200w (7).gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david (1).gif
IMG_5332 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5331 (resized).jpeg
Bo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 76,021 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,141 of 1,521.
#57001 1 year ago

Dayumm$$!

Screenshot_20230408_122345_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230408_122345_Instagram (resized).jpg
#57002 1 year ago

That’s more than Daron Payne got, right?

The longer it takes to sign these guys, the more it costs you.

#57003 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s more than Daron Payne got, right?
The longer it takes to sign these guys, the more it costs you.

Yeah a little more. Id guess he wasn't willing to sign until Payne's numbers were set.

This lowers his cap hit this year so I believe now they will have room to sign their draft picks. It will be nice to be out of cap hell in 2024!

#57004 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

It will be nice to be out of cap hell in 2024!

Are you suggesting that Tannehill may be out of a job after this season!?

#57005 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you suggesting that Tannehill may be out of a job after this season!?

tbh after the draft I think they will try to extend him for 2-3 years.

Tannehills contract isn't bad, it's the cap hit that's outrageous. The restructures from the Julio trade are the gift that keeps on giving

#57006 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

The restructures from the Julio trade are the gift that keeps on giving

The hubris of the average NFL GM is amazing. Jon Robinson could've put up a Pinside poll asking if he should trade a 2nd & 4th for the ghost of Julio Jones and made a better choice off the thread responses.

#57007 1 year ago

Lions trying to sign Teddy Bridgewater, seems like an uninspiring move until you see the backup QBs still out there (Wentz, Ryan, Gabbert, Flocco)

That list makes Teddy look like pick-of-the-litter

#57008 1 year ago

Looking like the Eagles are willing to trade #10 if a team wants to play.

#57009 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Eagles should just use the pick on a kicker or long snapper

#57010 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Eagles should just use the pick on a kicker or long snapper

LOL. If one the top 4 QB's lasts past pick 9 and a QB needy team wants #10 they will pay the price. Your #1 this year and next plus a 3rd this year.

#57011 1 year ago

Howie Roseman amenable to trading picks?
Inconceivable!

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#57012 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Every team in the middle of the pack pick wise is willing to trade their pick.

#57013 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Lions trying to sign Teddy Bridgewater, seems like an uninspiring move until you see the backup QBs still out there (Wentz, Ryan, Gabbert, Flocco)

Glad you're finally coming around

Quoted from boscokid:

Just Say No to Teddy. He may be the best option out there but I hate the idea of paying top dollar for catastrophe insurance with limited upside

#57014 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Howie Roseman amenable to trading picks?
Inconceivable![quoted image]

They have made a #1 pick trade in 6 of the last 7 drafts. Been working out so far. Always nice to have 2 1st round picks.

#57015 1 year ago

Unless an Andrew Luck is there any pic is available for a price.And Howie Roseman has probably reached Belichicks buyer beware status at this point.

#57016 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Unless an Andrew Luck is there any pic is available for a price.And Howie Roseman has probably reached Belichicks buyer beware status at this point.

I think the top 3 picks are now bolted to the floor. After that, anything goes depending on who's available.

#57017 1 year ago

So who are your first 3 locks Or should a say guesses.

#57018 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

1. QB
2. QB
3. Will Anderson

#57019 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You could do a lot worse then Teddy 2 gloves as a back up

#57020 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

LOL. If one the top 4 QB's lasts past pick 9 and a QB needy team wants #10 they will pay the price. Your #1 this year and next plus a 3rd this year.

Bears would trade down again from 9 if that’s the price, 3 1s next year is a possibility

#57021 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

1. QB
2. QB
3. Will Anderson

Yep. Unless the colts get silly

#57022 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Guesses of course! Who da fuk knows! But i don't think anyone is moving up to to get Stroud or Young. It would take a heap of picks and doubt either available at the #3 pick

#57023 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep. I assume they will draft a project QB this year so Teddy literally a placeholder/emergency QB

#57024 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Teddy won zero games in Miami last season and was more injury prone than Uno.

#57025 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You could do a lot worse then Teddy 2 gloves as a back up

Don’t listen to this. Teddy is an injury prone backup who couldn’t win a single game for his team last year and broke his hand after throwing a pick and tried to make a tackle. He couldn’t play and he missed a playoff start opportunity when the team needed him. A rookie 3rd string QB offers a much better value than “Zero wins Teddy”.
Teddy no wins.
Teddy break a bone.
Teddy first play concussion.
Teddy unavailability.
Teddy multi-millions but no wins.

#57026 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Don’t listen to this. Teddy is an injury prone backup who couldn’t win a single game for his team last year and broke his hand after throwing a pick and tried to make a tackle. He couldn’t play and he missed a playoff start opportunity when the team needed him. A rookie 3rd string QB offers a much better value than “Zero wins Teddy”.
Teddy no wins.
Teddy break a bone.
Teddy first play concussion.
Teddy unavailability.
Teddy multi-millions but no wins.

I would take Bridgewater over a rookie 3rd string QB every single day of the week. He has had some really productive years as a starter and a backup. Is he injury prone? Yes, but he still gives you a bit of hope to win.

I am starting to think that a Dolphin QB getting a concussion may have more to do with the offensive line and less to do with the QB.

#57027 1 year ago

Every time I read an article about some prospect impressing teams with his interview and personality I cant help but to think it's a backhanded way of saying his workout sucked

#57028 1 year ago

Baltimore giving OBJ $15MM guaranteed this year

#57029 1 year ago

Whaaaa!?! Holy faak! Thank u Baltimore! Bullet dodged!

#57030 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Yeah not feeling this. I can’t help but feel its a move to help force lamar to play. An indirect investment in the lamar story

#57031 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Whaaaa!?! Holy faak! Thank u Baltimore! Bullet dodged!

Not a ton. That's right in there under Courtland Sutton, Hunter Renfrew, Allen Robinson.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah not feeling this.

He ain't the best but he's miles ahead of anyone Ravens have. Pretty embarrassing as usual.
But yeah, OBJ giving Lamar more contract advice

Edit: im sorry, i was shit talking a bit too much. "Miles ahead" is not accurate

#57032 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

What the actual fuck is going on in Baltimore? Are they trying to "hold my beer" Cleveland? Seems like a moronic hire, unless its something Lamars mom is scheming up, in which case, brilliant.

#57033 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He ain't the best but he's miles ahead of anyone Ravens have. Pretty embarrassing as usual.

Bateman is really shaping up to be a combo of speed and possession play. He's the one I'm most excited for. Something like his first 10 career catches were all for clutch first downs.

OBJ was such a drama piece in Cleveland even with his best bud opposite of him. His 'give me the ball' antics from his NYG days don't mesh well with the Raven's style. And of course last years it's been around health too. So I can't see some breakout #1 play from this.

But what I'm speculating is
- maybe the new OC wants a big splash guy and will be able to use him effectively
- it makes it harder for lamar to argue he doesn't have someone to throw to.. in both his negotiations and willingness to play in 2023 w/o a contract

I don't like a one year deal on a player you have zero chance of signing a longer deal afterwards with.. and for 15 mil... but at least it's not true #1 WR kind of money.. it's kind WR1.5 level kind of money.

Press is beating Ravens up over the GM's comments about drafting a QB. WTH is he supposed to do... wait until preseason to realize Lamar may not play and he needs a QB? The draft isn't going to wait for Lamar... neither are the Ravens.

#57034 1 year ago

It's super weird to me. He hasnt even been moderately effective since 2019.

There had to be another bidder, right? But where was the market this late in FA?

#57035 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

There had to be another bidder, right? But where was the market this late in FA?

I believe I heard some teams were ready at 13 mill but he was waiting for the full 15.

#57036 1 year ago

He was set to visit NYJ tomorrow. Gonna be awkward now!

#57037 1 year ago

The Ravens just need Teddy 2 Gloves. He is the solution to their QB problems.

#57038 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The Ravens just need Teddy 2 Gloves. He is the solution to their QB problems.

They already have Lamar under contract and a pro bowl QB behind him!

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He was set to visit NYJ tomorrow. Gonna be awkward now!

Do you think still go?

