IMG_0839 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg
0633E303-DBFF-4422-A598-AA2F7AB7BCB5 (resized).jpeg
20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 299.
#1 6 years ago

Now that it has finally been announced, who is in for what models?

I'm possibly in for a premium.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Now that it has finally been announced, who is in for what models?

I'm sick. I'm getting the LE. Somehow, someway, I will have the LE . I don't care if it plummets to worthless, the game looks like it's a winner to me .

#3 6 years ago

Those Might be in for a pro. Not day one though...need to play it first cause I'd have to sell GOT to fund it.

#4 6 years ago

I think I like the premium art over le ATM. Waiting on better pics.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think I like the premium art over le ATM. Waiting on better pics.

Unfortunately we will have to wait until 6 June for some hi res pics but I'm liking the premium art over the pro at the moment.

#6 6 years ago

I like the Premium art but prefer the Pro backglass.

StarWars (resized).jpgStarWars (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I might grab a premium once I see how it plays and how the quality is, no more pre-buying for me. I'll sit it out a year and see what happens.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Those Might be in for a pro. Not day one though...need to play it first cause I'd have to sell GOT to fund it.

How much for your GOT I might want to buy it

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

How much for your GOT I might want to buy it

I don't know how much is SW?

#10 6 years ago

Based on initial pics... a price hike on this one won't sit well with me. It looks like it might be a fun pin, but looks like another typical stern pin, I don't mean that in a bad way necessarily, I like Ritchie designed pins. I just don't see anything yet to justify another price hike. I think I'll still look at possibly buying a twd premium. I like the cab art on all 3 SW versions.

#11 6 years ago

What is in the top right of the premium glass?

Trash compactor monster?

#12 6 years ago

The Data East version is looking better by the minute.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Data East version is looking better by the minute.

Is it? I mean somehow that flatliner just went up in price

Nice work with the game link on the other thread

#14 6 years ago

Can I be the first to complain about incomplete code??

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Lol par for the course these days right?

#17 6 years ago

I'm considering a premium as my first stern that isn't a pro but I really want to play it first.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice work with the game link on the other thread

Thanks! I already got accosted for doing that. But I did find it quite fitting

Since I am perma banned from the entire Stern sub forum even after going out on a limb and buying a Batman66 with bare bones code, it's all I got left.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I already got accosted for doing that.

I think this Star Wars will blow away the DE one ... so we are in total disagreement.

Having said that, I don't know why people get all worked up when people criticize a pinball machine. If you're right, bozos like me will take a bath cash wise and will make feeble attempts to justify owning a pile of trash. If you're wrong, then I'll have a great pinball machine light years ahead of any Star Wars themed pin out there. I haven't seen you post anything that would warrant a ban. Talk about thin skinned people out there ...

I guess people are too enthralled with owning these things as "investments" and not as they toys that they are .

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Having said that, I don't know why people get all worked up when people criticize a pinball machine.

I don't either. And I don't know why people defend them or buy them when they haven't even played them yet.

I can make a judgement whether it is an appealing theme or rendition of a theme just by looking at it, but I sure as hell would never buy one until I had a chance to play it and it really won me over.

#22 6 years ago

LE ordered, to put on location. Maybe a bit of a gamble, considering there's often some issues which need to be ironed out, but we decided to take the chance on this one.

#23 6 years ago

I am in for an LE. I think it looks like a classic layout and I hope will have some cool gimmicks / surprises yet to be discovered...

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I sure as hell would never buy one until I had a chance to play it and it really won me over.

I'm like that 99% of the time. I missed out on Tron LE due to my bias against anything photoshopped on a playfield and the overall look of the machine in pictures. I don't want to make that mistake this time around.

I'm in a position where I can mitigate some of the risk buying this sight unseen ... I can put it out in a very safe location (i.e. work) and earn some cash to offset what I'm probably going to be spending. I'd probably*not* risk buying one like this if it weren't for that particular "feature" .

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I missed out on Tron LE due to my bias against anything photoshopped on a playfield and the overall look of the machine in pictures.

I didn't. I bought a TronLE after I had the chance to play one. I even played Batman66 before I bought it because it was fun and had great potential. I just couldn't keep it around gathering dust waiting for each minuscule code update and then wait for the next one while it gathered more dust.

I will wait until a game is finished from now on before deciding to buy it... No dream theme can change my mind about that.

#26 6 years ago

Pricing is the same as Aerosmith

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... No dream theme can change my mind about that.

But you don;t really have a dream theme do you...I mean not one that would get made today? I don't...I wish I could get so jazzed up aboot a theme to cream my jeans online talking to a bunch of bros.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But you don;t really have a dream theme do you...I mean not one that would get made today?

I think Fast and Furious might do it. I dig all those movies and would get pretty excited if it was announced. But again I would have to play it and it be at least near finished code wise before I'd want it in my home to play.

I can see how for location finished code isn't as big a deal, but for home I want everything the game has to offer so I don't tire of it by the time it does.

#29 6 years ago

I'm leaning towards premium which is a step up for me. I'm normally a pro buyer

However I think I'm taking the plunge on AS pro first.

#30 6 years ago

Got a call from our local distributor and placed my pre order for a LE a few hours ago. $8499

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're high. You do NOT sell GOT to get SW. You have other options...

I'm in for an LE. I knew about this machine back in 2015 and had my sights on it...

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Not with Dwight on it, and not if it's anything like GOT when it shipped. That's a fairly complete game.

#34 6 years ago

That's sure is a lot of crack

#35 6 years ago

Pretty much been in on a Premium since the rumors started. Ain't buying one until the code is "done-ish". No rush, I'm sure they will run these for a while.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're high. You do NOT sell GOT to get SW. You have other options...

GOT is what would go.. Just the way it shakes out that's why I'm waiting. I have deposit down on SW but it took forever so I ponies up for a DI.
We shall see

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I'm leaning towards premium which is a step up for me. I'm normally a pro buyer
However I think I'm taking the plunge on AS pro first.

I'm always a pro buyer also but the premium art looks great so far. Will have to wait for the hi res pics etc though, but i dont mind waiting for a premium.

#38 6 years ago

#39 6 years ago

I'M a massive Star Wars fan (whole family is) but I am just not feeling this one.

I'm not a big Aerosmith fan...but it just looks like a better pin to me.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'M a massive Star Wars fan (whole family is) but I am just not feeling this one.
I'm not a big Aerosmith fan...but it just looks like a better pin to me.

Exactly how I feel. Waiting for gameplay video first and hoping it blows me away. Have an le spot currently, but probably going premium if any.

#41 6 years ago

Funny to see all the : I'm in , I get a LE, premium for me,

Let's not be so hasty throwing money at them.

Let's see how it's build first.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Funny to see all the : I'm in , I get a LE, premium for me,
Let's not be so hasty throwing money at them.
Let's see how it's build first.

That's one of the joys of being interested in a premium....they are usually made last, so you get to see all the videos etc and even play a LE to see if you like it.

#43 6 years ago

Ordered an LE...

Hope there is some intergration of the LE backglass/Translite and there is a few more special features than we can see..

#44 6 years ago

Premium here. Gotta give it a go just for the plunge to the three-bank. I assume that's where is aiming?

#45 6 years ago

Wonder if the death star has a lazed or something in it, that would be cool, fires across at the screen and you see a planet blow up!

#46 6 years ago

I would like to get one and at this stage a premium. It's ticking the boxes for me, if it's got great sound and code it will be plenty of fun. Played data east and sega Star Wars pinball a bunch so bring on some new blood.

#47 6 years ago

Looking forward to the official Stern releases - feature matrix & video, but at the moment the premium looks like the one I would go for and add my own EL side rails.

#48 6 years ago

in on the LE but I like the art of the Premium..

same story for me when I was on the list for a GoT LE..Switched to prem. and now sold it so that's a bad sign

#49 6 years ago

Looks like a potentially fun layout, but as some predicted, the cabinet and pf art are mediocre at best.

I think it'll live or die (for non Star Wars fans) on how good the LCD is, or not. That and code.

Looks wise, I know who will be breathing a sigh of relief - JJP.

#50 6 years ago

Looks like a cheapo rehashed Sega title. Layout is AC/DC.

Thanks, but this is not for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
13,700 (OBO)
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.