(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Something to chew on if you have not seen this already.

I watched this yesterday when a friend sent it to me. I think it looks pretty darn good. Ball got stuck a couple times by the drop targets, but Spooky was in the live chat and reiterated that they'll be updating the code in a way that will eliminate 99% of that problem.

I think the gameplay looked amazing and fun. I do wonder if Spooky will have to code a time limit in the upper playfield. Especially if they want this game to be in tournaments. Looks like you can keep the ball up there almost forever if you want to

#1789 1 year ago

Just sent initial payment to secure Scooby #401. Super excited to join the club!

#2030 1 year ago

Alright folks, I might need some talking down.

I'm currently in line with SD #401. I've never bought a NIB pinball before. Obviously, reading through this thread has been a wild ride. Lots of issues, which doesn't seem too surprising as it's early. But some of the build quality issues are alarming. And that was just heightened by a podcast episode I listened to.

I recently started listening to "Bro, do you even talk pinball." I find it entertaining with generally good info. On their recent episode, they both just laid into Spooky as a pinball manufacturer. And I mean, they let em have it. Talking about issues their past pins have had, things not working out of the box, shoddy soldering jobs, all sorts of things. I'll be honest; it really got me worried. I know Spooky is active on here and everyone says how good their customer service is, and that's awesome. But how concerned should I be that these build quality issues keep coming up on all of their releases?

Believe me, I WANT to be convinced to stick with my pre-order because I think the game looks very fun. But 10 grand is A LOT of money to throw at a company that doesn't appear to be learning much from their past mistakes.

I don't mean to be so negative. I've been hyped about this from the time I first learned about it. I'm hoping to hear some positive things that will convince me to get hyped again. Hearing what I did in that podcast was a bit shocking though. Am I putting too much stock in the opinions of just a couple dudes?

#2051 1 year ago

Thank you to everyone who responded to my panic post. I believe I've been talked down. I'll go into it assuming I'll have some work to do, and if not, all the better. Game looks great though, so the work I put into it should be well worth it.

Thanks again everyone

#2173 1 year ago

I keep checking Pinball Map to see if any local spots have gotten a Scooby in. Nothing yet. I know a local bar advertised that they'll be getting one soon. Man, I really want to play it.

But I'm also tempted to wait until my pre-order shows up to try out for the first time. But I really doubt I'll have that kind of willpower haha

1 month later
#4443 12 months ago

Just received final payment request for #401. Things are getting real...

#4544 11 months ago

Boom, #401 invoice paid! Still gonna be a while till it ships, but man, I'm excited.

I'm pretty nervous about dealing with any potential issues as this is my first ever NIB pin, and my repair skills are pathetic. But, I'm willing to learn, Spooky seems like they're super helpful, community is great and I know a couple local collectors who really know their stuff, so they can help out if (when) I get in way over my head lol

1 week later
#4936 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Just got an email that my Scooby is going on the line. #435.

Awesome! Hopefully I'll hear the same very soon. #401 here

#5014 11 months ago

Got my shipping email for CE #401. Shouldn't be long now...

Really hoping I get one that's at least *mostly* okay out of the box. I'm not great with pinball repairs yet. Luckily, I have friends nearby that are, but I'm hoping to not have to bother them too much

#5068 11 months ago

Those light shows look great. Thanks for the vids, Ballykiss.

Also, thank you to all those who come back and post about the resolutions to the issues they've experienced. It's one thing to hear about some of the out of the box problems some folks are experiencing, but I find it very helpful to hear about the troubleshooting and solutions that Spooky has assisted with

1 week later
#5296 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I was playing with my youngest daughter who is six and she said, “Dad, there is a bookcase in the game.” Then I flipped it, and she said, “The bookcase is a flipper too!” She then proceeded to jump up and down with excitement. She was blown away, it was fun to see.

This is the good stuff right here

#5310 11 months ago

SD #401 arrived and is all setup. I've got 5 or 6 games on it. So far, everything has been great out of the box. Really enjoying it. The audio is amazing. A truly great looking and sounding pin.

123_1 (resized).jpeg123_1 (resized).jpeg20230525_141903 (resized).jpg20230525_141903 (resized).jpg
#5350 11 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

number 401 ,somebody is selling scooby doo ce 401. pre order..

Hope no one buys it, or they'll be really disappointed because it's not leaving my basement haha

20230527_162712 (resized).jpg20230527_162712 (resized).jpg
#5351 11 months ago

Alright, just some quick thoughts after a coyote dozen games of Scooby:

First things first - I think it's amazingly fun. It's gonna be in my basement for a long time. It shoots well, plays fast, has awesome callouts, looks great, has cool light shows, sounds amazing. It really is a fantastic game.

Something I've been surprised about: it's hard. The left outlanes in particular are rough. They suck up everything. The upper right sling drains a lot of balls in the left outlanes. Not my favorite thing. And even balls coming from behind the first row of drop targets on the left will often find their way to the outlane instead of the inlane. Those two things do cause a lot of frustration. But it means I need to really improve my nudging game.

The upper playfield is fun. The bookcase flipper is taking longer than I thought to get used to. In a good way. It's so unique in the way it can both flip and throw the ball. But it does take practice.

The modes are great. And demand a lot of skill and accuracy. I like that, even though it means I'm crap at the game for now. They're fun and varied and I feel accomplished when I complete them.

All in all, zero regrets on picking up Scooby. Super glad to have it. Looking forward to many more hours

#5354 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

I tried both moving the left out-post to the up position and then taking it out completely…so far totally removing it seems to give me less left outlane drains…might be worth seeing what works best for you.

Very interesting that removing it completely gives you fewer drains. I'll give that a try. I was going to move it up, but when I got under the playfield I noticed that I would have to remove another component in order to move it up and didn't want to deal with that lol. But I'm pretty certain I can remove it no problem.

#5355 11 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

number 401 ,somebody is selling scooby doo ce 401. pre order..

Update here: I messaged the guy to see if maybe he had his pre-order number wrong. Turns out, he's got #410. So, mystery solved gang!

#5384 11 months ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Thanks. Starting to get excited. It won’t be long until mine is shipped

I'm excited for you. After getting mine last week, I'm excited for everyone that's waiting for theirs. This game is special.

#5390 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Put over 100 games on Scooby this weekend…kids, friends and grandparents all had a blast! Not one stuck ball or launch fail. I still have not unmasked more than two villains in a single game…Creeper and Witch/Zombie are some faves to stack with SSMB. Black Knight is a ball-buster and I would certainly recommend tweaking the switches of both the black night loop and sling to make them a bit more sensitive. Stoked for character modes but current code is keeping is plenty busy and happy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a single stuck ball is impressive. Haven't checked what my play count is at; I'm guessing around 50. And I've seen three stuck balls: one behind the drop targets and two at the beginning of the wireform that leads out of the upper playfield. If the ball doesn't have enough momentum on its way out, it gets stuck right as it drops.

As for tweaking switches, are you talking about increasing the sensitivity of the upper playfield sling?

That just made me think of something: I wonder if decreasing the upper sling on the main playfield would result in fewer insta drains to the ruh roh outlanes...

