8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 6 years ago

Looks like it will be very fun. Cannot wait to play one!

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Who is doing the code on this one?

Sir Dwight.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Why wouldnt they announce cost at the same time? I feel like Stern wants some of this preliminary feedback before they roll it all out.

I don't think this is when they wanted it revealed.

#301 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Damnit I like the premium translite more than the LE.....
How many LEs are we predicting?

400 to US

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't expect that many modes. I would think it's going to be more like Star Trek where they're repeatable but harder on the second or third pass. I hope you're right though!

Agreed. There's a 1,2,3 under each. If they combine the multiplier heaven of GOT with the three levels of modes like Star Trek, I'm gonna love it.

Some of the second and third tiers of modes on Star Trek are great. And the animations on them are awesome too.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That would be cool but damn, you don't even need a bigger screen to do multipliers...I hope those huge sega green arrows with Xs aren't used for that

Bigger screen is for the animations from what stern has shown so far with data on the border outlining it. They definitely haven't used the bigger screen to show more information. At least not yet.

#740 6 years ago

Very interested to see what they do with that extra LCD screen. I agree with others that I think it will have major importance to the gameplay as it is on the Pro as well.

Dwight and Steve knocked it out of the park with GOT, looking for more of the same here.

Can't wait to get one of these near me to play the shit out of it.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Shoulda had some holographic image instead with R2-D2 projecting it !!

That would look cool but I'd rather have something that has to do with gameplay.

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agreed and if you add the pinsound and color dmd I think it is pretty damn perfect!

Seriously? The new code gave no meaning to the only ramp in the game. Sorry but I'd rather shoot the ramp over and over than the orbits over and over. This is the Data East SW we're talking about. Man that game is not fun.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Can you cite examples of this

GOT all day. He also made the ST code pretty great. Also while I don't think GB's code is amazing, it's pretty damn good too.

It also turns out that Dwight had a hand in some of the more classic games that I like a lot.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I just hope they resisted the urge to add a video game mode to this game. I realize the temptation would be strong given the source material but man do I hate video game modes (and yes I have two games that have them, and they both stink).

Pretty sure that is what the video mode insert is for on the playfield. Haha

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We've done this a few times before (WOZ for example has a zero negativity tolerance safe zone thread). I'll bounce the idea across the other mods and see if the team feels we should do something like that for Star Wars; likely too early for the need of a thread like that but I'm not opposed.

This should be made for every new game imo. Hell the club threads get shit on from time to time even.

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Any DISTROS with an LE "slot" for SALE ??
Please send me a PM
$$$ on the READY
Thx - Rob

Please call a distributor. Do not post this here. I doubt you get any PMs from them. Game exchange in CO. Tilt in OH, cointaker in PA, and my new favorite, Hemisphere Amusements! Haha

#2087 6 years ago

Timballs on twitch tomorrow night at 7:30

#2262 6 years ago

Not sure if you guys saw this in the club thread but these are some features I think are going to be amazing.

Some fun info from a friend:
The button mashing tie fighter video that was shown is a mode. have to do it while the ball is in play.
The other use for the button is multipliers. At almost any time during play you can toggle the shot multiplier arrow on and off. when it is off, you can move it from shot to shot. when it is on, you can get all awards that apply to that shot with an up to 40x multiplier!! haha amazing.
Also, you choose characters at some point and the modes change based off what character you are playing as.
Liking this more and more!

#2265 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I assumed the video mode thing was while the ball was in play, would be incredibly lame without that. Could be fun. At least it's kind of a new idea.

That and the selectable shot multiplier is absolutely a new idea (at least that I have seen). That's going to be very interesting I think and make for some great risk reward opportunities.

#2266 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the truth as I see it: this is a Ritchie game, sure it will flow well.

Yep. No physical locks. At least on the pro. There will be no stop and go on that except for the mystery scoop as far as I can see.

#2298 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

1AM here. *sucks*

I'm sure it will be archived. Just watch it later.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

That would surprise you? Because Dwight has a history of launching such incomplete code?

Stern does in general starting with GOT. B66 was the exception.

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

If anyone gets the game early, please check and see if there are lots of spare plugs lying around in the cabinet .

Don't need too. Look in any spike game inside the coin door. Lots of extra spots to plug in accessories.

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

This will be the first Spike system I'll have seen.
I'll bet there will be over $1K in "official" Stern produced accessories for this game. Ugh.

Pretty sure there's well over that available in their store for their other spike games.

#2517 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Shipping in 2 weeks and not showing game play

They didn't show gameplay period before dead flip did GOT. Nothing official anyway.

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The only thing i gained from that video is that Gary gives bad interviews and called Han Solo "Hans"

Really? I found out that during your turn you can earn abilities for your character and use them to help you in your journey. That's awesome.

#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

Is anyone else concerned about the impact Disney/Lucasfilm lawyers will have on the third party modding scene?

Not in the slightest.

#2649 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I thought the pro had a two post style physical ball lock?

No physical multiball locks on the pro.

#2652 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To hold the ball for character selection and mode starts? Like behind the spinner on GB?

yes. there are 4 different spots the game can hold the ball for various features, but none of which are a physical ball lock. Definitely like that on the Pro, and may be like that for all three. All multiballs start with balls being fed from the trough.

#2656 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

ball lock from the other side. Then hit the capitive ball?

there are 4 different spots the game can hold the ball for various features, but none of which are a physical ball lock. Definitely like that on the Pro, and may be like that for all three. All multiballs start with balls being fed from the trough.

#2688 6 years ago

Cannot wait to see the stream Jack! The gameplay seems like it's going to be great. I predict lots and lots of strategy just like GOT.

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well, that's a bit of a stretch, you won't, but point taken. I'd be satisfied with a PRO, but I guess most wouldn't.

Pretty sure most the machines that get made/sold will be Pros. Most collectors might want other versions, but not most buyers.

#2718 6 years ago

how much strategy is it that everyone always picks martell and takes the same 4 houses into hand of the king?

Those people are doing it wrong. Haha. I can argue many ways to blow up that game. Pretty hard to explain them all, so most latch onto one and go with it. Pretty standard.

#2721 6 years ago

meh, all but 2 people at the worlds in Denmark last week played it that way

Just because the majority of competitors prefer the same path (and much easier to understand that path when everyone does it), doesn't mean it's the only way to tackle a game.

Now if you called me out for saying that DESW on original code has lots of different strategies, then you'd be onto something.

#2743 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

OK - I'm back to Star Wars...but I'm not sure what else we have to talk about until we see some gameplay footage

How about what we think gameplay will be like? I think the possibilities are exciting especially considering all the uses the action button has (selecting, shot multipliers, mashing during modes, etc).

