IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10588 3 years ago

hi guys...

for those usual with the code things, could you confirm that the LIFETIME audit was not there with old codes, but than only with the 1.10 ?

tanx

edit : ok, i have my answer... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/186#post-5837525
and than i have to judge the pin on his state

#10594 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi guys...
for those usual with the code things, could you confirm that the LIFETIME audit was not there with old codes, but than only with the 1.10 ?
tanx
edit : ok, i have my answer... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/186#post-5837525
and than i have to judge the pin on his state

and than SW PRO is home... that means few monthes to share with you

#10609 2 years ago

i feel mine (3 days playing on it) really eating balls a lot at the outlanes, remind me... TWD
posts are placed at the middle, didnt "calculate" the slope (lower at front, middle at rear)
than with my son, our prob is not aiming to make the shoots but more battle with the pin to avoid balls going out (also tilt is set sensitive)
we're at 3.8B & 3.7B, and each of us from just 1 mission to reach WM, code is 1.10 and set to factory settings of course

meanwhile, its a very nice pin, its a pleasure to discover it right now (and may be not with early codes)

#10622 2 years ago

+1
seems this game kick your ass (while eating balls), and than when he let you play it ends in a great game... nothing in the middle

well than, 5 days home, and just scored this (all factory settings of course)

IMG_20210423_205423_054 (resized).jpgIMG_20210423_205423_054 (resized).jpg

#10633 2 years ago

ok, just 1 week home, and i've just finished it beating the emperor (let's admit this pin is "easy" when it let you play)

IMG_20210425_202326_266 (resized).jpgIMG_20210425_202326_266 (resized).jpg

#10635 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Time to upgrade to the premium. It is a much harder game in my opinion.

was more thinking to grab an IM VE, never had it home...
well, anyway, i dont hink i will already look for a swap, i'm not boring at all after 1 week, its still the honeymoon, and finishing the game doesnt mean we'll stop playing it

#10636 2 years ago

for those going (very) deep in the code, is the wizard mode becoming harder if you reach it with a 2nd hero ? and so on with the 3rd, and than the last !?
btw, did someone already succeed to make it 4 times to WM ??? i mean while playing normally

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Damn you are a way better player than me!

(Yoda talking) well, may be i'm... but may be i'm not !

#10654 2 years ago

well, after 1.5 week on this pin, i'm not sure there's a "good" or "bad" path, as the only objective (for big points) is the multiplicator ONLY !
keep this at X20 (or even better X40), and you've done the hardest

of course, if you're asking the easiest way to go to WM (while just forgeting points), than i dont know
think i have 3 diff heros for the top scores i've done (13B 11B 9B)on my SW, i'll have to check...

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Man, speaking of checking scores, I'm bummed. I had a killer game about 6 months ago on my Premium where I scored between 12-13 billion setting my best G.C score ever. Then the code update came and I lost all my high scores and so far I've only been able to get back to a 7-8 billion G.C. score. LOL, I guess I gotta just keep playing right?

well, i'm not usual with SW, but seems that 7-8 B is already more than nice
also not sure how the pin was before with older codes (easier ? harder ?), while there're some really big ones here on the score section

#10663 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

...Anyone heard of this?

no

#10666 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Was that the latest code? I've only beaten the emperor once but that didn't happen on 1.05.

same on 1.10...

#10675 2 years ago

near 2 weeks home, and 2nd visit to the wizard mode, this time trying to better use the multiplicator(s)
missed 2 (or 3 ?) big hyperspace hurry up, did well the overall rest, including a lightsaberduel at 2.2B and a jedi multiball at 2.8B...
fun is still there, and having games like this one did really push your adrenaline

small (resized).JPGsmall (resized).JPG

#10677 2 years ago

I don't know how you beat this pin already and twice! Are you ranked like top 10 in the world?

well, you were close, i'm right now ... 1247 ! loooooooooooooooooooool

mostly, top players are not posting their scores here (to not make us having a depression ! lol again)

#10686 2 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

I'm cheating. I have the settings the way I personally like them with long ballsaves on multiballs. But since I fixed the ballguides on the loop and horseshoe not to give me returns sdtm it plays very smooth and occasionally I can get a good score. This one was ridiciolus =)
[quoted image]

i dont understand...
if you can score 21B in "easy" settings, than you should have enough skill to play in "factory" and still make some nice scores !?

#10691 2 years ago

ok, i understand, and than enjoy your pin

#10692 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

So who understands the parsecs high score? I thought I noticed my parsecs counting on the small screen when I had 2 balls in the hyperloop?? Everything happens so fast in this game sometimes it's hard to keep track!
[quoted image]

+1
i dont know how this work (well, even if i cracked the game, i'm still missing some code/rule detail lol)
will check next time, but i should be at 12.XXX parsecs...

