8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Since Stern say that it is a bash toy: Stern being amateurs - confirmed

And by that I mean that Levi is 100% correct. What is Stern thinking? That glorious airballs will hit their Tie Fighter?

About as much of a bash toy as Smaug is

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Who would win in a fight Smaug or an AT-AT ?!

That is the million dollar question

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Consumers can determine the quality and value for the $1 difference MSRP cost of comparison of titles.
Star Wars Limited Edition versus Dialed-In Limited Edition.
No other editions are compared, as SWLE is the best of the title to be offered.
I do not believe a game features matrix is required for proper comparison in this case.

Dialed In definitely has more packed into it. I'll even go as far as to say Hobbit has more stuff on the playfield than Star Wars. My question is which will be more fun to play.

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is no one concerned about the hyper ramp so close to the flippers? I mean obviously no one knows yet for sure but I want the Pre I just can't get past that, looks obstructive.

Yes I am. I think it looks like an eye soar but want to see it in action first. Reason I think I am going to go with the pro. I'm going to wait and see on this one.

#3331 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can see how you'd think a licensed game shouldn't use the characters that they paid all that money to license. Makes perfect sense!
I've never watched a second of game of thrones. Who cares? You figure the game out anyway.

I never knew any of the street fighter characters in the classic arcade game but never stopped me from jamming quarters in it.

Quoted from unigroove:

I find non-licensed easier to get into as there isn't the need to know certain characters, or having to watch a movie first in order to understand the game. Dialed In is a good example: I found the game a blast to play and it brought back the funfactor I recall from playing pinball in the 90s.

Maybe you could enjoy it as a new experience so since you no nothing about it, it's like a new them to you.

I think it will be, dear I say, WWE where you select a character before you play and gives you certain scoring opportunities you don't have with the other characters.

I know. I just mentioned WWE. It's like a just heated a million pinsiders crying in horror.

#3333 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How are you "making the army walk the plank?"
You're selling a Stern game to buy another Stern game. How does selling a game with unfinished code to buy another with unknown code stick it to the Stern army in any way?

I think he means the Kiss army and not the stern army.

#3355 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There's no difference at all in who you pick for WWE aside from some callouts.

You haven't played the game in awhile then with the updated code.

IMG_1086 (resized).JPGIMG_1086 (resized).JPG

IMG_1088 (resized).JPGIMG_1088 (resized).JPG

IMG_1087 (resized).JPGIMG_1087 (resized).JPG

IMG_1089 (resized).JPGIMG_1089 (resized).JPG

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so did the pro not have the spinning disc in the ring? I've only ever played it with that disc, so I assumed they all had it. Not that it matters, much like the WCS spinning soccer ball, it doesn't really make the ball more active like you think it would.

No spinning disc. It was cut out of the pro version and only in the LE.

#3496 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not a novice and I've been pretty good about picking up rules and nuances in tons of games....GOT is still like deciphering quantum physics to me...I've given up on trying to understand it. If I play it, I just enjoy the flow, shoot the colored arrows and go for Multiballs...I have no idea what means what or what advantages any choices give me. I got to Winter is Coming and Hand of the King...so, whatever lol

Watch the Bowen tutorials

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree with this and I own a desw.
One thing the de has going for it as a Star Wars collector/nut is I think the playfield art is spot on for the era of the original trilogy. it captured most of the ships, speeder bikes, and major characters all the way down to the sand people and scavengers.
The Stern will overall be much better and is a good reason to own both!

The coding on DESW is pretty sad IMHO. Shot the ramp and Death Star. Rinse and repeat. Sure it has the speeder bike but it's just an animation that does absolutely nothing during gameplay. I think this game will have a lot more going on.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry to restate my concerns but someone posted that someone at Stern said people will be pleasantly surprised at how much code is completed at launch...
I remember following GB before it launched and hearing the same thing... then 1.5 years later and the code is basically at the same point. I have no concern with art or playfield or toys. I want a game that at least has a promise of cod being completed at some point. No promise on GB and it has been said the code is finished now with modes incomplete / missing.

What is missing in GB?

#3542 6 years ago

Artwork shown from live Facebook. Looks good.

IMG_1689 (resized).PNGIMG_1689 (resized).PNG

IMG_1690 (resized).PNGIMG_1690 (resized).PNG

IMG_1691 (resized).PNGIMG_1691 (resized).PNG

IMG_1692 (resized).PNGIMG_1692 (resized).PNG

IMG_1694 (resized).PNGIMG_1694 (resized).PNG

#3548 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There isn't enough opportunity to explore who really brought the dog.