Also the character selection and abilities for each seem awesome and should make for great staying power in the home.

#2775 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ala Avatar, but doubt it happens.

It doesn't.

#2785 6 years ago

Looks like R2D2 is gonna be my go to.

#2797 6 years ago

taking martell into hand of the king is not a great way to play. You also cant play 2 modes at once with greyjoy. If anything the only other house to pick is Tyrell
The only other really viable strategy is bash drops and get your spinner up to insane values and rip it all day, but that is no fun.

Not for here so if ya want to hear about more strategies, send me a PM.

#2805 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Go ahead and nail the horseshoe on Star Wars from left to right and tell me the ball doesn't fly toward the flipper as fast as it does on the yagov kicker.
Man I wish people could just actually play this game already.

Just wait unit the stern accessories are revealed. Haha.

#2852 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I heard a stern brand lighting mod will be available for the LE back glass to give hyperspace effect. Anybody else hear or know any more about it?

Just rumors at this point, but that would be sweet.

I thought it was interesting when Levi mentioned loop passing on this game. I would really love to get better at that, so intrigued to see how they play out on this game.

Also I bet that tie fighter has a coil behind it that makes it shake like the Star Trek Pro ship.

Would love to see how the force awards affect gameplay too.

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Isn't the hobbit playfield design basically a fish tales with a talking dragon and pop up beasts? I still fail to see how that is bad...
Nobody beats up on boring old fish tales. A cross cross ramp with nothing going on... I happen to like both fish tales, and hobbit, and think Star Wars looks pretty fun too. Especially the loop above the flippers.

This is a Star Wars thread. Enough with the hobbit.

#2857 6 years ago

Really loving this mini LCD the more that I think about it. I was pumped when they moved on from the DMD, but still that benefits the spectators more than the player imo. This mini LCD seems to be integrated into the gameplay significantly. That combined with the lickbar button being used a lot more, could be very very different experience in a good way.

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Amen, Chuck but this is where the action is. So we get the crap with the discussion of SW's

We're all adults here (for the most part) not hard to keep things SW pinball related. Plenty to discuss.

#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Well, 18 years ago, Williams made a Star Wars game with a screen that you really did interact with.

Haha. Yea. That was great idea but horribly implemented. RFM is proof of that. Much more fun imo.

#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So I talked to a hardcore Star Wars fan today. She is into the full costumes - like Big Time. She was jacked when I mentioned and showed SW pinball.
However we started talking about prices and desirability from a fan level and I asked if she was given a free ticket to buy this replica costume or a Star Wars pinball which would she take. I talked about how the costumes are only worn very few times but the pinball can play every day and enjoy with others. She agreed. Here is the costume. What do you think her answer was??

The suit for sure. For the same reason why I would buy the pinball machine instead of the suit.

#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Has Stern said when we will see a true game play video yet?

I don't think so. Jack posted here today about it so I bet it's in the next week or two.

#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

It's insane that people may actually have machines on site before we get to see video of what we're buying. Drives me freaking nuts.

There was never gameplay videos (that were worth a damn) before the first batches shipped. GOT was the first. Didn't seem to matter much before. I'd say we're spoiled now.

#2879 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Lickbar! I have been doing it wrong

Hahaha. Missed that. However, when I have a ball trapped on either flippper during vengeance MB and protons to use, I like to lick that button since I have no free hands.

#2887 6 years ago

Does anyone have ideas as to how the force targets will be implemented?

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It was speculated that the Force drops would be used in a skill shot..

Yeah it looks like there's multiple skills shots to choose from. I wonder why the others are? Maybe plunge to the mini LCD? Plunge to left inlane like Congo?

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from SChlafi:

I was wondering, and I believe no one already put comment on that here, but the animations on the LCD (according to IGN video) don't look really smooth. It seems to really lack fps.
I haven't played yet on any LCD stern pinball, but is spike 2 able to handle HQ videos?

Yes

#2920 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'm guessing it's the same code situation as Batman 66 at Pinball Expo 2016?

Talking with Dwight, this doesn't seem to be the case at all.

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But does it react to every ball strike (in general... because it's just a weight on a spring) or do you have to actually hit that mini target to make the thing shake? Does movement of the actual toy register and give you points... or is it just a spring behind a mini target and local vibrations make it wiggle a bit? Does more movement equal more points?
One is what I'd call a true "bash" toy, and the other one is a conveniently placed spring near a target that would act no differently otherwise.

I would say it has a coil that hits the tie fighter to make it shake just like the Star Trek Pro Ship.

#2946 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Slings are now a feature? They might as well list that the game has "Super threaded action screws" as well...

Well if they are not used in the traditional sense, I'd say that's a feature. But who cares really? Is it fun. That is all that matters.

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Not sure on this one ... Do you "hit the tie fighter" (ala bash toy) , then it shakes or hit a target , then tie fighter shakes ?

Hit target then it shakes. Like Star Trek.

#3026 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Its dwight so after potc, got and gb i have total faith in him =)

Can definitely stack shit and with the potential to set up a 40x shot, id say big points are possible.

#3290 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Steven mentioned in his seminar that the player has to choose a character at the beginning of the game, like on GoT. I found that a horrible feature on GoT.

One of my favorite innovations in pinball. Cannot remember any other game before it doing something like that. Makes for great variety in gameplay once you learn all the rules of the game.

#3295 6 years ago
Quoted from wspy:

Dr. Who. At beginning of each ball, you have to select a doctor who's giving you some special abilities... it's not affecting the game modes as i think it does in GOT though...

Great call. Forgot about Dr Who.

#3392 6 years ago

Man I am so glad that artwork means next to nothing to me when it comes to pinball machines. Haha. I would've thought we would be speculating about gameplay and other features of the game way more than artwork. That's what makes a game fun and worth owning imo.

#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, at 4K I didn't really care too much.
At 8K-9K, I tend to care.

Cool. So what parts of SW's gameplay are you excited for or have thoughts about? Features you like/dislike?

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nothing excites me so far, but I am looking forward to playing it.
I have AC/DC and IM. Is this going to be faster or flow better? I look forward to finding out.

I don't have either of those games so if this game is comparable, I'm gonna be very happy with how this game plays.

#3441 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Does anyone think this will be too similar to Star Trek in a small home collection?

No I don't think it will be.

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

GOT LE is a gorgeous game. Better looking playfield and the cabinet art was done by an artist.

Cool now what about Star Wars? You know, the topic of this thread?

#3455 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree. Did you order one?
Rob

I wish. Gotta wait this one out. Maybe sometime next year on the secondary market if I like it. Pro for me if I do buy one.

