Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,146 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Diospinball
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 779 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg
fireball-compare_sml (resized).jpg
DSC03909 (resized).JPG
FB9CFB5E-14C0-4678-A612-2918E03CCCDF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20181205_192954 (resized).jpg
20181203_084441 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181202_200446_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181202_195936 (resized).jpg
20181202_225010 (resized).jpg
20181202_225039 (resized).jpg
562DC1AD-0C69-405E-AB7C-AA4D8DEFABDC (resized).png
5FDA7AB0-07E6-4F62-9D04-025D10534DAE (resized).png
20181130_181316 (resized).jpg
20181130_181411 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3146 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.
#3051 12 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Ok so I am picking up a nib premium tomorrow or Thursday depending on time. What are must haves as far as protectors and anything that may better the gameplay. I’ll work on deco mods soon but want the things I should definitely should have on order ASAP.
Thx

The stern art blades are very nice. For less than $100 shipped a great choice.

Also, once the fan noise is driving you crazy, you can get a plug and play quiet fan kit to replace the fan in the power supply.

#3052 12 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

The stern art blades are very nice. For less than $100 shipped a great choice.
Also, once the fan noise is driving you crazy, you can get a plug and play quiet fan kit to replace the fan in the power supply.

I'm getting my pro in 2 weeks. I'd like to hear more about a quite fan. Just a normal pc fan from any electrical store or something more specific? Thanks

#3053 12 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'm getting my pro in 2 weeks. I'd like to hear more about a quite fan. Just a normal pc fan from any electrical store or something more specific? Thanks

Lots to read about on that subject here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#3054 10 days ago

Has anyone received their vinyl record yet? I exactly followed the instructions on the card. Any rumors to when the records may ship? Have any of the premium owners received their cassette?

#3055 9 days ago

My premium is due in later today! Can’t wait.
What is the vinyl record/cassette?

#3056 9 days ago

Also who makes plastic protectors for maiden now, hoping for some colored ones maybe. And I don’t see shooter lane protectors from cliffy yet, any options? Also is the Pharoah protector a must, I’m assuming so.
Anything else I need to order. I have blades, colored tree mod, shaker coming, will definitely switch to titan rubbers just need to figure out colors.

#3057 9 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

That's likely a Deadpool post in the wrong thread.

#3058 9 days ago

Mezelmods! Great people.

https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-plastic-protectors

Quoted from Hdmike444:

Also who makes plastic protectors for maiden now,

#3059 9 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Also who makes plastic protectors for maiden now, hoping for some colored ones maybe. And I don’t see shooter lane protectors from cliffy yet, any options? Also is the Pharoah protector a must, I’m assuming so.
Anything else I need to order. I have blades, colored tree mod, shaker coming, will definitely switch to titan rubbers just need to figure out colors.

You just need to email Cliff. What he has and what's on his website are often substantially different, especially on recent releases.

#3061 9 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Delivered today as well. Just finished a couple hours ago setting it up.

Its rainin' Maiden hallelujah!

Opening the box kinda felt like that scene in Creep Show when the sarcophagus is being uncrated by the nerdy college dude.

Few more small mods to go but shes already looking good.

20181130_143846 (resized).jpg20181130_144335 (resized).jpg20181130_150307 (resized).jpg20181130_181411 (resized).jpg20181130_181316 (resized).jpg
#3062 8 days ago

The big questions will the stern topper be available by Christmas?

#3063 8 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Opening the box kinda felt like that scene in Creep Show when the sarcophagus is being uncrated by the nerdy college dude.
Few more small mods to go but shes already looking good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You're going to love it. Where did you find those flipper toppers?

#3064 8 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Few more small mods to go but shes already looking good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, I’m loving mine! Waiting for more mods to ship and on the hunt for a few more things.

#3065 8 days ago

Toppers are ready to ship pm me if interested

Couple pic

562DC1AD-0C69-405E-AB7C-AA4D8DEFABDC (resized).png5FDA7AB0-07E6-4F62-9D04-025D10534DAE (resized).png
#3066 8 days ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

You're going to love it. Where did you find those flipper toppers?

Thanks. Just play testing the machine before bed was a blast.

I found those flipper toppers in the pinside market.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/01813-hieroglyphics-flipper-bat-topper-mods-for-iron-maiden

#3067 8 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Looks good, I’m loving mine! Waiting for more mods to ship and on the hunt for a few more things.

Same here. Waiting on Virelands lens tree mod, and a shaker motor (rev. C) specifically, along with a couple other small mods.

#3068 8 days ago

Finally, finally, finally got my Mummy card... I've been close to getting it for the last few weeks, but now I've finally gotten that monkey off my back.. .Sadly the game I got it in wasn't the best... It started off well, but I tanked the last few balls, and I also failed to get the trooper card. Which isn't too bad as I can sometimes get 2-3 trooper mb with my game settings. But, alas I still had one more mode to complete before I could unlock 2 minutes to midnight, so I wasn't even close to being able to battle the beast.
At least now I know its possible. And I can set my sites on achieving that.
Run to the hills is still so very, very far away from a possibility though.

