tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (87 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (40 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

462 posts in this topic match your search for posts by flynnibus. You are on page 1 of 2.
#12739 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Let's calm down guys, especially you Levi.
Kraft was accused of a crime. Let's see if it sticks. There have been a few recent news stories where social media and regular media rushed to judgement.

If you read the police investigation details... they had cameras in the place recording the activities and then were stopping people after they left.

The prosecutor in florida is not going to make this kind of potential shit storm hit his desk without pretty solid stuff. The police investigation (which is not part of the naming of kraft) gives a pretty detailed look into what evidence the police had been gathering.

https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/74/98/64c708b942ac9a24ed0e40f57db0/hua-pc.pdf

#12741 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sorry, any NFL owner getting wrapped up in a prostitution and HUMAN TRAFFICKING scandal would have been more than a "minor story."

The latter part of that is a uber exaggeration.

This is just about a podunk rub & tug operation that yes... had 'trafficking' in that they had people they were bringing in and housing, etc.. but don't make this out to be some Kraft running an empire or something.

He got caught up in a investigation into rub & tug massage parlors.

#12752 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Probably done it a thousand times and never got caught.

Yeah, but at the end of the day... these were strip mall asian massage palors giving hand jobs from 50+yr old asian ladies... that's not really suit and tie kind of environment.

Its like Tiger Woods getting busted with the fat ugly waitress or whatever she was... the guy could have anything in the kingdom on a whim.. with discretion... and he goes trailer trash. Just perplexing

#12760 5 years ago

Just watch him after the superbowl... he's been aging like crazy lately. I wouldn't be suprised if he just hands the team over to his family to run and he fades back a little.

The man no longer looks and sound great for his age - I doubt he fights much.

9 months later
#16340 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The NFL came out the day of the incident and said there was no evidence of any kind that Rudolph had use a racial slur.

Carefully worded... they said 'they found no evidence to support..' - but didn't come out and say Garrett was lying either. It's basically them saying "we can't confirm nor deny"... but they didn't take Garrett's view over Rudolf's.

#16342 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think it's to do with both players working for the same union.. how can they back one player now that both have abuse claims.

The NFL is not the union... The NFLPA is the union.. and they aren't the ones making the statement about film and mic evidence.

#16531 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man that Cassell horse is beat into the ground pretty good now; comes up every time someone suggests he won't win without Brady.
I'll just suggest that's an extremely small sample size, and point out that 11-5 or not, they didn't even make the playoffs that year. And while people love discussing his one Bradyless season with the Pats, they don't bring up his awful five-year tenure in Cleveland with the likes of Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde.
Plenty of coaches have won with HOF QBs and then won nothing of significance once that player leaves. Brady won't be around forever, and neither will the Pats' dynasty. I think they are linked...sure, Bill can hang around another decade if he really wants to, like Chuck Knoll, but I think the results will be similar.

The pats success has not come solely on the back of brady. Their success year after year after year has come from the coaching staff ability to game plan and prepare the team. The reason they continued to be feared every year is not Brady. It's Bill's ability to neturalize the strengths of the other teams and the patriot's consistency to perform deep in the season no matter who the team makeup seems to be. They've created top players over and over again. This is not a Brady-or-done program. They've proved it repeatedly.. including this year.

I still think Brady will pull the suprise retirement after this year.

#16626 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Newton is prime example of how easy it is to go from Hero to Zero in the NFL over night! His whole career has been slightly controversial and it finally gave way under him. He'll be back, to big of a talent not to, question is for how long?

overnight? You're talking about a team that finished 2018 with 6 straight losses. In a period where Cam couldn't throw the ball downfield at all anymore. He's had his shoulder operated on in 2017, and 2018.. and his comeback in 2019 was questioned... followed by a foot injury that put him out for the season. This is not the kind of situation you can build a team around as your rock.

It's 4 years past their super bowl run and his big play... since then he's been nagged by injuries and really shouldn't have been playing for the last 1.5 seasons. That's a long time for your franchise.. and uncertainty for the future.

#17140 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Monday Night football is about the best they have to offer.

I hope you were being sarcastic

#17173 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn it is true, Pats admit to filming Bengals sidelines during Browns game

Big distortion of the situation...

#17195 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes. And at the same time you'd think the Pats would be hyper-vigilant about this type of thing given their history. Will be interesting to see if they get a pass throwing themselves at the mercy of Goodell. It was pretty clearly inadvertent, but it was also a violation of the rules, and with the Pats history, they may not get the benefit of the doubt this time.
It would have been funny if they'd actually tried to cheat against the Bengals though!

I bet the league fines them for failing to properly train/police the people under their responsibility but it doesn't go any further than that. I really doubt there is nefarious stuff on the tape.

This scenario required the home team to be complacent in letting the Pats do something... so its not like it's under the radar... and why would you start doing it now.. and verse the worst team in the league?

Doesn't pass the sniff test.

#17197 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

What distortion? You don't think it's suspicious considering it was the week before they play the Bengals? NE admitted it was done and the NFL has the tapes. The thing that floored me was it was against the Bengals, you felt the need to tape a 12-1 team,...... like I said earlier Come On Man!

Because
- why start now? Where is the noise about the Pats doing something similar earlier in the season from every other team that would have credentialed them in?
- why against the worst team in the league? When it floors you.. you may consider if its really accurate..
- if it were true as a program, there would be a whole treasure trove of existing evidence to find as well (like there was last time..)

It requires a moon shot to make this even worth the time to the Pats... which is probably why it's not worth it to them.

#17208 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Okay whatever you think but, reports say NE admitted to filming the Bengals sideline so why else would you do that? I hardly think it was their colorful uniforms.

Because saying the sidelines were filmed, could still mean many different things. Where they filming the field, which included the sidelines? Where they filming a person of specific interest?

Admitting they filmed the sidelines is significant because it's what is prohibited by the rules - it is not in itself significant to admitting what was done and why.

#17211 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

- They already have the signals from every other team, but not one with a rookie HC.

Newsflash: The headcoach doesn't do the signals. Nor in most teams is he even part of the playbook scheme. So the Bengals having a new HC isn't really relevant.

- Giant brass balls?

Instead the narrative requires the Pats to do this against the worst team in the league.. but not others. That doesn't even make sense.

Why would they need to tape the Bengals for their own PR video (in a game where the pats aren't even involved)? I'd bet there's probably a bit of professional courtesy between teams.. if they needed footage, why not just reach out for some direct to the Bengals? Or isn't there like a ton of footage available just from the NFL alone? I have a bunch on my DVR they could have..

Because you need to listen to the subject at hand... SCOUTING. You don't scout your own team.. you scout the others. And every team sends staff to watch upcoming opponents. This isn't new or even against the rules.

#17212 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Why not just get a clip from one of the previous 11 games played, it would be public property I would think after being aired nationally.

Again.. no.

Do you not even hear that tagline played at the end of every football game where the announcer reads the statement about reuse or broadcast of any of the game or the show is prohibited without consent of the NFL?

Broadcasting it doesn't make anything public domain...

#17219 4 years ago

Yeah, it's weird they get caught every time they cheat.

So every team... but the browns is in on the scheme. Since no one else chimed in and said "wait a minute.. we let that guy in too..." ?

Or you think the patriots just started doing this.. in week 14... and this was the first time?

#17252 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wow! Tons of injuries this week!!
Calvin ridley, Lamar Jackson, josh Jacobs, alshon jeffrey, Patrick mahomes, devante Parker, dj chark, and more.
Next week should be interesting.

Domt take the injury reports as b&w gospel... especially this late in the season. They have to report when people miss practice... but its not always as severe as listed. Sometimes they are just resting people.

#17262 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I really hate seeing cancel culture hit this thread & the Patriots.

Sorry - the idea of 'tainted history' in sports predates your attempt at making this a PC thing.

Pete Rose...
OJ...
Mark McGwire...
Black Sox...

The idea of an 'asterix' is a notion from the 90s at least.

#17269 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does this guy make the list?
Apparently not.
He’s everywhere these days being loved on. His public rehabilitation sickens me

and many others.. which is why he's such a news item of late.

I spent 6 seconds making that list. Feel free to expand it to continue to disprove your own point.

#17497 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Watching RG3 in relief last night (yes I tuned back in at the end just to see it) was rough. Garbage time, nothing at stake, and he's STILL charging into defenders pointlessly instead of pitching it off or throwing it away. He ran head on into a bunch of Dlinemen, and got body slammed by a linebacker because he waited too long to run out of bounds. A backup QB running out the clock in a blowout win shouldn't be taking that kind of abuse

That was really the first time he tried to play running QB in relief.. and it just exposes just how much LJ makes it look easy.

Ron's cites are poorly out of context. The SF game was a windy rainy day. The NE game was not a huge passing game plan. Plus.. his stats were wrong. In the NE game his QBR was 77.8 (Brady was 53!).. his rating was 107! In the SF game, he struggled, and it was his second lowest outting of the year. But that is also against the other top team in the entire league.

This is the QB with the most passing TDs in the league.. two games with perfect passer ratings... two games with 5 TDs... he has the second highest rating for the season.. has not had a multi-interception game since week 5... while during that stretch has played 7 of the league's best teams.. and made jokes out of 3 them.

Yes the Baltimore success is a team formula.. and yes LJ benefits from it. But anyone who thinks he hasn't come around as a passer is just not watching the games. He has more TDs inside the pocket than outside as well.

The Ravens staff should get the MVP for the guts to build an entire formula... 3 TEs.. FB.. RB.. running QB.. and blocking WRs that all work together.. and then magically next play turn into a team with huge catching TEs, lightning fast WRs, and a QB that doesn't throw INTs or get sacked.

#17500 4 years ago

mi.jpgmi.jpg

#17501 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think we should fit him with a Hall of Fame jacket this year, let him wear it to the stadium etc.

The bigger problem is keeping all this intact.

When you just have 2-3 pieces to protect for your special sauce... it's easier. But here, it is the synchronization of so many parts that makes it work so well. The OC, 3 strong TEs, strong RBs, decent line, and the QB. All with a commitment to the model.

The Ravens are lucky that only Ingram is a FA flight risk right now... but the OC could easily be taken away.. or a series of injuries could derail any one of those components. Basically the idea that it's a system, means there are that many more pieces that could get lost.

#17506 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Flynn from Ashburn is another Redskins defector to the Ravens?!

No, I'm from MD.. and specifically all my family is from Baltimore But as you've noticed from your trips down here.. traffic is ass.. so I moved to VA 21yrs ago to be closer to work. And yes, Redskins HQ is just around the corner..

I've liked they kept RGIII as he should be such a similar fit to the offense.. but man.. last night was the worst yet when it comes to them being able to keep the run game going to burn clock when he comes in. Didn't like the play calling at all... RGIII has never been the same runner since Ngata blew him up.

#17509 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still scratching my head how the Chargers managed to contain him in last year's playoff game. They brought a lot of pressure from all different places, and they had the players to do it. But now LJ seems to be able to get rid of the ball as fast as anybody.

Last year was night and day for LJ. Even through the pre-season.. people (including me) seriously doubted if he would improve enough to be a functional passer in the league. He was flight-y, he did not read-defenses pre-snap at all, his pocket presence was poor, his accuracy was bad. When SD changed their personel group, they were able to contain him, the pass rush was successful with only 4 guys, and LJ was still so green he wasn't able to overcome. So when we spent our big draft pick on a flashy reciever... it was like 'why??? we don't throw!'

Then in the offseason... he worked on things and now it's night and day. When he moves in the pocket, its deliberate and into space, he is reading the defense and finding the open routes, his throwing consistency has improved 2x, and the team can now shift on a whim between power running, WR flash, big TE catching, or a running QB.

It's the single most dramatic off-season change I've ever seen. And the guy only started less than half the season in 2018.

Everyone heard the coaches talking about 'changing the game' in the offseason.. but most thought it was bravado ... but little did we know it was the whole staff committing to this scheme. And it's working.

