SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 302.
#11301 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

For those of you that have a Cliffy in the shooter lane, how do you keep it from moving? I have them in most my games, but it only slides out of place on SW.
[quoted image]

Your screws are not fully tightened !
Back them out and start over .
You may want to clamp wood rail down before Tightening screws!
GL

#11302 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Your screws are not fully tightened !
Back them out and start over .
You may want to clamp wood rail down before Tightening screws!
GL

I have done that and redone that. But I will try it again.

#11303 2 years ago

Ever since he redesigned his shooter lane protectors a few tears ago I've never had one budge once installed. Including on my SWLE.

#11304 2 years ago

If your still having a issue switch to mylar it protects as well

#11305 2 years ago

This made my day. Thanks for posting that.

#11306 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have done that and redone that. But I will try it again.

You may have stripped wood in the rail!
Pack screw holes with tooth pic’s and re install screws.

#11307 2 years ago

Tooth pic's ?? it works better with toothpicks

#11308 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

Tooth pic's ?? it works better with toothpicks

Yep, been using toothpicks for years on stripped wooden holes...they work great in door hinges as well, not just pinball

#11309 2 years ago

I have a gameplay question. I've had my SW premium for about three months now. I've tried to find this info in rules, and on the forums and webs, and tried to figure out from gameplay as well, but nothing explains it that I could find:

1) The "escape" lane activates after the second round of force targets. What determines when it deactivates? Sometimes I go in, and it makes one sound, and it stays active. Other times, I hear a different sound, and it deactivates. I tried to pay attention to as many things as I could but was not able to figure out how to keep it active. Is it random, or something else?

2) The three shot multiplier lanes... They sometimes drop to two, or even one. I can't figure out what triggers that. As suggested for the less nimble players, I keep it set at hyperspace/left horseshoe, left ramp, and then right horseshoe. All lighted green. Every time I go to video mode, I don't get the multiplier -- like it went down to two active lanes. I have to move the active lane over at least one, but usually I have been moving it to the right horseshoe to get the multiplier if I'm going to do video mode.

Thanks!

#11310 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I have a gameplay question. I've had my SW premium for about three months now. I've tried to find this info in rules, and on the forums and webs, and tried to figure out from gameplay as well, but nothing explains it that I could find:
1) The "escape" lane activates after the second round of force targets. What determines when it deactivates? Sometimes I go in, and it makes one sound, and it stays active. Other times, I hear a different sound, and it deactivates. I tried to pay attention to as many things as I could but was not able to figure out how to keep it active. Is it random, or something else?
2) The three shot multiplier lanes... They sometimes drop to two, or even one. I can't figure out what triggers that. As suggested for the less nimble players, I keep it set at hyperspace/left horseshoe, left ramp, and then right horseshoe. All lighted green. Every time I go to video mode, I don't get the multiplier -- like it went down to two active lanes. I have to move the active lane over at least one, but usually I have been moving it to the right horseshoe to get the multiplier if I'm going to do video mode.
Thanks!

Regarding number 2. As your multiplier increases the number of lanes decreases from 3 to 2 to 1. When this happens (at what multiplier level it occurs) depends on the character. R2-D2 will keep 3 multiplier lanes active the longest (with the highest relative multiplier).

#11311 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Regarding number 2. As your multiplier increases the number of lanes decreases from 3 to 2 to 1. When this happens (at what multiplier level it occurs) depends on the character. R2-D2 will keep 3 multiplier lanes active the longest (with the highest relative multiplier).

you now know your lesson young padawan, seems i have nothing more to teach you !

(big lol of course) ...

#11312 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

Thanks!

well, quite simple, it desactivate when ball goes out there...
but than, sometimes you are with the "ball save" running, than...

in fact, feeling Dwight could/should correct this, as one thing you seems to not have seen is :

escape activate > ball goes out thrue the outlane > ball back > automatic launch > 1 sec & 2 rebounds later, ball again out thrue that outlane (you even didnt flip !!!) > ball over ... but we may also admit thats just pinball !!!

#11313 2 years ago

but now you can have ball save active for a duration (9 seconds example) and you can save several times (number adjustable), this was added in the last code.

#11314 2 years ago

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! New Grand Champion score! Han Solo. I love this game!