#3463 6 years ago

IMG_6022 (resized).PNGIMG_6022 (resized).PNGIMG_6023 (resized).JPGIMG_6023 (resized).JPGIMG_6024 (resized).JPGIMG_6024 (resized).JPGIMG_6026 (resized).JPGIMG_6026 (resized).JPGIMG_6025 (resized).JPGIMG_6025 (resized).JPGIMG_6027 (resized).JPGIMG_6027 (resized).JPGIMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6031 (resized).JPGIMG_6031 (resized).JPGIMG_6030 (resized).JPGIMG_6030 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPGIMG_6033 (resized).JPGIMG_6033 (resized).JPGIMG_6034 (resized).JPGIMG_6034 (resized).JPGIMG_6035 (resized).JPGIMG_6035 (resized).JPGIMG_6036 (resized).JPGIMG_6036 (resized).JPGIMG_6038 (resized).JPGIMG_6038 (resized).JPGIMG_6037 (resized).JPGIMG_6037 (resized).JPG

IMG_6032 (resized).JPGIMG_6032 (resized).JPG

Alternate translite heaven.

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I think the Pro and Premium translites are fantastic. Wouldn't change them for the world.

How about one made special for a fan of your other translite work? Haha

#3484 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If I understand Steve's description of the Pre/le Hyperdrive loop, then the Pro will just have virtual locks?

The hyperdrive loop is more of a way to add balls to multiball not lock them to start it, if that makes sense. No physical locks for multiball in any version.

#3494 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No it's the most glorious ball lock of all time.
You keep adding balls and theyll spin around till multiball is activated.

Okay I might have misunderstood. Let's see this damn thing already! Haha

#3497 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No it's the most glorious ball lock of all time.
You keep adding balls and theyll spin around till multiball is activated.

Now that I think about it, I bet it's exactly like how tortuga multiball starts on POTC.

#3513 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When is the Deadflip live stream of Star Wars? This week?

Stay tuned. Not this week for sure.

#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

uuugh...why the delay??

What delay? I don't see anywhere that stern committed to streaming gameplay by a certain date?

#3534 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was thinking I could get away with buying a virtual pinball machine, but I don't know how it could even compare. There would be no dimensional objects. Started looking at Virtuapin, Hyperpin etc. What you guys think? Then finally I can play simpsons pinball party.
Does anyone have one and give their two cents?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club

Post there. I'm sure they can help.

#3565 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Went to Disneyland yesterday with the family. We're all in a Star Wars mood. I'm ready to order a premium today but really want to get a personal play in on a pro or premium before I do. We need a schedule of appearances. The only rumor is a Pro at CAX July 29-30. Any other rumors about opportunities before October?

I'm sure there will be one at the CLE pin show in sept.

#3608 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't disagree but here's the point.
They don't HAVE to.
But they're GOING to.
But WHY aren't they allowing anyone to film it now?
Because....
A) Something's f'd up in the game
or
B) They promised an "exclusive" to someone for the reveal
or
C) There's a music/clip licensing issue
or
D) They're afraid actually gameplay will hinder sales
or
?

E) hesitant that any tiny little mishap will cause pinside will lose their shit.

#3610 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

F: they don't give an F about people whining on pinside about needing video.
Go back through the other stern releases, when is the last time a video showing gameplay was released at the sametime the announcement or even relatively close to it?

Exactly. GOT was first so there haven't even been that many to get the deadflip gameplay streams, and everyone is already bitching about how long it's taking them to do them on new releases.

#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Videos will come, gameplay and features will be revealed and people will finally be able to stop losing their damn minds.

You must be new here.

#3685 6 years ago

I'm gonna do my first pinball browser music change and just replace the entire game's sounds with this:

#3726 6 years ago

Was anyone else obsessed with Star Wars rogue squadron on N64? That was all I played for like two years.

#3733 6 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Was obsessed with rouge squadron 2 on the Nintendo game cube. Brilliant game that really captures the different crafts from the Star Wars universe. Wonder how it would hold up today???

Well i know damn well the original on N64 would hold up very well. Great game and very accurate to the movies.

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You wanna see accurate?
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Sorry. I'll take rogue squad over this any day.

#3742 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Really?
This
» YouTube video
Over this?
» YouTube video
And this is battlefront 1 footage.

Absolutely.

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

4000 posts about this game

Yeah maybe more like 500. Lot of garbage in here. Haha

#3952 6 years ago

FFS this thread sucks

Yep. Just like ever other new game thread in existence. A shame really.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Anybody get anything close to an ETA for shipping on the pro? Was told last week sometime in September. Taking that with a grain of salt though.

I think launch parties are AUG 11th or so. So sometime before that.

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Based on the bonus screen, looks like Star Wars will have some ridiculous scoring and bonuses just like Ghostbusters.

Im hoping for more balanced scoring like GOT.

#4134 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I prefer jjps model better, but would like to see them get to two games a year while not sacrificing the quality. Stern I wouldn't mind if they backed off a game every year in order to put more into the games they release. I can't afford a new game every year anyway, so the selection after a year or two would be better and higher quality. I'm probably more concerned with saturation of the market when they put out so many.

Stern is trying to maximize profits. You do that with decreasing the Direct Costs, increasing price or both. Doesn't matter if they make 1 game a year or 10, their goal wouldn't change. So if Star Wars was the only game to come out from stern this year it would look no different imo.

#4138 6 years ago

Of course they could put more money into the BOM if they made fewer titles. My point is they wouldn't. They would just let those savings hit the bottom line. That's what I would do.

#4140 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

They definitely could just keep it as is like you say. I think the customer base would prefer more features, but as long as we keep buying, why would they change. I agree. This is why I prefer jjps model. They set out to build higher quality machines, and they are. Regardless of what some people think about jjp, they are trying to offer more and have succeeded. I like my Stern's, but his original question basically comes down to personal preference of quality vs quantity. I prefer quality. Now, still anxiously awaiting to see SW play.

Yep. Options are good for everybody.

#4178 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Or maybe there is a physical ball lock behind the backboard.

No physical ball locks. Hyper loop is used and can store multiple balls looping but that's it.

#4181 6 years ago

Think tortuga MB from POTC. That's what I think this will be.

#4275 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Death Stars are an issue?

Sky is falling because no one has seen them on the production line. So your game probably won't have one when you get it. Word is stern is going to have to ship you one to install at a later date.

#4283 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

About 68 posts ago, someone said their distributor told them Stern was going to ship the games "incomplete" and the user can install the missing item(s) at home. Vague, yes, but that coupled with no DS shown on assembled games, here we are.

But my distro said this wasn't true.

#4285 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My distro can beat up your distro!

Bullshit. My distro said that JAWS is next and I'm the only one that gets it. SLE 1 of 1.

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As uninspired as the playfield art and layout are, I'm really shocked people are excited for this to come out without videos being shown. We haven't had a single good Star Wars theme yet, why is this one gonna magically be better?

