(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 233.
#5001 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Can you imagine the torches and pitchforks if they weren’t? They have to be. That’s it.
All the bad components aside its total amateur hour on the assembly line. Pics over the past few days prove it.

100% crap QC . Amateur hour.

#5002 11 months ago
Quoted from Vecna:

And your field of expertise is...??? You seem to have such a strong opinion, certainly that indicates you're qualified in these matters?

#5003 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

THIS ^^^^^ sad ,but True

Except it's neither sad, or true... Some of you really want to run this into the ground...

#5004 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

And your field of expertise is...??? You seem to have such a strong opinion, certainly that indicates you're qualified in these matters?

Spooky can solve all the problems. It is all avoidable.

#5005 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Except it's neither sad, or true... Some of you really want to run this into the ground...

I’m a day 1 CE buyer. Paid in Full with my game shipping any day, so I have no desire to run the game into the ground, but what I’m seeing is very concerning.

The number of games with multiple issues minor or not is probably the most any single title has ever had.

#5006 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m a day 1 CE buyer. Paid in Full with my game shipping any day, so I have no desire to run the game into the ground, but what I’m seeing is very concerning.
The number of games with multiple issues minor or not is probably the most any single title has ever had.

So you've personally interviewed all owners who have received games, documented each owners issues, then used that data to draw the conclusion you've drawn? Awesome, can I see your source data (properly redacted of course)? Otherwise, you're just making shit up.

This is the problem with confirmation bias...

#5007 11 months ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Perfection is not attainable which is what you're demanding. It's unrealistic. Before anyone goes off on that, no I am not saying the issues are okay. All I'm trying to get through to some of you is you're overreacting and being unreasonable. That certainly doesn't absolve Spooky in any way, they can and should do better.

#5008 11 months ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received #345 today. Unboxed, setup, and fired it up and started a game and everything seems fine so far with no issues (at least none that I notice). I mostly wanted to share, because it’s so far, a positive experience.

IMG_6218 (resized).jpegIMG_6218 (resized).jpeg
#5009 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received #345 today. Unboxed, setup, and fired it up and started a game and everything seems fine so far with no issues (at least none that I notice). I mostly wanted to share, because it’s so far, a positive experience.
[quoted image]

Congratulations on that beautiful Foo Fighters LE!!
Awsome pin!

#5010 11 months ago

Out of over 350 Scooby's out in the wild...what's posted here on Pinside accounts for a very small percentage of the actual Scooby ownership experience (in either direction). I'm starting to cherish the 30+ years I got to enjoy pinball without the drama in these forums.

You wanna feed on hate? You'll find the posts to support it.

Problem with pin? Plenty of answers.

Wanna stay optimistic? Thats here too.

Flawless victory? Look no further.

I'm gonna take my own medicine and check out until I have my machine in hand...then I guess I'll have a leg to stand on as it relates the above options.

#5011 11 months ago

We got our hand plastics for the apron from spooky. Would anyone be willing to take a pic of theirs so I can see exactly where they should be installed.

#5012 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

[quoted image]

How close is the FFLE green to the SD green? I have a foo LE and a Scooby on order and if to close on color I might move one of them to another room.

#5013 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

So you've personally interviewed all owners who have received games, documented each owners issues, then used that data to draw the conclusion you've drawn? Awesome, can I see your source data (properly redacted of course)? Otherwise, you're just making shit up.
This is the problem with confirmation bias...

Name a game where you have seen close to as many out of the box issues?

#5014 11 months ago

Got my shipping email for CE #401. Shouldn't be long now...

Really hoping I get one that's at least *mostly* okay out of the box. I'm not great with pinball repairs yet. Luckily, I have friends nearby that are, but I'm hoping to not have to bother them too much

#5015 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Stern Elvira house of horrors easily surpasses

#5016 11 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Wow. Still or just the early ones ?

#5017 11 months ago

290 is still working fine.

#5018 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Second pic is the backbox key mech has basically 1mm or less of wood holding it together..

[quoted image]

I just looked at my machine , and you are misleading with this statement , on the line of trolling. You fail to mention OR show in your pic the actual thickness of the piece that the back box locks into. It’s closer to 3/4” not 1mm .Not cool .

ED31FD8F-4046-4C78-B73C-F88D56A28E69 (resized).jpegED31FD8F-4046-4C78-B73C-F88D56A28E69 (resized).jpeg
#5019 11 months ago

Pop on over to this thread and just glance at the last page or two never mind the entire thread:
Rush Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list

#5020 11 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

Pop on over to this thread and just glance at the last page or two never mind the entire thread:
Rush Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list

I’d agree on rush. I havent had node board issues but there were a TON of tweaks and adjustments I had to make for the game to register shots.