#5398 11 months ago

Alright, I just can't seem to figure this out: how are the different ball saves activated? I do it by chance a lot, but I'd like to know how I'm actually doing it so I can do it on purpose lol

#5414 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

So currently the left outlane activates ballsave when you spell "Ruh" and "Roh", the right outlane activates the save after the 3rd time a ball rolls over it, and the trap door is raised when you collect all four lit Dog Tag targets.

Ok, so with this explanation, I've figured out the Ruh Roh ball save: when it drains down a left outlane, that lane is lit. The lit lane can be changed with the flipper buttons and if a ball drains down the unlit lane, you get a ball save.

I'm still not sure I understand the right outlane ball save. If it activates the third time a ball rolls over it, wouldn't that be game over, since the ball would've drained 3 times down that lane? Unless it's reliant on multiball drains, I guess. I don't know, I'm really noobing out here haha

EDIT: just realized that it would be that third ball that would be saved, so it wouldn't be a game over. So, basically, it sort of prevents you from losing by having all three balls drain down that outlane?

#5428 10 months ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Struggling with stuck balls on the upper playfield. The ball catches air coming up the ramp and ends up on the plastic. Anybody come up with a good solution for this issue?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Man, that's crazy! Definitely haven't seen that on mine. What is your pitch set at? Maybe increasing it would slow the ball down some on that center shot? Mine is at 6.5. Recommended might actually be 7. Thinking of increasing mine to that to see if it helps prevent stuck balls when entering the habitrail from the upper PF. I've now had three in that same spot.

#5475 10 months ago

Looking forward to trying out the new code today! Watched the video and Velma's glasses looks great. Man, this game is gonna be so good once all the modes are coded.

Question: to enter wizard mode do you need to *play* all the villain modes or *complete* all the villain modes? And what constitutes completing a mode - making all the initial shots, or actually unmasking the villain? Finally, if completing the modes is necessary, I'm guessing you can replay the ones you lost once you've played them all?

#5479 10 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

While the wizard mode is still a ways off, the current plan is that you can start it after visiting (not necessarily completing) the normal modes. Though the number of modes you fully complete will have some effect on how the wizard mode plays.

I appreciate this approach. Let's people experience the wizard mode without having to be an actual pinball wizard (which I definitely am not haha), but still allows for a big score bonus for people that did well on the individual modes.

I thought I had heard that wizard mode was still a ways off, but the TILT Forum entry made it sound like the first of the three wizard modes had already been implemented. But I'm patient.

#5574 10 months ago

So, I've got the objectives down pretty well on Captain Cutler and Mystery Machine multi balls, but what is the objective in Scooby Snack MB? I don't activate it often because that VUK behind the drop targets is a really tough shot for me (also why I can't consistently enter the new Velma's Glasses mode), so I don't have much experience with it.

2 weeks later
#5982 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

What a damn good update. No shaker on spinner is awesome and the game just seems better all around. Had my best game yet at a poor 2.4 million. It was so much fun!
Way to go team Spooky!

Ha. My high score is around 2.2M, so I appreciated seeing this

#5985 10 months ago

Trying to learn the ins and outs of Scooby Snacks:

So, drop a row of targets to spawn snacks. Collecting Scooby snacks in a villain mode adds to your bravery meter (and now it looks like it increases your villain multiplier as well). Collecting them outside of a mode will work toward qualifying an apron lock (4 snacks for a lock, I believe). Does collecting them outside of a mode do anything else? And, other than a ball drain, what resets the drop targets?

Also, how do you increase the end of ball multiplier? Haven't been able to figure that out yet, either. Still a lot I haven't figured out lol

#5992 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone have a detailed method of moving the outlanes? How much "disassembly" is required to do so?
Both sides have light boards under them and I don't want to mess anything up.
TIA

I would also appreciate this. I went under the playfield thinking it'd be nice and easy, then saw the light boards and was like, "nah, I'll do it another time"

#5994 10 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Same issue here. Slow roller off upper PF can get “stuck” right when it drops to wireform

I get this very often. Pretty frustrating. It requires more aggression with the machine than I'm comfortable with to knock it loose, so it's always a "remove the glass" situation.

My game is pitched at 6.5. I'm wondering if increasing it to the suggested 7 would decrease the likelihood of this occurring?

#6010 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I am curious what it looks like under the playfield on the first runs that shipped with them all the way up. Would also be interested in hearing Spooky’s position on the best way to do this. Seems like there is risk of damage to the boards if not done correctly.

This is what I was thinking. Anyone with an early run machine willing to share what it looks like under the playfield with those outposts in the up position?

#6090 10 months ago

Alright, I've sang this game's praises since I got it and it's currently my personal highest rated game ever, but I have to list off a few things that have really bothered me:

1. The outposts being such a pain to move is really frustrating. I still haven't done it because I don't like that the light board can't be properly re-installed with the post in the upper position. I mean, how does that even happen? And honestly, if not for this issue, my other complaints wouldn't even exist. Or at least would be greatly reduced

2. I've never played a pin where hitting shots correctly so often resulted in outlane drains. I get machines punishing you for bad/weak shots occasionally. But this one, my goodness. I'll hit certain shots perfectly and the ball will still find a way down the outlanes. Frustrating

3. I can't stand how frequently the ball will find the left outlane after bouncing behind the drop targets. It's obvious that the design intent over there is to feed the inlane, but it very often bounces the other way instead. And, maybe I just suck at nudging, but attempting to encourage the ball to the inlane seems to have the opposite effect lol My best bet seems to use nudging to completely avoid anything to the left of the sling. Because if it goes that way, it's a crap shoot on where it'll end up. But with how fast this game plays, mostly due to the upper right sling, that can be difficult to do

Okay. I got that off my chest. It's really saying something that I still love playing this game with how frustrating I find it at times. I would love for Spooky to suggest an official way to move the posts up while being able to fully reinstall the light boards. But maybe I just need to try what others have done and just not screw the screws back in all the way. But that just worries me a bit

#6099 10 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Interesting to hear about left outlane drain issues after the ball travels through drop targets. I can’t say mine has ever really had a problem with that in either post location.

It seriously happens all the time. Like, a not at all insignificant percentage of my drains are from the drop targets feeding the left outlane. Always feels like the absolute cheapest way to lose a ball.

#6115 9 months ago

Do audits reset with code updates? Just checked my total plays for the first time and it says 28. And there's just no way it's that low. Had my friend and his 6 kids over today and Scooby was being played for over an hour straight, so that combined with what I've put on it since updating sounds about right. But there's just no way I've only put 28 plays on it since unboxing. But it also seems weird that the total play count would reset each update.

#6134 9 months ago

Something is up with the Fred's Plan mode. It's obviously cursed. I've played it 7 or 8 times now, and, no joke, every single time, I've had a silly/stupid drain right before I start step 2. Honestly, I still haven't played even a second of step 2.

Maybe Spooky can un-curse that mode in the next code update? Please and thank you.

3 weeks later
#6530 9 months ago

Finally caught up on this thread. My family is living in South Africa for a month and we left RIGHT when the new code dropped Can't wait to try out the new Shaggy mode and hear the new music. And who knows, maybe they'll be another update by the time we're back!

#6535 9 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

• Scooby Snack skill shot points only? The other two skill shots award more than just points, like a character lane completion or the center drop target save. The drop target shot only awards points, no Scooby snacks. I still had 0 Scooby Snacks after hitting it on the newest code. I assume that's what it should award at least.

