(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5915 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I don't know why you would want new coils. You'd just have to solder them on anyway. Just resolder them.

Looks like the coil lug came right off the coil. Def gonna want new coils, put new coil stops in too while you're at it.

1 week later
#5961 4 years ago

I'm in the club!

IMG_20200129_171039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_171039 (resized).jpg
#5966 4 years ago

Got it setup today before work. Man this game is even more beautiful in person, Zombie killed it! I'm going to have to bring a game downstairs to keep it company though. I think TNA will look nice beside her
IMG_20200130_135026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_135026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_135030 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_135030 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_153838 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_153838 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_154128 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_154128 (resized).jpg

maiden date (resized).jpgmaiden date (resized).jpg
#5980 4 years ago

I got a chance to to put a few games on it and managed to crack a billion today. I've played my buddies Pro probably 20 times sporadically, but now that I own it, I pretty much have all the rules figured out. I managed to get 2mtm in this game, think I got cyborg multi twice in the same game too.

I had 3 cards lit one game, and drained while 2mtm was lit...ouch.
IMG_20200201_222643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_222643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_223013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_223013 (resized).jpg

#5984 4 years ago

Def not the normal legs, mine are black and same build date.

#5985 4 years ago

I've tried to find it in the thread already, but are there known bugs or issues with the left ramp tomb lock on the premium/LE? I've had a few instances, especially when there is alot going on during multiball where the game doesn't realize there is a ball sitting behind the tomb lock plastic waiting to be released. It will eventually release after a ball search or 3 after all the other balls drain.

#5989 4 years ago

I'd ask them for the proper legs, my guess is they'll just let you keep those purple legs too.

#5990 4 years ago

Looks like this might be my answer possibly? Possibly it's getting stuck on that switch for a bit, and then rolling over to the plastic that stops it from leaving, which inturn confuses the game...

"Sounds like the ball is getting stuck on the switch behind the back panel. You may have to bend it down slightly to allow the ball to pass on a slow roll." - Keith

#5993 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Looks like this might be my answer possibly? Possibly it's getting stuck on that switch for a bit, and then rolling over to the plastic that stops it from leaving, which inturn confuses the game...
"Sounds like the ball is getting stuck on the switch behind the back panel. You may have to bend it down slightly to allow the ball to pass on a slow roll." - Keith

It's def that switch behind the backboard, it happens in single ball play now too. Will adjust.

#6005 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just ordered a Iron Maiden Pro, really wanted to get a premium but the mixed reviews with out of the box adjustments scared me off. I dont mind tinkering but If I had to do it fesh out the box I would be un happy.

I just got a premium and my buddy in town owns the pro. I had the extra cash to snag a premium and I'm SUPER happy with it so far, however the PRO is freakin awesome too, you will not be disappointed

#6032 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man, i gotta share this with somebody. Best game yet on Maiden in the 1-2 years of ownership. Probably a solid 30 min game. Still havent defeated the beast (got him down to 3hp this game) and still no RTTH. But man, best game yet! I can go weeks without getting initials on my machine anymore, but got 11 high scores in this one game - what a killer game! Here’s a few highlights:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sick score, tripled my best so far, but something to shoot for

#6033 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Initially had a pro, sold, coming back for a premium. The pf issues were not yet an issue but haven’t kept up if it has impacted IMDN at all.
Am I good buying a huo local or newer?
Any help appreciated - pm fine.
Thanks all.

My premium is new as of Jan 22. My playfield looks ok so far. But I have many of the same issues that needed to be fixed. Auto launch, upper loop not registering fast shots, phantom orb hits, left ramp switch behind backboard needed adjusting...

Game is awesome anyhow, and I knew what I was getting into. Only thing I was really worried about was playfield chipping/bulging and that seems ok so far but it's still pretty fresh....

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Yes the white insert is definitely lit for Eddie letter. This happens even from the start of a game when all Eddie shots are lit.

Switch not catching it, happens to my game once in awhile too, including missing the lock shot sometimes. Issue is probably the same or similar as the upper loop shots missing.

#6073 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Probably the best first ball, I've had yet. No score-wise, but progress.
Got Mummy card, one orbit shot away from Cyborg, and about to start fifth mode.
I had to go out, so I'll finish the game when I get back, but my main obstacle now isthe Trooper card.
I'm pretty confident I will get 2M2M, so only card that stands between me and NOTB is Trooper.
How do you go about lighting it again the second time around? I collected the jackpot up the center ramp after clearing the stand ups the first time around. Is that progress saved if I start it again?
I have no idea why I struggle with this mode so much. I usually hit that center jackpot and then I hit all of the lit targets except for one or two.
there are other times I have played it and I seem to collect the card within about 10 to 15 seconds. I definitely don't think I am hitting all the shots in that time. so I'm really confused as to how I do this card.[quoted image]

All you need to do for Trooper card is hit the SUPER JACKPOT shot after a few regular jacks. The super jack is the little dead end shot with the upper left flipper. Or you can hit it with the lower left flipper too.

