Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,255 posts
  • 865 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 536 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7654 (resized).png
    IMG_2716 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_8194110_1-overlay (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    There are 8,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 166.
    #4601 1 year ago

Nitro now has Iron Maiden Pro and Premium for pre-order ETA May 2023. JP Premium June 2023.

#4602 1 year ago

Iron Maiden Pro and Premium confirmed to be re-ran in 2023. Tentatively scheduled for May 2023.

I’m glad…IM is such a fun game, either model. I’m happy to confirm it’s going back into production one time next year. Dealers now have their allocations so if it’s on your radar…do not delay to preorder as limited quantities available.

….let the pre-orders begin.

#4603 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

That’s what I thought. Premiums should start next week if the Le’s are done by end of week.

But they're squeezing in home pins and other loose ends, so it's not all Bond, all Dec long.

Here's the Dec part of the schedule from Zach at FlipnOut about a month ago:
    Dec 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pros & Premium (finish earlier run)
    Dec 2022 - LZ Premium (finish earlier run)

I can only assume it's to use up parts because there's plenty of TMNT and LZ NIB in the wild sitting at dist warehouses right now.

#4604 1 year ago

Just saw this on the Elvira thread..

Quoted from Vino:

Wait for some is over!
    Received confirm today Elvira is finally happening Q1 Feb/March.

#4605 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just saw this on the Elvira thread..

Yesterday I received an email from Kingpin Games saying that EHOH premiums were going to be run in Feb/Mar of 2023.

Gord

#4606 1 year ago

Bond Premium exists in the wild now! Saw one on location last night (launch party at Level One in Cbus)

#4607 1 year ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Yesterday I received an email from Kingpin Games saying that EHOH premiums were going to be run in Feb/Mar of 2023.
    Gord

I wonder what the price will be

#4608 1 year ago

I wonder what the price will be

#4609 1 year ago

Wow so $2000+ more than I was invoiced when I originally ordered my game.

#4610 1 year ago

Wow so $2000+ more than I was invoiced when I originally ordered my game.

I am right there with you. I am trying to get in touch with my distributor to see what they tell me. This is a slap in the face by Stern.

#4611 1 year ago
    Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am right there with you. I am trying to get in touch with my distributor to see what they tell me. This is a slap in the face by Stern.

Yeah... so, so, so wrong. They have held all of our money for over a year... built a super expensive 40th Anniversary edition... and then 18 months later they decide to build it again but with a $2000 price increase.

The insane prices are one thing... but these super shady business practices are a whole different issue. If they had any honor they would have held the price at time of deposit.

#4612 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah... so, so, so wrong. They have held all of our money for over a year... built a super expensive 40th Anniversary edition... and then 18 months later they decide to build it again but with a $2000 price increase.
    The insane prices are one thing... but these super shady business practices are a whole different issue. If they had any honor they would have held the price at time of deposit.

“They” is your distributor, totally disconnected from Stern and their manufacturing/pricing. Your distributor could choose to honor their pricing, but that would be crazy. Your distributor should make clear what they are collecting money for. It’s not a purchase, it’s a deposit and the final price will be provided at the time of actual sale. Your deposit should be refundable if the price changed while the distributor held your deposit or if Stern discontinued a game before your distributor fills your order, but that depends on your distributor and the terms you (un)knowingly agreed to.

#4613 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Your deposit should be refundable if the price changed while the distributor held your deposit or if Stern discontinued a game before your distributor fills your order, but that depends on your distributor and the terms you (un)knowingly agreed to.

In most (all?) states, it's a matter of law. They HAVE to give you your deposit back if they change the price of the machine compared to when you made the deposit and you don't agree to the new price, as that's a material change of contract (new price). Doesn't matter what the distributor thinks, it's contract law.

#4614 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

In most (all?) states, it's a matter of law. They HAVE to give you your deposit back if they change the price of the machine compared to when you made the deposit and you don't agree to the new price, as that's a material change of contract (new price). Doesn't matter what the distributor thinks, it's contract law.