Unless I'm mistaken (certainly possible), I believe the secondary reward for hitting the drop targets skill shot is that it immediately lights all the Scooby Snack lanes without the need of dropping a bank of targets. So, while it doesn't give them to you right off the bat, it greatly speeds up the process.

#6541 9 months ago

Extremely possible that I just didn’t understand how the Scooby snacks targets were lit. Seemed like they were just always there. Will have to play some more I guess

Yes, playing more is always the answer haha

So yeah, dropping a bank of targets (either front or back) will light the Scooby Snack lanes. Shoot to collect. Then drop the other bank to light again.

#6640 8 months ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Is this game easy or hard for you? I have mine setup exactly the way it left the factory and I find this game a bit difficult. "We have about 800 games on it and everyone in my family still has issue hitting the "Get to the Mystery Machine" shot to start the case.
I start the game by trying to start the Captain Cutler multiple ball since it is really one of the few ways to really score. I find it very frustrating to work through the process to start the cutler multiple ball, only to to drain to the left on the "Rut Roh" lanes 1 shot after it leaves the upper playfield. This leaves me with a 45K first ball score and very deflated on finishing the other 2 balls.
I am very well aware that we might just be terrible at pinball, but this one seems a bit to feast or famine on scoring.
This is not a rant and we love the game, just trying to find out of anyone else has the same issues as me.

I find the game quite challenging. Mostly due to the left outlane and unforgiving returns from stand-up targets. This has had the result of me greatly improving my nudging game, but even then, that left outlane is by far the hungriest outlane I've ever experienced.

That being said, I still love the game. I'm planning on moving the left post up following a post just a little above. I think that will greatly enhance my enjoyment of an already awesome game.

Also, as another poster noted above, try backhanding both spinner shots. They are much, much easier that way. I'd say I hit them with greater than 90% accuracy.

#6649 8 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Mine can’t hit the left spinner on a backhand (at least not from a stopped/trapped ball). Right is no problem, but left is too tight an angle. Maybe sometimes I can get it to barely ricochet off the post to the right and get it into the spinner…but impossible to rip the left spinner on a backhand. Are they supposed to be the same? Can others hit the left spinner from a stopped trapped ball? Of course, i can occasionally backhand it if there’s momentum and the ball is slightly off the flipper.

Another not great player here and I can rip both spinners with ease with a backhand. It's a great way to fill up that gas gauge for MM multiball as that left spinner feeds the left flipper.

I'd be curious to to see a picture of your playfield/flippers to see what the issue might be.

#6667 8 months ago
Quoted from curban:

I guess the left one does sag a little. It wasn’t so obvious that I noticed before, so I just figured the playfield wasnt completely symmetrical from center. Actually added a little more challenge to the left spinner. [quoted image]

Hmm. Yeah, maybe a touch. Surprised it's causing that big of an issue TBH.

#6732 8 months ago

Is there a way to delete a high score? No idea if that's at all typical on pinball machines. Would love to explore some of the more in depth scoring mechanics in the game with the glass off, but my scores are currently so low, I'm afraid any fake scores would be in there for a long time haha

Now that I think about it, would powering it off before putting in your initials prevent that high score from saving? I would experiment with that on my own, but I'm out of the country and won't be home for another two weeks still

#6772 8 months ago

Fred's mode seems almost impossible with the time restrictions. Does the secondary part always grant 37 seconds? Seems like such an odd number... and if you hit enough shots, damn near impossible to complete. Scoring on the character modes seems like they could use some love too. A lot of effort for little impact points.

As stated above, Fred's mode is really as easy/difficult as you want to make it. Try just going to the 3 or 4 shots that you're best at, then lock those in.

I think you start the second phase with 37 or so seconds, then after each made shot in the sequence, if you're below 17 seconds, the timer resets to 17. So it's not like you only get 37 seconds to execute the entire plan. Still not easy, especially with a long plan, but doable if you're accurate (which I'm not lol)

#6800 8 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I think the method to starting a character mode is fine. Not everything should be easy to access.

Even as someone who greatly struggles to hit that left VUK, I agree with this. The villain modes are super easy to start while the character modes take a bit more skill. I'm okay with that. Gives us new shots and sequences to work on.

#6817 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Any plans on more extra ball opportunities? Maybe after completing x villain modes or character modes?

Yes. Bug stated in his live stream that this is in the plans.

#6850 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Not even close, I'm not a great multiball player as I tend to flail away instead of being able to control. That Scooby shot is especially elusive to me during MB.

Seriously, anything that requires me to track balls on multiple playfields during multiball is beyond my skill level. As soon as I start focusing on those upper playfield flippers, anything on the lower playfield just drains immediately lol

#6862 8 months ago
Quoted from FlipperMensch:

FINALLY got to the Daphne character mode after a couple of days of attempts (couldn't tell you how many times I played Fred's mode in that time...). Most satisfying feeling when I also completed Daphne's mode on that first try!
Felt a little added pressure after watching SpookyBug on the Twitch stream - he makes it look so easy

Watching Bug's code update videos is a double edged sword haha. Love getting to see the new code in action and his enthusiasm always makes it fun, but when it's my turn to duplicate what he showed, suddenly the game looks a lot harder lol

#6885 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I was playing Fred's mode and having fun doing the plan thing and then it ended because the bravery meter ran out? Hilarious. What's the sense of the timer in the mode?
I get everything shouldn't be easy, but I'm just wondering because it seems weird. Maybe bravery meter for the villains, and just the normal timers for the characters? Do the 4 character modes in the game all have timers? I know Velma and Fred do. Haven't played Daphne yet and not sure about shaggy.

I've only played Fred's mode a handful of times, but I don't remember it using the bravery meter. It definitely has a timer, though. You get 60 seconds to create your plan (but you can shorten phase 1 by ending it and locking in your current plan by hitting the action button at any point). Then you get, like, 37 seconds to hit your first shot in phase 2. Once the timer dips below 17 seconds, it resets to 17 after each successful shot. If timer runs out, the mode ends.

Have not played Daphne or Shaggy yet (family is living in South Africa for a month, so I've missed those updates. Back home this weekend though!) But from what I've watched, there is no timer on either mode.

#6887 8 months ago

For my own reference, and to be able to share with people who come play at my home, I've started writing up what I hope to be a fairly comprehensive rules sheet.

Every time I think I'm getting a good handle on the rules, I find something that confuses me. Maybe someone can help with my latest point of confusion lol

At about 1:03 of Bug's recent video (timestamp according to the YouTube posting) he hits the left inner orbit. That appears to spawn Scooby Snacks at all lower playfield lanes (except the left outer orbit apparently?) as well as immediately collect the snack spawned at the left inner orbit.

This is not a Scooby Snack spawn that I was aware of. Anyone know of the actual rules/code responsible for this? I was under the impression that dropping a bank of drop targets or hitting the drop target skillshot were the only ways of spawning Scooby Snacks.

#6889 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Was this during Fred's Plan?
Bug did say something about them adding little "extras" during the character modes, and he did mention something he called "Dig Dug Dog" and the outer orbits.
Related?
I do kind of hate not having a comprehensive detailed updated rules sheet.
Spooky is kind of bad about this.
RM

No, it was near the beginning of a game. But it wasn't a skill shot. Just seemed like a random snack spawn.

