8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 150.
#3501 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys! Im new to pinball. I just got a Medieval Madness Remake Limited Edition. I love it! So Im going to get a new machine, but I'm stuck between Star Wars Premium, Walking dead premium or a used Simpsons pinball party (refurbished). Can you guys give me your input ? Can someone please give me their two cents of what they thought when they played Star Wars.. did they like it??
Thanks!

You are going to want to go to a show or location that has a lot of games and find your style. TSPP is a long game with deep rules and some people think it is great. Personally I can't stand that type of game and I would take basically any newer Stern over it. I have played TWD and really like it, but it is not something that I would buy. Star Wars is designed by Steve Ritchie who is famous for games that are fast and have a lot of flow from shot to shot. I love his games, so I would naturally take SW over the other two on your list without even playing it! This might seem stupid to some, but the great thing about pinball is the variety of games and styles. To each their own.

#3502 6 years ago

Since we hit 3500+ posts...

"3,500 tons of snow was used in Japan to create 'Star Wars' snow sculpture".

r_d2c8657 (resized).jpgr_d2c8657 (resized).jpg

#3503 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star Wars: Wait until the games start arriving and / or the videos start showing. No one here has really played it. Well maybe one person 7 times.

Info below from someone who played it the other day in the UK (not sure where, but not at the Electrocoin show). This is from someone who operates quite a few machines.

Had the pleasure to play Star Wars for an hour today. A definite thumbs up. Pure Steve Ritchie flow and probably his best game to date I reckon. Sounds, lighting and LCD visuals all top notch too.

#3504 6 years ago

Steve also stated that regarding software we would be pleasantly surprised.

#3505 6 years ago

When is the Deadflip live stream of Star Wars? This week?

#3506 6 years ago

I hope with that turbo charger ball lock, as the balls are spinning around as you get them ready to hit the Death Star, you see/hear clips of "Stay on Target, Stay on Target".

#3507 6 years ago

Im going to put down my deposit.. Im a Star Wars fan, what better way to show it then a Star Wars pinball machine! I hope its fun! I am currently making my "Star Wars" room. Unboxing all my statues that I have never set up. I was really interested in the Simpsons Pinball Party.. but maybe Stern will do a re-release?

IMG_0498 (resized).JPGIMG_0498 (resized).JPG

#3508 6 years ago

i want this black ship. or something even better.

star_trek_into_darkness_movie-wide-1024x640 (resized).jpgstar_trek_into_darkness_movie-wide-1024x640 (resized).jpg

#3509 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Ummmm....wrong movie I think lol

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

The Vengeance? Go find a Star Trek.

#3511 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The Vengeance? Go find a Star Trek.

Might get your head squashed by Khan.. stick with Star Wars.

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

This machine literally has zero chance of not being significantly better than DESW at this point. That is just plain ridiculous...

I agree with this and I own a desw.

One thing the de has going for it as a Star Wars collector/nut is I think the playfield art is spot on for the era of the original trilogy. it captured most of the ships, speeder bikes, and major characters all the way down to the sand people and scavengers.

The Stern will overall be much better and is a good reason to own both!

#3513 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When is the Deadflip live stream of Star Wars? This week?

Stay tuned. Not this week for sure.

#3514 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stay tuned. Not this week for sure.

uuugh...why the delay?? if games are in production as we speak its not like they have anything to hide or finish prior to letting the dude stream it...maybe trying to get one last code update before the first stream?

#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

uuugh...why the delay?? if games are in production as we speak its not like they have anything to hide or finish prior to letting the dude stream it...maybe trying to get one last code update before the first stream?

I just keep playing my GOT. Helps me keep my mind off the wait.

#3516 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was really interested in the Simpsons Pinball Party.. but maybe Stern will do a re-release?

Unlikely. It was one of their top sellers so there are already a ton out there. It was a Whitestar game, they're. It going to mass produce Whitestar boards at this point. It would be a stellar "remaster" candidate - the game would be even more amazing with modern sound quality and real animation on a color LCD - but I don't see it happening.

#3517 6 years ago

Sorry to restate my concerns but someone posted that someone at Stern said people will be pleasantly surprised at how much code is completed at launch...

I remember following GB before it launched and hearing the same thing... then 1.5 years later and the code is basically at the same point. I have no concern with art or playfield or toys. I want a game that at least has a promise of cod being completed at some point. No promise on GB and it has been said the code is finished now with modes incomplete / missing.

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree with this and I own a desw.
One thing the de has going for it as a Star Wars collector/nut is I think the playfield art is spot on for the era of the original trilogy. it captured most of the ships, speeder bikes, and major characters all the way down to the sand people and scavengers.
The Stern will overall be much better and is a good reason to own both!

