SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 302.
#11351 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

This is the problem where the 3rd ball is not launched into the shooter lane. Thanks for the tip on the ball trough, I will check that and report back.
One thing that’s also off but not sure if it helps debug but in the HS loop test, if I put one ball in the loop it says I have 0. Then with 2 balls it says 1, etc. Always 1 less than actual.

Ball trough registers all 6 switches correctly.

#11352 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Ball trough registers all 6 switches correctly.

With the problem occurring only with the hyperspace multi-ball, makes me think there has to be some switch above the fork as it enters into the ramp that might not be getting reliably triggered, thus it seems like that would probably be the switch (or opto) that needs to be adjusted to acknowledge a ball entering the ramp (or passing by).

That said, the fact that you are able to get a second ball in that hyperspace ramp during that multi-ball implies that whatever that switch is, it does register (at least once) because a second ball comes out into play. I wonder if there are any other registering mechanisms present on that hyperspace loop or if all of the switches are hidden underneath the death Star (which is probably the case) to register both entering and passing balls. In your case, I wonder if as the balls are going around (during hyperspace mb) they are potentially going too fast to register a switch on that loop that maybe sitting a bit low, or an opto that's positioned a bit too low (both of which probably have some degree of adjustment that could be made)?

#11353 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

With the problem occurring only with the hyperspace multi-ball, makes me think there has to be some switch above the fork as it enters into the ramp that might not be getting reliably triggered, thus it seems like that would probably be the switch (or opto) that needs to be adjusted to acknowledge a ball entering the ramp (or passing by).
That said, the fact that you are able to get a second ball in that hyperspace ramp during that multi-ball implies that whatever that switch is, it does register (at least once) because a second ball comes out into play. I wonder if there are any other registering mechanisms present on that hyperspace loop or if all of the switches are hidden underneath the death Star (which is probably the case) to register both entering and passing balls. In your case, I wonder if as the balls are going around (during hyperspace mb) they are potentially going too fast to register a switch on that loop that maybe sitting a bit low, or an opto that's positioned a bit too low (both of which probably have some degree of adjustment that could be made)?

So just now I took an extra ball and run a game with the glass off. When HS mb started, I took the 2nd ball on the pf, plus the extra ball, and loaded them into the loop (not at the fork jump, just tossing it inside the wireform). Then the game would launch another ball. Then I tried again without an extra ball, and only loaded the 2nd ball, and the game sent me a third ball. Hooray! Started another game and it still worked. Hopefully it works in a real game now!

I did consider the optos but in all my testing in test mode I would see all 4 optos run every time. So we'll see how this goes. If the problem continues I'll have to ping Dwight because he obviously knows exactly how it keeps track of balls in the loop. It must time the one ball when it starts, as a baseline, then if sees an opto trigger too early, it know there's 2, etc. So all it has to do is say, in this given amount of time, how many times did one of the optos register? The question is, does HS hurry-up allow any of the 4 optos to count as a shot, whereas in HS mb, only of the 4 is used for counting, and if that opto is flaky, you're hosed.

#11354 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So just now I took an extra ball and run a game with the glass off. When HS mb started, I took the 2nd ball on the pf, plus the extra ball, and loaded them into the loop (not at the fork jump, just tossing it inside the wireform). Then the game would launch another ball. Then I tried again without an extra ball, and only loaded the 2nd ball, and the game sent me a third ball. Hooray! Started another game and it still worked. Hopefully it works in a real game now!
I did consider the optos but in all my testing in test mode I would see all 4 optos run every time. So we'll see how this goes. If the problem continues I'll have to ping Dwight because he obviously knows exactly how it keeps track of balls in the loop. It must time the one ball when it starts, as a baseline, then if sees an opto trigger too early, it know there's 2, etc. So all it has to do is say, in this given amount of time, how many times did one of the optos register? The question is, does HS hurry-up allow any of the 4 optos to count as a shot, whereas in HS mb, only of the 4 is used for counting, and if that opto is flaky, you're hosed.

