(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 317.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Still speechless. WOW.
$8795 is hard to swallow, but you only live once right? Fuck it....
Also, I already paid yesterday.

id say for the first time in a long time, you are getting your monies worth on the LE with the added features.

Think about it this way, people who paid 10k for their B66 didnt get a foil cabinet.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

To be fair, they have included a ton of extra stuff on this one... so the price increase makes sense.

I would say they previously stripped back a ton of stuff and now adding a few small things back in.

It is all about perception...

#103 6 years ago

You guys are slow. I had my spot for an LE 3 years ago with my Dist.

#104 6 years ago

I'm comforting myself and my wallet by acknowledging that I would AT LEAST be in for a premium. So at that point,...what's $1500 more? I'm locked in for my LE and honestly couldn't be more goddamn giddy about frivolously tossing around huge wads of cash on a toy.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say they previously stripped back a ton of stuff and now adding a few small things back in.
It is all about perception...

Completely agree. Same with lowering MSRP and raising street prices. Pro looks fantastic though, so hopefully something for everybody if they are interested.

#106 6 years ago

Game stream will be Today @ 3:30 PM Central via Dead Flip:
https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Think about it this way, people who paid 10k for their B66 didnt get a foil cabinet.

Thanks Doc, that actually does make me feel better. It hurts a little, but I'M NOT ALONE.

#108 6 years ago

I just reserved a Premium today... A bit bummed I just can't afford an LE... But, I know I will upgrade my Premium over time to get it more inline with the LE... Which you can't do for the PRO version. Which is why I spent the extra for the Premium. Pro looks amazing though, but I think Premium will have a few more features and modes. And there is a good chance I'll eventually buy a the one backglass of the three that I prefer. Haven't seen the Premium and the LE backglasses yet. But, I might swap mine around. And I know I'lll be installing a shaker motor into my machine too... Eventually... As for now... I'm going to be broke... For a long... Long... Long... LONG TIME!
Also, I looked at the song set... Pretty good. My only two beefs are no Evil that Men Do.... That seems to be a huge omission... And I also would have liked stranger in a strange land... But, all in all a very nice set list for the songs... But, its really Maiden... So you could almost pick it blindfolded and still would have kicked butt.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Also, I looked at the song set... Pretty good. My only two beefs are no Evil that Men Do.... That seems to be a huge omission... And I also would have liked stranger in a strange land... But, all in all a very nice set list for the songs... But, its really Maiden... So you could almost pick it blindfolded and still would have kicked butt.

I already had my share of "run to the hills" for 2 lifetimes, so I'll definitely change at least this one song!

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I already had my share of "run to the hills" for 2 lifetimes, so I'll definitely change at least this one song!

Honestly to me at least Run to the Hills is one of my least favorite of the old school Bruce tracks.... I love the song. It's great. But, give me Revelations or Die with your boots on. I love Rhyme too... But, if its anything like AC DC and you get points for completing songs(I thought you do... could be mistaken), but if you do get points for that... Good luck finishing Rhyme... I just really feel that Evil should have been on there... It's a classic and up until recently was a concert staple... But, oh well... Up the Irons and I can't wait to get mine... Wonder when they'll start to ship.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE will be sold out tomorrow.

I think it is already sold out

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Well... Then I am glad I got my premium cos I heard they're making 500 of premium and 500 LE... But, that's just what the Stern distributor told me... So I could be wrong.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Then I am glad I got my premium cos I heard they're making 500 of premium and 500 LE... But, that's just what the Stern distributor told me... So I could be wrong.

Premiums are unlimited run. They keep making them as long as there are orders.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I just reserved a Premium today... A bit bummed I just can't afford an LE... But, I know I will upgrade my Premium over time to get it more inline with the LE... Which you can't do for the PRO version. Which is why I spent the extra for the Premium. Pro looks amazing though, but I think Premium will have a few more features and modes. And there is a good chance I'll eventually buy a the one backglass of the three that I prefer. Haven't seen the Premium and the LE backglasses yet. But, I might swap mine around. And I know I'lll be installing a shaker motor into my machine too... Eventually... As for now... I'm going to be broke... For a long... Long... Long... LONG TIME!

Same here. Deposit sent. Any of you fellas that have purchased nib before have any idea on a time frame for Premiums rolling out?