I'm happy to write up a sheet with my admittedly limited knowledge. But I agree, having a fully detailed rules sheet on this game would be amazing. I'll continue to write mine based off what I know to be correct, then can add bits in later when I confirm some of the minor rules, along with code updates of course.

#6892 8 months ago
Quoted from FlipperMensch:

I think a couple of folks from this forum have already contributed to this online rule-sheet. Looks like it could use some further updating now that we have 4/5 character modes: http://tiltforums.com/t/scooby-doo-where-are-you-rulesheet/8008

Yep, visiting that site and seeing that it needs updating is in part what prompted me to start my own rules sheet. Planning on updating there once I'm done (if it hasn't been already by that time).

#6911 8 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I thought this was awesome and decided to go a step further and do it with RGB lights. Here's a fire glow effect I'm playing with to give it more of a mine/cave feeling. I'll post more as I build this out more and would potentially be interested in selling a mod for this if people are interested.

Wow, super cool. I'd likely be interested in it as well if made available.

#6938 8 months ago

Back from my trip and got the latest code installed. I've been able to play Shaggy's mode twice and Daphne's three times. My thoughts:

Shaggy's mode might just be the most creative pinball mode I've ever played. It forces you to play the game in an entirely new way. It's not just about ball control, hitting shots and trapping up. You have to constantly be using flippers even when you normally wouldn't have to think about them. Great mode.

I enjoyed Daphne's mode as well. Fun and creative. But I did think it was missing...something. Without a timer, there's no downside to just trapping up and waiting for the easiest shot. And with the shots changing in a predictable manner, you can easily anticipate when it will arrive, meaning you're unlikely to mis-time it. I wonder if simply randomizing the shots would help this? That way, you couldn't anticipate, and your reaction time would be tested.

Either way, fun mode that I like a lot. Just for kicks, here's how I rank the current character modes:

1. Shaggy (for reasons stated above)
2. Velma (the search for the glasses, eliminating shots one by one, while using the iron maidens as hints is great. And I love that Dracula chases you if you use too many hints. Just a great, great mode)
3. Fred (like that you get to choose the length of your plan, knowing that the longer it is, the higher the payout. Great risk/reward balance)
4. Daphne (don't get me wrong, I love the mode. But the overall lack of urgency does take away from it a bit)

All four are terrific modes.

And hell, I'm here, might as well rank the cases, too:

1. Miner 49er (finding the combination is so much fun. The way hints are given out is really clever and helpful. And THANK GOODNESS the orbits aren't part of the combo lol)
2. Black Knight (tough mode due to the number of shots required, but I really enjoy the process of hitting shots, re-dipping your brush, then hitting more. Very satisfying)
3. Captain Cutler (I'm terrible at this mode, but the whole above water/below water aspect is creative and well implemented. Love it)
4. Charlie the robot (nice, simple mode. Not every mode needs to be super involved. I like that hitting a lane where Charlie *isn't* still helps you progress)
5. Space Kook (for some reason, ripping the spinners to spawn the shots just feels good)
6.Creeper (similar to Charlie. Nice to have a few modes with simpler rules)
7. Witch and the Zombie (not a knock against the mode itself. Something has to be last. Like I've said, there's room for simple modes. This might be just a bit TOO simple)

Again, I love all seven of them. There's honestly not a bad mode in the whole lot.

I'd actually be curious to see how others rank all the modes. I suppose I could've waited until Scooby's mode came out, but, oh well haha

#6941 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I like having a mode or two without a timer. On many of the others, I can't tell you how many times I've completed the last shot, and time out trying to get to the mystery machine. Not every mode has to be so difficult. I appreciate the variety.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I wasn't trying to imply that this mode SHOULD have a timer, but rather stating that the lack of a timer means you can essentially spam the same shot the whole time and beat the mode. That, to me, subtracts a bit of fun from what is otherwise an excellently conceived mode.

#6942 8 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

I'd love to see more people's rankings of the modes and what specifically about them makes them your favorite!

In response to this, I added short notes on every mode in my above post

#6956 8 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

5. Black Knight - Good mode, but I wish the first shot wasn’t on the upper sling. Maybe it’s my machine, but it’s sometimes hard to get that first shot to start painting and then it’s just a lot of shots.

As stated above, hitting any single drop target also counts as the first shot. That's pretty much how I always start. Only reason I'll start by hitting that upper sling is if all drop targets are already down.

#6961 8 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I still feel like it’s a lot of shots, including the hard far right upper pf shot. Is there another way you can hit a different shot rather than that one to complete?

Not that I'm aware of. Yeah, it's tough. I've only beaten that mode once.

#6984 8 months ago

Another thought on the outlanes:

Since being away from home for a month, I've been playing LOTS of Scooby over the last few days. And, while I'm seeing improvement in my scores to some degree, the outlanes are even more brutal than I remember. Outlane drains off of slings are very common and very annoying. Here was the thought I had during my last session:

Currently, the only way (that I'm aware of) to light the outlanes for ball save is for a ball to actually go down the outlane. In the case of the right outlane, it's three times. That just doesn't feel right. I think it'd be nice if there was another way to light them. Like, perhaps, combo-ing a certain amount of shots. Maybe one of the three skill shots is tied to lighting an outlane (in addition to its normal function) each ball. Or every X number of modes started.

I don't know. These might be awful ideas lol. Just trying to think more of a skill based way of achieving ball save.

#6992 8 months ago

Anyone else do this weird thing where they always try and have one high score from each character

I've been trying for a while to get rid of that KHG score where I typed my initials in wrong lol

As evidenced by my scores, I'm still bad at the game. But those top three scores are all from the past four days, so I'm definitely improving.

20230816_070211 (resized).jpg20230816_070211 (resized).jpg
#6997 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Have you moved your posts yet?

No. I'm still freaked out by the whole "screw too close to the light board" thing. I'll get around to it eventually.

#7001 8 months ago

Just experienced the Scooby Snack multiball bug. I had qualified both apron locks and when I locked the one on the right, it kicked that ball back in as well as launch another. Having read that losing one ball would lock up the flippers, I just let both drain to see what would happen. Things continued as normal until I locked the left apron during MM multiball, at which point it kicked that ball into play, but the game thought it added both. When I got down to one ball, MM multiball kept going as it thought there were still two in play. I let mine drain, the game went into ball search, then auto launched a ball. I let it drain. I also noticed there was a ball in the shooter lane that auto launched after game end

#7004 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

More than one of us has posted how to move them using T-Nuts. No clearance issues.

Yeah, I bookmarked it. Still nervous because I'm new to all of this. But I'll get to it at some point.

#7007 8 months ago

Low key hoping for the Scooby character mode (and Scooby Snack mb fixes) to drop tomorrow, just in time for my birthday arcade night that I'm hosting

#7060 8 months ago

I just started noticing something on my machine that I haven't read about here in this thread. Don't know when it started, but I noticed it two days ago:

All cases only require two clues to start now. Used to be that the first case required two, second required three and so forth. I checked the difficulty settings in the menu and they're still at medium. Was this an intentional code change that I missed? A bug? Anyone seen this happen in their game?

#7062 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine has been like that as long as I've had it so maybe code changed at some point?

Just peeked again at Bug's playthrough of the Daphne mode and his was doing it too. So yeah, the code must've changed at some point and I just never noticed it.