#6075 4 years ago

How many jackpots before the colours change?

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787

Collecting 3 Jackpots lights the first Super Jackpot at that dead end shot.

#6077 4 years ago

1up at 1212am

IMG_20200217_001154 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_001154 (resized).jpg
#6081 4 years ago

Holy shit! How do you get a score like that on ball 2?

That was my score after ball 1 Had a good cyborg at 378mill that game, got the level 2 card even.

#6083 4 years ago

Even with the cyborg, there's still like 600M points you picked up. What else were you doing to get that?
Did you get to NOTB? And what was your final score?

I have not made it to NOTB yet, I've had 3 cards lit a bunch of times but choked

I don't have a ton of time on the game yet, but the key is alot of practice, full knowledge of the entire ruleset and for Maiden in particular I think being able to nail the left and right ramps consistently really helps you progress

Ended up with like 1.2bill and died with 2mtm open and ready. I did get Can I play with madness mode that game.

#6085 4 years ago

What's your GC? I had all cards lit recently, and just needed to time out 2M2M to start NOTB, and I drained with like 20 seconds to go.
But even there, my score was just over 900M.

Gotta use your multipliers, and do good in the modes. Also I am not your average player, but I'm no Elwin or Ray or Bowen either...
26d96eda0cb88c021ebc8ead336a0c8c31676f03 (resized).jpg26d96eda0cb88c021ebc8ead336a0c8c31676f03 (resized).jpg

#6086 4 years ago

IMG_20200214_223427 (resized).jpgIMG_20200214_223427 (resized).jpg

She wants a Stern Jurassic Park to go beside it. How can I say no

#6093 4 years ago

I framed the 5x7 Stern card that came with Maiden, looks good.

IMG_20200219_113240 (resized).jpgIMG_20200219_113240 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

My premium has le code out the box. Does it make a difference?

It's the same.

#6246 4 years ago

BIG ball 1! I still haven't reached NOTB though :/ Lit 3 cards so many times but I need to concentrate on finishing Mummy more often. I had a sweet 186mill superjack in 2mtm in this game.

IMG_20200310_001646 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_001646 (resized).jpg
#6249 4 years ago

That feeling of finally lighting all 4 cards and then dying in 2mtm. FECK!!

#6261 4 years ago

Some scores to shoot for, or shoot down 3balls, extra balls on.

*EDIT* I got NOTB today, but failed miserably

4 weeks later
#6406 4 years ago

I just airballed into the Mummy lock and got a "Dirty Pool" callout. Nice!

1 month later
#6630 3 years ago

It's a common trap spot, I put an extra tie strap around the post.

4 months later
#7384 3 years ago

Finally beat the bastad. I've battled him like 10 times or more easily. This day I win.

PXL_20201002_021746395 (resized).jpgPXL_20201002_021746395 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7484 3 years ago

Anything over a billion is a good game for me. Gotta master those ramps, they are late on the flipper

#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Almost 2yrs now. I can hit the 400s fairly regularly. My high is just over 850.

....thanks tips :p

I'd consider myself above average, I'm no Ray or Elwin or Robert or Escher, but I can play

850 is a good score. My buddy that's more a casual player has a pro and his best score is around 400million.

#7490 3 years ago

Some tips?
Know the ruleset, inside and out, all of it.
Know the bounces/angles, good and bad. If you own the game this part is HUGE.
Hit your shots
Watch some pros play or play with better people than you.
Get your revive lit when you can.
Finish modes, get those soul shards.
Practice.

#7492 3 years ago

Cyborg mball can be huge too, think my cyborg score alone is pushing 500mill. I don't just walk up and put up billion games every game btw lol

2 weeks later
#7541 3 years ago

I wanna see them make a better Portal wiz mode in Tron first, then Maiden after that

3 weeks later
#7637 3 years ago

It still is an option. You have a switch issue.

1 month later
#8038 3 years ago

Love having eddie letters lit at the upper mini loop on the new code. It's a fun, semi difficult shot, and it gives you a lot more incentive to shoot it now

#8063 3 years ago

There are so many factors to it. Coil strength, spring strength, game pitch, playfield clean/dirty, angle of guides, etc. I got mine to an acceptable percentage and that's good enough. I usually manually plunge hard during trooper just to make sure the balls get up to the lock 100% , so I can try for the drops right away. It doesn't really ruin the game, it's just a fact of physics/geometry.

