We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pretty big rat below left breast.

I believer that's her right breast. I take great note of such things.

2 months later
#6098 4 years ago

All prices in Australian dollars; In 1991 I purchased my first pinball, haunted house for $350. I then bought a KISS pinball for $400 a few months later and then sold Haunted house and bought Gorgar for $350. I bought and sold (just for home use) pinballs for 15 years or so and then got divorced and had to sell my lethal weapon 3 in 2016 for $2200. Now 3 years later, lethal Weapon 3 is going for at least double that and any decent 90s pinball is going for 5-8k. Prices of 80s and 90s machines are so insane that when i decided to jump back in about 6 months ago, I decided it made little sense to get an old machine with potential issues at those prices and I forked out 13k for a Batman 66 (catwoman edition) which I LOVE. Just wish I could afford a second pinball!

6 months later
#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Problem with PJ is they are a pretty faceless rock band with nothing too interesting aboot them. Super famous, super loved, but what the hell would you do with the theme? Kiss, ACDC, IMDN are all super easy, they all have schtiks. Beatles is veering off a little but the went old school lunchbox angle and it works. I guess Aerosmith with be the closest one, that "toy in the attic" shit was a stretch

Somebody make a Van Halen machine already!

5 months later
#12086 3 years ago

Just one mans opinion but I still hold a DLR Van Halen pin would be incredible and I would be in for one straight away. Flashy, fun, uptempo. I think Queen and Foo Fighters are no brainers to shift units as well.

3 weeks later
#12679 3 years ago

I'll say it again... DLR Van Halen and Foo Fighters! Kick ass music, huge catalogues... I'd buy either in a heart beat no matter what I had to sell to get em!

1 month later
#13624 3 years ago
Quoted from pgafan98:

VH would be great!!! Especially now with Eddie RIP. Wouldn’t mind seeing The Cars ... not sure if overall appeal though. RUSH???

I have been crying out for a VH pin forever! Would definitely be an instant NIB purchase for me.

1 month later
#14979 3 years ago

For potential themes I'd add a lot of great TV shows, especially in recent years with the high level of funding and consequent 'golden age'. I know a lot of shows have been covered already, but the focus is still more on movies and music IMO, leaving a TV seam ready to be further mined..... Friends

FRIENDS! What a great suggestion. I would be on one of those in a heartbeat, and so many great callouts, episode themes, 6 characters etc... winner winner chicken dinner!

1 week later
#15429 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Man I've been on such a hard VH kick since Eddie passed. Please just give me a pin that covers self-titled through 1984 and I will pay a lot of money.

I resemble that remark.

1 month later
#18584 2 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Give me Motley Crue, Van Halen, Judas Priest, or Black Sabbath in a music pin and I will be happy…

Yep. Van Halen or Motley would be an instant buy for me. As would Journey & Green Day.

1 week later
#18709 2 years ago

Journey were MASSIVE and continue to this day to pull massive audiences, albeit with the current lineup... which is a testament to just how great those songs are/were. I would buy a Journey pinball in a heartbeat. I think a Motley pin would make money too as would a Bon Jovi.... but I think a Van Halen pinball is the one that has been missed and would do really well in both the home market and on site to put into suburban bars etc. Broad market, fantastic upbeat songs, super marketable imagery, tons of incredible video footage to use and they could get DLR to do the callouts.... like seriously, just build it and take my money. Honk if you agree.

1 week later
#18821 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I want a Van Halen pin ......

So Do I. Make it. Take my money and a lot of other peoples. Especially with Eddie now gone. Everyone knows the band members... the signature colours of Eddies guitar(s), Obviously the songs, Tons of great video footage.. Upbeat music as well as funny Lee Roth stuff to use for call outs... it's a no brainer. Van Halen or Journey Pin = Take my money. Motley Crue = lemme have a few games on one first. Rush = Probably not. Super talented band but not the fun feel or marketable band members you want for a pin.