None of the others were done by Steve and Dwight. That's why I'm excited for this. I don't need to see anything beforehand. I always play something before I buy it.

#4314 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you're getting an LE, the parts should all be in by then, so it won't be an issue. I feel bad for the pro buyers.

Yeah must be rough getting a brand new pinball machine.

#4331 6 years ago

Please don't feed the trolls. Here's to people posting vids of their games in the near future!!

IMG_6086 (resized).JPGIMG_6086 (resized).JPG

#4335 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I haven't looked in on this thread in 30 something pages and it seems i haven't missed anything, except learning we might have to put our own toys on the playfield.

I also heard you have to put the legs on and lock the head down too. Just a heads up.

#4437 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

does it seem like we actually get a real plunge skill shot on this machine? It seems like it spits out to the middle of the pf, maybe the 3 stand up target area? vs the typical stern plunge to the upper right pop bumper area.

Yeah I think it will have a roving drop target skill shot, plunge to the three stand ups, and maybe one to two more to choose from. I think in one of the still shots I've seen, there's at least three different skill shots.

#4527 6 years ago

So glad to see this is back on topic. Can't wait for the stream tonight.

#4539 6 years ago

Sweet. Dwight will be on the stream too. Hopefully it's not too hectic for him to give us some good insight into the rules. If this game is like GOT, it's gonna need some splainin'.

#4543 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Damn. What time is that in little Denmark?

1am

#4565 6 years ago

Looks like I'm gonna love this game.

#4576 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Chuck I'm sure you noticed that fat spinner score during that illegal ball play...1.6 a spin it looked like.

Missed it. But not surprised. Haha. But if the scores are going to be like Jim's all the time that spinner ain't worth shit. Haha

#4578 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The speed of the inner orbit is just Whoa!
The lighting looks really sharp and bright, especially considering there are colored GI. My impression from the video is this is probably the best lighting use I have seen of the colored GI games Stern has done.
Also, the LCD screen is finally showing what it can be in pinball, so much better than DMD.

Remember there's a big ass aux lamp on the game. So some of this is deceiving. Those flashing modes look to be instense like GOT. Get out the sunglasses!

#4585 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha no I'm sure they'll fix the game so there isn't Jim's amazing 1 ball MB

Really? Haha. Didn't notice that. Yeah dwight will get that fixed. Good having KME there as I'm sure he's found bugs that surface when you collect like 17 super jackpots in one multiball.

#4586 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SO glad I'm still in for an LE. Looks like a blast even without the hyperdrive ball lock. The premium/LE could be epic...
...but I'll try not to get TOO excited.

Why not? Live it up baby. Pinball is awesome.

#4590 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah 1 ball was being held by the mode start thing and he was just juicing those shoots/victory laps for like 40, then 70, then 200 million a shot...think he was around 40X maybe?

Wild. I'm still trying to understand the multiplier. I thought that it was one single shot that was multiplied by that amount. You had to skillfully move that shot around the game and lock it in on a big payday shot, then make it before the multiplier timer ran out. Not sure though.

#4599 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you saying those spotlights that are brightening up the playfield with white light are not going to be on the game? I believe I see at least 5 spotlights on the game that are very bright.

Those will be there, just not the giantic square light you see on the game every time the lights go out.

#4600 6 years ago

Either they don't want to spoil the wizard mode, or it's not in the game yet. Keith drained on purpose it looks like with one mode left.

#4619 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

It's not working for me either.

works for me on iPhone 6

#4629 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

At 1:30:40 Kieth soft plunges straight into multiball?!

Possible. If you're close to tie fighter multiball, then collect the +5 tie fighter skill shot, sounds legit to me.

#4642 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wonder how the hyper drive loop on premium and LE will be incorporated in the gameplay that was displayed. Did they mention that at all. I didn't watch the full stream.

My guess is it will be a part of hyperdrive multiball that was displayed in the stream tonight.

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

It sounds like GOT is the closest to this type of rule-set? How do new/young players handle that type of play and are they still able to have FUN with it?

Can only speak for my GoT and the ones on locations near me. They do fantastic on location and at my house even though people don't understand the rules they keep playing. As long as they can fall bass ackwards into modes/multiballs all will be well.

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

The call-outs sound like the narrator from the Clone Wars cartoon. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed.

#4818 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is anyone not digging how the multipliers work?
Rob

I don't think anyone fully understands them. But from what little I understand, I love them.

#4820 6 years ago

I guess I should've clarified. Are you speaking of bonus or shot multipliers?

#4822 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Bonus doesn't worry me they're always jacked on Stern's early code.

As long as there's a limit to the bonus X, that's all I'm worried about. B66 is umlimited I think.

#4825 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

10 million is nothing. 8X max wouldn't be worth the risk. The whole point of multipliers are risk/reward.
Here's how I gather the multipliers work, maybe someone can fill in the gray areas for me but:
- you start with a base 2X multiplier at all times I believe. There are ways to increase this 'base' multiplier value.
-3 shots on the shot map all grouped next to each other start as the multiplier shots. Make those shots and they get the multiplier value added to the shot value.
-you can control which shots have the multiplier by toggling the multiplier on/off with lock bar button. When it's off, you can move the multiplier shots to new spots on the shot map. These shots are noted with X inserts. Press lock bar button to lock in the multiplier.
-I'm not sure how to increase the multiplier (I think it's the 3-bank) nor do I know how the multiplier timer times out. Sometimes it looked like it never timed out and other times it timed out right away.
- as your multiplier builds up, the group of 3 multiplier shots diminishes to only 2 shots and eventually only 1 shot will become a multiplier. So a 20X, 30X, 40X multiplier will only be beneficial one shot, not all 3.
It's risk/reward gentlemen. There's missions and story progression related to the SW world and there's risk/reward for building and cashing in giant jackpots and such. Awesome for pinball!

Increase the X by the three spot target bank under the mini LCD. Double your X from hitting the force drops down five times I believe. If the timer runs out, all X goes back down to the lowest point.

#4847 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At least in GOT it kinda thematically made sense as the house modes weren't super story-driven...I can kinda buy "fighting 2 houses at once" ...but in SW, it seems weird to start 2 movie-specfic story modes simultaneously.

They are completely story driven. They are a battle that each house experienced. You're not battling those houses, your just experiencing that battle.

#4848 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did somebody say there were 9 MBs!
Has Derek listed it yet?

4 planet multiballs
Hyperspace
Tie fighter
Wizard mode

2 unknown super awesome multiballs.

#4853 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

GoT is not even remotely story driven in my opinion, but maybe we think of 'story' differently. It has rules that utilize the world of the theme, and it integrates well, but it's not at all narrative-driven play.

