(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,704 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,421 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B2E5C2EF-3996-41D6-A58F-D6F0E4B98001 (resized).jpeg
7FDF8CCA-6CC2-48FB-99A7-81FD4E7AF4D4 (resized).jpeg
CADDE0F3-6629-450B-9043-00BF821B4BDB (resized).jpeg
8D66DB48-AE18-46B5-B232-04A59E279ACB (resized).jpeg
B413E82B-92D0-49B1-ACE4-A1771BE84B28 (resized).jpeg
3B316D3C-128C-4018-B83D-8D3606DBF985 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-11-12 130813 (resized).png
IMG_20191111_232128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191111_233915 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191111_233814 (resized).jpg
20191111_113347 (resized).jpg
20191111_113157 (resized).jpg
20191111_113117 (resized).jpg
20191111_112959 (resized).jpg
20191024_160034 (resized).jpg
FC8A2A87-2160-41F2-B299-8AA95437554B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5704 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 115.
#5351 75 days ago

Much more intuitive from the left, takes a little more thought/good timing to hit it from the right.

#5352 73 days ago

One of the coolest bands! Wasn't a fan before getting the game, but now I'm all in!

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/edmonton/2019/8/29/1_4571528.html

#5354 73 days ago

How did you get it, if you didn't order it or know what its for?

#5355 73 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How did you get it, if you didn't order it or know what its for?

He didn't order it. He is quoting another Pinsider.

RVH - That part goes along the back orbit, where balls shoot up the center ramp, hit the bullseye, and then fall straight down to the playfield. On initial games all that they put there was mylar. After several months they started installing this. So if you have a game that still has mylar, you can reach out to Stern Support with your serial number and they will ship you this replacement part which provides better protection against the ball drops.

#5356 72 days ago

Does anyone know if the new Maidens have upgraded leg brackets or are they still using the shitty brackets? Toying with just buying a NIB pro at this point.

#5357 72 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone know if the new Maidens have upgraded leg brackets or are they still using the shitty brackets? Toying with just buying a NIB pro at this point.

Mine came with the beafier leg brackets and it was made in Oct 2018

#5358 72 days ago

First time getting to Cyborg multiball. Smoked it!!!

9FAE6EF2-BA2B-47AB-8A92-0444103B11EF.jpeg
#5359 71 days ago

I'm a little confused on what needs to be done during Mummy MB to earn the mummy card.

Can anyone shed some light or send a link to a rule sheet that explains it.

Thanks!

#5360 70 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm a little confused on what needs to be done during Mummy MB to earn the mummy card.
Thanks!

Post #2596 on Page 10 has all of the details

#5361 70 days ago

Thanks!

Rip the upper spinner, hit the captive ball. Repeat until card lights. The easiest card to collect because of this method and how easy those two shots are.

#5362 70 days ago

Can anyone post the location of the set screw Keith was talking about? I was not tracking what he was saying at all.

#5363 70 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Can anyone post the location of the set screw Keith was talking about? I was not tracking what he was saying at all.

Dead center of the game along the back orbit. Directly to the left of the bullseye target. The screw is facing down towards the PF, and it’s screwed into the end of the metal guide.

4EA58B50-BA1D-428D-8E21-7E4DF67AD2F1 (resized).jpeg
#5364 70 days ago

Any tips on completing Mummy MB? I have been able to get the other 3 cards, but for some reason, I just can't get Mummy. I find it difficult because if I'm trying to trap a ball with the left flipper, I can't make the orbit because the little flipper us up.

Thanks!

#5365 70 days ago

Any tips on completing Mummy MB? I have been able to get the other 3 cards, but for some reason, I just can't get Mummy. I find it difficult because if I'm trying to trap a ball with the left flipper, I can't make the orbit because the little flipper us up.
Thanks!

Stage your flippers. You should be able to hold the flipper button in ~halfway to trap a ball while keeping the upper flipper down.

#5366 70 days ago

Thanks!

Work on your flipper staging. Cradle up on both flippers then back off the left button ever so slightly until the upper left flipper drops.

#5367 69 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Stage your flippers. You should be able to hold the flipper button in ~halfway to trap a ball while keeping the upper flipper down.

Awesome, thanks!

How have I gone this long without this skill?!?!?

