51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

515 posts in this topic match your search for posts by screaminr. You are on page 1 of 3.
#5563 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have no problem with magnets doing crazy shit. Its part of the fun
Its pinball, " the ball is wild " remember.
To the few tourney players whining about no control , cry elsewhere about the randomness of pinball please.

I agree . I hope they don't design pins according to tournament players. Randomness gives everyone a chance

#5565 4 years ago

I remember in my younger days putting on black dog and rock and roll by Led Zeppelin on the jukebox at the pub and playing fishtails , great memories , so much so I brought a fish tales and will never let it go . Led Zeppelin deserves its own unique play field like ACDC and Iron Maiden

#5567 4 years ago

I know this won't ever get made , but I'd love to see this , the most Australian band ever .
THE CHATS !

1 week later
#5741 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Never watched the show
Can’t relate

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Why is Stranger Things a no brainier? Also why does a lot of people think this is next?

It has a very Steven Spielberg feel to it . A bit like , ET , Goonies, Stand By Me , kids in an adventure but dealing with the supernatural .
I ignored it for a long time but after hearing alot of good things about it here on pinside finally gave it a go . The wife was sceptical at first but we watched the first episode and then one more and then another , we were hooked . It's set in the 80s and has a great soundtrack if you like the above movies I highly recommend giving it a try .

1 week later
#5837 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Why are people trying to remake Indy all the time? The original is the best forever....

I don't get why people have such an issue with older themes being redone , how good would a new Lord of the Rings , Back to the Future or Family Guy be with the new technology . It's not going to make the originals any worse . Everyone seems pretty happy with the new Jurassic Park but if you listened to everyone who said don't remake it cuz it's already been done twice , well , we would never have it .

#5881 4 years ago

Just thinking out loud . What if , in upside down mode the lighting changes the music changes and then all scoring is reversed , so you lose points for everything you hit but if you complete the mode you get all your points back . Let's say the mode goes for 90 seconds with unlimited ball saves ( but time only starts once the first switch has been hit ) That would make you decide whether to go for big points by hitting the main shots or sacrifice a smaller amount of points by hitting other shots and if you hold your flippers up you lose a lot of score very quickly so you can't cradle the ball and time the mode out . By the way I have had a few beers

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey wasn't there also talk about a Night of the living dead pin? Man that would probably be a must have for me. Make it happen Stern!

I think there are clips of Night of the Living Dead in the new Elvira pin. Apparently it's a public domain movie , maybe it could be a good fit for spooky . But I could be wrong .

#5904 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

For those of you not thinking a Rush pinball machine will not work, your obviously not aware of the band’s history and influences on music and musicians!
The fan base is incredibly huge.
Do a little research....
They have many songs that could be used
And the wide range of characters and artwork that they have used Over 40 years is like no other band. They use most of these in videos while on tour.
Yes , I’m a musician and a huge rush fan but, I can guarantee if they release a Rush pinball machine and it is done well , it will easily sell more then any other music pin.
Their fan base runs many generations and a lot of them are 40 and older with cash to drop.

They must have been big everywhere except over here .

2 weeks later
#6209 4 years ago

Tell me if Stern already had games made and they are being shipped they wouldn't have shown a teaser video or at least some pictures to take the wind out of Rick and Morty sales . It's not like they're going to give their competitors a free kick .

#6211 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

750 games is a teaspoon of water in the ocean for Stern. If Spooky had gone with the LE/Standard model and was selling unlimited Standards still, Stern might have cared to throw a wrench in that, but Spooky self-limited and it was all over same day, so there's nothing really for Stern to do.

750 potential lost sales is nothing to sneeze at , even for Stern .

#6213 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Depends on the timeframe.
But 750 lost sales in 1 1/2 years isn't, right.

If Stern brought Godzilla just so spooky couldn't make it it , shows they don't want to lose a single sale to them no matter what the time frame .

#6215 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

A: I say „this“.
B: Yes, you‘re right
A: No, I‘m not!!!
B: ???

Must be a communication breakdown I'm not sure if you agree with my original post or not ?
All good either way .

#6217 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

True but Spooky did a surprise reveal/order and they sold out same day, nothing Stern can do about it now.
Plus your forgetting 90% of the people who put down on R&M have the means to pick up the phone and order a Stern or 2.

Spooky didn't announce it and sell it on the same day . Stern had time to put out some pictures and that would have made a lot of people question whether they brought a Rick and Morty or not .

#6220 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It sold out in one day from orders opening, not sure what your continually trying to argue in here.

You should read posts better .

Quoted from screaminr:

Spooky didn't announce it and sell it on the same day . Stern had time to put out some pictures .

Stern has a history of releasing pins straight after their competitors have released their pins.
All I'm saying is , if Stern has the games made and shipping , I'm surprised they didn't release pictures of it . If we see it before Christmas we'll know I'm wrong .

#6222 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Plus your forgetting 90% of the people who put down on R&M have the means to pick up the phone and order a Stern or 2.

I did say " potential sales " .
90% is way too high . Lots of people in the Rick and Morty thread said they would have to sell a pin or wanted to be further down the list so they had time to save for it . And like I said Stern wouldn't want to lose any sales to Spooky .

#6226 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what do you think past sales #s are for Stern?
most recent games in the past 2 years?
6.5mil off the table is an impact based on what I see.
I think you are severely over estimating the amount of sales Stern sees.
Best case I think they are doing 13,000 games a year (that would be 50 games every working day of the year without holidays. More likely it is 7-9,000 games is my best guess.
That puts 750 sales at ~10% and that money just left the market days before your end of year/ Q1 launch.
Stern sniping Godzilla shows pretty clearly whom they view as a possible concern.

That's what I've been thinking , how many black knights have been sold ? ( I actually really like that game )

#6232 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I would love to come to this thread after 40 new posts and see something other than people bickering about “lost opportunities/sales”.

Until they show a new pin what else is there to talk about

#6233 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

There is enough pie for everyone. The economy is booming and people have money to spend on toys. ..Period..

Then why did Stern buy Godzilla so spooky couldn't make it

#6236 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Why does everyone care so much that Stern dropped the ball by not hinting at a new game already?

Not everyone just me , and it was just an opinion .

IMG_20191218_223246 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_223246 (resized).jpg
#6256 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard a guy said it was yesterday

IMG_20191218_225902 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_225902 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Nice rant. Your "sorry" in your second sentence is as lame as the rest of it.

His " sorry " was in the third sentence you can tell by the previous full stops . ( this was one sentence )

1 week later
#6627 4 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

No Anchovies!!!

I used to think the same , until I heard Fry talk about them , so I tried them , and if done right they are unreal . They have to be on top of the pizza and well done . Since I've moved house I can't find a pizza shop that does them right .

IMG_20200205_232417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_232417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_232559 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_232559 (resized).jpg
#6629 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

U.K. prices are even more insane than European £1300 difference between a U.K. premium and a premium from Europe.

Do you know why there is such a big difference when a few days ago you guys were in the EU .

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Saw will not be a Stern game. What else you got?

I just saw the new Harley Quinn , birds of prey movie , it would work really well for a pin . Lots of missions , goals , a great soundtrack and great action scenes but as usual you would want to have all the movie assets along with the sound track . Plus having Margot Robbie on a pin ......

IMG_20200209_234215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200209_234215 (resized).jpg
#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Still looking for a Futurama machine to be made. Seems like a no brainer.[quoted image]

IMG_20200211_213415 (resized).jpgIMG_20200211_213415 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7122 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

check these prices out not delivered add maybe $200 delivery
https://www.amdcoinop.com/pinball-machines

Compared to everyone else , you guys in the US do get it a lot better , but it dose suck when your favourite thing keeps going up in price .

IMG_20200224_203832 (resized).jpgIMG_20200224_203832 (resized).jpg
#7124 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Guys in the states are so lucky, you can turn up to wash your dirty skids in a Laundromat and trap Ghosts or defeat the Black Knight while you wait FFS

You should have seen the look on my face when we went to the cinema last week and saw a brand new JP and GB in the foyer , I didn't think that happened any more .

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I can only assume that Stern have tried and failed to acquire license or not cost viable once they have to hand over the dollars for said license.

What I don't get , how is Back to the Future more expensive than Star Wars and the Marvel films , Stern has got . I wanted stranger things to be made but it just doesn't do it for me , but if they got any of the above themes and put the effort in like they did with Lord of the Rings and The Simpsons , I would be all over it .

#7233 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I would love to see a pin with Keanu Reeves in it.

I hate to be the one who says it , but get yourself a Johnny Mnemonic pin , I'm hanging out for a Bill and Ted's pin .

