(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,655 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 seconds ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wastedthelight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 1 year ago

Oof. We almost took the two hour trip today to play it, glad we didn't, would have been pretty bummed...of course would have made the best of it by playing other games. A local shop 10 minutes away gets theirs on Tuesday, hoping to check it out on Thursday!

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from BoilerUp:

Which location is getting theirs on Tuesday? That’s my neck of the woods and would definitely head over there soon to check it out.

Great American Pinball in West Chicago (you're not far). The owner said he's picking it up Tuesday. No idea if it'll be playable Tuesday, so that's why I'm giving it until Thursday.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Time to do some trimming of the drop ceiling to make space for the topper!

I mean since toppers go for freaking $1k-2k now, get some of that almost $11k back

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Any estimate when I get mine #517? (hoping a while cause I’m not ready!)

See this spreadsheet. Take a look at far right column for guestimate. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=drivesdk

Too bad you didn't go through Spooky, I'd trade you orders

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^ now it would be nice to see a sum of the number of name slots entered. Then we would know what % of games are butter or going overseas at different times.
edit - tracker is really nicely done. Anybody can edit, once you’ve downloaded an app. Interesting info is collected and the far right side has projected date of your game. Sounds basic but it is effective. My anecdotal evidence shows Spooky is a very strong and consistent manufacturer. That is partly because they resolve material issues early and that makes it easy to forecast a born on date with high level of accuracy and a high% confidence.

I got you boo, at least for part of it. Known Users count now at bottom.

#329 1 year ago

Added more stats for number of machines purchased from each source.

#342 1 year ago

Alrighty, made some more stat changes to the spreadsheet, most noticably it'll show the last confirmed delivery date, so no hunting to find it. I'll probably work in which pin # it was too, but that'll come later tonight. Someone else added an editions count. That's inaccurate, I would think, because Spooky never actually said each edition is getting x amount released, no?

#351 1 year ago

How long does it take to boot up? I'm assuming I'm spoiled with my 1979 flip the power on and instantly play machine

And still no details on "adult" mode eh?

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

You pay balance upon delivery; not at start of manufacture. We’ve already paid a deposit as a down payment. That should be enough until delivery.

You want it on your doorstep before paying? Spooky isn't going to take a $9k gamble that people will pay when it arrives "on their doorstep", nor should they.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, he wants to pay after it's built but before it's loaded on the truck.

"Upon delivery" literally means once delivered.

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Its a great Easter egg.

That's actually pretty damn funny. I want to be disappointed...but I'm not.

#439 1 year ago

Has there been any straight on photos of the bottom of the playfield yet? Minus the upper playfield photo posted today which was appreciated. Enjoy seeing the behind the scenes guts!

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm buying one for the speaker panel. It's just too much empty green space for me. I'm leaving the coin door as is. I needed a few for some other games as well. Order placed!

Agreed, too much empty space up there. The coin door I can go either way on. I've seen this on Godzilla in person and they look awesome. I wouldn't buy the emblem personally though, don't think it would look good there

Here's the link:
https://www.wizardmod.com/scooby-doo

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:Damn, this hobby is killing my bank account. Haven't even taken delivery of Scooby-Doo yet and Stern just announced Foo fighters

Bank account or credit score, haha

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Hmm, I think something may be bothering you besides my post, but it's tough to tell for sure. . . . .

Cereal prices are insane right now, stop pissing in his cornflakes, man!! Wasteful!

#523 1 year ago

Stopped by Great American Pinball today in West Chicago and we got to play Scoob! It was fun and helped us feel better about dropping so much on a toy. We did notice an issue though, the ball got stuck twice on the lower playfield, left under the castle as it goes to access the green rails. Didn't get to see the problem clearly as the worker popped it open and got it fixed. So can't provide any better info for Spooky to look into. Anyone else seen this yet? I'd imagine a quick guide mod could elevate the issue...too few details since I couldn't get in there to see super clear.

PXL_20230225_173637574 (resized).jpgPXL_20230225_173637574 (resized).jpg

#567 1 year ago

Rats, beat me by 8 seconds. I would have gotten away with it too if...not for your speed

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Kind of weird at a launch party it isn’t being played non stop. I expected a line.

Do most machines have lines upon release at a popular location?

#599 1 year ago

If they would have made the display quality look like it was from 1969 you all would have lost your shit, saying it was brilliant. Instead...here we are.

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

spooky_dj It would be great if Spooky could take care of the ACNC code once again, since the latest code is already 2 years old and ACNC seems a bit out of support…

Wrong thread but what did they leave broken or unfinished? Why does it need their attention?

#803 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am an understanding guy l, but kinda being dismissive is kinda crappy.
These things should have been caught at the factory.

He wasn't dismissive. He offered up suggestions to get you playing now and even stated they can get you a new part sent out. His point is that in the meantime he was trying to offer suggestions to work around the problem so you can play. You can also throw another ball in there and continue to play, so you're not 100% SOL. Yes, you've made it very clear how much you've been waiting for this game, and I'm sure you're incredibly disappointed to get it home and find all these issues, I would be too, especially at almost $11k. However, I don't think it's fair to say he was dismissive given he posted multiple times attempting to offer as much help as possible at 9pm local time.

#804 1 year ago

Delete

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

. I don't think this is something Bug would miss during playtesting.

According to the stream from the tournament, all balls just go down the drain so....maybe he didn't make it to the habitrails during testing (I'm kidding, folks!)

#834 1 year ago

Just a reminder, this is a forum that Spooky doesn't have to be on, nor do they need to respond to your concerns so publicly. Don't EXPECT Spooky or anyone else to see your post and respond back.....though it's awesome to see and makes me far...FAR less concerned. I highly recommend going through any company's support using their regular channels provided on their website. This way their entire support team is alerted, it's documented officially, and you've done things according to their SOP. Asking someone from Spooky reach out to you over DM on Pinside is the wrong avenue to take. You should be reaching out to them from, again, official channels (email/phone/whatever they say).

#848 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I agree with what you are saying in terms of resolving the issue.
I do think it is a good thing that these items/issues are posted here as well. It's helpful that owners share their issues so future owners know what to expect/look for in terms of possible issues.

Totally agree, it's "great" to know about, but I think some people view this as the official Spooky support forum. Not discouraging posting issues, just curving the expectations when doing so.

#902 1 year ago

Guys, I figured it out!! It's right in front of our faces, we just can't see it! Clearly Jersey Jack used Willy Wonka's shrinking machine to place sabotagers in each machine and they are creating all of these issues during shipping! Box opens, they run out and take a pigeon back to Spooky to jump into the next box! There needs to be a full investigation, it's so obvious!!

#1428 1 year ago

It's cute that everyone assumes they can pull an instrumental version out of their rear. Only they know their licensing assets.

So anyone have an idea where the black ground wire from the right flipper switch ties into? I don’t see any area where it was soldered to on the left side of the cabinet, can anyone possibly look for me?
I am thinking the left flipper switch possibly but not sure. Also coin mech switches are not working. So I will try to see where that ground wire ties into. Wish I had a schematic. Thanks for any help.

Are game schematics not a thing any more?

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Anyone else snag one of the scratch & dent Scooby playfields from Spooky's site?
[quoted image]

Looks good in the pic, what's wrong with it?

#1628 1 year ago

Maybe currently but Spooky says "Interactive RGB Speaker Lights".

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Came in to find Scooby turned off... location told me there were complaints about balls getting stuck.
I did some looking around and found...
[quoted image]
So what's that clear plastic? Apparently it's a shield to protect the RJ45 cables plugging into a board mounted on the underside of the upper PF. Why is it blocking the ball? It seems that plastic has a lot of play... and can droop down. I can't tell at all how it's mounted, or where... nor can I even begin to think about how the Upper PF is removed. (manuals... oh manuals??)
So what to do? This puppy has got coins to collect!
Well you can tell you can press the plastic up a good bit, and it kinda stays, but it's apparently done this at least 2 times already, so it's going to do it again. Again, if Spooky can tell me how this SHOULD be mounted or how to get to it, please chime in!
My Op hack was just to keep it pressed up out of the ball path. It seems to kinda rest on that ball guide, so I could use that as a lifting point. I wanted to just stick one of these corner protectors on the underside of the plastic and have it rest on the ball guide to lift it.. one of these
[quoted image]
But of course I had just taken those out of my bag last weekend... d0h! So instead I hacked up a rubber bumper with the idea that if it was slit to sit on top of the guide, the pressure pushing against the plastic will help press to keep it from falling off - just a friction fit.
So for something with some thickness, I took one of these bumpers, sliced it with my razor to make a groove/split in it..
[quoted image]
Then wedged it over the guide rail and under the corner of the plastic.
[quoted image]
Let's see if it holds. Hey spooky, got any better ideas?

Yikes, those target decals aren't holding up at all

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I always wonder…are you the type of person who never plays…or a player. This goes with any hobby..you use it, and it looks used. Want it to look perfect…leave it in the box, or never/rarely play it.

It's a brand new game. Would expect the wear not to show this early on.