The coding on DESW is pretty sad IMHO. Shot the ramp and Death Star. Rinse and repeat. Sure it has the speeder bike but it's just an animation that does absolutely nothing during gameplay. I think this game will have a lot more going on.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry to restate my concerns but someone posted that someone at Stern said people will be pleasantly surprised at how much code is completed at launch...
I remember following GB before it launched and hearing the same thing... then 1.5 years later and the code is basically at the same point. I have no concern with art or playfield or toys. I want a game that at least has a promise of cod being completed at some point. No promise on GB and it has been said the code is finished now with modes incomplete / missing.

What is missing in GB?

#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

uuugh...why the delay??

What delay? I don't see anywhere that stern committed to streaming gameplay by a certain date?

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

GOT was virtually complete upon release. Just needs one more small update for bug fixes, etc. This is the same team and I expect nothing less.

#3522 6 years ago

Stern Factory live stream on their facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10155400643579244/

#3523 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What is missing in GB?

"are you a god" final wizard mode and the librarian insert does nothing are both not in code yet that i know of

#3524 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What is missing in GB?

Good code

But seriously
Are you GOD?
Heaps of small bugs
Mode music plays during multiball instead of actual multiball music
Inability to skip long animations
Cannot adjust LED strength and those clear inserts pierce your soul. Why do I need to see Slimmer, then ecto, then slimmer, then the ecto then see them crash together while giving a crazy light show....while I have a main mode, looping supers and multiball running? It's too much. Make it shorter while lots of stuff is going on like most other pins.

And in general the scoring is pretty crazy. I don't think many people that really enjoy balanced pinball scoring enjoy this game. I don't like to cheer my grand champion score because I fluked a 6x multiplier at the right time.

#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

"are you a god" final wizard mode and the librarian insert does nothing are both not in code yet that i know of

There are a lot of other things still not working right, unbalanced scoring, etc. Stay Puft mode is not done right, cross the streams video scoring is ridiculous. It's just start your linear modes one at a time and chop away game after game. No variation and nothing else to do or accomplish.

#3526 6 years ago

They just showed an almost completely assembled pro on a Facebook live factory walk-through. The pro does look better in person, but only in the same way GOT looked better in person after it was shown. Still not mind blowing, but not the worst either.

#3527 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What do you think the hidden morse message says on the side rails?

I suggested that last week when the LE was first shown. I tried to decipher it but the permutations of that pattern are endless. Some vowels are just a dot or slash, which ones? I do think there is a message there though. Minor point but hey its just a discussion about pinball.

#3528 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The coding on DESW is pretty sad IMHO. Shot the ramp and Death Star. Rinse and repeat. Sure it has the speeder bike but it's just an animation that does absolutely nothing during gameplay. I think this game will have a lot more going on.

I was referring more to the art on playfield in general. If you really take a close look at everything that is drawn on PF they incorporated everything a Star Wars fan would want to see.

Yes, game play is lacking and yes the latest code does help it a bit.

If you add the pinsound and color dmd it further improves it.

It isn't that bad especially if you really enjoy the Star Wars theme.

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

There are a lot of other things still not working right, unbalanced scoring, etc. Stay Puft mode is not done right, cross the streams video scoring is ridiculous. It's just start your linear modes one at a time and chop away game after game. No variation and nothing else to do or accomplish.

i believe thats how the code is intended to be, linear up each ladder so it gets harder as you move up them. i think the code is the biggest weakness of GB though because of what you said, nothing else to do besides modes and collect ghosts. No breadth in GB code. Compared to TWD or GOT which have multiple strategy angles and dont force you to play one way everytime. I still love me some GB and i dont think it will ever change from being linear but could use a Scoleri Multiball, Slimer Multiball, and another added element into gameplay like TWD collecting supplies but collecting gear with the gear standups on left that could have minimodes incorporated into them for each piece of gear instead of just giving points like now, then after collecting all the gear minimodes could have a Gear multiball.

#3530 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Bc they want as many people as possible to order just off the theme (especially the le/prem) in case the gameplay doesn't blow you away . Seems to be working .....i wont ever get a new pin until i actually play it bc you cant tell much from video imo.

#3531 6 years ago

It looks like the only thing missing on all the Star Wars playfields is the Death Star? I wonder if the vendor is the hold up for stern?