3 weeks later
#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Started experiencing a rather frustrating problem on my Iron Maiden premium today, wondering if anyone had any advice.
Has to do with initiating the sarcophagus lock.
Initiate a game. Hit the sarcophagus captive ball to open the tomb. Gate opens in the back, shoot up the left ramp, game registers a "sarcophagus lock" via audio as well as on the screen (as it should), the small plastic gate opens up and the ball falls into the ball lock chamber but the chamber doesn't hold the ball, instead the mech continues to fall downward to dump it all the way to exit out the center ramp scoop and the ball shoots out the center ramp scoop. However, the gate on the left is still open and all of the mummy letters are lit. I shoot it up the left ramp again and through the open gate, the switch back there triggers and the plastic door immediately opens, the ball falls into the captive ball mech and the mech dumps it again all the way into the scoop and the ball shoots out the center ramp scoop. Again and again and again and again. That back diverter gate just stays open and no ball ever gets locked and all mummy letters stay lit, so I can't initiate spelling M U M M Y to ever get to mummy mb, also, even if a mode starts, since the gate stays open, if I shoot up the left ramp the ball has to go through the whole dumping ball into scoop, shoot out scoop, again and again...what the heck! Very frustrating.
Went into test. All of the coils fire, all of the switches register (including the switch on the floor of the back plastic ramp behind the diverter), the diverter goes up and down easily and without issue or binding, the ball lock mechanism goes up and down without issue or binding, there are no problems I can see/find in test mode...ugh...went under the playfield and made sure all connections were seated well. I hope im missing something simple, but I have no idea at this point.
To make matters even more frustrating, in testing this problem multiple times with the glass off, every 5th or 6th trial, for whatever reason, the mech actually did as it should and the ball truly locked and the "M" on the captive ball was ready to be hit and functioned appropriately all the way to "Y" and I was able to go through mummy mb...test again, and the frustrating problem presents again and for all of the following trials until I had to walk away... So it kind of "wants" / has the ability to work appropriately, but it's rare and intermittent now, like something's loose, or not registering reliably, but what?
Any advice?
Thanks!!

Gotta be a switch issue. The switch(s) in the lock are notorious for being flaky...read back through this thread to adjust.

Sure the switches work in test, but the ball is probably not activating the switch properly when it falls in...

#8284 3 years ago

You can replace the switch entirely with a different type. If you read back through the thread, this issue has popped up a bunch. Happy you got it fixed! I don't look forward to fixing mine if it ever happens lol

I believe people were changing it to a roller switch. You can find some talk about it in multiple spots on Pinside

f19e22d71380db6beb8587e8f06190185bff608d (resized).jpgf19e22d71380db6beb8587e8f06190185bff608d (resized).jpg
#8287 3 years ago

Look here for pics/install of the switches others have tried.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

#8290 3 years ago

You're welcome and it's def one of the best pins of all time imo

2 months later
#8639 3 years ago

I have the monk ones too, 10 outta 10 would buy again, and I don't buy mods much.

5 months later
#9470 2 years ago

Ignore the bubble.

1 month later
#9823 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm finally getting the hang of this game. I took grand champion the other day finally and then managed 350 million. I'm consistently getting over 200 million now too which was almost impossible for me a few days ago. I consistently die with all power features lit except ramps though which is getting annoying. I'm finding the ramp shots the hardest to hit at will.
I also hit my first 4 ball trooper multiball which was awesome when I realized what happened. I'm wondering if that was by design or if someone hit it in testing and realized they could handle it by giving you a little bonus.

I'm also getting the hang of it....first time cracking 2B the other night.

PXL_20211026_234221457 (resized).jpgPXL_20211026_234221457 (resized).jpgPXL_20211027_000847819 (resized).jpgPXL_20211027_000847819 (resized).jpg
#9825 2 years ago

I have only beat the beast a handful of times. I was super stoked to kill him on the first ball. Actually was the 3rd ball though as EB's were on I actually wanted to quit because the game went on so long and my wrists were killing me and my kids were waiting on dinner lolol

#9826 2 years ago

I have only beat the beast a handful of times. I was super stoked to kill him on the first ball. Actually was the 3rd ball though as EB's were on I actually wanted to quit because the game went on so long and my wrists were killing me and my kids were waiting on dinner lolol

#9879 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I'm not sure I have any great strategy. I go for super skill shots to get playfield X going. Shoot ramps aggressively when you have ball save running so that you can get power pyramid completed quickly with minimal risk. Stack modes and multiballs, HBTN goes well with trooper and these days I'm liking FOTD and mummy. Safest to have revive lit to play FOI. Play hard for soul shards and tomb treasures. The 5th tomb treasure is another EB which is huge. Keep eye on power jackpot, you can leave a lot of points on table if you drain so go for it when it's juicy Get a loop jackpot for tomb treasure. Some people love to shoot loops for big scores, and the points are there, but it's not a strategy that's going to get you deep into the game unless you're Tommy.

