(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12223 1 year ago

Hoping to join this club in Mid 2023...

1 month later
#12470 1 year ago

Put money down on a premium today for the next run. Excited for this one - will fit my lineup very well.

3 weeks later
#12607 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New flipper protectors installed. Look great with the Metallic lettering.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - just placed an order. Thank you!

1 week later
#12667 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Ok...need some opinions! I know it's always personal taste/situation. NIB pro for 6700 or wait and pay the 10k for premium when I can get one. Not that the extra 3k is chump change but i can swing it. I have only played the pro a few times. Love the theme and the game.
Thanks

I was in the same boat as you. This is most likely the last run of IM, so I decided to go with the Premium. It's the complete game and what Elwin intended. Quite the difference in price, but I won't be buying too many more games in the future so I can justify it. Hoping it stays on schedule and Looking forward to May.

#12668 1 year ago

oops double post

1 week later
#12746 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Alrighty! February was rough with everyone here at home getting sick, but finished my alternative paint offering prototype for the Anubis statue (along with the last Clairvoyant updates). I'll be completing my dedicated IMDN project thread this evening along with details on purchasing this one and the Clairvoyant.
Note: If anyone that bought my previous color scheme for the Anubis wants this updated version, shoot me a DM.

The painted version looks very nice - just placed my preorder. Great job!

#12757 1 year ago

Thinking I’m going to go the mirror blade route for my upcoming Premium. I see for newer Stern games they offer both screw-in or 3m style. Anyone with preferences? Looking for the best deal out there…

2 weeks later
#12817 1 year ago

Any chance Stern could/would update to using optical spinners for the next run? Seems like the time to do so…

#12819 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

They never change the bom.
Gotg still came with service pegs instead of rails even on the last run

gotcha - thanks for the info.

3 weeks later
#12898 12 months ago

I also have a Maiden Prem on order. My best guess is end of May into early June. Always good to pad a week or so to the current schedules to keep expectations in check.

#12903 12 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:Gosh.
Early June for shipping alerts?
Drat.

Please Don't hold me to it - I always just assume issues/delays to avoid disappointment. I work in chicagoland Mfg, and its getting better since the pandemic, but nothing is easy these days. For all I know they may have all the parts in house and will hit Mid May. Hope so!

#12952 11 months ago

FYI - Next run pushed out from May to June.

3 weeks later
#13041 11 months ago

Can’t find it on his site

#13043 11 months ago

Just emailed him - thank you!

#13045 11 months ago

Here you go

I'm going to just wait until Stern (hopefully) makes more.

1 week later
#13096 10 months ago

Sleal16 out of TX -
See the “Cheko's Iron Maiden Mods“ thread

1 week later
#13121 10 months ago

No shaker or HD glass included

I went with mirror blades as I wasn’t t too impressed with the art blade options. Been stockpiling various mods in high anticipation for my new premium as well.

#13236 10 months ago

Getting close - Just got my request for payment for my Premium.

#13259 10 months ago

Having a good week - A used Iron Maiden Aces High topper just fell in my lap!

#13261 10 months ago

yeah - Keeping an eye on the marketplace daily helps a ton.

#13270 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Nice, was that the $2500 one listed in the marketplace? I’m glad I grabbed one when they were announced even those it doesn’t do anything. Would have been cool if Eddie rotated left and right in the cockpit and there was a spinning prop at the front or something. Anyway, it’s a sweet topper!
[quoted image]

No no no - I didn’t not buy that one here at $2,500. That one is still available. I Paid far less than that. It’s not fact just yet that stern is going to do an another run soon so I grabbed one while I could.

#13274 10 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Why pay $2500 for the Aces High Topper?
They’re going back into production 3rd quarter of this year.
We’re taking preorders for them now with a $100 deposit.
$999.99 plus shipping
Send me a PM if you’d like to order one.

I stand corrected then! Glad to see them doing another run.

#13331 10 months ago

With the Aces High Topper arriving tomorrow, I have a decent amount of tasteful mods n things to add. Always exciting when a new pin is about to find its home.

