(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,814 posts
  • 637 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240515_214253 (resized).jpg
20240515_214856 (resized).jpg
20240515_214913 (resized).jpg
IMG_5060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5061 (resized).jpeg
20240513_132756 (resized).jpg
IMG_3665 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4870 (resized).jpeg
SD Mods (resized).jpg
SD Arrival (resized).jpg
IMG_8906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8914 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 237.
#7851 7 months ago

Finally got some time to actually play my machine since I was out of town for work for two months. A few items I noticed after a few games.

Is anyone else having problems with the scooby snack targets getting stuck? It seems like only my front row lower and back row upper are the only ones that drop with any consistency.

Also seems like my shaker is barely working,with very light vibration when the timer is about to run out. My Halloween practically shakes the glass loose.

#7852 7 months ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Finally got some time to actually play my machine since I was out of town for work for two months. A few items I noticed after a few games.
Is anyone else having problems with the scooby snack targets getting stuck? It seems like only my front row lower and back row upper are the only ones that drop with any consistency.
Also seems like my shaker is barely working,with very light vibration when the timer is about to run out. My Halloween practically shakes the glass loose.

Snack targets - Take off the glass and pull your playfield into service position on the rails. You may want to take the balls out.

Drop the targets with your finger and reset using the plate on the bottom. See if anything is interfering with them dropping and resetting properly.

Shaker - Put the game into coil test, and test the shaker. You can adjust the shaker strength in coil settings, default is I think 50%

You can also select how often the shaker shakes; shake on spinners yes/no; shake on Cutler yes/no, etc

RM

#7853 7 months ago

Has anyone else had issues with the opto's??

My right loop opto showed open on Saturday, blew the machine apart (why not mount them from the bottom????) and re-soldered the led on the emitter, worked until today. Now that same opto set and the airfield opto are showing stuck open?

I haven't contacted Spooky yet (noticed today after 5..) but any other fixes, getting to the bottom optos is not a fun thing to do.

#7854 7 months ago

Officially a Scooby owner now, just paid the invoice for CE#1179 thru Spooky. Scooby Dooby Doo!!!!!!!

#7855 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Snack targets - Take off the glass and pull your playfield into service position on the rails. You may want to take the balls out.
Drop the targets with your finger and reset using the plate on the bottom. See if anything is interfering with them dropping and resetting properly.
Shaker - Put the game into coil test, and test the shaker. You can adjust the shaker strength in coil settings, default is I think 50%
You can also select how often the shaker shakes; shake on spinners yes/no; shake on Cutler yes/no, etc
RM

I had already tried both of your suggestions. I "exercised" the drops some more and that seems to have done the trick. While I had the playfield up, I looked at the shaker and noticed the amp wires stuck under the cover. Took the cover off, moved the wires, and straightened the cover. Now all is good!

#7856 7 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

The search function on the this specific thread is your best friend with these types of questions. Not judging. Just friendly advice to avoid unfriendly answers....and now friendly answers!

Plot twist....just realized I can't keep the topper on, basement height is 86". Son of a!!!! Just ordered Ultraman too, will be the same problem. Ugh. Maybe they'll be going upstairs....what a bummer.

#7857 7 months ago

Hi guys
Looking to design a playfield protector before receiving my machine; is someone having a full playfield scan ?
Thanks

#7858 7 months ago

Plot twist....just realized I can't keep the topper on, basement height is 86". Son of a!!!! Just ordered Ultraman too, will be the same problem. Ugh. Maybe they'll be going upstairs....what a bummer.

I had the same issue and was able to just take the back castle layer off the topper. It still looks great!

#7859 7 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I had the same issue and was able to just take the back castle layer off the topper. It still looks great!

Noted! Thank you

#7860 7 months ago

So I am still waiting on the shipping company to come and pick up my damaged Scooby Doo Pin. The machine was delivered on Sept 19th and the shipping company was immediately notified of the damage. Been told that they are still reviewing the claim. Anyone else gone through this and know what the timeline is?

#7861 7 months ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So I am still waiting on the shipping company to come and pick up my damaged Scooby Doo Pin. The machine was delivered on Sept 19th and the shipping company was immediately notified of the damage. Been told that they are still reviewing the claim. Anyone else gone through this and know what the timeline is?

If you signed off on it and accepted it when it was dropped off you could be looking at a really long wait. The company will use every tactic in the book to delay, obfuscate and deny all responsibility.