BEAST... Here I come!!!!

#5368 69 days ago

I know this has been talked about but my plunges are not making it all the way around.. with the plunger not just auto plunge . What should I try and adjust.

#5369 68 days ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I know this has been talked about but my plunges are not making it all the way around.. with the plunger not just auto plunge . What should I try and adjust.

Depends on where they are hitting, but my best results came from slightly adjusting/bending the ball guide where it exits the shooter lane. Basically just push that piece (just below the upper right flipper) either up or down to get the ball to go above the skill shot post or below the upper left flipper. Then you can adjust the auto plunge strength in the settings if you find that manual plunges make it and auto-plunges do not.

And hi semi-neighbor!

#5370 68 days ago

Oh Fayetteville nice

#5371 68 days ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Reducing the speed of the auto launch helped me like you wouldn't believe.

Feature #78 reduce to 220 power. Mine was set all the way 270!

#5372 67 days ago

Put up two 400k+ games this morning including my personal best. I also got my first lvl2 trooper card today. Everything is coming up Milhouse!
I still don't think I've ever gotten a mummy card. I know what to do in theory (spinner, captive ball, repeat) but I'm just not doing it when it counts I guess.

20190906_092759 (resized).jpg
#5373 67 days ago

Must be full moon or something. I just got my best score this morning also! Got Cyborg multiball for the second time as well, and one extra ball!

image (resized).jpg
#5374 67 days ago
Quoted from tominator:

Must be full moon or something. I just got my best score this morning also! Got Cyborg multiball for the second time as well, and one extra ball![quoted image]

Wicked score! What's the strategy to get big points? I consistently get Cyborg, but my average score is like 300M.

I was one Mummy shot away from lighting Beast, and I think that game was like 520M.

#5375 67 days ago

Wicked score! What's the strategy to get big points? I consistently get Cyborg, but my average score is like 300M.
I was one Mummy shot away from lighting Beast, and I think that game was like 520M.

Honestly I have no idea. Lol
Don’t drain?
Seriously though I think it was because I made a ton of loop orbits...
There’s a video on YouTube of robert gagnon where he removes the small flipper rubber and gets 4 billion or something by nailing the upper loop repeatedly.

#5376 67 days ago

Has anyone installed the Cliffy on the scoop under the ramp on Prem/LE?

Just wondering what's involved.

#5377 67 days ago

Quick strategy tips are:

1. Light revive immediately
2. Focus on loops
3. When you get PF multiplier make sure you only cash it in when you are ready to score big. Only cash it in when you have loop jackpot ready, or running FOTD or Hallowed modes. Also watch your Power Jackpot, once it hits a healthy number cash in the multiplier and then collect.

#5378 67 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Quick strategy tips are:
1. Light revive immediately
2. Focus on loops
3. When you get PF multiplier make sure you only cash it in when you are ready to score big. Only cash it in when you have loop jackpot ready, or running FOTD or Hallowed modes. Also watch your Power Jackpot, once it hits a healthy number cash in the multiplier and then collect.

Newb question... How do you cash in?

#5379 67 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So Keith just dropped some interesting info today.
1. Big code update coming
2. The shooter rod was accidental
3. There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

Anybody know where this set screw is?

#5380 67 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:Newb question... How do you cash in?

When you have the playfield multiplier lit it cycles between the in lanes via the flippers. He is saying wait until you have a big score coming, then activate the multi prior to scoring your big shot or modes. Basically move the multi away from the ball until you want it.

#5381 67 days ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Anybody know where this set screw is?

Check the key post index at the top of the page. There's a link to a picture of this.

#5382 67 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Check the key post index at the top of the page. There's a link to a picture of this.

Thank you!
I overlooked this post assuming it was another photo of the orbit protector.

#5383 66 days ago

Big thank you to Pablo at stern - once I answered a few serial number questions the protector arrived 2 days later -pretty impressive seeing where I am located. Now just need hurricane Dorian to go away.

53D0776A-77BB-42D7-8434-F5B11A8FEACC (resized).jpeg
#5384 66 days ago

He took my address almost 3 weeks ago, and still have nothing. And I'm only 5 hours away from the factory.