Seems as though the problem is/was isolated to that HS ramp opto, and it looks like for whatever reason it sorted itself out on its own, that's awesome!

#11355 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

So left orbit shot is draining every time. Looked to see if I could adjust metal on the right side when the ball shoots out. No luck. Any advice?

I just bought a 6 piece mini file set from Lowe's for $4. A dozen or so gentle passes across the burr on the rail and no more loss ball from the orbit down the middle. Do a couple passes and check with your finger if smooth. Repeat until burr is gone.

#11356 2 years ago

I'm in:

20210823_114959 (resized).jpg20210823_114959 (resized).jpg
20210824_200207 (resized).jpg20210824_200207 (resized).jpg

#11357 2 years ago

Congrats! I'm in line to be in, with a spot in the December run. If the December run happens. So many other runs are delayed I won't be surprised if mine gets pushed back into 2022, but for now they haven't changed the schedule for SW.

#11358 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm in:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow your serial number is real close to mine. Got mine 3/31 and it was made 3/29. Did you buy from a distributor with stock (so you weren't waiting for it)?

FB_IMG_1617141390613 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617141390613 (resized).jpg
#11359 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm in:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats its a great game! I had a pro then sold it and got a premium. The hyperloop and exploding Death Star is awesome in the premium.

#11360 2 years ago

I think the ship from Amazon is a perfect size..

103C2C82-6084-4050-B312-EFB68F7873E2 (resized).jpeg103C2C82-6084-4050-B312-EFB68F7873E2 (resized).jpeg
#11361 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Still wondering which model I will buy: pro or premium.

The Premium is friggin cool but my skill level demands the Pro. I can backhand the death star loop from the left flipper but I don't have a lot of velocity on it and it makes me think that it wouldn't be enough to go up that ramp on the premium.

What I love about this game is the flow. Especially on that left (Endor) ramp. I can hit that ramp over and over repeatedly.....except when I need to.

#11362 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I think the ship from Amazon is a perfect size..
[quoted image]

Got a link?

#11363 2 years ago

This is the ship I just bought. It’s large but balances out the death star toy across from it.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Armada-Imperial-Destroyer/dp/1633441180/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_2

#11364 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wow your serial number is real close to mine. Got mine 3/31 and it was made 3/29. Did you buy from a distributor with stock (so you weren't waiting for it)?[quoted image]

Yeah...Cointaker had some in stock.

#11365 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

The Premium is friggin cool but my skill level demands the Pro. I can backhand the death star loop from the left flipper but I don't have a lot of velocity on it and it makes me think that it wouldn't be enough to go up that ramp on the premium.
What I love about this game is the flow. Especially on that left (Endor) ramp. I can hit that ramp over and over repeatedly.....except when I need to.

There is enough flipper power to backhand the DS on the Premium.

#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There is enough flipper power to backhand the DS on the Premium.

That's how I almost always get the DS shot is with a backhand.

Now, if somebody can tell me how to get the right orbit. I have had my Prem since the first run of the machines, and I still can't hit that shot with any consistency.

#11367 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:That's how I almost always get the DS shot is with a backhand.
Now, if somebody can tell me how to get the right orbit. I have had my Prem since the first run of the machines, and I still can't hit that shot with any consistency.

Funny, I rarely have a backhand with enough momentum to be captured. It will make the ramp, but roll back. I can hit the right orbit consistently. Every machine is truly unique.

#11368 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Funny, I rarely have a backhand with enough momentum to be captured. It will make the ramp, but roll back. I can hit the right orbit consistently. Every machine is truly unique.

Waxing the playfield and 6.5 degrees exactly also helps. Ritchie insists on a consistantly waxed surface.

#11369 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Waxing the playfield and 6.5 degrees exactly also helps. Ritchie insists on a consistantly waxed surface.

I'm already there. I can make the DS shot, it just needs to be from the right flipper to be certain it will make the jump.