Yep. I don't think of it being a narrative, but the modes certainly are part of the GOT story as in they happened in the show and probably the books. Haha

#4856 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hmmm...well, just chalk up one more for GOT's concept being confusing. I thought when you pick a house - YOU are that house...and you're battling the other houses to take the throne. So - to me, it makes sense that the modes are your house vs. theirs.

targaryean is the only house you battle. That's why you can't pick them. Wouldn't make sense to pick Martell then battle Martell.

#4874 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was talking about the shot multipliers. Keith blew up the hyperspace hurry up for 1.3 billion at one point which I hope doesn't become something common with this game. Like where you just keep the X locked on the hyperspace lane and shoot it when it's lit for 40 million x40, or something close to that. With multiballs a plenty it seemed common (easy?) for a few of the players to keep the multiplier at high levels. He was also killing it on Escape From Boba Fett for almost a billion the last time he got it.
Rob

One of the best things about keith being there is you can almost guarantee there will be no broken scoring on any stern in the future. He definitely seems like the type of guy to figure that stuff out quickly and have the coder snuff it out.

I mean if stern really wants these stern only tournaments to take off, the games have to be tournament play viable.

I'm not worried at all.

#4878 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hit a 4 bil HOTK hurry up the other day. Doesn't t make it broken, gives the game risk/reward. Don't know why so many ppl want linear scoring story driven games. Why can't we have both? Breadth people! Beating games and kickin ass is what it's about.

But what about getting 2 billion per shot in stark bonus rounds? That's the kind of stuff I think needs fixing. I think Robs talking about that stuff too.

#4907 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Speaking of that can you change the audio out on Spike games? Actually I don't care, can you change the videa clips?
I know i must be the 100th person to think of replacing everything witch Family Guy Star Wars clips right?

Where do I send my kidney? This would be amazing. Haha

#4959 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That has been fixed already.

Right you are Ken.

#4960 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Taking a shot with little risk because you move a giant multplier over it is just gaming the math... there's no risk and I don't necessarily find it all that rewarding. It is still challenging as you need to be cognizant of where you place your mutillier to maximize your shot.

You seem to know how the multipliers work on this game. Care to explain them in depth? From what I've seen there are multiple risky shots that are involved in increasing them and it's required you take your hand off the game to move them. That seems risky too.

#5013 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Simple. They know people here will order when the reviews hit; they are kick starting sales by selling to private owners first. It is a lot easier to reach more people here than by operator location. I may be way off, but it makes sense.

Well some operators are suppose to get theirs first. That's part of the stern army perks.

#5036 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Power cycle, and it tells you the version at the end of bootup. Anyone up to "accidentally" trip over the cord?

It's beta. It was said my the stern team and posted my the stern team multiple times. .6-.8 most likely.

Looks like some pretty fun beta code to me. Looking forward to playing all the code revisions.

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

nobody has mentioned the TWD comparisons for the 'force' drop targets yet? somebody in the stream mentioned there are 5 levels of completing the drop targets, which then fully lights the 'f', then, 'o', then 'r', then 'c', then 'e'. I think the 'e' is the last and highest level, some sort of mb mode or mini wizard mode.
so TWD fans, maybe this will prove to add gameplay and stragety to SW......

Completing the drops five times gets your multiplier doubled.

#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The excuse with Batman'66 shipping with 0.57 was that it was a last-minute thing and they only had a few months to pull it together. No such timeline for Star Wars, which supposedly had a long lead. So there's no excuse for shipping with beta code on Star Wars, except that Stern is pushing out so much stuff they can't get games even out of beta before they ship. That's wrong behavior and should not be rewarded.

I don't see it as rewarding them for wrong behavior. I don't care what the code revision is. All I know is I can't wait to play it based off what I've seen. If people play before they buy, no disappointment is possible. Do your research and decide if the game is for you after playing it.

#5158 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

We pay for better than we get. It's a shame.

I'm sure some of you feel that way and that is a shame. What I do is pay for something I've seen and played and expected nothing more than that because I know exactly what it is I'm getting. So no way of me paying for something then being surprised when it's not what I expected. Every single purchase I've made has been exactly what I've expected.

I suggest the people that feel so upset about all this spend time doing other things. It seems this isn't any fun for you.

#5163 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm wasted after some shots with yzfguy. So about Star Wars…

How do you like it now?

#5225 6 years ago

Stream coming soon. Stay tuned.

#5235 6 years ago

Was going to stream a bit, but couldn't get the cameras to cooperate.

Outhole is tapered now. I think that's to combat chipping.

Right side of shooter lane is all metal on the right side. Clearcoat looks great to me. Cabinet is fine.

It's gonna take 100s of games to get the hang of this. Haha. Can't wait.

#5236 6 years ago

Oh and ball times are not long on the one we're playing. Haha

#5238 6 years ago

Just collected my first massive shot. 500 million hyperspace hurry up 40x. Man this is amazing.

#5239 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just collected my first massive shot. 500 million hyperspace hurry up 40x. Man this is amazing.

Me and two buddies. We've been learning together. When I set the shot up, all three of us new what was on the table. When I nailed it, we all waited for the awesome hyperspace animation followed by the score amount and all cheered loud as hell. Nerd alert!!!

#5241 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

That's awesome. I still haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm still just trying to make "story" progression and haven't really studied shots.

Try starting modes one at a time. Read the display for what is needed to complete.

Depending on who you pick on ball one, certain modes are spotted for you.

#5244 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm trying to figure out how to do the hyperspace hurry up to get a huge shot like that, but my mind can't handle everything that's going on yet. haha! I love the Boba Fett light show.

So prime the hyperspace by completing the rebel insignias in the inlanes. Then hit the right ramp (flashing yellow). Then hit the Death Star.

#5246 6 years ago

Nope. Force does that. If you're Luke one set does it. Everyone else it's two I think. Right outlane.

#5249 6 years ago
Quoted from SChlafi:

I went quickly trhough the last pages, so, just for confirmation, lucky owners can't play the game yet due to code issues ?

What? No code issues I've seen. Just played for over 100 plays in like 5 hours.

#5260 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He played it at Pintastic show.

Nope. My garage. It will be at arcade legacy bar edition Cincinnati tonight at 7. Come play!!

IMG_6122 (resized).JPGIMG_6122 (resized).JPG

#5261 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think he was at Pintastic, was he? I'll be really bummed if he was and I didn't say hi...and allow him to kick my ads in person on GOT. I think he owns one.

Boob. I would've given you an open mouth kiss if I was at pintastic.

#5262 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I got to play Star Wars at the 1up Colfax, Denver.
I'm not really sure what's going on yet, but it is beautiful and FAST.

Took me about 100 plays and 200 beers to get comfortable last night.

