pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,137 of 1,514.
#56801 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

Eagles lost a lot of players.
Did Hurts have his career year in 22?
History hasn’t been too kind to Super Bowl losers.
Lions are in a much easier division

#56802 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Did Hurts have his career year in 22?
History hasn’t been too kind to Super Bowl losers.
Lions are in a much easier division

Yeah pretty much everything there...except SB losers have been doing well as of late.

#56803 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah pretty much everything there...except SB losers have been doing well as of late.

None of em have made it back.

#56804 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

None of em have made it back.

Oh sure but not like when they wouldn't even make the playoffs the next season...or was that SB winners?

#56805 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Did they really lose that much though? TBH I'm impressed with their offseason. I only see the LG and DT being impact losses. They clearly believe ILBs, RBs, and safeties aren't worth big investments

I think they should win the east again but also Dallas will make it competitive once free of the Schultz and Elliott oopsies!

#56806 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did they really lose that much though? TBH I'm impressed with their offseason. I only see the LG and DT being impact losses. They clearly believe ILBs, RBs, and safeties aren't worth big investments
I think they should win the east again but also Dallas will make it competitive once free of the Schultz and Elliott oopsies!

Their LG loss should be replaced by Cam Jurgons who is the heir apparent to Kelce but can play guard. They did lose depth on the O line but they’ll draft a couple.

#56807 1 year ago

Khelsi the schoolteacher has made strong performances and is likely a top selection

#56808 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Spot on. Losses:

Hargrave- career year in 2022- 11 sacks. Averaged less than 4 sacks a year in Pittsburgh in his first 4 years and 4.5 sacks 1st year in Philly. The rest of the D-line gave him more opportunities last year. SF paying $21M over the next 2 years. Replacement in the draft.

Dillard- A bust who rarely played.

Sanders- RB's are replaceable. CAR paying $6.2M a year for him.

Seumalo- Getting $8M from the Steelers. Eagles #10 pick will take NW kid Skoronski if still on the board.

Edwards- 3yrs $19.5M from CHI. Replacement is on the roster.

Epps- 2 yrs @ $6M a year. Draft replacement or Blankenship who played well steps up.

White- 2 yrs $5M each. Average LB easily replaced.

Gardner-Johnson- Eagles wanted him but he overvalued himself and went to DET on less money after Eagles retained Bradberry and Slay. Plus they picked up Greedy Williams cheap as a backup.

Eagles still have a ton of talent after those losses. We'll see how 2023 plays out.

#56809 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Spot on. Losses:
Hargrave- career year in 2022- 11 sacks. Averaged less than 4 sacks a year in Pittsburgh in his first 4 years and 4.5 sacks 1st year in Philly. The rest of the D-line gave him more opportunities last year. SF paying $21M over the next 2 years. Replacement in the draft.
Dillard- A bust who rarely played.
Sanders- RB's are replaceable. CAR paying $6.2M a year for him.
Seumalo- Getting $8M from the Steelers. Eagles #10 pick will take NW kid Skoronski if still on the board.
Edwards- 3yrs $19.5M from CHI. Replacement is on the roster.
Epps- 2 yrs @ $6M a year. Draft replacement or Blankenship who played well steps up.
White- 2 yrs $5M each. Average LB easily replaced.
Gardner-Johnson- Eagles wanted him but he overvalued himself and went to DET on less money after Eagles retained Bradberry and Slay. Plus they picked up Greedy Williams cheap as a backup.
Eagles still have a ton of talent after those losses. We'll see how 2023 plays out.

Didn’t just last week you said they won’t make the playoffs?

#56810 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Didn’t just last week you said they won’t make the playoffs?

Talent doesn't always equate to making the playoffs. Chemistry and a team staying healthy throughout the season is key.

#56811 1 year ago

I cant believe SF has not addressed the QB position.Well they made it worse so far.
GM says they are looking around,seems a little late.

#56812 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I cant believe SF has not addressed the QB position.Well they made it worse so far.

Cam is ready.

#56813 1 year ago

Fair point, Jimmy G doesn't throw more than 4 yards either

#56814 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Is it possible they are just gonna roll with Mr. Irrelevant?