4 weeks later
#19162 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm interested in a VH pin, too, but I don't think it would sell as much as a Rush pin would (and you could always mod it to be a Neil Peart tribute pin as well!).
Nerds (of which I'm one) are big into pinball and are usually huge Rush fans. Seems like the market would be built in to the demographic already.
All the "cool" kids listen to Van Halen (and I love both and I'm in on a Rush pin if they do it).

Van Halen would outsell a Rush pin by miles. Not even close.

2 weeks later
#19472 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah but I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my reference ie a big Aus band that would be obscure to the US (as per my reply to Screaminr's post which was in the same vein), like Rush is to Aus. Air Supply were of course massive globally.

Awesome bands (that never made it in the U.S) for an Aussie/NZ retheme of Rush;
Divinyls
Cold Chisel
Australian Crawl
Sherbet
Split Enz
Icehouse
Noiseworks
Baby Animals (had some success in the U.S)

#19475 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Don’t get me wrong - keep listing these bands, because I have more things I can check out, and I don’t really want to be some sort of Rush evangelist… people like what they like… but you are suggesting a retheme of a possible pin of a band you aren’t even sure you don’t enjoy?

Unlike the other Aussies here (it seems) I do know Rush quite well but I grew up as a hard rock kid in the 80s revelling in anything I could get my hands on from the U.S or Canada. (And as a drummer you couldn't not love Neil Peart) Having said that, while you can't help but admire their musicianship, for me personally, the songs arent what I want to play pinball to. I would rather something either more fun ie Van Halen or more irreverent ie Beastie Boys... (would buy either of those in a heartbeat) was just having a bit of fun re the Aussie bands.

#19477 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I hear you - you can’t change what you do or don’t like. It may change (or not) but it just is what it is.

Right? Arguing over whether one band is 'better' than another is ridiculous. Can argue for what is more popular, sure. Can even mount arguments that some artists maybe arent quite as suited to a pinball machine even if you love their music... Enya pinball anyone?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#19876 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Idk, id take maiden reskinned as another music pin.

Yep me too. Reskin Iron Maiden as Van Halen and I am in!!!

2 weeks later
#20464 2 years ago

Slight segue from the Godzilla v BTTF hype and speculation.... (and excuse me if this has been discussed elsewhere) but given that the next game is an Elwin design, should we presume that the following one is likely to be a Gomez one? He hasn't had one for a while... and he has designed my 3 top pins ever so I am praying his next design is a theme I like....

#20466 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Gomez “retired” from officially designing. I think he gives input and tweaks things but has not really worked on a design since Deadpool and even that may not have been a full redesign. Borg just said on the SAPS podcast that his next pin will be out by the end of the year.

Ahh I feared this may be the case... but it also breaks my heart! Thanks for the info

#20646 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

For goodness sake give us Van Halen with Roth callouts for the next music pin. Eruption Multiball!!!

Hell Yes. Yes, yes yes. Yes to the power of yes, and yes x 1000000.
(That's a yes from me)

#20647 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LEs will be sold out within the first hour. And Rush is such a popular band in the US, I'm sure the premium and pro models will do really well, too. Just talking out my ass here, but I'm pretty sure Oz doesn't account for a huge percentage of Stern's sales, so as long as they make up for it with US sales, they won't lose much sleep over it.

In the current pin economy I am sure Stern would indeed get sufficient North American sales to justify a Rush pin, but do they really want to alienate a bunch of other markets?

#20662 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're not "alienating" a market by releasing a pin that a demographic doesn't like. That's like saying JJP alienated all people who aren't GnR fans by putting out that game. If the Rush game isn't big in one market, you can be sure their next game will be.

I get what you're saying, and not everyone is going to like every pin... but I still can't think of a mainstream music pin where a bunch of the markets would have no interest at all. I have no interest in GnR but of course the units for Australia sold straight away.... either way, I guess we will find out!

2 weeks later
#21981 2 years ago

Van Halen
Beastie Boys
Moneyheist

3 weeks later
#22276 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You may not have heard of Rush, but unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past few decades you have heard the song Tom Sawyer, and probably thought it rocked.