#10693 2 years ago

parsecs : in fact its 18.279
i've tried to follow while playing, but...
well, i need somebody watching

#10712 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I haven't played pinball since i was a kid, 40 years ago. But I've wanted one for s long time, so i picked up a premium Star ... but this seems like something you have no control over...
--Dan M.

dont close the outlane...
and yes you are right, as i noticed it too when i got the pin
its because in fact the plate is not a piece of wood there, but this is metal (well on my PRO), that means absolutly 0 rebound
i've added a small square of soft plastic (its 1mm width), with double face, like this the outlane remain open as intended (well -1mm) and you can now nudge and play pinball like... a pinball (in my case TILT is set sensitive)
as it, you didnt feel the frustration you describe above (even if this pin is still eating balls a lot lol)

#10743 2 years ago

well, just play it a few days, and you got it easily, the game/code is not deep (but really fun as it, dont misunderstood me)

the only things you have to know (because sometimes a lot is blinking on a same insert) is the color code :

blue : hoth mode
orange :tatooine
green : andor
purple : death star

than :

red : t-fighter & jackpot on main shoots when in multiball
yellow : hyperspace hurry up
cyan : combos
white : boba fett

and you've done

in jedi multiball & light saber duel easy to understand what to shoot

#10748 2 years ago

for those usual for long time with the pin, what was the default setting to get an extra ball (code 1.10)

- after having played modes : 5 or 7 ? quite sure i've read it here but...
- and collecting how much t-fighter ?

here, its set on factory, and than these 2 settings are in AUTO, that means 10 modes & 100 t-fighters, its a bit high when i have some visitors not being pinball players...

#10751 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

...Now when set to Auto it changes from game to game automatically...

yes of course, i know, same as ST for example... and also yes, the more you get it, the higher that calue grow
than my ask was to set it to a fix number, to be fair for evbd at home, its not as we were playing in exploitation

ok, and tanx

#10765 2 years ago

well, 5 or 7, but not less than 5 (would be way to easy)
and about t-fighter ? somebody remind how much it was before that AUTO setting add ?

if someone is still on 1.05 can you check please... tanx

#10766 2 years ago

Curious as to what the setting is called for this in the menu? I hate when replays levels, extra balls levels, etc are increased automatically.

well, i'm not in front of the pin, but check for them, its a 2 minutes job

#10783 2 years ago

do not unzip, let these 3 files as it, for /to put on your USB key...

and yes, as said above, LIFETIME came with 1.10, and of course, it will (re)start at 0... your shooterlane will than be the main point to check when wanna know if lots of games or not

sw (resized).JPGsw (resized).JPG

#10788 2 years ago

yes it is...
did you tried another usb key ?

#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I believe the USB stick needs to be formatted as FAT32. Will not work otherwise.

indeed

#10793 2 years ago

and does it works OK again if you reinstall "old" 1.05 ?

#10794 2 years ago

do we have a SW post about the code idea/feedback (for Dwight) ?

#10809 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Have left the club...May the force be with you !

you'll finish in a Empire jail for that !

#10820 2 years ago

1.10 is the last version
yes you should update... even if sometimes shit happends (as Scott), but no prob related to the last code itself

#10836 2 years ago

rightclick on the post number, then copy/past the link...

#10881 2 years ago

we have a new Jedi home... well done my son

#10889 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

...The deathstar shot is a harder shot on the Premium...

for what i've read, its than (quite) impossible to shoot the DS from a left flipper backhand !?
as i did it with regularity on my PRO...

#10891 2 years ago

oki

#10918 2 years ago

overall replies (talking about last 1.10 code) :

there's a power adjustment for the tatooine scoop
and also about the action button to remove the "start a game"

1 week later
#10952 2 years ago

when its friday night and you decide to make a little battle with your son (player 1)...
and than ball 1 :

IMG_20210604_202510_759 (resized).jpgIMG_20210604_202510_759 (resized).jpg

FY son ! (lol inside of course)

and to complete the story, he finish at 21...

#10955 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

RipleYYY is just a hell of a player.

tanx... but this time my son kick my ass (again)

and reading here, yes, seems PRO is easier than PREM/LE only because of that Death Star shot
in fact, i didnt remember having played a PREM/LE already

#10962 2 years ago

The scores you guys put up are absolutely insane! Well done! My best is 1.9 billion.

tanx

but again, my son & i we are tournament players, not "wizard" guys, but than we're more than good without a doubt...
than dont compare while you're a lambda player (this not being pejorative at all), the more important is to enjoy while playing, this should remain the objective n°1 when you're behind a flipper : fun, fun, and fun !

#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

When you choose the Boba fet option, how do you start it?

with shooting the 4 white inserts
and same when you're not playing with Han, you have to make combos (cyan color) to enable the white ones...

#10965 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Just bought the Le & I absolutely love it. Some of the scores here are unbelievable. I need to get better

but they are, believe me lol
my son did beat again the wizard mode this afternoon, that's 2 in 2 days, this time scoring "only" 13B...

#10967 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Actually you don't need to do anything except having fun.
Will get you a lot more credibility than humble bragging about scores.

good point... in fact just i've said few posts above
than for your other sentence, sorry if i'm boring you

#10969 2 years ago

please, put me on your "ignore list", its easy & only 2 clicks away...

as i'm very sorry to say it, but late yesterday my son did beat again the wizard mode ! that's 3 time in just 2 days :/

have a nice sunday

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Thanks for the tips guys . RipleYYY teach me the way of the force

lol ! my son is the actual Jedi, as all my scores are being erased day after days...

ok, more serious, i feel SW not being hard once you understand the color code (orange+green+blue+purple for the 4 planets, white for boba fett, yellow for hyperspace, cyan for combos, and red for jackpots/t-fighters)

may be the 1st thing when discovering the pin (i also have to do it) is to study all 4 heros, and what is their personal force
also which planet are near to be finished (to the mini wizard), including the shoots you are easy with (to me the hardest remain the DS, as i think most of us)
in fact, reaching the mini wizard (multiball) often help you to easy get the t-fighter multiball, and also the hyperspace hurry up/multiball, all following/stacking

also, at the begining, simply forget about the 3 bank targets & the multiplicators, this is too hard to assimilate all in 1 pass
just play to advance in the game without the multiplicators
and only when you will be comfortable with the overall game, than add to it the multiplicator factor & the changing lane(s), this will of course send you to big scoring (dont be upset at first as you can't get big points without the multiplicator, the only key is to keep it alive in X20 or even better in X40)

that's how i see SW... but of course some others may see it from another way

1 week later
#11008 2 years ago

Anyone else feel like this game has made them a better player? I am putting up higher scores on my other games now and they all seem slower...lol.

