(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,587 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,363 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
0C3CE15C-ED3E-46B9-A602-8CD740C6DB27 (resized).jpeg
20190924_151606 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).png
D0F10FEF-07BF-4124-AC02-DB3440115F5D (resized).jpeg
20190921_210458 (resized).jpg
20190921_223113 (resized).jpg
20190921_221126 (resized).jpg
20190921_221321 (resized).jpg
20190921_213614 (resized).jpg
20190921_224434 (resized).jpg
F335E893-C292-4991-A6E8-CD664CA63B02 (resized).jpeg
25A07106-3246-4E3D-8722-6F7C3A19AC88 (resized).jpeg
AD1385F2-F993-40D8-8FB9-D0996CFD5B51 (resized).jpeg
14AC3A57-27DC-4162-BBB1-749F88955B49 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5587 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 112.
#1001 1 year ago

Well goddamn, it took me an entire week but I finally hit 3 ramps in a row on Icarus. These ramps ain't no joke. Haven't called JJ about speakers yet but looks like I'm gonna have to.

#1002 1 year ago

A little sad my bayou buddy Pinball is Great can't make our 3rd Indy 500 in a row. I have clearly stumbled on his priority list. What a dick.
20180517_222850 (resized).jpg

#1003 1 year ago

image (resized).jpeg

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Looks great. Where did you get speaker lights?

www.speakerlightkits.com

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#1005 1 year ago

Learning the rules more and made it to Cyborg MB for the first time.....and got only 3 Million.

Hit start again!

#1006 1 year ago

First finally put up a decent score (for an idiot like me at least).

4CC87FDF-44DE-408F-BDE8-E23F01FD8B3B (resized).jpeg

#1007 1 year ago

My best so far is about tree fiddy. You're killing it.

Finally got my ball launching fixed 100% by adjusting the shorter lane guide, then getting my shooter rod totally centered on the ball (auto and manual were both inconsistent). Needed to adjust my right orbit switch a bit to register 100% and it's all good now. Sucked finding out that was not registering on a lock shot with a 3x tomb treasure on the line!

So with this game it seems like if the game is unplugged or power is removed for any length of time it needs to be switched on and off 2 or more times before it boots. Anyone else seeing this?

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So with this game it seems like if the game is unplugged or power is removed for any length of time it needs to be switched on and off 2 or more times before it boots. Anyone else seeing this?

Mine did this last night. At power up, power supply made repeating clicking noise and it would not boot. Took two more power cycles then came up fine. Also noticed the fans are super loud but this may be normal?

#1009 1 year ago

The fan in mine is really quite loud. It'll just fire off when the game is sitting there too. I think someone has a replacement guide somewhere but I'm not too keen on putting an aftermarket fan in a brand new game that might affect the warranty.

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The fan in mine is really quite loud. It'll just fire off when the game is sitting there too. I think someone has a replacement guide somewhere but I'm not too keen on putting an aftermarket fan in a brand new game that might affect the warranty.

It will affect the warranty.

I will put one in but probably wait until I am out of warranty.

#1011 1 year ago

So my LE has been down the road for I don’t know how long now. Melissa sent the tracking a week ago. I checked it Mon. No update. When I checked it Thu night it said “called to setup delivery”. I definitely did not get a call. So I called Fri. Same story “oh we called you to setup the delivery and left a msg”. Nope you didn’t. Left a VM for the dispatcher. Never heard back.

All I can picture is it setup in the warehouse with everyone taking turns playing it.

#1012 1 year ago

The charge begins!!!

image (resized).jpeg

#1013 1 year ago

I just earned a Cybord Card during Mummy Multiball. Is that supposed to happen?

I figured Mummy Card -> Mummy Multiball, Cybord Card -> Cyborg Multiball.

#1014 1 year ago

Either your sockets or a connector are switched or you entered cyborg during mummy (I don't know if that's possible but I don't think so)

#1015 1 year ago

Update my LE from 0.94 to 0.97 last night. Initially it powered up OK after the update last night and today, but recently powered it on and received a Node board 10 error. I’ve reseated the Ethernet cables on the board and the boards it connects to, and also did a full reinstall of the code with the same result.

Any ideas on how to further test? Node board 10 is just the rotating beacon which definitely isn’t working in this state, but was working previously.

EF8ABE9A-0867-4AF0-AD1E-27B69C345E21 (resized).jpeg

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

All I can picture is it setup in the warehouse with everyone taking turns playing it.

You pin is being violated and molested by a warehouse gang.

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You pin is being violated and molested by a warehouse gang.

I’ve seen this movie before...

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

First finally put up a decent score (for an idiot like me at least).

Mr. Deez can't wait for the glass on score! Good job though champ!