#11370 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

This is the ship I just bought. It’s large but balances out the death star toy across from it.
amazon.com link »

Thank you!

#11371 2 years ago

Hi all! Looking at the pinsiders who own the Standard art Premium/LE compared to the Comic art Premium (which I own) I'm wondering why Sales were so low on comic art???

#11372 2 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

Hi all! Looking at the pinsiders who own the Standard art Premium/LE compared to the Comic art Premium (which I own) I'm wondering why Sales were so low on comic art???

Much lower production numbers on the Comic Art. Star Wars has been in constant production since 2017. Comic Art only ran from 2019 to 2020. I actually much prefer the Movie Art and chose it over the Comic Art. Not to say the Comic Art is bad...it's not (besides the weird font) it just doesn't fit with the movie scenes as well...IMO of course.

#11373 2 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

I also own the comic version which I prefer over the original. I believe the Star Wars comic art pin was a test to see if the Lucas artist (Randy Martinez) could pull it off (which he did). The entire thing was a test to see if they wanted to hire the same artist to do Mando (which Stern did).

#11374 2 years ago

Q

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I also own the comic version which I prefer over the original. I believe the Star Wars comic art pin was a test to see if the Lucas artist (Randy Martinez) could pull it off (which he did). The entire thing was a test to see if they wanted to hire the same artist to do Mando (which Stern did).

It will be interesting to see what their value will be in a few years. As they say… the rarer the dearer……

#11375 2 years ago

I have a comic pro. Personal choice over premium/Limited Edition, gameplay wise. Art on comic pro blows all other versions out of the water. My 2 cents of course. I really don’t care what version are worth x over the other as long as my son and I are having fun.
Harley D.

#11376 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I have a comic pro. Personal choice over premium/Limited Edition, gameplay wise. Art on comic pro blows all other versions out of the water. My 2 cents of course. I really don’t care what version are worth x over the other as long as my son and I are having fun.
Harley D.

Bought comic art pro for the art work .
My son said get this version ( he thought it was premium) when I told him it was the pro he said it’s the best art get the pro ! We are very Happy with our comic art pro. It’s just stunning in the line up.

#11377 2 years ago

I have a Comic Premium. I was interested in a SW Premium, but the standard art never did anything for me. It looked like the standard SW art assets I saw for years. Not offensive by any means, but just nothing that stood out for me. When they announced the comic art packages seemingly out of the blue, it was what I was waiting for (that I didn't even know I was waiting for), so I pulled the trigger ASAP. I do like the Comic Pro art a little better than the Comic Premium art, so I tip my cap to you Comic Pro owners. The Comic Premium right side with Boba Fett and all the bounty hunters I do absolutely love though, so I put that on the end of my line up. The other side with Darth Vader, eh.. not as much.

I don't think they sold a lot of Comic art models because it was introduced so late in the run, I always figured anyone who wanted either a Pro or Premium SW already bought one a lot earlier in the run.

#11378 2 years ago

I would like to buy a Mando Premium and put it next to my Comic Art Premium someday. I love Randy's art and think they'd look pretty stunning together.

#11379 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I would like to buy a Mando Premium and put it next to my Comic Art Premium someday. I love Randy's art and think they'd look pretty stunning together.

They do look stunning together !

08BCE2F7-D985-45B0-811E-05DB25AAD264 (resized).jpeg08BCE2F7-D985-45B0-811E-05DB25AAD264 (resized).jpeg157F63EB-CF66-40E5-BA84-A4F17CC1E7B7 (resized).jpeg157F63EB-CF66-40E5-BA84-A4F17CC1E7B7 (resized).jpeg2F48752D-B3FC-4924-9CDA-E842A8FA2780 (resized).jpeg2F48752D-B3FC-4924-9CDA-E842A8FA2780 (resized).jpeg
#11380 2 years ago

Nice line-up Freddy!

#11381 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Nice line-up Freddy!