7 months later
#11608 1 year ago

Premium is better, no question. I've played them both extensively as my friend in town owns the pro. It's one of the best games ever made, get the best version. You will not be disappointed. Is it worth the extra money, that's debatable. But it is the better game imo.

4 months later
2 weeks later
#12056 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Just played a couple of games on IMLE and noticed that when I collected tomb treasure the ball just rolled on top of the sarcophagus and sat behind the bit of plastic (on top of the sarcophagus mech), until a ball search activated and the mech moved jarring the ball loose
I haven’t played the game in ages and was curious to know if that’s a bug or the intention

There's supposed to be a little plastic deflector that pushes the ball to the left. Going to ball search, is not the normal outcome.

1 week later
#12098 1 year ago

Just don't do it at all. The game looks and plays amazing without it.

#12108 1 year ago

Don't play as much as I used to these days. Mans still got it

PXL_20221124_201108597 (resized).jpgPXL_20221124_201108597 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12158 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Back to actual Iron Maiden talk - can anyone help with scoring strategies for this game?
I can’t seem to crack 300 million, get in the 200’s semi regularly by trying to stack a mode with Multiball

How often are you actually blowing up modes and finishing them and strategically using your playfield multipliers. Bring modes in with multiballs. Cyborg multiball can get you huge points, being able to add a ball twice is huge and makes that mode last forever if you're good. The real key to me is just practice and knowing your machine. I can pretty much get to 2 minutes to midnight like every game at this point, and beast quite often too. Knowing the "sucker" shots is huge too. Figuring out how you drained, or common ways you drain and avoiding those. Nudging is huge too, makes the diff between a good player and a great player.

#12159 1 year ago

Oh and one more thing. You need to be able to hit both ramps consistently. Master that, and you're gold lol. They are both pretty late on the flipper, depending on what your flipper angle is.

#12162 1 year ago

There are certain ways you will tend to drain, you will begin to notice a pattern. It could be 3 or 4 or 5 or however many ways. Just common ways you die. So once you learn those, you can adjust your play in different ways. Like pre-emptively nudging, or being ready to nudge once it's in a certain area or you missed a ramp or whatever. Or just not shooting certain shots at all, depending on the moment as the shots may have a higher drain %. Really comes down to learning the bounces, and then there is also a massive amount of flipper skills you can develop of course too

#12163 1 year ago

Watching or playing with people better than you can really help. Go watch Bowen, Karl, Elwin, Raymond, Robert, etc play it

Here for example:

2 weeks later
#12225 1 year ago

Put the drills away, put the paint away, just play the damn thing lolol. Also Merry fn Christmas everyone

#12229 1 year ago

One of the best games EVER made, period. Get the full version that Keith designed, you won't regret it

#12261 1 year ago

The art is better, the gameplay is better, the resale is better. The price is not better. 3 to 1. Get the premium #better

#12290 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay cool so I have to play better to reach it lol
How is it accessed on a premium?

It's the 3rd tomb treasure.

2 weeks later
#12416 1 year ago

Start with some diapered devils first for sure!!

#12443 1 year ago

I love the Pinmonk colored inserts too, I only have the mode ones, but they all look great

1 week later
#12481 1 year ago

What's the size and length needed for t-molding and a good place to snag some? All this mod talk has me wanting to change out the hideous yellow on my premium lol.

3 weeks later
#12643 1 year ago

You might want to read about

Quoted from dmacy:

No Mylar over. Yes that’s exactly what it’s doing. When ramp is up in play or even manually it hangs low. I’ll get some more pics.

Mines been doing this lately too. When the ramp is up on the premium, the ball hits the ramp alot of times as it passes by around the back orbit. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm gonna guess that something has too much play in it and or something got a bit bent outta shape a bit.

3 weeks later
#12758 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thinking I’m going to go the mirror blade route for my upcoming Premium. I see for newer Stern games they offer both screw-in or 3m style. Anyone with preferences? Looking for the best deal out there…

None, none is the preference. Super easy to install

#12767 1 year ago

Haha the apron is just too much, looks tacky.

1 month later
#12854 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Stay with old code if you got it.
The Rayday update fucked up Trooper lock. There is another problem I am trying to identify. Will update soon.
Hopefully TSX or MXV can revisit code and fix it up.
Awesome game.
I love KME ❤️ IMDN Pinball way more than Godzilla
[quoted image]

What's the problem with Trooper??

#12867 1 year ago

Sounds like you have a problem with your game, not code. But maybe there is something I don't know about that you're talking about. But my Trooper lock works fine and always has, far as I know.