#1982 1 year ago

Got stuck here again. Took pic.
[quoted image]

Keep in mind I don't have it, only played at the local shop, so I don't know how that plastic piece is attached. It's like the front is secured up but towards the back maybe came loose and is falling down? Like its hanging down like a hinged door only secured on one side and the cables are putting pressure on it?

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Congrats! That is a fairly low number if you just ordered. Did you take over someones deposit or was this through a distro?

I ordered over a month ago and I'm 1186 straight from Spooky. So has to be from a distributor. Lesson learned, buy from distributor..or earlier.

#2033 1 year ago

Just another reminder to add dropping the ball save drop target to the ball search. Game ended and ball got stuck here. Hit the flipper and rolled on to it.
[quoted image]

Pretty sure they already said that was resolved in the next update.

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

How old are you people!! This is depressing.

tropic-thunder-movie-lines0-45241 (resized).jpgtropic-thunder-movie-lines0-45241 (resized).jpg
#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone know what the best estimate for Scooby Doos weekly build rate is? Trying to estimate when should expect my #1015.

They said previously their goal is 30 a week.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I mean no ill will when I say what I am about to say, but take it in any way you like. You are committing to spend upwards of 11k on a device that should bring you joy. Take some pride in knowing that any repair can be done by you if you commit to learning a few things. Take the time and learn.
I have no idea what a spooky pinball warranty really covers, but you should find out before you purchase, if making small repairs worries you. When the warranty ends, find someone to help you. They don't have to be a pinball repair person to help you. They just need to be able add and remove items from a playfield, soldering and coming up with small fixes that will be needed. It just take a little bit of thought.
If you cannot do this, then you need to consider the reason of owning a pin vs playing one.

Do you hold this mindset when buying a $11k+ car? A house? I love working on my machine ('79 Flash), first pin back in October, but I also spent $600 on a 40 some year old machine, not $11k on NIB. So while I'm now comfortable working on machines (I did a lot to Flash), it doesn't mean I or anyone else should be thrilled or expected to fix things OOB. I'm hoping being in the 1100s it'll be pretty rock solid by then though. Spooky's responsiveness on here has been reassuring.

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Finally got to try this today at the Pinball Gallery. Holy crap, this game is beautiful. The upper playfield looks way bigger in person too. I only played one game but I can definitely see the potential. I got through a few of the villains and was having a good time. The shots felt smooth. Can't comment too much on code yet because I wasn't entirely sure what to do at all points anyway, but I'm sure that will continue to progress.
My only issue was that fling from the bookcase flipper was very week and was not nearly powerful enough to get that shot all the way to the right. Perhaps a stronger spring is needed there?

I've played at Great American Pinball a couple of times now, I'd agree that it feels like the bookcase could be stronger, but maybe it's powered that way on purpose. The shots aren't impossible as-is, but pretty hard.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:Most main modes do have you shooting most shots; but there are some details that can help you get around particularly difficult shots. Not sure if a high-level breakdown like this has been posted before, but:
Creeper: Easiest case. You need to shoot 5 of the character shots. Order does not matter, and you can repeat characters, as long as you don't do the same character twice in a row. You have about 15 seconds between successful shots before the creeper gets you, at which point you have to repeatedly hit the action button to get the paper back before continuing. Shooting the same character multiple times will delay how long the creeper takes to catch you.
Space kook: Hit either spinner to reveal I believe 7 shots that must be completed. They'll unlight after some period, at which point a spinner must be hit again to reveal the remaining shots. If you're having trouble with a particular shot, note that each time you shoot a spinner, the required shots will shift around, in a particular direction depending on which spinner you hit. If you collect shots during this mode at the airport on the upper playfield, you are awarded a jackpot! So the highest-points strategy is to shoot the airport, then a spinner to shit all shots so the airport becomes lit again.
Space kook is the only mode with a "mini-mode" built in currently; shoot the green footprints on the upper playfield. This will reveal the Space Kook Army, and you must shoot the standing targets to cover each Kook (it'll make sense when you see the display). Note that each hit toggles whether the corresponding kook is covered, so ball control is key! Finally, you Destroy the Spaceship by making Consecutive shots to the center ramp; I believe you need 3 or 4 shots, but beware that hitting the targets adjacent to the ramp will reverse your progress, so don't miss! Note that you still need to keep collecting those scooby snacks to keep your bravery up during all this!! (This is the kind of excitement we are intending to bring into all other monster modes in future updates too!!)
Black Knight: The most difficult mode. All shots start white except the slings (including those on the lower playfield) which are red. Shoot a red shot to pickup paint, then you can shoot several white shots (depending on difficulty level) to paint those shots red. You can always shoot any red shot to 're-wet' in order to paint more white shots.
Miner 49'er: 4 shots are lit white. You have to shoot them in the correct sequence, but you have to figure out what that sequence is! Shooting adjacent shots will give you hints as to the next shot in the sequence. If you get the sequence wrong, progress resets, but the combination does not change.
Charlie the Robot: Charlie is a roaming shot running around funland. Shoot the roaming shot 5 times. After each shot, he'll get faster and move less predictably! He will only move to lit (yellow) areas, so you can control his movement by shooting those shots to un-light them! On harder difficulties, you'll re-light them if you shoot unlit areas! It's not a mini-mode per-se, but you can also ride the habitrails for some extra points!
Cutler: bash cutler to collect oxygen, then head to the main playfield to shoot the orange shots before you run out of O2. If you have qualified any standing targets (they'll be lit blue) you can hit them to increase your O2 on the main playfield. Hitting different parts of cutler will light different standing targets, so it's best to bash him all over the place, not just the helmet!
Swamp Witch and Zombie: 6 shots are lit on the main playfield, and must be shot in a sort of 'combo' style, alternating left, right, left, right, etc. At the moment, I don't believe there are timing requirements, only sequence.
The plan is to use the left drop banks and scoop to award fun perks in the main modes, as well as start some mini modes! You'll begin to see those being used in future updates! Right now we are focusing on Scooby Snack multiball, which will keep your scooby snacks lit, making it much easier to keep your bravery up during monster modes, as long as you keep the multiball going! This will be particularly useful for keeping your bravery up during longer modes, or if you need more time to go after those mini modes!!
And of course, each main monster mode ends with the unmasking hurry up! You have a set amount of time to hit the scoop to collect your bonus, but if you want to risk it to get even more points, there are bonus shots you can hit up to three times to boost that end-of-mode bonus! But beware, if you don't shoot that unmasking shot at the scoop in time, you forfeit the bonus!

A rule book section on your website would be amazing. Then anytime someone asks, anyone can drop a link straight to it for any of your games.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

We'll definitely work on that! Both in written, and diagram form! I'm afraid I can't say when it'll be published, as a lot of details are still subject to change, but I won't consider the game complete until documentation exists for it!

I assumed it would be a living document, just state at the top the game update version that the rules are based on and that the rules are subject to change with future updates.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I noticed on my distributor's site (Nitro) that the CE version was maked as sold out?!?!
I thought they were making 1979 games regardless of the version you selected.
Anyone know?

Sold out of the games the distributor purchased. Technically they could order more from Spooky.

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, looks like Scooby is a hit! We will see if the 100 is really the 100, or just who is bigger.

Huh?

#2474 1 year ago

Same thing here bro. Same...

Maybe he's talking about TOP 100 pins listed on here....that's gotta be it.

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Oh..this is cool![quoted image]

I missed that when I checked out their new mods yesterday. Can't decide if I like it or not. I think because my mind wants the stones to go all the way over to the right too, so it's throwing me off. I have about 8 months to decide

#2487 1 year ago

I'm waiting for a mod that makes the apron locks look less "Penis-ish". I just can't unsee that no matter how hard I try.

Dammit, now I can't unsee it!!!

#2516 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

My #79 has had no issues with the habitrail or the ball getting stuck. It’s been one of my most reliable out of the box with several hundred plays and I’ve had to do very little to it. It looks great, sounds great, and everybody has had a great time with it.
Default post position has it be a bit easy, but that is changeable. My friends who don’t play much have really liked how clear the directions have been on what to do and like the challenge of the upper playfield geometry. I’m not a great player but I unmask in Scooby less than I complete gem modes on AIQ. I find it very smooth and speed is good at 7 degrees.
My wife and I are both major Scooby fans and have loved our new machine. It’s not a competitive pinball person’s dream, but should be fun and enjoyable for a majority of people.
I recently put the wizard mods decals on and I like them a lot as I was not a big fan of the straight green and felt like it needed something there.[quoted image]

Hmm...the speaker magnet graphics look super dull/washed out color wise, compared to the rest. I was all in for that mod, but from this photo, not so much. May go with the blue slime instead.

#2527 1 year ago

My speaker panel decal arrived today. I'll open it and report back tonight. It does look dull in that photo (but the coin door looks fine). I have one on my Elvira and it looks great. Not sure what's going on there. Does it have a protective film on it that needs to come off? Anyway, I have one waiting at home, but no game. I'll see how it looks.
I'm not sure why it would look so washed out when the coin door looks so vibrant.

Ha! I was so fixated on the speaker that I overlooked the coin door, which indeed looks good!