Nope. Just listened to it then and never heard it before. I am a massive hard rock fan and professional muso all my life. The reality is some bands just didnt translate to foreign territories. Dont forget 'back in the day' we were only exposed to what our local radio stations and tv broadcast, and for us - in Australia at least - Rush was never played. All that aside, if the theme would make a lot of people here happy, then I am all for it!

#22321 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Actually I’m excited to let you guys know it’s a Three Amigo’s Pin with the key character “The Singing BUSH” as Next Stern Pin! [quoted image]

Don't laugh. These would be a dream pin for me. Like, the Dreamiest.

#22327 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Subdivisions, Limelight, YYZ, Tom Sawyer and Far Cry are songs that I enjoyed from them back home. I was born in a city called Medellin in Colombia, and even down there in the radio we listened RUSH songs … I don’t understand why in south America we hear more from them compared to Australia or Europe

Prog rock was never ever played on the radio here. I'm sure there was a few Rush, Yes etc fans running around but those sorts of bands were never aired on TV or radio here so to us (in Australia) we have heard some of the bands names but couldn't name a song.

1 week later
#22510 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh, I don’t doubt that RUSH is hugely popular. There is no question about that. They are just low on my personal totem pole of prog bands. But, I’m happy that the fans will get their game like the Zep fans did. I figure if Stern can rip through all the lame dad rock they’ll eventually run out and have to make something awesome like…a Motorhead, Slayer, Funkadelic, DEVO, Beastie Boys or Wu Tang Clan pin

Beastie Boys, Devo or Wu Tang Clan would be awesome!

2 months later
#24568 2 years ago

Oh C'mon. Dave Lee Roth era Van Halen. It's a no brainer! Diamond Dave would do the best call outs.

1 week later
#24716 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just had a awesome flight back home from work, 1/2 cut and flying high, listening to some epic Van Halen.
So hoping that there is a designer at Stern who is interested in making a VH_DLR pinball featuring tracks from VH, Diver Down and 1984 featuring Eruption mutiball with a Ice Cream Man mini wizard mode

Yes, Yes and ... Yes. For gods sake build it Stern! Not only a dream theme but with VH imagery, incredible uptempo music and Lee Roth callouts, it would be beyond incredible. Put me down for an LE thankyou!

1 month later
#25791 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Totally agree J85M - Godzilla LE . £12500 - $17,000!
SLE BOND and SLE BTTF and I’m done..

Quoted from pinmister:

-P.s. please do a vault run of KISS Pro-300 and re-theme Iron Maiden to ? w/ mirrored layout-easy cash-cha-ching!

Hell yes to both. I have been begging for a rethemed Iron Maiden! Van Halen, Beastie Boys.. whatever!

2 months later
#26689 1 year ago
Quoted from Wiggidy:

I bought one of these recently because I just really wanted to try it. I don't usually have time to make it to any shows and I doubt I'll ever see one on location, so I pulled the trigger. I know people lament the pricing when they compare it to NIB pro pricing years ago (I'm not saying that's what you're doing), but looking strictly at NIB / very recent used Spike 2.0 prices, the fact that it's usually around $2300 less is not insignificant. I have to say, I feel like I got my money's worth. I really think it's a ton of fun and I have a hard time walking away from it. I've had plenty of "oh shit it's 3 am" nights on it. I had reservations about the tiny screen but when I'm in the middle of a game I don't even notice it. It ended up not bothering me at all. Nothing about the way it plays, to me, feels cheap or lacking.
I know people have concerns about their resale value, and maybe those concerns will turn out to be well founded, but personally I don't take that into consideration. I always assume any money I spend on pinball is gone forever; I just worry about enjoying it. Anyway I guess my point is that I think the JP Home Pin is worth the asking price and not a bad deal at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JP Home pin absolutely worth it. It's the whole families favourite. I just added a speaker and that's all it needed. You don't notice the small screen at all when you are playing. Just a super fast, super fun, super 'one more game' pin. Betcha this is a sleeper and becomes the first genuinely collectable home pin...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26690 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Van Halen please….
[quoted image]

Yes, Yes, A Thousand times yes.