#5021 11 months ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Just curious what Scooby # are you waiting for?

#5022 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

As far as I can tell Spooky is the only one directly helping solve issues. Be thankful.

Not only that, but Spooky has managed to do what much more experienced folks have failed at... "Pop" (pun intended) over to the Deeproot thread (and a few others) for some context...

I have been in this kick ass hobby for over two decades now, and Spooky issues aren't any different than what you get anywhere else... The difference is, they are the only ones who engage here, which I think (unfortunately) adds fuel to the fire.

I feel horrible for folks that have issues, and if any are local that I can help, they've got it (regardless of manufacturer). Many here "grew up" buying busted ass B/W pins and learning to fix them--repairs are par for the course. Hell, it's half the fun of this hobby... that doesn't give them a pass for issues--BUT at least gives the issues some context.

Looking forward to #442!

#5023 11 months ago

My BM66LE came with the massive turntable wiring caught up underneath and sheared off. That was a fun replacement.

GBLE? Issues well documented.

IMDNLE was the biggest POS I’ve ever dealt with. Cheap. Everything broke, the Sarco lock multiple times.

TWDLE, ASLE, MunstersLE, STHLE, Beatles, GZLE, JPLE and others ZERO issues

EHOHLE, house diverter and trunk lock issues. Crypt board etc. great now

CGC games. Zero issues

JJP Wonka, GNR and WOZ. Very minimal

Spooky Halloween and Scooby CEs. ZERO issues

Bottom line, shit is going to happen and yes it can be aggravating as F!

The more pins I accumulated I had to get a guy to come help fix/install mods a few times a month.

After the IMDN debacle I was done. Took all the fun out of pinball. So I got some relief.

That’s option B, get help from someone in your area if it drives you crazy.

#5024 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I know right? My Stranger Things was perfect, requiring no tweaks whatsoever. No issues at all with my GNR playfield, and I didn't have to play "what's this part in the bottom of my cabinet?" at all! Never once have I had to replace my drone moters in my Dialed In, and never needed a node board that Stern didn't have in stock for any of my Spike games... From what I understand, GTF has had a flawless release, and I can't wait to get mine. My Rudy's Nightmare 2.0 kit worked magically out of the box too! I also don't get why people are still bitching about Rush...

What has, or hasn't happened with other manufacturers is totally irrelevant. Have you had issues with your game? Waiting for a game? Or just stirring crap?

#5025 11 months ago

I received #365 today. When I received it from R&L the box was in perfect condition. I unboxed the game and I agree with the other posters that it is visually beautiful. After getting the legs on and raising the backbox I started inspecting the game. I checked all the cable connections and solder joints in the backbox and under the playfield and in the cabinet and didn't see anything amiss. I am an electrical engineer by trade and examine circuit card assemblies daily. I checked for any shorts or other abnormalities and found nothing other than a few broken tie wraps in the bottom of the cabinet. By the way, a big thumbs up to the earlier poster that suggested the Pinball Life Side Art Guards, they are great!

Everything looked good. I proceeded to level the game and clean and install the balls. Then the moment of truth, I switched on the power. I immediately got a high pitched squeal from the speakers. After several minutes I saw random lights strobe, but nothing else, no Linux boot sequence or any other signs of life. I cycled power and then I got the Linux boot sequence along with the continued high pitch squeal that I hoped would go away once the boot process finished.

I did get the airfield splash screen and then loading screen with v2023.04.18.17 and then the service menu with Fred saying: "Something is haywire". I watched the box move down the service menu items until it stopped as shown in the picture and there it stays. The service menu buttons don't work and it just freezes.

I tried several more times with exactly the same result. I'll contact Spooky tomorrow, but I thought I would at least go out on a limb and see if anyone else has experienced this and has any suggestions.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed as this is truly a dream theme for me and I'm really hoping to get this up and running. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated truly!

John

IMG_4698 (resized).JPGIMG_4698 (resized).JPG
#5026 11 months ago

It's interesting. There are games with issues, of course. Big ones even. But a lot of the Scooby issues are raw QAQC issues. Soldering messes, out of box shorts, poor assembly? That's not the same as a faulty mech or a faulty board. That's someone with not enough training or not enough oversight.

