(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,674 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 1 year ago

Thing to note, shipping out is one thing, but also doesn't account for units picked up from the warehouse direct.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You are looking at what Stern's "pro" version would be.
I kid. I kid.

Too many sculpts and powder coating

1 week later
#906 1 year ago

With only so few machines out there and so many showing issues, there clearly needs to be a slow down in work and an all hands on deck to address the construction of these things.

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, shit happens. I can't tell you how many Sterns that had just came out of the box had issues where the playfield didn't sit in the cabinet correctly and / or the shooter / autolauncher weren't installed right I saw at a fairly recent show. The games were essentially unplayable but they got boxed and shipped. Every pinball manufacturer has their issues, especially on early-build games. At least we know you guys will actually do something about them and provide support.

The issue is scale of problems. So we've had like 50 machines or so sent out only and how many of those so far have we heard of QC issues? Quite a few. Same thing happened with TNA recently, a small run, and lots of reports of problems.

Now comparatively, yea the bigger manufacturers have issues but to the same extent? Doubtful. When you have LE runs of a stern being 1000 machines, then many times more prem, and pro models, a single launch run at Stern in one month is likely outputting more machines than what these smaller companies produce in 18 months. Now with many times as many machines, if QC was same level, things would be a dumpster fire in stern discussions but really they aren't. Yea a bad machine and problems happen, but again it's proportional.

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Your point is valid and I agree however there is no way Stern is making 1800 games in one month, they're good but not that good.

At capacity they can produce 500 machines a week. Stern is huge and is growing again. They pump out an entire LE run of 1000 machines in 2-3 weeks on average lately.

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

JJP - 100, Spooky - 30, CGC - 20, Haggis - 2 would be my guesstimates for the others - not sure about AP or PB.

DP I think gets one a week done

#1254 1 year ago

Why not do like Godzilla did, when MB triggered, allow player to choose the music they want playing? Folks were whining about the BOC song that always played in that mode getting repetitive, so they added in alternatives you can choose

1 week later
#2247 1 year ago

Dude regrets posting that comment now

1 month later
#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Per my earlier post in this thread, I agree.
Just because they aren't Stern or JJP doesn't mean they're small. They've produced 7 unique games now. The issues that Spooky games have seem unique to them as a company, not to being "new" to the game.

I mean us Elivra owners getting brand new runs of the game are going through so many issues with this well produced and old machine run by such a large company. I've had to make several adjustments out of the box, and if you look at the bigger issues folks keep coming up with on this recent run, it seems pretty sketch.

I think early adoption still is a concern for all pins, but for smaller companies especially I simply would never want to be an early adopter so that manufacturing issues get ironed out.

Spooky has made 7 games now, but they also tend to keep changing their procedures and designs, they aren't working with standardized parts or got a set in stone hardware toolset like what Stern has been doing. I think perhaps a change to all new boards and tech on their end was gonna have some growing pains as well but folks really wanted Spooky to move away from the pinotaur stuff

#3984 1 year ago

That seems overly generous in protection geez. I can see why some folks thought the early models were waaaay to easy

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Not really the right forum for this, but I get it. After 6 weekes we are still struggling to get Scooby stable and playable and then the thought that they are already focusing on a new title can be a little maddening.
I am optimistic they will continue to improve code and features for previous titles. ... don't think they will be able to survive in this competitive market otherwise.

I understand these take time and they got to be working on new stuff, but it is frustrating to have folks waiting on code and for the machines to be finished from their last game run, while they got a new machine that needs attention, and then they are going to be working on something new already? While I look Spooky, they still need to get their previous games sorted out and still have to prove themselves on this one.

2 weeks later
#4847 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

What baffles me is how random delivery seems to be on games (not just a a Spooky thing either). Person above just got 220 but I thought games in the 300s had been getting delivered like #341 just a couple posts above was delivered as well. This really doesn't make sense.

Pretty sure we would be interested as we are not great players. Design looks nice but would need to see it on a game of course. We are #517 and probably won't have our game until sometime in June so doubt we could be of any help. Will be curious to see how this pans out though.

These things are usually shipped in batches, especially to distros which means they would go out at different times as it's usually best to have multiple units ready or to fill a container. Obviously distance is a factor, how much the distro ordered, and as Spooky mentioned before, despite their order number, folks all don't pay at the same time which causes delays in shipping out with a batch and forced to wait till next available space. Then direct vs distro orders are gonna have differences in travel times as well. You also got butter cabinet orders which take longer often as those are made in batches as well separate from the non butter units.