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Forget down voting you, Mods should kick you out of the thread entirely at this point. You could use a ban.

Dude, stop beating the dead horse yourself...

4 months later
#6902 8 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Has anyone recently received a butter CE?
If so, what number please?

Many people. On this thread use the "find in topic" search function to search here only for butter posts.

Added 8 months ago:

I failed to catch the word "recently" my bad.

1 month later
#7619 7 months ago

Looking like I'm still on track to get mine around November based on payments being confirmed so far. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about this purchase. First NIB, just got into pinball last November. My biggest concern after watching so many videos (Including Bug on Twitch) is that this game seems like it requires a lot of skill shots in most of the modes and that we'll find it too difficult to be fun. Thoughts on difficulty from the self aware medicore players?

Regardless, still my favorite pinball artwork from the cabinet to the playfield.

1 week later
#7693 7 months ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Installed NinjaCamp mod. Very easy install pre-drill your holes. I didn’t have the problem, but this does give so much extra support.
[quoted image]

Just pulled the trigger on ordering this...still a couple months out before I get mine. It's crazy that it's designed to be supported but they chose not to for some reason. Also picked up the spinner guards and spotlight replacements from them.

#7757 6 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I finally got the “verifying order, and address” so they can send final payment invoice just a bit ago. I’m #1102.

Ditto for #1143! It just got real!

#7764 6 months ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Glad to see you stayed in the club, Wastedthelight. Still loving this game!

Yeah, I'm glad no one bought my presale....other than how much cheaper a used one already goes for, ha. Thanks for the additional feedback too. The game just looks very skill based with all the "shoot exactly here" to make it through the modes. Currently use to more basic 80s-90s games that I don't feel require as much precision (in some cases) to just have fun. Scooby the lower playfield is so open where I'm used to Flash and Special Force that has tons of targets all over and up front, if that makes sense. Basically we aren't skilled and just wanna hit targets easily, lol.

#7765 6 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Yeah, I'm glad no one bought my presale....other than how much cheaper a used one already goes for, ha. Thanks for the additional feedback too. The game just looks very skill based with all the "shoot exactly here" to make it through the modes. Currently use to more basic 80s-90s games that I don't feel require as much precision (in some cases) to just have fun. Scooby the lower playfield is so open where I'm used to Flash and Special Force that has tons of targets all over and up front, if that makes sense. Basically we aren't skilled and just wanna hit targets easily, lol.

#7781 6 months ago

First set of goodies from Ninjacamp came yesterday! Along with the final invoice from Spooky!

PXL_20231001_010145829 (resized).jpgPXL_20231001_010145829 (resized).jpg
#7808 6 months ago

Joined the "paid in full" club this morning! Guessing...45ish days before shipped? Maybe? Hoping to snag a few mods at the Chicago Expo in a couple of weeks...as well as meet the Spooky gang!

#7828 6 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Can someone put a tape measure on their Scooby? I sent a message to Spooky a couple days ago, hadn't heard back. I need specific dimensions of both the cabinet and the backbox because the room where my pins would go is extremely difficult maneuvers and TIGHT. Need to know if I can swing the widebody into place or not or Scooby will have to be Scrapped for the running of my next pin. Tried finding the dimensions on Spooky site, or any site, and maybe I'm just overlooking them somewhere. Thanks.

The search function on the this specific thread is your best friend with these types of questions. Not judging. Just friendly advice to avoid unfriendly answers....and now friendly answers!

Quoted from ls1chris:

bb-28'' 3/4 w h-76'' w/o topper 87'' 1/2 with L 51'' 5/8 ( +1'' 1/2 for the incline of legs.)

Quoted from jakedistel:

About 31”x31”. Think I measured about 58” tall on pallet. Hope that helps

#7831 6 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Let me ask this another way
No names entered from numbers 1242 to 1802 on the tracker sheet. That’s a huge gap. Does Scooby plan to make all of these unclaimed games? Are they going to distros?

FWIW ..On the stream tonight they mentioned they have 200-300 CEs left to build. I also seem to recall them saying earlier in the year that they'll make as many CEs as people want (up to their cut off). If the orders stop, they move on to BS and standard.

#7856 6 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

The search function on the this specific thread is your best friend with these types of questions. Not judging. Just friendly advice to avoid unfriendly answers....and now friendly answers!

Plot twist....just realized I can't keep the topper on, basement height is 86". Son of a!!!! Just ordered Ultraman too, will be the same problem. Ugh. Maybe they'll be going upstairs....what a bummer.

#7859 6 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I had the same issue and was able to just take the back castle layer off the topper. It still looks great!

Noted! Thank you

#7871 6 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I thought I was an average player. EHoH and now Scooby have shown me that I'm not. It looks like the deeper the game code, the more I'll never get to see. I set the five high scores with the five different characters, and now always play as whichever one is in the last spot (in order to keep all five characters on the list). My last game as Scooby wasn't enough to make the high scores list.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's my concern with the game. Maybe I'll just cheat and wall off the right/left drains to try to experience the game more, ha! Will find out in a few weeks when it arrives! I feel like this will end up making me realize I need to stick with 70s-90s games.

1 week later
#7931 6 months ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Does anyone have an SE version of this game on order or know when they will start production on those?

They have around 200-300 CE left according to Bug two weeks ago on a live stream. So prob closer to 250ish now. After that, Bloodsucker, then SE. You're looking at a bit of a wait still.

#7941 6 months ago

Picked up Scooby buttons from Rocket City Pinball today at the expo! Hoping to get #1143 in the next two weeks!

PXL_20231022_050526606 (resized).jpgPXL_20231022_050526606 (resized).jpg
#7948 6 months ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Has Spooky come up with an official fix for the launcher issues besides the previous "spread out the forks" idea? I have fixed mine 3 times so far and each time the repair lasts fewer games. I now have two unusable Spooky games since my Halloween crashed while trying to update and now goes straight to bios screen.

Haven't heard anything. Call them tomorrow to get a definitive answer and let us know! Also chime in on how they have you fix your boot issue so spread knowledge.

#7956 6 months ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

There was a protective film to be removed on the front of the 2nd and 3rd panels. There is also a masking tape material to be removed on the backside of the 2nd and 3rd panel. Looks so much better.

Good to know! Now I need to check my Ultraman, ha

#7961 6 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:

Sweet. Just got email. #1120 ships tomorrow

Hot damn, 23 to go!

#7969 6 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Is this a newer code than what’s on my machine I picked up last week? lol

Yes, this means he's playing unreleased code on his weekly Twitch stream, and assuming it's also dropping tomorrow.

#7979 6 months ago

Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago. They work well enough. They actually roll-up which surprised me. Photos make you think they are a thicker stiff plastic. This explains the affordable price though. No complaints.

#8038 6 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

Link so we can watch the stream?

Bug said he would edit and post tomorrow.

#8164 5 months ago

Not only is tomorrow Halloween....it also happens to be the day #1143 comes home! Woot! Hopefully it arrives as a treat in one piece and not a trick damaged from a forklift, ha! ....also the first day of snow....grumble grumble.

#8167 5 months ago

Scoob is home...sadly he has to wait until after work...and after trick or treating. So will hopefully unbox around 7:30-8pm

PXL_20231031_150405824 (resized).jpgPXL_20231031_150405824 (resized).jpg
#8183 5 months ago

#1143 unboxed and put a few games on it before getting frustrated with that damn left drain, haha! But what frustrated me even more is going to move the post to find that a control board covers both sides....I recall seeing it talked about before so I'll do some post searching on how to handle it.

All-in-all, the game looks amazing and played without any issue so far!

What I did notice:
- The game is mechanically loud...like when you have the glass off loud.
- The video work is great
- Audio interference buzzing constantly, worse with various lights or pressing flippers. I recall seeing posts about a 3.5 cable swap though. Assuming one with better shielding.
- Game boots way faster after after 10/28 update!
- Game throws a tons of errors on boot (old and latest software) but I think I recall this being posted before and it being stated it's not an issue.
- the art package is flipping amazing
- that left drain can go to hell
- love looking under the hood, so clean!
- lockdown bar has slight scratch on it on top, I feel it when I play on my left hand...annoying but I'll get used to it. Honestly can only see it at a certain angle.
- I just remembered I have Scooby snakes to pull out!!!!

PXL_20231031_234629666 (resized).jpgPXL_20231031_234629666 (resized).jpg

#8184 5 months ago

Went to install the Rocket City 3D printed SD Launch button....it's too snug in the housing, no freedom to move with the spring. Anyone else run into this?

NinjaCamp light covers were a breeze to install...will install the shooter support bracket this weekend.

#8197 5 months ago
Quoted from Willybillwill:

Totally understand your frustration, same thing happened to me on my Godfather CE. I actually had the protector on (glad JJP sends these with the machine) but didn't notice it had come off when I went to lift the playfield. Luckily, JJP sent me a replacement side art free of charge. I have yet to install it, but figured I'd keep it just in case for the future.

I wonder if spring loaded wheels would help, placed at the front of the playfield. Let it roll and keep spacing perfect without digging into the sides. Thankfully I tossed my protectors on before working on Scooby last night.