#7234 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I would love to see a pin with Keanu Reeves in it. Not just because of his movie status but because in real life he is a heck of a nice guy. The amount of work he does for charity etc is truly awesome. He’s also into motorcycles so he’s a cool dude. You never know, maybe he’d be up for involvement in a new Pin

I'm not trying to be an arsehole , if I didn't say it a lot of people would have , at least this way it is coming from a friendly place .

#7316 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Ok, I’ll bite... I know better - but I’ll chime in against my better judgement.
So fwiw I’ll reiterate that Stern only builds the contract games and - in my experience - the licensor is the Art Director in every case. (Supreme being the greatest example lol)
My involvement with Primus was contracted by the band AND essentially myself and Zoltron became the Art Directors for that project. Obviously I work with Greg and greatly appreciate & respect his opinion - so I bounced it off of him as we went - but Stern had zero input on the look and feel.
There was an extremely small window of time that I might have been working on Heavy Metal with the licensor - but schedule didn’t work out for me (thanks to another game at least!). But I only share this because I know the creatives on this did an amazing job with the time frame and creating original assets. It’s gorgeous up close! (No skittles puke! Yeti-Haters™️)
So, If there’s one flaw here (price doesn’t count - that’s also not up to Stern from my experience), it’s showing art as a flat template mock up vs a physical built game. It’s an amazing looking game imo and will look great once it’s in 3 dimensions.
Just sharing perspective from my experience... I say relax & wait to see this in person. (Of course I Am proud and love Primus - so take my opinion with squinting eyes and a cocked head...)
So - nothing nefarious to see here - continue on hating or loving people’s genuine efforts

I for one , really appreciate you giving some comments on how the process works , from someone on the inside .

2 months later
#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

she was gorgeous back then but what does she look like now.

I don't want to know , I always want to remember her being as hot as hell . It never ends up good , looking up chicks who you thought were hot when you were young .

#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Fast times at Ridgemont high ?

They would have to have Mr Hand " my time " countdown in there somewhere .

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Movie wise there is no comparison, Revenge of the Nerds is an all time classic,

I saw Revenge of the Nerds when I was 12 , first time I saw " bush " at the movies

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but my Aunt Judys son Paul’s ,wife Brendas brothers husbands Mom who works at Stern told me because of delays in contact talks with turtles they had a backup plan that they’re going to push forward hope you’ll enjoy!!!! I’ll have Playfield pics by first shift Tuesday !!!Happy Memorial Day To Alll That Have Served!!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If we're going Dom DeLuise movies , give me Cannonball Run any day .

IMG_20200525_215709 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_215709 (resized).jpg
#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Yeah a classic with a rape scene, ok boomer...

There is no rape scene in Revenge of the Nerds . If you're referring to when Betty and Lewis made love , she knew it wasn't Stan , different height , weight , moves , scent and different clothes . Once they had finished she said " you were wonderful " .
After that they fell in love and got married .
That's why she didn't confirm who she was having sex with visually or audibly .
No jury in the world would find you guilty of rape .
So there was no rape and you're clutching at straws for something that isn't there .
Snowflake .

IMG20200525223321 (resized).jpgIMG20200525223321 (resized).jpgIMG20200525223456 (resized).jpgIMG20200525223456 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_230127 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_230127 (resized).jpg
#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Same goes for this phrase.

That's the only reason I used it , if you're gonna throw around ageist insults , I thought fair enough . I try to avoid controversy these days but I feel this issue should be addressed .
Revenge of the Nerds is a about people being picked on , put down , trodden on in society and standing up for themselves , and is a feel-good movie nothing to do about rape .

#7835 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s technically rape, moving on...

Betty never complained and enjoyed the experience . She was of age and never filed a complaint , so technically it is not rape .
Nice to hear you're looking out for her though .

#7923 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

When will we see Led Zep acknowledge all the songs they ripped off? Probably never.

I don't give a shit how they came up with their music , if they've ripped off any songs , they made them even better . Robert Plant uses his voice like an instrument better than anyone in rock and roll . Bring On Led Zep ( with their own original playfield )

#7924 3 years ago

At first glance the layout on Turtles looks really good , so does the artwork - Except for the playfield but I guess Yeti could only use what he was allowed .

#7927 3 years ago

Looking at the video I think it does look good , still the Playfield art looks a bit average .
But I could live with that .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7930 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So what does the diverter thing do on the pro? That's such a bad thing to lose. Major gameplay changer

If you just have to hit the ramp without the aid of a diverter , I don't think that's such a bad thing . I guess we have to wait and see .

#7931 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Cool! They took the multi ball idea from Twister that I always say is super cool and people laugh at me.

I thought that was really cool , the balls sticking together , then flying off it .

#7990 3 years ago

After watching the stream I think Turtles looks really good . It has the best layout I have seen for a long time . I love a pin with orbits .

#8057 3 years ago

I've seen a few Stern pins lately I would like to get . The thing that puts me off is the playfield issues . With spooky sorting out their playfield's , I would love it if Stern came up with a new process and had a label like diamond plate or some sort of stamp that indicated that these new playfields would be good .

#8080 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't see a game there. Who's your adversary, Biff? Time itself? What's worse, nonstop Huey Lewis
It's a pretty shallow theme, with an already shallow pin to match. Paper-thin sci-fi romantic comedy. Funny that our generation has so much '80s nostalgia invested in a movie that's actually a love letter to the '50s. Everyone wants it to be 30 years ago.

A well done Back to the Future pin would sell like hot cakes .
If you think back to the future is a shallow story you're not trying hard enough . There are so many options for modes - save doc , save your family , stop Marty junior going to jail , get the Almanac back , get the DeLorean up to 88 mph ect .
What's wrong with having Bifff as the " bad " guy , in the pin , you could have a Biff wizard mode and play through all the times Marty has beaten Biff .
There is more music in Back to the Future than just Huey Lewis , Johnny B Goode anyone

#8092 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Goonies would be a must have for me

Goonies would be great but there's no way you could get away with not having movie clips and the actors voices .

( have to have Truffle Shuffle mode )

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So if sales were so poor for Heavy Metal was it scrapped entirely? I would have at least liked to see what they had created.

Who cares about heavy metal , I thought it was a Mixtape of heavy metal bands when I first heard of it , I have never heard of the Heavy Metal theme , it's all about Turtles now . I'm really tempted to get one but I want to see how to play Fields holdup .

1 month later
#8620 3 years ago

George Gomez was on the super awesome pinball show and said they passed on Big Trouble in little China , I think that was a mistake . Maybe they passed just to piss off Kaneda .
https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/superawesomepinballshow/id/15277331

IMG_20200725_233920 (resized).jpgIMG_20200725_233920 (resized).jpg
#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Duke

Vs
The Warriors

Vs
Scarface

Vs
Young Guns

Vs
Top Gun

Vote Now !!!!

Has to be the Warriors and Escape from New York .
It's like they're made for pinball with the missions- modes .
If I had to pick I would go the Warriors , such great call outs .

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Schwarzenegger Total Recall would make a bad ass pin. Moar bewbs!!![quoted image]

Lots of great Schwarzenegger movies .
I'd love to see Commando .
Let off some steam Bennett .

IMG_20200730_215343 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_215343 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_215054 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_215054 (resized).jpg
#8751 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Likely late Sep/Oct is what I’ve heard.

I've heard it will be released two days after jjp Guns N Roses

3 months later
#11469 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Harry Potter seems to be picking up steam at Stern (unfortunately not JJP).

Lol , if Stern got Harry Potter it would be the book version .
You get to read all about the mode you're doing on the LCD

1 week later
#12029 3 years ago

I'm in on a GNR but Led Zeppelin is my favourite band .
It'll be interesting to see how these two compare .
With Slash being a big pinball fan and putting everything into it , LED ZEP will have a lot to live up to .
Led Zep has to have , rock and roll , Black Dog , Boogie with Stu .
Hopefully it's not as good as what I would want otherwise I will have to rob a lot of 7-Eleven's
At the end of the day I can just turn down the volume on GNR and crank up whatever music I want .

IMG_20201213_015327 (resized).jpgIMG_20201213_015327 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#15314 3 years ago

Just got back from seeing Godzilla vs Kong . I really enjoyed the movie , it had a few plot holes but it's not the type of movie you take seriously . It would make a great pin , you don't need the actors just all the action scenes . It could be great .
I went to Carl's Jr a week ago for the first time and got a Godzilla burger ( it was $18 ) , man it was hard work , I'm still full

IMG_20210328_014507 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_014507 (resized).jpg
#15316 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Having had a NIB Batman'66SLE (my name's in the code!), I can confidently say SLEs are a complete ripoff.

You think Batman was a rip-off , take a look at this and it doesn't even include the topper and is only signed by two original band members .

IMG_20210328_021816 (resized).jpgIMG_20210328_021816 (resized).jpg
#15317 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Wow, you have Carl's Jr in Australia? Learn something new everyday. Didn't think that chain could make it internationally.