#5265 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I can't get comfortable with the Death Star shot. It's slaying me.

I spent 10 or so games only going for that. You can back hand it, but it has to be perfect.

I've never used my chin so much to play pinball either. Haha

#5271 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

got my pro this weekend, game plays great, no code issues (or any other issues for that matter) on mine.

Yeah I'm sure there are bugs in there, but I didn't see anything glaring last night. Played it up close and personal a lot. We did all the planet multiballs, hyperspace, tie fighter. No Jedi, so not sure if it's there or not yet.

#5273 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How did you get in there?

Friends with Dwight. Haha

#5274 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You don't have to stack modes. You can choose one, the other, or both. If doing two bothers you, only do one.

Highly suggest not stacking modes at first. The LCD does a great job telling you what to do. Learn the modes first, then stack city.

#5276 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I was watching the Deadflip stream again and I noticed (at about 1:11:45) that you do, in fact, lock a ball in the horseshoe and then knock it out like a captive ball to start multiball, which is extremely cool.

From what I saw from hyperspace MB is that the ball holds there at the start, then you can dump a ball behind it, then the game serves you a third ball. This is how the pro will work I think. The hyper space loop will be different and allow you to load up balls in there for a period of time before MB starts I think.

#5279 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

It is not a dealbreaker anyhow. I was just curios why he would program it that way on game like this.

Because it's strategy. Learn the modes. Stack two that are similar in shots and kill two birds with one stone.

The game spots you completed missions (those missions are different for each character chosen), and we still don't complete them all with staking them. Game is challenging and super fun.

#5280 6 years ago

@turnchbull to be fair we only played this multiball 3-4 times and I only played it twice. I hit the ball out once and put a ball behind it once. Same thing both times. Served me another ball. Not sure the intended behavior yet.

#5283 6 years ago

CONFIRMED. Hitting the captive ball after MB start on hyperspace MB adds another ball. Hitting behind does nothing.

I also just locked a ball in the inner loop during MB and the game was yelling at me to hit it but I missed and drained.

#5286 6 years ago

Also there's a bug in the code. If you play 50 or so games in a sitting, it starts to light EB off the plunge if you pick Han or R2. Power cycling fixes this.

#5294 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also - what happened to the video mode I played in London? Has anybody gotten it with the newer code?

Don't think it's there. Played the piss out of this last night and never saw it.

#5306 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So for each character there are different modes? Like, 12 different modes for each character X 4 = 48 different missions?

No. 4 modes per planet. All the same for everyone. But you can only play modes that character participated in in the movies. Speeder bike chase can only be played by leia and Luke for example. I hope that makes sense.

#5308 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

s said before, star wars seems to be got on steroids, just hope its not constant hurryups happening just by doing shots in modes etc.

No constant hurry ups that I've seen. Tie fighter is most common, but the other two I've seen you really have to go out of your way to play them.

#5335 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Other than the blinking light on the playfield switching to solid, is there anything that tells a player a mission is completed? Other than the death star blowing up mission of course.
Rob

I feel like most have an animation or callout/sound. Cannot remember if every one does.

Also some modes do change for different characters. I was mistaken there.

#5337 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is Jabba is this game anywhere?

Tilt warning callouts for sure. Can't remember specifically anything else right now.

#5340 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Here's an easy solution. Add a setting option to the code to turn mode stacking on/off.
Want a less hectic, more atmosphere, scene specific experience? Turn stacking off. Want to progress further into the game at a faster crazy pace? Turn stacking on. Hopefully Dwight comes up with that option, if it's possible.

Or just to play the modes one at a time. No setting needed.

#5344 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If two people are playing though, and one guy is selecting stacked modes & the other isn't, the guy stacking is probably going to score way more points,

Not true at all. You'll see. Just like GOT, just cause someone is stacking modes doesn't mean they are going to score more.

#5352 6 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

But if you purchase instead of "lease" you have to depreciate the value of the machine over time as opposed to writing off the full value of the "lease" payments each month. Either probably has its place in the right business model.

Accounting nerd alert!! These would be capital leases that would get capitalized just like you bought it with cash. So depreciated over the life of the asset.

Rules are changing on leases in the coming years too.

#5369 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This is absolutely insane. So Disney couldn't possibly be harder to work with. Got it.

When I picked up 2 NIBs the SD cards were taped to the box.

#5381 6 years ago

Cool story. I've lived in my new house for over 6 months. Everyone in the neighborhood knows I collect pins. Nobody had taken me up on my offers to play pinball. Or their kids to come play with our daughter.

Had the SW I was baby sitting Saturday night in the garage. Block party going on and some of the parents and kids came over and played SW. Tonight, 5 neighborhood kids came back to play pinball. Pretty awesome that a few games on SW got em hooked. Maybe there's hope yet for that generation. Haha

#5387 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I really enjoy GOT flow, but this is one thing I dislike about GOT... the scoring imbalance where you can blow up your score exponentially and generate half your score by happenstance with large multiplier and completing one mode. Just too random.

This is not true at all. The scoring on GOT is anything but random.

#5391 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

While this is true, it seems the complaint is that big scores can happen by chance

I'll give ya that a person can kind of just blow up a multiball with a bunch of supers and then shoot flashing stuff during HOTK and get to 1-2 billion, but they aren't getting much more without knowing the rules well.

SW is much more like AC/DC. The big cash in is going to be on one shot only and you have to know where to move the multiplier. And also remember to lock it in. Haha

#5396 6 years ago
Quoted from DerRoland:

Has anyone, who set up a pro model, checked the cabinet seams?
Are metal brackets still recommended?

Seams we're good on the two I saw.

#5404 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Star Wars should be better in that regard, since people can just cradle up and pound the lockdown bar for what's looked like some very decent points in videos.

I never saw lots of points from this, but the tiefighter multiball is by far the easiest multiball to get to. Need to destroy 35 and that can be done from one round of mashing especially since there a grace period on the timer of the mash mode. Allows you to get at least 10 more tie fighters after the clock hits zero. Keep smashing!

#5406 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would be nice for a user option in adjustments to change tie fighter multiball qualification from 35 button hits to 35 gameplay switch hits. I can see this feature annoying if it's part of every game.

I hear ya, and that would be good for the home owners. But for bars, I think this feature is great for newbies to get into. So option in the adjustments is a good compromise.

Also I love how this game makes you earn the outlane save. Not like ST where it's lit at the start of every ball.

#5408 6 years ago

Some of the modes already use cool light saber sounds with those drops. It's the mode where Luke battles Darth.

I know that one of the characters can light rescue off the plunge, or I think if you hit the roving drop target light it will award it as well.