#12869 1 year ago

There is no problem with the code that I'm aware of and theres no reason to roll back the code. Explain exactly what your game is doing and when, and I'm sure we will figure it out. Video wouldn't hurt. And this game does rule .

#12875 1 year ago

Def have a switch issue, opto probably, or your post is disabled or not working.

#12890 1 year ago

Sounds like your problem here maybe...

Screenshot_20230418-212246 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230418-212246 (resized).png
1 month later
#13217 10 months ago

I would consider Maiden a very long playing game, but that depends on your skill level and knowledge of the rules and knowing the bounces I think it's one of the best pins ever made, period. Nothing can change that

Edit: Both ramps are pretty late shots on the flipper on most Maidens I've played. I think that can make alot of newer players miss as they are sorta just off the sweet spot a bit. Also makes seasoned players miss too

#13257 10 months ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Hi guys! How are you doing?
Just found a lost set of a very limited edition of 8 total pieces of Anubis + Torches that we produced some years ago, when IM was released!
It is handcrafted (high resistance resin) and hand painted, with professional clear coat.
I will include a set of the sarcophagus flippers sculpts as a gift!
$299 + shipping (from CT/USA) for everything. Zelle or wire transfer only.
Thanks!
Paulo Studart
Pinball Mods Brasil
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like your kids painted them.

2 weeks later
#13426 10 months ago

Those aren't huge issues, adjust the switch, read the 100 comments about the shooter lane in this thread. Even if you get the plunge set perfectly. A dirty playfield, coil sleeve, plunger position, guide rail, etc could make it go out of whack again. Congrats on the new game.

2 weeks later
#13640 9 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

OK you guys totally jinxed me, got the ball stuck here after reading Pin Monk's post. Never happened before as far as I can remember.
Also I'm looking for advice on eliminating inlane ball hop. I started having it after installing the precision flippers and I can eliminate it if I loosen the screws on the inlanes and push them up and tighten the screws back down but it doesn't last forever.
I'm thinking of widening the holes in the inlane plastics slightly and then 3d printing an offset insert that will keep them pushed up. I really don't want to make permanent modifications to any part though...[quoted image]

Go back to regular flippers, my GC is over 2 billion with the normal bats that work fine. Done.

#13720 9 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Pardon me;
I have a question I am absolutely loving this game, but I’m confused at the left Cross mystery target at the bottom left of the playfield.
This is unhittable unless there’s a ricochet I was reading through the rules and didn’t see anything about it?
What is this used for? Seems like a wasted shot ;
on GZ you can hit that bottom left maser target with right flipper..
———————————————-
Also, is the center pharaoh shot primarily hit able via left flipper it’s rare for the right flipper to nail it all the way up. ??
That center pharaoh ramp shot is tough when you only have 10 seconds to collect soul shards ;making me sweat and brick it like crazy ..it’s not so easy lol
Any way to adjust or turn timer off?
If not I’ll have to get better!
At first, I thought the game was easier, but after playing it longer, I have found it to be definitely more difficult than Godzilla;
Absolutely Loving it thanks for the help and feedback…

Adjust the soul shard timer. Blasphemy. Shame. Shammmeeee.

#13734 9 months ago

Those other switches are NOT for the orb. They're for the sarc lock.

1 week later
#13850 9 months ago

I don't believe you should normally be able to backhand that target, even if it's straight, from a dead trap.

#13869 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah. i'll check again. It's strange though that in test it can do it without fail 30 times, but every single game, in 1-3 mode starts, it won't raise. (25-50% fail rate). so it almost doesn't seem like a electrical/mechanical issue.

Sounds like a mechanical issue to me.

#13914 8 months ago

PXL_20230731_014035126 (resized).jpgPXL_20230731_014035126 (resized).jpg

1.1bill ball one and this for a Power Jackpot. Whoa.

#13916 8 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Wow I’m still learning this game and can only hit about half of that. Great game! How’d you manage a power jackpot that high?

Here is a good explanation of what to try and do, I also turned off the 3rd tomb treasure madness mode, to specifically go for points.

Quoted from djreddog:

The standup X targets get you your play field multiplier of either 2x or 3x. The power jackpot multipliers are earned by completing power modes and not cashing them in.
Once a Power Feature is complete, the Power Jackpot is available to cash in at the Orb spot target and that Feature’s yellow triangle insert begins pulsing. You can instead complete another Power Feature (before cashing in the first Power Jackpot qualified) to multiply (+1x) the value of the lit Power Jackpot. The Power Jackpot unlights if you drain before it is cashed in. When you collect the Power Jackpot or drain with a Power Jackpot lit, the associated completed Power Feature yellow triangle inserts will change to solidly lit and their screen icons will be gray with a red checkmark.
The Power Jackpot can be multiplied up to 6x by completing all five Power Features, although there are other ways to advance the multiplier too - and potentially beyond 6x (Mystery, Tomb awards, and Secret Skill Shot to the Orb). And like all other scoring in Iron Maiden, it can be further multiplied by 2x/3x via the Playfield Multiplier.