#17513 4 years ago

The view above my desk... been that way for years

A299CF37-468E-41F6-BC1E-9F002039CFDF (resized).jpegA299CF37-468E-41F6-BC1E-9F002039CFDF (resized).jpeg

(Thats a cal ripken wheates box behind the stuff too)

#17524 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow what do they have to boo about, the kid is the NFL MVP this season without question. I thought Flacco was a better QB then what he has shown in Denver this season, maybe his career really is over as a starter.

It wasnt this season... that is an article from last season about when the team faltered in the playoffs.. and LJ was the true rookie starter over a healthy flacco. The team was completely flat and couldnt throw the ball.. while we had a guy on the bench thta was known for his arm.

It’s a really desperate attempt at digging up dirt and used out of context

#17550 4 years ago

Pats 24 bengals 10

#17587 4 years ago

Jay Glazer gets portion of video shot by patriots crew (its actually video from the bengals security as they intervened with the crew)

https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/1206265478596816896

The optics of it all, even if innocent... are horrible. I don't see how this could be about 'signals' given what they were filming.. but it stinks none the less.

#17644 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

haha you are correct I did not and would not watch as my quota of shitty NFL teams to follow is filled. Great to hear he played well. The NFL is short on good QB play. I just now checked and saw 28 attempts. I get your sentiment about getting blown up, but nowhere near enough for development or identifying talent imo.

my god.. remember when if a team threw over 40 times people thought things were broken??

28 attempts is plenty for a normal game. You don't need 35+ attempts to exercise a QB... that's more like "here is an unbalanced team that sits on their QB's shoulders"

#17925 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Dallas Cowboys Playoff Record Summary (1960 - present)
All-Time Playoffs: 63 Games, 35-28
Wild Card Round: 12 Games, 7-5
Divisional Round: 27 Games, 15-12
Conference Championship: 16 Games, 8-8
Super Bowl: 8 Games, 5-3
Washington Redskins Playoff Record Summary (1932 - present)
All-Time Playoffs: 42 Games, 23-19
Wild Card Round: 9 Games, 6-3
Divisional Round: 16 Games, 7-9
Conference Championship: 6 Games, 5-1
Super Bowl: 5 Games, 3-2
Championship (pre-1966): 6 Games, 2-4

And if we look at the last 20 years... Dallas is simply 3-8 in playoffs... and never making it past the divisional round. You're just using all time history to try to whitewash what has been a slump for almost 25 years.

TL:DR - they haven't done jack since 1995.

It's like Steeler fans pointing to the 70s about why they will win next week. You're talking generations ago... no one cares.

#17930 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

please don't lump us in Dallas fans, we've been to 3 super bowls and won 2 in the last 20 years (this generation genius).

Notice I said the 70s.. but if we want to compare notes, Ravens have been to 2 SB in that period and won them both . And overall 15-9 in that period.. and 'one and done' only 3 times out of 11 appearances in the period. I think those are respectable stats.

#17933 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Dallas Cowboys:
Playoffs 1996, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018.
1st place n the NFC East in 2019
The Cowboys haven't won a Superbowl in a while, but it isn't really fair to say they have done nothing. They make the playoffs approx every other year, and they had a legitimate shot to win it about 3 of those years.

Again.. 3-8 including SIX!! one-and-done appearances. And only twice did they win the division.

No one hands out trophies for just making it to the post-season.. and Dallas has gone a generation of being known for CHOKE ARTISTS when they get there.

Pointing out the 2019 finish just shows how low the standards have become... everywhere else we'd call that 'skating in'.. but it's an accomplishment in your mind.

#18028 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

All I know is long ago I cut my cable channels and other entertainment expenses way back to have more in the pinball budget, and it pisses me off how for some football games I will just miss them like I did today, or have to pay more, which I will not pay a dime.

Did you miss what channel monday night football has been on for the last few years? Or where thursday night has been moving around?

#18179 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

or have you forgot his masterful past....just ask the Browns.

They were a team favored to make the big dance the final year until the move news happened. They were 11-5 the year before. They were a team on the rise under his leadership. And the ravens won the superbowl just 4 years later with much of the staff he setup.

What youd hear from the browns fans is “what should have been...” - not how awful bill was.

1 week later
#18762 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They may want a piece of Steeler ass but without that QB and receivers, not going to happen, the Steelers are going to pound RG3 like a railroad spike.

Ooops...

#18763 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The Browns draft a guy #1 and he turns out to be the best QB they've had in 20 years, but because you have now deemed him a POS, he must be a POS. Your logic is flawed to say the least. You still haven't given me a concrete reason why you think he's a POS.

lol.. do you want a 'let me google that for you link'?

Mayfield's antics are plain for all to see.. we don't even need a yourplayersaredirtbags.com site to accumulate it for us.

#18764 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't run from anyone, i just don't respond to troll bait, unlike dumpster fire fans. I act like I've been there before because i have, 6 times.

Well, in that case, can you remember the perfect record of not winning the SB when they weren't the first round bye.

#18765 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Waiting to see who replaces him, and if Ron Rivera signs up to guide this shitshow riverboat down country.

I like Ron. Could do a lot worse.

I get the idea of needing a veteran to establish a foundation after a shit storm... but these guys are never going to get you to the promised land. I mean, JDR again?

They need to get back to the ways of allowing players and coaches to develop... and once they are developed, really take a deep look at what their upside really is.

#18768 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Although a franchise like the Giants should be easier due to their storied past....teams like Cleveland take much longer....Cleveland should find some young stud and GM and give them 5 years to turn the ship....

The key is to have something to build upon. The Giants had their family ownership there hands on to establish the creedo of how things would be and should be. That's what Cleveland really needs... is a foundation to build it's culture and identity upon. And then hire a GM and HC to live and breathe that.. and give them the time to build that into a reality.

If they can't spell out what they want their team to be.. besides 'good'.. they are going to keep this cycle of start/stop/reboot for years to come.

#19102 4 years ago

I found it hysterical that at the press conference all bill b wanted to talk about was *this* game when ever other game all he wants to say is *we are looking ahead to XYZ*

I wish the press would fry him. His schtick is old and hypocritical.

#19219 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, it’s a real shame when somebody targets your helmet and puts you out of the game. That’s totally Carson’s fault. I think I found your street...
[quoted image]

The guy has been made of glass... this is not a 'one hit' thing. You can't be a great QB from the inactive list.

#19318 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You cant push the defender away like that. It was clearly pass interference and i don't blame the Saints fans for being pissed off. Thats the 2nd year in a row that they got screwed by the refs in the playoffs.

That kind of hand shuffling is going on all the time. While the defender's upper body moved form it.. the receiver didn't get new separation from it. It's the usual hand checking that goes on all the time... this time the defender got turned from it a bit, but isn't really all the material. It falls into the 'no call' bucket.

#19328 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop being a fucking baby and stop watching plays frame by frame.
Wentz was in the air going down head first when clowney launched at him, like every tackle on every play.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1213947168970694661

my take... wentz was already going to the ground as part of the tackle before Clowney committed. It was unnecessary and I think he was trying to put a hurt on the running QB. He didn't try to wrap him up... wentz was already tackled... and he was just trying to get a free hit while he was still up.

The type of tackle he added to the mix is what it makes more egregious IMO. If Clowney started before Wentz was being tackled it was one thing... but clearly he was already on his way to the turf when Clowney coiled up and went to lunge.

It's like all the free hits on RGIII during the steelers game... everyone knew what was up.. even if it was within the boundaries of the rules.

#19329 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And just a side note, given wentz injury history....josh mccown was really the best insurance policy? I woulda brought Kap in for a tryout. Or a dozen other guys.

yeah seriously.. when they had to call McCown in I was like 'srly... that's the best your GM can do?'. They have no one to blame but themselves for not being better prepared in that spot. But like you said.. as depleted as they were, they were never going anywhere anyway.

That was just the NFC East mandatory sacrifice to the Hunger Games.

#19333 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I agree exactly, this is just like 90% of all football plays involving a tackle, this just happened to land on his head and got him bounced out of the game.

No, not like 90% of all plays.

I mean watch it.. he actually dives DOWN because Wentz is already going to the ground. I don't really care about the helmet hit.. that's all incidential to me. I think the hit alone was unnecessary and was a cheap shot.

Diving with his head/shoulder.. on a much smaller player.. on a player already falling to the ground below you.. and trying to drive them into the ground. It was all just an attempt to get a hard hit on the QB. DEs/LBs don't need to throw their body to try to tackle a QB like smaller CBs do to tackle RBs etc.

#19381 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I just watched it a bunch of times, I actually think Wentz took out Clowny's leg, changing the direction of Clowny's fall to be on Wentz.

I think that explanation has a lot of merit and very well could be what happened.

#19550 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

that formula won't happen again in the modern NFL where greed is king

It's not that greed is king - it's that players know their career is always one moment away from being over and the average player doesn't play for even 4 years. So they are incentivized to get paid 'now' because there won't be a tomorrow for the vast vast majority of them.. and even the great players are not guaranteed that next contract either due to injury risks. When you factor that in, players tend to have one shot for the big payday now.

No one gets a great salary bump for playing great that year.. only what they had negotiated in their deal. So players and agents know... it's a dog eat dog world.

#19574 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But the salary cap is there to benefit the owners, who make a killing on the NFL compared to most other sports leagues. Yes, it's millionaires and billionaires squabbling over insane amounts of money so on one level who gives a fuck, but if I'm going to call someone in the NFL greedy it'd be owners first and players second

The salary cap is there to ensure some level of de-escalation between owners. They don't want the Yankee or Red Sox situation where some teams just dump money for a 'win at any cost' situation. They also have more profit sharing between teams.

If anything I think the rookie contract deal is the one that serves owners the most... the vets totally threw the rookies to the wolves to ensure they wouldn't be squeezed out by big rookie deals that were going no where.

#19608 4 years ago

you guys seriously gave that more than 10 seconds of thought... the guy pumping yourteamcheats.com forever... over repeat sources on twitter like adam schefter or Ian Rapoport? Come on...

#19991 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It is unacceptable to not have cameras everywhere in a playoff game

They do have cameras everywhere... but cameras can't make up for how the bodies and ball position obscured by the players.

#20026 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The camera angle from the other side of the field was much better but was obscured. You could clearly extrapolate that he was short of the marker ( not the yellow line) by looking at all the shots. But replay officials are too stupid to extrapolate.

Replay is not about 'extrapolation' - it's about checking if there is clear evidence to change the call as it was made. If it is not 'incontrovertible visual evidence' then the play will 'stand as called'. Extrapolating and inferring are not the clear indication that replay is checking for. So in the case of ball position... they gotta see the ball, and they have to see it relative to indications that are clear.

Personally, I thought he was short... but the akward position of the tackler, the player, and the way he was tucked up made it difficult to spot the ball on video. That's why the play wasn't 'confirmed' but simply allowed to stand.

#20027 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My old man used to say funny how they will just set the ball down anywhere, and then bring the chains out to see if it made it by an inch.
How many times have you seen a play where the ball gets less than a foot from the goal line, but they place it at the one yard line anyway?

Yes, it's stupid how they try to make it a game of inches when the majority of the time they can't get anywhere near that kind of precision. Just play by the yard markers.

#20044 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why are we posting about college football in the NFL thread? Get that shit out of here! Same with Melania's smile/frown ratio, who fucking cares? We're in the middle of the actual football playoffs here, plus Patrick Chung just settled his coke bust charges, so even the Pats fans should be happy.

ditto!

#20131 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do think it's most likely they take Burrow but it's not like he's a lock for the Hall of Fame. College QBs bust all the time. I remember this time last year Trevor Lawrence was the guaranteed 2021 #1 pick and now he's a scrub and a wash up after one bad bowl game, right?