#8215 5 months ago
Quoted from ekayden:

Go into coil settings and reduce the power on your drop target reset coils. Those generate most of the noise you’re hearing at the start of every ball. Even turning down a little will improve the noise a lot. If you turn the power too low you’ll find drop targets not resetting properly; if that happens, just increase the power.

Will try, thanks!

#8235 5 months ago

Installed the Rocket City Pinball start button today (launch button the other day), looks great! I also moved both outlane posts up and was finally able to enjoy the game. Moving the posts was a small pain and it's unfortunate that the ability to move them was an after thought since the light boards make it...interesting...and it's not designed to truly accommodate the move. I'm glad Spooky gave the option to move them on this game though. My next request..."KID MODE"! Make the center drain popup permanently up when enabled. This way kids can enjoy it....and sucky players like me who don't nudge much. Ha!

PXL_20231104_050423571 (resized).jpgPXL_20231104_050423571 (resized).jpg
#8240 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have you tried setting the game to easy mode? I have mine on factory defaults and it has been kicking my ass for about two solid weeks until I finally had a great game yesterday. I moved the left post up but left the one in the right outlane at factory. The slings on mine are very sensitive and they create havoc when the you don't have control of the ball, add in the fact that any solid shot to the Velma loop is going SDTM (I just haven't had time to pull the upper playfield to try to adjust the ball guide to address this) unless the center drop is up and its a tough game.

Yup! I put it on easy last night and also increased the ball saver timer and went to five balls. I can actually solve more than one mystery now, haha. What button combo enables god mode? Lol

#8298 5 months ago
Quoted from SARRICH:

We are official members of the Scooby Doo Owners club as our CE 1125 (Standard Cabinet) was set up in our home on Monday November 6, 2023. We are happy to report that our Scooby Doo is playing perfectly right out of the box.
We decided to make a weekend of it and stayed in SW Wisconsin over the weekend. We had a wonderful time of watching Wisconsin Women’s Volleyball and Green Bay Packers with the locals. Enjoyed the fare at Lawrences in Benton, Potosi Brewery, Antique shops in Cuba City, and saw several bald eagles. Truly a beautiful area. We picked up Scooby Doo at 8:10 am Monday morning; Spooky Luke, Bug, and Morgan came down and said hi to us as the game was loaded. Left at 8:30 am for OH and had the game set up that night. Thanks to everyone on this forum and the employees of Spooky Pinball for being true ambassadors of Pinball. Scooby Doo is our #19 pinball machine in our home – can’t wait to hear what #20 could possibly be!

Congrats, but I'm confused ...did you get the CE or Standard? Or Bloodsucker? You said CE then mention Standard. If anything other than CE, post some photos as you'd be the first!

#8314 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

At last, Here's the link to my Homemade Scooby Rulebook. I adjusted the margins so the printer should not chopped text now. I have not print tested it but it should be fine now.
Feel free to print your own. Please do not sell theses. I've spent many hours on this and it should stay free for all Scooby Pinball fans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-okN6bK4Zs0eP48jzYEe53bx7kb8-AFV/view?usp=drive_link
Here's a tip for printing. Use original size (no resize) and print the first page separatly so you have a blank page behind the cover page. Best is to bring it to a print shop and tell them to spiral bind it with a translucent plastic cover and cardboard back page.
I will update the manual as rules comes in. I might do one for Halloween when I'm motivated.
Also, if someone knows how to pin the post to the key post that would be great.
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Great work!

#8321 5 months ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Sorry I am already selling on the streets for $100/copy...even looking at going international...

You're wasting your time. Mine are laminated and include Scooby Snacks for 4 easy payments of $24.99. Donate an extra $5 to charity during your purchase and I'll personally come to your house and make you a Shaggy Sandwich. Beat that.

#8332 5 months ago

No wonder I can rarely hit the left apron.....gate arm somehow got under habitrail, not allowing the ball to easily get in. Confirmed with my unboxing photos that it wasn't like this two weeks ago. May have to bend the arm slightly more if it happens again.

PXL_20231110_060251931 (resized).jpgPXL_20231110_060251931 (resized).jpg
#8423 5 months ago

Started having the shooter issue after about 100 games. I bought the stabilizer, should have installed it on day 1 but didn't. Will get it on this weekend.

1 week later
#8544 5 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

For what it’s worth, I did this to mine. Just bend the extra flap up against the playfield, never had a launch failure since doing so. Could just be luck, but the family plays this baby a ton.[quoted image]

Is that what caused the wood to crack though??

#8545 5 months ago

Mystery Machine multiball traffic jam....

PXL_20231123_040205964 (resized).jpgPXL_20231123_040205964 (resized).jpg
#8550 5 months ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Help please.....all of a sudden ball won't plunge.....SD plunge button is lit but nothing happens when I push it..... there's a constant sound effect when ball is resting in shooter lane but sound effect stops when I move ball.....connections look good to this novice eye....would appreciate any info.....thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.

Go into the test menu and try triggering the shooter from there. If it works, it's a connection on the button, if it doesn't, connection at the shooter solenoid.

#8572 5 months ago

The last few games have had issues sometimes recognizing the ball going into the mystery machine. It keeps the ball, does a ball search and then gives me a new ball when it can't find it. Then it ends up spitting that ball out too, dual balls in play. Anyone had this issue and have a fix for it? Misaligned opto maybe? Haven't gone under the hood yet.

#8648 4 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think most of us have found success in slighly spreading the tongs apart just a little bit, you can use needle nose pliers to spread them out. Be sure not to have the coil pulse power too high, it needs to be lowered a bit once you get it dialed in.

Spread them apart? Interesting. Mine had to be squeezed closer together (not much).

#8739 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Does everyone else find it extremely difficult to hit the cutler left target?. On my machine it's impossible to backhand it off the bookshelf flipper, should I be able to? Maybe my flipper alignment is out? It can be hit off the right flipper but it's very difficult, probably takes me 10 attempts to hit that target off the right flipper.

It's just a difficult shot I think. The real pain for me is the upper playfield bottom orbit.

#8742 4 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Does anyone else have this happen? Seems like a software bug.
It's always Miner 49'r mode. I shoot the van to start it. It plays the start of the audio for the mode and then nothing happens. Game just sits there. I have to turn off the game and reboot.

I'm on the latest code and I've never had this happen. Though I feel like it's been mentioned before....are you up to date?

#8786 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

When he was 80 years old, famed cellist Pablo Casals was asked why he continued to practice. "Because I think I'm making progress."
Ditto.
A buddy came over earlier today to try Scooby: I think he'll be joining the club.
[quoted image]

Nice! After a month or so of having mine, my highest score was 10 million until today...made it to 17 million. Though I do have it on easy and 5 balls. FINALLY unmasked Captain Cutler too. Still outstanding is Black Knight and Spooky Kook.

#8889 4 months ago

Well....this is a new one for me. Ball got stuck trying to come back out the ramp, ha! It didn't come out until ball search gave me a new ball. At least I didn't have to remove the glass!

PXL_20231212_013600571 (resized).jpgPXL_20231212_013600571 (resized).jpg
#8908 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

So now that spooky has looney toon’s / chainsaw massacre to work on I wonder if spooky will still be getting frequent code updates or if they will drop right off? Would be nice to get wizard modes, mystery villains etc.

They still give updates on Ultraman/Halloween. Nothing to fear.

#9084 4 months ago

FINALLY unmasked and Black Knight! One thing I never caught was that it's not that you always shoot the white to turn red, at least once you shoot the red to get the whites to blink again, after that initial first time.

I need to watch a video tutorial on the Milkshake character game, I find the instructions confusing.

Yesterday I bashed Captain Cutler a second time and started some pirate mini game? I didn't last long enough to tell what the heck was going on, but I swear it said hit the flashing red, which there wasn't one after a few seconds of the game starting.

#9112 4 months ago

Are the character perks actually in th current version?

For Scooby it's "Action button collects all Scooby Snacks". I've hit the action button while in a case and it doesn't collect the Scooby snacks lit up.

#9155 4 months ago

The last day that Spirit Halloween was open I snagged a cardboard display for $7. I may turn it upside down and butt it against the ceiling, the piece symbol can be flipped correctly.

PXL_20231220_034528434 (resized).jpgPXL_20231220_034528434 (resized).jpg
#9174 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can anyone please explain the purpose of the lights along the shooter lane? I see some question marks around them…
[quoted image]

That's your bravery meter. Essentially how long you have to solve the current active case. However, by collecting Scooby snacks you can add to your bravery meter during the case. Hit the drop targets on the left which will light up blue Scooby snack shots, hit them to collect and keep playing.

#9196 4 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

C’mon, man — share where you got that sweet fig with Shaggy and Scooby!

Found it. From a game called Hold On Scooby Doo. Thing appears to be perfectly sized! Found just the Scooby/Shaggy piece of the game on eBay, just purchased for $11

51Q4Pe8rQPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg51Q4Pe8rQPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg

#9207 4 months ago

Final CEs?
I see that TCM sneaking in on the right!