#13927 8 months ago

Shaker? Meh. Pass.

1 week later
#14006 8 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Finally adjusted my upper right flipper so it delivers to the lower right rather than the top of the slings and it's a very nice improvement to the flow of the game.
I also managed my second ever mummy/trooper multiball combo. It feels so good to nail that shot and then going right into trooper with 5 balls was awesome.
And to show how bad I am at pinball I finally managed to get 2 super skill shots in one game so I could put my name on the leaderboard for that one. I've had the game like 3 years and only finally just managed that feat

Don't you get 4 balls doing that trick? Maybe I'm missing something, long day at work already.

#14008 8 months ago

If you have mummy ready to go, and 2 locks on trooper, you graze the mummy captive ball on the way into your 3rd trooper lock and it'll give you 4 ball trooper. It doesn't stack them together. Mummy will be ready when you're out of Trooper. At least that's how the premium works.

#14043 8 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

aces high / mariner… any tips for these modes? I kind of just play them and never score well or have beaten them. The other modes I can all beat somewhat easily.

Get better at juggling balls and saving one on a flipper. Use addaballs wisely. Don't miss your shots Start ball saver before you start, or have it ready to go.

#14047 8 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Is there a way to manually start the ball saver? I thought it always just started with the start of the modes that have it.

I meant getting the outlane Revive saves on....

#14067 8 months ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Having issues with the ball launch after shopping my game, it now hits the post 50% of the time... uggh! prior to shopping it was not as noticeable but it was better, Ive seen the stern bulletin and have adjusted the ball guide as far up as possible but it still hits the post on launch, Ive had that side disassembled and reassembled more times then I care to share, I'm a little step with my playfield angle so I'm going to try to lower that next, already played with the coil strength up and down to no avail.... head scratcher for me and I don't give up easily... any other ideas from the group?

When you have it dialed in and on a perfectly clean game the ball will move differently than when it gets dirtier and slows down. So it may never be 100%, laws of physic and all that.

#14100 8 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Eddie Cards: What's Your Average Haul?
I have corralled all the Eddie cards only once, and then only with stupid-easy settings.
Unless I'm mistaken, you get the Cyborg Eddie card just by starting Cyborg MB, and you get another ("Soldier"?) just by starting TMTM mode. The Trooper and Mummy cards however are only awarded when you get Super Jacks in their respective MB's. Consequently, I rarely get those two cards! In fact, I have got the Mummy card only once! (Yeah, I'm a flailer during MB's. I really need to work on that!) Honestly, I'm a little unclear on what they all are. From left to right: Mummy; Cyborg; Trooper; Pirate? Is the Pirate card awarded after hitting a Super in ROTAM mode? I seem to get it when I start TMTM, and the woman shouts, "Soldier collected!" Maybe she's referring to the Trooper. It's confusing.

Yes, SJ for mummy and trooper for 2 of the cards. One for starting cyborg, and one for starting TMTM.

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787

#14101 8 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

IC also unlocks the multiball on the fourth tomb treasure award for the pro that was previously only on the prem\LE.

It's actually the 3rd tomb treasure I really need a Jurassic Park Premium to pair with Maiden. Who's got a HUO one in BC for me?

3 weeks later
#14257 7 months ago
Quoted from alto:

My game is set up and we got our first newbie games in, the lady and I.
A couple of things I need to take care of as a follow up:
1. I stripped the threads on one of the leg bolts, I then saw that the bracket inside the cabinet didn't have nearly as much of a threaded section as the other legs, so no wonder it failed way before any real torque was reached. Can anyone tell me what the thread size is for the leg bolts? I want to order some nuts to place on all the leg bolts as extra security.
2. The playfield glass reflections are just horrid, is there anywhere in the EU where I can get a replacement glass with a good anti reflective coating?
3. Are there any additional lighting kits / mods out there that I could install to light up the middle section of playfield better? I thought it was way too dark.

There is a setting to turn off the backglass lights or turn them down, during your ball. Think bolts are 3/8" thread.

#14271 7 months ago

1. Knocker sound for replay 2. Match to replay 3. Yes, throwback to Addams Family? 4. Yes, but I wouldn't bother, search using an external sub.

#14278 7 months ago

You can shut the knocker off.

A match sequence is a game mechanic that appears at the end of a game of pinball. It often takes a rounded up number from the end of a players score and compares it to a random set of numbers. If the players number matches the random number the player will be awarded a free game.

#14288 7 months ago

Switch problem, not software.

#14292 7 months ago

Thanks. Do owners replace this switch with something more reliable, the way they replace the switch behind the Anubis? Could a roller switch be used here?

Yes roller switches and it's covered in this thread a bunch. Good luck

2 weeks later
#14481 6 months ago

New Combo For Me:
Right flipper to left orbit to right flipper for a cannon blast up the left ramp!
I think this is new to me only because I reset the angle of my upper-right flipper and now it feeds the lower-right flipper better for a swat up the left ramp.

Fear of the dark. Left ramp, right ramp, left spinner orbit, around to right flipper, hit left revive spinner

#14507 6 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Been thinking about picking up a Pro IM. I haven't spent enough time with it to get too deep into the game, I guess I play others on location over IM because to me its a dream theme and I have it in my head that I will own one eventually. Nevertheless I know what the game entails.
Recently my family saw the layout and said it looked boring. It got me thinking, how does it hold up in your guys' lineup? Are you personally still going back to it? Is it a hit with visitors?
Cheers!

It's one of the best games EVER made. Whether you think it's Top 3. Top 5. Top 10. Top 20. Just get it. Get the premium too yolo

#14520 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thanks
I think I’m going to just max out all the timers for all the modes because literally in 1500 plays the only mode I’d be was flight of Icarus a few times and fear of the dark once
I’d like to see more stuff in the game it seems pretty repetitive cause my normal are usually only about 100 million;
My strategy is to get revive lit right away and then start the battles and pray

If you're never getting soul shards, never finishing modes or getting Super Jacks. Never getting to 2mtm or the beast. Are you even playing Maiden? Sounds like you need more practice. Watch some "pros" play it on YouTube and Twitch. Learn the rules inside out. Addaballs, etc...learn the angles. And make your shots. Takes years to get good Find some people that are better than you, and play with them too.

#14521 6 months ago

Watch Karl play it, or Dalton, or Raymond, or Elwin himself Tons of footage out there.

#14536 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’ve only been into Pinball for a year and I am about a beginner player, so yes, I am playing maiden, and have very rarely completed modes or collected soul shards..
Yes, I need practice but I’m a lot better than when I started I think my high score on maiden is .5…
And yes, I am watching people play it on YouTube to get a better handle on it. I just average at Pinball plain and simple, but I love it to death.
Thank you for the suggestions will do …
Gotta just git gud

I just meant to word it in a way that said you can't even fully enjoy the game and all it has to offer, unless you're actually progressing in it. Just takes time, the game can be tough, but that's what makes it great in the end, and keeps you coming back for more

#14553 6 months ago

It will only give an addaball if the orb is still lit purple for mystery. If you collect the mystery before Aces or Rime, you will have to drop the targets again when they're lit purple, to relight the orb for addaball again. Read here about the drop targets and the orb awards.

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787#heading--droptargetawards

#14582 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thinking of trading my maiden premium for a ghostbusters premium and $1250 cash. Thoughts from this group?

Ghostbusters is trash compared to Maiden. Get something else if you're looking for a change.

1 week later
#14654 6 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Are Precision flippers a must on this game? I don't think the top 2 need it but am considering it on the bottom as they tend to get a little weaker as a party night goes on.

No.

#14675 6 months ago

Even if you do get it working 100%, as soon as the playfield and shooter lane get a bit dirty, or when freshly cleaned , it can and will throw off the trajectory too.

#14705 5 months ago

You only need to knock down the drop targets twice or sweep them once for the first Trooper. Nice writeup, thanks for sharing

Screenshot_20231031-071238 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231031-071238 (resized).png
#14715 5 months ago

This is a LARGE part of the answer, but you might be able to dial it in a bit better....

"Maybe it’s not a clean shot I noticed that shot is tight and has to be hit clean…"

#14718 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I determine it’s probably hitting the side rail or post very lightly and stopping the ball. I think it’s fine. I think the solution as I just suck at the shot need to get better..
I’m going to try and move the left metal rail in a little bit more so there’s more space because it is a very very tight shot. It’s the hardest shot in the game. I hit it one out of 10 times.
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I really appreciate your help. I don’t even know if I can move that metal rail in a little bit more to give me more space.
Do you guys find that shot hard to hit?
Take me two solid r rips too l light revive I think I’m going to change the settings to make it easier

Sounds like your game is working normally then. Yes it's a hard shot.

#14719 5 months ago

Changing settings to make it easier is lame. Regardless of what anyone here says lol. Takes years to get good, and is a giant appeal of the game really. It's supposed to be challenging not just handing out Revives and soul shards left and right

#14722 5 months ago

They're right, it's yours do as you wish. I don't agree though. If anything, make it harder, not easier.