#5411 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That video that dead flip did where the game thoguht the guy was still in muliball.....he was getting 8 million a pop at one point, pretty sure. I'll go back and look, it may have been 800k in which no biggie but I swear I saw one that was 7950K....which is 7.9 million. For pressing a button. lol. Seems the value builds over the course of a ball and doesn't reset unless you drain. Could lead to some very odd strategy where you're just trying to get tie fighter hurryups.

Well I never saw anything like that and had balls where I got 2 and 3 tie fighter MBs in one ball. Killed like 200 of them in one game. I think I got 1.5 billion total and 500 million came from a hyperspace hurry up.

#5413 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

AS I meantioned before the lowest shots were 7-8Mill, he was hitting 50, 100, and even some 200s.

I wonder if they fixed that before the rest of us got to play. I played the game enough that I feel like I would've run into a similar state.

#5418 6 years ago

Tie fighter assault mode and multiball are being tweaked. New code expected soon.

#5420 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Any specifics on the tweeks?

No grace period after the timer runs out. So will be harder to rack up kills in he button mash mode.

Changes being made to jackpots and super jackpot. Not sure what specifically though.

#5423 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Eric, are we gonna see your name in the credits like GOT?

I don't think so. I don't own it so I probably won't be doing much with beta testing on this one. I will be playing it as much as I can so to do my best to help everyone understand the rules and help people on the fence or who cannot play it make a decision.

#5424 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Erik... you are quickly becoming the Bowen Kerins for Star Wars. You realize we're all going to be expecting a tutorial video from you once the code is a bit more complete, right?

Haha. I love rules and love dissecting them. So while I might know all this stuff, making the shots is a whole different story. Haha.

I'm gonna do something with GOT later in the summer. If people like that, I might do more.

#5426 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Get down here and let's make a video.
.....................................................of Star Wars.
Besides..I could use a good run through of the rules.

Well you would be the first person I call if I did it. Haha. I just need to get down there to hangout period.

#5429 6 years ago

From what I've noticed Han can start the boba fett mode easier by lighting all shots flashing white to start off the plunge if you want

Luke is allowed to advance a rank on the plunge and it may be easier to advance through them mid ball too

R2 will keep multiple multiplier shots lit at higher values than the others.

Leia. I assumed the same thing. Easier to complete the modes.

#5431 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you know if Dwight is going to tweak the multipliers rule, like you mentioned earlier with not being able to increase them if the multiplier is turned off?

Not with this update. He didn't seem like he wanted to when I suggested it. We shall see if that changes down the line.

#5441 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hmm...
Sw pro
13 coils
Tna
21 coils (I think)

I count 16 for SW. There are three in/around the inner loop.

#5459 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Unless someone beats me to the punch I'll post a video and pics once it shows up.

You should do it regardless.

#5474 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

O so maybe they rushed SW out a little too soon to try and compete with dialed in?

I'm in the camp that thinks stern and distros 100% knew SD cards weren't with the games and they were still waiting on final approval of code. Started shipping the games anyway and had the cards follow shortly afterwards.

#5485 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just got a call and my pro is leaving the factory on Tuesday. Hope the card issue is taken care of.

Why not ask the distro if it's in there?

#5544 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Well I'm on day 3 now with a new game that I still can't play. I was told the SD card would be here by 10:30 am this morning and it is still MIA... I'm a pretty patient guy but this is pushing my buttons

Sucks man. I'm sure you will get it soon.

#5583 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I sure hope it is an leveling/adjustment issue, because right now this is the most frustrating game I have ever played. As soon as you plunge the ball it is out of control side to side every single time. So you get a lot of outlane drains. Then the loop is a drain monster, It doesn't drain if I hit it softer but if you hit it hard with a rebound combo its SDTM and lightening fast. If it would hit a flipper then it would be great. I just feel so cheated, I hate getting punished for making the shot I was supposed to make.

Every person I've talked to about this game says this at first. Just keep playing.

#5584 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Han and R2 are at a disadvantage, which is probably why extra ball is lit for them at the beginning.9

That's a bug. Power cycle the game to fix.

#5590 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Power cycle fixes the immediate extra ball thing?

Yep. I think after it has been on for 50 plays or so it starts happening.

#5642 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Jedi Master Rank (Not in game yet)

Per Dwight this is in the game.

#5665 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I played for an hour on location, but I rarely had the chance to look up. Do the targets below the mini screen on the PF do anything but register tie fighters? I know it is also a skill shot and "keep the multiplier going".
Thanks!

Used in modes too. And increasing jackpots in multiball. Probably more but those are the ones I know.

#5675 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would hope so! This is a pretty big bug for route, but should also be a simple fix I would think.

For now maybe put it on .50 a play. I don't think there's issues with that setting. Or at least that I've seen on the one on location near me. No bill acceptor on this one either.

#5702 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A physical ball lock isn't necessary, but I couldn't even see how to start any multiballs.

Read the instruction card.

#5709 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I very much prefer the Pro having similar gameplay to the Premium and LE. I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on huge parts of the game because I didn't want to toss down another couple thousand dollars.

Premium and LE buyers feel the exact opposite. I don't mind it at all.

If I was stern that would be my goal. Make those features drastically different to get more home buyers to go premium. For OPs those features don't matter as the game will earn regardless.

#5826 6 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

So is there indeed any way in 0.85 code to "reset" mode progress? I had a game where I had finished all 16 modes, EFBF, and I was like 80% sure I had reached Jedi Master. Apparently there's supposed to be a Jedi Master multiball on its own, but I've yet to see it. But yeah the game was sitting in a "modeless" state. All I could really do is Tie Fighter or Hyperspace multiballs, and they're not super-valuable on their own.
I'm gonna correctly assume that Jedi Multiball does not exist yet too (probably because one of its requirements doesn't either).

I would double check in the instant info next time. There should be a progress map in there.

#5842 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

What!?!?!?!?!
Tell me this is a one-off. Please!

This is a one off.

#5861 6 years ago

Outside of the values of the multipliers, timers, etc. I doubt anything changes. I think it's great. Log me in as one of the few that likes it. Until now, lockbar buttons served little to no purpose. I like the change up on this game.

#5864 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

It took me a while, but now that I have quite a few plays on mine and know the modes/shoots well I like that I can always move my multiplier around also. At first I was trying to utilize it and it was to much, so for a while I just focused on the shots and getting to know the game better.

There have been many times I have been playing that I start a hurry up or some shot to finish I mode that I know will be worth a lot of points, so I take a minuet, catch my ball and move my multiplier over and lock it. Moving them around mid play is part of the risk /reward style of game play. You could technically lock them at the start of ball 1 and never move them the entire game. I usually lock them on the death star/endor/hoth shots right at the start as those are seem to be used the most for the modes. Although I will say the most I am focused on where it is, is when I hit the mystery and while that is doing its clip I move it around.