#9234 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

ball into the MM, or the left VUK behind the drops, or into one of the apron locks, JUST as a multiball is ending, the game loses track of that last ball. It may or may not find it in a ball search. I'd throw your game into Switch Test and toss a ball into the MM just to make sure that VUK switch is working, but sounds like that multiball bug.
RussMyers

I have this happen sometimes, tried to recreate by hand after having it happen three games in a row, but couldn't. I started to think it was a random opto issue, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I emailed Spooky who sent me to Service and their initial reply made me feel like it was a switch/ opto issue vs a bug, so I backed off until I could catch it on camera/recreate easily. Rarely happens thankfully...except the three games in a row, all were MM shots at the last second of multiball. I swear I've had it happen outside of MM though too though

#9276 4 months ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

Probably already asked and answered… does the total 1969 include all 3 editions?

Yes. No limit on any model. Just a hard limit on the amount of all Scooby they agreed to make.

1 week later
#9401 3 months ago

Pretty awesome topper compared to the others out there ..especially considering how much this does vs a $1500-2000 topper!

Props to Spooky.

#9569 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

When's the new code stream?

Tonight 7pm central.....

#9599 3 months ago

Great stream tonight! I'm excited for co-op mode with my partner, she'll enjoy it because it won't be me vs her anymore. Also stoked that I was one of the three who guessed the right answer to have my name tossed in the hat to win the topper! Fingers crossed!

#9605 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How many Scooby owners upgraded their LCD and was it worth it? Would love to see before and after pics if you did.

I don't get the updating of the LCD, total waste of money, imo. I think those people just didn't mess with the display settings on the stock display. I adjusted mine and it looks amazing now, no longer washed out.

#9608 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

how did you adjust it? is that in the game menu settings?

Open backbox with key, monitor setting buttons are on the back of the LCD. There are example settings pinned at the top of page one of this thread. You'll have a better looking picture in 5mins

#9611 3 months ago

If you watch Bug's streams you'll notice they have a direct HDMI feed to the visuals from the LCD screen. My LCD is set to get almost as good of color popping that you see from the direct feed. Colors CAN pop on the stock screen, blacks CAN be black and not washed out.

#9647 3 months ago

This will be the final mystery for the gang, after too many arguments, they're closing down Mystery Inc. Sad day.

(Normal msg, folks)

PXL_20240105_224457388 (resized).jpgPXL_20240105_224457388 (resized).jpg
#9649 3 months ago

Played a couple games with new code, plus a co-op around too. Love the updates, co-op was made it more enjoyable for my partner as expected. Both hurry ups are a nice addition. The upper playfield hurry up is missing from the update list.

UM/HW on the game support page have a "What's Changed" for the updates with a running history. I'd love to see that for Scoob too, in addition to noting important bug fixes.

Thanks Spooky Team!

#9656 3 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

I found an issue with the new code.......it didn't make my topper get here any faster......
Man I'm excited

What an inexcusable oversight from Spooky! Those monsters!

#9666 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

In the stream they said they'd just refund you if you pre-ordered but then won one.

Correct, Bug did state that, which is awesome.

#9675 3 months ago
Quoted from Gazz_anderson:

So excited that the Mystery Machine is here!
Scooby Doo SE #1938 has arrived down under
Straight out of the box you appreciate the work that Spooky have put into this game
Bring on the mysteries to solve!
Added a few playfield images to show you the differences between the SE and CE.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Crazy to see after only looking at the CE for a year now! I ordered the BSE first but a couple days later upgraded to the CE on my pre-order.

#9682 3 months ago

Hopefully those that had issues recording their score actually emailed Spooky ([email protected]) instead of just posting on here?

#9750 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I agree with a fair amount of what you're saying. People are forgetting that we're bought the BSE/SE blind. We asked for pics (even a 3D render) and got nothing. Instead we got a pic of a CE, and a list of what the CE has as extras over other models. Deductive reasoning then says that if you remove JUST those features, you get to the other models. Heck, my distro sent out those trim cards when it almost time to reserve. To think those are in actuality "partial" lists of things that would be removed is misleading at best.
But there's also a bunch of Spooky brown nose apologists in here, so let's reiterate to these people who are saying "the website says no SE sculpts". Maybe someone doesn't know what that means so they consult the feature matrix which specifically calls out 6 items as "sculpts" just for the CE. So to envision the CE minus those 6 "sculpts" would be logical. Anything else removed would not be expected since it wasn't mentioned.
Spooky also touted that this would have I think 16 sculpts under the glass prior to release. Then release came with the limited info we got, 6 items highlighted. So the number on the SE should be 6 less (what SE buyers were led to believe), or 0 (which some people here think it reads literally, and we should be thankful we even got 1... though no one would've ordered SE if that was the actual case). But Spooky admitted that some items were included, so we know it wasn't 0... but we never were told the castle was gimped. The gray area and the lack of clarity is why many of us aren't happy right now. To then have Back Alley suggest the apron mod matches all models adds to it. All indications were the 6 items which were labelled as "sculpts" were impacted, nothing more.

Yes, the matrix should have been more clear, I agree. As a first time NIB purchaser, I was confused on a few things including trying to understand what a "sculp" was. In the end I went CE anyways instead of BSE which I first purchased and then upgraded to out of FOMO (zero regrets!). But your examples are valid. The question I have for you, did YOU actually purchase the SE? If so, and from Spooky, call them up Monday and POLITELY explain your case. Cancel the order or upgrade. I bet a distributor won't be as receptive, maybe I'm wrong. The problem myself and probably everyone else here has is how you're acting/posting. Like other companies, 100% Spooky needs to at least supply renders of each model to make it clear to people what they're purchasing in the future. Again, I get your point, it's valid, but take a breath and get with Spooky Monday. At the end of the day, unlike Stern for example, the game PLAYS identical between all three editions, you aren't losing playable features, only the cosmetics are different.

#9754 3 months ago

Did anyone else poke around the menu looking for a Scrappy Doo Easter egg? Ha!

#9804 3 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

I mean what’s low really , should we score billions ? It’s all relative .. the super high scores were a marketing trick back in the day .

This! I get that you want something more complex to be worth the trouble, but to think games that don't have you scoring in the millions or billions are frustrating is just silly. I'm hoping to have my first homebrew done by EOY, I kinda want to keep scoring low like 1-20 for everything just to tick everyone off, lol.

#9839 3 months ago

Just had an extra ball in play during Captain Cutler MM. I was down to two balls and then all of a sudden a third was put back on the playfield. I drained one of the two and that was game over. First time I think I've seen that., latest public code. I thought maybe I earned something to kick another ball back into play, rats! Ha

#9840 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Big thanks to The-Hum for the mine-cart STL! Very fun.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! How long did it take to print? I have access to a 3D printer at work, I may try to print it this week. Any advice on settings? Or do those live within the file? Never used one before. Thanks!

#9878 3 months ago

Reported a bug I found but didn't notice anyone else post about it. The upper playfield hurry up only ever gives 1,000 points. First should be 50,000, and then each time after increments another 10,000 it seems. I manually got up to 200k and it still only gave 1,000. I enjoy that little hurry up, but didn't realize the bug was screwing my effort, haha. (EDIT: DJ fixed it for the next release! Guy is a beast!)

Also, I finally switched away for the default Captain Cutler MM song, and switched back the next game. What's wrong with you people? I never get sick of the default song after 300 games, so catchy! Ha!

#9899 3 months ago

After playing through the game three times in a row and beating it on my first ball, I decided to make the game a little harder by removing the castle wall. My previous games I usually scored about 600 million (just can't break 700,000,000!). Now I'm barely getting 2 million! Total game changer for us serious players!! The only problem is the ball falls hard and is adding a lot of dents to the playfield. I've also been playing with the idea of cutting the playfield in half and making a moat so the ball falls "into the water", maybe a 3D printed alligator that comes out and eats the ball?? Thoughts? Would be cool to add a fishtank inside and you see the ball falls into it and then VUK it back up. Just need a VUK that can shoot up a foot or so, or maybe VUK to another VUK like an elevator? Hmm...

Castle is off because I'm working on a small issue
PXL_20240110_025411510 (resized).jpgPXL_20240110_025411510 (resized).jpg

#9901 3 months ago

I know off topic. So Stern is rumored to make another Marvel pin. I would love to see a DC pin based on the Dark knight Returns animated movie.
Watch the clip and it would be awesome to have that clip start Attack Mutants mode. Especially when Bats says “Mutants surrender or be destroyed.” Peter Wellers voice is awesome.
Also fighting Superman in the Bat armored suit. Build enough power for the suit to defeat Superman.
DC has not had much love over the years.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super off topic....and Batman needs to lay off the donuts with commissioner Gordon, damn! Maybe Scoob and the gang can figure out who's behind that cowl!?

#9925 3 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

What are your outline posts set, do you have rubbers on them and what is your pitch? I agree I can keep a ball going on high outlines with rubbers on, but I'd love to see the log of a 600 mil game. Do your games take 3 hours?

