SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 302.
#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Crazy indeed, wanna sell it to me for 1k

Not even a little bit

#11152 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

Tab, eh? Okay. I get it now, and it makes sense. You would not want to be driving the coil to hold the gate open, there must be a mechanism to hold it, like a pushbutton switch that push on, then push off... Maybe if someone else knows more and could offer any suggestions? I'll check it out now that I have that to go on. Thanks...
--Dan M.

Sorry effed up adjust this stopper with the black rubber.
20210704_153746 (resized).jpg20210704_153746 (resized).jpg

#11153 2 years ago

I forget who suggested this, but thank you. I modified the power connection so that it was hidden in the back, instead of sticking out the side. I'd love an R2D2, but the price is insane.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQ13L3C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_0D0VSTPK1BC3S35TG0RW

20210704_172636 (resized).jpg20210704_172636 (resized).jpg20210704_180113 (resized).jpg20210704_180113 (resized).jpg
#11154 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

[quoted image]

I see… I’ll check this out tomorrow. Just got done lighting up some mass fireworks. Thanks for the tip.

#11155 2 years ago

Jamwin or others, could you please share the type of screw/metal plot that you need to get in order to fit the Gottlieb Siamese post on the playfield ?
I realized only after purchasing one that the regular plot wouldn't fit.
Thanks a lot !

#11156 2 years ago

Where to find some ‘exclusive’ mods for the prem/le version? Already bought the lightsaber mod from 2niro. But are there more out there?

#11157 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Where to find some ‘exclusive’ mods for the prem/le version? Already bought the lightsaber mod from 2niro. But are there more out there?

I just listed these. Best of both worlds: art and mirror blades in one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1333-jason-s-pinball-mods/05194-star-wars-mirror-blades

#11158 2 years ago

Looks good but already ordered the stern blades..

#11159 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Looks good but already ordered the stern blades..

Did you get the triple pack with 3 different designs? If so id like to buy a set your not going to use or anybody else out there that has the two extra sets laying around and wants to sell a set. Let me know!

#11160 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you get the triple pack with 3 different designs? If so id like to buy a set your not going to use or anybody else out there that has the two extra sets laying around and wants to sell a set. Let me know!

Nope, not as set. Only one pair

#11161 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nope, not as set. Only one pair

I dont think that's the Stern set then

#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I dont think that's the Stern set then

Yea, it is. Here in EU they sell it separately

#11163 2 years ago

So...this just fell on my playfield while I was having a multi ball frenzy... Can anyone help regarding where it comes from ?...
44AAD532-2102-4B0F-8D3D-E712559AF49A (resized).jpeg44AAD532-2102-4B0F-8D3D-E712559AF49A (resized).jpeg

Edit: found it was from the sides of the cabinet, to hold the sides...

#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

[quoted image]

That was absolutely it... It makes sense now. When I was first looking at this, I could tell that the initial movement was very "tight" And it didn't occur to me that the stop would correct that. With the stop adjusted, the initial movement is much smoother, which allows the coil to pull the gate. And then there's probably a holding current that traps it, since I could not see any other mechanical mechanism. I should have known better, since this is the technique I used on a prototype direct drive telescope that used a friction brake held by about 8 of these types of coils.

In any case, you solved this one for me! Thanks!

Regards,
Dan M.

#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

So...this just fell on my playfield while I was having a multi ball frenzy... Can anyone help regarding where it comes from ?...
[quoted image]
Edit: found it was from the sides of the cabinet, to hold the sides...

Awesome. They also use that same 11mm nut on the coin door, side rails (front and rear as you discovered) and inside of the backbox to hold the hinge.

#11166 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:I'm getting STDM shots nearly all the time when sending fast balls to the left outer Orbit, is that normal ? If not, what exactly should I adjust ? pictures most welcome as I'm a complete noob
Thanks !

That used to happen to me too. On my machine there is a brief moment when I can catch it with the right flipper, I tend to keep the right flipper extended after I hit the left orbit hard and that deflects it back over to the left.