I didn’t want to assume. I know I had two deposits with a distro this year whose website said no refunds on deposits but when neither game came this year they gave me a refund with no problems.

#4615 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Contract law shouldnt even play a factor. Morally, it should just be a given that it is in a case where the price changes. If any of our customers that placed a deposit on Elvira want to back out due to price increase, their deposit will be given back period. Then again, we only take a 100 deposit anyway, so it is not much to start with.

#4616 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Iron Maiden Pro and Premium confirmed to be re-ran in 2023. Tentatively scheduled for May 2023.
    I’m glad…IM is such a fun game, either model. I’m happy to confirm it’s going back into production one time next year. Dealers now have their allocations so if it’s on your radar…do not delay to preorder as limited quantities available.
    ….let the pre-orders begin.

Just got off the phone with my usual distributor, He had a handful of Pro and Prem coming in May, I was able to secure a spot.

#4617 1 year ago

Knew that was coming with EHoH. Crazy how much grief other companies are getting, when Stern is just as guilty, if not moreso, than anyone else, at the price game.

"If you'll pay $9999 for this, surely you'll pay $10499."

And so on, and so forth. Things like that don't change, until people quit shrugging it off, and going forward with it.

#4618 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Contract law shouldnt even play a factor. Morally, it should just be a given that it is in a case where the price changes. If any of our customers that placed a deposit on Elvira want to back out due to price increase, their deposit will be given back period. Then again, we only take a 100 deposit anyway, so it is not much to start with.

I agree, but some distributors seem to try making their own rules. Just letting people know there are laws about this kind of thing to protect them.

#4619 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree, but some distributors seem to try making their own rules. Just letting people know there are laws about this kind of thing to protect them.

in price increase cases, there is no doubt that a deposit should be returned. We give a deposit back regardless of reason. and the one that sucks is when someone puts a deposit on the same game with every distributor and takes the first one. Then when we call them that their game is ready they inform us that they bought one from someone else and want their deposit back. We even give it back in these cases, but really, we should keep it, just morally dont like to so we dont. But kinda pointless to have deposits if they are fully refundable for any reason, just defeats the purpose of what they are for.

#4620 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

in price increase cases, there is no doubt that a deposit should be returned. We give a deposit back regardless of reason. and the one that sucks is when someone puts a deposit on the same game with every distributor and takes the first one. Then when we call them that their game is ready they inform us that they bought one from someone else and want their deposit back. We even give it back in these cases, but really, we should keep it, just morally dont like to so we dont. But kinda pointless to have deposits if they are fully refundable for any reason, just defeats the purpose of what they are for.

Totally see this side of it, and if there's no price increase you'd be perfectly within your rights. Spamming distributors with deposits to get one or more in-demand games then cancelling the "extras" once you get enough machines is not cool. Maybe allow the refund ONCE with a warning that if it happens again you won't be able to take deposits from that person. Seems fair.

#4621 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

But kinda pointless to have deposits if they are fully refundable for any reason, just defeats the purpose of what they are for.

From the consumer perspective it defeats the purpose of what they are for if stern can push back a game for years and charge whatever they want. What do we get out of a deposit other then some priority at an undefined price and time frame. In my mind a deposit should lock in a price and commitment to deliver the game. Stern/distributor are getting and interest free loan.

#4622 1 year ago
    Quoted from JSC:

From the consumer perspective it defeats the purpose of what they are for if stern can push back a game for years and charge whatever they want. What do we get out of a deposit other then some priority at an undefined price and time frame. In my mind a deposit should lock in a price and commitment to deliver the game. Stern/distributor are getting and interest free loan.

thats why you go with a distributor like us then, The interest i "made" on deposits is not enough to get a happy meal, lol, Paypal makes more off of the deposit than i would if i help onto the 100 deposit for a year

#4623 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

The distributor was cool with the refund, and even offered it when they broke the news on the huge price increase.