#26800 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My daughter saw it (Dr Strange) last night and said it sucked. Im boycotting Disney so I won’t see it

I thought Dr Strange (Multiverse) was one of the best Marvel films as did my movie buff cousin. Sam Raimi's directions was firmly stamped all over it and it had wonderful horror film elements throughout, rather than the usual corny smirk one liners. As for has Marvel ever bought out ANY good films... ummm short answer is....YES. Lots of them. But defs Deadpool, Iron Man 1 and GOTG amongst the best for my money!

#26977 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Why does everyone want little kid titles? Are we 12?

Emotionally... Yes. yes we are.

3 months later
#32349 1 year ago

It's Bond.... whew. My money is safe. I was worried it might be BTTF in which case I was considering selling one of the kids to raise extra funds. Hope it's a ripper machine for you Bond fans tho....

3 months later
#34575 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Really want a Ozzy pin(wife is already on board) but also would take a Journey(wife also on board)

Journey, Van Halen, Beastie Boys or BTTF would all be an instant buy for me....

1 month later
#35683 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

VH would be a Day 1 purchase for me.

VH would also be a day one purchase for me. ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION STERN?!!

4 months later
#37433 10 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

VH is a definite winner, Has to be Roth and Eddie for sure.
I was always blah about Beastie Boys as a Pinball theme, never no hip hop fan, However there is solid merit there for kick ass pin.
Fifth Element , super no brainer, such a perfect theme for pinball with full assets.

Yes, yes and yes to the above.

3 weeks later
#38458 9 months ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I was checking out Stern's website today just for fun. I saw this and other wild priced stuff. And I thought that their Toppers were expensive!
[quoted image]

Must be an LE Cap

1 month later
#40291 8 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Joe K. got the BTTF movie assets for slot machines. No doubt he got them for the pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm off for a holiday to NYC in 6 weeks and super pumped to see BTTF the musical. After that I am super pumped to buy BTTF the pinball...

2 months later
#41999 5 months ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I think an Anchorman pin would be fun.

Imagine the callouts!

3 weeks later
#42602 5 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Love me some Perry Journey, but not interested in a music pin currently.
I'd rather an 80s jukebox theme if music is a must. Maybe "One Hit Wonders".

They could never get an affordable license for hit songs from all the different artists.
As for Journey, they dont scream 'excitement' to me as a pinball theme... but I LOVE Journey so would get one if the layout is decent...

2 weeks later
#43115 4 months ago

Clearly this is a sign... I went for a swim at my local beach today and next thing I knew the lifesaver helicopter whizzes by with siren blaring telling us to get out of the water. Then more surf lifesavers come by in their beach buggy and tell us a great white was spotted 50m off shore. I literally had been swimming 40m off shore when the alarm went. Anyhoo, I took it all as a publicity stunt from Stern to announce the next pin....

1 month later
#44348 3 months ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I'm hoping for a Sandlerverse pin. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, and Water Boy. It's about time Adam Sandler got his own pinball machine.

Happy Gilmore has always been a great pin idea, but now that you mention it, the Wedding Singer would be a super fun pin too!

#44435 3 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Sounds like Journey is on its way. Would prefer Black Sabbath but seems Ozzy is on the horizon. Sure hope they get those callouts from him soon!

Journey pin = I'm in

#44673 84 days ago

I LOVE Journey. I dont think its the funnest idea for a pin mind you, but It would be a def buy for me because of my connection to the tunes. I'd much rather have a Van Halen or Beastie Boys because they also have excellent tunes but additionally would be much funner pins with much stronger imagery ... but anyhoo, ya know, if they release Journey, my Foos pin is out the door and Journey is in. I would think they would have to have the license for the original lineup if it indeed was going to happen. Interestingly Steve Perry just posted on Facebook 30 mins ago about the Greatest hits being remastered and rereleased a few days ago. I doubt a Journey pin will actually be made... but these days, who knows!

1 month later
#45679 48 days ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Thunderbirds would have been SO MUCH BETTER themed as Team America: World Police. The “Puke Multiball” would be glorious - every jackpot, Gary pukes a little more. Or a LOT more, for super jackpots.

I would buy a Team America pin in a heartbeat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.