#11018 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

Do we all agree that this game is incredibly difficult!?

no

#11028 2 years ago

dont forget :

sure, control is the key (same as all pins)
but on SW, most of the modes running are timed/hurry up, than while you get in control, think quickly on what to shot next (in fact, you need to know even before you're getting control of the ball)
than you must add the multiplicators factor in all this, and yes, playing that way, SW is a hard pin ... but ok, step by step, slowly, evbdy will improve

enjoy !

#11038 2 years ago
Quoted from Techie:

Still unable to see Video Mode, game code on pin when it arrived was 1.10.0 I downloaded a new copy from Stern website and re-installed. Still does not work. When going up the Hoth ramp I think it was in Endor mode and it gives you choices on the screen. ie: Speeder Bike Chase, Throne Room Duel, etc. if a choice is not made immediately the ball is released from below the death star and no response from flippers. Ball is lost. Has this happened to anyone else? Suggestions? Thank you.

first of all, let's suppose you're on "factory settings"... if not, set it as it

#11039 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

What the best way to get multipliers in this game?

i dont understand the question
simply shoot the 3 bank targets... you can than go up to X20
than shoot the drops, and there you can get an overall X2 playfield, that means X40 for the X shoot
dont forget to keep this alive, this is the big task in this game, as shooting the bank targets is always a dangerous shot (much less from right flipper)

#11057 2 years ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

What games do you consider difficult that have been released in the last 5 years? I like difficult games.

well,

i cant "feel" IRON MAIDEN, hard to get in that game, dont know why
GHOSTBUSTERS, from factory, is quite hard to play
WALKING DEAD... as even with good shoots, you're still in danger

and more than 5 years, but others pins i really always have difficulties are :

STTNG
THE SIMPSONS (STERN)
CFTBL
RIPLEY

#11069 2 years ago

Personally I think Star Wars Premium is harder than everything you listed.

will tell you when i can put more than few games on a PREM/LE version, but seems as an evidence that the DS shot is indeed harder to get

#11080 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

In an effort to reduce the cheap drains out of the left outlane, I installed a star post.
Mission accomplished. I'll put the post back in, but not wide open, as they were from the factory.
[quoted image]

oh dear ! lol of course

meanwhile here, just scored a 9.5B with another visit to the Emperor, and its not even enough to put my name somewhere on the table scores ! nothing, nada, rien !!! in fact my son did now get more than few

#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Edit update- well I just checked mine and it's at 176 and no issues

+1

mine is at minimum, and working perfect... of course, on a PRO, no magnetized balls !!!

#11084 2 years ago

Absolutely smashed my old Grand Champion score! Han Solo. BOOM !!!
[quoted image]

nice ! and see, as said, nothing impossible
how was the game, did you remind what you have done and/or score big ?

#11089 2 years ago

Was super intense...I was shaking! Yeah I save all my scores on Pinside.

no lol, i mean, in that game, what have you done to score big ? video mode in X40 ? hyperspace in X40 ? victory lap(s) ?

#11091 2 years ago

It was seriously the most epic game of pinball I have ever experienced!

until your next one

#11101 2 years ago

Phbooms

there're so much ways to play this game...

my son like Leia, growing the multiplicator at the very begining (risky than) for simply shooting main modes (in combo when not lit), pay a lot of points

i'm comfortable with r2d2 going for the usual strategy : death star > death star final > in which i often get t-fighter multi > same with hyperspace multi > and if all going well i'm than often on X40 to go for the video mode

else Luke : i like playing it with always choosing +5 t-fighters

talking about the game, 1 thing we dont like (and may be it has been reported already) is when you have light saber ready, you can't pass it (and risk to lose the ball while something else/better was ready to play)... even if you can cradle the ball once started

#11108 2 years ago

something new (?) my son just noticed :

when starting smashing the button for t-fighters hurry-up, the 2 ramps inserts are turning red
quickly shooting these 2 ramps in the 5 seconds (we did it) shut OFF the red inserts but does just nothing...
btw, not sure something should be there, but quite strange if not !?

allo Xaqery ?

#11112 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I believe you score the points that are counting down prior to starting the hurry up.

will check this - tanx

#11113 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

you can disable this in the settings so the countdown will not freeze when you cradle the ball during light saber duel

yes, as others pins, but than we're not more on factory settings
and of course we will "lose" the light saber, which is needeed to get to WM... i mean : you really have to play/win it

anyway, not a big deal of course, SW remain very nice

2 weeks later
#11196 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. What does Jedi training & rank do? I can’t work it out.

the higher level the more pts you get completing targets
and you need to reach last level to get the wizard mode
in fact, Dwight added this to make the pin a bit harder, even if to me (and mostly others ?) i never really aim for these targets, this came "alone"...

also notice that targets may be lit for a t-fighter (which can help if you're not far from the multiball), in this case may be you wanna aim for them, but this remain dangerous with some return ball

#11199 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Thanks RipleYYY appreciate it

you're welcome
i read a few above you finally get 1B points, than let me ask : are you playing while really using the lane(s) multiplicator ?
if not, that's the main point you have to focuse on, the real key on SW, and than you will see that 1B is just not that high
good luck !