It's just a BS move by Stern. They ran the 40th edition when they had a backlog of EHOH (at the $8700 price).... they ignore all of those people who paid their deposits for 15 additional months - then push an (almost) $2000 increase.

The price increases are bad enough... but the BS ethics is what will keep me from buying new games from Stern.

#4624 1 year ago
    Quoted from JSC:

I am not waiting on any games (thankfully) but I agree what Stern is doing is bad practice. It’s a money grab. All a deposit does in “Stern world” is reserve a place in line. A deposit for the rest of the world locks in a price.

#4625 1 year ago
    Quoted from JP76:

I am not waiting on any games (thankfully) but I agree what Stern is doing is bad practice. It’s a money grab. All a deposit does in “Stern world” is reserve a place in line. A deposit for the rest of the world locks in a price.

Did not see it mentioned, but a Deposit also locks in one's place in the Backlog Queue of orders received for each game. First in queue, first to receive from allotment received.

#4626 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I can see giving them their deposit back but you should at least charge a fee. $100 - $250 something. It may not be a really big deal to your business now because you can turn around and sell it to someone else waiting but that's not always going to be the case.

Obviously I'm not talking about if someone wants a deposit back due to a price increase.

#4627 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I can see giving them their deposit back but you should at least charge a fee. $100 - $250 something. It may not be a really big deal to your business now because you can turn around and sell it to someone else waiting but that's not always going to be the case.
    Obviously I'm not talking about if someone wants a deposit back due to a price increase.

I don’t think distributors should take deposits at all for a game before that they have price and timing certainty. If they do it should be fully refundable no questions asked IMO.

#4628 1 year ago

Apologies if has been asked already, but any word on Deadpool production? Someone just speculated Dec 2023 on the Stern Enthusiast Facebook page. Can anyone confirm that rumor?

#4629 1 year ago
    Quoted from JSC:

I don’t think distributors should take deposits at all for a game before that they have price and timing certainty. If they do it should be fully refundable no questions asked IMO.

Good concept, but does not hold customers accountable at all - I think GEX uses this model

#4630 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Good concept, but does not hold customers accountable at all - I think GEX uses this model

And who holds stern accountable if they can make the game whenever they feel like at whatever price…or have the nerve to push a game back over a year and use the parts to make a LE 40th anniversary edition instead.

#4631 1 year ago
    Quoted from JSC:

And who holds stern accountable if they can make the game whenever they feel like at whatever price…or have the nerve to push a game back over a year and use the parts to make a LE 40th anniversary edition instead.

They are a business - they come up with a business plan and execute - modify as required. Take it or leave it - they have no responsibility to customers on when/how many they make of each title or the price they charge.

#4632 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Premiums are slated to be run next and next batch or pros isn’t supposed to be happening for a while from what I’ve heard.

Here's a question that has probably been asked and answered, but I can't find it on a thread:

Why would a company run LE's first at a higher price point? Shouldn't an LE being produced first be more prone to glitches not being worked-out, and code being less ready to go at unboxing?

#4633 1 year ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Here's a question that has probably been asked and answered, but I can't find it on a thread:
    Why would a company run LE's first at a higher price point? Shouldn't an LE being produced first be more prone to glitches not being worked-out, and code being less ready to go at unboxing?

More income/profit

#4634 1 year ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

The LE's often aren't run first. Usually the Pros for routes/commercial use go first. Then the LE's because they're 'special'. LE owners would be jerked if they had to wait extra for machines they paid extra money for that have for the most part all the same features as the Premiums.

#4635 1 year ago
    Quoted from njvc:

Apologies if has been asked already, but any word on Deadpool production? Someone just speculated Dec 2023 on the Stern Enthusiast Facebook page. Can anyone confirm that rumor?

Ugh I hope not

#4636 1 year ago
    Quoted from njvc:

Makes sense for Stern to make as many of them as possible.. it’s probably one of their lowest BoM machines and with all the prince increases since release their margin on it has to be superb.

