(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 234.
#3951 1 year ago

Light on topper and the action button went out… anyone know where they are plugged in or where the pic board is ?

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Light on topper and the action button went out… anyone know where they are plugged in or where the pic board is ?

Mine went out after the update. I held the white button on the board in the back box that others had recommended as working for them. Board is to the left of the PC. I turned off the machine and held the white button while I turned it back on and held it down until I heard Fred's voice meaning it had booted

#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I did what Svenop suggested and my lights been cool since.

I just had my best game yet. Almost broke 4M.

20230418_203847 (resized).jpg20230418_203847 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230418-203815_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230418-203815_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I just had my best game yet. Almost broke 4M.

I suck, I'm hitting 600k. The left outlanes get most of my balls

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hmm not me who was your shipper ?

RL Shipping

#3957 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

The left outlanes get most of my balls

I'm thinking about moving or adding a post too.

#3958 1 year ago

Thanks for the info on the Pinstadiums. I'll hold off until my game eventually shows up before deciding.

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

It looks really difficult to move due to a board underneath. I'd like to hear if anyone has bright ideas on how to do this without too much work.

#3960 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

It looks really difficult to move due to a board underneath. I'd like to hear if anyone has bright ideas on how to do this without too much work.

I've seen some folks use Star Posts at outlanes on other games. Would that work here?

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

It looks really difficult to move due to a board underneath. I'd like to hear if anyone has bright ideas on how to do this without too much work

Agreed, I popped up the PF over the weekend to move those posts and saw those middle outlane posts are long and act as standoffs for the PCBs.

So, I'm thinking I'll take two more identical posts and put them in the empty hole. That way I can avoid messing with the PCBs and I can just use t'nuts (or whatever the flat nuts usually used on these posts are called). I'll report how it works out.

#3962 1 year ago

139 was delivered today.

Looks great!

My topper back plastic was slightly bent .

Unfortunately on boot there are a number of errors and the game locks up randomly in play and was unable to finish a game.

Time to start troubleshooting !

FE12D76E-905B-49D5-BBC7-379982E0738A (resized).jpegFE12D76E-905B-49D5-BBC7-379982E0738A (resized).jpeg
#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

I am considering leaving the left outlane post where it is and adding a #8 T-nut to the underside of the playfield in the hole further up so that a #8 bolt of the appropriate length could be easily screwed in and out from above when small kids are playing to tighten up the outlane. A washer, nuts and a rubber ring can be added to the bolt to create a pseudo-post and have the correct depth of thread within the T-nut so it does not hit the circuit board below. I know this is not as secure as a lock nut below the playfield but it should not take too much beating.

The left side circuit board looks like it might slide off after taking out the 4 or 5 screws.
The circuit board on the right looks more tricky as the post is screwed into it from above the playfield.

#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I suck, I'm hitting 600k. The left outlanes get most of my balls

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Quoted from taz:

I moved my posts up and I’m loving how it plays. The left outlanes were annoying the hell out of me before so it was totally worth a bit of extra effort.

I was putting off moving the post because it looked like a pain and trying to do it with the light boards in the way was a waste of time. However, removing the boards was super easy w/ just 2-3 skews each. After those are out of the way, it was simple to move the posts up.

#3965 1 year ago

Before modifying your playfield, double check that it is level. I have never, not even once, had what I thought of as a cheap or unfair drain to the left outlane from the drops. In fact I have always been impressed how perfectly it feeds the inlane from that area. Obviously your mileage may vary from tolerances, but I’m really surprised to hear this is an issue for some. I have even thought about opening up my inlanes since it actually seems hard to drain sometimes. I bet 90% or more of my drains are from the center, even with the drop target save.

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Before modifying your playfield, double check that it is level. I have never, not even once, had what I thought of as a cheap or unfair drain to the left outlane from the drops. In fact I have always been impressed how perfectly it feeds the inlane from that area. Obviously your mileage may vary from tolerances, but I’m really surprised to hear this is an issue for some. I have even thought about opening up my inlanes since it actually seems hard to drain sometimes. I bet 90% or more of my drains are from the center, even with the drop target save.

100% agree this is the place to start. Unfortunately, checking/adjusting didn’t do the trick for me. More often than not, balls would hit the back top corner of the bumper and bounce right over to the outlane. Moving the post up resolved this for me. Installing less bouncy rubbers might have also helped but I’m happy with it now.