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Same here. Deposit sent. Any of you fellas that have purchased nib before have any idea on a time frame for Premiums rolling out?

It takes a while sometimes. They run pro then LE, and premiums last. End of summer maybe?

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

...Stern told IGN that they’ve already entered production for the Pro model of Iron Maiden with the LE to follow in April and the Premium after

#117 6 years ago

I would think 2 to 3 months tops for first Pre's

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

MSRP on recent LE's (SW, GOTG) has been $8999 but street prices were averaging around $8300 around release time. so about a ~$500 price increase.

Are those prices frickin FOR REAL!?

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It is, my post was yesterday LOL

#120 6 years ago

Count me in on this one. The sw would have to be a real turd for me not to grab it. And Alice Cooper too. Those 2 machines I am keeping my eyes on.

No pics on premium yet? Need to see that before paying extra over a premium. I can’t wait to see the differences.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Count me in on this one. The sw would have to be a real turd for me not to grab it. And Alice Cooper too. Those 2 machines I am keeping my eyes on.
No pics on premium yet? Need to see that before paying extra over a premium. I can’t wait to see the differences.

I want to see the differences as well.

At over $12K here in Australia the LE needs to have more than just the upgrades mentioned for me to justify the price right now....I am so all over this pin, just can't make up my mind if the LE will be worth it!!

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I want to see the differences as well.
At over $12K here in Australia the LE needs to have more than just the upgrades mentioned for me to justify the price right now....I am so all over this pin, just can't make up my mind if the LE will be worth it!!

There has never been an LE with more "extras" than this one. The LE gives you Anti-Glare playfield glass, JBL speaker system upgrade with 3 channel amplifier, a mirrrored backglass instead of a translight., LE exclusive inner cab art blades, Brushed foil decal battlefield cabinet art, metallic red poweder-coated side armo, hinges and front lockdown bar; Custom eddie shooter knob, and a shaker motor....what more do you want!?

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Never played it, not biggest fan either, but I think yer right. Prob gonna be looking like that. With that said, I think I'm ok with that. We don't play the LCD, right? Gimmie 4 flippers, lots a beer, and crank those speakers till they bleed!

seriously you are right!
this game is going to rock. maiden is the real deal and this designer got it right for SURE

#124 6 years ago

417904ED-9788-4D6C-AD48-2EED378B5F9B.jpeg417904ED-9788-4D6C-AD48-2EED378B5F9B.jpeg

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

There has never been an LE with more "extras" than this one. The LE gives you Anti-Glare playfield glass, JBL speaker system upgrade with 3 channel amplifier, a mirrrored backglass instead of a translight., LE exclusive inner cab art blades, Brushed foil decal battlefield cabinet art, metallic red poweder-coated side armo, hinges and front lockdown bar; Custom eddie shooter knob, and a shaker motor....what more do you want!?

I understand the extras with regards "add ons". These extras you have listed above are really mods are they not?? All of that can be added to any model.

EDIT: excluding backglass perhaps. Can only presume Stern will release all other "extras" in their shop like shooter rod, inner blades

I was talking more about playfield ans shot extras for the money!! Otherwise the LE may not be worth double the money?

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Wow that’s a lot. But what if the art isn’t as good. I bought the GB premium because it wasn’t green. I am surprised the pics aren’t out.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I understand the extras with regards "add ons". These extras you have listed above are really mods are they not?? All of that can be added to any model.
EDIT: excluding backglass perhaps. Can only presume Stern will release all other "extras" in their shop like shooter rod, inner blades
I was talking more about playfield ans shot extras for the money!! Otherwise the LE may not be worth double the money?

I assume you should be able to add whatever you want at a later date... Even the mirrored backglass perhaps... Sure it won't be signed... But, I bet they will for a little period of time offer a replacement for it... But, I don't like that art design... I think its lame... So I don't want one...
But, I probably will buy the custom shooter rod and also eventually get a shaker motor put into my premium. Not right away... But, those are mods I will be hoping to get. This machine really will empty my pockets for a few months.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Brushed Foil decal cabinet art and backglass are pretty nice ontop of exclusive inner art blades, are all things i would say you couldn't "add" to another game. But we werent talking exclusives. Atleast I wasnt. I was just speaking to Value for the $. Powder coating will run you like 600+ atleast that was what I was quoted at TPF, and then add whatever you consider a real backglass and brushed foil cab art to that (spooky charges 999 for butter art decals.) When you start to count up Antiglare glass (200+), upgraded JBL speakers (150), Shaker (100), exclusive art blades (100), shooter knob (50). its a minimum of 1200 bucks at bare minimum not including cost of unobtainium backglass and foil cabinet art.

