(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osubuckeye98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

That pin looks lonely! Needs a mate..

or 6!

2 weeks later
#9541 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll always wonder ,until the day I die about the yellow T-Mold .

Did you replace it? I’m highly considering changing to another color..probably blue.

#9547 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Does anyone know where I can buy some of the small model planes for the right side of a playfield? Thanks

Mezel has them, I’m not sure if this is what you are think of.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-illuminated-war-plane

#9548 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The only one they got right IMO is DP

The light blue looks almost identical to what’s what’s on my LZ and I was leaning toward the dark blue (or purple if I could find some) would match nicely.

#9550 2 years ago

Monk Here is what mine looks like, the bar goes all the way across and protrudes the other side and does not make contact with the ball as it passes over… I’d be a bit put off, that would be really hard to bend and more than likely would break the weld. I’d at least put an email into stern if it’s a NIB pin.

6A0BCCD0-AB27-4298-BA88-0C59E01AEA54 (resized).jpeg6A0BCCD0-AB27-4298-BA88-0C59E01AEA54 (resized).jpeg
#9610 2 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

How can you tell its warped? What do you see in the picture?

Go look at post 9531

1 week later
#9656 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hey new owners, my buddy's game has arrived at our distributor. He isn't able to pick it up for about two

August 29th, no insider connect on mine.

#9657 2 years ago

I agree with Pin_Fandango . I have no interest on the insider connect as it’s currently presented for my home pins.

#9676 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, you need 30-1/4” to clear.

Lol, I have a Yukon that is between 31” and 29” on the side and I need a shoehorn and a lot of moving back and forth.

#9690 2 years ago

I have the cliffy version, but I’m waiting to see if the stern protector to fails before replacing.

How many of you guys are adjusting the flipper position? I can’t seem to hit the sarcophagus loop shot with any regularity.

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Mine is from the latest run. Built on 9/2/21. It has the thin stainless piece in the upper orbit. I bought this game brand new in a box delivered to my house. Zero plays. That piece has been curling up on mine since about 10 games. I hope the carbon fiber cliffy piece works better.

That’s terrible..mine was an August 29th build and I don’t have any problems yet. I did order a set of cliffys, but didn’t install the carbon because I was thinking to not mess with something that was working.

#9722 2 years ago

I agree with knocker, if they were plastic ramps I would consider the decals. I can’t cover up that metal.

Also, Mezels arch does not block anything.

1 week later
#9808 2 years ago

I will be buying some for my Iron Maiden (probably AC/DC) as well. I have the Iron Maiden backbox light set to about 10% during play because the reflection is so bad.

I have anti reflection glass on my LZ and it’s awesome.

1 week later
#9888 2 years ago

Really glad I didn’t just wait for the one I had a deposit on and kept looking until I found a NIB one. I guess impatience pays off sometimes!

That really sucks for people that had deposits down for all that time.

#9890 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey everyone, I've had my Iron Maiden Premium for a year, and was going through audits, and I saw I had zero super skill shots. I figured I'd look into that, and I don't believe my super skill shot works properly. From what I understand, you hold down the left flipper and full plunge. When the ball gets to the top of the playfield, the upper right post is supposed to raise, and the ball hits the post and goes down the inner loop to the upper left flipper so you can hit the super skill shot target right?
If that's correct, my upper right post does not raise during this process. My shooter lane switch seems to be activated perfectly by the ball (not just my finger), and the opto works in the loop. The upper right post also works during Trooper multiball, but it doesn't lift for the super skill shot.
Am I misunderstanding something here? Thanks for any info or help.

The right post does not rise, you have to plung just enough so that it comes back down the left orbit.

#9891 2 years ago

It’s a pretty tough shot. I have actually started going for the normal skill shot and a lot of times I end up hitting a secret skill shot instead. The left inlane and outlane score a lot of points

#9897 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I wish the mini loop was also a super. It's far more realistic than the target. That target is crazy tough!