We only have 3 in my state and they haven't been here for that long , I just thought we had to give it a go .
The burgers were nice , the chicken pieces were nice , the fries were shit and the milkshake with ice cream was good . I want to go back and try their pancakes .

1 week later
#15726 3 years ago

Fuck it , everybody is afraid to suggest what they really want , so I will do it .
The Cobbler

IMG_20210405_030910 (resized).jpgIMG_20210405_030910 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#16921 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP LEs at 5000 is an absolute joke and insult to us as buyers. Nothing limited about 5,000 in pinball that sells for over $10k and we’ll see GNR LEs flooding the market at a loss in the future. History will repeat itself as it always does when the numbers are too high on so called collectibles.

I don't think GNR will lose value , especially over here in Oz . How many Addams family's did they make and they go for a 20 k + here restored .
Everyone told me I would lose money on my NIB Hobbit but I sold it for 1k more than I paided for it . Just saying .

1 week later
#17476 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Beautiful place Animal.
Eventually the Pulp Fiction poster may need a new spot … I think that’s a nice spot for Jaws

Sharp eye , Rollar .

#17481 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is there ever time to look up at a JJP 27” screen with all the multiball centric gameplay anyway??? Stern figured out the ideal balance for those few moments.
Lol, JJP big screen moments: are you more interested now in watching TV on JJP backboxes than playing pinball??? Like looking up to see Judy Garland’s movie clips with another actress singing “Somewhere over the Rainbow” with Judy’s lips out of sync in WOZ or POTC generic 3 sec movie clips, with no actors from the movies, showing only still’s of actors at mode selection or WW actors lips moving with no sound or voice from the movie...could go on and on with JJP unimpressive very few assets 27” back box examples...you mean those kind of big screen moments??? Lolololololololololololo. Too hilarious!

I laugh when people say this . What , you don't have a neck or eyes that move ?
You have plenty of time to look up at the screen when you hit the raps , catch a ball , lock balls or whatever .

#17483 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just stop.
Please.
How people can get so worked up over this shit at 9am astounds me.

Um....its 11.30 pm .

#17628 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Now, that Mando is confirmed and old news. What is the NEXT Stern pin?

Give me The Fifth Element .
Because it's the 5th of the 5th they're playing it five times in a row on free-to-air TV here ,that's how good it is.

IMG_20210505_224413 (resized).jpgIMG_20210505_224413 (resized).jpg
#17630 2 years ago

I love Star Wars and these are pictures of my ceiling in my game room . I don't subscribe to Disney so I have not seen the mandalorian .
Because the game is in the Star Wars universe , I could be interested but only if the actual gameplay is a Knockout .

IMG20180530164849 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164849 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164932 (resized).jpgIMG20180530164932 (resized).jpgIMG20180905170125 (resized).jpgIMG20180905170125 (resized).jpgIMG20180905170133 (resized).jpgIMG20180905170133 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_173400 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_173400 (resized).jpg
#17717 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Wow, that's really amazing! How was that done on the ceiling?

Thanks mate .
I found a local company that does displays for shops and department stores .
I showed them a picture of what I wanted , and they said they had never done one on the ceiling but said they would give it a go .
It looks like wallpaper but it's actually fabric and feels like a T-shirt .
You can pull it off and on hundreds of times without it losing it's stickiness ( apparently ) .

IMG_20210506_205542 (resized).jpgIMG_20210506_205542 (resized).jpg
#17794 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh it’s pretty sweet. Can you share the manufacturer or name of material etc? I would even know what type of shop to go ask.

This is the company I went through , great people and they can do basically anything you want .
https://featurewallprints.com.au/

#17795 2 years ago

Give me a new Family Guy pin , it's been long enough .

IMG_20210505_223928 (resized).jpgIMG_20210505_223928 (resized).jpg
#17855 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… amazing hahahahaha lol! I forgot about that one, thanks for posting this man!

How good was that .
I would love a Robot Chicken pin .
We need more funny pins , that's why Rick and Morty sold out so quick .

#17875 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Lol Scream … hahaha! 100% with you my mate!

After watching that clip , I think a Sailor Moon Pin could be good

IMG_20210509_023033 (resized).jpgIMG_20210509_023033 (resized).jpg
#17991 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I just think the backglass is lack luster so far...

That's the first thing I thought , I don't want to shit on anybody but that looks horrible to me .

IMG_20210511_205515 (resized).jpgIMG_20210511_205515 (resized).jpg
Give me something like this .

IMG_20210511_210633 (resized).jpgIMG_20210511_210633 (resized).jpg
#17994 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So much better art out there.[quoted image]

Dammit , you beat me , I was looking for better art when you posted this .

#17995 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I’m guessing we’ll see 3 different backglasses. Hopefully the other two are better than this as yeah it’s pretty meh..

They're all going to be in the same style , there's no way They're Gonna Put cool ones on the pro and the Premium .

#18003 2 years ago

‘Style’ yeah but you never know one may standout. That’s certainly happened before with Sterns. I mean for example really dislike the TWD Pro and LE backglass art but Don’t mind the Premium by comparison -it’s not a stand out but tidier than the other two. That’s off the top of my head there’s prob more examples if I have a think.

I think Stern make some weird art choices , sometimes when it comes to the licences they have a lot of great art out there , yet they come up with the their own average stuff .
I wasn't a fan of the Stranger Things back glass but if they had used what was available , it could have been great .

IMG_20210511_212716 (resized).jpgIMG_20210511_212716 (resized).jpg
#18005 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Star Wars (comic art).

Stern seem to love their comic art lately .
If for some reason they couldn't use the great Mandalorian artwork already out there , imagine what Franchi could have done .

#18013 2 years ago

The Mando trailer .

#18017 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So those 6 drop targets we heard about for week are...6 standup targets representing the top of Mando's head? WTF lol.

The game looks good but 13 k USD for the LE some people are paying , I think not .
But with the prices of pins these days what do I know .

#18317 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m just gonna say it again...TSPP spike 2 vault The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror w/ assets from every Simpsons Halloween episode. Would be a BLAST!
[quoted image]

Yep , put me down for one

IMG20210516213220 (resized).jpgIMG20210516213220 (resized).jpgIMG20210516213236 (resized).jpgIMG20210516213236 (resized).jpg
#18318 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

There are a lot of us Aussie who can't stand the taste of Vegemite, Kangaroo on the other hand, yum.

A Majority of Aussies love Vegemite and think eating our native animals is wrong , but a slow cooked BBQ Koala is so yum

3 weeks later
#18712 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Journey were MASSIVE and continue to this day to pull massive audiences, albeit with the current lineup... which is a testament to just how great those songs are/were. I would buy a Journey pinball in a heartbeat. I think a Motley pin would make money too as would a Bon Jovi.... but I think a Van Halen pinball is the one that has been missed and would do really well in both the home market and on site to put into suburban bars etc. Broad market, fantastic upbeat songs, super marketable imagery, tons of incredible video footage to use and they could get DLR to do the callouts.... like seriously, just build it and take my money. Honk if you agree.

You must be the one Aussie who knows about Journey . I just looked up their greatest hits and the only song the wife and I recognise is their second song . They might be big in the US but nothing compared to any of the other bands worldwide .

Ha , this is how we know the song , the ad just came up after I posted this .

#18713 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh...ELO is NOT in the same category as REO and Styx. Jeff Lynne is a genius who has not only written countless hits, but helped resurrect the careers of his fellow Travelling Wilburys members. There's a reason he still sells out arenas and stadiums, both in America and Europe. There's a reason John Lennon called ELO "son of Beatles."

ELO rock , I have their best of hits , in my car CD stacker for over five-years ( time for a change ) .
But I wouldn't want an ELO pin but give me a RUN DMC or Beastie Boys pin any day , they have the multimedia to go with it , to make it great .

#18715 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

While I am unsure about feasibility for pin sales, if Australians really don’t know of a band that sold 80 million records globally it would seem to say more about about you then it does about Journey… right?

Hello McFly , the US has large population and can sell millions of records and have no influence on the rest of the world .
For example Garth Brooks is one of the highest selling artists of all time , yet no one in Australia would be able to name one of his songs , just saying .

IMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_230314 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_230314 (resized).jpg
#18719 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You’re right. It would appear that the US does make up about 3/4 of their sales.
https://chartmasters.org/2019/09/journey-albums-and-songs-sales/

I've had a few beers , and don't want to be rude , just saying that there are a few American bands which aren't widely known worldwide .

Quoted from Lounge:

Going to bet that 3/4 of Stern’s sales are US as well.

I'm not sure of the numbers but I have heard 50% of the LE's go overseas .

#18722 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I didn’t personally find it rude at all. I hope my posts didn’t come off that way either.