IMG_1330 (resized).jpegIMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
#13345 10 months ago

Showed up just in time.

IMG_1337 (resized).jpegIMG_1337 (resized).jpeg
#13385 10 months ago

Darn those temp workers…

#13394 10 months ago

Picking up my Premium Tomorrow.

Excited is an understatement....

#13407 9 months ago

Beautiful day for a very short road trip out west to pick her up

IMG_1343 (resized).jpegIMG_1343 (resized).jpegIMG_1344 (resized).jpegIMG_1344 (resized).jpegIMG_1345 (resized).jpegIMG_1345 (resized).jpegIMG_1346 (resized).jpegIMG_1346 (resized).jpeg
#13412 9 months ago

Yep it was Hemispheres! I have to go back next Friday as we forgot to load my HD glass. Set it up and Added some stuff and ready to go. Still some more work to do but very happy so far.

IMG_1349 (resized).jpegIMG_1349 (resized).jpeg
#13414 9 months ago

Turned on game just now and the Upper right flipper does not work at all. All the others do. Any Suggestions on where to start? It does activate in coil test.
It did just work for a minute or so just now but went dead again. Quite odd.

#13416 9 months ago

Yeah it was the leaf switches. Seems to be working now - thank you!
Still need to tweak that orb shot - that doesn’t register all the time and I know this is a known issue. The dreaded spoon so I’ve read…. Ugh

Started another game and not the upper right is not working again. Im lost on what is wrong haha

#13421 9 months ago

Thank you! I like my band pins!

#13427 9 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Maiden Premium being my first pinball machine I picked up the machine yesterday and everything was working well yesterday and earlier today. I installed a shaker motor this morning and now the vibration at game start is causing a switch to activate before I select a song. I'm also now having problems with manual and auto plunges hitting the rubber post on the target just below the upper loop (jinxed myself by saying it was working well earlier today).
I will pull the glass tomorrow when I install my art blades and test the switches while hitting the playfield to cause vibration to see which switch is causing the problem per someone's suggestion. I also found a video that some here posted to youtube on how to adjust the shooter lane guide to fix the plunge issue. I just hope that it won't continue to require constant adjusting.

You are not alone. Same with me - installed some stuff and also now not plunging up the orbit and hitting the same spot as you. Could be as simple as the scoop protector I put in, the auto plunge not lining up properly, or the guide rail needs a quick tweak.
Very normal for NIB pins to need some tweaking. Lots of good info here, and you’ll be running smoothly in no time.

#13432 9 months ago

Great catch Kevin! I’ll take a look at mine today and give that a shot. Thank you for the tip!

#13434 9 months ago

It is a damn good game! Very impressed so far and having a blast dialing it in.

#13442 9 months ago

That’s odd. Mine came with a ton of extra plastics / decals. Is it stapled to the cab with the booklet?

#13450 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Today's the day! Premium showing up this afternoon. Gonna put a few games on it then start putting in these accumulated goodies... [quoted image]

Oooh you have that nice Eddie from a few years back - tried to find that one but I’m not paying $175. I went with the newer 8” one for $35 and will have to maneuver him just right to get him to fit in there.

#13453 9 months ago

Your game is gonna look sweet man!

#13476 9 months ago

Blown away by this game. Really everything about it works for me. It’s Fast, fun, flow is outstanding, cool animations, and the callouts and sounds are kickass. Never paid much attention to their tunes growing up, but gotta say they’re not too bad! It’s rockin and it’s got an edge to it and it works well with pinball.

It’s cool to have another band pin in my lineup, but this one has cool dark and moody battle theme behind it which is far different than all of my other pins.

#13478 9 months ago

Sounds like you are in the right track - well done! As for the dimples - it’s part of the game and I don’t worry about them one bit. Some may say to put on playfield Protectors which cover the entire playfield - kinda like grandmas old plastic couch - not for me. Let it Go natural!