#7066 8 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I've noticed this is only if you DON'T unmask the villain and/or start another case before you drain the "clue count" needed to start a mystery resets to 2 (or 1 if your in Easy mode). At least it remembers my progress on CC multiball.

Interesting. This is good info. I was playing a lot of 3-5 player games over the weekend with all new players, so there wasn't much un-masking going on. I'll test that today (if I can actually beat a mode, that is haha)

#7070 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It may be related to Easy Medium and Hard difficulty levels.
RM

That was my first thought. I've always had mine at medium difficulty and that's where it still is. So I have to assume that *something* in the code is different

#7116 8 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Drives me crazy when the upper side sling shoots the ball up halfway and down it comes SDTM.

I've had this same issue since pitching my game at 7 degrees. Had it 6.5 for a while and don't remember this happening all that often. After re-pitching to 7, this has been happening a lot.

A poor shot that results in a SDTM is one thing. Random bounces off the sling that result in partial shots that cause SDTM drains really suck. I've come to the conclusion that the side sling, though a fun idea, really just creates too much randomness and too many cheap drains.

Also, since re-pitching, the right outlane has been every bit as hungry as the left. Makes for very frustrating gameplay. Can't wait till my new outposts arrive so I can install them in the up position.

2 weeks later
#7423 7 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Thanks, not sure I will ever see the wizard modes if it is “complete” versus start. Lol.
Agree the game is getting better and better with each update. I like the idea of stuff you do not need to be a “wizard” to attain.

FWIW, I *swear* I remember someone from the Spooky team say that accessing the wizard modes will require visiting each mode, not necessarily completing them.

It was a while back and might've changed, but I'm confident I either heard that on stream or read it here in the forum at some point.

#7427 7 months ago

Update installed. Haven't played the mode yet, but my knee jerk reaction is that Scooby's in mode character advantage (refilling drinks while cradling) will be the most helpful. Spamming the action button with the ball flying all the playfield is way harder than it sounds.

2 weeks later
#7694 7 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Just pulled the trigger on ordering this...still a couple months out before I get mine. It's crazy that it's designed to be supported but they chose not to for some reason. Also picked up the spinner guards and spotlight replacements from them.

I'll be curious to hear what you think of the spinner guards (or to hear from someone else who has used them). I know they say that they don't effect the spin rate, but I just can't convince myself that's true lol I mean, it's adding weight to such an already lightweight part, it just feels like to HAS to have an effect.

2 weeks later
#7890 6 months ago

Since I raised Scooby from 6.5 to the recommended 7.0, the right orbit has been...a struggle. Solid, accurate shots to the inner right orbit will often exit the outer orbit and just drain. Also, when the MM kicks out a ball, it will occasionally do the same thing. Punishing poor shots is one thing, but now I feel like I'm being punished for accurate shots AND instances where the game is simply putting the ball back in play.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 weeks later
#8133 5 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Big thanks to RussMyers for his suggestion on adding just a wee-dot of lubrication to my spinners…I was skeptical, but did as suggested and WOW! I can totally qualify a MM lock in one good rip now! Highly suggest this if you find that multiple spinner rips are needed to light lock at the MM.

Mine take a solid 3 rips to qualify a lock, like yours did before. What kind of lubrication did you use?

#8137 5 months ago

Anyone know if the recent update addressed the bug where the game occasionally kicks out one of the apron locks when it's not supposed to and then lose track of how many balls are in play? Was having an excellent ball 1 the other day which only ended due to that annoying bug.

Excited to try out the new code, but might still wait a bit until some of these new bugs are ironed out. Love all the new changes. I always appreciate a good combo system.

2 weeks later
#8376 5 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Congratulations. I played 25 games today and never achieved 10 million. I have it set up on easy mode and a 5 ball game. I will be taking a break from Scooby for a while. I'm not bashing the pin but it's not something I'm enjoying. I'm getting ready to start a Bally Nip-it project for winter.

I'm also taking a break from Scooby. At least until I get around to moving the outposts and figuring out the major SDTM issue from the right loop. Those two things have sucked the fun out of the game. Hitting a shot perfectly but having it result in a drain is about the most frustrating thing I can think of in pinball.

I fully believe that once those issues are fixed, this will go right back to being my favorite pin of all time. Until then, the game just causes lots of profanity lol

#8406 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Once you have the parts, moving the outposts will take you an hour.
The left side makes a much bigger difference than the right side IMO
The SDTFM issue from the right loop would make me insane.
Have you tried videoing what happens in slo-mo and post it for us and Spooky Support to look at?
RussM

I have not done this. Great idea though. I'll do that.

Edit: I'm hoping to see a lot fewer outlane drains on both sides. The left is certainly worse, but ever since I re-pitched my game from 6.5 to the recommended 7 degrees, the left outlane got worse and the right is now almost as bad as the left.

1 month later
#9559 3 months ago

Whew, been a while since I checked in on this thread. I FINALLY got around to moving the outposts up using RussMeyer's method. Super simple. Game is much more fun now.

Also just ordered some of that Super Lube so I can really rip those spinners!

#9620 3 months ago

Since moving the outposts to the up position, I've gotten 3 new high scores, including a new Grand Champion score. Still embarrassingly low scores, but at least they're increasing lol

I've known about the secret skill shot since I got the game, but somehow, always forgot to go for it. Tried for it this morning and got it after maybe a dozen or so attempts. Was cool to get it, but I think it was only worth 20k (instead of the normal 10k), so not worth going for with any regularity for me. More of an achievement to scratch off the list. Love that they included it though.

Very excited for co-op mode and the Green Ghoul hurry up. And character perks look great.

#9759 3 months ago

FWIW, I've also experienced the bug where none of the skillshots are selectable. I'm still on 105 code. 3 ball, medium difficulty.

#9829 3 months ago

Just experienced a game breaking bug in code 106. Was in 2P co-op. Unfortunately, I didn't notice what caused it, but the game randomly launched another ball. It then didn't know there were two balls in play, and ended the ball after one drained, with one still in play.

The issue persisted for the next two balls for both players. The game never figured out how many balls were in play. In fact, at one point, one of the two balls drained, and it immediately switched to the other player, skipping the ball end sequence. It then launched a second ball, and we were back to the same problem.

I remember this same or similar bug from previous codes. Still hasn't been ironed out. Can email logs if that's helpful.

Also, question on the Green Ghoul: does the mode only start if the inlane is not fed by a habitrail? It definitely doesn't start the mode upon ball launch. But I noticed several other times where the inlane switch was hit but the mode didn't start. I wasn't paying attention at the time to see if it only happened when the flipper was directly fed, but thought about it after the fact.

#9849 3 months ago

Alright, question for the group:

Both guides I've read say that the apron locks are qualified by shooting the SD standup targets. But on mine (medium difficulty) I swear they're qualified by collecting 4 and then 8 Scooby Snacks. To my knowledge, the standups are for activating the trap door.

How do apron locks work for all of you?

#9860 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But not from a ball launch.
Edit for clarification: The Green Ghoul / Ghost (call-outs say Ghost but on-screen it says Ghoul) aren't triggered at the right inlane from an initial ball lauch but it will trigger from a ball save or ball lock launch.