Anyways, if you are speaking directly to game functioning items, then yes, the way to go is a premium. If you want the total package, there has never been more value given on an LE. Its much better than powder coating and a different art package as in most sterns

I hope you get to make the best decision for you!

Either way, you can't go wrong! Up the Irons!

Quoted from Bing_Party:

Wow that’s a lot. But what if the art isn’t as good. I bought the GB premium because it wasn’t green. I am surprised the pics aren’t out.

Yeah, I guess we cant really tell. I went with it because when you read the options list, the Premium is gonna be Egyptian themed (powerslave), vs what appears to me as "original battlefield", which means from the original Trooper poster/art. I wanted the trooper, honestly I love the side of the pro! I just didnt dig the translite.

Who else is super excited? That Dead_Flip stream was incredible. Keith hit this one out of the park!!!

I wish you all many hours of joy and entertainment on this new pin!

#129 6 years ago

What stinks is... and I'll have to wait until the art is released. But, I think the cabinet and backglass design I like best is the Pro version... Powerslave was always one of my least favorite covers by Mr. Derek Riggs... I always like Piece of Mind, Killers, Somewhere in Time, and Number better... So I liked the mashup which looked like Riggs version of the Beast of the Beast and also his Somewhere Back in Time tour artwork... Just, not my cup of tea powerslaves art... I'll wait and see... But, I had a feeling I'd like the aesthetics of the pro model better than the one I got. Only reason I got premium is because it'll have more game features and modes. It has the ramp lifting up, and the different ball locks and other features...

#130 6 years ago

Powerslave was released when I got into metal music. So I am definitely leaning towards the premium anyways cause of extra toys. Powerlave is my favorite album (piece of mind is right behind) so that premium may be the way for me to go. I still gotta see it and play it. I will wait about 8 months for 2nd big sw release. Kiss gets stuck in my head

#131 6 years ago

Does anyone actually know when they are to release the artwork/images for the Prem/LE? Today??

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Does anyone actually know when they are to release the artwork/images for the Prem/LE? Today??

That would be nice, I presume they haven't already because of licensing or something maybe the artwork?

#133 6 years ago

Base Pro 5,600

To get to LE-
Mostly achievable: 1,170
Armor 500
Glass 270
Speakers 150
Shaker 90
Shooter rod 80
Art blades 80

Not really achievable:
Gameplay upgrades, Backglass, foil cabinet, limited supply, autographs

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Not really achievable:
Gameplay upgrades, Backglass, foil cabinet, limited supply, autographs

In trying to justify the not achievable portion: add hype, pride of ownership and exclusivity. These are sometimes rolled into as goodwill.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I assume you should be able to add whatever you want at a later date... Even the mirrored backglass perhaps... Sure it won't be signed... But, I bet they will for a little period of time offer a replacement for it... But, I don't like that art design... I think its lame... So I don't want one...
But, I probably will buy the custom shooter rod and also eventually get a shaker motor put into my premium. Not right away... But, those are mods I will be hoping to get. This machine really will empty my pockets for a few months.

Stern is extremely tight about its LE only items! Brushed foil cab art, mirrored Back glass & red armor will never be offered for purchase unless you are an Le owner and can prove that something is broken or damaged and in most cases they want the damaged item back. I new a guy a few years ago who broke his BIBLE back glass, Stern had one left but he had to send them the broken pieces to prove his was broken.
As for the shooter rod and art blades i was told they were LE only, we will see. The LE only JBL sound system (speakers & EQ) I would imagine could be purchased or just buy some other speaker upgrade. The shaker and invisa glass can be purchased at any time.

#136 6 years ago

Just got confirmation I'm joining the club with my first ever LE. Now just the patient wait until May.

#137 6 years ago

I'm in with a Pro. Can't wait.

