20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I could see Scooby Doo having some nice integration. Get the gang together, take a ride to spooky destinations in the mystery machine and hunt down monsters (only to find out it was actually old man Peterson). Maybe stop for some Scooby snacks along the way.
As long as they hire Matthew Lillard instead of whoever does Shaggy in the new movie trailer.

I’d love Scooby Doo. Also, there’s a new movie hitting soon with Zach Efron voicing a character.

2 weeks later
#6029 4 years ago

If Brian Eddy is doing ST, then who is on design and code for Turtles?

#6070 4 years ago

Stern should really consider getting Beavis and Butthead. It could have music, comedy and would appeal to a large demographic that are usually pinball buyers. If done right, could be epic. So many good quotes could be used for the game.

Probably rival Spooky’s R&M level of hype.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Eh..yea...those remake movies weren't good, is it even relevant now? I feel like they missed the timing of it by quite a bit...
Based on the rumors of upcoming games, sounds like I can concentrate on finding some older games for awhile.

There was a cartoon movie released this year and there’s another live action reboot currently in the works. There’s also a fourth animated series still running.

They’ve essentially been active ever since the mid-80s for the most part.

1 month later
#6652 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mission Impossible is currently filming its 7th and 8th instalments. Fast and furious must finished film 9 with 3 more coming, it seems like a no brainer at this point to make pins based on these billion dollar franchises, that have massive world wide and commercial appeal.

I’ve seen all of them, but wouldn’t want either as a theme. When people have discussed dream themes, I don’t see them brought up there as well. Cruise would probably not let them use his likeness.

#6665 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I can only speak from my own experience. I only have 3 new(er) Sterns - the premiums of ACDC, IMDN, and JP2. Though I feel they may have been overpriced, I just have had no serious complaints about them.
I can’t speak to their quality versus the older games in my collection, because my older games are pins that survived. I suspect there were a lot of the same titles built in that era that didn’t because they had various manufacturing flaws that mine didn’t, causing confirmation bias.
I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Same, I really enjoy Stern games and haven’t had a JJP game really call to me yet. My only concern has been with the playfield issues, which JJP has also had the same problems.

JP2 is phenomenal.

1 week later
#6813 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see what Keith does next.

1 week later
#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

TMNT it's coming.[quoted image]

What written proof do you have? I’ve only seen it for Beetlejuice.

1 month later
#7450 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why are you yelling?

You can hear him?

#7451 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I THINK THIS IS YELLING!

What do you think is whispering?

1 month later
#7654 3 years ago

I’m really impressed with Elwin and Jurassic Park. Was debating on Maiden, but not crazy about the theme, thought I’d just wait for his next game. Unfortunately, I’m not thrilled about Godzilla as a theme either. Maybe Keith can work his magic, but it also feels kind of a close theme to JP. I’d think he’d want to work on something completely different.

If your into the theme, there’s no better designer though, so Godzilla fans should be happy if the rumors are true.

#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I believe I heard his next game is a two flipper game(though I could be very mistaken).
I love me a third (or fourth) flipper but I'm curious what the man does with two and it definitely wouldnt feel like JP if that's the case.
Lol, I just realized I have 12 flippers between my 3 games if you count the Shadow battlefield paddle. What's extra funny is my neighbour offered to sell me his Black Hole. My flipper count would be through the roof.

I don’t think he’d do a two flipper game. Keith has stated in interviews that he couldn’t see himself doing less than three flippers.

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know WHAT it is, but given that Jaws turned out to be the code name for Jurassic Park, I'm more of the mind that Godzilla is a code name for Elwin's next pin and not the pin itself. The Stern shared Harry Potter World picture from like a year and a half ago and what a monster hit it would be feeds this. But basically if you look at the codename as standing in for a "destroy the competition" release, it could be any big title fans have been asking for with lots of sales potential. Harry Potter and Back to the Future both fit this profile.

Except Stern supposedly has the license for Godzilla.

3 months later
#9865 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Avengers pin was based off of the new video game coming out next month.
[quoted image]

That would be bad. The game is also not getting much praise from people who have played it.

#9866 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Avengers did huge world wide and even bigger in China.
I disagree with GB, I love mine, and suck so bad at pinball it is a great game I’ll never see the end on

It was bigger in China than worldwide? Wow, that’s impressive.