Interesting. Yeah, something weird going on then on my game. Definitely have had times where those rollovers have been hit but hasn't triggered the hurry up. Both working just fine in the switch test.

Will investigate further.

#9880 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have all five members of the gang in the high score list so I always play as whoever is last, that way if I get a higher score all five are still on there. Yes, I'm strange.

Ha. I do this exact same thing

20240108_141418 (resized).jpg20240108_141418 (resized).jpg
#9946 3 months ago

Ran into a bizarre bug today. Running code 106. I was in Super Shaggy Sandwich mode, on the upper playfield trying to spam the standup targets. Suddenly, the game added a second player. Super weird.

Anyway, really enjoying the new code. The update to the combo system (un-lighting the most recently hit character lane) was certainly a good one, though I miss shooting the center ramp and then flinging the ball to the loop, which would always count as two shots as it never had the momentum to go all the way around, so the ball would roll over the switch twice. Then I'd hit one of the habitrails and shoot the ball back up that center ramp to do it all again lol

#9959 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

2024.01.07.12 has been posted on the support page, you should upgrade and see if the problem has been resolved.

Awesome, didn't realize the next update went public. Will install today.

2 weeks later
#10277 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It either stops flashing red and goes solid or goes off completely, don't remember
It will be obvious in game because it will progress to alternating red and white shots to collect clues
IMO, this is the hardest villain mode in the game
RM

I also used to think Black Knight was the hardest villain mode. Until somewhat recently when I realized that I don't think I've ever beaten Captain Cutler. Embarrassing to admit that out loud, but yeah, I consider that one the most difficult.

#10422 84 days ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

Does anyone have an issue with the right outside loop sending balls to the center drain? It doesn’t happen if the ball is going pretty fast mostly at slower speeds. Sometimes Mystery Machine Multi ball sends 3 balls down the drain. Not exactly down the middle, just slightly to the right tip of the left flipper. My machine is pitched at 7.

Yes. Very often. And it's infuriating. Mine tends to happen more with perfectly hit, hard shots. But it also happens with the MM dropping balls out. The amount of cheap drains I've gotten from well hit shots and the MM putting them into play is staggering and is currently the main reason I don't play Scooby that much these days. I'll get it figured out at some point.

I checked my pitch the other day to make sure it was correct. Pitched at 7 and perfectly leveled.

#10427 84 days ago

Just did the ball guide fix on the right loop exit that a couple of you suggested. Played a few games and it feels much, much better. Didn't have a single STDM. It was indeed a super easy fix. Taking off and replacing the glass probably took longer than the fix itself haha

Thanks for the suggestion everyone.

#10516 79 days ago

So I'm back to having trouble with SDTM returns when exiting the right loop. I had used a flat head screwdriver to gently pry the ball guide out just a little. And it worked for maybe 20 games or so. But it appears to have gone back to its original position, meaning the ball bounces slightly off the upper sling and right down the drain. Is there a way to fix this more permanently?

#10525 79 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don’t do that. Lol. That would make it worse!
You just need to do the adjustment a few times as I said in my original post.
Metal has a memory - it takes a few adjustments to get it where you want it to stay.
I think I did mine three times maybe? Two or three. Then never touched it again.
Patience pays off in this Amazon Prime world.
rd

Awesome, thank you.

#10531 78 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just keep doing it till it works for you.
Your machine will likely be different to mine.
rd

Yeah, I just adjusted mine for the third time in two days. Just hoping that eventually it'll stick.

On a separate note, I'm really surprised that the apron lock bug still isn't fixed. That's been happening for the last several updates if I'm not mistaken. Just experienced it again and it's a real game breaker. This time I locked a ball on the right apron, the game acknowledged it with a callout, but it kicked that ball back into play and launched another. As soon as I drained one, the ball ended. But then it registered that a ball was still in play and immediately skipped to ball 2 without dropping another into the shooter lane.

Has Spooky ever acknowledged this bug? I know I've seen lots of people mention it here, but I'm not certain if it's actually been seen by anyone working on the code.

#10532 78 days ago

Decided it's time for an update on my favorite modes and then my opinion on ranking their difficulty.

Villain modes ranked by preference:

1. Miner 49er
2. Black Knight
3. Charlie the Robot
4. Captain Cutler
5. Creeper
6. Witch and the Zombie
7. Space Kook (I've never gotten to its alt mode. Only really tried once. That might affect my preference once I get to it)

*Worth noting that I think all 7 villain modes are pretty great

Villain modes ranked by difficulty (easiest first)

1. Charlie the Robot
2. Miner 49er
3. Creeper
4. Witch and Zombie
5. Space Kook
6. Black Knight
7. Captain Cutler (got REALLY close to beating this mode for the first time just a little bit ago. Can't believe I've still never finished it)

Character modes by preference:

1. Shaggy
2. Velma
3. Fred
4. Daphne (this mode being ranked #4 is really impressive because I love her mode)
5. Scooby (honestly, this is the only mode in the whole game that I actually don't care for. It's just too convoluted for me. Too much use of the action button. But hey, that means I really dig 11 of the 12 modes. That's pretty darn good)

Character modes by difficulty (easiest first; assume playing as matching character):

1. Daphne (her character ability usually makes her mode a cinch)
2. Shaggy (hardest part is not being greedy)
3. Velma (haven't played it enough to really understand Velma's ability on this one. Also still not sure how to tell from the iron maidens if the glasses are on the main or upper playfield)
4. Fred (really like the mode, but no matter how simple of a plan I create, I always seem to choke on the second half lol)
5. Scooby (way too hard)

#10541 77 days ago

Is this the 1.06 bug people were talking about? If so, maybe I'll finally get around to updating to 1.07.

I had just drained during the 7th villain mode (which was frustrating enough. I was one shot away from completing hit, but drilled a post and SDTM). Had one more EB saved up. And I had beaten my previous GC score by about 5.5M points. But upon draining, the game froze in this state. Flippers responded, but nothing else. Just frozen. Taunting me that I wasn't allowed to enter my initials. Or use my last ball to blow up my score even further

If nothing else, I just proved to myself that I'll be able to qualify wizard mode once it drops. That's exciting. But man, I'd love to have that score saved on the machine. Plus whatever my final ball would've been.

20240207_094454 (resized).jpg20240207_094454 (resized).jpg20240207_094533 (resized).jpg20240207_094533 (resized).jpg
#10544 77 days ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

Spooky, y u do dis?!?!
Haha that sucks. But I commend your skills. My GC score is 6M haha

Ha, thanks. Yeah, it was a wild game. Bummer to have lost that score.

But I've since updated to 1.07. So next time I'm in the groove like that, I'll get to put my initials in lol

#10601 72 days ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Can we get a fix to the game freezing after the 7th villain mode? I do believe it is time for this to be fixed. I understand next update will introduce wizard modes, but I have had this freeze on single player and now confirmed in co-op mode.
Co-op mode is completely worthless if game freezes after 7th villain mode.
Is this something I need to reach out to soooky about or is this just associated with my game? I can’t imagine others not having this bug associated with their code. I am 4 for 4 with this bug.

Install code 1.07. It is fixed there. I experienced the bug you're talking about very recently while still running 1.06. I installed the updated code that same day, and made it through all seven villains the following day with no issues. In both cases, I drained during the 7th villain's mode. But on code 1.07, the game kept right on ticking.