#11203 2 years ago

about bugs (1.10)

there're few others :

when shocking the game, and the tilt bob moving, if you enter the mystery sequence scoop, than indeed make enough contacts to TILT the pin, there's no priority to the TILT animation, the game did TILT and all goes OFF, you also get the TILT sound sample, but you have to wait the mystery sequence until the end to only get after the TILT animation on the screen

tanx to my son, i have 2 more linked to gameplay, 1 giving a small advantage (by design)... if Dwight Xaqery wanna know, simply PM me

1 week later
#11226 2 years ago

we're all big kids... aren't we !!!???

than i've played a 4 players battle VS me ! lol

R2D2 win (logically for me, i would say), more strange is Leia finishing 2nd (generaly Luke is my 2nd "choice")

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#11228 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Everybody go tell him how awesome he is... poor guy really seems to need that.
You are awesome.

bad mood ? in need of sleep ?? and/or even sex ???

#11232 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Could someone with a falcon installed please let me know where it plugs into for power.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-and-spike-2-power-for-mods

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

If you switch force X multiplier shots on-the-fly be careful because most times you will Not get credit for them (reverts to 1X red state). This is due to the switch placement on the ramps for example. It's much later than you think. Nobody pays attention, but the ball rolls over the switch during 1X red state, collects only 1X, then player switches back to green which is too late. So they missed the entire multiplier! haha.
Hoping there is still a strategy to collect during red/green switching, otherwise the whole force X button movement is kinda broken.

you just have to be faster...
and of course i know its hard (to me too), as most of us, i often have to cradle the ball, but than i'm losing precious time on a pin which is based on lots of timer modes !!!
well done Dwight ! because this is why SW is a great pin when talking about the code (and a good shooter when talking about the design, tanx to Steve)

on the other side, my son (26 years old) is really easy with it, really "djing" with his 2 hands and the 3 buttons with no need to cradle, mainly playing on the fly
when i watch him, i honestly even can't understanding what he's doing, but the fact is that he's doing right

#11241 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

RipleYYY I don’t understand the switching of the multiplier shots. What colour do they light up. What am I looking for?? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

the only dumb question is the one you didnt ask...

well, not sure what you didnt understand, but than here's all the "how to" :

- at the start of the ball, no matter which hero you chose, you have 3 main inserts taged with the "X" (they are RED, that means you can move them by 1 pass, to the left > left flipper, or to the right > right flipper)

- you launch the ball they became GREEN, that means they are now fixed, to the 3 shoots concerned, these will now be multiplied by the value of the X on the main screen (which increase when you hit the 3 bank and/or with mystery and/or with skillshot)

- while you're playing your ball, and thinking on which shoot you have to do next (for example the VIDEO MODE), you can change these X by hitting the central button, X inserts became RED, that means you can now move them, as said above, to the left, to the right... hit the central button again to fix them where you want, and they became GREEN & active again (in this same example, if you are on X40, that means you video mode scoring will be X40 !!! a 10.000.000 pts with no multiplicator on it, will indeed be 400.000.000 ... now you understand that mastering the multiplicator IS the key to big points on SW)

NB : the more you are higher in value, the less you have X arrow available, from 3 you go to 2, than to 1, this also depending on which hero you choose at start (as its linked)
NB2 : again, the more you are higher in value, the timer is shorter before reseting to X1... this to make you take more risk to shoot the 3 bank, which of course is very dangerous

not sure this is what you were asking, if not, tell/ask me more

#11243 2 years ago

yes

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#11257 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

All the categories it totals up at the end of the ball before it sends your next ball out. It goes through and tallies them up one at a time.

yes, simple as that
than ticktockman you get these multipliers by collecting upper lanes above the bumpers (like in lot of pins), but you can add more as you've said by chosing this as skillshot (in fact, this can be very lucrative if you had a bonus held running with a great bonus the ball before)

#11275 2 years ago
Quoted from mpsa:

No the left drain hasn't bothered us yet fortunately, just the center. I've changed the settings you mentioned, hopefully that will help.

else "play better", i mean once you know your pin, nudge it before it happends
in your case (similar for all of us), i suppose the ball go to the 3 bank, than the left side, yes ? if yes, you than have 2 possibilities to nudge and avoid the return in the center

2 weeks later
#11311 2 years ago

Regarding number 2. As your multiplier increases the number of lanes decreases from 3 to 2 to 1. When this happens (at what multiplier level it occurs) depends on the character. R2-D2 will keep 3 multiplier lanes active the longest (with the highest relative multiplier).

you now know your lesson young padawan, seems i have nothing more to teach you !

(big lol of course) ...

#11312 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I have a gameplay question. I've had my SW premium for about three months now. I've tried to find this info in rules, and on the forums and webs, and tried to figure out from gameplay as well, but nothing explains it that I could find:
1) The "escape" lane activates after the second round of force targets. What determines when it deactivates? Sometimes I go in, and it makes one sound, and it stays active. Other times, I hear a different sound, and it deactivates. I tried to pay attention to as many things as I could but was not able to figure out how to keep it active. Is it random, or something else?
Thanks!

well, quite simple, it desactivate when ball goes out there...
but than, sometimes you are with the "ball save" running, than...

in fact, feeling Dwight could/should correct this, as one thing you seems to not have seen is :

escape activate > ball goes out thrue the outlane > ball back > automatic launch > 1 sec & 2 rebounds later, ball again out thrue that outlane (you even didnt flip !!!) > ball over ... but we may also admit thats just pinball !!!