20210815_194543 (resized).jpg20210815_194543 (resized).jpg20210815_194547 (resized).jpg20210815_194547 (resized).jpg20210815_194550 (resized).jpg20210815_194550 (resized).jpg20210815_194638 (resized).jpg20210815_194638 (resized).jpg
#11315 2 years ago

Its such a good feeling when that happens.

#11316 2 years ago

That 3B bonus score! How did that happen in a 5.9B score game? That is crazy good!

#11317 2 years ago

So after only 2 months of use, the flipper spring has snapped on my left flipper. Seems it's a cheap part to replace, have ordered a new one... but just wondering is this bad luck, or something to expect regularly?

#11318 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

So after only 2 months of use, the flipper spring has snapped on my left flipper. Seems it's a cheap part to replace, have ordered a new one... but just wondering is this bad luck, or something to expect regularly?

Stuff happens, good thing it is a cheap part. Worse will happen in the future. It’s pinball!

#11319 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

That 3B bonus score! How did that happen in a 5.9B score game? That is crazy good!

I had a massive bonus on my 1st ball then I was awarded hold bonus as a mystery award and I kept picking hold bonus for my skill shot.

#11320 2 years ago

I had a massive bonus on my 1st ball then I was awarded hold bonus as a mystery award and I kept picking hold bonus for my skill shot.

in this particular case, you really must forget all we've already talked about this pin, but than only shoot for the upper inlanes again & again to advance bonus multiplier

as its really easy :

- grab the ball on the right flipper
- aim for the left lane
- advances upper inlanes/multiplier
- ball finally goes out/down thrue the right lane...
- back to point 1

#11321 2 years ago

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! New Grand Champion score! Han Solo. I love this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

my friend, to not let you enjoying alone, here's my tonight "training" with the 4 heros beating the emperor again, with Han

and what a mess while i really cant play with Leia (neither some exceptions)...

tonight (resized).jpgtonight (resized).jpg

#11322 2 years ago

Looking to trade my spiderman vault for a SWLE...reach out if you're looking to sell

#11323 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my friend, to not let you enjoying alone, here's my tonight "training" with the 4 heros beating the emperor again, with Han
and what a mess while i really cant play with Leia (neither some exceptions)...
[quoted image]

Absolutely incredible scores! I can't wait to make it to the Emperor!

#11324 2 years ago

Had this SW premium 7 and a half months and only the 2nd time making it to the emperor and 1st time beating him!! 5 ball, no stacking, han solo. got 2 billion on jedi multiball!! blew up one deathstar.

This game really gets your heart rate up and adrenaline going when you're having a great game! very underrated pin until you know the shots/code.

starwarsnewhighscore (resized).jpgstarwarsnewhighscore (resized).jpg

#11325 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Had this SW premium 7 and a half months and only the 2nd time making it to the emperor and 1st time beating him!! 5 ball, no stacking, han solo. got 2 billion on jedi multiball!!
This game really gets your heart rate up and adrenaline going when you're having a great game!
[quoted image]

Beast! No doubt this pin gets the blood pumping!

#11326 2 years ago

Installed Wizard Mod artwork today, really liking the look of it so far.

20210817_162625.jpg20210817_162625.jpg20210817_164727.jpg20210817_164727.jpg
#11327 2 years ago

Still wondering which model I will buy: pro or premium.

#11328 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

I went pro and really enjoy the game play and the cost savings. The hyperloop is really cool but I struggle to find it worth $1k+. That said if I found a good deal on a premium I'd get a premium.

#11329 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Depends on your skill level. I think a good player would get bored on the pro. The premium is much harder.

#11330 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Depends on your skill level. I think a good player would get board on the pro. The premium is much harder.

with my poor english, i suppose you wanna mean "bored" (board !?)
if yes, than bored is not the right word, as SW can be played in so many various way
but i agree this game is not really hard when you understand how to play it/what to do, and i also agree with the PRO being easier for just 1 shoot : the death star (which is an important one, as needeed in lot of situations)

mine should leave next week, as usual for a turn around (i only have this pin home), and than discover something else
for sure i will miss it ! it was a very good surprise to get/learn it, while at 1st i had a so-so feeling to buy it, but than i know now its a very nice machine
without a doubt, you can't go wrong getting this pin

#11331 2 years ago

Attention Star Wars Fans! Here is your chance to own a truly one-of-a-kind Star Wars Han Solo DL- 44 Blaster Replica. Highly detailed. This is a 3d printed model that has been hand sanded, painted, and treated to be as close to real as possible. This looks like the real deal, must see in person to believe.

50% of the proceeds are going to Dolphin Project: https://www.dolphinproject.com/

ebay.com link: itm

totan-167 (resized).jpgtotan-167 (resized).jpg

totan-172 (resized).jpgtotan-172 (resized).jpg
#11332 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

with my poor english, i suppose you wanna mean "bored" (board !?)
if yes, than bored is not the right word, as SW can be played in so many various way
but i agree this game is not really hard when you understand how to play it/what to do, and i also agree with the PRO being easier for just 1 shoot : the death star (which is an important one, as needeed in lot of situations)
mine should leave next week, as usual for a turn around (i only have this pin home), and than discover something else
for sure i will miss it ! it was a very good surprise to get/learn it, while at 1st i had a so-so feeling to buy it, but than i know now its a very nice machine
without a doubt, you can't go wrong getting this pin

Yes - should be bored. I typed it in a hurry.

#11333 2 years ago

just beaten my Hyperspace "best shot", with 3.598 B !!! for a single shot, that's crazy & let's admit very satisfying in the same time
this pin is a beast for that part of the code mixing very nicely hurry/up & multiplicators

#11334 2 years ago

When running light tests nothing flashes on point 178. Maybe this is for the pro only? As far i can see all my leds are working..

94828A34-0080-4E75-8F2C-44D8A9B22E23 (resized).jpeg94828A34-0080-4E75-8F2C-44D8A9B22E23 (resized).jpeg
#11335 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just beaten my Hyperspace "best shot", with 3.598 B !!! for a single shot, that's crazy & let's admit very satisfying in the same time
this pin is a beast for that part of the code mixing very nicely hurry/up & multiplicators

agreed!!!

#11336 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

I had a pro and sold it to get a premium and I am glad I did. Hyperloop is so cool!

#11337 2 years ago

So left orbit shot is draining every time. Looked to see if I could adjust metal on the right side when the ball shoots out. No luck. Any advice?

#11338 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

So left orbit shot is draining every time. Looked to see if I could adjust metal on the right side when the ball shoots out. No luck. Any advice?

A well timed nudge works for me.

#11339 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Rub your fingertip across the metal guide at the end of the orbit on the right side. If you feel a little bump file it down. The ball smashes into that guide and causes a little burr to form. It's enough to send the ball right between the flippers.

#11340 2 years ago

Will the Bally/williams remake coin taker mirror blades fit a Star Wars Pre?

https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

#11341 2 years ago

Still wondering if anyone has had the issue on the Premium or LE where in Hyperspace MB you load 2 balls in the loop and they just spin around until it times out. So I can’t get to 3+ balls. I’ve tried Stern but got no response so I’ll try again. In HS loop test mode, the game always says I have one fewer balls in the loop than I do.
I did a full SD card flash and it didn’t help. No switches indicate bad and the 4 optos for the magnet trough seem to work correctly.

#11342 2 years ago

after playing both the pro and premium, I could not go without the hyperloop and exploding deathstar. even though getting the ball up that ramp is such a tough shot, it's one of the most satisfying shots and coolest toys in pinball!!

#11343 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Will the Bally/williams remake coin taker mirror blades fit a Star Wars Pre?
https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

No, they are different silhouettes. I had ordered a set of original WMS blades for my Indy, and they had to sub the remake version because they are having trouble getting mirror blades right now. In that case, only the hole for the hinge bolt is supposed to be different. I'll find out later today.

I do have one set of my custom mirror blade sets for Star Wars on hand.

20210612_010011.jpg20210612_010011.jpg20210630_025226.jpg20210630_025226.jpg20210630_025243.jpg20210630_025243.jpg
#11344 2 years ago

i'm out of the club
again, must admit that SW was a very nice surprise to me, a very fun/good pin if you can get into the code

see you in another club (hotwheels ? iron man ? jp ? ... !?)

#11345 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Still wondering if anyone has had the issue on the Premium or LE where in Hyperspace MB you load 2 balls in the loop and they just spin around until it times out. So I can’t get to 3+ balls. I’ve tried Stern but got no response so I’ll try again. In HS loop test mode, the game always says I have one fewer balls in the loop than I do.
I did a full SD card flash and it didn’t help. No switches indicate bad and the 4 optos for the magnet trough seem to work correctly.

There is a particular time that you are allotted to get balls into the hyperspace loop during hyperspace multi-ball. This time is extended by hitting either the left orbit or right ramp, the same yellow shots that are activated to initiate the hyperspace multi-ball. If you don't get the balls up into that hyperspace loop in time, then only the balls that you were able to get up there will spin around until it times out and they come out, so if you can get two balls up and fail to get the third ball in there, it will just be a three ball multi ball, If you get the third ball up but fail to get the fourth ball, then a four ball multi ball, etc. Unless, if you are describing when you get the second ball up into the hyperspace loop and no further balls come out, then yes, that is a problem, and if that's the case, I wonder if the problem is at the ball trough? How many balls come out during your TIE fighter multiball, or other multi balls, does it typically stop it three balls? Have you tried to do this multi-ball with the glass off to test switches, etc. Sounds like when you run your tests everything checks out okay.

#11346 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

No, they are different silhouettes. I had ordered a set of original WMS blades for my Indy, and they had to sub the remake version because they are having trouble getting mirror blades right now. In that case, only the hole for the hinge bolt is supposed to be different. I'll find out later today.
I do have one set of my custom mirror blade sets for Star Wars on hand. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, those look pretty cool that you have there but I just want the plan mirror blades. Anyone know where I can get some for Star Wars?

#11347 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

There is a particular time that you are allotted to get balls into the hyperspace loop during hyperspace multi-ball. This time is extended by hitting either the left orbit or right ramp, the same yellow shots that are activated to initiate the hyperspace multi-ball. If you don't get the balls up into that hyperspace loop in time, then only the balls that you were able to get up there will spin around until it times out and they come out, so if you can get two balls up and fail to get the third ball in there, it will just be a three ball multi ball, If you get the third ball up but fail to get the fourth ball, then a four ball multi ball, etc. Unless, if you are describing when you get the second ball up into the hyperspace loop and no further balls come out, then yes, that is a problem, and if that's the case, I wonder if the problem is at the ball trough? How many balls come out during your TIE fighter multiball, or other multi balls, does it typically stop it three balls? Have you tried to do this multi-ball with the glass off to test switches, etc. Sounds like when you run your tests everything checks out okay.

This is the problem where the 3rd ball is not launched into the shooter lane. Thanks for the tip on the ball trough, I will check that and report back.
One thing that’s also off but not sure if it helps debug but in the HS loop test, if I put one ball in the loop it says I have 0. Then with 2 balls it says 1, etc. Always 1 less than actual.

#11348 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm out of the club
again, must admit that SW was a very nice surprise to me, a very fun/good pin if you can get into the code
see you in another club (hotwheels ? iron man ? jp ? ... !?)

Thanks for all your insight into strategies and scoring tips!

#11349 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

This is the problem where the 3rd ball is not launched into the shooter lane. Thanks for the tip on the ball trough, I will check that and report back.
One thing that’s also off but not sure if it helps debug but in the HS loop test, if I put one ball in the loop it says I have 0. Then with 2 balls it says 1, etc. Always 1 less than actual.

I just very recently got back in the club with a premium (so happy to have the game back). I'll look at my game later today and think about your problem. Almost makes me think there may be an opto or switch at the start of the loop (just above the fork) that may not be fully registering when hyperspace loop is activated (slower stopped balls, like when start a death star mode, probably do). If that's the case, and I'll check my game later, maybe the ball is flying above the opto beam (or for that matter, above the switch)...so in that vein of thought, adjusting the opto beam or switch height may fix that problem.

#11350 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks, those look pretty cool that you have there but I just want the plan mirror blades. Anyone know where I can get some for Star Wars?

This is where I got mine:
https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/stern-mirror-blades#

Pics of my installation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/218#post-6297054

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/227 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.