#10645 70 days ago

Something in my Scooby skills has clicked recently. I just got through all 7 villain modes for the 3rd time. Before last week, I'd never accomplished it a single time. Posted a new 1st place score (300k below my GC). And this time, I think I finished 5 of the 7 modes, which is crazy good for me (failed Cutler, as always. And I failed to hit the unmasking shot against the creeper, which was frustrating lol).

So, of course, I'm more excited than ever for the first wizard mode to drop. Right now, visiting all 7 modes is cool, but there's no "big moment." Not even a video acknowledgement or callout. And the inserts don't even stay lit to take a picture of the accomplishment because they all restart

But I'm definitely getting better. Honestly, the biggest thing has been continuing to adjust the right orbit ball guide. I didn't realize just how many cheap drains I was getting from that. My survivability had skyrocketed since that adjustment. And I also just removed that gate from behind the drop targets like some folks have suggested. The only thing it did was make a difficult shot even harder and cause stuck balls. I'll be curious to see if I can hit that shot more reliably now. That'll be the next trick: visit all the character modes in a single game.

TL;DR: Love this game. It's only getting better. Can't wait for wizard mode

#10728 65 days ago

Anyone else seeing the Green Ghoul not being triggered when it should? Happens more on the left rollover, but I've seen it happen on both. Sometimes it takes three or four times on the left side to actually trigger it. The rollover switch works fine, just doesn't always trigger the hurry up after its lit.

#10732 65 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Have you tested the rollover with a ball, not just your finger? I've had rollovers on other games that needed a little adjustment to register when the ball was up against a guide and not perfectly centered in the lane.

I haven't. Will give this a try.

#10735 64 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Have you tested the rollover with a ball, not just your finger? I've had rollovers on other games that needed a little adjustment to register when the ball was up against a guide and not perfectly centered in the lane.

So this is 100% what's happening. Thank you for the suggestion. Finger test triggers it, but sending a ball down the inlane usually does not.

Looked under the playfield and immediately noticed that it's not flush like the other ones are. I've never actually adjusted one of these switches before, but I found a YouTube video that seems to explain it pretty well. Looks like it should be an easy fix. Though, I have a talent for turning easy fixes into difficult ones lol

EDIT: All fixed. Nice and easy. Thanks again for the assist

#10745 62 days ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Have had my Scooby since Aug 2023 and finally had that magical game 18m that obliterated all of the other high scores. Items of note are getting MMM 3 times SSM 2 times and CCM 1 time. I was awarded an extra ball twice, the first for Scooby snacks and the second I think for starting 5 villain modes (Unmasked 3). If you have not gotten an extra ball yet it is really cool as the Crystal ball with the question mark starts flashing and then you hit 1 or 2 clue shots that are orange to collect. Also completed all 7 Fred mode traps and unmasked some Frenchman...This was crazy lucky to hit all shots and not even sure who that dude is.
[quoted image]

It sounds like you should've qualified three extra balls: Scooby snacks, visiting 5 villain modes and unmasking (at least) 2 villains.

Either way, that's a great score. Well done! Starting all those multiballs must've been a lot of fun.

#10771 58 days ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Completion of the villians, ouch. Guess I'm never seeing that wizard mode. Any chance for a setting option, where playing all the villians let's you play wizard mode? Or mini wizard mode for playing all of the villians?

It has been said in the past that visiting all the villain modes is what will qualify the wizard mode. I'm guessing Luke's use of the word "completion" was just a slight slip or he was simply using it to convey that you've played all the modes and "completed" them in that regard.

Either that, or something had changed. But I know I've heard multiple Spooky reps say that you will only need to visit all the villain modes to get to the wizard mode.

#10775 58 days ago
Quoted from Jammer55826:

I believe that there was a variation in how the wizard mode scoring was going to be implemented based on how many of the villains that you were able to successfully unmask.

Yes, I had forgotten about that, but Luke said something to this effect very recently here in this forum.

#10802 57 days ago
Quoted from ekayden:

I found that removing the gate makes things worse. The ball hits the target and bounces back out. The gate helps catch the ball and prevents it from bouncing out. It’s a pain, but you need to bend the wire just right so it stops the gate from flipping outwards. Then, it will be much easier to make the left VUK.

Interesting. I finally removed the gate a couple weeks ago and it made the VUK shot much more makeable.

#10806 56 days ago
Quoted from gilbi:

Hi Spooky Guys
Any idea on when (approx.) we will have a new (super cool) code update coming ?

Luke said here recently that they're playtesting the new code (with the first wizard mode) this week, so it shouldn't be long.

#10819 56 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spoiler Alert ...
[quoted image]

Yes please! This kind of stuff is awesome. Love it.

#10821 56 days ago

I was today years old when I learned that Spooky Luke and Luke Peters are two different people

#10854 54 days ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Wow. These spooky guys are crazy. Has any other pinball manufacturer been willing to look up your game and give you a specific date in the next month when your game is getting boxed?!

Absolutely not. It's why Spooky is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of customer service.

I texted a buddy of mine about some excellent service I got from a Spooky rep, and he replied, "wow, that's awesome. If you email JJP about an issue, they'll send you an invoice for the time they spend reading it."

#10872 52 days ago

I think I experienced a bug today. I was on ball 1, and playing pretty well on everything except for villain modes. I unmasked my second villain at the same time I finished visiting my fifth villain. EB was lit and collected, but only once instead of twice. So by accomplishing those two things at the same time, I missed one of the EB opportunities.

#10878 51 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Do we get an extra ball for BOTH unmasking 2 villains AND starting 5 villain modes? Or is it one or the other?
Extra Ball for 50 Snacks, how about 100? or 150? or only first 50?
RM

I *thought* I remembered them saying during the code reveal stream that you could get an EB at 50 snacks, and then every 100 after that. But I've never collected 150 snacks in a game so I'm not sure.

I believe, currently, there are four EB opportunities: unmask two villains, visit 5 villains, collect 50 snacks, and earn the super duper MM multiball jackpot.

If the "every 100 snacks after 50" thing is true, that would of course add to those opportunities above.

#10884 51 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I think the first villian should be 2 clues, then go up by 1 for each next villian mode. Maybe cap it at 5?
Also, my topper shipped today!!!!!

This is already a thing. Each time you unmask a villain, starting the next mode requires one additional clue.

At least that's how it is on medium difficulty

#10887 51 days ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I like mine on medium for everything else, but I do wish I can manually change just the number of clues for the first villain with each +1 after. I feel like I’m always in a villain mode and I want to see the rest of the game closer to the start button. The new character mode qualified at the beginning helps. I really like playing the mmb, but unless I’m playing as Fred, I accidentally end up in a villain mode and drain before I can fill up the van.

To see Mystery Machine mb more often, I suggest getting into this habit:

Before starting a villain mode, trap up with the left flipper, then simply spam that left spinner until you get the tank to the next threshold. Since that shot feeds the left flipper, and does so in a way where you can cradle before each shot, it's relatively easy to qualify a lock this way. Then, when you shoot the MM, it'll both lock a ball AND start the mode.

It sounds simple and you've likely thought of this already. But really focusing on it will greatly improve the regularity of which you'll see that particular multiball.

#10917 48 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Sweet! Not that we would ever make the wizard mode but this is great to see.
Nice job guys.