#11167 2 years ago

Where to find ramp decals? Or who can make them for me?

#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Where to find ramp decals? Or who can make them for me?

I would order from Stern. (Through a distributor). I recently bought a playfield decal set.

#11169 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I would order from Stern. (Through a distributor). I recently bought a playfield decal set.

I mean decals for ramps stern never make those

#11170 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I mean decals for ramps stern never make those

Wouldn't hurt to ask them! Pablo has been awesome in helping me out.

#11171 2 years ago

Wouldn't hurt to ask them! Pablo has been awesome in helping me out.

True! I will try but my experience with stern is that i have to wait weeks for reply, we will see

#11172 2 years ago

Has anyone removed their goody bag from their Star Wars? If so, got any pics of what's inside? I know there are extra slingshot plastics and keychain fobs...anything else? Just curious.

#11173 2 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

That used to happen to me too. On my machine there is a brief moment when I can catch it with the right flipper, I tend to keep the right flipper extended after I hit the left orbit hard and that deflects it back over to the left.

Thanks ! On my end the issue is more with the left orbit and I usually try that too, keeping the left flipper extended, but the ball usually falls short 75% of the time.... :-/
It can be so frustrating when everything else has gone well in a game ! And I still don't know with which metal plots I should buy to be able to attach the Siamese Gottlieb dual post (C-17492C) in order to close a bit the left outlane...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

#11174 2 years ago

Anyone install a complete pinwoofer system in there star wars yet? If so how were your results?

#11175 2 years ago

Just scored my first billion today!!! I never thought this day would come ha ha. Game is so fun when you get in the zone.

#11176 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Anyone install a complete pinwoofer system in there star wars yet? If so how were your results?

Yes I did last summer.
Fantastic results once you balance the backbox
speakers and cabinet sub.

I also have a Pinnovators line out that I connect
to my quadraphonic ( 4 speakers..a and b channels plus subwoofer) stereo system in gameroom for the ultimate
experience.

PinWoofer by itself is super awesome .

#11177 2 years ago

I haven’t updated the game code to 1.10.0 yet. Looking at the change log it doesn’t look like it is worth it to me. I am aware that it will reset all the high scores. Is it worth it? Are there any parts of the code that you really like or is it just a waste of time? I’d appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

#11178 2 years ago

I'm having the same "out the right orbit, sdtm" deal. Only tilting hard will stop it from going straight down the middle. Is there any way to adjust this?

#11179 2 years ago

I’m having the same problem out of both orbits

#11180 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I'm having the same "out the right orbit, sdtm" deal. Only tilting hard will stop it from going straight down the middle. Is there any way to adjust this?

Quoted from livetowin:

I’m having the same problem out of both orbits

You got to loosen the exit sides of the orbits and push them into place and tighten them down good and sometimes even have to put alittle bit of a bend in them. I had more trouble with the inner horseshoe especially shooting through the Deathstar and out Hoth but after alot of messing with it I barely ever get any more SDTMs.

#11181 2 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Are there any parts of the code that you really like or is it just a waste of time? I’d appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

The drain on endor mission select is gone. That one alone is worth the update

#11182 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Is there any way to adjust this?

File down the burr at the end of the right lane guide. It is created by the ball hitting the face of the guide in play. It's ever so small, and you can only feel it with your finger nail, but removing it makes the difference between stem and right flipper. This information comes from Steve Ritchie himself.

#11183 2 years ago

Anyone able to fix the machine gun reset of the FORCE drop targets on premium/LE’s? I’ve removed, cleaned and resoldered the contact points of the optos on each of the two boards. I’ve read this is a design flaw and I see aftermarket boards for sale here on pinside. Before I purchase the aftermarket boards I figured I would check here and see if anyone has come up with a fix.

Thanks in advance.

#11184 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Anyone able to fix the machine gun reset of the FORCE drop targets on premium/LE’s? I’ve removed, cleaned and resoldered the contact points of the optos on each of the two boards. I’ve read this is a design flaw and I see aftermarket boards for sale here on pinside. Before I purchase the aftermarket boards I figured I would check here and see if anyone has come up with a fix.
Thanks in advance.