No outlane posts, took them right out, also installed shorter flippers to make the center drain wider by an extra inch. Games usually take 15mins to unmask all and make it over 500 million. Wish the game was more difficult.

#9943 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Thanks to pinsiders who helped make some improvements:
RussMyers - for the photos of making the outlane posts easily movable; this has made the game much more enjoyable with no more "hit a drop, drain a ball" action on that left side. I'm playing more frequently now. If left unchecked, this may lead to less sucky skills someday.
TSB_ - great low-cost improvement for the flipper button lighting; a few minutes made a huge difference.
Also for those who posted suggestions for cleaning up the speaker sound. Adding a shielded cable and audio extractor was easy and effective.
All three operations were straightforward and easy to accomplish, even for the mechanically inept.
[quoted image]

Holy poop that shines brighter! I looked up the old post from him, did you make them yourself? If so could you be so kind as to share the .stl? Thanks

#9954 3 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:How have your guys Scooby and any other Spooky games been holding up? Any of you have multiple. Have read some teething problems from Spooky games and a few guys say they are always down on their location. The local scooby seems to have held up every time I'm there so I dunno. About to pull trigger on a title but figured I'd ask from guys with several hundred or even thousands of games on their Spooky cabs.

A little over 300 games on mine since Oct 31st arrival. It's been rock solid until this week when I started having an issue with the bookcase flipper, likely just a small standard adjustment is needed, shouldn't be a big deal. There were a lot of complaints early on in the production run, Spooky has addressed I think everything but the occasional issue with the ball launcher, which IMO is a quick and easy adjustment IF it happens. I say if you like the game, go for it. As someone who had buyers remorse after I preordered, after getting the game I have no regrets because it's a really fun game. Also own Ultraman from Spooky which has been rock solid since early October.

#9986 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Not that my input is significant, but would you all like to be able to stack mystery machine multiball with a villain mode? I feel that those should be stackable and would help get through modes.
The scooby snack multiball is the only one stackable right?

Think about trying to crack the safe while multiball is in play, just wouldn't happen. Ha

#9997 3 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I hear Looney Tunes is also full of Bugs.

I see what you did there.....

#10047 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes…but remember…the earlies on every Spooky (pinball or what not) are trying to make sure everything goes smooth for everyone else. We aim to give you a trouble free, incredible experience.

You probably opened the PM flood gates to yourself and Spooky with everyone asking "how do I become an early adopter/beta tester!?!" Ha

Looks great!

#10122 3 months ago

Holy poop, I won the topper giveaway on Bug's Scream N Stream tonight! There might have been slight screaming....so excited!

#10153 3 months ago

Highly recommend hitting up Michaels. A huge sheet of plastic mesh is only $2.99 and it's enough to do three games! I tried just the new mesh at first but thought it was too much, so like others I put the original black back in and placed the new mesh on top. Night and day difference from the original!

Next up...upper playfield blacklight. Picked up a blacklight LED strip from Five Below today. However, I like the idea of tying a 12v strip in for better blending with the games lighting controls, as posted yesterday. Maybe another time.

PXL_20240120_210637879 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_210637879 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_212346909 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_212346909 (resized).jpg
#10154 3 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Hey Spooky I’ve had this ball trap happen a few times and it’s a bummer but it’s pinball and it happens. The real stinger is when the ball search kicks in and can’t release it so it just adds another ball to continue play. This is normally fine (except on SD) but as soon as you knock the stuck ball loose and let one of the balls drain (to get back to normal play) SD just gets confused and the game kills that ball as if you only had one on the playfield. Hopefully Spooky can figure out a way to keep track of all the balls and not kill your ball just after ball search and a chase ball is released.
[quoted image]

Most of us have been hit with this ball trap I think. IIRC, it even happened to Bug on a stream. If there's a programmable way to fix, I'm sure they will. But I don't think these drop targets are dual controlled, they can be shot back up into place, but not dropped by programming. And yes, then the ball search fails and spits out a new ball, making the next part...fun, basically giving you a 2 for 1 multiball, but drain one and it's the end of the round. It's kind of a problem to put logic in there for that because what if you had a ball trap that you couldn't/didn't knock it out of? Then it "knows" there's two balls, but how does it know when to end if sometimes you can recover the traped ball with another, sometimes you can't. Or you avoid releasing the trap ball and now have "endless" play.

#10157 3 months ago

$5 blacklight from Five Below for the win! Stuck on the cabinet just above the upper playfield and took the cable straight up to the backbox and used the spare USB port...which I may need once the new topper comes? Ha. I have USB splitters though so should be fine.

Wizard Mod's speaker graphic will be here next week, and also 3D printing the button illumination washers and mine shaft. Tis the season to mod!
PXL_20240120_220828497 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_220828497 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_220942013 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_220942013 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_221327429 (resized).jpgPXL_20240120_221327429 (resized).jpg

#10161 3 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

So that is just the original black mesh with the aftermarket white mesh on top? (That is, the black is closer to the light and white is closer to the player?)
If so, what does that enhance ultimately?

First the holes in the aftermarket mesh don't align perfectly to the original, so it's not a total overlap that would degrade even more of the illumination. The white is reflective against the LEDs unlike black so it still disperses the light even when the black is on top of it. The black is more of a way to control the brightness, a defuser if you will. Some people may like it with just the white so it's really bright, but it just stuck out too much for me personally. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of just the white. I think there's one a page or two back though.

#10162 3 months ago

One more for tonight..made a secret passage sign. Did this on my laser engraver, ripping off the modder selling something similar on here. Will pick up some stain tomorrow to get it a bit darker, but really happy with how it turned out.
PXL_20240121_025305667 (resized).jpgPXL_20240121_025305667 (resized).jpg

#10165 3 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

The “Secret Passage” sign?
That was actually my idea. I took a very similar mod that was made exclusively for Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle to my friends at Outpost Kodelia to have them remake in that style for Scooby-Doo. It turned out great and they sell it under the NinjaCamp brand.

Whoops, yeah forgot to say what exactly it was in the post. Long day, ha. Edited though. But yeah, great idea man!

#10172 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Scooby Snack Multi (should be called SNACK FRENZY)

That name just isn't working for me, but probably because I can only hear in my head the current callout when you activate it, ha. I need to pay more attention to how many Scooby Snacks I'm getting. I don't recall that being displayed at end of game. Maybe there should be a "top score" list for Scooby snacks collected? Though I'd want that for Ultraman's Spacium too. Ha.

#10185 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Thanks for the speaker mod whom ever posted it up!
Also while there I used the same material to light up the flipper buttons. Used the action button as a stencil.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh damn! Didn't think about trying it on the flippers! Brilliant!

#10187 3 months ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

Would be awesome if there was a running list of all of these mods! I need to get to work.
Anybody else get their ball stuck on the side of capt cutler? It’s the place my ball gets stuck the most.

Not I. Photo?

#10188 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Thanks for the speaker mod whom ever posted it up!
Also while there I used the same material to light up the flipper buttons. Used the action button as a stencil.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome, it works like a charm. I'm impressed by how simple this mod is for anyone to do, no need for a 3D printer! For those who try this, remember to take out the screws that hold the plastic piece that prevents the nut from spinning. I was puzzled why the nut was so hard to twist at first. lol.

PXL_20240121_220642711 (resized).jpgPXL_20240121_220642711 (resized).jpg

#10196 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

I'm curious how this looks also. Did anyone else purchase the CE wixzmod for the speaker panel or door? If so can you post with theme thoughts and results?

Take a look at the thread image gallery, about six pages in I think and you'll see a few people with them. My speaker panel will be here hopefully next week. Didn't feel the need for the coin door, wanted to retain some of that beautiful green.

#10214 3 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

Yeah, having it light up when the magnet is active would be crazy cool...

Genius! I'll look into this, I have a couple ideas on how that could work, but am also scared to touch anything with the magnets after talking with the FAST guys, ha.

Quoted from beltking:

Bug can you make new light boards that have cutouts to move outlane posts easily? I’ll buy them!! Just need left and right.
Like you did for LT. Morgan said you don’t have them. Lmk

Seems like a pretty huge ask give the work required and outsourcing to make the boards. Easier to have a spacer and longer screw set to purchase.

#10217 3 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Is there something I need to do to get to adult mod? I click yes and it goes back to no. Any suggestions. Thanks

There is no Adult mode. It's a joke option. That's why it says things like "this isn't that type of game!"

#10239 3 months ago

Another day, another mod added....I went back and forth on the speaker magnet graphics for months, but finally pulled the trigger and happy that I did. Slapped the license plate on the coin door.

Don't laugh at my pathetic scores.....not a day goes by that I don't hear how SOMEONE isn't impressed in the game, ha

PXL_20240123_235051339 (resized).jpgPXL_20240123_235051339 (resized).jpg
#10247 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

I'm in the same boat with this. Going back and forth. Looks really nice. My main concern is the CE number placement and if easy enough to cut a rectangle in the magnet

You could just peel the license plate off and stick it right back on top of the magnet. That said, if you don't like it and try to peel it off, it could harm the magnet graphics. With a good razor blade, yes you could cut the stuff. I saw one other person do this and personally I didn't like the mixture between the two design styles, better separated, but that's just my personal taste.