Spooky has gone over it before but theres many variables which affect time of arrival.

#4965 11 months ago

This is where in manufacturing you stop. All hands on deck meetings, you get folks on the page and begin finding out whose doing what wrong. It's great they are growing, but I think perhaps they are growing faster than they can handle.

#4972 11 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Qc is disappointing to see on Scooby. I was hoping after Ultraman/Halloween that it would not be. Ultraman/Halloween still needs help and code.
Did any of the new Rick and Morty episodes get implemented into the code on that machine. I know this was talked about by Spooky but i think that ship sailed.

Problem with Rick and Morty is the license was limited and expired, so they couldn't get more episodes in afterwards

#4979 11 months ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I’m confident Spooky will work out the issues.
In automotive production we have things called “Quality Gates” at various steps on the line. One of the best ways to set up a gate is to have an operator that is normally on the line perform the inspection. This also creates a sense of accountability.

Have to think it's related to them growing and possibly newer staff? Cause while there was some issues with Halloween/UM, it was nothing like what we have seen with Scooby so far, especially all the wiring issues and such. Outside the early tweaks to those machines and the problem with the powder coating on Halloween, the QC issues on those machines were mostly smaller things it felt like, or those who got a bad batch of the same computers. But so far the scooby issues are another level it looks, so perhaps they have really had a ton of new workers who need further training

#5045 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Nobody is dunking on Spooky being great customer support or great help. We're dunking on their VERY questionable QA/QC process.

Scooby support is top tier no doubt. But yea have to question the quality control when some of this stuff is being shipped in this condition.

#5179 11 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:See Rick & Morty and TNA threads, too.

TNA is done and conplete.

#5230 11 months ago

Those target decals have taken a beating. Is t

Quoted from J_Striker:

got mine last week w/o asking #81, they are coming be patient

Sounds like they are going out in order, higher numbers will have to wait likely

#5291 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Factory was bottom for ours

Weren't the early machines shipped out with the posts in the top position? That folks were finding it too easy and they changed to moving it down for default?

4 weeks later
#5910 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

So if you do decals when they ask, wait is short but for butter figure another two month wait?

A month or two, they are done in batches so its a bit random when you get your in.

#6007 10 months ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I can't blame you for your confusion. I tried, but pics are always better so I'll illustrate how they ship the pin. The only pic I'm missing is one showing the pinball machine as it looks when you first open up the carton. They strap the pinball machine directly to the bottom of the pallet using two straps that directly touch the pin, inside the carton. (of course they protect the pin from the straps using shipping material.) The floor of the box isn't attached to the sides and top of the box. The bottom of the box is indeed attached to the pallet using four wood screws.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
And there we have it. I'm not a fan.

That looks pretty beat up frankly

#6119 10 months ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Anybody know if there are any locations in Florida with a Scooby?

Yea I'm in SoFlo and no Scooby's on location

2 weeks later
#6418 9 months ago

I had that with my Elvira, I would live the pf and basically just make sure all the plugs are in tight.

2 weeks later
#6680 8 months ago

In case you didn't see it, Eric Stone played Scooby:

1 week later
#6925 8 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Thank you all. I am in the same boat … #712 butter, paid but no ship date. Maybe they are doing a batch. We gotta be close.

Butters are done in batches outsourced, so it takes a good bit longer to get them.

#6964 8 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Think you’re looking for the “next Spooky” thread! Freddy might be a little “edgy” for the Scooby gang

freddyjpg-8ddf5d (resized).jpgfreddyjpg-8ddf5d (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7581 7 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Curious what this was all about. Anyone have the low down?

They were live streaming from Hollywood Horror Nights, not a game announcement or such

#7610 7 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Any idea what number CE they are up to? Thinking of pulling the trigger but i prefer to wait till the build is almost complete. My Halloween CE 955 plays flawlessly with no issues so ill stick with what works. Set up my buddies Scooby the other day and man what a really fun and engaging pin. Spookys build quality is second to none in my opinion.

If you want a CE you might want to put an order in with Spooky as they might be getting closer to the end soon on the CE production. They are reaching the 1000's and folks buying new slots right now are getting numbers in the 1200's, so it sounds like the CE production is going to be coming to an end in the near future.

Assume unclaimed slots if remaining in the run will go to whatever a person buys if they still have time, but wonder if that means waiting for them to finish the production of BSE and SE models after

1 week later
#7695 7 months ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Installed NinjaCamp mod. Very easy install pre-drill your holes. I didn’t have the problem, but this does give so much extra support.
[quoted image]

Wonder if this will work on Halloween? It seems to be the same auto plunge mech and I've been having issue with mine over time getting random weak plunges, I will adjust and it will be fix.... for a while and they it repeats.