#3532 6 years ago

From the Facebook Live factory tour
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3533 6 years ago

I was thinking I could get away with buying a virtual pinball machine, but I don't know how it could even compare. There would be no dimensional objects. Started looking at Virtuapin, Hyperpin etc. What you guys think? Then finally I can play simpsons pinball party.
Does anyone have one and give their two cents?

#3534 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was thinking I could get away with buying a virtual pinball machine, but I don't know how it could even compare. There would be no dimensional objects. Started looking at Virtuapin, Hyperpin etc. What you guys think? Then finally I can play simpsons pinball party.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club

Post there. I'm sure they can help.

#3535 6 years ago

That pic of the Pro a few posts up... is that the same ramp as the Beta ramp in ST Pro? It looks exactly the same (overall placement, reverse letter-R path at the top, ride the right edge of the cabinet all the way down).

If it's not, it's damn close. Matter of fact, the left ramp looks a lot like the Alpha in the same regard...

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

VP are nice. i have one, the new VPX software is close to emulation. Its a good alternative.

#3537 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

From the Facebook Live factory tour

Did you guys notice that there are some decals on the ramps but they are not present anywhere on the high res image releases. Wondering if the premium and LE will have some kind of treatment like that for the metal ramps. At the 17:14 mark of the video.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10155400643579244/

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.00.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.00.48 PM (resized).png

#3538 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

They just showed an almost completely assembled pro on a Facebook live factory walk-through. The pro does look better in person, but only in the same way GOT looked better in person after it was shown. Still not mind blowing, but not the worst either.

Link?

#3539 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What is missing in GB?

Stern code is never, ever finished in the eyes of many people. I don't really understand what they want sometimes.

#3540 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern code is never, ever finished in the eyes of many people. I don't really understand what they want sometimes.

What's to understand? They want it to be finished lol.

Wishlists are subjective, but missing features and bugs are legitimate things to want in a game and hopefully easy to understand.

#3541 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

That pic of the Pro a few posts up... is that the same ramp as the Beta ramp in ST Pro? It looks exactly the same (overall placement, reverse letter-R path at the top, ride the right edge of the cabinet all the way down).
If it's not, it's damn close. Matter of fact, the left ramp looks a lot like the Alpha in the same regard...

Alpha (left) ramp on ST does not go beyond the backboard like this one does. But the right ramp is very similar.
Can't tell if that mini LCD is going to block your view of the rollover inserts or not.

#3542 6 years ago

Artwork shown from live Facebook. Looks good.

IMG_1689 (resized).PNGIMG_1689 (resized).PNG

IMG_1690 (resized).PNGIMG_1690 (resized).PNG

IMG_1691 (resized).PNGIMG_1691 (resized).PNG

IMG_1692 (resized).PNGIMG_1692 (resized).PNG

IMG_1694 (resized).PNGIMG_1694 (resized).PNG

#3543 6 years ago

Still dont see any ewoks

#3544 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Artwork shown from live Facebook. Looks good.

Those details down by the flippers look awesome! August can't come soon enough.

#3545 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What is missing in GB?

There isn't enough opportunity to explore who really brought the dog.

#3546 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Don't do it. Play on a computer until you can get a real machine.

#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Don't do it. Play on a computer until you can get a real machine.

I like the idea of virtual pinball but I have yet to find one that was enjoyable to play due to the flipper lag. Do they exist?

#3548 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There isn't enough opportunity to explore who really brought the dog.

Hit 3 shots and move along. Easiest mode in the game. I usually avoid that path unless I complete the ramp modes.

#3549 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It isn't that bad especially if you really enjoy the Star Wars theme.

I agree with your assessment overall ... I just find the game to be too bland for the money they command. I'm sure Pinsound helps a lot with the atmosphere, but it still is missing something (to me ... to each their own ).

I do love the art on that playfield though ... I plan on getting a CPR bronze one when they're released for wall art. I don't like hanging golds on the wall since (in my best Indy voice) "they belong in a machine" .

One must have Star Wars game is the old Atari one ... to this day, there still hasn't been a Star Wars game that captures the Death Star trench run. Battlepod is close, but it feels like its on rollercoaster tracks. What I would give for a company to make the old Atari game with today's graphics (but I'm veering far off topic since this is a pinball forum ).

#3550 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not a novice and I've been pretty good about picking up rules and nuances in tons of games....GOT is still like deciphering quantum physics to me...I've given up on trying to understand it. If I play it, I just enjoy the flow, shoot the colored arrows and go for Multiballs...I have no idea what means what or what advantages any choices give me. I got to Winter is Coming and Hand of the King...so, whatever lol

I feel the same way about Hobbit. 40 modes and have no idea what to do with each one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.50
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/71?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.