#3069 8 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Same here. Waiting on Virelands lens tree mod, and a shaker motor (rev. C) specifically, along with a couple other small mods.

USPS tried to deliver today, but couldn't because there was no secure location? I just PMed you tracking so you can follow up.

#3070 8 days ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Finally, finally, finally got my Mummy card... I've been close to getting it for the last few weeks, but now I've finally gotten that monkey off my back.. .Sadly the game I got it in wasn't the best... It started off well, but I tanked the last few balls, and I also failed to get the trooper card. Which isn't too bad as I can sometimes get 2-3 trooper mb with my game settings. But, alas I still had one more mode to complete before I could unlock 2 minutes to midnight, so I wasn't even close to being able to battle the beast.
At least now I know its possible. And I can set my sites on achieving that.
Run to the hills is still so very, very far away from a possibility though.

Mummy card is really easy once you realize the spinner qualifies the mummy jackpot. So you rip the spinner, hit the jackpot, rip, hit, repeat. You can get it really quickly and pretty easily once you realize this.

#3071 8 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I installed mine the other day and the shaker today. Love this game.
Has anyone gotten more than one ball in the left ramp path th sarcophagus lock? I somehow got two during Multiball and it went through ball search several time but wouldn’t find it there, I had to remove the glass after the game ended, even in coil test mode it doesn’t lift it long enough to let a ball out. Works fine normally, I’m just surprised this isn’t part of ball search.

#3072 8 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Mummy card is really easy once you realize the spinner qualifies the mummy jackpot. So you rip the spinner, hit the jackpot, rip, hit, repeat. You can get it really quickly and pretty easily once you realize this.

Yep.. That is the strategy that I go for... But, I need to fix my sarcophagus newton ball. Its not registering very well. I can whack the sucker good and it doesn't always read.
So I need to get it fixed.
Once I do that. I think it'll be really really easy.

#3073 7 days ago

It's a set number of incramenting switch hits so the spinner is going to be the best way to light the jackpot.

Quoted from vireland:

Mummy card is really easy once you realize the spinner qualifies the mummy jackpot.

#3074 7 days ago

I'm currently working on an RGB globe for the Clairvoyant figure but need to know which wires coincide with the current light board LED colors and power under the Clairvoyant plastic. Currently there are 4 wires: 2 red, 1 green with orange stripe, and 1 blue with orange stripe.

20181202_225010 (resized).jpg20181202_225039 (resized).jpg
#3075 6 days ago

This has most likely already been mentioned but at the end of my first game this evening i spotted a cool little animation of a figure walking through a forest being ghosted by Eddie (Eddie may have been the one in front?, didn't spot it right from the start) Now i thought it was because i had both flipper buttons pressed in at the time but i haven't been able to recreate it again. Anyone know the "secret"?

#3076 6 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

This has most likely already been mentioned but at the end of my first game this evening i spotted a cool little animation of a figure walking through a forest being ghosted by Eddie (Eddie may have been the one in front?, didn't spot it right from the start) Now i thought it was because i had both flipper buttons pressed in at the time but i haven't been able to recreate it again. Anyone know the "secret"?

There are two animations for Fear of the dark. The one you seen doesnt come up very often but you can change it in the settings to where it will play like 25% of the time i believe.

The guy walking and being chased is Keith Elwin. He speeds up if you nail the spinner. Its an awesome animation and i wish it played it 100% of the time.

#3077 6 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are two animations for Fear of the dark. The one you seen doesnt come up very often but you can change it in the settings to where it will play like 25% of the time i believe.

The guy walking and being chased is Keith Elwin. He speeds up if you nail the spinner. Its an awesome animation and i wish it played it 100% of the time.

COOL!!, for some reason i thought it was after the end of game sequence.....well, before the Match animation anyway but it musn't have been.

#3078 6 days ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm currently working on an RGB globe for the Clairvoyant figure but need to know which wires coincide with the current light board LED colors and power under the Clairvoyant plastic. Currently there are 4 wires: 2 red, 1 green with orange stripe, and 1 blue with orange stripe.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t know the answer but I’m also making a mod for myself, do you know where to buy those specific connectors and or what size they are, pins, and wire size? I want to make a splitter for it, unless someone already does?
Any help is greatly appreciated

#3079 6 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

COOL!!, for some reason i thought it was after the end of game sequence.....well, before the Match animation anyway but it musn't have been.

No, you might be right -- I know I saw that animation once before I even started a game. Haven't seen it there since, but it happened at least once.

#3080 6 days ago

Had my best game yet, 220 mil cyborg multiball, 200 mil trooper mb, was hitting all the shots and with 3x multiplier going. Didn't make it to 2mtm, but was close, I think just a shot away. Game is all factory settings.

IMG_20181202_195936 (resized).jpgIMG_20181202_200446_01 (resized).jpg
#3081 6 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No, you might be right -- I know I saw that animation once before I even started a game. Haven't seen it there since, but it happened at least once.

Go to the Game adjustments #33 and change the setting from 5% to 25% and you should get the animation of Keith Elwin 25% of the time.

20181203_084441 (resized).jpg
#3082 6 days ago

On the fence about this game, all - Is there a post with suggestions on how to optimize the game setup?

#3083 6 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How do you have time to look up and see that while playing?

#3084 6 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you have time to look up and see that while playing?

Lol thats a good question. The answer is.......i dont.

#3085 6 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the fence about this game, all - Is there a post with suggestions on how to optimize the game setup?

Theres not much to be on the fence about honestly unless you just despise the music. This game is awesome in every way!

#3086 6 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I just bought this game, sold the Lord of the rings to get it and don’t regret it one bit this game is fantastic

#3087 6 days ago

I love it. It could use more code though IMO. Needs some more modes and the song choice needs to affect game play somehow.

#3088 6 days ago

I really like Iron Maiden and the music still gets old. I just turn the music down and put something else on. I wouldn't let that stop you.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres not much to be on the fence about honestly unless you just despise the music.

This would ruin the game for me. I had AC/DC for a while, I liked 2 or 3 modes better than the rest. I got SO sick of those 2 or 3 songs over and over and over. It's critical that the song choice has nothing to do with game play.

Even they weren't tied to modes, they'd still be too repetitive based on how you play the game.

Quoted from javagrind888:

song choice needs to affect game play somehow.

#3089 6 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres not much to be on the fence about honestly unless you just despise the music. This game is awesome in every way!

And I love Maiden the band, It is just not clicking. I must not like pinball after all

#3090 6 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I really like Iron Maiden and the music still gets old. I just turn the music down and put something else on. I wouldn't let that stop you.

This would ruin the game for me. I had AC/DC for a while, I liked 2 or 3 modes better than the rest. I got SO sick of those 2 or 3 songs over and over and over. It's critical that the song choice has nothing to do with game play.
Even they weren't tied to modes, they'd still be too repetitive based on how you play the game.

I am considering replacing some of the background music with other songs using Pinball Browser just so I don't start hating Maiden; I do think the horrendous audio is hurting the experience. Eh, maybe I need to play it more

#3091 4 days ago

Wow, finally made it to 2 Minutes to Midnight! Very cool mode--it is a toss-up between that and Play with Madness as to which one is more exciting. I also think I hit the Cyborg multiball twice on this game--if that is possible. Not sure what I needed to do to get past TMTM, but at least I finally made it this far...

#3092 4 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

USPS tried to deliver today, but couldn't because there was no secure location? I just PMed you tracking so you can follow up.

Thanks Vireland. Guess the box wouldn't fit in our mail box, so it was sitting at the post office. It's installed now and it is better than I expected.

I installed a shaker. The force feed back is awesome. It helps me know when objectives are completed. Also, I love the rumble when the tomb opens, it feels like the ground is shaking as it rises.

Tomb torches and obelisk cover from mezel mods add a very nice touch with minimal effort required. Wish I had a pic with the torches lit.

20181205_192954 (resized).jpg
#3093 4 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thanks Vireland. Guess the box wouldn't fit in our mail box, so it was sitting at the post office. It's installed now and it is better than I expected.
I installed a shaker. The force feed back is awesome. It helps me know when objectives are completed. Also, I love the rumble when the tomb opens, it feels like the ground is shaking as it rises.
Tomb torches and obelisk cover from mezel mods add a very nice touch with minimal effort required. Wish I had a pic with the torches lit.[quoted image]

Looks great. You took a good picture that clearly shows the difference between Rime's color and Aces High. Glad you got it okay. It was a weird non-delivery message, so I sent you the tracking ASAP to check on it.

#3094 3 days ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Look at the RGB LED board under the plastic and you can see which wire is power, and which go to the individual colors.

#3095 3 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Look at the RGB LED board under the plastic and you can see which wire is power, and which go to the individual colors.

Got it figured out as I found the schematic in the manual. Green is indeed green, blue is blue, and the reds look identical so it's a matter of testing them to differentiate which is power vs. red. Got it squared away!

#3096 3 days ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Got it figured out as I found the schematic in the manual. Green is indeed green, blue is blue, and the reds look identical so it's a matter of testing them to differentiate which is power vs. red. Got it squared away!

I am working for a mod on this as well and there is actually a red wire and a read with an orange stripe if you look closely I do not remember which one goes to the red Led

#3097 3 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I am working for a mod on this as well and there is actually a red wire and a read with an orange stripe if you look closely I do not remember which one goes to the red Led

I did see in the manual it says red/orange for the red LED and red for power but both of my wires were solid red. It was easy to figure out which was power as I just went into the DIAGNOSTICS menu and turned on the globe LED for green or blue while testing each red and this easily pinpointed which was power.

#3098 2 days ago

Has anyone attempted to add the newton ball from the premium onto the pro for the orb shot? I really like that feature in the premium.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3099 2 days ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Has anyone attempted to add the newton ball from the premium onto the pro for the orb shot? I really like that feature in the premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

I think everyone who has the newton ball wishes they didn't have one!

#3100 2 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I think everyone who has the newton ball wishes they didn't have one!

Really? How come?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
6,700 (OBO)
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 68.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 24.50
Sale Pending!
Eugene , OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 18.95
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3146 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside