(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,868 posts
  • 1,052 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.47_32ddc1ac (resized).jpg
IMG_7328 (resized).jpeg
IMPINSPRINGFIX03@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX02@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX01@6 (resized).jpg
20240425_195043 (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 318.
#12201 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If you can scan it, Mr_Tantrum can make it for you.

Thanks, someone on this site was nice enough to send me an extra they had for the cost of shipping. Love this community!

#12202 1 year ago

Just got my LE translite installed in my premium. Seems to have turned out well. Like it a lot better than the Egyptian version.

3D41E96F-219B-4896-81FA-0338DBAB774F (resized).jpeg3D41E96F-219B-4896-81FA-0338DBAB774F (resized).jpeg

#12203 1 year ago

He does such great work. I was very tempted to have him do my JP but just couldn't swallow the price in the end. It's too bad that he's overseas as that compounds shipping and the fact that he needs to use new parts vs our existing pieces. Good luck with the sale!

#12204 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just got my LE translite installed in my premium. Seems to have turned out well. Like it a lot better than the Egyptian version.
[quoted image]

Nice - where did you get the LE translite from? I don't think I'd swap out for my premium one, but I'd definitely like to put one in an LED frame.

#12205 1 year ago

For anyone looking for a last minute gift for an iron maiden pinball fan I have 2 of my 180 ramp mods left and ready to go. Offering special pricing of $300 shipped (reg $450). PM me if you would like one of the 2.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-180-degree-ramp-mod

D17C1525-A506-4BA4-8765-FA24F47AEA80 (resized).jpegD17C1525-A506-4BA4-8765-FA24F47AEA80 (resized).jpeg
#12206 1 year ago

Sounds like IMDN will be run again in May, so the age old question is wether or not the premium is worth the extra $$$ over the pro now that it costs $9700 and there is a $2700 price difference between the pro and premium.

#12207 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sounds like IMDN will be run again in May, so the age old question is wether or not the premium is worth the extra $$$ over the pro now that it costs $9700 and there is a $2700 price difference between the pro and premium.

I love the Premium, but imo the Pro is the value here. Nice to have a physical lock and the lifting ramp, but not almost $3k nice.

#12208 1 year ago

On the original pricing YES!! Are you positive that there will be a rerun of these??
There have been rumours it would happen but also heard just as many rumours that Maiden was done for good.

#12209 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

On the original pricing YES!! Are you positive that there will be a rerun of these??
There have been rumours it would happen but also heard just as many rumours that Maiden was done for good.

Yeah I’ve heard it from multiple distributors some are even starting to take deposits...

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Iron Maiden Pro and Premium confirmed to be re-ran in 2023. Tentatively scheduled for May 2023.
I’m glad…IM is such a fun game, either model. I’m happy to confirm it’s going back into production one time next year. Dealers now have their allocations so if it’s on your radar…do not delay to preorder as limited quantities available.
….let the pre-orders begin.

#12210 1 year ago

Started putting mine back together .Refinery’s vein/candy Robotic Blue powder job is exactly what I was looking for ! He said it was the most parts he’s ever done for a pin .Every piece of metal got finished minus the gates/spinner brackets which I want to get chromed .I’m throwing the kitchen sink into this as it’s always been our unanimous house favorite (GZ might be joining it later ). This will be a slow process as I’m taking my sweet time to get it right .I’ll be posting as I go I’m so exited to have this project going .Up the Irons !!

18417DAE-0FDA-4AE4-A50F-F945987C0B20 (resized).jpeg18417DAE-0FDA-4AE4-A50F-F945987C0B20 (resized).jpeg2751E112-6311-4ABD-9EB5-AD0D96382239 (resized).png2751E112-6311-4ABD-9EB5-AD0D96382239 (resized).png4BBE5392-3BBB-40D2-BD9D-1272C2AFA883 (resized).png4BBE5392-3BBB-40D2-BD9D-1272C2AFA883 (resized).png5A9C4692-8C70-494B-ABCC-E22A7ABB0BDF (resized).jpeg5A9C4692-8C70-494B-ABCC-E22A7ABB0BDF (resized).jpegCAE601A2-8DF4-4FC4-A045-56188B3FB1BC (resized).jpegCAE601A2-8DF4-4FC4-A045-56188B3FB1BC (resized).jpegF78329EE-D4C8-4B18-AE02-76C639502D9B (resized).jpegF78329EE-D4C8-4B18-AE02-76C639502D9B (resized).jpeg
#12211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Nice - where did you get the LE translite from? I don't think I'd swap out for my premium one, but I'd definitely like to put one in an LED frame.

You can PM if you like one but shipping will likely be killer to Australia.

This is how it will look in a frame, the edges will get cut off a bit. For the Rush, I shrunk them a little so they would fit in the frame perfectly.

5C80AB80-B105-4D19-8D8B-7AD674E1582A (resized).jpeg5C80AB80-B105-4D19-8D8B-7AD674E1582A (resized).jpeg

#12212 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can PM if you like one but shipping will likely be killer to Australia.
This is how it will look in a frame, the edges will get cut off a bit. For the Rush, I shrunk them a little so they would fit in the frame perfectly.
[quoted image]

Are you selling the translites and the lighted frames as a package? If so where were you when my wife asking me for Xmas gift ideas!

#12213 1 year ago

Are you selling the translites and the lighted frames as a package? If so where were you when my wife asking me for Xmas gift ideas!

Haha, the frames you can get at most suppliers. I am in Canada so getting the translites is a bit tough.

#12214 1 year ago

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a premium apron so I can swap out the crappy plastic one on the pro…..

#12215 1 year ago

I wish to add an Elwin to the lineup: I have loved Maiden since a boy, but think Godzilla rocks. It is gonna be a Prem. Now that I hear Stern is retooling the line to produce Maidens for a month this Spring, I think I should do it......but damn Godzilla is fun. What should I do?

#12217 1 year ago

I wish to remain happily married.

#12218 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I wish to remain happily married.

I am happily married. . My wife made me buy both! I prefer Iron Maiden however we have only put 250 games on GZ over the last year.

Get Maiden while you can I think Stern will be making Godzilla for years.

#12219 1 year ago

Nitro has 4 pros and 3 premiums.

#12220 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I wish to add an Elwin to the lineup: I have loved Maiden since a boy, but think Godzilla rocks. It is gonna be a Prem. Now that I hear Stern is retooling the line to produce Maidens for a month this Spring, I think I should do it......but damn Godzilla is fun. What should I do?

Trick question is literally doesn’t matter. Both incredible. You’ll trade one for the other in 6-12-18 months. Easy.

#12221 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Trick question is literally doesn’t matter. Both incredible. You’ll trade one for the other in 6-12-18 months. Easy.

get IMDN now and GZ later, likely GZ will cost you more later but maybe not, that said A LOT of GZ being made and will be made for years whereas IMDN might be done soon...
I have both lol

#12222 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a premium apron so I can swap out the crappy plastic one on the pro…..

PRO pf does not have the holes for the premium apron, so you will have to drill them out. This is easier said than done and requires a little skill: good measuring and likely you will need a template. Once you have this the drilling is easy, I would make the template out of a sticky material, mylar type or acrylic. I would use a circuit or silhouette type machine to cut it, lay it down and drill on the mark. This way also you will prevent the wood and the art from splitting on the top layer.
You will need to add a piece of wood or something UNDER the pf as well, so the wood does not splinter and break the top layer of the ply as the drill exits.

A little prep goes a long way to make it look good. You can use ANY spike 2 apron.

I am planning on doing this myself, a friend has an apron for me but have too many projects to even bother at the moment.

Another alternative is using the apron that pinball life sell, however it has no art and no cutouts unlike the spike II and the attachment is different (whitestar/sam style).
I am working with someone else in creating a custom apron for TRON and we are finding all these alternatives overwhelming...

IT can be done. Ultimately, you can design and send to cut and bend your own apron.

#12223 1 year ago

Hoping to join this club in Mid 2023...

#12224 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Check out Wizard mods apron covers. These are magnetic but you could use double stick tape.
PXL_20221208_141359659 (resized).jpgPXL_20221208_141359659 (resized).jpg

#12225 1 year ago

Put the drills away, put the paint away, just play the damn thing lolol. Also Merry fn Christmas everyone

#12226 1 year ago

Took the advice...
put my deposit down for a Maiden Premium. The machine looks like a frickin' work of art.

#12227 1 year ago

I’m having a hard time justifying an extra $2700 for the premium over the pro..
Sarcophagus lock
Flip up ramp
RGB Led spinning flasher
3-D figures
Metal apron

Not sure what else I’m forgetting

I don’t think it’s worth $2700 over the pro...

Edit: retail vs retail price on Sterns next run of games.
EDA5438C-6760-4B2A-BB73-49E3CDA07D0F (resized).jpegEDA5438C-6760-4B2A-BB73-49E3CDA07D0F (resized).jpeg

#12228 1 year ago

Sarcophagus lock
Flip up ramp
RGB Led spinning flasher
3-D figures
Metal apron
[quoted image]

get the premium

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12229 1 year ago

One of the best games EVER made, period. Get the full version that Keith designed, you won't regret it

#12230 1 year ago

Sarcophagus lock
Flip up ramp
RGB Led spinning flasher
3-D figures
Metal apron
[quoted image]

I agree the pro is the way to go. Recently the difference between pro and premium is more than 2700. I've seen premiums at 10,500 and pros at 7K. So, theoretically, the new high MSRP is still lower than what used premiums are going for now.

#12231 1 year ago

I have not played the premium but people complain about the orb mech being very unreliable, also the underworld lock is sort of lame. I really have a hard time buying any premium but this one certainly does not make sense to me. All my other games are actually premium, except for Guardians which I also thing is really ok in a pro.
Anyways...

Enjoy! I love mine and it will never leave my house.

#12232 1 year ago

The pro is great, personally I really like the sarcophagus lock and the ramp/underworld. But I also think the premium art package is by far the best of the 3, all of it together made me go for the premium and have never had a second thought about not going with a pro.

Just upgraded my GZ pro to a premium, that one I am still 52%/48% if I made the correct decision.

Sarcophagus lock
Flip up ramp
RGB Led spinning flasher
3-D figures
Metal apron
[quoted image]

#12233 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I agree the pro is the way to go. Recently the difference between pro and premium is more than 2700. I've seen premiums at 10,500 and pros at 7K. So, theoretically, the new high MSRP is still lower than what used premiums are going for now.

I’m just talking retail to retail for the upcoming run of games Stern is supposedly doing in May According to several distributors I’ve talked to.

#12234 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

The pro is great, personally I really like the sarcophagus lock and the ramp/underworld. But I also think the premium art package is by far the best of the 3, all of it together made me go for the premium and have never had a second thought about not going with a pro.
Just upgraded my GZ pro to a premium, that one I am still 52%/48% if I made the correct decision.

interesting, I played GZ pro and it really feels a bit naked to me. GZ is Premium or nothing to me...

#12235 1 year ago

Appreciate the post. Ya, all the "go for the pro" and "premium is not worth it" posts made me second guess my deposit for a minute. I think the Premium artwork is badass.

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

#12236 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Appreciate the post. Ya, all the "go for the pro" and "premium is not worth it" posts made me second guess my deposit for a minute. I think the Premium artwork is badass.

I agree the premium is awesome looking. My only nitpick is it focuses on only one album and the pro showcases all the Eddies. Can't go wrong with any version of this great game.

#12237 1 year ago

I put in a deposit on a premium at the beginning of the year when you could not get anything, stumbled across the pro and got it as a place holder until the premium was delivered.

The collapsing building is great theme integration, love the changing return ramps. The bridge is cooler on the premium, but I could do without, especially when it’s collapsing and I hit the left ramp shot I am positive the ball is going to fly through the glass everytime. The rotating shield is neat, but it’s harder to hit on the static pro.

I just think KME builds great games regardless of pro/prem

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

interesting, I played GZ pro and it really feels a bit naked to me. GZ is Premium or nothing to me...

#12238 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Took the advice...
put my deposit down for a Maiden Premium. The machine looks like a frickin' work of art.

I just switched my order from pro to premium.

#12239 1 year ago

The LE was one of the great purchases of my pinballing life. So the premium would be my strong suggestion over the pro - as it always is on every Stern machine, provided you have the dosh.

That said, the IMDN pro, like the Aerosmith pro, is one of the very few that doesn’t lose much compared to the premium. But lose it does…

#12240 1 year ago

I had issues with the mummy captive ball and the sarcophagus lock when I owned the premium. I messed with it and did everything I could before giving up and selling it.

Purchased a Pro and have happy ever since. You don’t really lose anything when it comes to gameplay IMO.

#12241 1 year ago

Outside the art, I don't really see the value in the Premium. The Pro is great

#12242 1 year ago

I see the premium still sells over sterns new msrp vs the pro selling for under new msrp. That’s gotta mean something…..
Part of the reason I went with premium..

#12243 1 year ago

I guess I’m in the minority I actually prefer the artwork on the pro.

#12244 1 year ago

Not that it is important to me, but does anybody know if this May 2023 batch will have the Insider Connected built into the machine?

#12245 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Not that it is important to me, but does anybody know if this May 2023 batch will have the Insider Connected built into the machine?

I think everything coming out of Stern now has it.

#12246 1 year ago

The cabinet itself is a little basic for the pro but I tend to prefer the translite on it. Something about the premium and LE just don't look right to me, but the pro looks better the more you stare at it. Like you're always finding more details.

And yeah my other pin is metallica and I had to have the premium for it, it seemed like a no brainer with how cool the coffin lock is. But for IMDN it seems like you can't go wrong with either version, the pro is a fast shooter with no breaks, the balls are always moving except for the trooper ball lock. It's fast and furious and it plays perfectly to the strength of the machine.

#12247 1 year ago

Are you actually in the market for one? I see you post on all kinds of different topics about games, but your collection shows zilch. You seem to be more of a salesman vs a collector
What’s your motive? Just curious….

#12248 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Are you actually in the market for one? I see you post on all kinds of different topics about games, but your collection shows zilch. You seem to be more of a salesman vs a collector
What’s your motive? Just curious….

No I am far from a salesman, and yes my collection is small (not all of us can afford 19 games) I have a deposit down on a pro but the window is closing on switching to a premium. Allotments are small on the upcoming run from what I understand and I have until May to pay for the game but I have a lot of other expenses so not sure a premium will fit into my budget come May any way.
I hope it’s ok with you that I am posting on lots of different topics, I was gone for a while dealing with some stuff and I am excited to be back chatting about all things pinball

#12249 1 year ago

No I am far from a salesman, I have a deposit down on a pro but the window is closing on switching to a premium. Allotments are small on the upcoming run from what I understand and I have until May to pay for the game but I have a lot of other expenses so not sure a premium will fit into my budget come May any way.
I hope it’s ok with you that I am posting on lots of different topics, I was gone for a while dealing with some stuff and I am excited to be back chatting about all things pinball

I just saw that you have sold a lot so was curios. I too, had a pro on order, which I agree that the artwork is more true in originality to the band. I was going back and forth constantly between the pro and premium. Ultimately i chose to upgrade at the last minute. I watched some unboxing videos and read up a little more. Then I impulsively pulled the trigger a little harder towards the premium. I do think it has a little more of a “collector feel” to it. Good luck with your decision.

#12250 1 year ago

No I am far from a salesman, and yes my collection is small (not all of us can afford 19 games) I have a deposit down on a pro but the window is closing on switching to a premium. Allotments are small on the upcoming run from what I understand and I have until May to pay for the game but I have a lot of other expenses so not sure a premium will fit into my budget come May any way.

It shows that you’ve sold a shitload of hi-end machines…including an IM le! What gives??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 318.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/245?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.