(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11411 1 year ago

Hey all-
Quick Qs - what are the different order/approach to getting the 6 combo and how the heck do I do Mystery to get a Ph treasure?

Instead of burying my question in a long story I thought would pose it first. The story I have a temporary trade with my buddy for Maiden and I didn’t wanna read any rules or watching a YouTube videos so as to not enjoy the exploration of a pin- I have 100 threads star’s but purposefully did not add or look at this thread. I can get to beast and get 5-7 treasures but now running short on temp trade timing (prob less than month before I lose this beauty- although it’s def a re- acquisition target as soon as I can expand my collection space). Anyway, RTTH seems impossible so wondering if those 2 tomb treasures could be something I achieve (my own attempts on combo are like 2% successful)
Thank you as always pinside

#11415 1 year ago
Quoted from ZodiacMunch:

I think a lot depends on how reliably you can live catch the feed from the right orbit. I find that when I hit the big loop, the return is too fast for me to catch reliably, so I leave that to last. But if that's not true for you, probably putting both loops early in the combo would make sense. Almost always mini-loop first, since it's the most difficult shot and really difficult with the ball at speed.
mini-loop->left ramp->right ramp->right orbit->left-inner orbit->big loop is what I normally do, but I don't think it is ideal.
If you are aiming for RTTH, I'd highly recommend just reading the rule sheet. I don't think you're really spoiling anything if you don't read about what you do in RTTM itself, and there is some information I think you're much better off knowing. (e.g. it is important to wait on collecting the 2MTM jackpot to get a 2x jackpot, since that is how you get a level 2 eddie card)
Rulesheet:
http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787
I'm not sure what you mean about Mystery->tomb treasure. You can collect a soul shard, which will light a tomb treasure, by collecting a level 3 mystery award after completing 2MTM. You can only do this once, and it is not strictly necessary. But if you miss collecting a soul shard on a mode, it can make up for that.

Thanks so much for taking time to respond! My live catch is ok not great. I like the suggestion for order- will start doing that. Didn’t really understand the double eddy card (would get sometimes but not know)- will read up. So I thought one of would shards was awarded from Mystery but see on list that’s not case. On 3 balls normal settings RTTH seems nuts to be able to reach!
Thanks again!

#11419 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

It's always interesting to see how other people approach the 6-way. I tend to do the mini-loop, inner left orbit, and then the big loop as my first three simply because I find I tend to hit the loop early/late if I'm anxious and that one is "unrecoverable" if you miss. (Technically it is not "unrecoverable" as you can roll a ball up the right flipper and backhand something that gets up there--I just find that unreasonable to expect. Same goes for the mini-loop which you can rattle a bad shot off the left of the Mummy captive ball getting it to not register for a shot at the mini-loop.) The ramps and right orbit are highly makeable shots and if you're strong enough to be attempting the 6-way those should be nearly automatic. So I guess given you have the most difficult one out of the way first (mini-loop) it makes sense to me to do the only one you have to one-time (big loop) as early as possible.

Fair points. I think the big trade off of big loop 3rd is the massive speed you create (per zodiac comment) and whether that decreases your probability of success (getting back under control).

4 weeks later
#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

What is it about Iron Maiden's ramps that makes them so hard to hit? I just got a Metallica and I can hit the ramps almost at will. On Maiden I'm like 2/10 for the left ramp and at best 50/50 for the right.

This may make no sense but I have a strong mental timing corrector for maiden that I don’t have for most. Eg the left ramp I flip a quarter second later than my brain wants to do- and almost aim for left side of opening through pops. For right ramp it is an earlier flip. I don’t do this in most other games but it works for Maiden (prob 8/10 left ramp, and 6-7/10 for right).

3 weeks later
#11647 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

100%! I think you hit the nail on the head.

Quoted from rai:

Well said.
I have had the opportunity to have bought Pro, Premium and LEs. If money wasn't any issue would probably have got the LEs.
I sometimes look at the cost and will weigh how many other pins I am getting or selling to make the math work out.
I have Met pro and TWD pro both play faster and have less ball interactive features (more simple) and I love both. I look at Maiden the same way, Met premium has the hammer lock, the pro has a virtual lock and the game doesn't slow down for it. Maiden the sarcophagus lock and the lift ramp scoop. I feel like the pro is totally fine but at this point I am also looking for the premium because I like the extra touches that make the game more interactive.