#3967 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I moved my posts up and I’m loving how it plays. The left outlanes were annoying the hell out of me before so it was totally worth a bit of extra effort.
I was putting off moving the post because it looked like a pain and trying to do it with the light boards in the way was a waste of time. However, removing the boards was super easy w/ just 2-3 skews each. After those are out of the way, it was simple to move the posts up.

I wish there was an in between hole in the left side....I move it up and now the ball almost never gets through. Going to try to remove the rubber ring on the post.

#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I wish there was an in between hole in the left side....I move it up and now the ball almost never gets through. Going to try to remove the rubber ring on the post.

I agree. I would probably go half way too. I like the ability to dial it in just right on Rick & Morty. I think I’ll mess with the rubbers at some point and maybe even look at adjusting behind the drop targets to see about having the ball feed down from there in a way that doesn’t have it bounce right into the outlane. For now, I’ll take playing with the post in little kid position over pissing me off position.

#3969 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I agree. I would probably go half way too. I like the ability to dial it in just right on Rick & Morty. I think I’ll mess with the rubbers at some point and maybe even look at adjusting behind the drop targets to see about having the ball feed down from there in a way that doesn’t have it bounce right into the outlane. For now, I’ll take playing with the post in little kid position over pissing me off position.

Haha. Yes. I just wasn't able to control it with a nudge at all. I like the ball save when lighting both outlanes but it just wasn't enough!

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

139 was delivered today.
Looks great!
My topper back plastic was slightly bent .
Unfortunately on boot there are a number of errors and the game locks up randomly in play and was unable to finish a game.
Time to start troubleshooting ![quoted image]

Luckily, you have two of the best games ever next to it to play.

#3971 1 year ago

Supposedly mine will ship today, not sure why others went without it but I shall be patient haha . Probably get it monday.

#3972 1 year ago

Has anyone tried putting the UV starposts and star post lights on Spooky games? Are the GIs on Scooby 6.5v?

#3973 1 year ago

Just got the call, #241 out for delivery!!

#3974 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Just got the call, #241 out for delivery!!

Congrats! More Washington Scoobs...please let us know how everything goes!

#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Has anyone tried putting the UV starposts and star post lights on Spooky games? Are the GIs on Scooby 6.5v?

Everything in the game is controlled lighting on their custom boards, there is no stand alone GI that you can tap into.

#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Does anyone have a close up picture of the outlane post and the holes? I have not see what the spacing looks like in any picutres.

#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Does anyone have a close up picture of the outlane post and the holes? I have not see what the spacing looks like in any picutres.

AC3E6DCD-F429-4399-A2FF-B950B21D4AC1 (resized).jpegAC3E6DCD-F429-4399-A2FF-B950B21D4AC1 (resized).jpeg
#3978 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Everything in the game is controlled lighting on their custom boards, there is no stand alone GI that you can tap into.

Good to know! First Spooky for me.

#3979 1 year ago

Curious if anyone has received their Back Alley apron mods yet? I 'm sure they're really busy, just curious if they've started to go out yet?

#3980 1 year ago

For a "medium" adjustment, you may be able to put a star post in the lower hole position. That might hit the sweet spot. Maybe....

#3981 1 year ago

Thank you.

#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

For a "medium" adjustment, you may be able to put a star post in the lower hole position. That might hit the sweet spot. Maybe....

Yup. I believe this is what I've seen people doing with other games.

#3983 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Something like this?

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

Screenshot_20230419_114500_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230419_114500_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3984 1 year ago

That seems overly generous in protection geez. I can see why some folks thought the early models were waaaay to easy

#3985 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

That seems overly generous in protection geez. I can see why some folks thought the early models were waaaay to easy

That's up from the lower stock position. Id be surprisded if operators were removing them and moving them up to that position

#3986 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's pretty easy playing in general. Mostly safe shots that aren't hard to find and without too many dangerous targets (ie no big bash toy). And if you're missing shots, the SD standups bring up the ball save drop. The need some code options to disable the drop save, or have it auto drop after so many seconds. You can stay on the upper playfield for a long time once you get used to how floaty it is. (Some may want to pull the upper PF center post, or at least take off the rubber)

The game tries to make it up by making the modes more elaborate/complex. But the ball times are pretty long overall.

Maybe now that there are reasons to shoot the drops, that may help speed up ball times.

#3987 1 year ago

Owning Rick & Morty has my brain reaching for the Anti Gravity button on all pins when the ball gets near an outlane.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

That's up from the lower stock position. Id be surprisded if operators were removing them and moving them up to that position

The one I just saw unboxed, the posts were installed in the high spot. Maybe it's inconsistent from the factory.