All good mate , I love the debate , this is what's it's all about .

#18724 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It's 10AM here right now in EST USA...

It's just gone 12 o'clock at night and the wife is yelling at me to go to bed .
I don't need the headache of her going off at me ,
so I'll speak to you guys later on

4 weeks later
#18973 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Praying for ToHo

Stuff that .
Give Me , One Crazy Summer Godzilla

#19117 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

I know it would never happen, but I would love to see a predator release. So many good lines & characters.
[quoted image]

I would love to see someone do a Schwarzenegger line .
Predator
Commando
Terminator
Conan the Barbarian
Raw deal
Running Man
Total Recall
Red heat

#19122 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

screminr also missed my favorite Schwarzenegger film: True Lies. I re-watched it on cable last night for the first time in years. Great action scenes from start to finish, some good comedy moments, a hot Jamie Lee Curtis, and a hot villainess in Tia Carrere.

Good call , forgot about True Lies . Kindergarten Cop , twins and junior were deliberately left of the list

#19146 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:If we get a Conan the Barbarian pin, I want it from the comics. Hand drawn art work and not clip art from the movies.

Personally , Conan is one of my favourite movies and I would love to see Arnie in his Prime , kicking ass and chopping heads off giant snakes .
One big complaint with AIQ is the lack of atmosphere due to the comic book format .

IMG_20210711_214510 (resized).jpgIMG_20210711_214510 (resized).jpg
#19149 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well cannot see many sales here in Australia, Most wouldn't even know what rush is other than the James Hunt 2013 racing movie!
Bring on Jaws
Now that would be an instant sellout![quoted image]

Is Rush , Australia's version of Zoot

#19166 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter: Needs a great sound package though.
Any ideas what music would be used?

#19196 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I would love to see a RUSH pin!!

Here you go , watch this .

#19269 2 years ago

I've just been watching a music show hosted by The Beastie Boys .
It would be perfect for Stern .
You forget how many great songs they got and how many cool videos they have to go with them .
Just need a big subwoofer

#19276 2 years ago

I've been plugging Beasties here too for a while. Would be a nice change from all of the straight rock band pins. Mind you so would a Funk themed pin as I've also mentioned.

Yep , if you do a rap pin it would have to be Beastie Boys , RUN DMC or Eminem , they all have great film clips to go with their music .

#19283 2 years ago

Yeah I think old school rap is the go, RUN DMC would be great, imagine a 'Walk This Way' mode to appease all the pinball 'Rockheads', would be epic. Eminem would have plenty of crossover to appease I'm sure too, not really my thing personally though. NWA would be cool to, imagine F the Police, 100 miles and running, Straight Outta Compton, etc.

A NWA pin would be great .
Beastie Boys , RUN DMC , Eminem definitely deserve to have their own pins .
You could always do " Rap " pin grabbing a few songs off a number of groups , like Public Enemy , Ice T , LL Cool J .
Or you could do something like a Def Jam records pin .

#19285 2 years ago

I think a label based scenario would make sense like Def Jam. Otherwise it would probably be licensing nightmare.. Funny I was also going to say P.E. and LL Cool J crossed my mind too. Eric B and Rakim may as well be on the list too

Can't beat the old school rap , not like the crap rap you get today

#19290 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

As opposed to the crap country, crap rock, crap… all music today?

Lol , yeah , the old rock , the old country , the old blues , the old rap , it's all better than the new stuff today , but every now and then some good songs do pop up

#19390 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Yup another one here also!
Not even interested in seeing who the F*** this Rush is.
Should have been Queen!

Yep couldn't care less who Rush is .
Maybe they could reskin it , as sky hooks , for the Aussie market.

#19391 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Would they have interest in Welk ?

What's Welk ?

#19393 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Well you asked for it...

Lol , it would sell more than a Rush pin over here .

#19396 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

G-D!!! Can’t wait! That right there is the shit.

If it had Johnny Cash , it would definitely sell more than Rush

#19402 2 years ago

I would love to see a Nobody pin .
In the style of John Wick , it would be a fun game with cool action scenes .
And he hides his stash in a pin .

IMG20210726000944 (resized).jpgIMG20210726000944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210726_000423 (resized).jpgIMG_20210726_000423 (resized).jpg
#19459 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How about Picnic at Hanging Rock?
I love that movie. Gallipoli too. Peter Weir is awesome.

Of all the Aussie movies , you pick those two
I'll give you 3 Melbourne movies to check out .

IMG_20210727_225809 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_225809 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_225836 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_225836 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_225857 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_225857 (resized).jpg
#19504 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Australia always try’s to take credit for our better things we have given the world. Pavlova desert!

The one thing you guys are better than us at , is rugby , and considering only two States are into rugby , 80% of the country doesn't give a shit

#19505 2 years ago

Scarface is on TV now , anyone make one of these pins , take my money .

IMG20210729214835 (resized).jpgIMG20210729214835 (resized).jpgIMG20210729215847 (resized).jpgIMG20210729215847 (resized).jpgIMG20210729232237 (resized).jpgIMG20210729232237 (resized).jpg
#19535 2 years ago

Yeah Olivia was great but you can't beat Kylie

#19539 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…… Scream, Kylie Minogue…. SHE’S A GODDESS!
She can do a-ny-thing that she wants to my Pinballs and to my Pinballs a-ny-thing (☝️ no exceptions). Since "I Should Be So Lucky" in the 80’s I’ve been in love of that woman for god sakes my mate Scream, she’s 53 yy and I’m 47 yy but she’s perfect for me
Cheers brother Scream

I know we think alike Rolls
My brother was in her sister's class at high school - Danni .
They lived around the corner from us and she was super cute back then , I'm 48 and she only gets hotter with age .
Like you say , she can do anything with my pinballs anytime no exceptions

IMG_20210731_015840 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_015840 (resized).jpg
#19564 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Glad to see the Boomers getting super horny in here again, and this time...it’s an INTERNATIONAL affair! They really ought to change this sites name to Bonerside.cum lmao

#19565 2 years ago

Just watched Zack snyder's Justice League , it was so much better than the original movie , it would be so great for a pin .

IMG_20210802_002628 (resized).jpgIMG_20210802_002628 (resized).jpg
#19567 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Enough superhero pins!!
Make it stop.

I hear you , but this one has a lot of depth .

1 week later
#19692 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Led Zeppelin missing the most iconic song from the band for the pin.

Led Zeppelin isn't a Kapow title , did Joe get the licence for them ?

#19827 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Steve Ritchie confirms Back To The Future involvement prior to leaving Stern,
[quoted image]

Where did he say that .

#19829 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And distributors will be charging more than cost on LEs from Mandolarian forward. Glad you can afford to have $8000 in distributors hands for games you hope come out. I am jealous but also confused. To each their own.

Zack at flip n out charges retail and you can also put your name down for a future pin without any cost , he said he's got people down on a Golden Girls list .

#19880 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Aerosmith is a fun shooter and the layout could be used for the Rush reskin.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I disagree. Burn that game.

I liked Aerosmith premium , except for the pop bumpers on the left orbit .

#19987 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

On second thought…. 007 could be done in a way where each actor has a mode corresponding to their greatest villain e.g. Connery-Dr. No, money penny/Q/M could be multipliers, bumpers could be Bond girls, Astin martin toy, multiball=Thunderball. Return lanes=gadgets.

There's no way Stern will pay for all those likenesses .
They'll probably just end up going down the comic book route again

IMG_20210820_234939 (resized).jpgIMG_20210820_234939 (resized).jpg
#19989 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am pretty sure the studio owns the likeness. So if Amazon bought the rights, I would think the buck stops with Amazon as far as likeness.

In all seriousness , they will probably just go with Daniel Craig which sucks , because they made their movies serious , to try to compete with the Jason Bourne movies .
No more Pussy Galore

#19996 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

The fact they pulled that deal off at all shows it's possible, but the amount of money in the slot industry is truly staggering. In just the month Mohegan Sun posted that ad their slot machines took in 47.6 million (edit: 42.5 mil, 47.6 was the previous October) more than they paid out, let alone all the other games they run.
Excluding peak covid, that's a pretty standard month for them over the last 10 years, and that's just one casino. I'm sure if someone called up Stern and asked for a quote on a custom run 5000 LE's, they could have pretty much any theme they wanted.
Warning PDF: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DCP/GAMING/pdfs/Mosltweb-pdf.pdf

Money Talks , I'm surprised pinball gets the themes they do with how limited the market is .
Pinball is actually cheap compared to the collector watch market , I'm currently watching on YouTube .
Check out ProducerMichael on YouTube .
Considering how much is put into a pinball machine , I think we are doing very well .