#11320 2 years ago

I had a massive bonus on my 1st ball then I was awarded hold bonus as a mystery award and I kept picking hold bonus for my skill shot.

in this particular case, you really must forget all we've already talked about this pin, but than only shoot for the upper inlanes again & again to advance bonus multiplier

as its really easy :

- grab the ball on the right flipper
- aim for the left lane
- advances upper inlanes/multiplier
- ball finally goes out/down thrue the right lane...
- back to point 1

#11321 2 years ago

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! New Grand Champion score! Han Solo. I love this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

my friend, to not let you enjoying alone, here's my tonight "training" with the 4 heros beating the emperor again, with Han

and what a mess while i really cant play with Leia (neither some exceptions)...

tonight (resized).jpgtonight (resized).jpg

#11330 2 years ago

Depends on your skill level. I think a good player would get board on the pro. The premium is much harder.

with my poor english, i suppose you wanna mean "bored" (board !?)
if yes, than bored is not the right word, as SW can be played in so many various way
but i agree this game is not really hard when you understand how to play it/what to do, and i also agree with the PRO being easier for just 1 shoot : the death star (which is an important one, as needeed in lot of situations)

mine should leave next week, as usual for a turn around (i only have this pin home), and than discover something else
for sure i will miss it ! it was a very good surprise to get/learn it, while at 1st i had a so-so feeling to buy it, but than i know now its a very nice machine
without a doubt, you can't go wrong getting this pin

#11333 2 years ago

just beaten my Hyperspace "best shot", with 3.598 B !!! for a single shot, that's crazy & let's admit very satisfying in the same time
this pin is a beast for that part of the code mixing very nicely hurry/up & multiplicators

#11344 2 years ago

i'm out of the club
again, must admit that SW was a very nice surprise to me, a very fun/good pin if you can get into the code

see you in another club (hotwheels ? iron man ? jp ? ... !?)

2 weeks later
#11416 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Thanks for all the help

it was a pleasure to simply share with evbd

and next one is here, not really an "as quick" game but no matter (lol)
just made a 1st hi-score... there still enough room to TILT it under the million

IMG_20210906_211704_997 (resized).jpgIMG_20210906_211704_997 (resized).jpg

this one as nostalgia item in my desk
but than IRON MAN should follow soon in the garage, as more hardcore game...

1 week later
#11449 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just thought I would post this. The Captain's Auction is selling all the pins from the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA. Star Wars premium sold for 10500 bucks. A NIB costs 8100. Ridiculous.

yes, of course, but... the NIB one didnt stand at the Pinball Museum !!!

(sarcasm inside, as a joke of course)

#11453 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Had a dream run today, managed to blow up both death stars, and shoot a hyperspace shot worth 1.5 billion. Love this game!

only ???

#11457 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

We all know you're the best. Stop being an ass who can't let anyone else post their scores without you telling them that you're better.
It's really disgusting.

lost your sense of humour again ? so simple to put me on your ignore list, as i'll do it in 5 seconds
and btw, i love you too, a big tanx for the kind words

#11459 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Yet to face the Emperor, so still room for improvement , but this was a big jump for me.

tanx for understanding that my com was, as always, in funny/friendly/provoc mood
and good luck to reach the WM, its hard to get there, but than not really to beat it, you'll see

1 month later
#11653 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Clean run with 40x.[quoted image]

not sure how points are really working here
my hi is 1.2B, with of course also a clear run, also at X40, and at full speed from A to Z
almost you know you can do even higher
this pin is all about keeping that multiplicator at max, easy to say, hard to do, but so satisfying when it happends

1 week later
#11663 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Off to see the Wizard today..
[quoted image]

kick his ass !!!

#11666 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

At least Newcastle can't lose this week...

as ManU... (i'm a fan :/ )

#11669 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Only Marks signature on the Pro as it was $300 each item. David Prowse was £40, Anthony Daniels & Ian McDiarmid was £80 each time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

i should miss something (being not usual with these kind of show) : than, you have to pay to get an autograph !!!???

#11671 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

this is how, in cusset in france about 7 years ago, there was david prowse, kenny baker and michael culver, respectively vader, r2 d2 and captain needa, autographs and photos were chargeable, it was not as expensive , you should know that these actors have travel costs, accommodation ect ..... in any case, there was a queue, many people wanted his signed photo.

ha ben m*rde alors !

2 weeks later
#11723 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

(and the winner in this category, without any contest, is Sprudeldudel - congratulations)

well, should i have to understand that he finally gets a hiscore in the SW topic !?

3 weeks later
#11808 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Man, this game is both the most exhilarating and the most frustrating I have ever played. I was having an amazing ball yesterday afternoon and I started "Escape From Boba Fett" with a big multiplier running. I nailed all the shots and just had the final shot lit on the left ramp. Not only did I miss the shot, but I hit the right loop instead, causing the ball to fling back around at such a high speed that it literally jumped my flipper and drained.
Then, last night I was in the middle of a crazy game. I had just come out of Hyperspace Multiball and my multiplier was at 40x. I noticed that video mode was lit, and I was super excited because this was something I had been trying to stack for days. With a huge smile on my face, I shot the right loop to start the video mode, but in my haste I completely forgot to move the multiplier over to that shot and lock it in. I think I ended up scoring less than 10 million on it. D'oh!

this would have been 400.000 "only"

its possible to do much better... go on Luke !