Vince Young... Leinart... Manziel... Tebow... Mariota...

I mean QBs are pretty much the lead reason for the rookie contracts in the current CBA. And it's the riskiest proposition to start a green rookie QB vs develop them. Yet everyone loves to look at a successful college QB as if its going to turn their team around immediately.

Yet nearly every top NFL QB struggled early... developed.. and many were not the 'best' QB coming out of college.

#20158 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Speaking of the Rams Stephan Smith (who I think is an idiot) is prognosticating a huge shakeup in their lineup and staff. Has anyone heard anything like this from any other source? Seems like disinformation at it best especially coming from Smith.

Well everyone is trying to figure out how to fix the broken thing... when they are handcuff'd with those huge contracts.

1 week later
#20573 4 years ago

AB was unstable at the start of his pro career too... not just now. It's just more extreme and in the open now. I think the guy is just straight up bi polar or something far worse and without the bubble around him now its just spiraling down.

When you listen to him 'discuss' things, it's like a child... like he never had to be an adult.

1 week later
#21049 4 years ago

Great game. The difference was when they let Mahomes get mobile to deal with the 49ers pass rush. Sitting in the pocket wasn't working even against a 4 man rush. Mahomes was really off early... was fearing it would end up like Lamar, playing well below their potential. Especially when they didn't have the breakout second quarter which is their calling card. When SF put a 5th man into the rush.. it was a bloodbath.

The KC D getting those stops in the 4th quarter was amazing. I was cheering for the JimmyG "put it on his back" moment so it would all come crashing down. He played solid, but I didn't buy into the hype. The 49ers lived and died by their ability to push the QB with only 4 guys.. and when they don't shut a team down with that, they are vulnerable. Ravens beat them up by blowing up that part of their game. The KC linemen were getting beat awful, and it wasn't until they countered by Mahome's feet and ability to break tackles that the tide turned.

I was wondering if they would make a bold choice for MVP since Mahomes played so poorly, but they went with the safe pick. I legitimately feared Mahomes was hurt after that dive play. He put it on his shoulders though, and showed he's the true champ. That kid is gonna be a monster in this league for a long long time if he stays healthy.

#21052 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

"Beat them up"? 49ers nearly beat them, on the road. 20-17 is not a beatdown...

Nearly beat them? 49ers scored *3* points in the second half... and only 1 drive of any significance. They sat and watched as the Ravens denied them anything while the vaunted 49er defense couldn't get off the field in the 4th quarter.

The vaunted 49ers defensive front was SILENCED in that game. Nick Bosa, Rookie DPOY.. ONE tackle. The entire team had *two* QB hits the entire game. They had the best record in football... until then.

Yes, that's a beatdown shutdown on the 49ers defense.

#21056 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You're really good arguing on the internet.. but they're the chiefs...not ravens! and Rondogg, aren't both teams on the road? It was in Miami can't wait til next season but any baseball fans in here?? Go Bluejays!

Ehh.. read the posts. Requirement #1

#21058 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Hey since Dirtbag is gone are we free to discuss the commercials and the announcing?
The announcing sucked pretty hard. It was just dull and bland. And how come nobody noted that head to head hit when Jimmy was obliterated on a hit early in the game? And the fact that he was grabbing his helmet directly after? Both are signs of a concussions and I was shocked he wasn’t called into protocol, nor did the announcers say anything about it.

yeah, they really wanted the refs out of this game.

Plenty of head hits on the QBs that would have been fouls all season long were not called. Cutback blocks.. blocking while the ball is in the air, etc.

There were only 4 penalties called all game that were not pre-snap penalties. One defensive PI, one offensive PI, one man downfield, and one offensive holding.

#21066 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Chiefs special teams were awesome all night and deserve a small chunk of that mvp award. Kickoffs, punts, and especially FG and extra points.

Especially Kick coverage..

One could argue 'they didn't make an impact' - but that's exactly what you want.. to neutralize any returns. They made some great tackles and were on it for every coverage.

#21067 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was reading an article earlier on some San Fran site that was blaming the refs for the loss. I don’t know about all of that. KC just lit it up late in the game.

Of course they would.. over the Kittle Offensive PI. But the play was pretty obvious.

#21079 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The most egregious - besides multiple KC personal fouls NOT called against Jimmy - is the play clock expiring. The Niners were inexplicably shortchanged one play with under 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl. Fucking unreal.

Your moaning that a penalty didnt get called against your team... because you didnt get the free do-over on your failed play?

Thats not how this works... thats not how any of this works...

#21087 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Kansas City is in both states like St Louis, Texarkana, Memphis to name a few other cities that straddle state lines.

We all know what the great idiot was doing when he wrote the tweet...

#21088 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

In my honest opinion if the niners managed to score more points than the Chiefs they would have had a very good chance at winning.

If there is any common sense at ESPN... they will reboot MNF hard after this season. What a joke.

#21138 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It’s not a do over. It’s NOT a fucking judgement foul. Any douchebag fool could tell the clock expired. That means PENALTY. That means you replay the down. It’s not subject to debate.

A penalty against the 49ers. The only reason you or anyone are passionate about the call is because they would have had their mistake taken away and given a do-over. It's not a call for precision -- it's a self serving wish for erasing a huge play.

It's calling a spade a spade. The penalty is only significant because the 49ers blew it in that play. Just own it.

#21155 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why would anyone want Brady? I love Brady, but unsure why any team would want him. I mean, a completely different system at his age? I just dont see why anyone would pay 15 million plus for his arm at this point. That said, the 49ers would be Super Bowl champions with him, haha.
I just hate seeing guys I view as superheroes play past their prime. Manning got a ring his last season, but he was HORRIBLE that year.

because when you look at the alternatives.. even a 'decent, but not great' QB is worth gold in this league

#21176 4 years ago

2 months later
#22685 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

You really believe this garbage or do you just feed on it?

#22689 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I believe Andy Dalton is comparable to Dak Prescott and he is a hell of a lot cheaper which would give you a lot of money to stack your team with quite a few good players and make Dallas an overall much better team.

Your chart was ridiculous. It compares a guy who has been in the league twice as long yet compares totals as absolutes.

Notice it left off things like INTs vs TDs? Yeah, Dalton has twice as high of INT % per throw vs Dak. Dak has higher yards per attempt.. Higher QB Rating... 6yrs younger. Dak is a more mobile quarterback and more built.

There is a reason Dalton's contract is bargain priced... it's weakeven for a backup... middle of the pack deal.

Yes, paying Dak over 35mil will hurt the rest of the team... that doesn't make Dalton somehow worthy of being your starting QB. Ask Denver how that went with Flacco

#22843 3 years ago

Ravens finallly get a home MNF game!

Did you all see that analyst Think tampa was going to be like 11-5?

1 week later
#23091 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

alright so fake crowd noise & fake fans being discussed...how do you feel?
The computer generated fans is too much, unless they are riding on that bad ass simulated Raven in Baltimore, but I've gone back and forth on sound.
We all know they either pump in sound to the stadium or at very least TV audio mix for a long time, but is this too far? I think they might do it just to drown all all the swearing and shit talking by players. Seems stupid at first, but it might be too much doing a silent game?

Im for it because you will want it for familiarity. Not because it is fake or trying to be something its not... but because it will be a stark and jarring contrast if you don’t have something there to fill the void.

Watch a comedian without any reactions or crowds... its almost cringe worthy. Watch the late night talk shows... it’s nothing like you are used to and feels aweful. Same thing will happen watching sports without reactions.

#23092 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

SNL and the late night shows are all doing without laugh tracks and crowd noise so don’t see why the nfl can’t do it.

And its a huge detriment to the experience. It’s like watching a comedian bomb every joke...

#23105 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dexter Manley played the game the way that it should be played. He was a total stud and gave 100% every play. That's when football was football.

Well, he gave probably 80%... cocaine made up the last 20%

7 months later
#27525 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Totally done, what a disgrace. We all knewm they weren't the best 11-0 team but holy shit, this will go down as the biggest downfall in NFL history

This season is such an oddball with everyone's rosters in such flux. There are alot of really bad records this year.

Think about this.. 3 wildcard teams and 11 wins still might not get in?

AFC North had the advantage of playing NFC east this season and AFC South.. and we all know what the NFC east is this decade.

#27528 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are you saying NFC East is going to continue sucking through the end of 2029? 'Cause if you're talking the 2010s, 2/10 Superbowls is respectable enough.

What I really meant was 'last 10 years...' - but if you want to stick to my poor reference, we can do that.

Two teams... that went on improbable runs... and neither held any consistent time of dominance.

nyg 2010-2019
2 double digit win seasons
2 playoff appearances - 4-1
1 SB
Season record 70 - 90

eagles 2010-2019
4 double digit win seasons
5 playoff appearances - 4-4
1 SB
Season Record 87 - 73

Dallas
3 double digit win seasons
3 playoff appearances - 2-3
Season Record 86 - 74

Washington 2010-2019
1 double digit win season
2 playoff appearances - 0-2
Season Record 62 - 98

Overall - 305 - 335
Out of 11 playoff appearances, a team has only made it past the divisional round 2 times (the two SB winners) since 2010

The eagles are the only team that had any semblance of regular contender... and we see where they are now

#27706 3 years ago

Doesnt seem real focused... but a lot of the blame goes to WFT for drafting him without a plan for him. He was always going to need time to develop... probably a lot of time. They threw him out there too early, and then bailed on him too soon. It's like they're writing the book on how to destroy a QB.

If his story only included 'poor play' - you might have a point.

But this kid's circus story started before he was even drafted. And proved itself out during his time with the team.

He was immature and like Johnny Manzel.. didn't respect the gravity of what it takes to be the franchise QB in the NFL and be a successful QB in the NFL.

His free ride just ended quicker than most in part due to Washington's #$%^show

1 week later
#28164 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody catch Giants coach Joe Judge whining about Doug Pederson’s “disgusting” actions on Sunday?
Shut the fuck up Joe! You want to make the playoffs? Try winning more than 6 games!

"six games" is the new "2 dollars" meme.

Zero place to whine when they only win 6 games. They need to GTFO of here with that whine.

#28217 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Levi, with the chiseled jaw. How much weight have you lost, man?

jaw?.. look at that hair!!!!

8 months later
#32773 2 years ago

Crazy day

2021 is insane tv so far

1 week later
#33136 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude, it’s always been a “was it Bill or was it Brady” debate.
Well, the debate is officially over as of last season. Brady won a super bowl and bill sucks.
I have zero love for either of those guys, absolutely none. I’d love to have seen them both go 0-16 last season.
Just calling it like I see it.

No coach replaces players on the roster or field.
Coaches are about maximizing your roster's ability.

There is no denying Patriots don't have the roster they once had and that doesn't magically fix itself overnight. To call BB average because he didn't win a superbowl without a roster is stupid.

#33138 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Buffalo allowing 11 pts a game, that's light's out D.
I think historically top D's like Ravens, Bears, and Broncos -- peak D gets down to 10 or even 9 over a season, so 11 is *really* something.

After week 4 and beating up on Miami and Houston isn't exactly the time to be asking for your HoF credentials... 3 of the 4 teams they played didn't even have their starting QB...

#33140 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey how about instead of just telling us all how shitty our takes on everything are, why not offer up some of your own?

I got no fodder for the pile - Ravens are just skirting by on prayers right now. Having the biggest IR list in the league isn't really a chest pounding opportunity. And no one wants to hear 'are they gonna stop lamar' again and again.

But how about Fangio being pissed the Ravens did a run play to secure their streak and citing 'player safety' after his own team played all the way to the end when there was virtually zero chance of winning?

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/baltimore-ravens/john-harbaughs-response-to-vic-fangio-is-going-viral

Harbaugh wins that point.

#33157 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't care who you are playing two shutouts in four games is very impressive.
This is the NFL...there's no tiny sacrificial teams for opening days and homecoming like in college football.

It's great - but week 4 is not the time to be discussing putting any team on a 'all time' list. Unless you are a cowboys fan.. and then that's every year.

2000 Raven gave up 20+ points only TWICE the entire season.. Buffalo has already done that in their first 4 games.. three of which were against substitute QBs. Now Buffalo doesn't have to win 12-6 like the 2000 Ravens did... but if we're elevating defenses.. that's where the bar is. Total smothering domination.

The good news for the Bills D is the opposing offenses are gonna be forced to play to score a ton of points.. so gonna see a lot more throwing and high risk play.

#33158 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Fair enough, league average PPG through week 4 = 47, so 23.5 PA
To be at 11 is under half the league average. Will it hold? Who knows -- let's see if they continue to lead the league.

They are definitely blooming and have the roster to run this year.

I just think you're gonna see a lot more shoot outs as they face TEN, KC, TB, etc.

#33265 2 years ago

NFL peoples... :p

#33485 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Watching KC's Butker kick a FG isn't a right -- it's a privilege.
90% lifetime FGM is sick...

Butker -
FG Attempted 139 - Success 90.64%
But only his 5th year - He's not even in top 100 of FGA
Xtra Points 205 - Success 94.03% !!! DANGER !!!
Career 40-49 - 33/38 86.84%!!
Career 50+ - 14/20 70%
Career Long - 58

Tucker
FG Attempted 333 (2.4x Butker's number) - Success 90.69%
Good enough for #1 all time and in his 10th year
Xtra Points 359 - Success 98.9%!!! He's missed 4... in 10 years!
Career 40-49 - 92/102 - 90.19%
Career 50+ - 44/62 - 70.96%
Career Long - 66

tucker (resized).jpegtucker (resized).jpeg

#33487 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hahah Lamar just said god blocked that field goal

If you ever saw Cambell coming at you, you'd think it he was a god or be praying to yours

#33491 2 years ago

Sounds like schefter was called out in the investigation for his shitty journalism practices.

Where did you get those nice clean stats? Interested to see how crosby compares to someone like butker.

Some nice tool references

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TuckJu00.htm#all_kicking
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fga_career.htm

Crosby - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm
435 FGA - 81.6%
XP % 97.5%
40-49 yrds - only 75.6%
50+ yrds - 56.16%

#33579 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It feels like the division race is all but over.
But will they be one and done as usual ?

They are built to win now. They have to be the favorites for the afc at this point.

#33681 2 years ago

I can't think of any top flight QB that really are anything but 'first guy in, last guy out' types. There are guys that can exist on talent alone for a while, but they inevitably fizzle.

It's a position you can't survive solely on raw athletic talent. It takes not only physical talent, but incredible interpretive skills, decision making, and incredible information ingestion and handling to be successful at this level. There are reasons there really are only about 10-15 of these people that are that good at that job in the world at any one time. And why they rightfully demand so much more compensation than their peers on the field.. and why the owners are keen on protecting those players. Their entire franchise can faulted for years on this single position going tits up.

It's certainly not for any lack of people wanting the job... there literally are hundreds of QBs coming out of the college level every year and only a few dozen even get a chance, and only handful ever find success. It is a ruthless spot that takes quite a refined set of skills and abilities that few elevate to that level for sure.

Sure some bomb out purely on their lack of work ethic/focus - ruining their chances (Hi there Johnny Manziel! JaMarcus Russell! Vince Young!, etc) the vast majority just don't have what it takes to function at the level NFL QBs are challenged to succeed at.

3 weeks later
#34686 2 years ago

patriots looked all-world out of the blue yesterday... throws and catches that would make them unstoppable. They do have to play buffalo twice still and Tenn tho. Those games will likely set the table for who reins top of AFC.

TEN is still strong even with the injuries right now. Ravens finally stopped rolling 7s and the hollowness of the current team was exposed. Hopefully if Nick Boyle comes back the run game can return to the heavy TE+FB sets that make the run game work. The defensive breakdowns are just embarassing and the loss of players doesn't make it look like it will get any better.

#34803 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The Steelers reportedly offered Bell a five-year deal worth $42 million in the first three years. I'm grasping things just fine.

But not guaranteed money. Only a signing bonus was guaranteed. RBs want guarantees.

Jets deal secured 27 mil - Steelers deal only guaranteed 10.

#34824 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Haha, one interesting thing I found out while digging into these salaries, is that the average RB salary is lower than the average K or P salary, and has actually shrunk since the last few years.

Alot more RBs available than reliable kickers and punters... and they don't last as long either.. so they tend to be players on newer contracts.

No one is signing big RB contracts anymore because there is so much youth and options at the position. When you have 3 RBs on a roster, you can take more risk with 'potential'. Can't do that with kickers and punters when you only carry one.

#34843 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are the Patriots that good, or the Browns that bad?
I still refuse to believe the Patriots are that good, but it's not too hard to imagine that the Browns are awful as usual.

Watch the replay - the passing game was nuts.

(If you don't have NFL Game Pass.. you should!)

#34850 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am curious how you came to be a Dolphins fan growing up in DC. A good friend of mine growing up in the area was a Dolphins fan - he made that decision as a 7 year old to annoy his parents during - you guessed it - Super Bowl 17!!!

Md is full of home grown out of town team fans

Dallas of course being the worst example…. This skit never gets old…

But i have two kids i grew up with that were loyal dolphin fans from elementary school age. Why… no idea… i guess it was the dan marino lure even tho the rest of knew him as the guy with all the records but always on the losing team.

At least now everybody is spared the

2 weeks later
#35612 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It was exciting, but I have to admit it was pretty stupid. They have the most statistically accurate kicker in the history of the game. Why not take the sure thing?

Because they had depleted the cornerbacks- #44 got hurt on the touchdown and they knew they had to win it there. I hated it, but it was situational due to injuries

#35688 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bayless is the actual worst, one of the few i refuse to watch under any circumstance.
Sucks becasue I actually like Sharpe.

ESPN shows have become trash and it's rolled over into their writing to...

1/3 of articles are like 'Look at what Skip had to say about X' -- No, I don't give one fuck what he has to say about X. I don't want any video cips or articles about what talking head XYZ had to say about ABC trying to get clicks.

2 weeks later
#36259 2 years ago

Browns just keep throwing after being onbthe doorstep? Such a brown’s thing to do

#36373 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Those folks must have forgotten about the 41-17 beat down earlier in the season, in Baltimore.

Like you forget losing to the browns that way?

Or the jets… lol

#36375 2 years ago

And when him or mixon go down on some pointless play and he gets his knee rebuilt a second time he will rethink that.

#36377 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But but but. They didn’t have their best 2-3 RBs and Marcus peters!!!

Try 4 running backs.

They laid an egg that day. But its ok, the ravens team with more people on IR than anyone and starting a qb off the curb will still get more wins this year then the bengals could get in the last two full seasons COMBINED.

Literally held together with tape and bubblegum- still more consistent then the bengals

#36381 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

What's the excuse for the first ass drubbing the Bengals gave them?,

Read the post - already said they laid an egg that day. Just like the bengals have laid several this year.

And ‘its the nfl’ doesn’t cover the adversity they have had.

We had one cB left who had any real starts… and he was the nickleback before. And even he went out injured. The secondary is a backyard pickem lineup. Not just ‘not raven starters’… but never been starters. Seymour was just picked up 4 weeks ago (5 starts in fouf years). Westry was a practice squad guy picked up in the off-season. Young was a extra cb who missed nearly all of 2020 and has never earned his way back on the field.

They are making game decisions based on even being able to put a body on the field. It’s comically bad. I don’t see how they will even staff for the rest of the season right now. There is no depth chart… its suit up… you’re last man standing for CBs and safeties.

Two of our starting lbs were taken off the street mid season. The only position that hasn’t been decimated is WR.

Oh and that’s after losing both quarterbacks.

You should have been embarrassed if you didn’t put up 35 points.

#36385 2 years ago

They've been punching bags and popped up in practically every other season in recent memory.

Well when you haven’t won a playoff game since the Bush era… it’s well deserved

30 years now… are they due at least one win?

#36413 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Im still not convinced you even watch the games. The Bengals are first place in the north(they're in the AFC btw) 4-1 againt the division..Joe is playing some pirdy good football, just through for +500yards.. i mean, c'mon. Embarrassing to not score 35 points? Laid an egg?

Pardon me for not blowing burrows pole for your impressive .500 record over the last two months including losses to powerhouse teams like the jets, browns, and 49ers. You gonna defend those double digit losses with impressive qb numbers against a team with literally one starter, total, in the secondary?

Keep hugging those game stats against a dead shell of a team. They are meaningless. You got the win as you should have. But high fiving over the stats over the scrubs is acting like a team who has never won anything.

#36418 2 years ago

Lamar hasn’t been a good runner all season. The fact the offense has doubled their points output since lamar went down shows how bad he’s been playing of late. Not a good look for him coming up to the contract talks that have to happen this off-season

The ravens do not want to give the opposing team ANY freebies and always give the absolute minimum information about injuries… probably to the point of violating the intent of the rules.

Something was off with lamar all season with his mobility- and the implosion of the o line exposed him further. He gets caught from behind all the time now and he doesn’t do well in a crowd. So forcing him forward into the collapsing pocket has been his weakness. He’s been bad against the blitz… which for a mobile qb is wonky. He isn’t great with presnap analysis.

Huntley behind the same line you watch him scramble almost every snap because of the breakdown… but he was actually doing better at surviving it more consistently.

Nick boyle is another example of where they aren’t being clear on his health. The loss of boyle is what killed our running formula we used to such great success last year. With scrub rbs, missing our lead blocking te, and ricard being in/out now… the run game is a joke.

The best thing from this season has been Bateman’s performance as a rookie WR, hollywood brown showing he’s no longer afraid of contact, and the potential shown by Oweh and Queen.

The ravens will only have maybe 2-3 people from the secondary back next year. Stephens because hes the rookie, and humphrey.

I bought an Oweh jersey this year. I hope he keeps developing and we actually keep a DE/lb for a change.

#36420 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Tell us one football fact about Seymour, Westry or Young. You speak their names like you know their favorite colors or what high school they went to. Heck, You probably think a nickleback is a refund!

Have anything intelligent to say? Because you clearly can’t read.

#36421 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you hate the Bengals as a baltimore fan, or do you just think they are garbage in general?
I have to say, as a Football fan... I have enjoyed their surge upwards, and I hope it continues.

I don’t think they are garbage. They are the team i was most worried about in the division this year. But I am not going to sing from the rooftops when you successfully throw against a zone defense full of scrubs like you just set the benchmark of the future. Just like i called out mof for talking about the bills defense as “all time” team after just four games.

I don’t think the begals have been reliable enough this year go be a championship threat. But with the uncertainty of afc teams this year… who knows maybe they fall into something.

But it seems KC and the bills have shaken off their stink and are heating up at the right time.

Colts are getting better… and when the pats have their passing game clicking they are going to be hard to beat.

I don’t think the begals can hang with any of those teams if they are firing at full steam.

The only good team bengals beat all year was the ravens back in October. The KC game is gonna be the real test.

#36422 2 years ago

…and colts just lost wentz to covid list. The afc round table spins again…

#36425 2 years ago

Im kinda shocked players don’t want to be fully isolated during this home stretch

I mean teams can’t do it themselves because of the union but after line three weeks you’d think players would actually want to win and start making changes.

#36473 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Nah. Coinflip, TD, done. I hate that.

If the TD was such a gimmie… would they had been in OT to start with?

#36474 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Intelligence...you're talking about the cowboy's here.full stop

Oh man…. Yes i still hold a weekly vigil over that time there was a simple misunderstanding over an unnamed reference in a live conversation about several things. Many died over that simple cross up. Do you have this printed out and on your desk so you can make yourself feel good every day?

Meanwhile the bills (who i was referring to) are doing just fine.

Keep up the hard work Inspector Clouseau, you’re doing great!

#36476 2 years ago

They would if TDs are gimmes for both teams.

And how many OT games are shoot outs like that? It’s not really something worth changing everything over.

Most OTs are due to a team struggling- and why they went to sudden death rules in the first place… because teams weren’t being decisive. Everyone hates ties… this has been pretty good at avoiding them and not being a crutch for a team to get a score (like college).

Say no to penalty shootouts

#36553 2 years ago

Nothing Worse than waiting all week for your game… only to have it not on tv because of the stupid pointless wft game

#36646 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think most Cowboy fans with half a brain…

That’s a tall order…

The most boisterous fan base out there over the smallest wins….

#36862 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You can’t play scared or afraid of injury, it’s a loser mentality.

It's called "business decision". Playing max out isn't always the right thing for your team. Risk management is a huge reality in the NFL. This isn't backyard bragging rights at stake.

1 week later
#37332 2 years ago

On this day in history….

Video is not as exciting as the game was

#37339 2 years ago

hard to believe Eagles have led with four #1 seeds.. wouldn't have guessed that outright.

#37889 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My main issue is how they are paying these guys. It's just foolish. If you are paying them like the best QB in the league, they better damn well be THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE.
If the goal is to win, every dollar not wasted could go to improve the team elsewhere.
If Dallas paid Dak like a top 10 QB (which he is), then that would leave enough money to get an interior d-line...which they needed tonight.

Well that's just it.. they don't get to pay them based on their ranking but must pay what it takes to keep them. They are in competition with the other teams for talent. And honestly the void LEFT by a QB is usually more scary than overpaying the guy you do know what they are.

#37950 2 years ago

The monday night commentators are just awful…

I had hope when they dumped booger… but it seems they kept the same stupid comments

#38006 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Lot of you boys are picking the bills over the chefs..both teams can light it up offensively..hoping that both teams are healthy for Sunday nights game, could be a shootout

Bills are better defensively and strong offensively.

Chiefs have the X-factor in their players.

Both the Chiefs and Rams have been shown to be shutdown in earlier games. But when they go into superman mode, they are hard to keep up with.

#38078 2 years ago

as much as Romo was a guaranteed choker in the game... he runs circles around Aikmen in the booth. Guess Romo is the type that is way smarter than he could actually execute with under pressure.

#38151 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Next year all teams will likely practice leaving a gap for a ref to get through the line. We'll never see this happen again. Or... will... we?

Or just practice with people actually playing the refs on the field. I bet that was the gap in their practices… not actually mocking people in that role to deal with that external factor.

#38152 2 years ago

Should we call it the aaron rule?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33118636/nfl-halts-daily-covid-19-testing-unvaccinated-players-memo-says

NFL switches from proactive testing to testing if symptomatic

#38157 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

When you mentioned the "Aaron Rule", I thought you were talking about how every 50/50 call must go his way. And also, if you hit him with anything other than the force of a feather, a flag is flown for unnecessary roughness.

Brady already owns that rulebook

#38159 2 years ago

“ ESPN’s @diannaespn reports that Titans’ RB Derrick Henry will not be on a snap count today, he will have no limitations, and the coaching staff will keep a close eye on him to watch his conditioning and comfort.”
-AdamS

#38675 2 years ago

Give it to the bills - they gave us some serious entertainment this season! Is heartbreak in tbeir dna?

How about that all-fime defense eh?

#38676 2 years ago

That mahones magic is just such an x-factor and why I cherish any wins we have agaiyhim no matter what the scenario was. That guy with hill and that TE is just so unpredictable what they can make out of nothing

#38785 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I just noticed the thread

this is a bengals safe space.. should be in the title.

#38871 2 years ago

I had tickets to the NFCCG. Seatgeek apparently defaults to giving you a store credit to be used within the calendar year. I had to call to get that sorted and refunded back to my card.
[quoted image]

Those ticket brokers are pure scum. Charging you like 30% while also charging the seller like 25%. Total ripoff and that kind of 'oops, we thought this was better' nonsense fits exactly with their horrible posture.

#38917 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was buying tickets that didn’t exist yet. I’m almost positive he bought tickets in “Zone F” or something - the scalper didn’t even have them yet as they didn’t exist.

It was just a championship game.. so all the PSL owners etc basically know they have their seats to sell if they wish. Ravens love to make you pay early for playoff tickets.. and if the game doesn't happen, they roll your money into next year's obligation for season tickets..

#39163 2 years ago

yeah they ain't getting to Mahomes. Looks like unless you get some miracle INTs this is time to panic for Bengals fans.

#39182 2 years ago

that was a BS call at the end of the half.. ball is like 3yrds out of bounds and like 5yrds from the receiver. what happened to not-catchable?

#39197 2 years ago

hysterical bad planning here...

#39198 2 years ago

first they screwed up the national anthem... and now this? producer of this game is getting fired

#39312 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks like unless you get some miracle INTs this is time to panic for Bengals fans.

Great to see they found those INTs when needed! Good Job Bengals D.

2 weeks later
#40181 2 years ago

bengals were dead in first half of last game too... they just can't fall behind 21+

#40456 2 years ago

True story should be Stafford getting out of Detroit and cashing it in. Great job.

In this era, I was all about 1:25, 2 timeouts.. a hot kicker. Should be easy right?

WTF were those last plays? Where the hell is Mixon? The league's second best rusher this year? 4th and 1 and they throw it?

When Rams scored.. I was like 'This is what AD lives for.. a series of almost guaranteed throws every play'. And you could see on that series Bengals had zero time to get down the field before Joe had to throw. The 4th down call was a real disappointment.

Will look forward to studying the replay.. amazing how that series for the Rams broke out of what had been a real rut.

#40546 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Christ there was a Google phone commercial about how much better their phone takes pictures and video of African Americans WTF

It's a real problem in tech - differences in people's physical features lead to needing differences in implementation and minorities tend to be under represented in testing and implementation... so features tend to not work as well. Addressing that and marketing it as a differentiator is purely feature stuff - not political or work anything. It's legitimately something people need.

#40620 2 years ago

So will more teams be willing to make the big QB trade gamble after the Stafford win?

Or buy into the 'trade away all your 1st round picks' like the rams have?

I think Stafford's story is the one with the most legs.. where do he and kupp do next year?

#40631 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, I think the "get a good vet QB to win a super bowl" thing is underway and has been for a while. Don't forget Brady and Manning before him. Those weren't trades, but the result is the same.
The fact is, teams rarely will trade away their QBs, unless they really don't have a choice. For the always-rebuilding Lions, it made sense, but most teams are going to want to hold on to their franchise QBs. They don't grow on trees.

Don't agree with them being the same. Both Brady and Manning were well known winning commodities (Manning had the injury concerns) and both were FA signings. Stafford was a stats king but perennial loser over his entire career with the team. It's more of the question of taking a risk on a player being and asking "held back by the circumstances? or is he really incapable?"

The lions/rams deal was such a big shift in it was teams literally swapping QBs and not just gambling on a FA, etc.

Other big name deals of late have fallen through.. like Wentz... Foles... etc. There are a lot of teams right now with QBs that were supposed to be great talents but haven't panned out in their environment. Tua, Trubisky... or talent that hasn't broken through to the elite... like Winston or Carr. The wife-swap for the rams/lions was so much different than just signing a FA. Will others consider this kind of upgrade based on a hope the player just being trapped by their circumstances?

#40638 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I did not know this. I thought Carr was much older

The mascara adds 5yrs to his look

6 months later
#44496 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So quickly?
It's been almost THREE YEARS.
I just don't see the point. They aren't called the Redskins anymore so why call them the Redskins? Just to be obnoxious or stubborn?

Commanders is simply too long. Commies just doesn't fit either.

1 week later
#44829 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bills mafia wants a parade after 2 weeks?

Don't you remember last year with crowning them the best defense ever after 4 weeks?

#44841 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Well they were the best D in the league. So what's your point? Kinda goes against your argument here/Levi ass kissing.

Because people were passing judgement just a few weeks into the season after playing 2 scrub teams.... kinda like people now questioning perspectives just 12 days into the season.

And 'best D in the league' is not the same as 'best defense ever' or threatening the points allowed records. There's a crazy difference there. Just as crazy as believing a team will beat a season long record after 4 games.

#44845 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flacco is in mid career form.

If you mean mid-career as in 'unable to sustain drives' - yeah.

Week 1 3rd down conversions: 2 -14

Week 2 3rd down conversions were much better... because Flacco threw 50% less passes and they actually had a run game in week 2 avg 5yrds a carry.

Flacco is a career hot/cold performer. The good news is at least the kickers in NY will get more heat then he will

#44933 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Their player is garbage. Try to fast forward or rewind an hour. When i started last week's game from the beginning, it gave me 90 minutes of pre game crap.
It took quite a while to FF all the way through it. 15 second skip is extremely slow as well. It can't take multiple commands and queue them. If i hit 15 second skip 10 times, the player will not accept any input until the first skip is complete.
If all you do is turn it on and don't touch anything, your experience will be fine. I start games late and skip all the commercials and halftime.

comments are meaningless unless you also include what platform you were using. PC, Mobile, web, Roku, firebox, etc etc etc

#45097 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What is going on with the Redskins? A whopping 2 points so far...
I was actually rooting for them this week

They’re atill the deadskins…. Plus they screwed up my tv watching today because ravens/pats were on fox for some reason this week

Got to watch the pats fans hopes melt in real time here at the bar instead

#45157 1 year ago

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34664774/new-england-patriots-qb-mac-jones-suffers-leg-injury-final-pass-attempt

All that dancing when he should have just sat down at the end of the game...

#45173 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Allen is great, but Allen also lost the game for his team in 3 or 4 different plays.

The last series was a disgrace and showed just how off they were that day.

1:30+ left and that's what they got? Not a contender's look that day.

#45185 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Why does it still feel like preseason going into week 4?

Old standard was preseason was a few series and maybe a half game for skill positions or high value players. Now, teams are so scared of injuries and the longer season many starters didn't play AT ALL in the preseason games. Practices only.

#45281 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Miami fans hired strippers outside Hard Rock stadium in a tent before the Bills game:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1574861972981616640
Never been to that kind of tailgate party! But looking at the chicks I'd of passed.

Weak sauce - lookup when BangBros and others brought their porn stars to the Miami tailgates

#45494 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Cant wait for Bills v Ravens this weekend. Go Bills!, even though I would pull for the Ravens if they were in any other division, and Lamar needs to get paid.

It's gonna be a chilly wet one... 60deg and 80+% rain. Luckily I'll be under an overhang. Lamar's track record isn't as good in the rain so JK Dobbins needs to find his groove.

#45613 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The NFC has the only team left undefeated this season, the Eagles, and four 3-1 teams. The AFC only has three 3-1 teams and Miami just lost it's starting QB.

Going by pure records after 4 games.. you really think the Giants deserve to be ranked with the league's best? Or the Vikings?

Record =! strength and outlook.. especially with such a small sample.

#45795 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Wilson is garbage.... Seriously..... He looks terrible. He looked fairly bad last year, this year he is truly garbage.

Wrong system for his abilities. It will be the coaching that gets torched at the end of this.. not Wilson.

Doesn't help when you mix new coach, new coordinator, new system, FA QB, oh and you don't play in the preseason

#45886 1 year ago

Thank god - can finally breathe

Afiak they weren’t doubling chase. Will know more when watching the coach replay.

Peters and humphree both played man on chase. Plus a lot of zone early.

I hate how the ravens give up 6yrds after first contact.

#45888 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I wonder how many players were yanked today?
[quoted image]

No tbey yanked him for his stumbling afterwards.

It wasn’t media… when even the nflpa was leading the change to investigate

#45896 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

P.S.2.0 - I love Hayden Hurst, what a damn beast.

200w.gif200w.gif

But you know why we kept Andrews over him

The miserable part is the other reason we let him go (Boyle) has been hurt for so long.

The Ravens have so many starters lost to injury last year and for so long most people don't even know they were starters anymore

#45985 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It’s not like Adams went Dramond Green on the guy, but he definitely pushed the guy down on purpose. Totally avoidable.
People spinning it that the camera guy deserved what he got are dumb.

let's just do the judical thing.. and assign fractional blame

Dude was 33% responsible for not being responsible for his position.. and Adams was 67% responsible for his unnecessary physical response

Now everyone can be in the right

#46005 1 year ago

Shitty teams have to guarantee big contracts.
[...]It's going to take a good rebuild to clean off the stink of most of these franchises in this same position every year.

this-up.gifthis-up.gif

No one wants to sign up for that shitty experience on a short leash.

The alternative is you are like Dan Synder for his first 15 years... hiring and firing rapid fire and getting absolutely nothing done.

#46249 1 year ago

Its like ravens changed their entire defense in the 4th quarter. Ironic because lose via prevent was wink’s calling card.

Giants actually started catching balls and the penalties today really had the ravens killing themselves… again

#46428 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Big stadiums are passe, I doubt we'll ever see anything like Jerry's World again.

Eh? Both LA and Vegas are being praised to death... which both took Jerry's model and went even higher.

#46434 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They both seat about 30,000 fewer people than Jerry's world, so not sure what your point is.
It's pretty clear that the trend in the NFL is toward smaller stadiums.

AT&T - 80k base - expandable to 100k
SoFi - 70k base - expandable to 100k
Alligent - 65k base - expandable to ~71k

You're math for football is off...

And stadiums built since AT&T?
Metlife - 82.5k - Bigger
Levi - 68.5k - exp to 75k
US Bank - 66.6k to 73k
MB - 71k to 75k

You define that as a trend towards smaller? All of those builds are bigger than the NFL average. AT&T was an extreme as Jerry wants of course.. but not trying to top the extreme does not define a retreat.

#46435 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Swing and a miss

There is more to a stadium and complex than just seat counts.

AT&T - 1.5 billion
Metlife - 1.7 Billion
Alligent - 1.9 billion
SoFi - 5+ Billion

So yeah, I think people are reaching higher...

#46460 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Obviously no Football man has been forced out and owners don't like it becasue it sets a precedence.

The carolina pathers entered the chat…

#46467 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry bad choice of words; no owner has been..."fired" I guess you would say.
They forced Richardson out but Ol Dan gonna put up a fight

But all the other major sports have crossed this bridge... There isn't really any sacred ground left for the NFL owners to defend. This is all about the individual situation and managing damage control.

They don't want the deadskins sold cheap... and they want to contain snyder's retaliation.

They all just got beat up over the deal cut with the LA owner and all the backtracking on that. I think they are more adverse to opening potential wounds then they are about precedent.

#46482 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Richardson sold the team voluntarily. He wasn't "forced to." Same with Debartlo.

They were both pushed out. Who cares if there was acvote or not. You think Nixon left ‘voluntarily’ to just because he no longer wanted the job?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Snyder is such a prick you know there would be a long, drawn-out court battle if the NFL actually tried to force him to sell. I mean, whatever it takes, and however long it takes, and however ugly it gets, it'll be a wonderful day if he's ever actually forced to sell. It could take years.

Not if it’s the owners that do it on their own accord. Synder has no way to challenge that. The ugly is what he’d expose or try to drag out the actual transaction. But he’s got no leg to stand on to prevent it… he’d just drag everyone through the ugly along the way.

1 week later
#46854 1 year ago

first time watching NFL live on Prime this season... I know everyone complains... but I think the live X-Ray stats are pretty cool including these x/o maps for past plays live during the game.

#46855 1 year ago

Likely finally having his breakout game after showing hotness in Preseason...

#46864 1 year ago

OTA isn't compressed because it's still brought to you in 720p, or at best, 1080i.

No, the 2020+ 'NEXTGEN TV' standard allows for up to 4k.

The big benefit of OTA is the bandwidth. The grievance on most cable providers is the limited bitrate... bitrate >> resolution

#46871 1 year ago

I think like many they live for the world they get inside the team... the process, the surroundings, the cadence. Many don't know how to function or find joy outside the structure their NFL career gave them. It's hard work, but it's also a comfort blanket.

Last night Brady was plagued not only by a few bad throws, but a ton of dropped balls. I was scared to death thinking they had all three WR weapons starting.. Jones, Godwin, and Evans.. yet besides the deep throws Evans helped us more than we defended him.

And the bombshell ... Divorce - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34896047/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-announce-divorce-13-years

#47037 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Roquan Smith to Ravens

A little scary since he's another player without a long term contract.

#47158 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

If the Broncos were worth 4.65 billion, Washington should fetch 6 billion.

Yeah but they also desperately need a stadium... so the true cost is going to be much higher. Local Govs have all shunned paying for it and moving the team as part of buying it is probably a bridge too far for the other owners.

It's a horrible spot... an owner not motivated to sell... a worth no one will let be devalued... and heavy 'upgrade' costs sitting at the doorstep.

#47161 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't the big deal is everyone hates Snyder and maybe any other owner will have a lot easier time getting a stadium?
Just heard stuff in PTI, don't know anything aboot DC area stuff.

Synder was an extra stink that soured the marketability of any push to spend public funds. Without Synder it will be easier, but I still don't think either state is eager to fund a new stadium. Especially in this climate.

Recent deals where the skins were planning on a massive multi-use complex in Woodbridge didn't meet much resistance because it wasn't pushed as a public project, but rather the team buying land. The coresponding state house initiatives died and were tabled... VA has seemed more motivated than MD has been. MD basically has been playing to be a prude... not wanting to give much of anything... VA was playing more to lure the team.. but has become politically unfavorable again.

MD was only offering funds to develop around a stadium - and was holding fast against funding the stadium itself
VA has talked a lot, but not done anything of real commitment

And the team is trying to play MD/DC/VA all three....

The days of a fully funded public stadium seem dead. New ownership is going to have to earmark 2billion or more for a new stadium.

I don't question people will want to buy the team... I'm just saying the people that can manage the 6-9billion PLUS another 2-4 billion for a stadium in the first 5 years is going to be limited.

#47163 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup.
Once Snyder is removed from the equation, it will be MUCH easier to get a stadium built, in DC, Maryland, or Virginia. Maryland Gov. Larry hogan handed over $1.2 billion to the Orioles and Ravens for stadium improvements to be paid for with Lotto income and nobody even blinked:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-bill-signing-20220412-dptn5zqg7zgxpdt4hi37fe265e-story.html

The MD deal was an option for new Bonds for improvements predicated on the Teams signing new leases for the length of the bonds. Basically a carrot to secure extensions. And it's 600 mil per team... not nearly the same as throwing 1bil+ at a team that simply doesn't like their existing privately funded stadium and don't want to pay to improve it.

Personally I don't think MD cares if they lose the commanders back to DC or VA. Having them move out of region?? That would probably make more waves.

#47245 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Have Flynnibus and Tom Tomdrum ever posted at the same time?

eh? It maybe a time for your eye exam...

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.39.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.39.22 PM.png

#47254 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

At the halfway point of the season...I was not super accurate...so far at least. The bills and eagles lead their divisions, but most of the others are in second place.
I took a wild swing with a splash pick choosing the raiders, but that one has gone sour.
There is a LOT of football left, but this is my accountability post at the halfway mark.

Well don't worry.. most of your misses are big WTFs for just about everyone...

Raiders, Packers, Bucs, Rams... are all like recovering alcoholics that fell off the wagon.

#47282 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It looks like it was made by someone with a sense of humor.

We’re talking about cowboy fans…. Tbey only know how to defend the cowboys

#47283 1 year ago

A brutal stats highlight from espn

“ Stat to know: Trevor Lawrence's QBR is 8.0 in the red zone, which is the second-worst in the NFL. He is leading the NFL with three interceptions in the red zone and ranks 29th of 35 passers with a 43.9% completion percentage.”

#47380 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Jet's defense played a hell of a good game, the offense just enough to win

Jets moved the ball well and the final drive to eat the clock showed they had the size over the bills to manhandle them as needed.

Bills were really struggling again.. the injuries I guess are really hurting them. Jets looked real today.

#47444 1 year ago

This is… horrid

#47446 1 year ago

Its like they don’t know how to throw under prevent defense at all.

One first down in 3 qtrs? Jesus…

#47449 1 year ago

Need a next gen stat on how much distance mahones traveled tonight…

#47450 1 year ago

Brady 58 pass attempts today
Mahones 68….

:O

#47468 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

yes and Tennessee is the opposite all Run no Gun.Hard to win eventually.

Yeah but Tennessee's current game plan is based on not having a QB... unlike KC that isn't in the same deficit situation.

1 week later
#47873 1 year ago

The refs were successful in getting people to give up that oversight. It shouldn't be overturned very often being a judgement call, but it did get overturned a few times (I think literally 3x total?). Coaches are mostly morons about challenges, which shouldn't be overlooked in that overturn percentage.

This is a good piece on the subject https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29229997/goodbye-pass-interference-replay-review-lessons-learned-nfl-failed-officiating-experiment

(roughly 25% of calls were overturned)

The point you will find in most retrospectives on the topic was the disgust over the system was that even under review, conclusions were not really reaching a common consensus.. and the blame for that falls on the standards the refs were using even under review. The definition of 'reasonable' and what it took to overcome that under review was egregious enough that the review process caused more grief than it solved. You might even make a case that the guy in charge was not acting in good faith... and the guy got demoted after that year too.

TLDR - I am not convinced the review or not really is what we learned from that experiment, but rather than you need a good standard people believe in and apply consistently before you judge if reviews will fix things or not.

Case in point, look at the 'is it a catch?' debates... reviews didn't appease everyone, because there is still grief over the definition/standard.

#47918 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

In contrast, the dubious roughing the passer call (yes, it was dubious. . .both pass rushers decelerated midstream in a split second) posed no meaningful danger to Heinicke

I'll take 'Observations that are irrelevant for $1,000 Alex...'

Slowed down or not - not part of the rule so doesn't matter. The guy was on the ground before they even were within steps on them. They didn't realize what was going on until it was too late.

The guy who dived at him was 5yards away when he downed himself and he still ran at him and dove at him.. and only realizing late 'Opps... I shouldn't be doing this'. Too late. He went to tackle him well after he had already given himself up... not down him.. tackle him.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.30.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.30.11 AM (resized).png

55 is a mile away when the QB downs himself.

#47962 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Of course. My opinion is that if running the QB is your game plan, it rarely works. Lamar Jackson won the MVP running, but didn't win the SB.

He was also in his first true full season as a starter and wasn’t as good reading the field at the time. He blew it up that year because he started succeeding as a passer too… the year of ‘not bad for a running back’ quote. The dual threat and their sheer scoring output really drove that MVP season.

What makes these running qbs work now IMO is if the team is multidimensional in the run with the great blocking. It’s not just the elusive running qb scrambling… but another running formation with confusion that gets those two extra steps that make all the difference.

RG III just running around… road kill

Jackson with a fullback, big blocking TE, good RB… lots of presnap motion … and a perfect rpo… that’s what the ravens did in 2019 to have the huge advantage. Injuries to the TEs is what ultimately derailed that system.

#48084 1 year ago

Between rogers missing throws and miscommunication between him and the receivers... what more can anyone expect?

turrible-charles-barkley.gifturrible-charles-barkley.gif

#48146 1 year ago

Ravens look awful today… after coming off the lobg rest and bye this is pretty pathetic

#48162 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ravens got out of their own way to beat baker

Rebound INT for the highlight reel!

#48164 1 year ago

To continue the weird tv coverage today… dallas/vikings on cbs??

2 weeks later
#49166 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB…. No reason this SF team can’t win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer as well. Pretty sure he doesn’t have a lot going on. He is probably eating an omelette at some small mom and pop joint right now, with that ring on.

No reason but almost 20yrs of rules changes that have nerfed defenses ability to shutdown opposing WRs.

I don't think we'll see that kind of shutdown defense again in this league... that also scored pointed.

#49356 1 year ago

I love how this post aged…

FE817D25-E53F-4B81-AB3F-F5092C752449 (resized).jpegFE817D25-E53F-4B81-AB3F-F5092C752449 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#49951 1 year ago

This has to be the craziest weekend of football of all time. This has been insane …

#49989 1 year ago

Wow… what a fuck up by Washington. Ashame they didn’t get that PI at the end like they were owed

#49990 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

WTF was wrong with the formation ?

He needed to be on the line of scrimmage based on their te and wasn’t

#49994 1 year ago

To frame up just how bad the Raven's offense is of late...

"No Ravens wide receiver has caught a touchdown since Week 3; Mark Andrews hasn’t hit pay dirt since Week 6; the Ravens have produced just 220 net passing yards total in the last two games combined"

Yes we lost Bateman, but he was still more an up and comer, not a true #1.

#50053 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

So they might get Lamar back this week.
I would guess they are in WC 100% with one more win at 10-7, so it's not like there's big pressure.
Win Atl (without Lamar) or Pit (with Lamar) and don't sweat Cin.
Feels like a done deal.

yeah but this isn't a team whose goal is 'just make the playoffs' -- This team should have been in an arc to be a SB contender. The current roster has a lot of pieces that are not going to be sticking around or players that will be beyond their peak. This year really was the best alignment for a shot at going deep.

And the dismal offense and regression of lamar to not throw down the field combined with some injuries has basically made people hope for one Playoff win as the 'happy outcome' for the season.

This truly is opportunity lost and there doesn't appear to be any 'playing better at the right time'. Instead they look more and more like the implosion of last season where they lost 5 of 6 when lamar was out.

#50067 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Watkins to RAVENS

Bigger point is why... because they just put their #2 receiver on IR too. ugh.

On the bright side.. they never used them anyway!

#50305 1 year ago

Is it tua time?

1 week later
#50866 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Seattle is in a weird place with Smith, he's over-performed to expectations, but has been around as a back up for a decade, not sure what they do going forward with likely the 3rd pick in the next draft

Don’t bet on smith… or create your own nick foyles

#50868 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. This is horrible.

When you step back, It’s kind of shocking something of this magnitude hasn’t happened with all the televised games in the past. With so many medical emergencies that have happened at practices, etc. it’s really tragic that others have fallen to medical conditions that were previously undiagnosed. With this guy getting to the pros you’d hope all the medical screening he’s been through previously up to this point that high risk conditions should be out of the question. But our bodies are complex

#50878 1 year ago

It will be endless tails of half truths repeating…

#50921 1 year ago
Quoted from vidguy:

Agreed. And the NFL will spin it that it would be too traumatic to bring these teams back together so soon. They need to keep spinning after that “we didn’t say 5 minutes” fiasco.

The short week impacts are worse than the seeding impacts. My money is on no game being played

#50939 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm glad they stopped the game but lets be realistic here if both teams can play this Sunday what's the reasoning behind not finishing the game.......none period, nothing they say or do can justify it.

Neither team wants go play on short weeks or risk more injuries than they have to.

Playing healthy >> home field

#50950 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Teams regularly play Thurs and then the following Sunday, come on it's lame

No they don’t. They play sunday and then thurs and every team hates it. And the league cuts it out heading into playoffs- because it is such a punishment.

The nfl had every reason to use the spare week during covid and screwed teams majorly to not use it. I find that history hard to ignore.

#51109 1 year ago

Who leaves the league first? Tua or lamar?

1 week later
#51933 1 year ago

I'll keep trying to get in contact with support. If we can somehow get picks restored, we'll stick with the original values over the contingency plan. If you have other ideas fire away. If you disagree with whatever we ultimately go with let me know and I'll return your funds.

Just use a spreadsheet and forms to collect picks. U are talking a tiny data set

#52467 1 year ago

can we talk football without the name calling and mud slinging please?

#52497 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Do you think Brady throws to a tight end on fourth down with the game on the line well short of the line to gain when he has the best wideout in football on the field???

you saw the buc's final snap of the game last night right? lol

#52662 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Harbaugh is 200% confident LJ will be a Raven. I am not a math major, but it sounds like more than 100%.

I think getting rid of the OC was Harbaughs olive branch to LJ.

Unfortunately transparency is Harbaugh's weakest trait. You can line him up behind Belechick when it comes to training to talk without lies... but not honest answers either. ESPECIALLY when it comes to injuries or blame. He won't ever give an honest answer when it comes to blame and gives the barely legal answer when it comes to injury status.

I think dropping Greg R had more to do with the lethargic performance since they lost their true motion+TE+FB run game the last 2 years. All the talk about 'built an offense just around Lamar' - people act like this is some long drawn out thing. They did it basically with the roster they already had and did it in one offseason. The problem is since then, they haven't kept that kind of run game, and the passing game they tried to replace it with has been a failure.

The team showed signs of attacking the verticals in both preseasons.. and still in the last two years they decline into only throwing to the TEs and pretty much in the short middle.

The biggest knock on the offense has been the inability to scheme routes/patterns to get players open. The run game lost the deception/motion elements they leveraged so strongly in 2019. 2021 was a complete throwaway season due to injuries (and I'm not talking Lamar). 2022 was better w/o losing so many people to IR, but we had several that were very slow to return to full intensity (JK Dobbins, Stanley, the new Safety Williams, etc).

Ravens have no play but to sign or Franchise Lamar. I don't think Lamar will sit, but I really don't know if he'll give up this insane guaranteed money idea.

#53428 1 year ago

holy f... 800 msgs since last view. Must be the cowboys loss

#53430 1 year ago

I always love the cowboys martyr fans on my FB feed...

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 1.28.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-23 at 1.28.55 PM (resized).png

They always talk the most shit... loudest mouths over absolutely nothing.. center of everything... and when they lose they act like no idea why everyone has a hardon for rubbing it in their face.

#53434 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude I get it!I just don’t get a hard on for someone else’s misery

I don't either... until they've jumped around excessively and obnoxiously without instigation to talk about Dem Boys!

If they want to be loud and everyone talking about dallas about any good, they can handle loud and noise about bad too.

#53437 1 year ago

Better break Jamar Chase.. or you'll be chasing the scoreboard.

#54111 1 year ago

I just dropped in to check the temp of the bengals fans...

#54123 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

May both QBs get to play a full game, so we don't have another 3 hour disaster of a game.

This is how ravens fans have felt for the last two seasons...

Having games with 4 different QBs playing in the same game is no fun.

#54155 1 year ago

2nd challenge and losing your option for the rest of the game? yuk

#54340 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Both teams were banged up, left absolutely everything on the table, and the game came down to 1 costly mistake. Making sure you arent the last one to fuck up is part of being great in the NFL.

Kinda like the wildcard round... one decision went their way...and they win.. and in this round, one decision cost them the game.

#54384 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I suspect that the rebranding might also be part of the reason Daniel Snyder will sell. His passion was the Washington Redskins, I don't think anyone is passionate about the Commanders. Sustained winning on the football field will help, but locally the rebranding is a flop.

The rebranding is forced - hence it will never really take hold as long as 1) people aren't repelled by the old and 2) the new doesn't give them any reason to flock to it (the horrible team performance)

I don't buy for a second that not having 'redskins' in name has to do with Snyder conceding to sell - but it all about the untenable situation between him and the rest of the owners. The name is significant in terms of the battles he fought and lost - but selling because the name is gone? Nah.

The rebranding is luke warm because no one has a reason to like it.. and aren't running from the old. Its roll out was a fizzle because of the stupid temporary name and the branding effort to make it look tough and military hasn't taken hold.

#54392 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The weirdest thing about all of this is that the people who seem to be most bothered by the fact that they are no longer the Redskins are fans of other teams. Makes no sense to me why Cowboys or Dolphins fans would give so much of a shit but here we are.

No one burned their redskins gear... and no one bats an eye if anyone is wearing redskins gear around here. And I think the majority of the conversations I hear you hear people say redskins still over commanders... or just 'washington'. Obviously Media hold the party line and use commanders, but in regular old conversation its not like 'redskins' is some banned word. Still the source of plenty of jokes, jabs, and conversations... but its not like people have moved on and it's all just history books.

My take is all the fans are so over the synder drama they are defeated and just drag themselves forward, hoping no one brings it up.

#54402 1 year ago

"Breaking: Saints and Broncos are finalizing compensation in return for Super Bowl-winning HC Sean Payton, sources tell ESPN. This clears the way for Payton to sign with the Broncos to become Denver’s next head coach.
And so Payton is expected to head to Denver as the Broncos’ next head coach"

#54603 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Can anybody provide clarity on the extreme value differences?
Obv some teams sell more seats, charge more for beer, get more merchandise sales,etc etc but since TV money is probably the largest source of income and is pooled and expenses roughly the same.

you list all the 'except' as if they are inconsequential

Expenses... teams have infrastructure. People, stadiums, facilities... all that stuff is outside the unified salary cap
Teams negotiate their own branding deals with other companies.... "official supermarket of the washington commanders" etc
Teams have different customer bases to draw from to sell their lucrative suites, experiences, etc
Merch... think about it... Gear from Dallas is probably sold in every city in the country. How many cities do you think have LA Chargers gear on the racks? That adds up...

#54673 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be something.

Not with the wr room we have….

Jimmy g or carr are the only vets i see them even considering. I think plan b is non exclusive tag and let him test the market

#54678 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Both articles I read say he will be tagged.

Yes hence noting ‘non exclusive tag’. The problem with the exclusive tag is it doesn’t do anything to actually get him closer to signed… it just pushes the deadline. And after this season people doubt his level of commitment when playing under no contract. The exclusive tag locks him in, but doesn’t motivate him or change his perspective on his value.

#54707 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m wondering if it’s the chicken or the egg situation. Is it the QB elevating the WRs or the WRs making the QB look better.

when you watch Chase's routes and catches... it's clear he's on another level. Like Diggs... he will excel anywhere the QB can get him the ball.

#54715 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

And he should compromise somewhat for security rather than play one year at a time when he can become expendable if too injury like RG3 or regresses like Wentz.

Players know the majority of players only opportunity to get 'paid' is on their first vet FA contract. So if you are in his shoes, he wants max money locked in now.

The only 'security' Lamar needs is the one multiplying the size of the deal. Longer terms suit the teams more than the players. The players just want the most guaranteed money they can get in the shortest amount of time.

#54757 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

s stated above, watson just got a fully guaranteed deal and he had massive issues with his character and legalities

Yeah but the utter stupidity of one person doesn't define the behavior of the rest of the owners.

#55313 1 year ago

Came for the ref complaints- did not disappoint

Nevermind the special teams fail that set it up snd the two coverage meltdowns that handed kc two TDs

I hope the nfl removes that lame push wedge play. We’ve seen enough this season… no more push assist

#55494 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do we feel about the announcers?

Bland and forgettable.

Better than awful chris c… but no a-team

#55674 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The announcing team was talking that up as the obvious option right before the final possession. Made me wonder what happened to the good old Hail Mary.

because it's the obvious play call. No one can throw a hail mary pass 85 yards in the air... and the only way the hail mary works is if you are in the end zone or right next to it when you catch it. The eagles play was dumb through and through.. and the wimp throw was just insult to injury.

1 week later
#55904 1 year ago

also I tried to get a photo but wouldn't come out... seen driving in VA last night 'sell the team' bumper stickers.. lol

#55970 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The facilities, like everything else, will get upgraded when he's gone. Which I finally believe is inevitable. Just like when he finally changed the name, it's not his choice any more.