#7862 7 months ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Are you dealing directly with the pinball distributor you bought the game from? Because they are the ones who should be handling this.

RM

#7863 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Are you dealing directly with the pinball distributor you bought the game from? Because they are the ones who should be handling this.
RM

Yeah Joe from PinballStar has been handling this so far. He says they have a review process they have to go through before any decision can be made. From what I've seen so far, it can take a couple of months. I was just curious if anyone here had any experience in having gone through this.

#7864 7 months ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Yeah Joe from PinballStar has been handling this so far. He says they have a review process they have to go through before any decision can be made. From what I've seen so far, it can take a couple of months. I was just curious if anyone here had any experience in having gone through this.

Very frustrating, I'm sorry.

Keep us informed how it goes.

RM

#7865 7 months ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Dude (Joe) should send you a new game and deal with this on his own. No reason a customer should have to wait months after spending 10K on a game for something entirely outside their control.

#7866 7 months ago

Just be careful,i remember when these were blowing node boards on spike games but that is a difficult animal!

Quoted from metallik:

Dude (Joe) should send you a new game and deal with this on his own. No reason a customer should have to wait months after spending 10K on a game for something entirely outside their control.

That exactly! Sorry for your trouble.

#7867 7 months ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I will say Joe is the man and he is likely helping all he can, he's always been top notch on any issues I've had in working with the manufacturers or shipping company, etc.! I dealt with a damaged Scooby on shipment but I refused the shipment and it was sent back to Spooky immediately. So sounds like your situation is different. It took a good 30-45 days before I got a Scooby back but this was early in their production when things were going a little slower.
On a previous claim I did once with shipping I sent them the information for the damage and I want to say it took like 3-4 weeks until I received the "award" for compensation on the damage claim I made. So doesn't sound out of the ordinary. It's frustrating for sure.

#7868 7 months ago

I had to get creative with mine, removed the back 2 layers. I have a floor joist running through the middle of my Ultraman, not ideal but it works. At one point I had the topper off of both games. Easy to remove just have to customize a couple zip ties in the head box and thread the wires out the top.

IMG_20231011_153835834 (resized).jpgIMG_20231011_153835834 (resized).jpgIMG_20231011_153842676 (resized).jpgIMG_20231011_153842676 (resized).jpg
#7869 7 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I will say Joe is the man and he is likely helping all he can, he's always been top motch on any issues I've had in workign with the manufacturers or shipping company, etc.! I dealt with a damaged Scooby on shipment but I refused the shipment and it was sent back to Spooky immediately. So sounds like your situation is different. It took a good 30-45 days before I got a Scooby back but this was early in their production when things were going a little slower.
On a previous claim I did once with shipping I sent them the information for the damage and I want to say it took like 3-4 weeks until I received the "award" for compensation on the damage claim I made. So doesn't sound out of the ordinary. It's frustrating for sure.

Yeah Joe has been really great in helping me get through all this. The sad truth is that I did sign for it so now its just a frusterating waiting game right now to get it resolved.

#7870 7 months ago

I thought I was an average player. EHoH and now Scooby have shown me that I'm not. It looks like the deeper the game code, the more I'll never get to see. I set the five high scores with the five different characters, and now always play as whichever one is in the last spot (in order to keep all five characters on the list). My last game as Scooby wasn't enough to make the high scores list.
high scores (resized).jpghigh scores (resized).jpg
last score (resized).jpglast score (resized).jpg

#7871 7 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I thought I was an average player. EHoH and now Scooby have shown me that I'm not. It looks like the deeper the game code, the more I'll never get to see. I set the five high scores with the five different characters, and now always play as whichever one is in the last spot (in order to keep all five characters on the list). My last game as Scooby wasn't enough to make the high scores list.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's my concern with the game. Maybe I'll just cheat and wall off the right/left drains to try to experience the game more, ha! Will find out in a few weeks when it arrives! I feel like this will end up making me realize I need to stick with 70s-90s games.

#7872 7 months ago
Quoted from gilbi:

Hi guys
Looking to design a playfield protector before receiving my machine; is someone having a full playfield scan ?
Thanks

What’s involved in having a “full playfield scan”?

#7873 7 months ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Scanning the full playfield.

#7874 7 months ago

Shouldn't we be just about due for another code update???? Pretty please???

#7875 7 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Shouldn't we be just about due for another code update???? Pretty please???

Nothing finalized, but we tested some of the new gameplay features yesterday. We're pretty much always making daily progress.