I used to think this exact same thing. But I've since done what will be needed to qualify the wizard mode I think four times now. So, keep at it!

#10940 47 days ago

Stream last night was so much fun! I loved it!

If there's any way I could get access to the beta code this weekend, I would be eternally grateful! My best friend is arriving tonight from out of town for two days filled with pinball. Would be amazing to have access to the wizard mode while he's here

#10975 46 days ago
Quoted from Ikara:

Watched the stream but could not figure out how to tell when the mystery mode was available? Are there no clue on the playfield or on the LCD as to when it’s available?

I asked in the comments if the crystal ball is lit when a mystery award is available and a Spooky rep responded yes

#10988 45 days ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Hoping someone can answer a question for me. I've been playing Scooby Doo on location for about six months and can not for the life of me figure out how to obtain extra balls. I tend to get them if my game score is above 10 million but it seems random. I was playing a game last night and got two extra balls somehow. I'm trying to stay on the top of the leader board and the extra balls help tremendously. I've look at rule sheets online but the extra ball info has not been updated. Any explanation would greatly be appreciated.

1. Collect 50 Scooby Snacks (the upcoming code update might be changing that to 25)

2. Unmask two villains

3. Visit five villains

4. Super duper jackpot in Mystery Machine multiball. Very difficult. I believe you have to have all character lanes maxed at level 3, then hit the Mystery Machine shot.

#11011 44 days ago
Quoted from JohnBlu5:

Hi there, I just picked up CE-1047 via trade and joined the club, I like it!
[quoted image]

Get ready to like it even more. First (of three) wizard modes is dropping any day (moment?) now!

#11031 43 days ago

Not trying to be confrontational, but rather provide an alternate viewpoint of the whole "I hope I get my pre-order topper before it goes on sale at public shows" discussion.

I understand the idea of wanting to get a pre-order item before others. You paid first; you want it first. But, I've never really subscribed to the idea. I see it all the time on Kickstarter with board games. Some people who backed a project become livid when they learn that the company is going to sell copies at a convention before fulfillment is 100% complete. Ultimately, I think it boils down to this: companies don't exist without cash flow. Trade shows and conventions are a great way to get both your name and product out to the public. Us asking companies to sacrifice recognition and revenue so that we can have something first has the potential to limit that type of product down the road. Now, is Spooky going to go bankrupt if they don't sell toppers at a convention? Unlikely, obviously. But does the huge potential exist to bring in more clients, thus more revenue, which can lead to more product and innovation in the future? I truly believe so. If selling toppers at the show will help bring more attention to Spooky products, I'm all for that; even if it means a few folks get it before those who pre-ordered it.

Hopefully I was able to present this respectfully as, again, I'm not trying to be confrontational. Just providing another way of looking at the situation.

#11032 43 days ago
Quoted from JohnBlu5:

Has anyone tried to adjust this side area, I swear so many loops from the inside out, go right to the middle with no chance to save it... It would be nice if angled out by a couple millimeters
[quoted image]

Yep. Still battling it to a degree, but much less so. Just use a flat head screwdriver to gently bend the metal to where it needs to be. You may have to readjust now and again before the ball guide finally stays put. But eventually, it will.

#11038 43 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

You do NOT sound confrontational, if anything I did, and I apologize for that. I haven't had the BEST week so far so when I saw the post about them going up at TPF I posted about it. BUT, your reasoning makes sense and I absolutely want Spooky to succeed so they can keep making badass games. I am always reminding my kids about perspective, and you just adjusted mine, thanks

Definitely no need to apologize. I'm glad the intent behind my post came through correctly. And, FWIW, I wasn't trying to call you out individually. I've been meaning to make that post for several days, and yours just happened to be the most recent message when I finally had the time to put my thoughts together

#11077 42 days ago

Played one game with each character, and completely rewrote my high score page lol. Even a garbage, throwaway game with Scooby got me 18M

Really love the new scoring. Like the Mystery Awards. Wish I could say I got to the wizard mode, but I didn't. Got really close with Daphne and Fred. I'll get there by the end of the day.

One, possible knee-jerk reaction: might be worth considering upping the amount of Scooby snacks needed to qualify a mystery award. Currently, it just seems like there's always one available. They don't really feel special at all.

Overall, great update. Can't wait to play the wizard mode!

EDIT: oh yeah, and the vanity awards are freaking great. Love having those in there now

#11082 42 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My only request now, other than the other wizard modes, is to rethink how that right outlane save works. Everytime I explain it to a new player they shake their heads confused

I still have no idea how the right outlane works.

Also, every time I think I have the apron lock qualifications figured out, the game proves me wrong. I thought it was 4 snacks = 1 lock. But there's obviously more to it. Do you have to collect four more snacks AFTER your first lock, regardless of how many you had before the lock?

#11119 41 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Not a "hot take" or anything, I like the new Mystery Awards, but they are too easy to get and appear too often for them to be special enough.
Right now, it's 1st Mystery Award at 3 Scooby Snacks, and relights for additional X+1 going forward, so next at 4 additional snacks (9), then 5 additional (14), etc.
I am thinking 1st Mystery Award at 5 Scooby Snacks, then again at every 5 snacks until 20 snacks (that's 4 Mystery awards), then every 10 snacks after that.
Even that may be too often.
RussMyers

Completely agree here. It was the only negative I had about the new code. The Mystery Awards are fun, but are just way too plentiful. And since you can't skip the cutscene, they break up the flow of the game.

I almost wonder if they could be tied to combos instead of Scooby Snacks. Like, you need to get an X length combo to light the Mystery Award.

That might be a bad idea. But either way, I do think they need to be reduced.

#11136 41 days ago

Good to hear that you can skip the clown cutscene. I skip all other cutscenes with the launch button. I wonder what the reasoning was for having to double flip to skip this one.

I think the upcoming change to qualify Mystery awards will be good. Scooby snacks are so plentiful in this game, everyone will still be getting them. I love the idea of them, but seeing them just a little less frequently will make them better.

#11139 41 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I second this. Just because a few people find it easy to get multiple mystery awards doesn’t mean everyone does. I’m a little shocked people are so quick to complain about them since we just got them. I’m enjoying the update just the way it is.

Usually, I would agree with you here. But honestly, this isn't even really about skill. Scooby snacks are everywhere in this game. They will light themselves from slingshot ricochets and you get them just for shooting all the typical lanes. I'm not a great pinball player, but even I have the Mystery award lit pretty much non stop. And I'm not even focusing on collecting snacks.

#11140 41 days ago

The apron lock bug found its way into this code as well. I was on ball 2, playing Black Knight. Locked a ball on the right apron. It acknowledged the lock, kicked it back out, and launched another. And from there, the game never figures it out. It ends balls when only one drains. Launches two balls instead of one. It's a game breaking code that is really frustrating when you're in the middle of a really good run.

It's been in the code for a while now. Just wrote the logs to a USB. What's the email address to send it to?

#11145 41 days ago

Thank you Luke and Alexorear, I will give that a try

#11148 41 days ago
Quoted from Danzig:

I knew this was coming after the code update, and unfortunately I don’t have time to play for probably a couple weeks. But congrats to kevster for the new #1 score!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol. I know it won't last long, but it'll be fun while it lasts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 79.99
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,200 (OBO)
$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=kevster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.