Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 942.
#19701 2 years ago

hoping with 500 increase the BOM could go up a bit. Dont expect all 500 but would be nice to get an extra mech here or there.

#19702 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hoping with 500 increase the BOM could go up a bit. Dont expect all 500 but would be nice to get an extra mech here or there.

Who is saying the next game will be a $500 increase? Are distributors saying this? I've enquired about (rumored) Godzilla and was not advised it will be more expensive than Mando.

#19703 2 years ago

I personally welcome a price increase, if it is paying for an awesome feature and BOM increase on Godzilla.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Who is saying the next game will be a $500 increase? Are distributors saying this? I've enquired about (rumored) Godzilla and was not advised it will be more expensive than Mando.

Distros won’t know until the game is announced to them formally.

#19704 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If that's the case, where are the increase rumors coming from? In my opinion Stern "needs" to keep that Pro price under 6K to still be an attractive entry level price. "The Pin" isn't gonna cut it lol.

#19705 2 years ago

If that's the case, where are the increase rumors coming from? In my opinion Stern "needs" to keep that Pro price under 6K to still be an attractive entry level price. "The Pin" isn't gonna cut it lol.

The Pro won’t have the mech, thus price won’t increase most likely.

#19706 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Pro won’t have the mech, thus price won’t increase most likely.

I guess I'm not up to speed on Godzilla rumors. So, there is supposed to be super cool mech in the premium/le that will increase them from 7700 to around 8200?

#19707 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe the fabled quieter power supply fan Gomez said was coming a year ago? Wonder if it's a new power supply or if Stern finally just asked Meanwell to put a quieter fan in the existing model for their orders (which they said they would do if Stern just asked...).

Well, Spooky have gone quiet now, so maybe.

I do think Godzilla is going to have the new platform, whatever that is.

#19708 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also, interested to see if Spooky are using a newer, more reasonable power supply, or if they just also asked Meanwell to put in a quieter fan for their orders.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19709 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I do think Godzilla is going to have the new platform, whatever that is.

I don't think we will see a new platform. I think Stern will stick with Spike 2 for a while and just add internet connectivity via WiFi. Stern said whatever is coming in September will apply to current titles too.

#19710 2 years ago

I guess I'm not up to speed on Godzilla rumors. So, there is supposed to be super cool mech in the premium/le that will increase them from 7700 to around 8200?

There isn't any specific rumor, other than it might have a higher BOM for a cool feature that Keith wanted. The LE/Premium package always includes mechs and features that aren't on the pro. As such, if there was one particular mech that increases the BOM on the LE/Premium package, it wouldn't be carried on the pro BOM. Or they could go the Elvira HOH route and offer no pro.

I don't have ANY idea if any of this is even remotely true.

#19711 2 years ago

People acting like a higher msrp means a higher bom lol.

You will get what we give you and like it dammit
-Gary Stern

#19712 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

People acting like a higher msrp means a higher bom lol.
You will get what we give you and like it dammit
-Gary Stern

And I think this out of cycle price increase has more to do with pricing of raw materials and parts going up substantially over the last year than any single mech on the next game. JJP went up $1000. Stern at +$500 would not surprise me at all.

#19713 2 years ago

you are right, my distro hasnt said it. Only kaneda so far.

#19714 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I personally welcome a price increase, if it is paying for an awesome feature and BOM increase on Godzilla.

Damn dude lol. There's been price increases by Stern for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more features. Actually there's been cuts in features and hardware designs to save on costs. Everything from the new head design, lock down bar removal for brackets, plastic versus metal leg protectors, removal of the head lock mech for bolts, cheaper coil stops, and hell even the entire Spike 2 system have been designed to save on costs. Have any of those changes resulted in more hardware features? No, just more money for Stern. NIB prices were already insane a few years back and are in crazy town territory now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this price increase is partially the result of Stern seeing JJP raise prices by $1k. Both JJP and Stern have been playing the back and forth price raising game for years. At some point customers are going to say no which I think has already been occurring. In the past two months I picked up a NIB TMNT Premium for $7500 and a NIB GNR LE for $9500. There's no way in hell I would have bought either game, at least new, if they were $8k and $10.5k.

#19715 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Damn dude lol. There's been price increases by Stern for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more features. Actually there's been cuts in features and hardware designs to save on costs. Everything from the new head design, lock down bar removal for brackets, plastic versus metal leg protectors, removal of the head lock mech for bolts, cheaper coil stops, and hell even the entire Spike 2 system have been designed to save on costs. Have any of those changes resulted in more hardware features? No, just more money for Stern. NIB prices were already insane a few years back and are in crazy town territory now.

Your best buddy Huckster Jack taught Gary all about price increases and milking the consumer. Stick it up your butt.

#19716 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's been price increases by Stern for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more features.

There's been price increases by JJP for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more fun.

#19717 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Your best buddy Huckster Jack taught Gary all about price increases and milking the consumer. Stick it up your butt.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's been price increases by JJP for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more fun.

I see we have another two people blaming JJP for Stern raising prices...my goodness lol. This is Stern's choice to raise prices, try holding them accountable for once and what they are putting in their games (or lack of). Instead of blaming JJP ask yourself why Stern isn't putting more into their games with each price increase and overall increasing value. Maybe don't do that though and just be happy for paying $1k per orbit and ramp, if it's fun who cares what the price is!

#19718 2 years ago

You know who’s to blame for price increases? The consumer and the secondary market. You’ll buy it no matter the cost. When a company sees that you’ve paid $5k for a topper or $25k for an LE it’s only natural for them to arrive at the conclusion that if they raise prices, you’ll pay it.

#19719 2 years ago
F4478696-92D5-4F89-9E7F-D78E57A0942A (resized).jpegF4478696-92D5-4F89-9E7F-D78E57A0942A (resized).jpeg
#19720 2 years ago

If back to the future rumor is true I am selling everything to buy it

#19721 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

If back to the future rumor is true I am selling everything to buy it

Is that what you're hearing?

#19722 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see we have another two people blaming JJP for Stern raising prices...my goodness lol. This is Stern's choice to raise prices, try holding them accountable for once and what they are putting in their games (or lack of). Instead of blaming JJP ask yourself why Stern isn't putting more into their games with each price increase and overall increasing value. Maybe don't do that though and just be happy for paying $1k per orbit and ramp, if it's fun who cares what the price is!

For the life of me I don't understand why you visit threads other than the Huckster Jack threads. Are there not enough people in them to play with?

#19723 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

For the life of me I don't understand why you visit threads other than the Huckster Jack threads. Are there not enough people in them to play with?

You don't like any criticism directed at Stern and then lash out. Criticism doesn't mean a company or product is bad. I post in Stern related threads because I own, enjoy, and will continue to buy Stern games.

#19724 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Is that what you're hearing?

Godzilla then BTTF

#19725 2 years ago

I could totally see an increase with BTTF, especially if Kapow. I just don't know why they would jack the price up on Godzilla, a regular release.

#19726 2 years ago

Yes, it is pretty much official now Godzilla, then BTTF. 2 great themes back to back.

#19727 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Yes, it is pretty much official now Godzilla, then BTTF

Official?

#19728 2 years ago

“Pretty much official” ain’t really official now is it?

Quoted from tonyf1965:

Yes, it is pretty much official now Godzilla, then BTTF. 2 great themes back to back.

#19729 2 years ago

We’ll see, Second week of September.

#19730 2 years ago

Why would Stern come out with a new pin anytime soon. They cant get the ones they have out to people. I paid for a amber shooter rod and there is no telling when I might get that.

#19731 2 years ago

Yes, there’s a parts shortage. Stern can crank out up to 400 games a week.

#19732 2 years ago

Jesus, there goes my money!!!!

BTTF for the win, heard it from Kaneda

#19733 2 years ago

I just hope all the orders that have been placed before this expected price increase stay the same. If they don’t then this parts shortage will be very convenient for Stern because ever NIB pin has been pushed back for months.

#19734 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's been price increases by Stern for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more features. Actually there's been cuts in features and hardware designs to save on costs.

A popular trend in the consumer product world over the past 15 years is something called "shrinkflation." Companies keep the price the same, but sell you a smaller package of goods. In my day, you got a full half-gallon of ice cream (2 quarts) at the grocery store. For a while it was 1.75 quarts and today it's 1.5 quarts.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grocery-prices-rise-supermarkets/

Getting less while also paying more is an added kick to the nuts.

If my love for the hobby was guided by my head, I'd be backing away. Alas...

#19735 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see we have another two people blaming JJP for Stern raising prices...my goodness lol.

I'm not "blaming" JJP at all. You know (if you've been paying attention) that I'm a JJP fan and WOZ got me into this pinball mess. But that game started at 6500. Then went to 7500. Then 8k. Then 9k. Then to new "limited" editions that were upwards of 11-13k. Do you really think Stern sees that and doesn't realize there's a bigger profit to be made? Try to be intellectually honest for once. JJP is responsible for Stern upping their game with displays, sound, and light shows. But they're also responsible for prices going through the roof. Actually...let me amend that: The people that buy the games at their prices are responsible for prices being what they are. That means you, me, and everybody else.

#19736 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

A popular trend in the consumer product world over the past 15 years is something called "shrinkflation." Companies keep the price the same, but sell you a smaller package of goods. In my day, you got a full half-gallon of ice cream at the grocery store. For a while it was 1.75 gallons and today it's 1.5 gallons.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grocery-prices-rise-supermarkets/
If my love for the hobby was guided by my head, I'd be backing away. Alas...

Yep. Costco has done this in spades. People think the prices are the same, but they aren't.

#19737 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Jesus, there goes my money!!!!
BTTF for the win, heard it from Kaneda

Wait seriously?! Like for December/ January?

#19738 2 years ago

If it's BTTF, they have all of my money. Damn it stern - I wish you weren't doing that theme but if you do, I know I can't say no. I just hope it's not another fill in the blank by stern pinball game. Mando was a huge let down, LE including.

Anyone with a LE available PM me!

#19739 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep. Costco has done this in spades. People think the prices are the same, but they aren't.

Especially pisses me off in Costco's food section. Half-size rice krispie treats, pot pies that are all crust and one sliced carrot piece inside, we just stop buying them. It's not value for money and kind of goes against what Costco is usually about.

#19740 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wait seriously?! Like for December/ January?

No date, just heavy rumor right now but John Borg at the helm following Godzilla

#19741 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If it's BTTF, they have all of my money. Damn it stern - I wish you weren't doing that theme but if you do, I know I can't say no. I just hope it's not another fill in the blank by stern pinball game. Mando was a huge let down, LE including.

Yep, I won't be able to conrol the FOMO at all...that is my all time Grail pin...I'm sure it won't be able to meet all my hopes, the expectations are just too unrealistically high, but I'll take it regardless

Things (toys) I would love to see:

Shooter lane 88 mph skill shot (hell, even color it with flame trail LED inserts)
all 3 movies represented
Delorean represented on the playfield in full model (not plastic)
hoverboard
train/bridge
flux capacitor
clock tower

The mods that this game could support would be limitless

I think these are the essentials and Borg could do an amazing job.

The FOMO is real on this title

#19742 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was surprised by Mando. Expected not to like it really. We play it all the time. Definitely has that one more ball vibe and isnt ovely punishing lkke the last few Elwin games ive owned. Give it another try

#19743 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

No date, just heavy rumor right now but John Borg at the helm following Godzilla

All correct, except it's Rush you're talking about. And yes...I believe BTTF is coming, but not until next year.

#19744 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was surprised by Mando. Expected not to like it really. We play it all the time. Definitely has that one more ball vibe and isnt ovely punishing lkke the last few Elwin games ive owned. Give it another try

Surely, you're not under the impression that Elwin designed Mandalorian, right?

#19745 2 years ago

The only RUSH happening at STERN is when they RUSH half finished games out the door

#19746 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Surely, you're not under the impression that Elwin designed Mandalorian, right?

....no.
Just that im about a 1 game per year guy and 3 of my last 4 Stern games were Elwins. This is my first non Elwin games since Metallica in 2017.

#19747 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You don't like any criticism directed at Stern and then lash out.

Project much, Ms. Guarnieri? You can't handle the thought that someone could possibly like something in an order of magnitude that is less than tenfold of their love for fucking Dialed In. Hark! A pin other than a JJP machine is being discussed somewhere! To the Jackcave, Panzer!

#19748 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

"shrinkflation." In my day, you got a full half-gallon of ice cream at the grocery store. For a while it was 1.75 gallons and today it's 1.5 gallons.

Your example doesn't make sense.
If you used to pay $1 for a half gallon, then you paid $1 for 1.75 gallons, and now you pay $1 for 1.5 gallons you're getting three times the amount of ice cream for the same price. Ok, you could complain you're not getting 1.75 gallons any more but you're not getting less than you got back "in my day". And you're not paying more in your example.

#19749 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your example doesn't make sense.
If you used to pay $1 for a half gallon, then you paid $1 for 1.75 gallons, and now you pay $1 for 1.5 gallons you're getting three times the amount of ice cream for the same price. Ok, you could complain you're not getting 1.75 gallons any more but you're not getting less than you got back "in my day". And you're not paying more in your example.

I took it that he meant quarts and mistyped it as gallons since a half gallon is 2 quarts.

#19750 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I took it that he meant quarts and mistyped it as gallons since a half gallon is 2 quarts.

This. Although normalizing two gallon servings of ice cream is a life goal!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/395 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.