Hit 3 shots and move along. Easiest mode in the game. I usually avoid that path unless I complete the ramp modes.

#3550 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not a novice and I've been pretty good about picking up rules and nuances in tons of games....GOT is still like deciphering quantum physics to me...I've given up on trying to understand it. If I play it, I just enjoy the flow, shoot the colored arrows and go for Multiballs...I have no idea what means what or what advantages any choices give me. I got to Winter is Coming and Hand of the King...so, whatever lol

I feel the same way about Hobbit. 40 modes and have no idea what to do with each one.

#3553 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Still dont see any ewoks

I think they are on the left hand side below Flipper dropping rocks on the stormtroppers

1 week later
#3920 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Can't wait for this thread to change to............Stern announces Star Wars gameplay video

I think we are going to see video from a collector before we see anything from Stern.

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$10 says lucasfilms is preventing Stern from releasing a gameplay video. Same thing happened with SWE1.

Why? So know one sees clips from a 40 year old movie.

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Lucasfilm doesn't need logic, its not about seeing the old clips. Its about seeing the new product before official release/ship date.

They must of had the same issue with Star Trek. Damn studios.

#4204 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i saw the notification for the live feed but missed it dang, why the heck dont they archive those

Dear Stern, stop teasing us.

Sincerely

Potential Buyer.

1 week later
#4538 6 years ago

IMG_1993 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPG

#4595 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks cool so far. I like that the Tie Fighter toy moves around a bit more then expected, makes it seem like an actual bash toy. Also noticed a magnet on the left ramp that appears to hold the ball while a mode is selected?
I'm on the fence about the split modes. It appears that two modes are always in play. Will having two modes in play take away from one and make objectives appear confusing?
Also, the callouts seem to be by an Admiral Ackbar sound-alike?

Come on PF. 2 mode stacking is goingbto confuse you. You have a WOZ.

#4692 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

To much going on, new players are going to get confused quick! I didn't really like that you are able to pick 2 modes at once, just adds to the confusion and takes away from enjoying any one single mode. Also, at the point you have to hit the button to destroy the tie fighters, kinda easy if you just cradle the ball, maybe during that time there is no hold on the flipper so it's impossible to cradle it? Make it harder and more of a gamble.

No one has a gun to your head to pick 2 modes......player's choice.

New player confusion but you want to make it harder to hold a ball on a flipper???? WTF?!

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. A lot of games stack missions along with a multiball or a general switch based mode (super ramps, super orbits, etc type "modes") but not two objective based modes at once.
Having two objective based modes running at once looks to take away from the immersion factor as neither mode can really be enjoyed. With two objective based modes running at once video and audio clips from scenes get cut short often as they are stepping on each other.

Again you can pick one or 2. Player's Choice.

Do you complain when you stack a munchkin mode with lights on crytal ball mode with emerald city multiball while having haunted forest......ah never mind

#4721 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Code looks good. Lights good. Sound and animation getting there.
Is it just me or do others prefer toys to small TV screens on the field? Wrestlemania it's boring, hobbit it's boring. That little LCD does basically nothing and is the only thing I hate about this game. Could have used it's cost in development, animations, and the unit itself and made some sort of interesting toy. Especially there where the multiplier is a magnet would have made people hesitant or reserved in building multiplier.

There will be a lot of mods for this game. I think the small LCD is a nice touch and something different. It actually integrates into the gameplay - skill shot, tie fighters, info, etc. Looking at most of Steve Ritchie's games you don't find a lot of toys on them.

#4752 6 years ago

Some info screens

IMG_1996 (resized).PNGIMG_1996 (resized).PNG

IMG_1997 (resized).PNGIMG_1997 (resized).PNG

IMG_1998 (resized).PNGIMG_1998 (resized).PNG

IMG_1999 (resized).PNGIMG_1999 (resized).PNG

IMG_2001 (resized).PNGIMG_2001 (resized).PNG

IMG_2002 (resized).PNGIMG_2002 (resized).PNG

IMG_2006 (resized).PNGIMG_2006 (resized).PNG

IMG_2013 (resized).PNGIMG_2013 (resized).PNG

IMG_2010 (resized).PNGIMG_2010 (resized).PNG

#4759 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I didn't watch the entire stream, did they show the video mode at any point (not the tie fighter button mash)?