#7734 7 months ago
Quoted from Evlclown:

Just got Scooby up on location and saw all of the servos are plastic. Does anyone have a good replacement that’s going to be metal, or at least a bit more resilient?

I thought they said there had switched to using metal ones after HWN and UM ?

#7771 6 months ago

The one thing with spooky games to me that seems to stand out is it always seems that their wireframes are really loud sounding. The flippers have always felt great and have a strong hit to them, but dunno why but their wireframe rails just always have a unique sound and aren't as smooth as other developers

#7785 6 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I’ve noticed that my Scooby definitely has a “metal on metal” sound to the flippers and trough eject that my Godzilla (or my past Williams machines) don’t.
I was going to check for loose coil stops/flipper parts or something, I’m not really sure what could cause it? Gotta add that the feel is great though, no issues there. Just noisy!

Halloween is also a bit louder in it's mechs. I think it's something to do with the design of Spooky's cabinets? You just hear more of the inner workings of the game than other companies. Was wondering if there is any sound dampening that can be done inside the cab cause like the flippers, the diverters, the ramps, rails, all just sound more on a spooky so there just is more sound coming out of that cab.

1 month later
#8242 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mines butter....thinking I missed a distro allotment just before they did an overseas batch or something.

Butter is random, as they do them in batches and it can take time, the buttering up process is done by a third party and not by Spooky themselves so they have to wait till they get a batch of cabinets back from the company doing the butter process. Depending on when you paid, your cabinet might have just missed a batch. I know butter for me added like a month and a half wait extra.

1 week later
#8380 5 months ago

Its interesting how everyone was complaining that the game was too easy when it came out. Now it's too hard

1 month later
#9065 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

No doubt its a great game! with lots of my 4 year old who cant stay away from it, so dont think it be on the chopping block anytime in the future. But head scratching when you see these new releases from the company that look pretty solid out of the gate, running same hardware and software of a game still in production. You would think the game in production/on its last few weeks of production with get priority. When you do not have your priorities in line and keep jumping from project to next project you end up with a driveway full of cars that "ran when parked".

The game will keep getting attention for a long time after, but it's production is coming to a close soon and they have big new launch to move onto. In manufacturing you need to keep your production lines moving, what a few are doing with like code and such is just a small part of the whole system, and any time the production line is not flowing in a factory, you are losing money. They simply can't put their whole thing on pause to work on one thing at a time. Thankfully the new games have their own teams and coders working on them, so scooby and halloween, UM, got their own guys as well who will continue to work on them.

Over a year since they stopped production on them, and they still are coding and supporting Halloween and Ultraman and continually improving those games still way beyond their production runs. Scooby is still being sold and they have slots available for it still to offer, they already talked about all to come, it will happen. Ultraman right now has a big update in the works too, so there is a whole lot going on at Spooky at the moment

It's also holiday period, Nov-Dec have lot of gaps in work created which slows things down all the while they are prepping their new product launches.

1 week later
#9221 4 months ago

Yea friend's bond edges look like bad car accident victim right now.

1 week later
#9336 3 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well this is pretty upsetting. I actually asked him if I could wait to pay because I had multiple games being delivered at roughly the same time and wanted to push it back like I've done for my other spooky games to stagger out new equipment.
His response
"Can't they will be ending production on Scooby soon - they only make them when they are in production. Once they are done with the BS editions in January they won't be making them again. You'd either have to take the game, sell your spot, or forfeit your deposit"
So he basically gave me the option to sell, forfeit or pay.

Yea I wouldn't trust that dealer for future purchases with that kind of attitude.

#9360 3 months ago

So there's that book case mech we saw teased

#9409 3 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

The original topper wasn't free. You paid for it by opting for the ce model. I currently own 4 spooky titles and enjoy them all. I purchased direct from spooky and have supported them to the tune of $40,000
This leaves a taste so bad. Am I getting the Xtra fucking modes on the ce I purchased for $10,600 fucking dollars? If not Fuck You Spooky! I'm speaking for myself only so you can all have your own opinions on this. but I'm gonna have mine also. Check my stats I cry and whine and downvote nothing! But this.....fu again spooky.
Spooky please please please please Explain to me how you're not fucking me over!

If they put in this topper with the original CE, the price would have had to be much higher. Actual mechs, better materials, and an LCD built in? This is completely optional buy in, and your raging?

You got a topper with your CE, others don't, you still got something for your money that others didn't.