I have the exact opposite problem, I can hit the target regularly, but the mini loops kicks my ass. It’s always a small personal victory when I get the tomb open.

#9922 2 years ago

I bought all of the pinmonk gels for my Iron Maiden and it is an outstanding upgrade. If you are having any flipper fade, the Tibetan Breeze cooling fans make a huge difference. His products really are great quality. Additionally, if you spend over $100 I think shipping is free.

1 week later
#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

How long have you been using it?

I put Cliffy’s carbon fiber protector in about a month ago and it’s a definite improvement. The pin gets played daily and there has not been a single issue.

1 week later
#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

After reading about the issues w/the Stern protector bending up, I'm actually on the fence whether I should or should not install the Stern protector, put a Cliffy there instead (don't like the carbon fiber look), or just leave alone since I just play 3-4 rounds a week. I bought mine used, but it was pretty much new with about 60 games on it. Still looks brand new.

I put the Cliffy Carbon Fiber protector on a couple of hundred plays ago and FWIW I don’t see it and have had zero problems since installing it. Completely out of sight and out of mind.

1 week later
#10311 2 years ago

I’m a bit of a sucker when I see anything that relates to a pin that I own.

02602214-25BF-49CE-9060-A34679FF7739 (resized).jpeg02602214-25BF-49CE-9060-A34679FF7739 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10601 2 years ago

PinMonk FYI my premium has a build date of Aug 29th 2021 and I installed your Anubis fairly soon after I received it. It was a little tricky to install, but I have not had any problems with it. Would some photos or video of mine be of any help?

2 weeks later
#10750 2 years ago

In the sarcophagus or on top of it? If it was stuck on top, then this is the fix.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-prem-le-mummy-ball-deflector

#10752 2 years ago

I have not had an issue with the sarcophagus, but occasionally I have that happen with the underworld. I would guess the micro switch.

1 week later
#10811 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Time to finally crack this one open and play IMDN.
Cheers to club and the weekend!
[quoted image]

Let me know how it is, I have not cracked mine yet.

#10834 2 years ago

You probably do not need to remove the entire rail. Remove the nut on the first post tor three and then loosen some the next few, you should be able to lift the post enough to place a washer.

I did this on my LZ, remove the first post nut and then work your way back until you get enough clearance on the first post.

1 week later
#10919 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This mod looks intriguing. Can someone post the link? I’m not finding it. The modding never ends on Maiden, this game is awesome.

It’s this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/114#post-6786202

#10921 2 years ago

I’m not sure (or positive either way) but I think the update is all that is needed for the can I play with madness mode. I don’t think you have to add the IC hardware.

#10924 2 years ago

That’s a BS move..sorry

You need the IC hardware to sign in and activate the mode. From readme:
- Can I Play With Madness - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC

1 week later
#11032 2 years ago

By chance did you switch out the stock shooter? When I put the Iron Maiden shooter rod on in place of the one that came on the machine I had to do a bit of adjustment since it was not smooth at all. Added some lube, an extra washer along with some break in time and it’s good now.

2 weeks later
#11103 2 years ago

I switched mine out and had issues. Eventually worked through them with a bunch of trial and error adding and removing washers, adding lube etc. seemed to improve over time like it needed to be broken in a bit.

1 week later
#11163 2 years ago

I do.. did you remove the covering from the tape on the back? I have no issues with mine

#11169 2 years ago

Check the switch in the sarcophagus, sounds like it is not registering the ball. At the end of a game my premium will dump any ball still in the sarcophagus and fire it back up from the underworld to drain down to the trough. A lot of people have changed out the stock switch for the rollover switch from pinballlife.

Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, I just got my Iron Maiden premium last month and I think I have a sarcophagus switch issue. Every game where I lock a ball in the sarcophagus, it has to do a ball search after every game before I can start a new one. I assume this isn't normal. Has anyone had this issue?
There is also a certain mode/multiball where, if I lose all but one ball, my flipper die as if I've drained all of them. Is there a mode where this is normal or could this be related to the above sarcophagus issue? Thanks in advance!