#14780 5 months ago

Looks like the spinner might be dragging on the left side of the bracket. Figure out what's making it bind, and slightly bend, tweak etc, until it spins freely...

#14784 5 months ago
Quoted from billrz:

So I switched the upper n lower spinners, it’s not the bracket cause now my revive spinner sits perfect and the upper one which I moved from revive (in picture) and sane problem, so it’s the spinner rod or something

Are there any burrs on it, the arms of the spinner itself are probably bent out of shape, just the tiniest adjustment can put it out of whack.

#14815 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

When you hit the orb regularly, does it tell you what the mystery award is or just a random award? Does it light up on the screen or anything? It appears just to be random.
Yeah, I know it adds a ball on the multi balls. I just couldn’t for the life of me. Figure out when you hit the old one is regularly let it says mystery level one, but doesn’t say what the award is.

Screenshot_20231107-170331 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231107-170331 (resized).png
#14837 5 months ago

If EDDIE is not yet fully spelled, then shooting the left spinner will change the flashing mode. Once EDDIE is completed, the flashing mode is locked in and cannot be changed.

#14871 5 months ago

This.

"If EDDIE is not yet fully spelled, then shooting the left spinner will change the flashing mode. Once EDDIE is completed, the flashing mode is locked in and cannot be changed."

#14878 5 months ago

That's just physics. It's not broken.

#14919 5 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

On my machine that shot is harder to hit from the left flipper. The right makes it no problem but the left would just barely make it up the ramp with enough speed to hit the bullseye. I changed to the precision flippers which has made it pretty easy with either one.

Normal game would be opposite this. Left makes it easy. Right should be able to, but barely, from a trap. But then it depends on all sorts of shit. Playfield cleanliness, what rubbers, how dirty your coil sleeves, how F'ed are your coils stops, playfield angle, Etcetcetc

1 week later
#14966 4 months ago

I would be looking at the switch the ball sits on, and I would guess the game doesn't play right either if you're having that issue.

#14987 4 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I finally got the mummy card today. I don't know why but that card was/is a real beeeeatch to collect.
Question: let's say I do appx half the stuff needed to do in order to collect the mummy card and then drain. Mummy mb then goes away until I get to do it again by locking another ball and then starting the mummy mb for a second time. Is my previous mummy mb progress saved from the first mummy mb? Or do you have to do everything in one mummy mb session?

Yes, read the rules here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787#heading--mummymb

"MUMMY letter progress toward Mummy SJP is recalled between subsequent Mummy multiballs, but not your switch hit progress within a letter."

#15002 4 months ago

Have a thumbs up. Now we are back to even!

#15004 4 months ago

I think it looks odd and out of place, but you don't want to hear that from the sounds of it. You can downvote me. I don't mind.

1 week later
#15105 4 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

New callout? I've heard plenty of "Baller" from the both of them. But tonight for the first time after a good ball she said "Quite the baller".

Def not new.

2 weeks later
#15147 3 months ago

Beat the beast on my first ball today. Who else would care but you guys? Lol.

PXL_20240107_030651468.MP~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20240107_030651468.MP~3 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#15256 3 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Thanks! One more thing to try. My lane adjustment for the shooter just hasn't been the answer and I have just about given up. It seems to even have something to do with how clean the playfield is. I'll try this ASAP.

And it just comes down to physics. Even if you dial it in, if the game gets a bit dirty, coil sleeve dirty etc it will mess it up again. Just think people need to realize this at the end of the day. Sometimes I will manually plunge one into the trooper lock and then manually short plunge the second one to get it to a flipper quickly and try to peg off the drops to light the addaball

2 weeks later
#15354 76 days ago

Raymond, Robert, Karl, Elwin. Just the real real Goats. I'm way above average, beat the beast a bunch and don't even try to get there lol

1 week later
#15398 68 days ago

I always turn shaker motors off if the game has one. Just asking for trouble imo. Game is awesome without it.

2 weeks later
#15499 50 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

There is probably an Opto in the sarcophagus that is not working properly. The plug to the opto could have shaken loose as well. I can almost guarantee this is the issue.

There are switches in there, not optos, and it's been covered many many times in this thread, including the use of a different style switch.

1 week later
#15566 39 days ago
Quoted from 6point5:

Can anyone help with this?

You likely have an issue with the switches in there. It's covered in this thread many many times, including using a different type of switch.

#15578 38 days ago
Quoted from 6point5:

Seems to be conflicting answers. One person says the ball should release from the sarcophagus after a midgame reset, other person says differently.
The second response seems more accurate, because a fast reset would likely not have the game release any captive balls.
Can anyone else confirm?

You have a switch issue. Adjust or replace the switches in the sarc. There are also 2 ways to hard restart a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.50
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=tomdotcom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.