I don't remember seeing it but they might have.

#4783 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Loved GP and mechanics. But the animations could be better, The DMD or LED screens used in modern games kinda lack creativity. They just flash video clips and mash them together. Batman 66 suffers from this also. I'd love to see custom animations like you see in good ole DMD's but in high res and colour. If you go this route the Transitions would be smoother and pins would have some charm(plus the sky is the limit). AS had a great attempt at this for sterns first crack.
If you lack toys, the DMD animations and code should be killer.

I like the custom animations on Aerosmith but with SW or even Batman66 I don't think it would work plus the licenses holders may not be for it and Pinside would crucify the animations...more than likely.

#4838 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's the shit right there. My god think aboot how much better a monitinous wood chopping game liek TF would be if you could qualify more than 1 mode at a time. Well that game would still bore me but it would help.
How aboot a limited number of modes that you have to complete in order?

It would be nice to qualify & stack the 9 million modes on Hobbit.

#4956 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just because I have an LE on order doesn't mean I can't question the way some things are constructed in the rules. I think it's a fair question to ask about the playfield X and how often a player will be wanting/needing to switch it around.
edit: You get 3 inserts locked out of 7. I don't know if it's always 3 or if you can have more/less. 3/7 lets you cover almost half of the shots so maybe it's something that you can leave locked in place for the most part unless you absolutely want to move it.
Edit: sometimes it's less, like 1 locked. I think it might be combos that builds these up?
Rob

From Keith on TiltForums: "Use flippers to move a span of 3 shot multipliers, button to lock it in. As the shot multiplier increases fewer shots light. <5x = 3 shots lit. <10x= 2 shots lit. >10x only one shot lit. Playing as r2d2 the threshold is higher (7x,14x)"

#5005 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Hey guys, Watching the video, I noticed the ball drop through to drain on the far left, but then another time it went through the same spot and did not drain... How does StarWars do that? Is there a diverter that is triggered by something?

There is suppose to be a ball save on the right outlane similar to Star Trek.
Per the Stern Matrix for SW

IMG_1682 (resized).PNGIMG_1682 (resized).PNG

#5006 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious how Derek got his so fast? usuually they ship the first 10 to operators but seems the first few are going to private colelcitons?

When are you getting yours ?

#5008 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's software only, like ST Pro left outlane.

Yes I know. On the premium and LE it is physical diverter. On pro it is software.

#5167 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Alien is a completely different layout. It looks much more unique than Star Wars actually (not a fan layout), in my opinion. More flippers, many more shots, and interactive toys. Alien looks to have very smooth geometry, but in a unique layout. I'll likely be passing on Star Wars, but buying Alien.

Alien has the worst lock shot I have ever seen in a pinball design. It has a unique layout but not in a good way. Good luck buying one. When I played it nothing was clear on what to hit. Not an enjoyable experience.

#5201 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Sorry I should have included time clips from the video.
It all happens between 1:12:07 and 1:13:15 .
At 1:12:54 , a lone ball does not drain in that far outlane.
In that minute you will see the ball drop in the far left out lane and drain past what appears to be smooth plastic guide, but you will also see some balls not go through. I wonder if there is a hole where the ball can fit yet might also bounce weirdly and not pass through. But there is also a light that turns on & off in that lane. I was thinking the lane may open and close based on the things hit in the game.
Time coded YouTube link.
» YouTube video

I think what you are seeing is a ball drain on the left outlane at the same time a ball is traveling down the left ramp. It seems the left ramp gives a little backspin back before it drops into the inlane. The ramp is giving an optical illusion that the ball is traveling from the outlane to the inlane...at least that is what I am seeing.

1 week later
#5672 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Does anyone have an idea how long an issue like the credit bug would take Stern to fix? I am waiting for Pro to arrive to put on a location as their first ever pin, but I would hate for them to be hounded for refunds right away.

I would think the more people that actually contact Stern about it the faster it will get fixed.

#5719 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I don't see any value in the premium

After buying Kiss LE & GoTLE I don't see any value in the LEs.

#5729 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Getaway is about a $2500 game? You could literally own SW Pro and Getaway vs. an SW LE, right?

When someone codes Getaway with a ton a modes and 9 multiballs let me know and I will buy one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
The MOD Couple

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.