Don't forget about the mystery shot. I've gotten massive points from multiplying that.

#5883 6 years ago

Multipliers are staying as is. Just get to practicing! Haha

#5888 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'll adjust, I just don't like this as a new direction for pinball. It was fine with GoT, but took a while to figure out. Star Wars can be learned fine, sure, but it's going to have an even longer learning curve. They're just asking you to take your hands off the flippers so often. Feels weird.

I was utterly clueless on the use of the multipliers for hours of play. But once I figured it out, it became so much fun. Those times where you thought you multiplied a shot, but forgot to turn it on, are brutal. But those times when you move the multiplier from shot to shot like a surgeon ("A"players multiplying every shot in the Boba Fett hurry up mode is going to be a site to see, and what tons of other players will try to duplicate) is an amazing feeling.

It's hard no doubt. But at least they are trying new things. Not everyone will like it, that's why with new pinball more than ever people need to play before buying.

#5896 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

EDIT: reason I bring this up is if I get this game, I typically play with headphones as to not disrupt the house too much but hearing me play and mashing away at that button every 10 mins could get old with the family lol

Once I got used to the mode I could be very quiet and still mash away. Also there much less time to mash away than earlier code and typically you only get to 2 to 3 mash button modes per game. 15-20 hits max possible per mash mode.

#5908 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Just watched the tutorial video. Thanks Timballs for the video! So, it looks like there was most likely a pretty big bug at the end that kept the game from advancing - he clearly escaped Boba Fett but the game didn't recognize it. Glad it's all on video, should help immensely in debugging and fixing.
One thing (of many) that is still unclear to me is what does the second part of the skill shot award? It seems obvious the simple 3 bank awards whatever you have selected as your skill shot award, but what does hitting the lit drop target award and is it controllable? Playing on location the other day I found it immensely satisfying to hit the lit arrow on the 3 bank and time it appropriately to hit the lit drop target.

Three bank advances bonus X. Look at Little LCD. Roving drop target lights escape right away.

#6018 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I just wish that after 40 years of designing games Stern would know better than to aim a scoop that close to center at all... much less not have a timed save from day 1.

Every scoop ever that's pointed towards the flippers can get out of whack. Whether leveling or other adjustments, scoops have always had this issue.

#6021 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Monster Bash Creature saucer, Twilight Zone slot machine, Addams Family electric chair... If those have ever become out of whack auto-drains I have never seen it.

I have on all of them except creature. Stern has always used some of these feeds to send the ball back wildly to the flippers. Even if SW is set up right and it hits the left flipper, good luck controlling it. Also good luck handling the kickout on the left of my LW3.

#6027 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But why punish the player for having good aim and making the shot? I'm sorry, while I appreciate that this may be intentional, I classify this as a poor approach to gameplay.

Lots of games make it hard on you after making a big shot. Why should the game always be safe?

I don't see it as punishment, I see it as a challenge from the game to figure a way to beat it no matter what it throws at you.

Btw if you're consistently getting SDTM from the right scoop, that's not right. Adjustments need to be made. What those are, I'm not sure yet.

After baby sitting a SW for one night and playing it a ton, didn't get one SDTM from there.

After taking it to the bar it starts doing it 50/50, 60/40 at best. Now the only thing that changed was the back legs were lowered from where I had them.

My suggestion is to take the levelers and extend them until they are flush with the silver collar on the inside of the leg. When I had the back legs that way, no SDTM.

#6029 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A big frustration for me is when the dragon shot on Game of Thrones or snake on MET goes straight down the middle.

If that is happening consistently then there's an issue with setup. I understand the frustration. I hate when MB and AFM scoops do the same thing.

#6031 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's hard to to fix when the pin I'm playing is on route and I don't have the key.

Then do what I do. Fight the game back!! Say okay, gonna drain out of the snake and dragon shot? I'll GC this bitch without ever hitting that shot! Haha

#6034 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Did anyone else realize that the PF are 99.9% identical. The only difference I see is the lock mech thingy in the death star loop on the prem / le everything else is added on: hyperloop, ball save on the right outlane and the egg shattering death star. No more shaker, no more real backglass.

Yeah. The pics came out like forever ago.

#6043 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've played about 25 games on a Pro on location now. The OP has lowered the Tatooine scoop power so that it's a gentle feed to the right flipper. Works great.

Glad this works if need be, but I would really like to find another way so that the ball fires outta there to the left flipper. Like a delayed dragon kickback.

#6050 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The missions in the game, do they all basically play the same or are there different types of shots required for each one?
Rob

The modes are all pretty unique. Like GOT but probably even more varied than those.

#6060 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree with other complaints mentioned that the display is information overload. There's no way to follow the instructions with the speed of the game.

When you start a mode keep you eyes on the screen. Very easy instructions on what to do in the mode. Then keep your eyes on the PF while playing the mode.

I keep hearing that people want callouts in the modes. What game has good callouts during a mode telling you what to do? I feel like those types of callouts are very rare, and for me would be very annoying. It's a slippery slope with callouts. Not enough and it the game seems to be missing something. Too many and it's annoying as hell.

Also that thumping countdown noise you heard is the multiplier timer. Hit the three bank to stop it and advances your X my one.

Again. The mode instructions with the exception of one or two modes made it very clear on what I needed to to. Don't skip the mode start animations and concentrate on reading the screen. Play modes one at a time at first.

#6062 6 years ago

Interesting. Don't remember an orbit only mode. Remember ones that required something before or after an orbit to complete though.

I'm sure there's more tweaks to come. Glad you liked it. Like I said, this seemed right up our alley

#6129 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I had 10.8 billion on .85 code on route yesterday.

It's almost like it never happened. Haha

#6164 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I can't absorb the JJP screen yet but don't own one so you might be different. On this game I have yet to be able to use the screen like a DMD to get what I need when. Between the lock/unlock/move/lock and the screen. I am afraid I might pee my pants if I look at more screen real estate. Love the mini screen.

Don't really need to look up outside of mode starts.

#6166 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern has gotten the LCD right. JJP is too much imo.

DI is much better.

#6257 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Coil pulse power. Set it to soft.

I believe this setting does nothing to the flippers. Only the other coils.

#6262 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sounds like you haven't tried it yet.

Tried it on GB and GOT. Noticed no change in the flippers. I also don't see mention of flipper strength here.

#6264 6 years ago

Also how does this setting affect the right scoop?

#6266 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On GB we have a setting to affect the power on the librarian left scoop itself. Had to adjust it because it would kick out SDTM too often.
Does this not exist for SW scoop?

It's there. My point is does this coil strength setting also affect it?

Why isn't there a separate setting for flippers too like the scoop?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.