#20010 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

At this point, I feel like a music festival type

What about Woodstock the pin .
Grab a couple songs off a few of the artists .
You could have a bad acid mode , opposite flippers and the screen goes all rainbows

#20086 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Many years ago they wouldn't do it, but give you something "close". I rember the crazy Beatle years that gave us the pin "The Beat". Any one play "South Carolina Sam"? That's only because Indiana Jones didn't come out in 1964. Y'all can complain all you want but in many ways these are the good old days of pinball. I've got my fingers crossed for a Godzipper or Black Sabbatical.

IMG_20210824_211845 (resized).jpgIMG_20210824_211845 (resized).jpg
#20104 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It’s horrible in my opinion because of the angles of the camera shots and quick cuts they do throughout the movie. As far as George, he breaks the fourth wall in the first scene and it throws me off the rest of the movie. LOL

The studio thought he was good , they offered him a 6 movie deal and a 1 million dollar sign on bonus , he said no and walked away

#20306 2 years ago

Everyone cracked the shits when jjp increased their price by a $1000 bucks but at least they honoured the price for the people who had already ordered .
Sterns new connected system looks alright but nothing Blow Away like they were saying .
George doesn't say you will have to pay for it , but more importantly he doesn't say it's free .

#20312 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I see nothing in this video that makes me think I need or want this.

You only get a verified score if it's on location , tell me if you know the operator , you can't take the glass off and muck around with it . They've copied , pin venture , or whatever it's called , where you download the app and if you do certain things you can get some merchandise .
It could be a pain in the ass to login each time you play .

#20315 2 years ago

Also , there was no mention of you being able to update code .

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

My wild guess is the upgrade will be $299

Any annual fees? Do you think .

#20326 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'd hope the hardware cost covers at least a year or two.

Hopefully for everyone , it's free forever , to equal JJP .

#20392 2 years ago

What about the ultimate superhero battle .
Anyone know where the full version of this is .
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJc42yMW/

#20394 2 years ago

Excellent , thanks mate .

#20551 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully Stern let Elwin go nuts on this pin...

I bet 20 bucks , after we see Godzilla , everyone will think it's the best ever , and 3 weeks later everybody will be asking for the next thing .
Just like every other pin .

#20553 2 years ago

Same day after Godzilla is revealed, we will see many ask what's next. Just like every other pin.

Of course everyone sees the pin and asks what's next , but all good pins have their honeymoon period .

#20555 2 years ago

I just saw the Suicide Squad .
It would be perfect for Stern , great story , cool characters , including of course Harley Quinn .

IMG_20210905_021938 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_021938 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_023519 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_023519 (resized).jpg
#20558 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

not that I really want one more superhero pin, but would definitely be less disappointed if it was one with a bit of grit.

It really doesn't feel like a superhero theme to me , maybe some people with abilities , but it's very raw and it's more about the story than people with powers .

IMG_20210905_041632 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_041632 (resized).jpg
#20559 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If we’re going to have another superhero pin make it this or nothing.

Batman can suck cock

#20561 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I guess when I use the term ‘superhero’, I necessarily lump in all comic book type characters with powers, whether they are Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, or anything in-between. (Injected some DnD terms for nerd cred there)

I get what you're saying , the thing which is refreshing about the Suicide Squad , is the characters don't really have superpowers . They're just good at what they do . And don't rely on money , for what they do .

#20563 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Tell me how you really feel. Don’t hold back.

It's almost 5 in the morning and I do like batman . But when arrogant people will say this is the only superhero you can have , I will give my point of view

#20608 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

. A license that leaves Europeans and Australians (in particular) scratching their heads is a non-starter. Hell, Munsters was a questionable choice in that department.

If you're going to bring up a Australia , I'll say that Back to the Future would sell at least 50 times as many as Godzilla

#20609 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That’s fundamentally untrue. Why do you think AC/DC was chosen before all the other bands that Stern produced? The first run of pros go onto shipping containers to Europe and Australia. The worldwide market is 100% relevant. A license that leaves Europeans and Australians (in particular) scratching their heads is a non-starter. Hell, Munsters was a questionable choice in that department.

And no one over here is scratching their heads about Back to the Future

#20622 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What licenses? What’s after Toy Story?

The Godfather

#20670 2 years ago

Really? Are we that obsessed with it here mate? I know I'm definitely not at all. It's just an 80's movie to me and definitely not one of my favs next to a slew of others.

By far the most requested themes on pinside are Back to the Future and Harry Potter and then you follow up with themes like big trouble in little China , The Matrix , Jaws and Goonies .

#20672 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

I get what you're saying, and not everyone is going to like every pin... but I still can't think of a mainstream music pin where a bunch of the markets would have no interest at all. I have no interest in GnR but of course the units for Australia sold straight away.... either way, I guess we will find out!

Besides Western Europe , Australia is one of the biggest countries that buy pins .
Listen at the 35-minute mark

#20690 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Oww did I hear Jaws?
[quoted image]

Why is the shark wearing lipstick

#20732 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I think Jumanji should be on this list. It's been called out a few times and the game character attributes from the franchise would make for some awesome modes. Personally, I don't see big trouble in little china ever getting a pin unless a remake comes along...then it would be based on that one and not the one from 1986. Based on box office sales, big trouble doesn't seem like it was all that popular. According to IMDb, there were many, many other movies released that same year that did so much better (Ferris Bueller being one of those).

I've said it before on this thread Jumanji would make a great pin and I'm talking about the new ones .
Big trouble in little China would definitely be a great pin , it would be near the top of my list .
It has cool characters and storyline , great action , magic , monsters , sexy chicks and humour .
It ticks all the boxes .

IMG_20210907_201142 (resized).jpgIMG_20210907_201142 (resized).jpg
#20733 2 years ago

By here I meant Australia in accordance with you post, not Pinside as that's stating the obvious re it's popularity here.

I know what you meant but pinside is a good indicator of what people like , including here in Australia . I'm not saying Godzilla wouldn't sell well , I would like to see the Godzilla pin but you have so many versions it divides people . I really liked Godzilla vs King Kong but some people with no taste think it's crap
Back to the Future is one of the most popular movie trilogies of all time .
It's a family friendly and when I mentioned to my wife it could be coming out she said we have to get one , and she's not even into pinball , she just puts up with my crap .

#20812 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Stallone’s "Rocky" Pinball for me
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0e75fc785190bb5ec11856d18a6bcd791d8e2de9-1631054460-1800"};
//]]>

Give me the Clubber Lang " I'm the baddest man in the world " LE

IMG_20210908_083153 (resized).jpgIMG_20210908_083153 (resized).jpg
#20814 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Clubber, What's your prediction for Stern's price increase?
Pain!!!!

I pity the fools

#20819 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

ask and you shall receive. Amazon.[quoted image]

That's not a t-shirt - missed it by That Much

#20822 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Yes, you are correct. My error. I researched the link again and it does offer multiple styles and colors.
r/
Mike[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to be that person , I couldn't help myself

#20929 2 years ago

#21197 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I watched Godzilla vs Gigan last week.

At first I thought you said Godzilla vs Gilligan .
I'd like to see that

IMG_20210912_193738 (resized).jpgIMG_20210912_193738 (resized).jpg
#21201 2 years ago

Stuff all these expensive titles , give me something with a bit of grit

IMG_20210912_223922 (resized).jpgIMG_20210912_223922 (resized).jpg

#21204 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

……I love that movie Scream, the restaurant scene is in “Old Homestead Steakhouse" in NYC (best Kobe burger ever, went there with my Mother back in 2004 ) that restaurant could be an upper playfield lol
Btw, In the blu-ray version there’s a blurred picture hanging in a wall of that whorehouse and I have no idea what can be in that picture mate … I’ll guess that can be a Mod for the ones who saw this on VHS lol

I watched it last night on Amazon . I liked it , I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before .
The meat mincer could be the ball lock .
The blurred picture is a bunch of dudes with their wangs out

#21238 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

This is fun. How about the awesome movie that would make a great pin.
The Last Star Fighter.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That would make a fun pin with good objectives but if the licence is too much they could go for Battle Beyond the Stars , it has a lizard man as well

IMG_20210913_192613 (resized).jpgIMG_20210913_192613 (resized).jpg
#21241 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Was BBTS big downunder?

Mate , I had never heard of bbts before Saturday night , I love those types of movies and don't know how I had never heard or seen it before . I've recently found a few '80s movies , on Amazon prime that must not have ever been shown over here . 1 movie which is total crap and not worth watching is Tentacles .

#21244 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This isn’t a think anymore since the meeting and reveal are almost at the same time now.

It's 9 a.m. in New York , what time do you think we will see anything .
What usually happens is , it's past 11 here and I get up at 5: 20 then I get to work and see there are like 1000 + posts

#21248 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well it’s usually on Tuesdays I think, but if it doesn’t get pushed back, I say before lunch today or tomorrow.