3 weeks later
#11915 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

...These audits also show what a damn difficult this game can be if you don't practice what Yoda preaches....Patience. Trap up, make your shot. Was just learning the multiplier feature

"Trap up"

well, not too much/long, else no big points ! as once you know the rules, main rule will be to make your shots quickly

#11949 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

A little video we put together of reaching wizard mode with a few different camera angles and a talk-thru as well as a demonstration. Hope you enjoy it.

nice tutorial, well done/build, easy to understand & to follow (let's admit i knew the game before watching)
btw, your TILT bob is way to friendly (or even missing) for a player like Craig lol

Craig : even when you're playing in a tutorial like this, we can see what is really hard with SW : always (always & always) stay focused about the multiplicators... even you here, you did forget it on few occasions, playing with that X factor set red/moving (the one in the 1st video mode was funny)

hope to see you soon, Michel R.

#11959 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Great tutorial! I recently acquired the game for the first time, and I'm still learning the rules. I had no idea about the add-a-ball. That's such an important thing to know about, and yet it's one of the least obvious things in the whole ruleset. Who would possibly think that you have to hold the button down to activate the add-a-ball? That's different than how it is on every other Stern game. I guess they had no choice but to do it this way, though, because you are always using that button.

in fact, when you have kicked enough FORCE targets, the lockbar button turn ORANGE, you know add-a-ball is available/ready...
and than, to reply to your com, in SW, if you didnt use your AAB for the running multiball, you can keep it for another one later (but not working for all, didnt remember well, SW is not more home, works for another planet MINI WIZARD MB, but also for T-FIGHTER MB & VICTORY LAPS MB, has to be confirmed )

#11995 2 years ago

the solution is to found why the ball get stucked !
is this happening when ball must do the full orbit ?

1 week later
#12036 2 years ago
Quoted from MyParagon1979:

What other difference, outside of plastic runners instead of cage, will I be losing with the Pro model?
Thanks for any advice!

nothing more

3 months later
#12396 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Some bonuses can get higher than that!

i had a single shot to collect hyperspace at 3.598B
(not bad when theorical max would be 4B)

Quoted from gorgar007:

How do you earn big once your multiballs are gone? By ball 3 usually most of mine are depleted minus death star.

again, and as said above already, the multiplicator is the only key to score big, always keeping it active at X20 (X40), and of course place it on the right next shot... easy to understand, more than hard to do because all is under timers in this pin, than you have to be quick to think/shoot, you can't cradle and lose 10 sec to decide what you will do next

good luck !

PS : of course, you can also play that pinball with the objective to simply finish it & kill the emperor
than forget about the multiplicator & only focuse on the shoots, this will be easier and achievable, but beating the wizard mode as it will not gives you big points

#12417 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thank you for the quick responses!

and now, go for the 20X shoots, in double scoring (X40) of course

1 week later
#12436 1 year ago

Yeah, possibly depending on build date. Mine was built 3/31/21 and by then you couldn't reset the total games played.

if i remember well, the LIFETIME audit was only in since the 1.10 ...

4 weeks later
#12515 1 year ago

Yes! They look good together!
[quoted image]

the code/rules has the Dwight similitude on these 2
almost that's what i feel...

1 month later
#12677 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Potential owner here looking for opinions. Looks like my spot is coming up on the latest run but i haven’t had a chance to play it yet and I’ve heard it can be really punishing for casual players?
The theme is huge for our family and would normally be a must have
Feel free to message privately if you don’t want to clutter the thread

great game without a doubt, giving much more than you would imagine by just watching what is on the playfield (not so much in fact !)
but yes, its hard, brutal, and fast, very fast... well, its SW
and as said above, advanced players will use the multiplicator, that's what will give you great scores, and casuals ones will forget it, but than you have the other objective, which is to beat the wizard mode by killing the Emperor

1 week later
#12712 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Absolutely mint game with 39 lifetime plays

"mint" is the key, as dont forget that the lifetime audit was working on SW since the 1.10 only... (not sure which version was on it when you get the pin)

anyway, enjoy ! even more as your wife also like it (this is may be the key point !!! lol )

#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

... 40X is so satisfying.

Always missing Bobba Fett...

4 levels of replay that awards an extra ball...

thats the only way to put great score on this pin

i suppose Boba Fett is the same prob for everyone

that will be 6 (or 7, didnt remember) extra balls, for sure "to much", but than you set-up your game as you like it, simple as that

1 week later
#12805 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Collect FORCE targets. This lights the action button on the lockdown bar yellow. Hold button down for add-a-ball.

if i remember well, you mean orange (and not yellow)

#12842 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Day one with my Pro:
[quoted image]
Blew up one particular ball. With the multiplier at 40x, I got a 500M video mode, 1200M hyperspace hurryup, plus a lot of activity during a big stack of Tie Fighter and Victory multiballs together. Also tacked on +5% score twice after that for 300M each, and the last ball's bonus was 500M and held.

not bad human !
... oups, its not Aliens

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Is there a “Star Wars for dummies” video to watch to help me understand the rules/characters? Just got it last night and want to attempt, key word there, to understand the best ways to play this

play this to understand the best way...

as said already, easier & funny way
my 1st advice would be to just understand and concentrate on the colors code, that's the easiest way to undertand what is going on the playfield
now, lets be serious, SW is not a pin for dummies lol inside, but this pin will quickly become frustrating for more than few guys, its hard for sure

#12869 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

play this to understand the best way...
as said already, easier & funny way, just understand and concentrate on the colors code
now, lets be serious, SW is not a pin for dummies lol inside, but this pin will quickly become frustrating for more than few guys, its hard for sure

#12884 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Phew this is a hard one.
Each player lights a different set and number of worlds. Then they each have powers. I know Han is what I use bc it's easiest to get to multiball and has the right combo of worlds lit for my liking.
Luke has +5 tie fighters at start also but doesn't light the world's I like. He is also strong with the force so it's easier throughout the game to level him up to Jedi.
I think R2 has to do with shot multipliers. And Leia..... Uhhhh.... I dunno. I usually only play as Han.
The game is so deep.... Maybe I should try different methods. I just find my best scoring and games are through the Han path.

Lea is for (very) good players only (did i say geek !? lol)...
its my son favorite, and he master her in a way i simply cant ! because you have to makes modes shoots in combo, while using/moving the multiplicators, and then only you'll get big points

impossible for myself, really, at 56 years old, i cant do the same, i'm not fast enough to think+react+aim right all in the same time
and when i watch my son (27), seems he really have a 3rd hand to use that lockbar button !!!

1 month later
#13020 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

but still leaves the outlane plenty wide open

serious ?

#13053 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

My Pro from the last run came with the extra post as well. No idea why. The post at the bottom of the Force targets is already there on the Pro.

They're in the middle position from the factory. I haven't moved mine. High of 39 billion. I do have the tilt bob loose and easy slide saves on a hardwood floor.

well than, reading this, your skills means you have to set your tilt sensitive...

#13054 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

What would you say is the best way to get better at this game? Playing a lot, sure. But other than that?

1st step will be to play the game while forgetting the PF multiplicators, simply learn the path/modes/missions
and than, only when you know how all this work, add on the multiplicator factor, this is the only way to get (very) big points

1 week later
#13143 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

What's your hyperspace multiball highscores? I finally got a great (to me) HSM and knocked off a score my buddy owned for nearly a year! His score was 12.744.

20.278 (my son)

1 month later
#13317 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

My biggest single shot that I noticed was a hyperspace hurry up at 550m. Kinda got lucky to have my 40x on that lane and hit that shot on the flow.

i've done 3.6B... while theorical max is 100.000.000 X40 > 4B, but than you will lose few seconds with the ball caming down the ramp+making a direct shot

and of course, multipliers are the only way to big scores
you wont get big points if you only concentrate to play the modes, advance to the emperor, and kill him

that's why SW is a super pin (and a hard one), because you can play it 2 ways

#13330 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Right on I admit when I got this pin I wasn’t that stoked I was kinda getting it cause it’s what they had in stock and the OG Star Wars these was cool. But I’m totally addicted to this game. I still have lots to accomplish on it.

yes, i remember it was the same for me
before i really get interested in this game, i have only played it a few time, by just shooting the ball eveywhere without knowing what i was doing & what i have to do ! i really was thinking "meh"... what a mess (from me !)

as once you decide to understand how Dwight code it, even if the layout/playfield "seems" empty, you know this is a real gem
but OK, i understand its not for evbd, because its hard & frustrating for sure (very fast & eating balls at outlanes)

Quoted from Breton:

Having this pin for a little bit more than a year now.
This is my first pin and even after playing a lot (thousands?) of games I'm still loving it.
I've done 4.9B but I haven't yet finished the game...
My 7 years old son did 3B with Han and has build a smart tactic to score. Okay my son is a genious but this is not a kind of crazy machine when you have understood the basics.
Always trying to do Boba Fett as a last target (maybe because I haven't yet understood how to start this mode earlier? ) but this pin is generating so much pressure when all the lights are blinking that I collapse...
I hate it because sometimes you have the feeling that the machine doesn't want to let you play with it but at the end I'm found of it.
"The next game will be the good one!"
I don't know if other pins could generate this enjoyment (frustration?) and I would be happy to have another pin at home but I can't imagine to let this one going away and unfortunately I can't afford to have two of these at home so...

and its very good already
bien joué

#13343 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The max 4 billion is possible, if you do it during a planet multiball mode, so that one ball can start the hurryup and another can complete it instantly.

hot !

#13367 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I'm in the club! Traded my Godzilla pro for a Star Wars Premium. gonna have to learn about this whole multiplier thing i guess....
[quoted image]

yep ! going to X40 will be the way !

#13373 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

To further extend your MB and chances to finish remember to add-a-ball by holding down the action button when yellow.

until i remember well, its orange for the AAB

4 weeks later
#13621 1 year ago

just WOW ! congrats mister

1 week later
#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So…. is there a code update???
Because I had my game on while playing another game, and all of the sudden it just started doing a code update…[quoted image]

well, you should have the reply to your own ask, what version do you read right now ?

#13723 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You want to zip that multiplier around to each and every lit shot, every time. It takes quite a bit of physical coordination and practice that's outside the usual set of pinball skills.

i laugh reading that, so true !
my son is a "mutant" when playing SW, he got that extra 3rd hand for that lockbar button !!! lol
i'm also good on it of course, but never close as him, just impossible at 56, no only the brain but than yes the coordination, so far when compare to a young guy

#13755 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Well I thought that was decent and then came home from work and my 12 yr old son beat me. He said he got to do all wizard mode!
[quoted image]

but it WAS decent !
congrats to your son than

1 month later
#13973 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

No man, just in general. I'm just talking about the vibe and general attitude toward the game itself. That's why I stayed away, and I'm a big SW fan. Glad I finally caved in and got it!

SW is a great game for sure, but in the same time very punishing/fast, than i think the hate came from frustration, or more pity for those who dont understand what/how to do

already said, at first i was also thinking it was a meh pin, having played it only for few games on the wild...
but than once really learning it, you understand its a blast !

simply let's admit its not for newbee or casual players

4 weeks later
#14177 11 months ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Been playing a lot of my SW prem lately and I have always wondered why the ramps blink red when the button turns red to shoot tie fighters. I cant find anything regarding those shots in the rules. I have gotten good at hitting them and the button but have not noticed anything on screen. Its probably nothing LOL. thanks in advance. This game is greatly under rated IMO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/223#post-6352621

and than 2 posts under

#14188 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

is Star Wars super hard, or is it titans or something else?
long story short picked up a HOU star wars premium about 3-4 weeks ago from someone, it had titans rubbers.
I absolutely SUCK at this game. ball is always going outlane or off the slingshot and bouncing "light a fluffy" and falling STDM.
now I'm not a pinball superstar, but I don't suck either, I can play RUSH or Godzilla or IDMN for 30-40 minutes on a good game, hell I can even play (Stern) TMNT for way way awy longer than starwars.
but my average ball time on SW is probably less than 60 seconds and if I have a 3 minute games on star wars... it's better than my average game.
is this game just insanely hard or could it be the titans (they bounce like nothing I've ever seen before) very parabolic.
I do actually like this game alot oddly. I do have this game leveled and probably about 6 degree slope +/- a little bit.
thoughts?

not hard about the shoots to make, but yep its (very) fast & eating balls (at outlanes)

1 week later
#14232 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Shoot either the left orbit or right ramp when the hyperspace hurryup isn't lit to raise its value for the next time. This includes during multiballs; if you hit those a lot during a multiball then it's common for the next hurryup to start at over 50M. 100M is the max, before the multiplier.

and with X40, its a theorical 4 billions shoot !!!
but than impossible because of the wasted time for the ball to came on the flipper & than making the shoot... my best as it is 3.6B
good luck

#14238 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The perfect 4 billion hyperspace hurryup is possible if you do it during another multiball, so that one ball starts it and another completes it at the same instant. (In
latest code, you can't stack planet and hyperspace MBs together, but I think you can still do just the hurry up.)

well, that karma would be just WOW than

#14260 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And you WILL lose balls because of it lol.

only humans will lose balls...
joking, but my son so easy to master the multiplicators, as he really get a 3rd hand to use that button !!!

5 months later
#14588 5 months ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

I had a frustrating game play last night. Had nearly 1.6B. was on my third or fourth extra ball on ball three. Played as Han and had started, but not completed, Escape from Hoth, Battle above Endor, and Escape from Tatooine. Completed Lightsaber Duel. Started Escape from Boba Fett three times. Achieved 114+ TIE fighters. Navigated the Asteroid Field 3 times and once with a 20x multiplier. Then the game crashed... My ball had entered the pop bumpers and it registered the first rollover switch. Then as it was bouncing around the screen froze and it stopped registering any rollover switches, but the pop bumpers kept going. Then the GI and screens went out and everything was dead. The game rebooted and when it came back up it was as if my previous session never happened. The last score displayed was from a game the previous day, not even one I had just played. Super frustrating, but I guess I'll just have to try again tonight to set a Grand Champion score.

well, we just came back from the arcade, we spend 3 houres there, my son also had a reset on SW (code 1.24)
but impossible to say why, we never had one once we had the pin home...

now, about your good game, this is to motivate you, the hiscore on the pin was still from factory when we came in (500.000.000)
big lol as i cant understand how easy my son is with SW !!! i'm disgusted myself

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/locations/11889

sw (resized).JPGsw (resized).JPG

#14590 5 months ago

Please report resets to Stern bug report.

impossible for us, almost to explain when/why it happends :/ ...

3 weeks later
#14644 4 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

I put a left lane 3d print lane saver to make it less brutal

hmmm... dont fall into the dark side (lol of course, i understand some may be tempted to make the game "easier", because yes, its really brutal at outlanes)

#14645 4 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Made the purchase. I’m now in the club. This game is brutal. I need to study the rule sheet.
[quoted image]

rules are easy, when you first chose to simply advance in the game (and than forget the multiplicators...and the big points)
once you are comfortable with that, just add the multi-factor in it, that's where SW will deliver all his power

1 month later
#14773 84 days ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

I’m 5’6” at best. So how do I lower the screen so I can see them damn pops?

good luck ! i'm 1.80 m (5.9 f) and i remember it was hard to have a good view on bumpers/upper lanes...

#14782 82 days ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

In the club
[quoted image][quoted image]

superb ! or i can say "meravigliose"

4 weeks later
#14900 54 days ago

well, 2 ways to play this game, going deep, or scoring (hard to do these 2 at same time, but OK)

and than, while nobody (i think) is playing Lea, my son did !

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/292#post-7870011

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.