#7876 7 months ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Was there obvious damage to the box when you received it? What damage does it have?

#7877 7 months ago

Emailed received, #1102 ready for pickup. Guess I’ll go Monday morning since they are closed the next 3 days

#7878 7 months ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

I suspect some spare playfields has been sold (or gift) as they were having scratches; could by nice to have a full scan of the playfield, as a JPG/PNG or other numeric picture format

#7879 7 months ago

For those who are keeping track of such things: my SD CE (NON-butter) #1063, was just delivered to my home in Indiana (purchased from Joe, at PinballStar).

I suppose that it seems only fitting that my first SPOOKY Pinball machine should be delivered to me on Friday 13th.

I have a ton of mods to add to this thing but won't be able to get around to setting it up and trying everything out until next week.

Full balance was paid back in the middle of August, so it took 7 - 8 weeks from the time that I paid the remaining balance until I received my pin. I hope that helps some folks who are not far behind me, waiting in line for their pin, in terms of expectations.

#7880 7 months ago

Well, got my Scooby and frankly idk what the hell is going on. The game will just randomly end in the middle of a ball. I’ve updated the firmware and done switch tests. I don’t even know where to begin with this beast. Could anyone give me an idea to investigate?

#7881 7 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Well, got my Scooby and frankly idk what the hell is going on. The game will just randomly end in the middle of a ball. I’ve updated the firmware and done switch tests. I don’t even know where to begin with this beast. Could anyone give me an idea to investigate?

Mine was doing the same thing. I just got it 2 weeks ago. I sent them data logs and a day later they sent me another pc communication board (I think that's what it's called) unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get to replace it yet ..but my games dropping in the middle of a game are random. Does yours do it all the time? Do you have any open switches other than the trough switches?

#7882 7 months ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

For those who are keeping track of such things: my SD CE (NON-butter) #1063, was just delivered to my home in Indiana (purchased from Joe, at PinballStar).
I suppose that it seems only fitting that my first SPOOKY Pinball machine should be delivered to me on Friday 13th.
I have a ton of mods to add to this thing but won't be able to get around to setting it up and trying everything out until next week.
Full balance was pain back in the middle of August, so it took 7 - 8 weeks from the time that I paid the remaining balance until I received my pin. I hope that helps folks who are not far behind me, waiting in line for their pin, in terms of expectations.

There’s a tracker sheet where you can fill in your information. That’s where people look to keep track. I full paid Oct 3rd and mine was done yesterday. I’m picking it up Monday. So that’s only 10 days after I paid that it was done. Estimator said it would be done the 18th, so it was a little early too.

#7883 7 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Definitely give Spooky a call on Monday, great support. They will get you squared away asap.

#7884 7 months ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Mine was doing the same thing. I just got it 2 weeks ago. I sent them data logs and a day later they sent me another pc communication board (I think that's what it's called) unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get to replace it yet ..but my games dropping in the middle of a game are random. Does yours do it all the time? Do you have any open switches other than the trough switches?

I can’t narrow it to anything consistent. I am currently messing with ball trough switches in the hopes that it is something like this. Ty for the info, I’ll get in touch with them.

#7885 7 months ago

I’m guessing the left sling is supposed to have washers under it? Mine is literally stuck on the plastic. I added a few fiber washers and it works fine now. I just wanted to confirm what Spooky was thinking with that design?

#7886 7 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

There’s a tracker sheet where you can fill in your information. That’s where people look to keep track. I full paid Oct 3rd and mine was done yesterday. I’m picking it up Monday. So that’s only 10 days after I paid that it was done. Estimator said it would be done the 18th, so it was a little early too.

Thanks @Kolk1! I updated the tracker. My predicted date for receiving my SD CE was 10/10/23 (actual date was 10/13/23), so not too far off.

Congrats on your SD, as well!

#7887 7 months ago

Have had our Scooby about a week and a half now. (1045) Beautiful machine and very fun.

A few, potentially silly questions…. Obviously, no manual so I thought I’d ask here.

1. Is there a way to turn the brightness up on the topper? Mine is very dim.
2. My playfield is at 6.75 degrees and dead level in both front and back using a 10” digital level. When the ball exits the upper playfield, between the flippers, it rolls VERY slowly to the wireform. Are others experiencing this?

I can always raise the right side a bit but wondering how difficult it would be to raise or shim up the upper playfield a bit. I have not really even looked into this yet.