Thanks

#11382 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It if funny, I have been asked in PMs to sell my Comic Premium several times to Mando owners.

#11383 2 years ago

I also have a comic art premium. I originally wanted a standard premium but it was during the pandemic and my distributor had the comic premium. I am now so glad that I have the comic art. Randy Martinez’s art is amazing!

On a side note, my right flipper is weak and I think I need to rebuild the flipper after only 1 year of home use. Have other Star Wars owners had flipper issues after about 700 plays?

#11384 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

I also have a comic art premium. I originally wanted a standard premium but it was during the pandemic and my distributor had the comic premium. I am now so glad that I have the comic art. Randy Martinez’s art is amazing!
On a side note, my right flipper is weak and I think I need to rebuild the flipper after only 1 year of home use. Have other Star Wars owners had flipper issues after about 700 plays?

Check to see if your coil stop is broken. Common problem and a cheap fix (although you wouldn't have to do it if they used quality parts).

#11385 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

Likely the coil stop. Mine broke after about 50 games. Look for the magic gold dust on the coin box.

#11386 2 years ago

freddy could you please post pics of your playfield. Looks like you added some ships.

#11387 2 years ago

Had these in my phone

327E8A97-7729-4AD0-813B-92DAB56261DE (resized).jpeg327E8A97-7729-4AD0-813B-92DAB56261DE (resized).jpeg38345040-9856-4C48-ADF8-7A49F714E52A (resized).jpeg38345040-9856-4C48-ADF8-7A49F714E52A (resized).jpegAF4C39B4-F102-4AAC-983C-5E4669EB53EB (resized).jpegAF4C39B4-F102-4AAC-983C-5E4669EB53EB (resized).jpeg
#11388 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Check to see if your coil stop is broken. Common problem and a cheap fix (although you wouldn't have to do it if they used quality parts).

Thanks. I’ll check it out tomorrow.

#11389 2 years ago

freddy very tastefully done. Your pin looks great!

#11390 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Had these in my phone
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

New apron cards would look good also. Regards

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11391 2 years ago

Who has had node board 8 go? Mine did, replaced it and now almost all my center insert lights are out (Death Star, tattoine, hoth, along with the force drop target inserts) Endor works. Has anyone else who had node board 8 blow have this happen with it?

#11392 2 years ago

Likely the coil stop. Mine broke after about 50 games. Look for the magic gold dust on the coin box.

Broken coil stop. Thanks.

09481C02-2C5C-434A-B7AF-27A32EC026D7 (resized).jpeg09481C02-2C5C-434A-B7AF-27A32EC026D7 (resized).jpeg4AF01F5C-CDF2-430E-AE0A-C0EE6F7C92D1 (resized).jpeg4AF01F5C-CDF2-430E-AE0A-C0EE6F7C92D1 (resized).jpeg
#11393 2 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

New apron cards would look good also. Regards[quoted image]

You mean
Like these

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11394 2 years ago

I have these ones, they match perfectly.

F8CA1E39-241C-4681-93BD-F0CD702C9D03 (resized).jpegF8CA1E39-241C-4681-93BD-F0CD702C9D03 (resized).jpeg
#11395 2 years ago

I finally blew up the Death Star! I had only seen it work in test thus far.

20210830_233714 (resized).jpg20210830_233714 (resized).jpg
#11396 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I finally blew up the Death Star! I had only seen it work in test thus far.
[quoted image]

Well done!!!
I find easiest way is select Han. Light Endor. Much easier that way. Cheers

#11397 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You mean
Like these

Or these

IMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpg
#11398 2 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

Well done!!!
I find easiest way is select Han. Light Endor. Much easier that way. Cheers

I almost always play as R2D2. I guess I need to branch out a bit.

#11399 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Or these[quoted image]

Nice! Where can I get this one???

#11400 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Nice! Where can I get this one???

I had fifty of them done back then, but all sold by now. If there were sufficient people interested i could do another run, but it's not very likely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/228 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.