(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,678 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Megeant
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,678 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 234.
#5201 11 months ago

Hey, has anyone had trouble with a ball "sometimes" bouncing around inside of the right VUK (under Mystery Machine), unable to get ejected? Mine works well with a ball lock or more than one ball in it, but an early shot before ball lock can bounce around inside of it forever.

#5202 11 months ago
Quoted from taz:

Hey, has anyone had trouble with a ball "sometimes" bouncing around inside of the right VUK (under Mystery Machine), unable to get ejected? Mine works well with a ball lock or more than one ball in it, but an early shot before ball lock can bounce around inside of it forever.

Mine did that also , it was hitting the edge of one of the optos , I had to take the upper Pf off and move the opto about 1mm

#5203 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Mine did that also , it was hitting the edge of one of the optos , I had to take the upper Pf off and move the opto about 1mm

Thats a lot work done there. Was it tough getting the upper playfield off. Spooky needs to do a how to video.

#5204 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thats a lot work done there. Was it tough getting the upper playfield off. Spooky needs to do a how to video.

They have done a very informative video on how to take off the upper pf.

It's a bit of work, and probably best doing it with two people, but they've certainly posted a video.

#5205 11 months ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

I replaced with Voodoo. I've used PDI in the past, but it just got too pricey. Voodoo looks great. No issues.

I spoke too soon. Noticed a line running down the glass. The apron ball locks light cover is rubbing across the glass when i pull it in and out. I need to see if i can lower the apron or the ball lock assembly.

#5206 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

mine wasn't the VUK, it was the kickout coil just under the mystery machine, as the ball leaves the coil it would catch the edge of the one opto , the furthest left one on the ball return track.

#5207 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

They have done a very informative video on how to take off the upper pf.
It's a bit of work, and probably best doing it with two people, but they've certainly posted a video.

There is that video which Spooky can provide and Damonator very kindly and accurately provided a point by point description/how-to (#4475 post) which is now in key posts that is very easy to follow. We’ve tried it. Flawless. Thank you Damonator. We added notes along the way and put tags on certain bundles just to make it a bit easier to put back together. My husband is the technician here..haha..and managed to do it on his own. A second pair of hands might have been useful but I tend to be in the way more than I actually help.

#5208 11 months ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

There is that video which Spooky can provide and Damonator very kindly and accurately provided a point by point description/how-to (#4475 post) which is now in key posts that is very easy to follow. We’ve tried it. Flawless. Thank you Damonator. We added notes along the way and put tags on certain bundles just to make it a bit easier to put back together. My husband is the technician here..haha..and managed to do it on his own. A second pair of hands might have been useful but I tend to be in the way more than I actually help.

Is this an unlisted video or something? I've not seen a video from Spooky detailing upper pf removal.

#5209 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Is this an unlisted video or something? I've not seen a video from Spooky detailing upper pf removal.

I think you can request it from Spooky. Not certain if it is available on here or not. I would certainly recommend Damonator's painstaking direction though as opposed to trying to translate a video while you are doing the work. It's pretty extensive and pretty specific relative to which wires, parts, screws and when.

#5210 11 months ago

Anyone else had a ball trapped in the void under the left ramp? I've had it get in there 3 times now and AJ said he hasn't heard of it happening when I asked if a protector was in the works

20230517_143242 (resized).jpg20230517_143242 (resized).jpg

#5211 11 months ago

Just another little improvement I did the other day. I noticed that the flipper buttons were dim compared to the action button on the lock bar. The neopixel ring, used to light the buttons, is pressed directly against the cabinet. Adding a 1/16” clear washer between the cabinet and the LEDs allows them to light the button much better.
I 3D printed a pair of washers out of clear filament, but laser cutting them from 1/16” thick acrylic would work equally well.

Left flipper button has the washer, right flipper button is factory:

SpookyLuke this would be a simple addition on the assembly line.
0107CFB4-5263-4402-A082-AC135F00CEB2 (resized).jpeg0107CFB4-5263-4402-A082-AC135F00CEB2 (resized).jpeg1DA5F465-7DB6-459B-8E0A-88B24BE98981 (resized).png1DA5F465-7DB6-459B-8E0A-88B24BE98981 (resized).png

Edit: I'll make these in batches of 10-15 sets (packaging takes more time than I thought. doing them in groups is way better). Just PM me, and I'll respond back as a new batch is ready.