Never heard of this...do the targets just go up and down real fast a few times? Pros don't do this?

#11185 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the plastic piece/bar that the drops rest on is broken. If you reset by hand, do the drops stay up?

#11186 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Thanks in advance.

I think something is broken on your machine. Never heard of a design flaw causing this particular problem before.

#11187 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Sounds like the plastic piece/bar that the drops rest on is broken. If you reset by hand, do the drops stay up?

It's probably this plastic piece. I had the same problem on my Black Knight. New part was only a dollar or less at pinballlife.

20210302_100110 (resized).jpg20210302_100110 (resized).jpg
#11188 2 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

It's probably this plastic piece. I had the same problem on my Black Knight. New part was only a dollar or less at pinballlife. [quoted image]

Yep that's the one

#11189 2 years ago

I'll be buying a few spares, Star Wars resets the targets more than Black Knight so I'm sure this will eventually break. BTW I've had my SW premium a month and I'm loving it.

#11190 2 years ago
SmartSelect_20210608-195656_Gallery (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210608-195656_Gallery (resized).jpg
#11191 2 years ago

I have one more pin than I have space for and I'm considering mixing up my lineup a little beyond that. All my games are excellent shape or soon will be (restoring Seawitch and BoP now). In one of my senerios I let go of my Star Wars Comic premium. My thought is that it is worth a lot now and I can always repurchase it if I miss it. The problem is I really like the look of the comic version. I'm not sure the normal release would scratch my Star Wars itch later on. Am I crazy to consider parting with Star Wars?

20210711_083905 (resized).jpg20210711_083905 (resized).jpg
#11192 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have one more pin than I have space for and I'm considering mixing up my lineup a little beyond that. All my games are excellent shape or soon will be (restoring Seawitch and BoP now). In one of my senerios I let go of my Star Wars Comic premium. My thought is that it is worth a lot now and I can always repurchase it if I miss it. The problem is I really like the look of the comic version. I'm not sure the normal release would scratch my Star Wars itch later on. Am I crazy to consider parting with Star Wars?
[quoted image]

I would literally sell every other game 1st...but that's me.

#11193 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have one more pin than I have space for

What little I can see of that Twilight Zone in that pic...sheesh, looks like garbage. Let me help you out and arrange for somebody to haul it away to the landfill. You've suffered enough.

#11194 2 years ago

Nothing is broken to the eye. This is an opto issue. The machine resets the targets the first time every time, but the coil fires several times after it resets. If you search the market here on pinside for Star Wars, the aftermarket boards show up saying they are a fix to this common problem with the Star Wars drop targets. From the responses it seems as if this “isn’t” a widespread issue and I just need to dig deeper.

#11195 2 years ago

Sorry if this is a dumb question. What does Jedi training & rank do? I can’t work it out.

#11196 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. What does Jedi training & rank do? I can’t work it out.

the higher level the more pts you get completing targets
and you need to reach last level to get the wizard mode
in fact, Dwight added this to make the pin a bit harder, even if to me (and mostly others ?) i never really aim for these targets, this came "alone"...

also notice that targets may be lit for a t-fighter (which can help if you're not far from the multiball), in this case may be you wanna aim for them, but this remain dangerous with some return ball

#11197 2 years ago

Nitpicking here I guess but does it bother anyone else that Yoda gets cut off sometimes? On ball 3 especially...Do or do not, there is no GAME OVER!

#11198 2 years ago

Thanks RipleYYY appreciate it

#11199 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Thanks RipleYYY appreciate it

you're welcome
i read a few above you finally get 1B points, than let me ask : are you playing while really using the lane(s) multiplicator ?
if not, that's the main point you have to focuse on, the real key on SW, and than you will see that 1B is just not that high
good luck !

#11200 2 years ago

Nitpicking here I guess but does it bother anyone else that Yoda gets cut off sometimes? On ball 3 especially...Do or do not, there is no GAME OVER!

Mine does not do that. Unless I cut him off before he can finish talking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.