#10260 3 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

OK so I plugged in both Outlane PCBs at where I felt like the problem was and it's the Right Outlane PCB, because I plugged both in at that connection point and Right didn't work and Left did. I was able to find a long ethernet cord and bypass the Right Outlane PCB and all the lights including the Left Outlane PCB work fine now.
So three questions:
1. Is it the PCB board or something on the main MOSFET board? And how can I check that?
2. Can those bolts not touch the board at all? I'm guessing I don't want to leave it hanging and risk it bouncing up and down and making contact again.
3. Where can I order a new Right Outlane PCB? Doh... sigh.

Put electrical tape over the bolt of the lane post to protect the board. It's a design oversight unfortunately but with a little electrical tape it's an easy workaround. They corrected this on the two new games for what it's worth (they learn and improve!). You'll also notice the board won't sit level any longer but it won't impact the lighting. On Spooky's site there are schematics. Hopefully it's something simple in the end.

Reach out to Spooky [email protected]. FYI they are closed Friday-Sunday.

#10262 3 months ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

Very good news tonight. Our Scooby is back and ready to roll and that new code feels so good!
It was down for a while because of all things, a short in the 12 volt, quickly fixed by the most minor of adjustments!
I cannot overstate, especially as a first time owner, how well the company treated and helped me, even when the problem was truly a mystery worth of the gang themselves.
A very heartfelt and special thanks to both Spooky AJ for the best customer support you could ask for (the guy works like no tomorrow!) and my pal usafstars who were both dauntless in helping me until we figured out the problem, provided a ton of support for the new guy, and provided lots of laughs!
I want to reiterate how this hobby should always be filled with joy and friends, and how I feel Spooky as a whole exemplifies that, and I could not have felt more comfortable or happy being a first time owner and trusting in them. A big fun toy that you look forward to playing to going down is never easy or fun, but the team, and this community as a whole, made it bearable and rewarding. I know come out knowing that much more about how to own and maintain a machine.
For those of you who are also new, or are going to be, fear not, for both the company and the community have your back, and I can only hope to pay it forward as time goes by. Whether it's Scooby, TCM, or Looney Tunes, you are making a great choice, and supporting an always caring and creative company.
Truly, the 12 volt ghost would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids at Spooky Pinball![quoted image]

That's awesome, glad you can enjoy the game in full now! If you get a few minutes between solving new mysteries, do you mind adding a recap of what was wrong and specifically what/how it was fixed and where? What was the minor adjustment that was made exactly? This way it's there if anyone else has a similar issue.

#10281 3 months ago
Quoted from Jammer55826:

I'll add my embarrassing admission to the list. I can't seem to beat Space Kook. I can hit the spinners no problem any other time, but not during that mode. Then, to top it off, the few times that I made it to the final shot, I suddenly forgot how to shoot the mystery machine.

I've beat everyone at least once. Black Knight, Captain Cutler, and Space Kook are a biznatch. Beat Space Kook twice, the others once. BK usually gets me with the upper playfield bottom orbit, or the lower playfield far left orbit. The other day I got all of BKs, but as I hit the last one it shot straight down the drain. The game got turned off and I walked away, lol

#10289 3 months ago

I've had a mod in mind for a few days now that I'm pretty excited about. Here's the very first development photo. I don't want to give anything away yet but I'm excited enough that I have a new 3D printer arriving tomorrow to pull this off! I'm hoping to unveil it in a couple of weeks!

PXL_20240126_034554293 (resized).jpgPXL_20240126_034554293 (resized).jpg
#10291 3 months ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

This machine is loaded and only continues to gain more cool toys inside!

I'm really thinking about buying the apron mod. It looks awesome but pricey. Given that we're going to be pulling the trigger on a new furnace in the next couple of days, I probably shouldn't. Was also hoping to buy Godzilla soon but the furnace is going to kill that fun too. Haha

#10323 89 days ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Where are we at with new toppers being shipped out? Thanks!

End of the month I do believe, so maybe next week.

Quoted from Phern:

Apron was really worth it and nice addition to the game. If you have the budget for it, like GC said, it is by the same person, Matt, who did all the sculpts for spooky. It looks like it belongs as original.
Speaking of mods, anyone have any experience with the ghost sculpt add on?

What is this ghost sculpt addon you speak of??

#10324 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

It used to be available from Matt direct but now is only available on Cointaker. I would order when you can no idea when or if it will no longer be made.
I would think you could resell it if you don't want it.
Totally up to you

I saw it on Cointaker. Was going to order direct from Backalley but their site has been down and was supposed to be back up last Monday. But maybe that wouldn't be an option anyways.

#10368 88 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

How is the code? I watched a video made back in May that said the code was bare bones and had no ball search. Has any of that changed for the better? Do you feel the code is good enough to enjoy the game?

There have been 8 updates to the game since that time. The game is no longer "bare bones" and ball search has been implemented for a while. It's a full, very fun, but challenging game. The wizard modes I think are the last big things to come at this point. Co-op mode was just introduced too, which is great!

#10371 88 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you see that again, I'd suggest giving service a call. That's almost 100% caused by a disconnect between the computer and the Warden.

I read this post, went to play a game and then had almost the exact same thing happen, except it occurred when my ball drained. Lights and flippers active, voices still going, no ball search, start button didn't add a second player, and coin door buttons didn't do anything. Turned off and back on and good to go again. First time out of 30 games on 1.7.24 code this has happened.

#10387 87 days ago

Spent the entire weekend (25+hrs) working on a new mod. As mentioned previously, my first 3D printer arrived Friday and I went full steam ahead customizing 3 specific parts. Inside each of these parts (6 total) will be LEDs controlled by a Arduino Nano using break beam sensors. I got handy with Tinkercad fairly quick and everything's coming out even better than I thought it would. Final 3D prints are finishing up in the next 10 minutes. Also laser engraving some additional parts and already did paint testing on everything. I should have it painted up and installed without electronics Tuesday, but have some work to do on the programming side. From my prototypes, it blends into the game really well. These 3D prints don't stick out like a sore thumb (looking at you Galactic Tank Force!)

I'm planning to unveil everything on Saturday or Sunday. Because much of this mod plays off someone else's work (though I've heavily modified it, it's on steroids!), I likely won't sell it unless they give me their blessing. I could see offering up the full plans for free to those who can/want to remake it themselves and then offer the ability to purchase it for those who just want it without the hassle. Or...everyone hates it and it's super unique to my machine? ha!

#10477 82 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I asked about this when I had to get my board replaced. The answer Spooky gave me was that when they were making a portion of the main boards they got a batch of MOSFETs that were bad. The problem is there is no reliable way to test these little pieces of silicone for flaws without some very specialized equipment. The good news was that they said they believe the bad MOSFETs have all been used and mostly identified - if not in the most efficient manner - by us who have had boards go bad.
They also had me send back the old board, so I am betting they are doing some kind of post-mortem on these so they can identify any kind of way they can test for these issues in the future.
The VERY good news is that Spooky cares and will send you a new board in a heartbeat if the one you have goes bad. I have been on the second board for a few months with no issues and the first one lasted well over 500 games in a home environment.

Yup, you're probably looking at a specialized x-ray machine. I used to work at Shure (biggest microphone company) and they had them. Was super cool to see x-rayed electronics under magnification!

#10524 79 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Does Spooky respond to emails? I've sent two with no responses.

What email did you use? Yes they are very good about responding actually.

2 weeks later
#10727 65 days ago

Work has been crazy the last few weeks which pushed my upcoming mod progress way back. With a 4 day weekend I've spent about 30hrs so far redesigning, prototyping, programing, and painting it. With that awesome bookcase flipper mod just released, maybe I should push my mod back a bit, ha.

Soon this will be sitting at the bottom of my cabinet (and yours?) to run a huge playfield mod.

PXL_20240219_190137667 (resized).jpgPXL_20240219_190137667 (resized).jpg
#10729 65 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Anyone else seeing the Green Ghoul not being triggered when it should? Happens more on the left rollover, but I've seen it happen on both. Sometimes it takes three or four times on the left side to actually trigger it. The rollover switch works fine, just doesn't always trigger the hurry up after its lit.

I'm pretty sure mine has been 100% on point. Twice I've had dual Green Ghoul's and hit them both on a single shot when they overlap, pretty satisfying!

#10733 65 days ago

I got hit up by a few people after posting my custom laser engraved castle signs a couple of months back, so I decided to toss them on my Pinside store. Hopefully I don't cause any bad blood on here as I know there's another person that makes castle signs, but I'm offering a different look and wording on one of them.

Pinbald store: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1582-pinbald-mods

PXL_20240220_013605640 (resized).jpgPXL_20240220_013605640 (resized).jpgPXL_20240220_013615248 (resized).jpgPXL_20240220_013615248 (resized).jpgPXL_20240220_013631264 (resized).jpgPXL_20240220_013631264 (resized).jpg
#10740 63 days ago

Looks awesome! Just ordered the pair. Thank you!