When I was helping develop stronger QAQC and tracking in a metal fab shop, if we had ONE issue, we isolated immediately. We identified the problem and corrected it. We also designed and built a rigorous training and onboarding procedure. If someone didn't pass that pre-qualification process, they weren't put on a production line. Plain and simple.

Spooky needs to shift mentality from small manufacturing.

#5027 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

But a lot of the Scooby issues are raw QAQC issues. Soldering messes, out of box shorts, poor assembly? That's not the same as a faulty mech or a faulty board.

Ummm, no... An error is an error. Based on your manufacturing QA experience, you probably have some Six Sigma exposure which would reinforce that... I'll give you, it feels frustrating that Spooky issues "feel" more easily corrected, but saying one issue is more severe than any other isn't accurate when the net result is a consumer that can't enjoy the product. Why is sloppy soldering any different than a chronically failing node board or a disintegrating playfield?

#5028 11 months ago

Guy on fb in 300s was missing his number plaque so check you have yours.

#5029 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Ummm, no... An error is an error. Based on your manufacturing QA experience, you probably have some Six Sigma exposure which would reinforce that... I'll give you, it feels frustrating that Spooky issues "feel" more easily corrected, but saying one issue is more severe than any other isn't accurate when the net result is a consumer that can't enjoy the product. Why is sloppy soldering any different than a chronically failing node board or a disintegrating playfield?

It's very easy to fix a process.

Once you get into supply related issues, it becomes a bit more complex. I don't know their testing procedures for boards, so it could be a faulty test procedure. Or a faculty training procedure to perform required tests. I don't know.

My experience is with large metal plate structures with a number of subassemblies and assemblies. I'm not pretending to understand the full scope of Spooky's manufacturing process, but I just imagine the scope of the issue is a bit different.

#5030 11 months ago
Quoted from n4297m:

I received #365 today. When I received it from R&L the box was in perfect condition. I unboxed the game and I agree with the other posters that it is visually beautiful. After getting the legs on and raising the backbox I started inspecting the game. I checked all the cable connections and solder joints in the backbox and under the playfield and in the cabinet and didn't see anything amiss. I am an electrical engineer by trade and examine circuit card assemblies daily. I checked for any shorts or other abnormalities and found nothing other than a few broken tie wraps in the bottom of the cabinet. By the way, a big thumbs up to the earlier poster that suggested the Pinball Life Side Art Guards, they are great!
Everything looked good. I proceeded to level the game and clean and install the balls. Then the moment of truth, I switched on the power. I immediately got a high pitched squeal from the speakers. After several minutes I saw random lights strobe, but nothing else, no Linux boot sequence or any other signs of life. I cycled power and then I got the Linux boot sequence along with the continued high pitch squeal that I hoped would go away once the boot process finished.
I did get the airfield splash screen and then loading screen with v2023.04.18.17 and then the service menu with Fred saying: "Something is haywire". I watched the box move down the service menu items until it stopped as shown in the picture and there it stays. The service menu buttons don't work and it just freezes.
I tried several more times with exactly the same result. I'll contact Spooky tomorrow, but I thought I would at least go out on a limb and see if anyone else has experienced this and has any suggestions.
I have to admit I was a little disappointed as this is truly a dream theme for me and I'm really hoping to get this up and running. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated truly!
John
[quoted image]

I have no idea if it's related, but just a page ago or so, someone posted a pic of wires pinched behind the service buttons. May be worth a look

#5031 11 months ago
IMG_4248 (resized).jpegIMG_4248 (resized).jpeg
#5032 11 months ago

Came here to say the same thing

Quoted from Sethman:

Even the new ones, I’ve got one on location and I’m frequently adjusting optos and mechs…amazing game…prob not a prob at home but I think I’m all set with it on location

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Wow. Still or just the early ones ?

#5033 11 months ago

I just wanted to quickly give credit where credit is due. Bug and others on the forum reached out to me this evening to try and help. I'll work with tech support tomorrow and get off the forum, but I just wanted to acknowledge how impressed I was with Bug and also to thank the community for trying to help. Much appreciated. I'm sure we'll get this sorted out soon enough.

To put things in perspective, two weeks ago we got our car back from a dealership where it was getting a repair (spun connecting rod bearing at 70,000 and this is my wife's car and she drives very conservatively trust me). The steering didn't feel right and so we took it in today to be checked. When the mechanic completed the earlier work they failed to tighten down the steering pinch bolt and it was working its way loose. If that had come out, we would have lost all steering in the car which could have been fatal. Earlier in my life, a mechanic had finished an annual inspection on an airplane and I was flying the airplane back to its home base. The mechanic failed to safety wire the oil quick drain plug and the engine dumped all of its oil in flight and the engine seized. I will tell you that will wake you up in a hurry!

