IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,162 posts in this topic. You are on page 397 of 944.
#19801 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Has anybody priced a new fence lately? Up 40%. A new home build? Holy shit is wood and other materials expensive. Knickknacks and manufactured parts that need a ride on a slow boat? Price hike due to logjams in canals, COVID labor shortages on the seas and on the docks, and general fuckery all around right now. Priced a used auto lately? Unobtanium. Everything is expensive.
But everyone make sure to ignore those facts and act REAL astonished when Stern adjusts their prices in line with any other inflation on any other manufactured item.
Insert "Yeah, but" argument re: prices you already didn't like below:

Gambit, please focus your energy on a Pulp Fiction pin. We need a bad AMF to get that one over the goal line!

#19802 2 years ago

Luckily I got on a back to the future LE list 2 years ago.i would say this is the absolutely most FOMO title I can think of. Back to the future is my absolute grail theme and cant wait too see how they implement the theme into nowadays technology

#19803 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ritchie was working on 007 before going to JJP...Gomez is going to finish the game. And this is what we’ll get instead of Rush.

That would be awesome.

#19804 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I would love to see a modern High Speed game

How do you top Getaway?

#19805 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

How do you top Getaway?

The getaway is fantastic so is no fear!

I would love to see another jump ramp!

That shot in No Fear is the coolest shot in pinball in my opinion

#19806 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie confirms Back To The Future involvement prior to leaving Stern, with a mullet from 1985.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19807 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ritchie was working on 007 before going to JJP...Gomez is going to finish the game. And this is what we’ll get instead of Rush.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

First, the Whitewood of SR is finished since July 27th, according to himself.

Second, why & how the F*** would be a George Gomez Redesign of STeve Ritchies game be sooner then a game long in development or near ready in ~6 months?!

#19808 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That makes no sense whatsoever.
First, the Whitewood of SR is finished since July 27th, according to himself.
Second, why & how the F*** would be a George Gomez Redesign of STeve Ritchies game be sooner then a game long in development or near ready in ~6 months?!

If true, I doubt Gomez would be doing a total "redesign" and starting from scratch. Possibly, some minor tweaks, after they start testing it. Other than that, Gomez would just be overseeing the rest of the game's development. Think of designers like a movie director. They have the general vision of what they want the finished game to be. So, in addition to just designing the layout, they guide everyone involved with the game and offer input on the game's toys, rules/code, art, call outs, etc. Some designers are more hands on with those various aspects than others. As always, we'll just have to wait and see.

#19809 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Would love to see a SLE Back to the Future!
[quoted image]

I’ll take any BTTF game with original footage! G

Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Steve Ritchie confirms Back To The Future involvement prior to leaving Stern, with a mullet from 1985.
[quoted image]

[quoted image]

Yes he did! Grail game for me and I really hope so.

#19810 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I’ll take any BTTF game with original footage! G

Yes he did! Grail game for me and I really hope so.

Not sure how I feel about Borg do8ng BTTF if that rumor is true. Not sure his style of game is a great match for the theme.

#19811 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not sure how I feel about Borg do8ng BTTF if that rumor is true. Not sure his style of game is a great match for the theme.

As long as he gets rid of the obnoxious "Borg bounce" inducing dual inlanes that he insists on using.

#19812 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Has anybody priced a new fence lately? Up 40%. A new home build? Holy shit is wood and other materials expensive. Knickknacks and manufactured parts that need a ride on a slow boat? Price hike due to logjams in canals, COVID labor shortages on the seas and on the docks, and general fuckery all around right now. Priced a used auto lately? Unobtanium. Everything is expensive.
But everyone make sure to ignore those facts and act REAL astonished when Stern adjusts their prices in line with any other inflation on any other manufactured item.
Insert "Yeah, but" argument re: prices you already didn't like below:

Solution: No new pinball machines will be made, only new games for existing P3 modules.

#19813 2 years ago

Megadeth.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#19814 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Solution: No new pinball machines will be made, only new games for existing P3 modules.

You joke but... Modular stuff like P3 and stern's Home editions don't just don't scratch the itch, but it's a stretch to fit one cab in my house. More than one is impossible.

If stern announced a black cab with power & node boards and then sold complete populated playfields identical to the ones they ship in the pros for recent/future games that you could swap like a nintendo cartridge in the time it takes to slide out the glass and attach a wiring harness you'd have lot of takers.

#19815 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

P3 hardware is inferior to Spike in the area of flipper heat management, especially for a trap player. The lowest duty cycle in hold P3 can do is 1 millisecond, while Stern can do microsecond pulses with Spike, which is why their flipper hold heat management is like magic. Barely moves the heat needle up in a half hour of continuous hold. In fact, Spike's is better at that than all other manufacturers currently, including the new board Spooky is using for Halloween/Ultraman.

So, no. Thanks.

#19816 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Maybe I haven't played enough Borg games, but the TMNT layout is super fast and, imo, would actually be a nice re-skin for BTTF. Loop it around to get to 88 mph, then hit the center ramp to time travel! I know they aren't gonna re-theme for this one, but I think Borg will be a blast.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19817 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

You joke but... Modular stuff like P3 and stern's Home editions don't just don't scratch the itch, but it's a stretch to fit one cab in my house. More than one is impossible.
If stern announced a black cab with power & node boards and then sold complete populated playfields identical to the ones they ship in the pros for recent/future games that you could swap like a nintendo cartridge in the time it takes to slide out the glass and attach a wiring harness you'd have lot of takers.

Heighway pinball was going down this road, but abandoned it. A fully populated pf takes up quite a bit if room, not to mention the swapping of pfs is going to induce some damage that Stern would have to troubleshoot (if they had a service dept that is) sounds good on paper, but impractical in reality.

#19818 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Heighway pinball was going down this road, but abandoned it. A fully populated pf takes up quite a bit if room, not to mention the swapping of pfs is going to induce some damage that Stern would have to troubleshoot (if they had a service dept that is) sounds good on paper, but impractical in reality.

I don't have any illusions they will do it for that reason in addition to how radically it could alter the landscape for their existing buyers if it caught on. I think if they announced it in September they'd have distributors and large collectors rioting and mass cancellations of people waiting on one machine on the no longer sure they could trade for another down the line. They'd also sell out of the first allotment of cabs/playfields before a single one shipped.

#19819 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

How do you top Getaway?

Play High Speed (my preference of the two)

#19820 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Pinball 2000 would like a word

#19821 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Maybe I haven't played enough Borg games, but the TMNT layout is super fast and, imo, would actually be a nice re-skin for BTTF. Loop it around to get to 88 mph, then hit the center ramp to time travel! I know they aren't gonna re-theme for this one, but I think Borg will be a blast.

Dude owns Gotg AND Tron. Borg has a definite feel.

#19822 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Luckily I got on a back to the future LE list 2 years ago.i would say this is the absolutely most FOMO title I can think of. Back to the future is my absolute grail theme and cant wait too see how they implement the theme into nowadays technology

What distributor even does this? When I emailed one they were just like “Sorry, haven’t heard anything about a BTTF?”. Hard time believing a distributor would put you on a list for something theoretical.

#19823 2 years ago

Owning several Borg games and knowing John’s passion for our hobby, he’s going to knock it out of the park imo. A friend that has spoken directly with John recently expressed how excited John is about his upcoming title, which is assumed to be BTTF. John didn’t say it was, but on his FB page a while back, he did post some BTTF material. Owning TMNT it shoots like a dream machine and is so underrated, just like Tron was when it first came out.

#19824 2 years ago

This one will never happen, but wish it would..

7D28D8B4-A08C-4DAC-B717-341CF3621CBB.gif7D28D8B4-A08C-4DAC-B717-341CF3621CBB.gif
#19825 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

This one will never happen, but wish it would..
[quoted image]

Seconded. I like the cut of your jib.

#19826 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What distributor even does this? When I emailed one they were just like “Sorry, haven’t heard anything about a BTTF?”. Hard time believing a distributor would put you on a list for something theoretical.

If it’s a title you really want. Talk to the right distributor. Money talks. Offer to put 2k down to get locked in on an LE that doesn’t exist. They can use the money to keep things going while you have the comfort of knowing if and when the title comes out. You will be getting one at cost. I have 8k sitting right now on 3 titles that if and when they happen I won’t be fighting to get order in or paying thousands over cost to others who are locked in. None are JJp machines by the way!

#19827 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie confirms Back To The Future involvement prior to leaving Stern,
[quoted image]

Where did he say that .

#19828 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

If it’s a title you really want. Talk to the right distributor. Money talks. Offer to put 2k down to get locked in on an LE that doesn’t exist. They can use the money to keep things going while you have the comfort of knowing if and when the title comes out. You will be getting one at cost. I have 8k sitting right now on 3 titles that if and when they happen I won’t be fighting to get order in or paying thousands over cost to others who are locked in. None are JJp machines by the way!

And distributors will be charging more than cost on LEs from Mandolarian forward. Glad you can afford to have $8000 in distributors hands for games you hope come out. I am jealous but also confused. To each their own.

#19829 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And distributors will be charging more than cost on LEs from Mandolarian forward. Glad you can afford to have $8000 in distributors hands for games you hope come out. I am jealous but also confused. To each their own.

Zack at flip n out charges retail and you can also put your name down for a future pin without any cost , he said he's got people down on a Golden Girls list .

#19830 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Zack at flip n out charges retail and you can also put your name down for a future pin without any cost , he said he's got people down on a Golden Girls list .

Exactly. Cant say it enough. Zach is such a great part of this hobby and so glad to know him.

#19831 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Zach at flip n out has always done it and always honors the list by who asked first in order.to be honest. Its the only way you can even get a le at retail anymore. And I was one of the 1st years ago that suggested back to the future and he put my name on the list back in 2018-2019

#19832 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Zach at flip n out has always done it and always honors the list by who asked first.

Zach is a great guy and he had no problem when I slipped him a tenspot to put me ahead of you on his BTTF LE wait list.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19833 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Zach is a great gut, and he had no problem when I slipped him a tenspot to put me ahead of you on his BTTF LE wait list.