As an aside I looked at the TWIP article for Scooby Doo and noticed their prototype didn't seem to have any adjustments. So I'm glad they tweaked that. (Halloween/Ultraman also didn't have them)

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Owning Rick & Morty has my brain reaching for the Anti Gravity button on all pins when the ball gets near an outlane

Lol, I am constantly reaching for that mag save button. But, Scooby-Doo seems to have a lot less right-side drains.

#3990 1 year ago

Yes, that. I don't have my machine yet, so I haven't tested anything, but it may be a solution.

#3991 1 year ago

#268 reporting in and I am very happy to announce the game was 100 % except some minor adjustments with levels of drop targets! And games after 268 will have new code installed!

7DC878F5-38B5-4148-B8AB-A9CFB2C429CE (resized).jpeg7DC878F5-38B5-4148-B8AB-A9CFB2C429CE (resized).jpeg
#3992 1 year ago

In case anyone missed it - there was a bit of a silent Scooby update yesterday of bug fixes.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#3993 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Unboxed #211 today. Updated to the new code right off the bat. No issues yet after about 15 games. I swapped in the new IPS screen....I think its a big improvement over stock. I definitely recommend it. I had to crank the volume on the amp as it wasn't loud enough....added a bit more bass as well. The new code is such a great improvement..really like the apron locks and the multiball. What a great game.....

Just curious do you have pics of the new display installed?

And where does one get this upgraded display?

#3994 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And where does one get this upgraded display?

We rolled our own IPS monitor solution to keep the cost down, but this is at least one option: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1202-pinball-mod-co/05321-upgraded-ips-lcd-for-spooky-pinball-machines

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Thanks for the info on the Pinstadiums. I'll hold off until my game eventually shows up before deciding.

I posted a video with them on my Scooby.

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

We rolled our own IPS monitor solution to keep the cost down, but this is at least one option: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1202-pinball-mod-co/05321-upgraded-ips-lcd-for-spooky-pinball-machines

what a rip off, 295 for a monitor and 105. for a cheese bracket!?!!?

#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I believe BallyKISS1978 is the only one who has put PS on his game that I know of at this point. If others have they aren't posted.
You should be able to check the pics attached to this thread to see the difference.
I use PS on my MBR and it makes a HUGE difference but I only run them at about 30% (maybe less) all white and on all the time. I do have the UV flasher connected to the frank flashers which is perfect but otherwise I don't like the flashers tbh.
I think on Scooby some additional lighting would really help as long as its not overdone. The majority of the time we play in a room w/o overhead lights on and even if the lights are on its fairly dim.
Here is his pic I believe he is running his at 100% though which I feel (personal opinion only) is too much[quoted image]

It looks brighter in the picture. I am running at around 90%. In person it looks really good in my opinion. A lot of beautiful artwork there in the playfield. But I get that for some it’s too bright. But the family and I like it. Definitely a huge improvement. Got it for my GZ pro, will do my BM66 next.

#3998 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I still had the "loud" humm from the uppers and a very very slight humm from the lowers after the new code. I was able to verify the upper were making the noise by "Stage Flipping" and dropping the uppers while the lowers were still held up.

So looks like code update didn’t fix it. I tried turning the flipper power down but humm still there. It’s not as loud but still there. Even with the sound turned up my family and I can still hear it. And insight Spooky??

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

In case anyone missed it - there was a bit of a silent Scooby update yesterday of bug fixes.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

I didn't notice this till you posted, so thanks! I did install the update on my game and it went even more smoothly than the previous update. I plugged in the USB with just the new update on it, powered up the game and was easily able to start the update in the menu. This time when it finished I got a message on the screen "Update Finished, Remove USB and Restart the Game". Last time, I don't remember that "remove the USB" part, and forgot to do that, so it didn't boot right the first boot after the last update. I also had issues with my topper, etc. lights that did NOT happen with this update.

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Is it just a standard HDMI connection so basically any display you can make fit in there will work as long as it has an HDMI port and can be plugged into the cabinet via its own power supply?

I only ask because I picked up a gorgeous 15.6" IPS QHD LCD for my VPIN about a year ago from Uperfect and really looks good in there.

Not saying I am replacing the screen as we didn't really notice any issues with the unit we played but not against making a change if need be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 79.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,200 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.