(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s a shooters school for pinball and will absolutely make anyone a better player overall if they put the time in .Thanks Keith !!

Man, this is such a good point. I've been renting a premium since Friday, and I can already tell this game is going to make me better. And it isn't just the shots, which are demanding and oh-so-satisfying when you hit them. It's also how the modes require you to attack those shots and gain control. In other games I've played I'll just bash away at a multiball and snag points - here I am working on catching, cradling, and aiming for shots during the chaos on Aces High and Mariner. Then there's Icarus, where if I can nail one ramp I've gotta hold myself back from ripping the loop shot so I can get back to the lower playfield quicker and keep trying for the other ramp ("No, your other right!" cracked me up when I first heard it).

Combined with the music and callouts, I keep thinking of one word to describe this game: exhilarating. I'm looking forward to it kicking my ass for the next month and it's now on my shortlist to own in the future.

#7713 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Nah, I'll just be happy to have left flipper+start to end game and the fix for Icarus. If anything else is on top of that, gravy!

Unfamiliar as I'm not too far into my rental, but what's the bug on Icarus?

#7715 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I'm not going to get the exact sequence correct, but you can stack Icarus and Mummy multiball and drain one of the balls in mummy, and it will freeze the timer for the mode. As long as you stay away from a couple of shots, you can then loop the ramps over and over to continuously combo the value of Icarus up. Some folks have done this for multiple billions as the game continues to count them as combos.

Oh dang, thanks for the intel. I am definitely not good enough at hitting these ramps yet to even get through the mode haha. Frozen timer would be delightful.

#7718 3 years ago

How long are home-use owners keeping this bad boy in their collections? Are you feeling like it holds you over long enough, or moving on quickly? Would appreciate any insights as I contemplate a purchase (even if I've only been renting it a few days).

For reference, we currently have MMR, MBR, and GB Pro. MBR likely getting moved in 2021, and not gonna lie I could consider moving GB as well.

#7726 3 years ago

Productive night! Icarus Combo King (5-way) and Mummy Multiball Champ (19.7 million). Probably not the most impressive but definitely starting to get the hang of this bad boy.

1 week later
#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Finally in the club thanks to vireland !
I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of Elwin's designs.
[quoted image]

Good stuff! I'd been on the fence for this one and noticed it was sold. Enjoy!

#7773 3 years ago

Hey so I am renting a Premium right now and loving it - would love to get one for myself but also looks like there might be more Pros available. I know the ramp opening to the underworld scoop is a big gameplay difference - do you just start modes on the Pro by hitting the bullseye?

#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I think he was asking if u start modes at the bullseye when modes are ready to start, not how to collect eddie letters.

Correct, was curious for the main gameplay differences between Pro and Premium - I know sarcophagus lock is physical on Premium, too, but that's about it right?

#7839 3 years ago

Is there possibly more Elwin on Fear of the Dark, or did I just notice it more this time around? Either way, glad he's still in there, cracks me up.

#8014 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I’m not too excited about he FOI animations. Especially the ending with Eddie in flames and it says burn burn burn. Kinda dumb.

Yeah the melting face and burn burn burn is a little excessive, but the rest of the mode is improved imo. I think I liked the old revive animations better but I'm barely looking at the screen on this game - the audio cues are huge for me and my skill level (or lack thereof).

1 year later
#10818 2 years ago

Hoping to join the club with a verrrrry routed premium - I actually rented it at the end of 2020, and it kicked my ass so hard that I got sick of it. I've become a lot better since then, and I got out on location to play a pro and just loved it. I forgot how immersive it was.

The premium is available and has several thousand plays on it, but I'm not overly concerned given how beloved this game is - even if I have to put some time/money into it I think it'll hold value. But given that this one has had some wear over time, anything major I should look for or be ready to replace?

9 months later
#12077 1 year ago

Picking up a Pro and could not be more pumped to join the club! Now a very very important question (lol):

What color flipper rings, slings, and post sleeves are ya'll working with? I'm leaning dark blue Titans but would love to see some photos of other options. Up the Irons!

#12082 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Back in the club for the third time. Will try my best to get into the game this time! First three song swaps
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The icons here are amazing! Did you make those yourself and then drop them in on PB?

I'd like to have a couple different SD cards going to make some swaps. Is it sacrilege to switch out Fear of the Dark for Caught Somewhere in Time?

#12089 1 year ago

^ That backglass is killer

1 week later
#12151 1 year ago

Just picked up a pro, and it's a ripper! This game is such a blast, and I was stoked the finally see TMTM on the first day. Can't wait to keep going deeper.

I am having the dreaded shooter lane issues, but unsure of the fix. Game is as level as I can get it and set at 7 degrees, but manual plunges (and 95% of autos) end up hitting the post just above the skill shot target. Is there a decent fix for these low plunges? This thread is verrrrry long so I apologize if it's in here somewhere - I've read about people fixing issues with hitting the upper flipper off the plunge but not as much the low post.

Worst case I leave it and get better at the target skill shot. But I would like Trooper MB staging to be mostly reliable. Thanks in advance for the advice!

2 weeks later
#12207 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sounds like IMDN will be run again in May, so the age old question is wether or not the premium is worth the extra $$$ over the pro now that it costs $9700 and there is a $2700 price difference between the pro and premium.

I love the Premium, but imo the Pro is the value here. Nice to have a physical lock and the lifting ramp, but not almost $3k nice.

#12245 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Not that it is important to me, but does anybody know if this May 2023 batch will have the Insider Connected built into the machine?

I think everything coming out of Stern now has it.

#12270 1 year ago
Quoted from BanditBen:

Searched the post but couldn’t find definitive info. Does Iron Maiden have any profanity in it or do you have to switch it off adult mode? Does it still say anything in family mode? Knew Metallica cussed but was disappointed when it was still saying Hell,Damn and hinting at A__ in family mode. Thanks in advance

Haven't found any yet but some of the imagery - particularly the extra ball animation - isn't super kid-friendly depending on their sensitivity to gore.

3 months later
#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m looking to get a pro because it’s all I can really afford. Am I missing a lot from a premium?
Also, I saw they’re being in production in May. Does anyone know if this is the last run because I only want to buy one new in box

Imo this is one where you really don't miss a lot on the Premium. The underworld scoop is fine but it's a scoop. Captive ball at the orb makes things a little less dangerous. Really you only miss the sarcophagus lock, but having rented a Premium before purchasing a Pro I can't say I feel like I am missing out. The core of the game - shots, code, tunes - remain regardless of trim level.

As far as I know this is the last run - better get it while you can!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 24.50
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.