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Update my LE from 0.94 to 0.97 last night. Initially it powered up OK after the update last night and today, but recently powered it on and received a Node board 10 error. I’ve reseated the Ethernet cables on the board and the boards it connects to, and also did a full reinstall of the code with the same result.
Any ideas on how to further test? Node board 10 is just the rotating beacon which definitely isn’t working in this state, but was working previously.

See shit like this makes me hesitant to update. I'm ok with .94. For now. Good luck bud.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Yes. You can earn power features in any mode or multiball. Completing the power grid awards cyborg card which is probably what happened during mummy mb.

#1021 1 year ago

That makes sense - thanks!

I really enjoy everything about the power pyramid. Its my favorite goal in the game.

#1022 1 year ago

I’d hit up Stern on that 1-800 # listed underneath the lock bar. Sorry you’re having problems bud, it was a really good update content-wise. Stern support should set you straight with the game being so new.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I’d hit up Stern on that 1-800 # listed underneath the lock bar. Sorry you’re having problems bud, it was a really good update content-wise. Stern support should set you straight with the game being so new.

I don’t doubt they will get it fixed for me, this sort of thing happens. I left a message on the 800# today, but it was busy all day.

#1024 1 year ago

MF.
Just had my best game yet. On ball 3, just lit 2x scoring with 199m. Get my 3rd ball in secret passage and the motherfucker stays there till ball search and misses the lock, falls into the orbit. Goddamnit.
I'm still on .94....wondering if I should update. These node board shenanigans got me all nervous Nellie.
Good game for ole bumblefingers.
20180520_193414(1) (resized).jpg

#1025 1 year ago

Impressions after a weekend of playing ...
Game play, modes,being able to pick your songs after each ball and call outs are amazing!!! LOVE the British babes accent. I played this on location a few times and it feels even better once it's in your collection!

This is my first stern and on a down note, I noticed that the cabniet feels whimpy
compared to my 90s Williams games. I did however like that the decals are cut away form the mounting point for the legs
Also I was slightly disappointed with the sound quality of the speakers. I thought for sure this would stand toe to toe with my DP BOP 2.0. Not the case.

Lastly If anyone is on the fence about this game, don't be! Order one now!

#1026 1 year ago

Played in the NYC Pinball Championships this weekend. Got to watch Keith Elwin put up 2.1 billion on his game. Crazy stuff. And the tilt was super tight. I also believe the post rubbers were removed.

#1027 1 year ago

I wanted call outs lower so at 40 attenuated and volume at 45 I heard pretty much none, only music (not really correct I'm guessing). Coincidentally, I heard no clipping. The cannon that goes off still goes off and clips so I'm guessing this is more speech and fx than music.

#1028 1 year ago

Got to play it last night at my local bar, and I must say it’s awesome. Can’t wait to get a premium in here, may Sell my ghostbusters because it’s gonna get ignored like the dog after u have a kid lol

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Played in the NYC Pinball Championships this weekend. Got to watch Keith Elwin put up 2.1 billion on his game. Crazy stuff. And the tilt was super tight. I also believe the post rubbers were removed.

I don't like to watch Elwin play, it depresses me

Got my LE set up tonight. Zero clue what i'm doing yet but its phenomenal. 360k top score was wild after a handful of plays.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't like to watch Elwin play, it depresses me
Got my LE set up tonight. Zero clue what i'm doing yet but its phenomenal. 360k top score was wild after a handful of plays.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

#1031 1 year ago

TAKE A BREAK YOU CRZY HEADBANGERS

#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Got to play it last night at my local bar, and I must say it’s awesome. Can’t wait to get a premium in here, may Sell my ghostbusters because it’s gonna get ignored like the dog after u have a kid lol

Haha, this made me laugh!

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

MF.
Just had my best game yet. On ball 3, just lit 2x scoring with 199m. Get my 3rd ball in secret passage and the motherfucker stays there till ball search and misses the lock, falls into the orbit. Goddamnit.
I'm still on .94....wondering if I should update. These node board shenanigans got me all nervous Nellie.
Good game for ole bumblefingers.

UPDATE FTW!

#1034 1 year ago

Can someone please help me get high resolution pictures of backglass
From the Pro and Premium

I use those to put as rules card

Like this

20180521_005950 (resized).jpg

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Impressions after a weekend of playing ...
Game play, modes,being able to pick your songs after each ball and call outs are amazing!!! LOVE the British babes accent. I played this on location a few times and it feels even better once it's in your collection!
This is my first stern and on a down note, I noticed that the cabniet feels whimpy
compared to my 90s Williams games. I did however like that the decals are cut away form the mounting point for the legs
Also I was slightly disappointed with the sound quality of the speakers. I thought for sure this would stand toe to toe with my DP BOP 2.0. Not the case.
Lastly If anyone is on the fence about this game, don't be! Order one now!

Congrats on the game. Get an external sub to help with sound and/or sterns spike 2 headset; get a decent pair of headphones, crank it up, and really appreciate the detail to the sound quality.

#1036 1 year ago

Just got back from Golden West Pinball Festival. Marco provided 2 IM Pros. for the attendees to play. There was a line to play both from the moment the doors opened until they closed each day. They were the two most-wanted pins at the festival.

Also at the show but far from the same popularity were, TBL, Alein, Levy, all JJPs including PotC, Alice Cooper, and so many others.

Side note. Mezal Mods’ torches are awesome! Can’t wait to see what else they produce.

23D3EA1B-6BDB-441D-A0D4-A2EC3B6C0443 (resized).jpeg

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Side note. Mezal Mods’ touches are awesome!

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from RyThom:

It is possible to earn the Cyborg Card in mummy multi-ball because the Cyborg Card is earned by lighting cyborg multi-ball. I'm not sure if this is intentional in the software but it is the way it is working currently (rules for cards are currently a bit inconsistent). So the reason you earned that card while playing mummy, was because you completed the requirements during that multi-ball (collected the last yellow insert in the middle).

#1039 1 year ago

for those who haven't seen this very bitchin' Stern produced document:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

The Iron Maiden Back Stage Pass! - the RULES for Iron Maiden.
Page 3 specifically lists how you collect your Cyborg Eddie Card.

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

for those who haven't seen this very bitchin' Stern produced document:
The Iron Maiden Back Stage Pass! - the RULES for Iron Maiden.
Page 3 specifically lists how you collect your Cyborg Eddie Card.

That is a great document! However, the part about the card for cyborg is incorrect currently. The card actually gets rewarded when it is LIT vs when it is actually started per the document which is why RVH was able to light the cyborg card in Mummy. Seems to not be intended to be that way tho....

#1041 1 year ago

Node board issues that I experienced were not related to a code update. Reseated all power connectors and that resolved the problem. Chaz at stern tech support was helpful in getting me oriented in the right direction.

I did order a new start button assembly from Marco ($21 shipped), in order to get a replacement I needed to go through my distributor. I’d personally rather not task them with that minor thing so just ordered a new one.

Everything worked when it arrived so I can’t say this is a stern QC issue, just normal Pinball ownership.

Love this game. It’s approachable by new players, they get decent ball times and like the shots.. but the rules are advanced enough that skilled players really enjoy it. The music is also awesome, which helps.

As an Le owner I was on the fence, but I will say the pictures just don’t do the game justice. The foil decals and red flec armor is extremely striking in person. This one is a keeper.

#1042 1 year ago

On .97 now. F ing Wow!!!

Getting used to the shots and all the nuances. Just phenomenal.

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On .97 now. F ing Wow!!!
Getting used to the shots and all the nuances. Just phenomenal.

I told you that you were going to love it.

#1044 1 year ago

IMG_9538 (resized).JPG

#1045 1 year ago

Awesome score Taylor. Addictive game isn’t it?

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from jints56:

Awesome score Taylor. Addictive game isn’t it?

Insanely addictive, possibly unhealthy.

They need to release the Cyborg bug fix not awarding the Eddie card, I handed off the MB to my daughter after it happened again.

#1047 1 year ago

New tour kicks off Sat in uh, Estonia. Stoked for this set list.

#1048 1 year ago

I did order a new start button assembly from Marco ($21 shipped).

I probably had the same issue you had with the start button. I simply turned mine a 180 degrees (upside down) and haven't had a problem since.
My problem was that pressing the button was inconstant or not functioning at all. My only concern with rotating the switch 180 degrees is that now the spade connectors are pointed up and potentially going to get touched/hit easier.

Same issue you had?

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I probably had the same issue you had with the start button. I simply turned mine a 180 degrees (upside down) and haven't had a problem since.
My problem was that pressing the button was inconstant or not functioning at all. My only concern with rotating the switch 180 degrees is that now the spade connectors are pointed up and potentially going to get touched/hit easier.
Same issue you had?

Exactly the same issue I had..

#1050 1 year ago

Without jamming through 21 pages to see if it's been asked...Does anyone have a fix for the left return wireform?

I seem to get quite a few hop overs that can result in a lost ball. Slower balls seem to be more prone to this hop off effect. (My game is set up steeper than factory settings FWIW)

I also fashioned a key ring for my Pro from a mini-figure. I think it fits the cabinet art pretty well.

IMG_4638 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 5587 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 112.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside