(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 1 year ago

Congrats on getting the pin! Hoping I get the email soon for final payment (#66).

#266 1 year ago

Another one to add to the 'just paid my invoice' list for those keeping track. I'm #66. No butter.

The family is super excited!

1 week later
#747 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think most will struggle with knowing what to hit, at least for the basic stuff. There are some layers of complexity, but everything has a callout, plus there is on screen text that will always display your main objective. If all else fails just shoot the flashing shot(s). We use three speeds, plus some special lightshows; but the faster it's flashing the more important that shot. Also for the most part in base gameplay every shot in the game is doing something: drop targets are spawning Scooby Snacks, standups are qualifying your ball save drop target, orbit shots are leveling up members of Mystery Inc., bashing Captain Cutler is qualifying Captain Cutler Multiball, spinners are qualifying Mystery Machine Multiball, etc.
Qualifying the first mode is 1-shot in easy, 2-shots in medium, and 3-shots in Zoinks. The number of hits does increase +1 for each mode you've previously completed, with a hard max of six shots to qualify any mode. I may look to change that to +1 per mode completed per ball at some point in the future; at least for the easy mode. Once you're in a mode there is always text during the introduction, plus a callout as the ball is ejected from the mystery machine. Once again, it's also going to be whatever is flashing the fastest. Mode progress is always accompanied by a lightshow, video clip, and on screen text. The number of clues does vary by mode, but once you complete the number listed as X / Y in the magnifying glass; you're on to your trap and unmasking shots.

Is there a flow map of how to do everything (ie start & complete each mode/other things to do & collect)? I remember when I got my WOZ there was a map I could print off which really helped us not-so-expert players. Maybe I missed it and this is already available.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Have not got a chance to get into the banners yet but it's on the list. I did however print up a whole bunch of backglass translates from scooby and all of our past titles all the way back to AMH. Ill be bringing them to shows to sell! Reach out to [email protected] if your interested in purchasing any of them she can also ship them right to you.

Will you be at the Allentown show?

#878 1 year ago

Just got an email from Morgan that #66 is ready to ship today or tomorrow.

Hopefully it got a good test before it went in the box!

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Believe me none of this is taken lightly and it's been front and center in the ship all week.

Here's hoping 66 was one of the 'front and center' pins this week. It arrives tomorrow! I have all the confidence that any issues will get resolved though, so it's all good.

I just spent a bunch of money on a Bronco and the manual transmission has a wonderful grinding noise. I have more faith in Spooky than Ford.

#1025 1 year ago

Got this from Morgan regarding my pin arriving tomorrow... "Check that the Tip and Tell (no blue sand above the line) has not been set off, and there is not any damage to the box." What is the Tip and Tell? This is my first Spooky pin.

#1128 1 year ago

Received CE66 today and happy to report that I had zero issues out of the box. Checked out the soldering, wire lengths/tightness, lights, habitrails, etc and all was good. Put a few games on it with the family and they love it (me too)!

We did have 1 ball get stuck. It was a rocket shot to the upper playfield and went straight down the blue habitrail before I could hit the left flipper button and it got stuck at the top of it. My wife and daughter didn't hit the left flipper at least 20 times (!!), but that was the only time it got stuck.

One question... what is this 9 pin connector for?
SD1 (resized).jpgSD1 (resized).jpgSD2 (resized).jpgSD2 (resized).jpg

#1133 1 year ago

OK, so dumb question... I've never had a pin with a button on the bar. What is it for/how is it used? I figured it was for the stand up target between the flippers, but that's not it.

Also, what is done that causes the ball to come up the VUK?

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! Just a friendly reminder to make sure your game is updated to v2023.02.25.00

My laptop is from my work. We are not allowed to use USB sticks any more for security reasons, so it's not possible for me to do that.

Any other options?

#1221 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Will have to go that route...

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It might also help to not scare off all the new people in the hobby who are awaiting or thinking of buying a new SD machines.

I can help... We've put a bunch of games on ours since getting it on Friday and have had zero issues outside of 1 ball getting stuck at the top of the blue habitrail.

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The lack of full code at this time, is impacting game play and enjoyment. Once character modes are added the habit trails will be flowing, apron locks will be available and the wizard mode added this game will feel much different and much better. But …. what do you think of game play so far? Is it sending shivers up your spine? Is it making you laugh? Does it seem fun to play? Solved any mysteries yet?

I'm just an average (at best) pinball player so SD not having full code yet doesn't impact my first impression. I have watched SD since I was little (I'm 55) and all of my kids grew up watching it too. We have most of the DVDs and have watched the original series countless times. The reason I mention that is because I was really hoping that Spooky tirelessly watched the original series to make this pure nostalgic enjoyment. It's obvious they did!!

Things I like:
1. Upper playfield and the bookcase flipper which is so creative. Books/book cases are in so many SD shows, not just the original series
2. All of the main villains are represented. Would liked to have seen the Snow Ghost, Ape Man and Tiki somewhere... maybe even just pictures of them on that long plastic on the right hand side.
3. Double set of drop targets.
4. That there isn't a 3rd flipper (not a fan)
5. Art work. Absolutely beautiful
6. Wide body
7. Call outs and background music (although a few are pretty repetitive)
8. Well done toys

Things I don't like so much:
1. I like initial plunges to go to pop bumpers (I know, I'm old school)
2. To long of a delay of auto ball launch
3. 2 left drain lanes
4. Kind of a long delay waiting for the ball to drop after starting a mode

First game yesterday I had 5.3M on my first ball (ended up with 5.9M... lol) and completed several modes.

Overall, the pin hit the nostalgia mark dead on, it's fun to flip and the family loves playing it. That's a great pin to me.