#5212 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

Just another little improvement I did the other day. I noticed that the flipper buttons were dim compared to the action button on the lock bar. The neopixel ring, used to light the buttons, is pressed directly against the cabinet. Adding a 1/16” clear washer between the cabinet and the LEDs allows them to light the button much better.
I 3D printed a pair of washers out of clear filament, but laser cutting them from 1/16” thick acrylic would work equally well.
SpookyLuke this would be a simple addition on the assembly line. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Huge improvement! Would like to have those for sure. Would buy a set. The flipper buttons are really dim. And with new code for lights they get really dim when your playing plus the action button does.

#5213 11 months ago

Wow. Huge improvement! Would like to have those for sure. Would buy a set. The flipper buttons are really dim. And with new code for lights they get really dim when your playing plus the action button does.

Pm me your info.

#5214 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

SpookyLuke this would be a simple addition on the assembly line. [quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea!

I dislike how they placed the led ring under the button nut. Compressing the leds and board between the nut and the wood...

#5215 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

Hardware store have anything round and just use a step drill bit to drill center out maybe.?

#5216 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hardware store have anything round and just use a step drill bit to drill center out maybe.?

Probably, but I have the 3d printer and clear filament on-hand. It would have cost me more in gas than it cost me in filament (I'm not super close to any hardware stores).
It would definitely be faster and cheaper (if you had a laser cutter) to make them out of 1/16" thick acrylic. I just don't have that handy.

#5217 11 months ago

#5218 11 months ago

Setup Scooby today. No issues out of the box. Plays as it should.

IMG_3631 (resized).jpegIMG_3631 (resized).jpeg
#5219 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

Pm me your info.

PM sent

#5220 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

I can vouch for Jeff's prints incase he's planning to sell these. He has his printer settings dialed in

#5221 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I can vouch for Jeff's prints incase he's planning to sell these. He has his printer settings dialed in

I appreciate the sentiment. I'm always happy to print extras of what I make for my own machines.
I've already packaged up a half-dozen of these for fellow Scooby-Doo! owners that pm'd me directly.

#5222 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

I appreciate the sentiment. I'm always happy to print extras of what I make for my own machines.
I've already packaged up a half-dozen of these for fellow Scooby-Doo! owners that pm'd me directly.

Ordered a set. Thanks Jeff!! Will post pics when I get them installed

#5223 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

The updated lighting controller brings some really nice changes to the light show. Will be interesting to see how they leverage this in future code updates.

Has anybody received the new light board without asking for it? Still waiting on mine for ce 98#. Don't wanna call but guess I should at thus point.

#5224 11 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

Has anybody received the new light board without asking for it? Still waiting on mine for ce 98#. Don't wanna call but guess I should at thus point.

I sent an email today for #184 since I would have thought it may have at least shipped by now. Wanted to send out an email before I totally forget about it!

#5225 11 months ago

I would like my light board. My lights still never change colors.

#5226 11 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

I received it without asking for it. CE #66

#5227 11 months ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I received it without asking for it. CE #66

Same here for #77. The new light show makes a bigger difference than I thought it would! The colors even change depending on which character you choose!

#5228 11 months ago

got mine last week w/o asking #81, they are coming be patient

#5229 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Setup Scooby today. No issues out of the box. Plays as it should.
[quoted image]

Looks good! What number?

#5230 11 months ago

Those target decals have taken a beating. Is t

Quoted from J_Striker:

got mine last week w/o asking #81, they are coming be patient

Sounds like they are going out in order, higher numbers will have to wait likely

#5231 11 months ago

#484 Spooky direct order invoiced today.

#5232 11 months ago

Just got Invoiced. Paid for #469. Direct order.
No Butter. Really wanted a Butter Cabinet, but Butter money was redirected toward a Final Resistance P3 module.

#5233 11 months ago

Arrived today. Will put in tomorrow. They are on scale with Charlie.
[quoted image]

Thinking of somehow mounting them all around the topper.

IMG_0281 (resized).jpegIMG_0281 (resized).jpeg
#5234 11 months ago

mkk629

Are these the same ones that BallyKISS1978 got? I found sets on ebay that say 5".

Thanks

Quoted from mkk629:

Thinking of somehow mounting them all around the topper.[quoted image]

#5235 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No video, but here are the exact steps for removing the upper playfield:
With playfield lifted, disconnect the 2 blue network cables from the main board and the white 5 pin and white 4 pin plugs (solenoid power) from the z-connectors. Label the blue network cables if they are not already - one is for switches, the other leds.
Clip any wire ties that would prevent the disconnected wires from feeding into the lower playfield cutout.
Lower the playfield.
Remove stone wall from front of upper playfield (2 wood screws).
Remove mystery machine (2 wood screws) and disconnect network cable from inside van.
Remove orange wireform (1 screw).
Remove UPPER purple wireform (1 11/32 nut).
Remove blue wireform (1 11/32 nut).
Remove the large upper playfield plastic (3 5/16 nuts).
Remove 2 square head wood screws on right side of upper playfield now exposed by removing large plastic.
Unplug and remove left spotlight (1 screw and 1 hexpost).
Remove leftmost plastic (3 5/16 nuts) to allow for easier removal of screws in next step.
Remove 2 ¼ wood screws from left woodrail on lower playfield (frees the bracket holding up the left side of upper playfield).
Remove topmost plastic and cut zip tie (3 machine screws).
Remove entrance gate (1 5/16 nut) and plastic post (1 ¼ post screw) – this will allow the guide rail to flex backwards in order to clear the entrance ramp when removing.
Remove 2 entrance ramp screws.
Carefully lift front of upper playfield slightly to separate, then gently pull forward to clear the entrance ramp.
Feed disconnected wires up through lower playfield cutout and you should be free!

They need to make a video

#5236 11 months ago

Invoice for #498 came today. I'm pretty impressed for how quickly Spooky seems to be turning these pins out for a manufacturer of their size. @spookybug, I give you full permission to overly QC the crap out of that one, my kids are excited to play it. Almost as much as I am.

#5237 11 months ago

Can I get a mod where someone replaces the Mystery Vans front Windshield with a small LCD screen that has the gang doing funny animations on loop. Man that would be awesome. Just wishful thinking that will never happen, but still that would be great.

#5238 11 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

mkk629
Are these the same ones that BallyKISS1978 got? I found sets on ebay that say 5".
Thanks

I believe so. Most of them I got several years ago.

#5239 11 months ago
Quoted from Castlecade:

They need to make a video

There is a video available. Just ask Spooky for it if you need it. It’s already been mentioned in the thread.

#5240 11 months ago

I haven't received my updated light board either (#26) , but a quick email to AJ and he is shipping it out. Suggest anyone waiting for their board to do the same.

#5241 11 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

mkk629
Thanks

Those are the correct ones.

#5242 11 months ago

The BallyKISS1978 figures look awesome. I like the ones he picked, as they are some from the set that don't have elbow/knee joints. Cheapest mod I've bought.

Be careful searching ebay (or... enjoy searching eBay depending on your taste). There are some raunchy Scooby Doo figures out there...

#5243 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Be careful searching ebay (or... enjoy searching eBay depending on your taste). There are some raunchy Scooby Doo figures out there...

rushing to ebay.....

#5244 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

The BallyKISS1978 figures look awesome. I like the ones he picked, as they are some from the set that don't have elbow/knee joints. Cheapest mod I've bought.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

rushing to ebay.....

Yessir! From Ebay! And this was a tame example

Screenshot_20230522_224224_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230522_224224_eBay (resized).jpg
#5245 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah there is a raunchy one with Scooby and Daphne.

#5246 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yessir! From Ebay! And this was a tame example
[quoted image]

Maybe spooky should have used this art. May have sold out already. Lol

#5247 11 months ago

#517 invoiced and paid yesterday. This is via Kingpin Games and will ship in about 3 weeks or so the email said. No butter.

#5248 11 months ago

Installed the custom hands and apron today, then got mail and received some cool Scooby gifts as well.

IMG_8117 (resized).jpegIMG_8117 (resized).jpegIMG_8127 (resized).jpegIMG_8127 (resized).jpegIMG_8136 (resized).jpegIMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
#5249 11 months ago

Final invoice for 490 paid this morning. I ordered directly from Spooky.

#5250 11 months ago

Still waiting on #445 to ship. What’s the highest number received so far?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
8,100 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,678 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/105?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.