Agree all around. As Pros go, this, maybe SW, DP are some that I would say have the least gap between pro and premium (everything but price)

On LE discussion- LEs seem to hold resale value better. Idk if that’s very recent trend or just my non data driven imagination…but otherwise I agree Premium usually gets it done. Although it’s like business class on a plane- you get upgraded once by chance and then when you go back to Economy it seems worse than when you left it.

#11648 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I always buy premium, imdn was my first pro and I love how fast and furious it is.
Next To it lives my JP prem and the trex was cool for the first 100 games and now I just want the ball back, by pressing both flippers you can recall it and I do it 95% of the time.
If the cab in JP pro was not so disgustingly cheap looking I would be looking at selling my prem and getting A pro.

Even with raptor pen difference! I think that is really cool.
Such a close dangerous spot- to get that ball locked and then to use it to extend timer etc can be really fun. Kinda agree on T. rex. But anyone who comes over LOVEs the T. rex so I’ll keep my Premium just for seeing their smiles

#11649 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

I played both first. Extensively.
I got tired of waiting for the sarc mech. It just doesn't fit in with the way I personally like to play and my biggest frustration with a lot of premiums. The mechs are cool to watch when I'm in the mood and fun to show off but day-to-day it's an interruption to a fast and furious flow and another thing to break. Maiden is far from the worst offender and at least adds some interesting shot decisions in trade but it just loses it's charm for me after awhile.
All that said when someone prefers the premium that's totally fine. My typical playstyle and priorities are not universal. I hop on every chance I get to play a premium. When I find them on location I often end up walking right past other games to shovel quarters. It's a nice change of pace and GOAT level in either trim. If I actually bothered to rate games I'd probably have them as 1 & 2.
I did add the premium sculpts because they're awesome. If the premium lightshow and/or art were $$ options for the pro I would have considered it.

You know when the Premium is better? When you drinking beers. Lots of opportunities.

3 months later
#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Man this game is tough! I can’t seem to find the ramps and that left out lane just gobbles the ball up!
What pitch are you all running with?

My approach is to
1) obviously always nudge (not just forward but anticipate where it will hit - nick top of sling, post, left Outlane wall on fly, above Outlane- and figure out whether a left, right forward, shimmy or other is optimal to minimize drain. Remember the machine slides under the ball in direction you nudge, and ball goes opposite way)

2) I’m pretty obsessed with Revive. If it ain’t lit, I’m pounding the left spinner. Similar to JP I always need protection for the effing left Outlane.

1 week later
#11958 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Holy shitake mushrooms batman! This game rocks! Just picked up one of these in a 3 month temporary trade for my Deadpool and the gameplay is awesome on this. I'm even warming up to the music. Looking forward to learning the code on this one. Hope the wife doesn't mind me starting the kids off as metal heads.
[quoted image]

DP is great but you may end up trying to make the 3 month temp trade a permanent one!

1 month later
#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I don't think I've ever collected a soul shard so I'm going to say I don't blow up modes - probably best for me to try Rob's method above with doing the modes alone so I can actually finish them. That might open up more points. What are the "sucker shots":

Yeh I never stack because enjoy progression as well. Trying to get soul shards is so stressful with the count down- I love it.

Quoted from NoSkills:

The deadend shot from the mini flipper, above the loop. It has a red insert that says super jackpot

Yeh and for a short, relatively unsatisfying shot by itself, it does feel pretty good when you nail the SJ. It’s like a bang-bang (mini flipper flip to target hit in under a second).

#12220 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I wish to add an Elwin to the lineup: I have loved Maiden since a boy, but think Godzilla rocks. It is gonna be a Prem. Now that I hear Stern is retooling the line to produce Maidens for a month this Spring, I think I should do it......but damn Godzilla is fun. What should I do?

Trick question is literally doesn’t matter. Both incredible. You’ll trade one for the other in 6-12-18 months. Easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.