#9416 3 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

OK, lets put this into a different light. Selling my Scooby Doo CE topper for $500. Anyone interested please PM me
Does that make a little more sense for the guys saying this is fine? I'm don't really care either way but trying to look on both side of the looking glass. People who bought the "top of the line" don't want to feel like they don't have the top of the line. Is this topper the top of the line. No clue, have not played with it yet.

That's kind of the weird thing. "top of the line" is such a nothing phrase when pretty much every product never is one and done. It's funny how many "top of the line cars" are not really that, cause of all the optional accessories you have available, package trims, and then limited versions released later.

Spooky put out a product, and advertised what you get for a price. You bought that product and got what they advertised. Them adding an optional accessory later does not change that you bought what was advertised.

#9431 3 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

So, last year they had a CE game that had everything in it.

Again that's the wrong assumption with all these topper discussions.

No the CE didn't promise EVERYTHING, it promised what was promised. You bought a product that came with X features, and you got that. This is an additional product that was never promised or included in the original sales agreement.

#9477 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I’m going to disagree with you here, game was advertised to have so much ie call outs, clips from 20 episodes or 2 seasons. It’s been a year and we still haven’t touched the tip of getting a 1/4 of this. I think that’s what everyone is over looking. You can’t put out an add on product for a game you havent finished the code on. I think if the code was 100% had all the videos, you’d get a few ruffled feathers.
You got a game with switches that do nothing, inserts that do nothing.
Also based on your comment I expect you to not up date the code when it comes out and.

It's like you just want to ignore all the content they have said is coming to the game just to rant about something and anything

#9573 3 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Will the video mode happen for those who don’t buy the topper?

No, you get the hurry up score points for advancing to it, but the mode is for the topper.

#9575 3 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Any new game features not related to the topper?

Coop mode added. The new green ghoul inserts/feature is added. Character perks got revamped. Character chosen also now automatically has their mode lit at VUK. That's whats been brought up so far

#9577 3 months ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is there new code, or just topper code?

The update contains both

#9579 3 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’m late to the party. When are they actually dropping the code ?

They said tomorrow prob

#9705 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

By that logic, the Captain, the Barrel, and the Van should all be missing or flat plastics too.
Fact of the matter is that “sculpts” by name were called out for 6 items (the 3 on the upper PF shots, the 2 mine carts, and Charlie), and those items are expected to be omitted from the SE BoM. Never, not once, is there any mention that the largest decorative item in the game will be missing from the SE.

The sculpts on the field are part of mechs, hence they remained. The sculpts removed are all the pure cosmetic ones.

I know early on they had stated that Cutler and the Van were gonna be in all versions, but nothing else was ever stated. If anything them keeping the barrel pop up is surprising, but they did say no sculpts.

#9736 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But in this case there IS a plastic in its place. This sounds like an after-the-fact decision, or something they were specifically vague about so they could make decisions after they learned how many orders they had. Either way, I think this is a complete BS move from Spooky and would love to hear their take on this.
Again, 6 things called "sculpts" were called out as CE exclusives, the castle wall w/ figure was NOT one of them but it's the largest custom item in the game.

You realize if that wall was not there, the ball would fall off the playfield? They didn't just swap out for a plastic, that's a ball guide to keep the ball up there and to cause it to drain to the left to feed the wireframe back to the flipper.

There previous SEs were completely sculpt free as well, so for this to even have the three that are in is surprising. But as has been said, they really should have full PF pics for their different models available ahead of time. The confusion here seems to be the feature matrix graphic was not clear

#9780 3 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

There are three wizard modes in Scooby, correct? Are they all programmed into the game yet? This title just keeps getting better with code refinement. Hopefully, all of the bugs get squashed soon. I’m two code revs behind and not experiencing lockups or ball tracking/locking issues since replacing the magnetized balls and turning down the MM VUK eject power.

They said the next main update will have a wizard mode

#9808 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Or collect it for hardly anything.... Like everything else in this game. I'm starting to think this game is a grind score wise.

It's a low scoring game, would adding a zero to end of every score make everything better? It's like No Fear where its common to get games in the billions after a short while just cause they give you insane points for everything.

Score is only relevant to the machine itself

#9984 3 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Unless I've missed it, we need an email notification system setup to receive notifications from Spooky when new code is released

They don't have folks emails unlike most folks with sterns which all connect up with their IC service, so they can send out mass emails.

#10115 3 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any of the wizard modes programmed in the game yet? Just noticed latest code is back up for download on Spooky site again.

Don't think so, they said the next update will have a wizard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 26.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.