Awesome, thank you! First round of orders are going out tomorrow!

#10749 60 days ago

Huge thank you to everyone who ordered castle signs this week! It's awesome creating something that others want to add to their game too! I hope you all enjoy the mods. All orders were shipped out between yesterday and today, including an order that came in 20 minutes before I left to drop the others off this morning.

#10751 60 days ago
Quoted from Jammer55826:

I’m planning on getting a set as well, but I’m waiting to see what your other “mystery” mod is before I place an order.

Awesome! FYI it's free shipping on the signs and the other mod is unrelated to the signs, also in a different area of the game. Home stretch on it, just want to make sure I get it right and it's not rushed out!

#10753 60 days ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

Any word if the Ghost Clown will be included in a future update? Would be awesome to have his plastic in the upper right hand (dark corner) light up along with the gameplay as well.

I meant to check this out, is there even an LED under it?

#10755 60 days ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

There appears to be an opening where he is to place an LED. Or maybe there is something there but not easily seen…

Took a look. There's definitely no lighting in there, which I find strange. The wire going through the hole under ghost clown is for the bravery meter. I definitely see a way forward though to get an LED under there and I think I know where to power it safely. I'll see what I can come up with. In other news.... While taking a look around, I pull out an LED from the GI lamp and dropped it. Spent at least 15 minutes trying to find it underneath the upper playfield....nothing. ugh. Not a freaking clue where ended up and I'm not taking that upper play field apart lol

#10784 58 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just finished up a decent game on Scooby and pushed my GC up a little. Man I can’t wait to see what Spooky has up their sleeve for the first wizard mode.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good lord, I haven't even broke 10 million since getting it in October, lol

#10837 55 days ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:Are you saying that we can order direct from Spooky ? I originally thought that I had to buy the
Topper from my distributor . I have contacted the distro twice asking to send me an invoice but nothing yet ? I much prefer direct if that is possible … please confirm the direct or distro if you know . Thanks

Spooky asked that everyone order though the distributor that you purchased your game from. Tosses the distributors some bones in good faith. If you bought your game second hand, it sounded like Spooky would work with you directly.

#10862 53 days ago

Found out there was a mini comic con going on down the road from me. Ended up scoring a Scooby Doo print from an artist. Will be putting this next to the pin, obviously.

PXL_20240302_200614703 (resized).jpgPXL_20240302_200614703 (resized).jpg
#10905 49 days ago

Pulled the trigger finally.....Back Alley apron mod and Gold City Mine Rock Trail has been ordered. Probably should pull the trigger on the Ghoul hands mod as well to pull it all together. Ha

#10959 47 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Bug said on his twitch stream 10-20 are being shipped per week. I am 143, so I am thinking it is going to be six-eight weeks.

Hmm...wonder where they'll slip the one I won in...but I can't complain, it gets here when it gets here.

#11005 45 days ago

Got the rest of my mods in plus added an HDMI audio extractor also. Highly recommend installing one. Don’t hear any hum or noise from the speakers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks again for purchasing the signs! By design the rope on the right one is meant to span over the castle brick next to Wolfman too, to pull it up higher and cover the screw. However, if you like it lower, all good man!

#11037 43 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Are the CEs direct print cabs? It sure looks like the BSE is direct printed. These don't look like decals. Check those edges.
[quoted image]

Only if you pay extra for the "butter" option is it directly printed. They wrap the wood with the vinyl before putting the cabinet together, so everything tucks in once they put the pieces together.

#11108 42 days ago

Holy points, Batman! Clearly Spooky is tired of some of you folks whining about not getting a trillion points on ball 1. I've never gotten over 10 million, but a quick crap game I got 18 million, lol. Alright, I admit it, it feels good! Didn't see if he does, but besides reverse flippers, would be hilarious if the clown took AWAY points....Would need to turn it off for competition or someone would send some Acme TNT to Spooky HQ lol

#11130 41 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just now finally got to watch the SpookyBug stream with the wizard mode. I almost felt bad for him when his initials were coded to change to AJ, but I was laughing too hard. Expert level prank! If you didn't catch it, here is the moment:

The whole Spooky team is really killing it on every level. I need to upload the code to Scooby today. Can't wait until LT arrives!

That was the funniest damn thing!

2 weeks later
#11460 23 days ago

Just played my 500th game. Happened to check audit and was at 499, of course I had to play one more. I've still yet to get reverse flippers, but also just changed the chances of getting it setting to normal from low. Yesterday I got a new GC score...then accidently entered my initials wrong, ugh. Ha

#11498 18 days ago

I may have found a new bug (will shoot over to Spooky). Don't recall seeing anyone post this, but I was on The Creeper and pounding the action button to keep the paper away (third time having to keep it away), at the same time I unmasked him. Instead of the unmasking video I was still hitting the action button to keep the paper away. Once the unmasking video played (audio only, video still showed me keeping the paper away) it kicked out of the villain mode and I got a grey screen instead of the map. New show videos would play if I hit certain shots, then it would go back to the grey screen. Issue resolved once I drained the 3rd ball. Thankfully I was able to get video and photos.

PXL_20240407_032104456 (resized).jpgPXL_20240407_032104456 (resized).jpg
#11503 16 days ago

Questions for the group:

1. Remember when Scooby was announced/shown and everyone said wow, it's already so packed it's going to be difficult for people to make new mods!

2. Are you guys tired of new mods coming out for Scooby a year later?

3. Do you want one more mod to be released this weekend?

4. What about THREE new mods?

Just curious....no reason.....umm...yeah....unrelated, I thought the coloring looked cool in this photo I took.

Feeling cute, may post again this weekend. Bye.

PXL_20240409_020425732~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240409_020425732~2 (resized).jpg
#11519 15 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Haha! The suspense has been building for sometime now. Just saying. Let’s see what ya got for us.

That's fair. I honestly expected to release the main one almost two months ago. But then I started almost from scratch to make it far better. I shared far too early on that, my bad on the initial tease. But now, all three are in my machine, fully working. The reason for not showing, there are a lot of other crafty people in here. Showing early before ready to sell could cause someone else to swoop in. I've spent a crazy amount of hours on this stuff, so I'd rather get a head start before someone else comes in with their own version, if they do.

#11581 10 days ago

Three new Scooby Doo pinball mods are here!!!

Get 10% if you order by 4/21/2024 by using coupon code: KHWF-SURG-XM4Q-TWYA

Orders that only include the dome and/or barricade will ship in 1 week. Orders that include the mineshaft won't ship for 2-4 weeks, depending on demand (I'll communicate if the time increases).

Free shipping for orders over $200! Shipping is $20 for the Mine Shaft, but each additional item is only $1 more for shipping. Shipping cost for the domes, barricade, and signs is $10 for the first item, $1 for each additional item (minus the Mine Shaft of course...$20 for that..). All shipping will be through FedEx or UPS.

More information and photos available on each product's page.

- Brave Boy Domes: https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1582-pinbald-mods/10680-brave-boy-domes
- Mine Shaft Wooden Barricade: https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1582-pinbald-mods/10681-mine-shaft-wooden-barricade-
- Gold City LED Mine Shaft (and a non-LED version): https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1582-pinbald-mods/10682-gold-city-led-mine-shaft

::Brave Boy Domes::
Swap out those basic Bravery Meter dome covers on your Scooby Doo with these Brave Boy Domes! Each order comes with 4 new translucent 3D printed domes (red/purple/blue/green).

::Mine Shaft Wooden Barricade::
Replace that flat "Gold City Mine" acrylic stock sign with this 3D printed barricade that more closely resembles the entrance from that classic episode!

::Gold City LED Mine Shaft::
The Gold City LED Mine Shaft includes a break-beam sensor that makes the lights blink randomly 10x when the beam is tripped by a ball going down the habitrail! It uses an open 5v connection on the power board in the cabinet. I've also included a cheaper option for just the mine shaft with no electronics.

VIDEO:

Hope it was worth the wait!

PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
#11587 10 days ago

Well...that explains why I keep seeing 007 ads on this thread....anyone know how to remove the linked game?

Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
#11597 6 days ago

Ordered the apron mod and rock trail over a month ago from Cointaker. The rock trail showed up in a week, but still waiting on the apron. Sent them an email the other morning asking for an update since their site doesn't have an account login. Didn't hear back, but got a FedEx notification that I have a shipment being delivered tomorrow.....from cointaker, ha. I think they forgot about me and were like "oh crap!"

#11621 5 days ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

I received my new Brave Boy Domes and installed them today. Looking good! [quoted image]

Thanks for posting, glad you like them!

#11622 5 days ago

Had a few people ask about the airfield sign since it wasn't part of my new product releases last weekend. NinjaCamp already remade it in 3D form and it looks great. So coming up with something else in that small space has been a bit of a challenge. I rewatched the Space Kook episode last night and thought...how about that fenced entry to the airfield? So...this was my take on it. Thoughts? Honestly feel the front of an airplane would be cool, but had some complications with it. With this fence, does anyone else think it's just too much sign/blockage between the fence and the wooden barricade?

PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wastedthelight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.