#13520 9 months ago

HD Glass - it’s a must-have - I just can’t play a game without it anymore…

IMG_1367 (resized).jpegIMG_1367 (resized).jpeg
#13521 9 months ago

…And poor Eddie just got his chains

IMG_1364 (resized).jpegIMG_1364 (resized).jpeg
#13572 9 months ago

Am I hearing things or is the jet plane sound for the bonus at the end of the ball the exact same sound clip from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”?

#13599 9 months ago

There’s a loyalty program out there if you have the right distro and have bought a few games. Just gotta be at Right place at the right time.

#13613 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The Egyptian topper that matches the premium probably won't be rerun, just the aces high one. You'll have to look at 3rd party or custom ones.

I was told the exact opposite when I picked up my premium last week. The Egyptian Topper is what is supposedly being ran this fall @ $999. The Aces High topper was made to match up with the LE model and is not going to be re-run.

#13615 9 months ago

Who knows at this point... Both are ok toppers - nothing too fancy about them.

#13621 9 months ago

8” figures are far too big for pinball machines IMO

#13622 9 months ago

Have an official Stern Plunger for sale if anyone is interested. PM me - $60 includes shipping.
Update - sold
IMG_1375 (resized).jpegIMG_1375 (resized).jpeg

#13628 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've had two Maiden Premiums now and played many hundreds if not a thousand games and never had the ball get stuck where it did tonight:
[quoted image]
Time to get something made up to prevent a repeat in another thousand games.

Odd you mentioned this - same happened to me 2 days ago. I’m sure something can be done to eliminate this spot.

1 week later
#13759 9 months ago

I had this magnet made to replace the IC sticker

IMG_1412 (resized).jpegIMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
#13772 9 months ago

Not the greatest design by any means.
Having intermittent issues w mine as well since day 1….
Just so I’m understanding, the top leaf is supposed to be resting on the middle leaf and the middle leaf is just supposed to be a smidge above the bottom leaf (but obviously not touching)? Getting Lots of phantom hits as well as you say.
I also notice that on a solid hit, the orb ball gets stuck in that smacked position leaning back. Have to hit it again to get it to pop back to normal position.

#13787 9 months ago

You’re off a little bit - move it a tad to the right so the dot underneath is in the center.

#13795 9 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Has anyone replaced the graphic around the QR code reader? Wondering if anyone has done a DIY or knows of a vendor that sells a graphic for this area? Thanks.[quoted image]

Interested as well…

#13821 8 months ago

Been a hit with the buddies. Finished all of my mods and it’s playing great. Couldn’t be happier - great fast and fun game.

#13825 8 months ago

After trying the official Stern plunger, I Ended up going with this guy. Added some gloss clearcoat and pretty happy with the results.

IMG_1427 (resized).jpegIMG_1427 (resized).jpeg

#13828 8 months ago

Yeah a Little bit of pooling occurred, but I wanted a little gloss to it. Looks better in person.

#13870 8 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

FYI for new owners, the Eddie in chains figure is $35 at Target. I know it’s kind of huge, but I’m hoping to at least steal the chains for using on my existing Premium figure.
Anyone come up with anything cool for replacing the bumper caps with actual padding?
https://www.target.com/p/iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-8-34-clothed-figure/-/A-89029300

Yeah That figure is way too big. I just bought a used broken one off of ebay for 15 bucks and knicked the chains off of it and put them on the Eddie that came with the game.

#13886 8 months ago

Agreed. Hell, I knew nothing about pinball a couple years ago and just dove in. No need to be concerned - I’m a ‘Homer Simpson spice rack’ type of fixer upper and I’ve had no major issues. Pretty much Every NIB game will need a little tweaking. Just can’t be afraid to turn a screwdriver every now and then. It’s been a fun learning experience thanks to the fine folk on here. Just do it - dive in with no hesitation- you’ll thank us down the road.

#13889 8 months ago

Ooooh you got your Gus! Nice to see….

I’d like to recommend Pinmonks gel inserts - every one he makes especially the new blue lightning bolt - looks way better than the White and makes the playfield really pop.
Basically must-have items (sorry for spending your money haha)

IMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
#13902 8 months ago

I went with the regular mirror blades - very happy with the results.