#5385 66 days ago

Maybe ping him for a reminder? I received mine within approx a week or so from sending my serial number and a pic of the mylar condition. Just received and installed yesterday. I feel better knowing I don't have to worry about wear there going forward.

#5386 66 days ago

About to install a Cliffy on the opening under the ramp.

Does the ramp need to come off? Do I have to remove or unscrew anything to get it in?

#5387 66 days ago

Finished all the modes but didnt hit 2m2m (collected Fotd soul shard)
Trooper mb x2 (lvl1 card collected)
Mummy mb x3 (lvl 1card collected)
Cyborg mb completed (lvl 1)
I was excited to break my high score but also bummed at how close I had finally made it to battling the beast. Just a shot or two more to start 2m2m and I'd have been there. New personal best though.
20190907_181809 (resized).jpg

#5388 66 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He took my address almost 3 weeks ago, and still have nothing. And I'm only 5 hours away from the factory.

I emailed last Friday, got a reply Tuesday, and got my protector yesterday. Maybe reach out again?

#5389 66 days ago

About to install a Cliffy on the opening under the ramp.
Does the ramp need to come off? Do I have to remove or unscrew anything to get it in?

Fast forward to 5:40 in the video :

#5390 65 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Fast forward to 5:40 in the video :

Do you think I can get the protector in by just removing the ramp?

#5391 65 days ago

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO

Cyborg Champ (resized).jpgGrand Champ (resized).jpg
#5392 64 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO [quoted image][quoted image]

Any cyborg tips? I make it to cyborg fairly frequently now but I never score very well. I think my cyborg high score is about 60m

#5393 64 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO [quoted image][quoted image]

How do you get 900m on Cyborg?!!!

I seem to get around 20 million

#5394 64 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

from the TiltForums rules post: "Every Power shot increases the value of the SJP, and the SJP multiplier increases every time the Super Jackpot is collected"
plus OP brought 3x playfield in, so... first SJP was 4M + 500K for each soul shard collected, multiply that by 3x, double it for the second SJP, etc... you can see where the points come from

#5395 64 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Any cyborg tips? I make it to cyborg fairly frequently now but I never score very well. I think my cyborg high score is about 60m

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

To be honest, I have never come close to getting that kind of score before. I did have 3x multiplier going on when I was doing it, and I think I hit like 6-7 SJP. Don't know exactly as balls were flying all over the place and I kept it alive for a little while. Just looked up after it was over and saw the score. Will probably never do it again.

#5396 64 days ago

Finally put up a new GC (700M) after figuring out how to use the pf multiplier a bit.

Now, if I could just figure out how to complete Mummy MB!

#5397 63 days ago

Finally put up a new GC (700M) after figuring out how to use the pf multiplier a bit.
Now, if I could just figure out how to complete Mummy MB!

I went from.never having earned a mummy last week to earning one often. Once you get the hang of it and realize your progress continues on your next mummy mb it's pretty simple.
X amount of switch hits then the captive ball until mummy is collected again. Either shoot for the spinner then the captive ball or play how you are used to but remember to keep an eye on and hit the captive ball when possible.
Whatever letters you collect will still be lit when you make it back into mummy mb.

#5398 63 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I went from.never having earned a mummy last week to earning one often. Once you get the hang of it and realize your progress continues on your next mummy mb it's pretty simple.
X amount of switch hits then the captive ball until mummy is collected again. Either shoot for the spinner then the captive ball or play how you are used to but remember to keep an eye on and hit the captive ball when possible.
Whatever letters you collect will still be lit when you make it back into mummy mb.

I think I've spelled MUMM once.

I can get to 2M2M more easily, so definitely need a new strategy.

Such an awesome game though!

#5399 63 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Dead center of the game along the back orbit. Directly to the left of the bullseye target. The screw is facing down towards the PF, and it’s screwed into the end of the metal guide.[quoted image]

Welp that would explain why I get so many balls stuck up there. I thought that screw was coming loose and tightened it up. I never realized that it tightened up the lane!

#5400 63 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

This is good advice. My strategy is to focus on spinners and captive with one ball during ballsave, can usually get 2-3 letters before ballsave ends. Then just before or right after ball save ends shoot for add a ball. Repeat spinner focus during ballsave. Then play all hot and wild and hope for the best.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 5704 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside