pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_9605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9603 (resized).jpeg
70E6B762-EBA4-45F5-9E87-B96EFD6B5C20 (resized).jpeg
A588BFD6-CA9B-4941-81C2-5A353BA37607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0767 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0830 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,923 posts in this topic. You are on page 462 of 559.
#23051 12 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

What spring did you put on? Also what were the other things you had issues with?

Yep, the barrel spring they ship with is too long, it’s about 0.84”.
This one is the correct 0.75”:
https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-barrel-spring-075-long.html

#23052 12 months ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I noticed I wasn’t getting the building multiball lately and then I got this switch #64 vuk exit opto switch alert. Is this the cause and how would I fix this? Sorry I don’t know too much about testing these.

Quoted from hawkfanz:

Dumb question… my machine is saying the exit vuk opto (64) isn’t working and my building isn’t moving at all even in the stepper tests. Are these related issues or two separate issues? I’ve seen a few other people mention this but haven’t found what they did to fix.

Quoted from psychoticmark:

I have the same problem. I never get building multiball. I have a guy coming this week to see if he can fix it. I can let you know

Yes, common. And fixable.

This post shows how to test and how to POSSIBLY fix it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/364#post-7340730

But, most likely you all need new optos for one side of the pair. If you're within warranty, Stern will send you new ones. If you're out off warranty, you can buy them from pinball life or Marco.

#23053 12 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Dumb question… my machine is saying the exit vuk opto (64) isn’t working and my building isn’t moving at all even in the stepper tests. Are these related issues or two separate issues? I’ve seen a few other people mention this but haven’t found what they did to fix.

The building on my LE just freezes when you get a ball up there. It goes thru the ball search and eventually kicks it out between about a half minute and two minutes.

#23054 12 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just helped my buddy set up his new premium. Shouldn’t there be a switch plate on both sides of the cabinet?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm pretty sure my newer Jurassic Park is missing one on the right side. What are they used for?

#23055 12 months ago

I was excited to see Keith Elwin's new interview with Joel on Flip N Out with Friends episode - he states they have additional challenge mode plans for Godzilla around the 27-28 minute mark. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store there. Thank you Sir Elwin. And thanks Joel for bringing that up with him.

#23056 12 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I was excited to see Keith Elwin's new interview with Joel on Flip N Out with Friends episode - he states they have additional challenge mode plans for Godzilla around the 27-28 minute mark. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store there. Thank you Sir Elwin. And thanks Joel for bringing that up with him.

With the game being as popular as it is, I wouldn’t mind an extra mode or two!

#23057 12 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Happy to do it! He was great to talk to again.

#23058 12 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Several weeks old and now a node 10 board failure . As you can see in the picture it’s a smoked board.
Distributor is taking care of it, no worries there, good service there. Just wondering what caused it. Just bad luck or …?
Have checked the following
48VDC OK
Stepper motor can be moved by hand without excessive force
The stepper is fed via 4 wires of which 2 each form a pair. Resistance red blue pair is approx 9Ohm and of black green 9Ohm as well. No idea if this value is OK but for sure not a short.
Switches look fine and don’t think a broken switch can cause this.
Did see that the connector of the steppermotor was not fully inserted on the header. Perhaps came loose during transport? Could a loose stepper motor connector cause this? Hope so as this would mean a new board would solve it. Will than also secure with a dot hot glue this connector to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Anybody an idea?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just to follow-up with my findings

So, received a new node10 board last Friday. Installed it and tested it during the weekend. Working again, just hoping it will continu this.

As there is a theory that a loose steppermotor connector could cause this and I did see a connector which wiggled itself a little loose (transport likely caused this) I added a dot of hot glue to this connector to prevent it ever coming loose again. Better safe than sorry they say.

Attached a picture with the connector encircled.

IMG_8503 (resized).jpegIMG_8503 (resized).jpeg
#23059 12 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Happy to do it! He was great to talk to again.

Really enjoyed this interview with Keith, you asked him about everything that I wanted to know from the last few months with regards to GZ and stuff he has been involved with at Stern...nice 1 Joel.

#23060 12 months ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Really enjoyed this interview with Keith, you asked him about everything that I wanted to know from the last few months with regards to GZ and stuff he has been involved with at Stern...nice 1 Joel.

You can tell it got a little awkward during the King of the Monsters mode talk, but I’m glad you asked and I feel like he gave the best answers he could.

#23061 12 months ago

Hi. Not sure if this is a common issue, but the lights in the upper half of my GZ Pro playfield got completely messed up. They all work but inserts will be lit incorrectly, the wrong color, etc. Even at the start of a new game, both the “Bridge Out” lights on the ramps will be lit solid.

In the RGB test menu, if I set red and blue to zero, the lights on the lower half will be green as they should, but the upper half will be blue. This sound familiar to anyone before I dive deeper? All the node bus diagnostic tests are also coming back clean.

#23063 12 months ago
Quoted from akerson:

One thing I've noticed that I can't find other discussions on is scoop rejects - it seems if I hit it dead in, it actually bounces off the metal in the back and rejects despite being a clean hit. I'm used to scoop rejects due it being a tough shot on my gotg, but this feels like I'm actually getting punished for being precise. Has anyone had a fix for this?

I simply removed the scoop protector and put down some mylar around the scoop instead. It made the shot reject less for sure.

#23064 12 months ago

you can see it in full here

#23065 12 months ago
Quoted from akerson:

One thing I've noticed that I can't find other discussions on is scoop rejects - it seems if I hit it dead in, it actually bounces off the metal in the back and rejects despite being a clean hit. I'm used to scoop rejects due it being a tough shot on my gotg, but this feels like I'm actually getting punished for being precise. Has anyone had a fix for this?

Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What is your left flipper power set to? I've adjusted mine down from stock but at stock/ful power there increased scoop rejects. Don't remember what mine is said to off the top of my head but lowering it all but eliminated this issue.

I had the same problem after I raised the left flipper power to help with not making right ramp after a few games.
After I put some flipper coil fans in, I lowered the left flipper power back down and scoop rejects went away.

#23066 12 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

*FIXED!* I wanted to update this so anyone with the recent deliveries can hopefully get theirs working asap also. I was able to fix mine by simply adjusting the exit opto. The opto on the right side of the machine was placed in maybe not even a millimeter off alignment so I partially unscrewed and aligned better. After doing this, the building went to fully functioning. It's interesting how reliant on this opto the main building is.

#23067 12 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

*FIXED!* I wanted to update this so anyone with the recent deliveries can hopefully get theirs working asap also. I was able to fix mine by simply adjusting the exit opto. The opto on the right side of the machine was placed in maybe not even a millimeter off alignment so I partially unscrewed and aligned better. After doing this, the building went to fully functioning. It's interesting how reliant on this opto the main building is.

Awesome! Do you have a before and after pic so we know what to do?

#23068 12 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Awesome! Do you have a before and after pic so we know what to do?

The adjustment was so small I don’t think you’d be able to tell the difference in a picture. Follow the “Toho building mod” instructions to see how to access the optos. https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4466572861587-Godzilla-Theater

#23069 11 months ago

Anyone know the specs of the screws that attach the model type plaque to the speaker panel?

(This post is a test of the insane obscure collective knowledge of Pinside)

#23070 11 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Anyone know the specs of the screws that attach the model type plaque to the speaker panel?
(This post is a test of the insane obscure collective knowledge of Pinside)

Taken from SpeakerLightKits.com, I did order some colored ones with an order a few weeks ago

Screenshot_20230710_145115_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230710_145115_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23071 11 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Monday delivery for my premium. I might have to call in sick. Lol

Well?

#23072 11 months ago

Arrived today.

2487FCCA-42F6-4777-998A-0CC9E70BB3BA (resized).jpeg2487FCCA-42F6-4777-998A-0CC9E70BB3BA (resized).jpeg
#23073 11 months ago

Arrived today.
[quoted image]

Awesome! I have to wait until Monday.

#23074 11 months ago

Had a pretty good game tonight. Lots of shots clicked. Was about to shut it down for the night after some frustrating balls on DP. Terror of Mecha Godzilla is such a fun mode!

PXL_20230711_024639973 (resized).jpgPXL_20230711_024639973 (resized).jpg
#23075 11 months ago

So I really liked my home-made black Godzilla and it was such a pain to remove it, and I LOVE the mod so I made the best of both worlds…some wanted to see it live

I think it looks awesome! I have a few more tweaks to do but so far so good…thanks to the great customer service by stumblor !

IMG_9716 (resized).jpegIMG_9716 (resized).jpegIMG_9717 (resized).jpegIMG_9717 (resized).jpegIMG_9727 (resized).jpegIMG_9727 (resized).jpeg
#23076 11 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

So I really liked my home-made black Godzilla and it was such a pain to remove it, and I LOVE the mod so I made the best of both worlds…some wanted to see it live
I think it looks awesome! I have a few more tweaks to do but so far so good…thanks to the great customer service by stumblor !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you run power to Atomic Z? Is it on at all times or is it triggered by something?

#23077 11 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Awesome! I have to wait until Monday.

I can’t believe how good the game is. Only played a few games. Was tired long day of work. Tonight I am going to play awhile.

#23078 11 months ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

How did you run power to Atomic Z? Is it on at all times or is it triggered by something?

Had to get a longer plug in cable for it to extend to backbox - ask Jazzbouche he is super cool

#23079 11 months ago

Well I didn’t get the score in the main game, but finally broke a billion in the KOM topper mode.

Big shout out to those who suggested adjusting the guide rail on the side of the magnet (left side looking from the front) and especially HoakyPoaky as they created the post below that details how they adjusted theirs. I thought I just needed to keep practicing the Left Ramp shot, but just felt no matter what I did, I couldn’t get any consistency and turns out my guide rail by the magnet had a good amount of space, so I adjusted it and it’s A LOT more consistent and I can hit the shot a lot easier, although it’s not a gimme and the ball now swings a lot better\more allowing me to better align the loop shot. Along with adjusting the rail, I also changed the flipper coil sleeves and stops as I noticed a good amount of shavings from the Stern coil stops (maybe 300 total plays and only had 226 when I got it) and that also helped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/22#post-6825741

Have a great day everyone.

IMG_2407 (resized).jpegIMG_2407 (resized).jpeg
#23080 11 months ago

Is there a bug with rampage? It seems to end, the final score for the mode displays and then on the next switch hit it restarts at the last shot. Only happens once so isn’t an eternal loop but something not right.

#23081 11 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I was curious what has been the consensus on good replacement balls for this game?
After watching Gonzo's recent video on stock Stern pinballs being of poor quality

I saw that same video and immediately ordered some Ninjas (arrived super fast from Ball Baron, and reasonable price I thought) but am going to start with the Marco tube balls that are overpriced per Gonzo - NO stock Stern balls when Godzilla comes home this week! But yeah, I'm worried about how the regular balls work with the Magna-Grab vs some carbon balls.

#23082 11 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the Topper images - looks great! Will message you about any learnings from the install!

#23083 11 months ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Thanks for posting the Topper images - looks great! Will message you about any learnings from the install!

No Problem! I would argue that it looks just as good on top as in the game! I am one of those that loves this topper (yes, its too expensive, but pinball itself is too expensive) I have a few minor suggestions for you!

#23084 11 months ago

Ok, who out here has put a bill validator on their game.

#23085 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Is there a bug with rampage? It seems to end, the final score for the mode displays and then on the next switch hit it restarts at the last shot. Only happens once so isn’t an eternal loop but something not right.

Same happened to me last night, never noticed it before.

#23086 11 months ago

Godzilla topper mods finished. I added some monsters and some lighting. Under King Geedorah, we have yellow LEDs. Under Rodin we have a red LEDs. Under jet, jaguar, and Megalon and Angirus, we have red burning fire LEDs. Baby Godzilla has a lit up smoke. I will probably figure so more stuff to do but for now I will enjoy the topper. I would like to say with all the bashing of this topper it’s definitely the best one out there in my opinion.

IMG_0538 (resized).jpegIMG_0538 (resized).jpeg

#23087 11 months ago

I'm not clear how the bridge is designed to work. Sometimes mine will shake multiple times and say it is down but stay up. In bridge out multiball sometimes it is up and sometimes it is out for one ball to drop, then it is up for the remainder of the multiball. How is the bridge designed to work?

#23088 11 months ago
Quoted from MasterOnion5:

I saw that same video and immediately ordered some Ninjas (arrived super fast from Ball Baron, and reasonable price I thought) but am going to start with the Marco tube balls that are overpriced per Gonzo - NO stock Stern balls when Godzilla comes home this week! But yeah, I'm worried about how the regular balls work with the Magna-Grab vs some carbon balls.

I ordered some Ninjas to try next and got enough for my other pins since they don’t use magnets. I’ll see how it goes in Godzilla.

#23089 11 months ago

Anybody know where I can buy silver T-molding for this pin? I could find grey, but not silver. I'm not sure that there is a big difference, but my plan in the future was to get a silver/metallic paint job for this pin.

#23090 11 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Anybody know where I can buy silver T-molding for this pin? I could find grey, but not silver. I'm not sure that there is a big difference, but my plan in the future was to get a silver/metallic paint job for this pin.

https://www.t-molding.com/t-molding-by-color.html

They have chrome or a couple grays here... I briefly looked as my game has a silver powdercoat. Color is prismatic alien silver.

PXL_20221205_0248593342 (resized).jpgPXL_20221205_0248593342 (resized).jpg
#23091 11 months ago

Any production updates on the Tilt Toppers?

#23092 11 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

https://www.t-molding.com/t-molding-by-color.html
They have chrome or a couple grays here... I briefly looked as my game has a silver powdercoat. Color is prismatic alien silver.
[quoted image]

Blah Blah Blah.. oh, nice looking copy of Stars

#23093 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Yes I have noticed it too

#23094 11 months ago

New Godzilla movie looks good, set in the past right after WW2:

Cool setting, give us some retro Zilla action

#23095 11 months ago

Yeah just saw that! Nerding out a little bit today, but this has been a long time coming....

Looks like they are forgetting the Shin Godzilla movie from 2016 & just re-starting a proper new Era set after WWII . Covid screwed the whole production schedule & delayed Toho's plans for the last several years. They were supposed to shoot this back in 2019. I think they're handling this the right way. It clearly reboots Godzilla & opens a shared universe for future Toho Kaiju films, including spin-off solo movies for various Kaiju.

Personally I'm not a fan of the American big budget horrible-plot "Monsterverse" films. As a longtime fan, I been wanting to see Toho go back & produce their own films for a really long time.

Look at those damn gnarly spikes!

Godzilla_Minus_One_Poster (resized).jpegGodzilla_Minus_One_Poster (resized).jpeg
#23096 11 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Blah Blah Blah.. oh, nice looking copy of Stars

Thanks! I love Stars so much.

#23097 11 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Had a pretty good game tonight

2.5 billion is a "pretty good game"?!

#23098 11 months ago

I can’t believe how good the game is. Only played a few games. Was tired long day of work. Tonight I am going to play awhile.

This is the only pin that my entire family can all agree on.

#23099 11 months ago
Quoted from Shadowtilt:

Hi. Not sure if this is a common issue, but the lights in the upper half of my GZ Pro playfield got completely messed up. They all work but inserts will be lit incorrectly, the wrong color, etc. Even at the start of a new game, both the “Bridge Out” lights on the ramps will be lit solid.
In the RGB test menu, if I set red and blue to zero, the lights on the lower half will be green as they should, but the upper half will be blue. This sound familiar to anyone before I dive deeper? All the node bus diagnostic tests are also coming back clean.

I had a similar issue, probably not the exact same though… but for me it was just a molex connector to the building damage LED board that needed to be reseated. Away from my machine at the moment or I would provide more details. Hope you get it resolved and it’s an easy fix for you!

#23100 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Is there a bug with rampage? It seems to end, the final score for the mode displays and then on the next switch hit it restarts at the last shot.

Quoted from Gibo:

Yes I have noticed it too

This has happened to me a few times too. Super annoying when I'm trying to time out the last bit of Rampage, only to have it start again on me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 80.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

There are 27,923 posts in this topic. You are on page 462 of 559.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.