#11174 2 years ago

Great write up by Chipscott. Here is the PBlife equivalent as well. Both would work, PBlife is slightly cheaper.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html

2 weeks later
#11277 2 years ago

Newer games started coming with that installed, I recall some people getting new protectors from Stern when theirs started lifting up. I put Cliffy’s carbon fiber protector in when mine started coming up and have not had a single problem since.

#11283 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Mine minted in Dec 2021 came with this metal protector. It really takes a beating and didn't last long. Definitely better than nothing, I'd do it for sure if it was the only option. Cliffy's carbon fiber protector is there now, so far it looks like it's going to be a better protector.
I tried to get a good image showing the bends, you can almost see it. Somewhat like a "crease" down the middle from the repeated blows, it not only lifted up on the ends so the ball would get stuck or disrupted by it, but it lifted up all the way down the length of the sides also, like a taco shell. I had to remove it after about 600 plays.[quoted image]

I don’t think I even got 600 plays out of mine…

1 week later
#11352 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Which is the better loop protector, the one from Stern or Cliffy?
Are there any advantages to either? Does one protect better than the other?
Thanks

Cliffy’s is fantastic..it’s carbon, doesn’t bend..it’s a little smaller than Sterns, but I installed mine and have not thought about it since.

#11373 1 year ago

Here is mine, I’m guessing chip due to the lack smoothness on the arch of the curve

47590010-BF36-40B7-B799-D3546BBEA28C (resized).jpeg47590010-BF36-40B7-B799-D3546BBEA28C (resized).jpeg
#11375 1 year ago

Yes, mine was built last year..but I still would be cautious of the non smooth appearance of the arc in the artwork.

#11381 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

You mean what I cicrled in blue above?

yes, I would guess that’s a chip.

1 week later
#11430 1 year ago

I installed all 4 of pinmonk gels and Anubis
Added pinmonk fans to help with flipper fad
I really like my mezel arch, pharaoh blinder kit and torches
You will really want the mummy deflector to avoid hangups but it looks like it is unavailable at mezel right now.

If you you are all in, look at Goviea’s Gus mod. Expensive but unbelievably awesome and I believe he is still making them for now.

Not a fan of decals on metal ramps.

And I added voodoo glass, there can be a pretty good amount of glare with unless you turn the backbox lighting down to about 10

Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm in! Well as soon as it gets here but none the less it's paid for!
The game is STOCK with only 16 plays.
What are the must have upgrades specifically for protecting my investments? It's a Premium with a build date is September 2021 so all the factory updates are installed like the drop from the center target shot around the loop.
So far I have on order the following:
Stern OEM Shaker Motor
Insider Connected & mount for coin door
Stern Side Blades
Cliffy Protectors for drop target bank, scoop, shooter lane (2 piece), ball drain hole and I even order the carbon fiber orbit one for when factory needs replaced.
What else are some good mods? I was looking at the ramp decals from Tilt Graphics and maybe the ones for on top of the flippers. Also like the Egyptian Archway from Mezel.
I'm very excited to get this game as it will only be my second game getting back into the hobby after being out of it for many years.[quoted image]

1 month later
#11614 1 year ago

People have been replacing them out with roller switches. I have one, but have not needed to switch it out yet since it’s a very occasional problem for me. Not sure why you would need to remove the playfield from the cabinet to work on it?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5119-02

Quoted from Apollo18:

Has anyone adjusted the underworld switch?
Mine has stopped registering,
But seems I will need to remove the PF out of cabinet and rest on table to adjust that switch?
Also, seems ill need to address the diverter switch as well. Same problem with accessibility while in cabin.
Any help/advice is welcome. Thanks

2 months later
#11858 1 year ago

Many have problems with the protector. I replaced mine with a carbon fiber protector from Cliffy and have not had an issue since.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/iron_maiden.htm

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone else have problems with the metal protector that is installed behind the jump ramp ?
Mine bends at the edges and then I have ball hanger there. I can press it back in position but after a few plays it comes back. I try to take it out , but in the middle it sticks very good. Anyone that has removed it? What is the best way to do that without destroying the playfield . I think Mylar will work better in this area.