I slipped him some of these ... I'm before all of you.

future-biff-tannens-paradise-playing_1_b62743f22e22b87331e4cda8b576d092 (resized).jpgfuture-biff-tannens-paradise-playing_1_b62743f22e22b87331e4cda8b576d092 (resized).jpg
#19834 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Zach is a great gut, and he had no problem when I slipped him a tenspot to put me ahead of you on his BTTF LE wait list.

Loose lips sink ships, just grabbed your spot for 12 bucks and two warm cans of PBR.

#19835 2 years ago

Lol you guys are hilarious. I'm just excited to see my grail theme get the proper treatment.

#19836 2 years ago

But honestly, this is part of the issue. Getting on lists years (decades?) before something comes to fruition with or without money down is crazy. Some of these people are passionate about the title and want to make sure they get one. Others just do this to sell. I have seen multiple posts selling Mando where they have two LEs (assuming from different distributors). That's just being an asshole to others and price gouging. People are always going to be crappy to make a buck, and that's their prerogative, but its not good for the hobby.

Running prices up because parts cost more is one thing, running prices up because everyone wants to be a flipper is not good for the hobby and getting new entrants. And the hobby needs new entrants, or all of our pins are worthless, as there is no one new to buy them, and we don't all have room for 20 pins. And then used pins go up in price because if a new LE sold for $12k, then my used LE of a different title must be worth $9k. That's not how it works, but when everyone does it, then it becomes norm.

#19837 2 years ago

You guys naming distributors doing this can't bode well for them,,,

#19838 2 years ago
6D7C13F9-784A-4FF4-BE23-D7F4E20EDC0B (resized).jpeg6D7C13F9-784A-4FF4-BE23-D7F4E20EDC0B (resized).jpeg
#19839 2 years ago

Saw the Cry Macho trailer the other day and seems Clint is getting up there. Would be nice to see this get made into a pin before he crosses over

8B86EABF-51E7-429B-9E3F-6F27FF3E4BFA (resized).png8B86EABF-51E7-429B-9E3F-6F27FF3E4BFA (resized).png
#19840 2 years ago

My easy solution. Premium!

#19841 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My easy solution. Premium!

I am on board with this however also means you gotta wait 6 months after release

#19842 2 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I am on board with this however also means you gotta wait 6 months after release

The horror.

#19843 2 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:I am on board with this however also means you gotta wait 6 months after release

The advantage is that code will be almost 10% done by then too.

#19844 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Saw the Cry Macho trailer the other day and seems Clint is getting up there. Would be nice to see this get made into a pin before he crosses over
[quoted image]

The high score screen for Cry Macho requests that you name your cock.

#19845 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The advantage is that code will be almost 10% done by then too.

Code is easy . I enjoy gettin in early and watching game progress from its start. Fun to work thru any early issues.

#19846 2 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

Get rich and find a disto. What's the problem?

#19847 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The high score screen for Cry Macho requests that you name your cock.

If a guy wants to name his cock macho on a GC score, that’s ok by me

#19848 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If a guy wants to name his cock macho on a GC score, that’s ok by me

Huh, my bad, I thought that was already a thing!

#19849 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

But honestly, this is part of the issue. Getting on lists years (decades?) before something comes to fruition with or without money down is crazy. Some of these people are passionate about the title and want to make sure they get one. Others just do this to sell. I have seen multiple posts selling Mando where they have two LEs (assuming from different distributors). That's just being an asshole to others and price gouging. People are always going to be crappy to make a buck, and that's their prerogative, but its not good for the hobby.
Running prices up because parts cost more is one thing, running prices up because everyone wants to be a flipper is not good for the hobby and getting new entrants. And the hobby needs new entrants, or all of our pins are worthless, as there is no one new to buy them, and we don't all have room for 20 pins. And then used pins go up in price because if a new LE sold for $12k, then my used LE of a different title must be worth $9k. That's not how it works, but when everyone does it, then it becomes norm.

I agree, the list thing sucks. It is ripe for line cutting and favoritism since it's all on the down low, and non verifiable unofficial backdoor dealing... My distro does it another way that I prefer. Makes it fair for everyone instead of just his/her buddies, or the ever growing list of flippers (not players, but flipper collectors) that cut to the front of the line just because they buy every new Stern site unseen.
The list actually pushes people away to direct buy. If Stern decided to go the direct sales route (ala JJP) more than they have in the past, on a first come, first serve.. the distros honoring 3 year old and fantasy lists will have no one but themselves to blame when their allotments are cut short. The lists drive up prices and are indirectly encouraging FOMO and multi buy/flips... Why wouldn't a manufacturer want to get that majority cut $$$ first. Slippery slope.

#19850 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

flipper collectors

Flippers. Not collectors.
My guess that the reason Stern doesn't do direct sales is just because of ancient legacy relationships. Old boys' club. Might change when Gary leaves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Atlanta Area, GA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,162 posts in this topic. You are on page 397 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/397?hl=atum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.