#138 6 years ago

I've ordered the pro and cant wait. Just not blown away with the translight artwork, was hoping for a vintage cover like Killers or piece of mind. I hope someone out there will make these for sale in future. Some blades with the padding artwork from piece of mind would be kick ass as well.

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg

$_6 (resized).JPG$_6 (resized).JPG

#139 6 years ago

Yeah, I’m not to excited about the pro translight. Just a bunch of different eddies crammed in with a slanted Iron Maiden. I think a album cover would be the way to go and I’m sure there will be plenty to choose from.

#140 6 years ago

Will admit I'm surprised/wee bit sad that the Evil That Men Do didn't make it. I knew my other bestest on that lp the Clairvoyant wasn't gonna make it but was hopin on that too.
Pinball Browser will make this one. And nobody that ever comes to my house will ever even know cause they don't give a shit about Iron Maiden or pinball. Losers.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Will admit I'm surprised/wee bit sad that the Evil That Men Do didn't make it. I knew my other bestest on that lp the Clairvoyant wasn't gonna make it but was hopin on that too.
Pinball Browser will make this one. And nobody that ever comes to my house will ever even know cause they don't give a shit about Iron Maiden or pinball. Losers.

You’re a spaz (like me) and most of the time you get it (I always get it... heh not really). Keep it up Gryszz, keep it up!

Is it April yet? I want to flip my four flippers game that has flow designed by a dude that’s been completing pinball machines for 2-3 decades.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I've ordered the pro and cant wait. Just not blown away with the translight artwork, was hoping for a vintage cover like Killers or piece of mind. I hope someone out there will make these for sale in future. Some blades with the padding artwork from piece of mind would be kick ass as well.

On the bright side. It's only a translight. So it should be pretty easy to make what ever you want for it or wait till the flood of alternative translights to come out.

#143 6 years ago

I don't think i've ever been this psyched about a NIB pin, and there have been some good ones. I'm so glad this band is getting the treatment it deserves. I hope it delivers the experience like an Iron Maiden concert. I like the song list. Can't go wrong with those tracks, I just wish it had a few more tracks from my favorite Maiden album: Somewhere In Time.

I think I read somewhere that the LE is going to be themed on that album? I will never be able to own an LE, but i'll be happy with a Powerslave-themed Premium.

#144 6 years ago

LE description sounds like Trooper.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

The main issue is Derek Riggs and Iron Maiden parted ways years ago. He was the artist that shaped Iron Maiden in the 80s-early 90s. If Zombie Yeti channels Riggs (Killers, Number of the Beast, Powerslave) then it will be a hit. If they don't I think it will be a miss and lose a lot of the nostalgia vibe. They could put the Killers album cover as the backglass and it would be perfect.

"Killers" art literally changed my life when I was a child! That would for sure be the ultimate backglass!

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I ordered an le. Was told le pics will be out in two weeks. They will start making le's in April after the first run of pros is done. Told I would get my le in 8 weeks.

#147 6 years ago

I sent my deposit in today for an LE which will be my first LE machine. I have not been this excited for a pinball machine ever. My favorite metal band of all time designed into a pinball machine with some of the greatest album artwork ever created. Quite honestly I believe I will enjoy this over my AC/DC, Metallica, and Aerosmith combined. The song list is incredible and all encompassing. I’m sure everyone has a song they wish was on the machine that’s not included. Mine would be the “The Prisoner”. Song would go great with a captive ball toy?! I’ve been going to their concerts for a long time. I’m going to video my unboxing of this beast while wearing my Aces high tee shirt! Up the irons! Great Job Stern!

#148 6 years ago

I gotta say its really nice when Stern gets it right and ur excited about a new pin and its only 2 or 3 weeks till its in ur house from the reveal. I'm starting think this might make the best translite, but I really hope someone makes them all in high quality. This is a pin I will never part with so no problem having multiple translite's to suit my mood, thats how choose underpants based on mood and it hasn't failed me yet.

iron-maiden-powerslave-5913 (resized).jpgiron-maiden-powerslave-5913 (resized).jpg

#149 6 years ago

any update of Prem Artwork. I really want to see if before I commit to a pro.

#150 6 years ago

I feel like Stern has this planned as a rolling thunder type of operation to unveil photos apart from each other to purposely keep the hype going. Or they just don't have approvals on the final art package for the other two models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.