Dammit another day to wait .

#21307 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Word is that the assets on the screen will be very much like JP, in that they didn't pay a bunch of licensing for clips and video. It'll be animated in house. And that decision was made to put max BOM on the playfield. Rumor of lots of metal, ala AIQ, and a killer mech.

If that's true , it's a total miss in my book .
Why the hell would you get the Toho Godzilla licence if you can't see the campy old footage of him stomping around smashing up buildings .
They could do Star Wars with a hyperloop , exploding Death Star with lasers , LCD screen , drop targets , Millennium Falcon and a Tie Fighter on a spring

#21309 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm hopeful that they've put some good imagination into it. I could envision something similar to Attack From Mars. Godzilla could attack major cities throughout the World, or better yet, fight various other monsters to save those cities. Someone mentioned Shin Godzilla in this thread, that's an interesting movie. They could do something like that as well.

The old Godzilla movies aren't in the same category as the Jurassic Park movies and they're meant to have extra money for the BOM . So why can't you have cool mechs like Jurassic Park and the videos .

#21325 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Showa, Heisei, Reiwa. What is the one I am missing?

Ming

IMG_20210914_082705 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_082705 (resized).jpg
#21372 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Who wouldn’t want to play pinball and look at a spaceship with tits… [quoted image]

I knew that spaceship reminded me of something and it wasn't tits

IMG_20210914_202104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_202104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_202210 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_202210 (resized).jpg
#21390 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If they come out with 800 GZLE of them or 1000 GZLE that number isn’t huge unlike JJP LE GNR of a laughable 5000 “Limited Editions”. I’m not a huge Godzilla fan per say awaiting its release to see what the game looks and plays like. Unfortunately these will be sold out on day one creating price increase on the secondary market. And I hate to admit it but If a theme I’m really into comes out and I can’t get it direct from a vendor at a reasonable price I’m willing to pay the “flip” price reluctantly so but willing to pay the extra to get a theme or a game I must own.

Compare Apples to Apples , GNR ce have 500 units and if you say Godzilla le have 800 - 1000 units , there you go .
GNR le comes with invisi glass , shaker motor and a real knocker and is limited , what does the Stern premium come with .

#21610 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

AIQ TMNT and now Godzilla all look pretty similar graphically.

You can definitely have too much of a good thing .

#21636 2 years ago

Someone forgot to tell ZY you don't have to make this a comic pin

IMG_20210915_205936 (resized).jpgIMG_20210915_205936 (resized).jpg
#21694 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Comic art is his style though, he says as much on the latest Stern Insider podcast... can't ask an artist to be something they are not, and get something inspired/good.

ZY is an excellent artist but his last few games have a very similar feel about them .

Quoted from radium:

I don't know man... to me it looks like great art and it looks like pinball. I'm thankful high-caliber guys like ZY are on the job and we aren't getting playfields full of pixelated copy/pasted bitmaps in photoshop anymore.
How quickly we forget...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I know this is Pinside and you crybabies are required by law to bitch about every damn thing, but holy shit am I happy we are at a point in pinball where we can look at the three playfields above from not so long ago, and then throw a hissy fit about this...
[quoted image]

I think the overall up package does look good . I'm not having a hissy fit , I just don't like how Godzilla looks and I would have liked to have seen something that looked a bit more " realistic "
Just my opinion , no need to get upset about it .

IMG_20210916_231809 (resized).jpgIMG_20210916_231809 (resized).jpgIMG_20210916_231901 (resized).jpgIMG_20210916_231901 (resized).jpgIMG_20210916_231927 (resized).jpgIMG_20210916_231927 (resized).jpg
#21846 2 years ago

The kids will love it

Quoted from mrclean:

I'm So Fly I NEVER LAND! The real "Never Never Land"... I keep saying it make a Disney World / Disney Land UNDER GLASS !!
From a year ago in this thread but modified...
I've always thought they should do "Walt Disney World" under glass. It can incorporate all of their major 4 Disney World theme parks, the rides can be both incorporated onto the playfield along with the LCD of a POV while being on that particular ride. They have iconic characters, rides, themes, songs etc.
-Represent the 6 major parks:
Disneyland Park
California Adventure
Epcot
Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
-Characters galore Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip N Dale, Figment
-Carousel of progress the backboard or backbox can change rotate scenes from different time periods
-Spinning "tea cups" that interact with the ball
-Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Pop Bumper Area
-Cinderella's Castle multiball / bridge.
-Spiel call outs from the attractions / narrations .... "Mr Morrow, Paging Mr. Tom Morrow...."
-Midway Toy Story game can be played on LCD with button on lockdown bar
-Jungle Cruise audible call outs / jokes,
-People Mover goes through some of the rides that the ball can travel on (*spiel random lines when riding it play)
-Expedition Everest Yeti interact with the ball.
-Astro Orbitor - Just a simple mechanical moving toy that starts moving when you complete Tomorrowland mode
-Space Mountain mode playfield has a star effect / LEDs
-Dumbo can magically lift the ball / flly to a different area of the playfield.
-Inverted loop (metal loop ramp) for the Aerosmith Rock N' Rollercoaster
-Travel obtain countries / inserts from The world showcase at EPCOT,
-Buzz Lightyear Video mode on LCD screen using flipper buttons and lockdown button to aim / fire (or plunger could be optical)
-Monorail around and through the backglass 7 seas lagoon can carry the ball.
-Parades / Fireworks / Lighting LCD / LED's
-Soarin' Around The World / Avatar Video mode / control glider / banshi with flippers
-Tower of Terror Twilight Zone flippers flip reversed OR ball can "drop" down from the backbox elevator shaft once multiball is activated.
-The haunted mansion can easily create peppers ghost effect on the playfield / LED creepy lighting.
-Unlock RETRO retired rides like Mr. Toad & 20,000 Leagues under the sea LCD POV Ride footage
[quoted image]

IMG_20210920_081508 (resized).jpgIMG_20210920_081508 (resized).jpg
#21848 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They really do need to make a new South Park pin that's actually good. There's SO MUCH CONTENT to draw on now. Would be easy for AP or Spooky because all those video assets are already made and ready to go.

Yep , same with Simpsons and Family Guy and also do a Futurama .

#21852 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

A guy with a sketchy past playing a game with ' Invaders' as part of the name title...
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"88902f66e34221e8bd30cf58e22ce7218132bed0-1632141828-1800"};
//]]>

" Invaders " You crack me up Chad

#21924 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Die Hard
[quoted image]

Could be too expensive , but if you want to see fire
The callouts could be great , your time starts now ! , it will kill , it will cut

IMG_20210920_212944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210920_212944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_000722 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_000722 (resized).jpg
#21947 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Going to start watching this this weekend.. Any good?

If you like seeing people make crappy knives it's the best
It's interesting to see how stuff is made .

#21948 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…I wish you would like "RUSH" Chaka so I can see you around in that thread lol

That's going to be a quiet thread Rolls , lucky you got GNR to go to

#21989 2 years ago
IMG_20210927_090110 (resized).jpgIMG_20210927_090110 (resized).jpg
#22025 2 years ago
IMG_20210929_000735 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_000735 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_000839 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_000839 (resized).jpg
#22052 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The fact that it took me a bit to figure out what MMPR was or that there was only one or two good seasons and the rest are Australia's hot garbage make me think you are in a minority.
Also...
[quoted image]

I had to Google what it was .
Don't know why you think it's got anything to do with us .
I laughed when I read , it said it was banned in Canada

#22055 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You guys have it ALL wrong.....I have inside word that the next Theme is...

My money is on Batman LEGO Movie

IMG_20210930_220154 (resized).jpgIMG_20210930_220154 (resized).jpg
#22056 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It was not banned in Canada

Tell that to Google

IMG_20210930_220749 (resized).jpgIMG_20210930_220749 (resized).jpg
#22069 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This Goliath site sounds like the same kind of site that says they just drained Niagara Falls last month and found some ancient ruins

Or the world newspaper
How come no Men in Black pin

IMG_20211005_002745 (resized).jpgIMG_20211005_002745 (resized).jpgIMG_20211005_002942 (resized).jpgIMG_20211005_002942 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#22174 2 years ago

Where does Oct 12th come into play?

It's my birthday

#22226 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

1st thing that I thought was that the Kid with Mel Gibson looked like Chaka in real life

They are pretty close , what do you mean in real life ?

