20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 300.
#11401 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had fifty of them done back then, but all sold by now. If there were sufficient people interested i could do another run, but it's not very likely.

I’m in

#11402 2 years ago

Bump for these @pinworlds to be remade! Such a awesome job.

431336FE-C0CA-44A7-94CB-480B8E080744 (resized).jpeg431336FE-C0CA-44A7-94CB-480B8E080744 (resized).jpeg
#11403 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I finally blew up the Death Star! I had only seen it work in test thus far.
[quoted image]

Nice! Had mine for a year now and never even tested it 'cause I wanted to be surprised. Got my first destruction last weekend and it was worth the wait!

#11404 2 years ago

PSA: The 3D start buttons that SkyKing2301 makes are *chef's kiss*. We got a set for all the machines we have that he currently makes them for (all but BKSOR at the moment), and here is how the SW one looks installed w/ the green backing:

IMG_4395 (resized).jpgIMG_4395 (resized).jpgIMG_4396 (resized).jpgIMG_4396 (resized).jpgIMG_4397 (resized).jpgIMG_4397 (resized).jpgIMG_4401 (resized).jpgIMG_4401 (resized).jpgIMG_4404 (resized).jpgIMG_4404 (resized).jpg
#11405 2 years ago

I officially joined the club last week and have really been enjoying this game. I go through my games and try to dial them in if I see any issues. I was getting a good bit of airballs off the tie fighter and monitor targets so I bought the airball protector from Mezel Mods and made a video of the install. I hope this helps anyone looking to install this airball protector.

#11406 2 years ago

The angle of the stand up targets relative to the pf seems to have a direct effect on airballs. If the targets are angled back at all they will launch the ball up rather than back to the player.

#11407 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

PSA: The 3D start buttons that SkyKing2301 makes are *chef's kiss*. We got a set for all the machines we have that he currently makes them for (all but BKSOR at the moment), and here is how the SW one looks installed w/ the green backing:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that start button @zeldarioid. Dumb question - does that just stick onto the start button or is it more complicated to install?

#11408 2 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Love that start button zeldarioid. Dumb question - does that just stick onto the start button or is it more complicated to install?

He has an install video in his market place add so you can see exactly what is involved in the install.

#11409 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

He has an install video in his market place add so you can see exactly what is involved in the install.

That'll teach me to go straight to the website instead of checking the marketplace on here. Thank you.

#11410 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had fifty of them done back then, but all sold by now. If there were sufficient people interested i could do another run, but it's not very likely.

Anyone else want one???

#11411 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone else want one???

Since then there were two people interested. If you can find me 50 people i can get a quotation for you. They won't do less than that anymore... :/

#11412 2 years ago

Since he won't likely do another run, why not just upload the file and people can make their own?

#11413 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Since he won't likely do another run, why not just upload the file and people can make their own?

How dare you cloud the issue with logic???

#11414 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone else want one???

I would buy one!!

I wonder if Mezel Mods would get in the mix...I've bought the majority of my mods from them and they are awesome.

#11415 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm out of the club
again, must admit that SW was a very nice surprise to me, a very fun/good pin if you can get into the code
see you in another club (hotwheels ? iron man ? jp ? ... !?)

Thanks for all the help

#11416 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Thanks for all the help

it was a pleasure to simply share with evbd

and next one is here, not really an "as quick" game but no matter (lol)
just made a 1st hi-score... there still enough room to TILT it under the million

IMG_20210906_211704_997 (resized).jpgIMG_20210906_211704_997 (resized).jpg

this one as nostalgia item in my desk
but than IRON MAN should follow soon in the garage, as more hardcore game...

#11417 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

lol - you crack me up. why won't I?

Because the "file" is the pdf of the offical stern card, which I obtained from... STERN. I also provided it to thepinballrebel and you can download it here:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Just have it printed on a stainless steel plate and you are good.

#11418 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

lol - you crack me up. why won't I?
Because the "file" is the pdf of the offical stern card, which I obtained from... STERN. I also provided it to thepinballrebel and you can download it here:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/
Just have it printed on a stainless steel plate and you are good.

I was referring to the 3D start button.

#11419 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That I didn'T get. Makes a lot more sense tho

#11420 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There may be some confusion/ crosstalk about the various mods being discussed.

To be clear, my 3D Start Buttons (and 3D Coin Reject Buttons) are available at any time and are printed to order.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05036-3d-start-button-star-wars

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05033-3d-coin-reject-buttons-star-wars-stern

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

#11421 2 years ago

Happy to be back in the club! Really missed this game and glad to have one back
Did some similar additions to my last game and a couple new things as well:

Grabbed an Armada Series Star Destroyer like last time, but this time I added white LED light strips from the inside lighting up the side windows (hard to fully capture in the pics here) and a smaller blue strip from the inside facing back emanating light from the thrusters (which you can't see in these pics, but looks really cool in person). Added 2 TIE Fighters behind the TIE Fighter spring toy (each one smaller than the one in front of it for perspective), and added the Slave 1 ship to the right ramp entrance similar to last time. I added the small high-definition (Expansion pack) X-Wing fighters up close by the inlane return plastics like last time (god guys in front, bad guys in back).