I bought what ended up being an April 2022 premium Deadpool thinking it was their last run and that was my last chance, but wouldn’t be surprised if they have a few more runs left. Doesn’t/wouldn’t bother me, I’m just happy to have one.

#4637 1 year ago

I don't suppose there was any news about the topper schedule included in the info that was sent. A Godzilla reveal would be sweet.

#4638 1 year ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Stern LEs are rarely (never?) run first for at least the past few years. The current order is Location Pros, LE, Premium, Home Pros. The location pros are a relatively small run to get them on location. The LEs are first for home because they cost a fortune and people get their pin first by paying it.

#4639 1 year ago

JDJP still on the line according to #factoryfriday

#4640 1 year ago

A lot of LEs on the market. My buddy hasn’t received his yet so assuming they will be on the line for a couple weeks. People are loosing money on the toy story CEs. I wonder if they will lose on bond at sterns new price?

#4641 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

A lot of LEs on the market. My buddy hasn’t received his yet so assuming they will be on the line for a couple weeks. People are loosing money on the toy story CEs. I wonder if they will lose on bond at sterns new price?

Just like most Stern LEs pre-Covid (ie the normal pinball market), you will likely take a small hit in the short term if you sell. When the code matures into awesomeness, the price will go up.

#4642 1 year ago

In a stable economy A lot of stern les you would lose money on pre Covid. Inflation,
    Stimulus and new demand saved most of that. You use to be able to get black knight, Aerosmith, Munsters all cheaper than msrp for a year or two after release. Shoot, I bought a Deadpool le for 8k just before covid, passed on Munsters le and Aerosmith le for around 7k. Had a heck of time selling my black knight le in the mid 6s. Code was pretty far on all those at the time.

#4643 1 year ago

Cointaker is taking deposits again for Iron Maiden. Any idea when these will hit the line? I suspect March/April but that’s a wild guess.

#4644 1 year ago
    Quoted from madamyates:

Cointaker is taking deposits again for IDMN. Any idea when these will hit the line? I suspect March/April but that’s a wild guess.

Supposedly in May

#4645 1 year ago
    Quoted from madamyates:Cointaker is taking deposits again for Iron Maiden. Any idea when these will hit the line? I suspect March/April but that’s a wild guess.

I put in my deposit through my regular dist. for tentative May build.

#4646 1 year ago
    Quoted from FantaZ:

Just heard from my chosen distributor, that Jurassic Park rumored to be on-line early Q2-2023. And that there is a tremendously large backlog for the JP & Godzilla Premiums. (I realize, rumors don't really mean much, but hey came from a distributor, so at least gives us some hope)

As there should be. Amazing games!

#4647 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But they're squeezing in home pins and other loose ends, so it's not all Bond, all Dec long.
    Here's the Dec part of the schedule from Zach at FlipnOut about a month ago:
    Dec 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pros & Premium (finish earlier run)
    Dec 2022 - LZ Premium (finish earlier run)
    I can only assume it's to use up parts because there's plenty of TMNT and LZ NIB in the wild sitting at dist warehouses right now.

Loose ends confirmed as I got surprise nib GZ prem this week. Interestingly the build date says October 22. Must be a factory goof.

#4648 1 year ago
    Quoted from tkur85:Loose ends confirmed as I got surprise nib GZ prem this week. Interestingly the build date says October 22. Must be a factory goof.

Check On the back side of the playfield and see if it is stamped “display game”

1C268B9B-A0F3-4796-8A73-C5158EFA7243 (resized).jpeg1C268B9B-A0F3-4796-8A73-C5158EFA7243 (resized).jpeg
    #4649 1 year ago

Interesting….

#4650 1 year ago

What's the latest? This is what's known, right?

Jan - Bond
    Feb - ???/EHOH
    Mar - ????
    Apr - ????
    May - ???/IM
    Jun - ???/JP(?)
    July - ????
    Aug - ????
    Sept - ???
    Oct - ????
    Nov - ????
    Dec - ????

There are 8,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.