Chaka , I saw the first episode of the documentary about you the other week , how's your leg going

IMG_20211014_230208 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_230208 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_230450 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_230450 (resized).jpg
#22231 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha … they shaved the Chaka’s fur

After months of lockdown , I wish I could get my fur shaved

#22249 2 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

this should be the next Pinball[quoted image]

If you want Lorenzo , I"d go with Snake Eater

IMG_20211018_191534 (resized).jpgIMG_20211018_191534 (resized).jpg
#22289 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Nope. Just listened to it then and never heard it before. I am a massive hard rock fan and professional muso all my life. The reality is some bands just didnt translate to foreign territories. Dont forget 'back in the day' we were only exposed to what our local radio stations and tv broadcast, and for us - in Australia at least - Rush was never played. All that aside, if the theme would make a lot of people here happy, then I am all for it!

You said everything I was going to .
I Googled and listened to that song and I have never heard it before .
Rush never made the airwaves over here .
But I'm glad Rolls Royce and everyone else who loves Rush , will get their pin made .
Hopefully it lives up to everyone's expectations .

#22388 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

letting us know that a BTTF is coming soon

Man , I hope BTTF has more in it than a Godzilla pro , it's one of the most barren underneath Playfields I've ever seen .

IMG_20211024_003950 (resized).jpgIMG_20211024_003950 (resized).jpg
#22390 2 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I noticed this as well. It has taken me almost 20 years to warm up to Stern and I have 5 now. This Godzilla is also a fun game to play, looking forward to getting one next year sometime.

Godzilla does look great , it's the only one besides Elvira which has really interested me , it's just amazing how empty the pro looks .

#22392 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Good thing you play the other side of the playfield then!

Touche

#22394 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There is way more in Beatles than Godzilla Pro.

And also black knight sword of Rage

#22406 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not going to judge this game based off of that fact alone (though I agree) since Iron Maiden is probably my favorite Stern game and that pro model also has very little going on under the hood.

I was making an observation , not a judgement .
The pro is definitely going to be the most reliable and play the fastest , could be the most fun of the two

#22425 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hmm, looks like it no? And is that an LTG pickle with teeth?
[quoted image]

Chaka's eye sight 2020

#22565 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Top 20 worst bands of all time. #9 - RUSH

You expect us to take seriously a list of the 20 worst bands of all time , which has Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sex Pistols on it but doesn't have Nickelback .
There goes your credibility

#22567 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The list was centered around twenty bands that suck that people actually love.

Not according to the people who put the list together

IMG_20211031_010715 (resized).jpgIMG_20211031_010715 (resized).jpg
#22585 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:The shit monster would be an outstanding bash toy.

Isn't the shit monster from Dogma or Weird Science?
Either way Prince 66 has found some crack inbetween the couch cushions

IMG_20211031_024327 (resized).jpgIMG_20211031_024327 (resized).jpgIMG_20211031_024347 (resized).jpgIMG_20211031_024347 (resized).jpg
#22591 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Are you the guy from Australia who makes YouTube videos on why not to buy a new stern because of the spike system??

I am correct , you are on drugs

#22593 2 years ago

Be nice

#22701 2 years ago

The Monkees are so quiche

I've never thought of the Monkees as being quiche but each to their own

IMG_20211105_003030 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_003030 (resized).jpg
#22703 2 years ago

Just stirring , at least you didn't say nitch

1 week later
#22973 2 years ago

What if ... ? Stern made a Coca-Cola pinball .
You could have all the old ads and they usually had some really good music to go with them .
There are so many Coca-Cola collectors I'm sure it would sell well .
IMG_20211115_222806 (resized).jpgIMG_20211115_222806 (resized).jpg

#22988 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Isn’t there enough corporate garbage in the world? Pretty sure we don’t need a f’n SODA themed pin.

Is about keeping the line moving
A limited run Ferrari pinball machine would sell out straight away .

IMG_20211116_085247 (resized).jpgIMG_20211116_085247 (resized).jpg
#23002 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The line moves fine without junk themes. How about a Charmin toilet paper pin? Or a Viagra or Cialis pin? Or… Skippy Peanut Butter? Land o lakes butter pinball anyone? How about a Toyota pin? No? Didn’t think so.

Your suggestions are toilet paper and butter , that's genius
You'll put Rodger Sharpe out of business

#23004 2 years ago

Just for crujones4life .

IMG_20211116_210937 (resized).jpgIMG_20211116_210937 (resized).jpg
#23031 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

(Chaka and Screaminr they don’t like RUSH but they should buy it too)

I spent all my money on a rock topper , they work on Stern pins as well
I'm happy you're happy

#23123 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That might just be bad distributors.

How can you blame distributors for Stern not giving them games to give to their customers ?

#23125 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sure they do. All of their music pins make you want to keep hitting the start button. I played GnR many times this weekend. Beautiful game. Total snoozefest. It's the first time I wanted a multiball to end. (Don't believe me? There were two guys in line behind me during a marathon multiball session and I turned to them and said, "Trust me, guys...I want this over as much as you do." Wish I knew who they were on Pinside so I could call witnesses...)

Sorry to disagree but GNR is in the top 10 , Led Zeppelin isn't even in the top 50 .

#23127 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So is Squid Games. Also overrated. (And if you really take your leads from the Pinside Top 10, we've got a few things to talk about...)

Oh , here comes to speech about the ratings don't matter , especially if they don't agree with what you say

#23131 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What is great about Pinside is you can agree to disagree
-GNR is a turd or box of lights with Fat Axl
-Led Zeppelin is a masterpiece and Steve Ritchie's Swan song from Stern-Legendary
People keep saying Stern will not do vaults unless they are Spike? How hard can it be to source old boards and configure the line? Lots of money to be had for vaults. You know what I like about vaults? They help keep prices relative and on earth, when Iron Man vault dropped so did the overpriced Iron Man's. I want a KISS but I really think they are extremely overpriced-need to do a vault asap.

For the record , I really enjoyed the Led Zeppelin pinball machine .
But I enjoyed guns and roses more , and I felt I
got more for my money .
I will stick up for what I like , I don't need to shit on games I'm not into .

1 week later
#23300 2 years ago

It's been tricky reading this page of the thread , trying to avoid the Ghostbusters spoilers .
It's not out here yet

#23301 2 years ago

Watching Blade on TV , it could make a great pin .
How come everything I watch now , I think would it make a great PIN or not

IMG20211129000626 (resized).jpgIMG20211129000626 (resized).jpgIMG20211129000629 (resized).jpgIMG20211129000629 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#23686 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I've never owned a music pin. I feel like they are a little one dimensional. There's a bunch of great pins, but same songs over and over.

I would like to see a music pin with music from a lot of different bands .
You could pick whatever music genre you want or whatever concert event .
One I think that would work would be a
Woodstock pin .
I can't see it costing a fortune to get 20 songs , compared to Disney / Marvel titles .

IMG_20211213_225538 (resized).jpgIMG_20211213_225538 (resized).jpgIMG_20211213_230749 (resized).jpgIMG_20211213_230749 (resized).jpg
#23687 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Probably my most wanted theme at the moment

Imagine if JJP POTC with no assets , was Goonies with full assets .
They'd still be making them .

#23727 2 years ago

People just want games that makes them laugh .
They had American Pie on TV .
Look at the top 10 .
A lot of the new pins have no sense of humour .

IMG_20211214_234529 (resized).jpgIMG_20211214_234529 (resized).jpg
#23820 2 years ago

For someone who hasn't heard a rush song , what's their best / most popular song .

#23822 2 years ago

WooHoo
Big Trouble in Little China is on , it's been said like 7000 times before but I'll say it again , someone make this pin .

IMG20211216195747 (resized).jpgIMG20211216195747 (resized).jpg
#23825 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone's top 10 list that covers the ones you want to know about...
(although it's weird that Tom Sawyer is only an honorable mention on that list)

Sweet , I'll have to wait for an ad break to check it out

#23827 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(although it's weird that Tom Sawyer is only an honorable mention on that list)

Tom Sawyer was the number one , it was at the end of the honorable mentions .
I can see why they weren't big in Australia , we have short attention spans and like quick simple songs like ACDC .
But I'm happy for all the guys who love Rush and will get their pin .

#23981 2 years ago

Would love to see if Stern or whoever makes BTTF pin they had this doco as an Easter egg with a flipper code .

#23982 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Godfather 1&2, Shawshank Redemption, Apocalypse Now are masterpieces but they’d no doubt make lousy pins.

I'm sure you could make a great pin out of those themes .
Maybe Stern isn't the company to do it , having said that , they did a great job with Lord of the Rings .

#23988 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

You don't want to go against the family.

#23991 2 years ago

I saw the latest Spider-Man the other night .
The previews looked crap , but the movie was really good , 100 times better than the previous one .
It could make a great pin , but if Stern is too cheap to get the assets , the Spider-Man I would like to see , would be the original cartoon version .

#24159 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Rumour. Kaneda podcast.

He's shut up shop , anyone know why

#24165 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Because he's a drama queen? And he will of course be back.