6 months later
#14738 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

The new Godzilla/King Kong movies suck and are rated terrible so, I hope it’s not Godzilla.
Jaws hasn’t been a thing in years. Sharknado would probably sell better as it more relatable to modern times.
BTTF transcends really well and is popular with all ages.
Alien is already being done.
So, BTTF it is!

Keith Elwin allegedly is doing Godzilla...

I’d love to see Beavis and Butthead since they are bringing the show back and with a movie. Cobra Kai could also be interesting. I’d love to see BTTF too!

1 week later
#15063 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

4. Stern surprises us with a Kamikow Premium/LE game. There have been none since Elvira, and JJP is doing well with it's higher end pins and EHOH is a hot ticket item. I think Kamikow would be an A list license like Harry Potter (I can dream).

Elvira was not a Kamikow game...Beatles and Batman don’t really have mechanical magic.

5 months later
#20416 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I prefer AIQ over JP and have never once considered buying JP. Played it in league all the time and just don't enjoy shooting it. I have an AIQ Prem on order and I said I'd never buy a premium anything. Hopefully it gets here before the price increase

I own both and JP is a much better game IMO. Keith Elwin even said he owns a JP and not an AIQ. I enjoy the code more and the toys are cooler.

#20459 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Yea I love Maiden, I'll never part with it, between the theme and gameplay its perfect for me. AIQ on the other hand I remain disappointed with. I want to love it like so many others do but sadly it continues to just not click with me. Sucks really, love the theme and really like Elwin's previous games but this one ... I can appreciate that the rules are so deep but man it just seems overly complicated to me. Nice to hear Mando is being enjoyed, looks like a fun one, I've begun to toy with the idea of selling off my AIQ premium or possibly trading it for a pro Mando.

I actually think the rules are pretty shallow compared to Elvira.

#20504 2 years ago

Elvira is definitely on the easy side, makes it great for my family and casuals even if it eventually didn’t get much playtime from me. I’d have to be hurting for space to get rid of it and itching for something else.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The rules are very deep on Elvira but feels unrewarding after awhile because it shoots so easily. I only kept mine for a year cause I could blow through the entire game and sell the house pretty easily. The last straw was when I completed everything in the code minus selling the house on ball one. Listed it next day. And before anyone says the game was set up too easy…it was not. Normal tilt, 3 ball, open outlanes, correct pitch etc. Definitely prefer Maiden, gotta shoot like a God to reach RTTH.

#20584 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really enjoyed the James Gunn one. But I have zero exposure to the comics so maybe that is why I just enjoyed it for the darkly hilarious ride it was in a sea of other TERRIBLE, unenjoyable DC movies.
But I have NO IDEA how they're going to get people to watch a Peacemaker TV show after his story arc in the movie. Hype level zero for me.

I thought it was good too, not sure what people are hoping for in this franchise.

My personal review...SPOILERS.

#20588 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am baffled by the prevalence of opinion that Back to the Future is a more profitable license for a pinball machine than Godzilla. A good-but-not-great 80’s movie that is far from the purchasing public’s consciousness vs. a monster movie franchise with three American releases in the past five years and literally toys on Wal-Mart shelves right now. And that leaves nothing to say about the apples vs apples comparisons of legacy and cult status of each respective franchise.
Either way, it is Godzilla, and I have never seen Stern more sure of what they have than they are with this title. They are letting operators buy 3 and are pumping out location games first like they have never offered to do before.

Many consider BTTF a perfect movie. IMO, Godzilla doesn’t even come close to BTTF as far as a wanted theme. Hope both are made and deliver to fans of the franchises.

#20851 2 years ago

Where’s my Spaceballs pin?

#20852 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern code names in order by machine:
Elvira HoH - Curves
Game of Thrones - Politico
Ghostbusters - Harold
Godzilla - Oops
Guardians of the Galaxy - Furry Hats

Godzilla’s code name is the same as my first child. What a Coinkydink.

11 months later
#30503 1 year ago

I received my R&M near the tail end, so many problems and weak flippers during MB that couldn’t make the left ramp. The whole left side was terrible and taken up by a scoop. It was amateur hour. I mean Spooky didn’t even realize the flippers sat higher due to the playfield being thinner until someone on here told them.

Halloween code and animations are pretty bad and the sound is annoying too. Hard pass.

#31269 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah? Why do you suppose they stopped producing Stranger things and Iron Maiden? License just run out?

They are still making Iron Maidens. Supposedly 2023 and it’s still listed on Stern’s site as in production.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=skillshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.