Also this time I added black mirror blades and black mirrored flipper bats from Pinball Decals, which I think looks great. Waiting on some asteroid belts and clusters now which ill add in front of the Millennium Falcon and in-between the Slave 1 ship and Star destroyer (to add perspective and separate those two ships a bit more). Not captured in these pics, but I did add that left outlane post mod that is new to me and available on the Pinside SW marketplace. It fits great and made of PETG, so it should hold up well.

So happy with this game.
Lucky enough to find a NIB recently at my local distributor and this one plays great. Actually, one of the smoothest left fork ramp / hyperspace ramps Ive come across, so i feel lucky as it gets.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#11422 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Happy to be back in the club! Really missed this game and glad to have one back
Did some similar additions to my last game and a couple new things as well:
Grabbed an Armada Series Star Destroyer like last time, but this time I added white LED light strips from the inside lighting up the side windows (hard to fully capture in the pics here) and a smaller blue strip from the inside facing back emanating light from the thrusters (which you can't see in these pics, but looks really cool in person). Added 2 TIE Fighters behind the TIE Fighter spring toy (each one smaller than the one in front of it for perspective), and added the Slave 1 ship to the right ramp entrance similar to last time. I added the small high-definition (Expansion pack) X-Wing fighters up close by the inlane return plastics like last time (god guys in front, bad guys in back).
Also this time I added black mirror blades and black mirrored flipper bats from Pinball Decals, which I think looks great. Waiting on some asteroid belts and clusters now which ill add in front of the Millennium Falcon and in-between the Slave 1 ship and Star destroyer (to add perspective and separate those two ships a bit more). Not captured in these pics, but I did add that left outlane post mod that is new to me and available on the Pinside SW marketplace. It fits great and made of PETG, so it should hold up well.
So happy with this game.
Lucky enough to find a NIB recently at my local distributor and this one plays great. Actually, one of the smoothest left fork ramp / hyperspace ramps Ive come across, so i feel lucky as it gets.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, love the mods, they look great. You mind listing where you got them from.
Thank you

#11424 2 years ago

Not so sure why some of those little smiley faces came up on the links, that's kind of weird, but I checked each one and they went to the site that I was aiming for, so despite those little smiley faces in the above links, those links will work, haha.

#11426 2 years ago

A few years ago I added some posts showing what I used and how I did it. I've modified my technique a little bit, but not much. If you go to a post #2512 and then scroll over the next couple pages, you will see my prior posts on the subject.

But in short, I get the wire from Hobby Lobby. The wire itself is called "Music Wire" and when you go to take a look, you will find different sizes and strengths to hold whatever item it is that you're looking to hold.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hobby+lobby+music+wire&source=hp&ei=p985YcrNOIXp_QbO_rP4Cg&oq=Hobby+lobby+music+wire&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBADMgUIABCABDIFCCEQoAE6EQguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCEJMCOggIABCABBCxAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDOgsILhCABBDHARCvAVC1F1ivH2CqJmgAcAB4AIABlgGIAfMEkgEDMC41mAEAoAEBsAEA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

#11427 2 years ago

Specifically for this project:

for the middle/medium size TIE fighter and the slave 1 ship, I used .047 music wire (pretty sturdy wire).

For the smaller TIE fighter in the back and for the small x-wings by the inline plastics I used .032 wire (sturdy over shorter distances, smaller diameter).

For the Star Destroyer I used a softer wire from Hobby lobby that is from the same company, packaging is the same, but as opposed to being called music wire it is called "1/16 Alum Tube." For this part, I made my height only about 1 ", but because it is a relatively broad toy and I needed to bend the ship off towards the pop bumpers in order to fasten the screw down to the side of the ramp, and then bring the Star Destroyer back up, a softer material was needed. As long as you don't go back and forth too many times, I find that despite the metal being soft and it holds pretty sturdy (and the right side edge of the ship can also get some additional support by resting on the edge of the right ramp).

#11428 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Specifically for this project

Just in case anyone needs an idea, how to mount this specific model on the wire.

collage (resized).jpgcollage (resized).jpg

#11429 2 years ago

Many thanks to my new pinfriend Mike @starfighter! Thanks so much for the banner!

received_6096462380427885 (resized).jpegreceived_6096462380427885 (resized).jpeg
#11430 2 years ago

Thought this was a cool tweet

20210911_201249 (resized).jpg20210911_201249 (resized).jpg
#11431 2 years ago

^^^that is cool.

#11432 2 years ago

Hi there, lightsabers are now available on Mesel Mods
lightsaber.giflightsaber.gif

#11433 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

[quoted image]

no they aren’t… i just checked.

#11434 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

no they aren’t… i just checked.

You've got a cookie problem, reload the page. They have 4 left. I bought one last night.

Screenshot_20210912-081018_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210912-081018_Chrome (resized).jpg

#11435 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

[quoted image]

Love it! Just ordered one... thanks for posting.

#11436 2 years ago

Personally, this is one of the best mods ever made! You will not be disappointed!! Franck did a great job on this!

#11437 2 years ago

The circle is now complete.

Added Translucent Drop Targets from www.Pinball-Mods.com

(Added black acrylic paint to the tabs that run in between the Optos on the drop targets as they won't work otherwise)

Also, added mirror blades from www.cointaker.com , covering up my older art sideblades, these just make the space battle theme I'm going for come alive

First pick had the upgraded drop targets - but no side mirrors - the rest are with the mirrorblades

Here's a VIDEO FLYBY

https://photos.app.goo.gl/doabSJugnsLXraYd6
20210912_102430 (resized).jpg20210912_102430 (resized).jpg20210912_122235 (resized).jpg20210912_122235 (resized).jpg20210912_122410 (resized).jpg20210912_122410 (resized).jpg20210912_122419 (resized).jpg20210912_122419 (resized).jpg20210912_122441 (resized).jpg20210912_122441 (resized).jpg20210912_122512 (resized).jpg20210912_122512 (resized).jpg20210912_122837 (resized).jpg20210912_122837 (resized).jpg

#11438 2 years ago

I think the clear drop targets with led underlighting is one of the best mods for SW. I left mine without the stickers on them for more effect.

#11439 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I think the clear drop targets with led underlighting is one of the best mods for SW. I left mine without the stickers on them for more effect.

They really change things...not just looks, but they bring the drop targets more into focus into the gameplay, whereas before it was kind of an afterthought. It also helps flesh out the colors on the playfield a little better by allowing more of the GI to shine through and around

I thought about leaving the stickers off too as well. They look amazing either way.

#11440 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You've got a cookie problem, reload the page. They have 4 left. I bought one last night.
[quoted image]

Couldn’t see it because I searched for Light saber instead of lightsaber.

Found and ordered as well.

#11441 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

They really change things...not just looks, but they bring the drop targets more into focus into the gameplay, whereas before it was kind of an afterthought. It also helps flesh out the colors on the playfield a little better by allowing more of the GI to shine through and around
I thought about leaving the stickers off too as well. They look amazing either way.

Agree, those drop targets look amazing. Where did you get them?

#11442 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Couldn’t see it because I searched for Light saber instead of lightsaber.
Found and ordered as well.

LoL Star Wars nerd you are not

#11443 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just ordered them from mezel mods

#11444 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just ordered them from mezel mods

Heck yes, just ordered some as well! Those things are awesome looking!

#11445 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I got the drop downs from pinball-mods.com

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-stern-p-48.html

Looks like mezel mods carries the full Target and light kit now also

I got the under playfield lighting from mezel mods

https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-force-target-illumination

Just a heads up, if you buy the targets from pinball-mods... You have to black out the tab that runs between the two optical sensors on the translucent target.. I just painted mine with 2 coats of black acrylic paint.

I think mezel comes blacked out already

#11446 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I got the drop downs from pinball-mods.com
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-stern-p-48.html
Looks like mezel mods carries the full Target and light kit now also
I got the under playfield lighting from mezel mods
https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-force-target-illumination
Just a heads up, if you buy the targets from pinball-mods... You have to black out the tab that runs between the two optical sensors on the translucent target.. I just painted mine with 2 coats of black acrylic paint.
I think mezel comes blacked out already

Thx guys for the info!!! It looks like it's an amazing upgrade. I'm stoked to try these out!

#11447 2 years ago

Just thought I would post this. The Captain's Auction is selling all the pins from the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA. Star Wars premium sold for 10500 bucks. A NIB costs 8100. Ridiculous.

#11448 2 years ago

Do you need to tack on 25% buyer's cost to that number?

#11449 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just thought I would post this. The Captain's Auction is selling all the pins from the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA. Star Wars premium sold for 10500 bucks. A NIB costs 8100. Ridiculous.

yes, of course, but... the NIB one didnt stand at the Pinball Museum !!!

(sarcasm inside, as a joke of course)

#11450 2 years ago

Had a dream run today, managed to blow up both death stars, and shoot a hyperspace shot worth 1.5 billion. Love this game!

20210919_124045.jpg20210919_124045.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.