#1839 1 year ago

It's only been a week since we got our SD, but happy to report that we still haven't had any issues out of the box aside from 1 ball getting stuck coming down from the upper playfield.

Seems like recent ones have much better quality too!

#2197 1 year ago

2 weeks of ownership tomorrow. Really like the pin and so does the family... plus still no issues, which never hurts.

As I'm average at best, I've been playing different parts of the pin each game; upper playfield (cutler), upper playfield (loops/ramps), loops, spinners, ramps, etc as an attempt to be able to put a full game together down the road. Having fun taking that approach!

2 weeks later
#3024 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Serious question… is the shaker even programmed in yet? Mine doesn’t do anything currently.

Shaker works in mine...

#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Odd question but does it make a rattle sound? I have to look at mine tonight as I'm not sure if the 'sound' when the shaker is on is expected.

I feel it as a hard vibration. There is a sound, but not really loud.

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Quick question, is the Scooby head supposed to go all the way down in the barrel where he pops out? Mine is only partially down, wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to be?

Along those lines... I don't remember Scooby popping down/up. How/when does that happen?

#3400 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And just to confirm for the most part whoever is delivering the game is only going to leave it in my driveway, sidewalk etc correct? They will not deliver into my home?
I am/will be in a similar spot as the OP in that whenever its delivered I won't anyone there to assist getting it in the house nor do I own an escalera. I have 4 steps to get into the house and through the front door and that is all.

The delivery truck parked at the bottom of my driveway (roughly 60' long, slightly downhill to the road) and he offloaded with an electric/powered lift. He brought it up the driveway and into my garage without asking. I appreciated it, especially since it looked like it could rain at any minute. I would not have been able to get it into the garage by myself. I gave him a $20 for the nice gesture.

1 week later
#3853 1 year ago

I must be really dense as I'm just not getting it. I took the glass off and for sure had > 4 scooby snacks as the monitor said +1 scooby snack added at least 3 times and +2 scooby snacks added also, so quick math tells me that's at least 4.

I then pushed down a drop target and had the ball go behind the gate into the VUK. It came up to the bat wing on the left side, the lock light flashed blue a few times and then the bat wing pushed the ball to the flipper. The light then stopped flashing. I even tried swapping the G & H wires that fixed an issue someone else was having.

What the heck am I missing?

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Sounds like you're still on the old code! You can grab the latest code here: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

That must be it! Thanks!!

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

After you get your fourth Scooby Snack someone (I believe Fred) will pop up and say something like "You've qualified the apron lock, get a ball into the apron lock". AFTER you've seen that clip or heard that callout the lights beside the apron locks will turn green (indicated they are active) at which point getting a ball either into that VUK behind the drops or into the middle entrance on the upper PF will feed the ball to one of the locks. After one is locked you have to get some number MORE scooby snacks to qualify the other one.
If yours is just kicking the ball from either lock then maybe you aren't on the latest code? The issue I and some others had was with the RIGHT wing only and swapping the Opto plugs fixed that issue for me. Or maybe there is an issue with your optos. But, did you ever get that callout/video telling you to lock in the apron?

Thank you for responding. User error... not running the new code.

#3878 1 year ago

How long does the update take? Software loaded (yellow lights then green). Turned off for a minute then back on. Back up completed then screen went light for about 10 minutes then ‘no signal’ message now a dark screen. Playfield lights are out too. Back glass light and coin door lights are on.

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Mine did that too, then I realized I'd left the USB drive in there. Turned it off, took out the USB drive and it booted right up.

I did that and it is restoring to 2023.02.21.05. Guess I’ll start over a second time.

#4018 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Got those today as well!

Did you guys have to request them or did Spooky just send them? I've still only had 1 ball get stuck after a month of owning (coming off the upper playfield to the left), but would like to add these to my game.

1 week later
#4289 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is everyone having at least some issue with their game? Anyone get there's and have it playing with no problems at all yet??
I'm in the late 700's, so I'm hopeful that games in that timeframe are a bit less doom and gloom than the past many pages have been.

I've had mine for almost 2 months now (#66). I've had 1 ball get stuck (coming from the upper playfield) and a Capt Cutler arm come loose (upper playfield). Other than those 2 things, zero issues.

1 week later
#4738 11 months ago

Got to meet Bug at Allentown today and I picked up a Scooby translite. Super nice guy.

Bug and Luke were nice enough to sign it too.

1 week later
#4935 11 months ago

Thank you for the note on this. It took longer to get the tools out/put away than it did to move the wires!

Mine were barely being pressed against the metal, but better safe than sorry.

#5051 11 months ago

Only my experience, but I've had mine for 2 1/2 months (#66) and the only issue that I had was one time a ball getting stuck in the wire form coming off the upper playfield. It was a rocket shot up the middle and I didn't hit the left flipper fast enough.

#5091 11 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Got my updated LED board today, let's see what this new thing can do. Installation took less than 5 minutes
[quoted image]

Got mine yesterday and installed last night. Really nice improvement and I like the new callouts. Thanks Spooky!

#5226 11 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

Has anybody received the new light board without asking for it? Still waiting on mine for ce 98#. Don't wanna call but guess I should at thus point.

I received it without asking for it. CE #66

#5260 11 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Question for Scooby owners, if there was space and you installed a Tiny TV mod into your Scooby pin, what would you have playing on it?
Episodes of Scooby
Jetson’s
Other Hanna Barbera cartoons
Old horror movies
Other?
[quoted image]

I'd say Scooby-Doo episodes. As each villain mode is started, have portions of that episode showing that villains action/chase scene. i.e. the clip when the song is sung.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 19.95
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=chippewa-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.