Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17253 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I like all the 30 somethings getting all defensive that people think they cant afford pricy toys. pretty funny
"we can make expensive purchases of stupid shit just as much as you old guys."
congrats.

I don’t think it’s defensive, it’s reality. There are tons of professionals without kids. I just turned 30, and had multiple (10+) friends that had by 27 had at least one new LE (within last 5 years), and the average had 3 pins.

Dual incomes (especially if professionals) can afford to buy a lot of things these days. Does that mean it’s the wealthiest group, no. But if you target that audience, they have the money to buy.

Arcades are packed with 20 and 30 year olds playing pinball and drinking beer every weekend. Some can’t or won’t ever buy their own machine. But with exposure, that age is learning about them and asking “How do I get one?”

#17778 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How can it not be personal? Dwight is the one in charge of code. Yes, there are code issues and problems that need fixing, which Dwight has not addressed. He has addressed issues on all his other games, but has severely neglected Munsters. There are consequences of his lack of support for a stellar game we all trusted he would continue to support after release. He hasn’t done that, it purely his responsibility. No excuse for a lack of code love period.
Would be much easier to make all us owners happy with our big purchase, rather than all the threads of people upset with what little Dwight did on Munsters code. I’ve been running a worldwide company (many times bigger than Stern) and if I had customers as upset about any of my products as many are about Munsters, I’d fix it pronto. Reputation and trust is a hard thing to earn with any customer base. It is not worth losing over simply giving some more code love with needed fixes and some much needed Munsters show material.

We get it... You bought a game, and it didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be. There are people wanting and buying these games all the time. I see them go on and off show room floors around here when people buy them. Is it a game for the most avid player, or people with a small collection that are in to pinball? Probably not. But does it have a place, yes. I enjoy playing a pro that we have at an arcade here every once in a while, as its a nice change of pace from the deep games that exist elsewhere. Is it very shallow code? Yes, but that was 100% apparent from release and walkthrough with Dwight, he as much said that during that. So if you hear them all but say "This is shallow", and then complain about it being shallow, I don't know what else there is to say...

2 months later
#19592 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The problem is the first release of the code could be done, but Lyman iterates and iterates over a long time to bring the magic. If he is gone, that won’t happen. We’ll see I guess

What's the rumor/known facts with Lyman? Did he leave Stern? Out on leave?

1 week later
#19836 2 years ago

But honestly, this is part of the issue. Getting on lists years (decades?) before something comes to fruition with or without money down is crazy. Some of these people are passionate about the title and want to make sure they get one. Others just do this to sell. I have seen multiple posts selling Mando where they have two LEs (assuming from different distributors). That's just being an asshole to others and price gouging. People are always going to be crappy to make a buck, and that's their prerogative, but its not good for the hobby.

Running prices up because parts cost more is one thing, running prices up because everyone wants to be a flipper is not good for the hobby and getting new entrants. And the hobby needs new entrants, or all of our pins are worthless, as there is no one new to buy them, and we don't all have room for 20 pins. And then used pins go up in price because if a new LE sold for $12k, then my used LE of a different title must be worth $9k. That's not how it works, but when everyone does it, then it becomes norm.

1 week later
#20285 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I can understand them raising prices for future games.
What I don't understand is when I have a signed invoice with a distributor and a deposit down, the game has been delayed past their expected delivery date, and then they tell me it's going to cost me more?

Its everyone's choice what they do, but this is the point to cancel your order. We as individuals have no control over any of this. Not that I want the distributors to feel any pain, but they are the only voice that matters. If they get cancellations and get stuck with games, or in turn cancel their orders, Stern might think again before the next time they raise prices on existing orders.

...All that to say that it won't matter because if someone does cancel their order, someone else will step up and pay the increased price. Welcome to the current world of pinball!

1 month later
#22190 2 years ago

The best "Pin" by a long shot. Very cool and unique layout. Great work!

4 weeks later
#22839 2 years ago

I expect there will be many Disney-themed games coming. Stern wants to lock down Disney to steal the IP from the other manufacturers (probably a smart move). Doing so is going to make Disney say then give us a game every so often (year or whatever). Given that I doubt "A Bug's Life" is going to make a new game anytime soon, its going to be new Disney content, which is largely revolving around Star Wars and Marvel these days. As long as the two or three releases between are good content that is unique, like Godzilla, then I think people will still have their options. People that buy every machine and hold, will just end up with a ton of Disney content.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22843 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Well they own Fox so I think a Spider-Man game is coming. They purposely left Spider-Man out of the the Avengers IQ. I think it is because he is getting a dedicated pin.
Also they own Touchstone so maybe- Nightmare Before Christmas, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Prestige, Starship Troopers, Die Hard, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Spiderman is Sony, so that's a different licensing deal. But The Prestige is my favorite movie! Not sure how to "pinball" it, but I'd be down for it.

#22844 2 years ago
Quoted from MamaLovesPinball:

Disney has so many fun options. I can't imagine many that I would be disappointed in. Maybe it's the preschool teacher in me, but I'd enjoy playing Toy Story Pinball LMAO

The long-standing rumor is that Toy Story is with JJP. But that's been rumored for years before Stern got into it with Disney the last few years. So my guess is that is one of the last Disney themes we will see from a non-Stern manufacturer.

1 month later
#24246 2 years ago

That’s a weird video… not the aesthetic I was expecting. Either way, not a buyer of this one.

4 months later
#26996 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hairy Plopper is some certified incel geek s#it. The fans are like furry adjacent cringe wizards. Just my personal opinion that everyone asked for.

I will take offense to that on every level possible. But still give you an up vote for creativity and freedom of speech!

4 weeks later
#27626 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I beat Mando once and never played it again. It’s about as unfun as Rush and LZ in my book. I honestly feel like Stern is good for one good game a year and the rest are kinda meh.

I think it all depends on skill level. Not bashing anyone. But when you can beat a game in a few sittings, it doesn't last long. The first time I played Mando (3 or 4 games) I got to two of the three wizard modes. I know that they have added more to razor crest to slow it down. But lost a sale from me on that one. I want to barely get anything done on my first few games to know it will stick around. Otherwise with an hour a night on it, you can figure it out and consistently get to the wizard mode, which just isn't as much fun for me.

1 week later
#27802 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Ehh not really. How many times game companies come out with a new game on the horizon. You dont say well I know Bethesda is releasing Elder scrolls 6 so Im not going to get Starfield. Lets just say their Sterns next games are Venom, BTTF and Bond. I couldnt care about Venom. Now BTTF if I know thats in the pipeline, I could start saving earlier and get a Premium instead of the Pro. You could easily have the upsale. I think Stern would have you pass on a Pro and you get a Pre/LE instead

The answer is cost and space. I can afford multiple $60 games (plus subscriptions, map packs, etc.) without blinking. But buying $30k + of new machines in a year is not attainable for most people. Then the space aspect is I can't have 20 of them at a time, maybe only 2-5 for most people. So you have to be selective.

8 months later
#36021 1 year ago

I enjoy FF. Certainly the big hits, so would be interested in this game. Theme isn't enough to be a yes, but certainly not a deterrent. Need some great game play!

4 months later
#38910 9 months ago

The fact that 70% of the playfield is barren is a bit odd... The mechs look cool, although its basically just two different ball paths. Not sure how the ball stacker on the return wireforms will be implemented. Not a theme I was really looking forward to, and play won't be coming home. However, I will certainly play some games on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=atum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.