Serious question...hes fucking weird.

#57039 1 year ago

Lions trade CB and 2020 #3 pick Jeff Okudah to the Falcons for a 5th rounder (saving 5M or so in cap)

Yet another opportunity for Brad Holmes to prove he can find better talent at pick 159 than Bob Quinn/Matt Patricia could with a top 5 pick.

#57040 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Yet another opportunity for Brad Holmes to prove he can find better talent at pick 159 than Bob Quinn/Matt Patricia could with a top 5 pick.

Such a horrible pick; bye bitch.

#57041 1 year ago

Heard a rumor Lions are clearing cap space for disgruntled TB linebacker Devin White

#57042 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Heard a rumor Lions are clearing cap space for disgruntled TB linebacker Devin White

Ok - just to be clear, I only heard this rumor because I started it

#57043 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Ok - just to be clear, I only heard this rumor because I started it

I'm sure it will spread like wildfire!

#57044 1 year ago

The day Buffalo fans became Bengal fans.

341085595_1636218930134894_5004651904136278947_n (resized).jpg341085595_1636218930134894_5004651904136278947_n (resized).jpg
#57045 1 year ago

Reports are Bezos is out on the Commanders. Expected since the Washington Post he owns has ripped Snyder over the years. Next up, the owners of the Sixers.

#57046 1 year ago

What are your thoughts on players with year or more left on their contract who holdout because they’re underpaid?

I mean the owners can’t hold out of paying players who suck like Jalen Reagor.

It’s a contract that both sides agree on and should play as best they can until they are free agents.

I’m taking about Dexter Lawrence for example who has a 5th year option that he doesn’t like.

Ok that sucks the 5th year option or the franchise tag sucks but it’s in the collective bargaining agreement. If the players didn’t like it they would not have agreed to it. I’m sure they got other perks on the back like lifetime pension or healthcare (whatever) the owners didn’t like but it was agreed to so both sides give something they don’t like.

Now the 2-3% of players who are better than the 5th year option or the franchise tag don’t like it. But the same can go for draft bust or free agent busts the owners are overpaying some guys and some guys are underpaid.

I feel bad for guys like Austin Ekeler who’s very underpaid but there’s plenty of players like Carson Wentz who aren’t worth a damn who get multi millions more than they are worth.

#57047 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Reports are Bezos is out on the Commanders. Expected since the Washington Post he owns has ripped Snyder over the years. Next up, the owners of the Sixers.

Bezos has never publicly shown any interest in buying and the “Bezos” stories seem to have been completely propped up by the press, who have refused to stop bringing
Him up.

I’m sure if he really wanted to buy the team he’d come up with whatever offer would be required to make bygones be bygones.

I’m glad everybody is finally giving up on this. Do not want him as owner.

#57048 1 year ago

I wonder if it’s worth $6B anyway. They are so inflated in price compared to when Dan Snyder bought it for $800M or whatever.

If a guy can make 10% on his money he should expect $600M profit in a $6B investment. But it’s probably more of a vanity investment because they already have more than they can spend.

#57049 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What are your thoughts on players with year or more left on their contract who holdout because they’re underpaid?

Are you asking if a holdout is a good negotiating tactic? It’s pretty much the only move available to players in that position but it isn’t very effective given how the rookie contracts work (sit out for the season and you’re right back where you started). You’ve only got leverage if your team desperately needs you in the present year and can’t wait you out for some reason.

But do I find it offensive if someone refuses to play because they think they’re underpaid? No. The owners could have negotiated higher penalties for holdouts if they wanted to discourage it more than they already have.

#57050 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder if it’s worth $6B anyway. They are so inflated in price compared to when Dan Snyder bought it for $800M or whatever.

Its an NFL team, it will be worth 8B in 5 years.its the easiest investment a billionaire could ever make.
Bezos actuslly has other shit to do.

Quoted from rai:

Its part of the game and it goes both ways (kind of).
I'm on the players side usually and they have to maximize their value because they are all underpaid.
Teams still have to pay them when they suck or are injured. Or they can just shit can them...which is the 'kind of.'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Haven, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76,021 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,141 of 1,521.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.