Im sure they’ll just move to a new spot as part of whatever stadium deal they cut. The current facility is in data center alley now and I’m sure can be sold off for huge money just for the spot.

1 week later
#56255 1 year ago

Been traveling so wasn't here for the tag deadline news... but as I said 7 weeks ago... Ravens would use the non-exclusive tag to use the market to convince Lamar to change his position instead of just using the exclusive tag to lock him up.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Not with the wr room we have….
Jimmy g or carr are the only vets i see them even considering. I think plan b is non exclusive tag and let him test the market

Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes hence noting ‘non exclusive tag’. The problem with the exclusive tag is it doesn’t do anything to actually get him closer to signed… it just pushes the deadline. And after this season people doubt his level of commitment when playing under no contract. The exclusive tag locks him in, but doesn’t motivate him or change his perspective on his value.

This path allows the Ravens to pay the a more true market value if they chose. Obviously Lamar has been dug in on a model that just isn't viable for EDC. Unfortunately I don't know if it really moves Lamar emotionally to be dedicated to the team.

There are still a lot of unknowns with Lamar's chronic issues - but at least the Ravens are in on those secrets. Other teams... not so much.

#56258 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding Lamar and not having an agent this is another PITA that makes it hard for him to get a deal. Agents are not essential but they are very helpful. They have contacts and like to get their players paid it's a win-win-win.

Seems like Lamar is worried about somebody making an honest commission off his contract so it might just end up costing him more than the 5% or whatever the percent agents get.

What Lamar is missing in not having an agent is not having someone on his team willing to tell him tough to face realities. The good agents have the experience to evaluate the situation outside of the player's individual assessments of the team or league. They have the experience in structuring deals that can serve their player while avoiding the team's pain points or concerns.

I honestly believe they are in the camp of "we don't need an agent" and worried about who they really are working for.. rather than being worried about a few points. And that's a naive view... one we will have to see how it plays out. Score card isn't really in his favor so far.

#56263 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Also negotiating for himself he’s likely too emotional and too dug in to see the forest for the trees.

This is the biggest part. If you listen to former execs like Pat Kirwan talk about the situation this is the part the agent serves the best. Being that reality check to help the player see beyond the emotional stake. It's a business with lots of moving parts - when you lose the objectivity you are bound to make choices that hurt you. The best player doesn't always get the most money - and that's not because someone cheated them - but includes other factors like timing, place, where the rest of the competition was at at the time, etc. The key is to optimize the various factors to get the best deal they want.

The agent also serves as the emotional shield between the player and the ownership. You can let the agent take the blows or play the bad cop, etc.

Not getting a deal done last year has hurt his stock tremendously. Between his performance, health, and all the deals that have landed since... he's far worse off now than before. The Ravens won't cave for an awful deal - I truly believe they are ready to walk if need be.

#56605 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure if it’s collusion because there is a lot of effort to get a deal done with this one player. It’s not every player, you see Jason Kelce or Slay they just work with the clubs so get a deal done. It’s not painful or at least not aired out in public.
Then you have this one player who only wants to get a Watson type contract.

If you call it 'collusion' or not - obviously the owners talk amongst themselves over that contract like Watson's and many do not want that to be the norm. So if many of them agree they don't want to repeat that mistake... are they colluding in a negative fashion or just acting as a common front? This is not an open market. I think this kind of behavior is inevitable in this closed club of NFL owners.

Quoted from rai:

Anyway the other clubs don’t have to be in collision to understand that they don’t want to deal with this one player and if they did a good deal Baltimore would likely just match it. Pat Kerwin said other clubs don’t want to do all the work for Baltimore to just match it. It’s like Lamar doesn’t want to work with Baltimore but as the collective bargaining says he’s under their control for x many years with the tags. They can tag him 3 years in a row and pay less than what he’s asking for.

My take, Baltimore operated in good faith, and ultimately just went to the open market to be another voice to try to convince Lamar. I think Lamar did and does want to work with Baltimore - but I think he is entrenched in getting the kind of deal he thinks he should get. The market's feedback to him is the voice that was assumed but not heard - now it's being heard. Will Lamar listen? That's the TBD.

Don't expect Baltimore to keep tagging him. Baltimore will defend to get its compensation for him, but isn't going to look at the tag as the way to retain Lamar as their QB1 like Washington did with Cousins. I don't expect Baltimore to continue this dance beyond this year. They will invest in moving forward.

Will Lamar sit? I think it's a high probability he will... if he's played with fire this long, I think he'll keep doubling down. I am only hoping this FA period wakes him up. If he gambles that he can wait this out until a team gets desperate enough... I think it only gets worse for everyone involved from here on out. Be attached to a shit team but get your deal deal?

#56625 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Seems like Ravens fans calling the Baltimore sports radio station have lost patience with both Lamar and the team.

Should have stopped right there... all local daytime sports talk radio is basically garbage.

Quoted from DanMarino:

I wonder what Lamar's dream scenario is?
1. Big guaranteed money with the Ravens, but a stinky team around him?
2. Big guaranteed money with a different stinky team?
3. A good amount of guaranteed money, with a championship caliber team someplace else?
4. Take his talents to South Beach for a home discount and no state taxes?
5. 2 or 3 year deal someplace and try and hit the market again for a bigger piece of a bigger salary cap down the road?
6. Anyplace but Baltimore?
7. Only in Baltimore?
8. Any NFC team! The AFC has too many QBs.

His desire to win isn't going to change - so I doubt he would take a deal with a deadbeat team. But he's dug in on the contract... he wants his cake.

Players don't want to face the difficulties of running the business because they know their lifetime in the league is short. They want their cut while they can get it. They aren't wrong - but they also need to be realistic.

#56691 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I think it’s borderline unfair how little Running Backs are valued (paid) in relation to their usage. I’m sure because they are almost replaced with rookies or practice squad players.

That's just it... they are considered 'a dime a dozen' and have short usable spans. It is quite ridiculous because they will account for a solid portion of your yards and TDs in almost every offense.. yet they are paid worse than your #2 WR and have very little job security.

But reality is it's a position most teams can pretty freely sub players in.. and get 'most of' similar results. Hence.. low value. Linebackers are another example of depressed values.

Tackles there are less of them that are able to do a good job.. so they are paid well. More so than many of the DEs that stand opposite them.

Look at the huge drop off in WRs too... the price a top #1 like odel tries to demand.. vs what a #2 guy will get.

#56734 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So why would Cleveland think Watson was great when he never won anything in the pros and has all that baggage? Why pay that contract and give all that draft compensation for a baggage player who might not be a top10 QB?

Cleveland Browns... nuff said.

#56745 1 year ago

Jim Kelly >> Marino

1 week later
#56923 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2023/3/27/23658253/lamar-jackson-is-the-latest-star-to-request-a-trade-from-the-ravens-nfl-trade-free-agency-news
Ravens fans gonna come in and explain this all away.... Hurst requested to be traded, Orlando requested to be traded, Hollywood requested to be traded, now Lamar requested to be traded. That is quite a few highly drafted dudes trying to leave. Maybe something else to the story here....

Hurst was playing behind others and couldn't get reps to showcase him in the system to be a star.. of course he wanted out. Also unsaid by Hurst, is how he stunk up his early opportunities and why TEs like Pitta and Andrews were stars in Baltimore and Hurst was showing to be a draft dud. The Ravens had Andrews and Boyle.. they had no need for a 3rd TE who wanted to play the role Andrews was absolutely killing it as. So what did they do? They made out like bandits in the trade with a 1st, 2nd, TWO 3rds. That's a windfall.

TLDR - Hurst was in a crowded TE room and didn't shine when given the opportunity

Orlando left because he wanted to be the highest paid tackle in the game. He wanted to be a Left Tackle full time... and again, the team already had a franchise level player at that position. So again, player caught in a crowded room. The ravens weren't going to pay him league leading money... and what did Orlando Brown just do again? leave to chase more money.

TLDR - Orlando wanted to be the player the ravens didn't need. FA allowed him to chase that money. It was always about landing that contract.

Hollywood Brown wanted to be the splash WR but he proved himself to be soft and never able to run after the catch. The combination of the offense style plus brown's "selective" play made him unable to optimize the game he wanted to play. No one was surprised about brown leaving given the OC at the time, Brown's play style, and his lack of durability. He's undersized and soft. So what did the Ravens do? They drafted a BIGGER guy who was supposed to be better (Bateman).. and again.. crowded a player to where their salary wasn't going to be what that player wanted. And the Ravens turned Brown into draft capital which drafted the best rated center in the draft ever.

TLDR - Brown was not worth #1 money, got replaced, and turned into profitable draft capital

Lamar - we know the story... he's chasing a historic contract with an amateur at the steering wheel. The 'asking for trade' just shows how little control he's had against EDC and the ravens.

#56927 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

And there it is

but am I wrong?

Or would you just rather rant with the national view without any of the actual insight? I mean I know people love drama.. but you should prefer non-fiction when it comes the NFL

I mean, the headline is nice and catchy - but the postulate is dumb. Teams trade and let FAs go all the time - it's how the business works. The article even covers much of what I did as well... all the situations were more than just one player in isolation. Because again, that's how the business works. None of those guys ran because they didn't like the org.

#56929 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Fact or Fiction: Highly drafted players are requesting to leave the Baltimore Ravens.

Long understood fact - The Ravens don't pay league record deals. Insert your own drama.

Jez... should we be posting stories about why Hill requested a trade from the chiefs? Or Ronald Jones while a SB contender? Or Tony Gonzales? Or any number of countless players EVERY SEASON from nearly EVERY team?

This story is manufactured drama. Under the current CBA players are incentivized to make their second contract their big payout deal.. and owners are incentivized to replaced aging veterans with rookie contracts. Players know if they can't be seen as league elite at the time of their second contract, their hopes of ever getting a massive deal drop off enormously. Young players don't have the luxury of just playing it out.. and they're more active than ever in trying to position themselves for that contract.

#56932 1 year ago

Yup… after letting z smith and judon walk… and countless other LBs and dline before them. Baltimore has churned out tons of defensive players they let test the market verse set the market with.

This was a standout transaction that they wanted to anchor the defense around. I happy with it and hope his durability continues

#56935 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

We still talking about the record contracts that B-More doesn't give out??? When you say "long understood" is that like two weeks?
https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2013/03/04/joe-flaccos-record-contract-what-you.html

Even back then Joe's contract was well understood as all show. It was a contract with two bloated last years without guarantees that everyone understood would never be paid out. And that's exactly what happened. It was so news worthy because of it's total number.. which was more fluff than bite. He got his upfront guaruntee, and the rest was team friendly.
I mean look at this piece from the period.. https://www.nfl.com/news/joe-flacco-s-ravens-contract-includes-52m-guaranteed-0ap1000000146725

"As Breer pointed out on Monday's "NFL AM," Flacco's deal in essence is for three years. That's because he's due $29 million in the fourth year, which "will not be workable" unless the salary cap explodes once money from national television contracts kick in. Breer added that Flacco's 2013 salary cap number is less than half of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's. "He certainly did the Ravens a favor," Breer said on "NFL AM."

They negotiated an "extension" to rework the deal in 2016... because just as anyone following along knew, the prior deal was never going to actually play out.

You keep doing the same shit over and over... posting headline shit without any of the real context under it. What's with your boner for hating on the ravens lately with headlines instead of actually caring about the details? Did EDC drop a deuce on your doorstep last week? Did you get triggered by a Lamar Jersey on the streets?

The ravens are not as cheap as the begals... but are well known for letting talent walking vs over-paying. Sorry this wasn't in a headline you can just google for... but this 27yr inaugural PSL holder can explain to you.

Flacco's deal isn't even the kind of high priced deal most Ravens fans actually cringe over. More like the deals given to Jimmy Smith, Webb, or Ronnie Stanley (due to all the injury time)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

462 posts in this topic match your search for posts by flynnibus. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.