Other than that…absolutely no issues at all. Just the normal dialing in.

Thanks for any comments or advice.

Happy flipping.

#7888 7 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Have had our Scooby about a week and a half now. (1045) Beautiful machine and very fun.
A few, potentially silly questions…. Obviously, no manual so I thought I’d ask here.
1. Is there a way to turn the brightness up on the topper? Mine is very dim.
2. My playfield is at 6.75 degrees and dead level in both front and back using a 10” digital level. When the ball exits the upper playfield, between the flippers, it rolls VERY slowly to the wireform. Are others experiencing this?
I can always raise the right side a bit but wondering how difficult it would be to raise or shim up the upper playfield a bit. I have not really even looked into this yet.
Other than that…absolutely no issues at all. Just the normal dialing in.
Thanks for any comments or advice.
Happy flipping.

Scooby seems to perform best at a higher pitch, say 7.0-7.2

It really comes to life.

RM

#7889 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Scooby seems to perform best at a higher pitch, say 7.0-7.2
It really comes to life.
RM

Thanks, I will raise it up a bit and see how it goes! Appreciate the advice.

#7890 7 months ago

Since I raised Scooby from 6.5 to the recommended 7.0, the right orbit has been...a struggle. Solid, accurate shots to the inner right orbit will often exit the outer orbit and just drain. Also, when the MM kicks out a ball, it will occasionally do the same thing. Punishing poor shots is one thing, but now I feel like I'm being punished for accurate shots AND instances where the game is simply putting the ball back in play.

Anyone else experiencing this?

#7891 7 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Since I raised Scooby from 6.5 to the recommended 7.0, the right orbit has been...a struggle. Solid, accurate shots to the inner right orbit will often exit the outer orbit and just drain. Also, when the MM kicks out a ball, it will occasionally do the same thing. Punishing poor shots is one thing, but now I feel like I'm being punished for accurate shots AND instances where the game is simply putting the ball back in play.

Just spent the last hour playing at 7.05… I did not notice cheap drains, but DID notice the right orbit much tougher and had a hell of a time hitting the left scoop to start character modes. In fact, I think I only hut the damn thing once.

Anyone else struggle with that shot? Bug sure makes it look easy on the “new mode” streams!

Curious, What do you all have your flipper coils set at?

#7892 7 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Just spent the last hour playing at 7.05… I did not notice cheap drains, but DID notice the right orbit much tougher and had a hell of a time hitting the left scoop to start character modes. In fact, I think I only hut the damn thing once.
Anyone else struggle with that shot? Bug sure makes it look easy on the “new mode” streams!
Curious, What do you all have your flipper coils set at?

Maybe, lower the flipper position a tad. Might help with the wider shots

#7893 7 months ago

Saw this at Krispy Kreme today.

20231015_082015 (resized).jpg20231015_082015 (resized).jpg20231015_082055 (resized).jpg20231015_082055 (resized).jpg
#7894 7 months ago

It’s a Scooby Doo and Krispy Kreme kind of day!

IMG_0642 (resized).jpegIMG_0642 (resized).jpegIMG_0647 (resized).jpegIMG_0647 (resized).jpeg
#7895 7 months ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Saw this at Krispy Kreme today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s funny, I didn’t even see this until after I posted. I highly recommend the villains one with cookies and cream filling.

#7896 7 months ago

The eagle has landed. This is a resale, CE-0320. The entire pin - art, sound, game play is awesome!

IMG_8334 (resized).jpegIMG_8334 (resized).jpeg
#7897 7 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t narrow it to anything consistent. I am currently messing with ball trough switches in the hopes that it is something like this. Ty for the info, I’ll get in touch with them.

Mine reset a couple time. Reseated usb cables in the computer. No issues since

#7898 7 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

It’s a Scooby Doo and Krispy Kreme kind of day!
[quoted image][quoted image]

(Licking the screen)

As a diabetic, you guys are killing me!!!

#7899 7 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Fast shots to the outer Velma loop go SDTM on mine, the only way to save it is a hard nudge / slap-save and even that fails most of the time. I'm going to see if I can adjust that ball guide when I pull the upper PF for a good cleaning.

#7900 7 months ago

Left a little after 1am for spooky. Loaded up and headed home at 7:30. #1102

IMG_6400 (resized).jpegIMG_6400 (resized).jpegIMG_6401 (resized).jpegIMG_6401 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Pinball Machine
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gibsonia, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Harrisonburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.