IMG_1448 (resized).jpegIMG_1448 (resized).jpeg
#13910 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that my bracket for the mode lights? If so, it's either put on wrong or I put it together wrong. The colors are in the wrong places. Fear's color is Rime, and Rime is fears.

Yeah that’s the one I got from you. I think there was only one way to install it so things line up, no?

#13911 8 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Apron looks nice. What did you use to print the IC graphic on? How did you affix it to the opening? I was looking at removable/printable vinyl but wondering if that's necessary?

Ordered it from a fellow pinsider. Just a glossy sticker. Very happy with the results. Hate that red insider sticker!

#13942 8 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Looks like the next round of toppers is ready! Just got a notice that my order is ready to ship from the dealer.

Aces High or Egypt?

#13944 8 months ago

Cool topper. That’s the one I have - Nice score.

#13956 8 months ago

Hemispheres Amusements has Aces High Toppers if anyone needs one. I’d reach out today if you want one.

#13998 8 months ago

#14003 8 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

John-Floyd - I was hoping this would be the topper Stern was going to make this year, but sounds like it is only the Aces High topper. The Egyptian themed topper would be my pick to go on my Premium. Do you have both?

No I only have the Aces High Topper. Both toppers are fairly basic, and I agree that the Egypt one does tie in with the theme better. I'm happy with the Aces High though - its something different and I'd say the pin has enough of a Egyptian theme going on as is.

4 months later
#15019 4 months ago

New minor patch update for Maiden today

#15070 4 months ago

Well done - You’ll get em next time Kevin!

IMG_4905 (resized).jpegIMG_4905 (resized).jpeg
#15086 4 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

That was weird....sitting here watching TV and my IM Premium just made a sound and it said "Slam Tilt" on the screen and then rebooted itself. No one has played for over 2 hours. There was no active game in progress and this happened while in attract mode. Weird! Any idea what may have caused that?

Same exact thing happened with my RUSH game this past weekend! Weird.

1 month later
#15197 89 days ago

the last used STERN Egypt Topper Sold for around $2,500 If I remember correctly.

2 weeks later
#15310 73 days ago

Anyone wish to create and sell me a cool Iron Maiden action button surround magnet decal? Feel free to pm me - thanks

#15314 73 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You got an action button installed John?

Yeah I bought the kit from pinball life. It can be used to start a game and lights up cool to plunge.

IMG_2042 (resized).jpegIMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
#15332 71 days ago

The black looks good - I ended up going with red. glad to see that ugly yellow gone for good.

4 weeks later
#15506 41 days ago

Very cool - I’d be interested in one of those shooters as well

1 week later
#15548 33 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Hey guys, good news. Jeff is new to the forum but is going to make a few of the Powerslave shooter rods he did for my machine for the community. Obviously, he's got some skill in crafting these types of sculpts so if you're all nice to him then maybe we'll see some designed for other games in the future but he's just testing how these do for now. Give him feedback or ask him questions. I'm certain he'll be happy to answer once he learns to navigate the site.
@Jeff667

Ordered - thanks for the heads up!

#15605 27 days ago

Jeff667 - Couldn’t be happier with what you made for me and BY FAR the coolest one I have seen for Maiden. The details are amazing and you do great work - Thank you!

Give this guy a shout if you are looking for one of these - I believe he is doing a few more to see how things go. My pics have a blacklight effect but it looks outstanding in natural lighting.
IMG_2128 (resized).jpegIMG_2128 (resized).jpegIMG_2129 (resized).jpegIMG_2129 (resized).jpegIMG_2130 (resized).jpegIMG_2130 (resized).jpeg

#15611 26 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Same here, this is some fantastic work! Goes with the prem and this trans perfectly.

It definitely is the biggest shooter I own, but it is badass! Think I need to change to a stronger spring tho after putting this one in.

#15616 24 days ago

I went through Amazon - search under “Joy carpet florescent”

#15626 23 days ago

Quick shipping from Amazon too - says 1-2 weeks but my order shipped out 2 days later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=john-floyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.