3 months later
#12232 1 year ago

The pro is great, personally I really like the sarcophagus lock and the ramp/underworld. But I also think the premium art package is by far the best of the 3, all of it together made me go for the premium and have never had a second thought about not going with a pro.

Just upgraded my GZ pro to a premium, that one I am still 52%/48% if I made the correct decision.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m having a hard time justifying an extra $2700 for the premium over the pro..
Sarcophagus lock
Flip up ramp
RGB Led spinning flasher
3-D figures
Metal apron
Not sure what else I’m forgetting
I don’t think it’s worth $2700 over the pro...
[quoted image]

#12237 1 year ago

I put in a deposit on a premium at the beginning of the year when you could not get anything, stumbled across the pro and got it as a place holder until the premium was delivered.

The collapsing building is great theme integration, love the changing return ramps. The bridge is cooler on the premium, but I could do without, especially when it’s collapsing and I hit the left ramp shot I am positive the ball is going to fly through the glass everytime. The rotating shield is neat, but it’s harder to hit on the static pro.

I just think KME builds great games regardless of pro/prem

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

interesting, I played GZ pro and it really feels a bit naked to me. GZ is Premium or nothing to me...

#12260 1 year ago

Gus works in the premium! Not just decoration.

Quoted from metallik:

Gus looks better in the premium...

3 weeks later
#12417 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I have another IMDN coming from the May run. Regret selling my first one. Anyway, question is have the new runs came with the stainless protector in the outer orbit below the back target? Making my list of must haves to install before ball 1.

Yes it come with it (at least my 8/2021 build had it) it was still an issue and bent upward. I installed Cliffy’s carbon fiber protector probably a year ago and have had 0 problems since.

3 months later
#12874 1 year ago

I’m running 1.12.0 on my premium and have not experienced that..Have you tried to download a fresh copy of the code and tried to update?

6 months later
#14626 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How do I get a topper did they just come out is it a third party or stern ?

Will at Old Town Pinball has them in stock.

https://oldtownpinball.com/online-store/ols/products/iron-maiden-topper-by-stern-pinball

#14628 6 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Sorry, but love Maiden but it's one of the ugliest toppers ever!!

Soooo, don’t buy one?

I was just answering a post for someone that wanted to buy one, and I know Will is a good distro…

#14631 6 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

I don't get how that topper can be $999... it's just a couple of LEDs in there right? Does it do anything other than flash along with some other flashers on the playfield?

I think it was $599 or $699 when it first came out if that makes things better….or worse…lol

3 weeks later
#14901 5 months ago

I had this issue on my Foo Fighters. Are any of your GI lights outs? Mine ended up being a bad connection one of the white GI lights. Some people have found globs of solder in the bottom on their bayonet sockets causing the error, some found it was the bulb itself. I ended up pulling all of the lights from the 214 run and putting them back in one at a time and playing a few games until I found the one that was the problem.

Quoted from Gubbin:

I've seen a few people with this issue but haven't seen a resolution. I have a tech alert. Node board 9 over current. I can go into the test and it clears. Only to return again. This is my 4th modern stern and never really had to do any troubleshooting so I guess I been lucky.

#14904 5 months ago

Yep, you are reading it correctly. Let us know if that fixes it.

Quoted from Gubbin:

While the alert is active. These 3 lamps are out (1 is the spotlight) Looks like maybe 155 if I'm reading this right?
1 under the right ramp, 1 under the plastic that is beside the drop bank and then the spotlight.
Now it's not clearing when I do the test. I'll check on those. Appreciate the feedback.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#14964 4 months ago
2 months later
#15421 61 days ago

WizardsCastle

Quoted from 6point5:

I have a Gus Sarcophagus mod for sale in marketplace if anyone is interested.
Purchased two from someone, so I'm keeping one and selling one.
Selling for the price I paid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osubuckeye98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=osubuckeye98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.