Morale of the story, if it takes a little while to get the machine up and running properly, I'm good with that. Fortunately, this is just a cool toy and isn't going to kill me. Again, thank you again to Bug and all I appreciate the support!!!!!

#5034 11 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

We got our hand plastics for the apron from spooky. Would anyone be willing to take a pic of theirs so I can see exactly where they should be installed.

Plenty of pictures on here.

#5035 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have no idea if it's related, but just a page ago or so, someone posted a pic of wires pinched behind the service buttons. May be worth a look

Man, been awhile since you posted, I was about to send the cops to do a well being check

#5036 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I know right? My Stranger Things was perfect, requiring no tweaks whatsoever. No issues at all with my GNR playfield, and I didn't have to play "what's this part in the bottom of my cabinet?" at all! Never once have I had to replace my drone moters in my Dialed In, and never needed a node board that Stern didn't have in stock for any of my Spike games... From what I understand, GTF has had a flawless release, and I can't wait to get mine. My Rudy's Nightmare 2.0 kit worked magically out of the box too! I also don't get why people are still bitching about Rush...
What has, or hasn't happened with other manufacturers is totally irrelevant. Have you had issues with your game? Waiting for a game? Or just stirring crap?

You lost all credibility saying GTF had a flawless release. Wow.

#5037 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Perfection is not attainable which is what you're demanding. It's unrealistic. Before anyone goes off on that, no I am not saying the issues are okay. All I'm trying to get through to some of you is you're overreacting and being unreasonable. That certainly doesn't absolve Spooky in any way, they can and should do better.

Kinda like if your wife is not Christie Brinkley WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING.

#5038 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I also don't get why people are still bitching about Rush...

maybe it's just us cranky Canadians growing up in the 80's every third song on the radio was Rush and we are just Geddy Lee'd out .

#5039 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You lost all credibility saying GTF had a flawless release. Wow

I thought it was obvious given I was replying to a post asking if any new release had more issues (and my last paragraph)... But apparently I was wrong... Everything I said was tongue in cheek... I have had all of the issues I described. All of the games I mentioned (though I love them all dearly) have had disastrous launches and many problems out of the box.

Edit: Unless you are also being a smart ass, in which case I've had enough bourbon and you have my apologies, and I need to go to bed.

#5040 11 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Man, been awhile since you posted, I was about to send the cops to do a well being check

Too busy playing Scooby! I finally knocked out a 40 million plus score! I went through all the villain modes and unmasked all but one (maybe two?). Unfortunately, they just reset due to the code not being developed yet, and I lost steam. Great game that will get much better with code updates!

#5041 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Too busy playing Scooby! I finally knocked out a 40 million plus score! I went through all the villain modes and unmasked all but one (maybe two?). Unfortunately, they just reset due to the code not being developed yet, and I lost steam. Great game that will get much better with code updates!

I think my highest was around 60mil, a friend came over and put up 90mil

#5042 11 months ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Well it’s apparent to the rest of us that you think you can solve all the problems by constantly coming in here and bitching about everything.

#5043 11 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Well it’s apparent to the rest of us that you think you can solve all the problems by constantly coming in here and bitching about everything.

False.
I believe we all want the best games possible .

“a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything,”

#5044 11 months ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Morale of the story, if it takes a little while to get the machine up and running properly, I'm good with that. Fortunately, this is just a cool toy and isn't going to kill me. Again, thank you again to Bug and all I appreciate the support!!!!!

Nobody is dunking on Spooky being great customer support or great help. We're dunking on their VERY questionable QA/QC process.

#5045 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Nobody is dunking on Spooky being great customer support or great help. We're dunking on their VERY questionable QA/QC process.

Scooby support is top tier no doubt. But yea have to question the quality control when some of this stuff is being shipped in this condition.

#5046 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Guy on fb in 300s was missing his number plaque so check you have yours.

Was it one of those show games that didn't have a plaque on them or NIB?

#5047 11 months ago

Anyone know it’ll the topper will be interactive with the game at some point

#5048 11 months ago

I meant if the topper will be …

#5049 11 months ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Anyone know it’ll the topper will be interactive with the game at some point

Yes, I believe that is why they came out with a new light kit that runs the topper, speaker, flipper/action buttons.

#5050 11 months ago

Oh good so all the new ones coming out now should have that already on them now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 23.95
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.