You must have missed episode 634

#24168 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

All his podcasts were taken down. What did he say?

He said I'm an evil prick and everything is my fault
Typical kaneda

#24377 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has Blues Brothers ever been rumored ? If not ,Why?

Lol , it's on TV as I read that . My dream theme .
Happy New Years everyone

IMG20211231224457 (resized).jpgIMG20211231224457 (resized).jpg
#24380 2 years ago
Quoted from tallkid84:

I could see this coming together pretty easily. Cop car bash toy linked with a hurry up where it falls apart as you hit it kinda like MM. Drop target bank in front of a stage cage with the BB singing behind it. Different modes for getting the band back together. Battle the country western band and neo-nazis. Earn 5 billion points to get to save the orphanage wizard mode. And of course a blast of a soundtrack. I can only imagine the awesome attract mode to the Peter Gunn theme. Ok, I'm sold on it lol.

Yep , it's one of those themes where you don't have to force it , perfect for pinball .

#24476 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

She told me it better be Moore ..... lol
I'm happy with either Moore or Connery or both.

RM is my favourite Bond .
His movies have the best humour .
Hard to beat The Man with the Golden Gun , hot chicks , great stunts and JW Pepper .

IMG_20211231_234828 (resized).jpgIMG_20211231_234828 (resized).jpgIMG_20211231_234800 (resized).jpgIMG_20211231_234800 (resized).jpgIMG_20220104_003021 (resized).jpgIMG_20220104_003021 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#24666 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Kaneda podcast said actual mechs were doing the rounds for Bond. So there's talk of physical evidence for Bond vs BTTF....a recent episode of The Pinball Show's rumours segment mentioned Back to the Future no longer being tipped for release.
At the end of the day, it's all speculation until a game actually gets released, but from various forum posts and podcasts, Back to the Future seems to be put on the backburner until something is said otherwise.

You pay to listen to that crap

IMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpgIMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpg
#24675 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

What is/ was motorhead?

IMG_20220112_000440 (resized).jpgIMG_20220112_000440 (resized).jpg
#24678 2 years ago

For anyone who likes Motorhead but thinks , I wish it was a bit more rockabilly , check out
The Head Cat

#24750 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Funny I was on here ten years ago saying this. Enjoy the next ten friend, they go by quick now.

Your profile says you're been on here for 8 years , don't rush those extra 2 years , like you say , they go fast enough as it is

#24751 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Just like we don’t get to decide if we are cool or not - our kids do! Just like when we were kids - anyone over 40 is out-of-touch (according to them). Our time in the sun is ending.

#24754 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Settle down math wiz. My first account got banned for posting tiddies.

I'm scared to ask what tiddies is

#24758 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's phonetic..
Swap DD for TT and see if you figure it out.

That's alot better .

#24761 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Don’t like DD’s?

I certainly do .
Do people think the rumoured Venom pin will have movie assets or comic art .

#24768 2 years ago

So is Venom going to have media assets or comic book

#24771 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm hoping for comic book. lots more to pick & choose from and I really like the comic book spider-man version. they would pair up nicely

I think they've done enough comic versions lately , I think they need to get back to using the movie assets , if they use the comic book will that be more static pictures like Avengers .
Although , I have a feeling you'll be happy .

#24774 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was scrolling Tic Toc fast and this was on there. Anyone else see a playfield at a fast first glance?
It might just be me..
[quoted image]

Hs2 ?

#24776 2 years ago

I need more sleep tonight. Haaa.

It's 1/4 to 4 and I'm off to bed

1 week later
#25124 2 years ago

I don't want the cartoon version of Pokemon , give me the live action one

IMG_20220122_023711 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_023711 (resized).jpg

#25126 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Devastating news of Lyman Sheets passing..My Heart Goes out to The family. He was such a GREAT Talent.
Prayers!

Totally shocking , hard to believe it's true

#25129 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What about this version? Things for both kids and adults to enjoy:

It's 4:15 a.m. and look what's on TV , could it be a sign

IMG20220122041512 (resized).jpgIMG20220122041512 (resized).jpgIMG20220122041721 (resized).jpgIMG20220122041721 (resized).jpg

#25236 2 years ago

In the spirit of Australia Day , Mad Max please .

IMG_20220126_230845 (resized).jpgIMG_20220126_230845 (resized).jpg
#25254 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I would LOVE a WWII themed pin! The possibilities and endless resources for that .....just think! Taking out Subs and the Luftwaffe . The LCD screen videos incorporated into it would be amazing.[quoted image]

I think it would make a great theme . This is the thread I started 3 years ago .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-world-war-ii-make-a-good-theme
I would even break it down to titles like , The Western Front , D-Day , Pearl Harbour , Pacific War , ect .
You could pick which side you wanted to play as , have a four player game and see who conquers the most countries .
But you will have the usual group of people saying , that you're having fun at the expense of people who died and you are insensitive .
It's funny how no one blinks an eye if it's a video game like Medal of Honour or Call of Duty but if it's a pinball machine suddenly you're an evil prick .

#25257 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Is that really how it goes around here? Please tell me no.

Have a look through my old thread , I remember there being some pretty negative comments .
I love your avatar , we used to call my stepfather Klyuts

#25262 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It's probably because there is no rating system for pinball like the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) is for video games. With video games, you can point to the rating and say it is inappropriate for children, so you can do whatever you want.
I think pinball is all assumed to be rated PG.

I get what you're saying , but there are people who just don't approve of violence even if it's historically accurate .
Pinball is getting more edgy , Sopranos , Guns N Roses and Rick and Morty come to mind .

#25263 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The big issue I see is that a theme like WW2 would probably need to take itself pretty seriously and there wouldn't be a lot of room for "fun" callouts or anything. I kind of feel like the gameplay options for such a theme would work quite well but the overall experience would tend to, and almost need to, feel much too somber for a fun game.

Have you seen Kelly's Heroes ?

IMG_20220128_021439 (resized).jpgIMG_20220128_021439 (resized).jpg
#25289 2 years ago

What about Greenland , one of the best disaster movies ever made .

IMG_20220129_053157 (resized).jpgIMG_20220129_053157 (resized).jpg
#25305 2 years ago

Could a tennis pin work .
It's 1 a.m. and I have to get up soon , but I can't stop watching .

IMG_20220131_010746 (resized).jpgIMG_20220131_010746 (resized).jpg
#25307 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Could a tennis pin work .
It's 1 a.m. and I have to get up soon , but I can't stop watching .
[quoted image]

Nadal won , what a champion .
I could see a tennis pin , pick which champion you want to play as .
Choose head to head or championship mode .

IMG20220131011741 (resized).jpgIMG20220131011741 (resized).jpg
#25308 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

You should put a spoiler alert on that post... we won’t see that until later today.

What , don't you get Sport live ?

#25324 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I could see a tennis pin

Who am I kidding , no one wants a tennis pin , but it could work as an old-fashioned head-to-head like joust .
I think that style of game would work well for a lot of themes , and I could just picture it being really fun to actually play against someone at the same time .
I would like to see Stern have a go at it .

Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

not expecting a sporting news update on a ‘Next Stern Pin’ thread. That’s why it’s called a spoiler alert...
Tennis pin interesting idea, me I’d like to see a Beastie Boys pin happen.

This Is Where I Come for all my breaking news including sport
And a Beastie Boys pin would Rock .

IMG_20220131_225316 (resized).jpgIMG_20220131_225316 (resized).jpg
#25362 2 years ago

I've said it before but every time it's on TV I'll say it again .
This is the Matrix pin I want .

IMG20220203220319 (resized).jpgIMG20220203220319 (resized).jpgIMG20220203230232 (resized).jpgIMG20220203230232 (resized).jpg
#25407 2 years ago

I can't believe only a handful of people have asked for a Ramones pin , they're not the biggest band in the world , but they are perfect for pinball .

IMG_20220206_042008 (resized).jpgIMG_20220206_042008 (resized).jpg
#25411 2 years ago

I wouldn't believe everything Kaneda says .

#25475 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]

It would be cool if Goonies had an Easter egg , with an octopus and gorillas multiball .

IMG_20220209_220311 (resized).jpgIMG_20220209_220311 (resized).jpgIMG_20220209_220353 (resized).jpgIMG_20220209_220353 (resized).jpg
#25477 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Or an Austin Powers home pin[quoted image]

The LCD is the right size

#25504 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

This real?? If so, Awesome!

Yep, I'm so happy , love Bender and Fry

1 week later
#25615 2 years ago

What if Jaws is code for ….. ???

Jaws was meant to be on TV tonight , but a guy got eaten by a great white , so now they're playing Vin Diesel triple x instead .
What are the odds .

IMG20220217203520 (resized).jpgIMG20220217203520 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
515 posts in this topic match your search for posts by screaminr. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.