#56815 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With Darnold in the wings

#56816 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jesus they had to push back the surgery because there was too much swelling....like 2-3 months later?!
Its a system...they think they can plug on anyone and it will be OK. Maybe they're right, we'll see

#56817 1 year ago

Maybe we will also see for once and for all if they wasted all the draft capital on Lance.
Of course that ship seems to have sailed so far.

#56818 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus they had to push back the surgery because there was too much swelling....like 2-3 months later?!
Its a system...they think they can plug on anyone and it will be OK. Maybe they're right, we'll see

Teddy Two Gloves worked out great in Miami, so maybe he could play a few partial games for the 49ers in 2023.

#56819 1 year ago

Detroit currently rolling with no backup QB too so either they are planning on drafting one relatively early next month or getting someone uninspiring from the David Blough, Nate Sudfeld or Chase Daniel level of dreck.

#56820 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

... so either they are planning on drafting one relatively early next month....

They better not be. Of hoping they're still not carrying one to try to get some draft order help.
Teddy is still out there.

#56821 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Detroit currently rolling with no backup QB too so either they are planning on drafting one relatively early next month or getting someone uninspiring from the David Blough, Nate Sudfeld or Chase Daniel level of dreck.

they snoozed on the talented Josh Dobbs!

#56822 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They better not be. Of hoping they're still not carrying one to try to get some draft order help.
Teddy is still out there.

They have 5 picks in the top 81 so if Holmes wants to take a shot with a project QB this draft is a good a time as any.

Just Say No to Teddy. He may be the best option out there but I hate the idea of paying top dollar for catastrophe insurance with limited upside

#56823 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

They have 5 picks in the top 81 so if Holmes wants to take a shot with a project QB this draft is a good a time...

Its not a good time with the first few picks, you need to deal with the holes in the D if you want to contend. Drafting a qb is pretty pointless, doesn't help anything when your team is headed up and not very usefull as an actual backup

Teddy 6.5 I dont knownif id call top dollar but I understand what you're saying. But I f Goff has to miss 3 games it won't seem like a lot of he wins you 2.

#56824 1 year ago

Can't believe a missed this classic - Walterfootball.com is known for mock drafts, draft grades and FA signing grades. Looks like they have a special grade for signings they deem especially poor, potentially franchise altering, decisions.

I hate Matt M***** so fkn much when a friend gave me a signed copy of his book on Penn State sports I asked him if he would redact all mentions of M*****

Panthers sign WR Adam Thielen (3 years, $25 million; $14 million guaranteed): MILLEN Grade
Patriots sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (3 years, $33 million): MILLEN Grade
Lions sign RB David Montgomery (3 years, $18 million): MILLEN Grade
Colts sign K Matt Gay (4 years, $22.5 million): MILLEN Grade

#56825 1 year ago

I use walter football as pretty much my only FF source these days. The site is an absolute wreck, but the content is good.

#56826 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Can't believe a missed this classic - Walterfootball.com is known for mock drafts, draft grades and FA signing grades. Looks like they have a special grade for signings they deem especially poor, potentially franchise altering, decisions.
I hate Matt M***** so fkn much when a friend gave me a signed copy of his book on Penn State sports I asked him if he would redact all mentions of M*****
Panthers sign WR Adam Thielen (3 years, $25 million; $14 million guaranteed): MILLEN Grade
Patriots sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (3 years, $33 million): MILLEN Grade
Lions sign RB David Montgomery (3 years, $18 million): MILLEN Grade
Colts sign K Matt Gay (4 years, $22.5 million): MILLEN Grade

Detroit should quit hiring dudes named Matt...

#56827 1 year ago

No thank you

Screenshot 2023-03-23 172113 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-23 172113 (resized).jpg
#56828 1 year ago

SF signs Austin Bryant from Detroit.How good can He be ?DE

#56829 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Detroit should quit hiring dudes named Matt...

Amazing part is its hard to tell which one was worse. Millen is the easy choice but im not so sure...he at least did dumb shit a normal person would think of.

Quoted from jandrea95:

No thank you
[quoted image]

Starting a gofundme to make sure he's a Bengal...god that would be great

#56830 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Among part is its hard to tell which one was worse. Millen is the easy choice but im not so sure...he at least did dumb shit a normal person would think of.

He was a good player but it doesnt always factor in as an Exec.

#56831 1 year ago

Quoted from TheLaw:Amazing part is its hard to tell which one was worse. Millen is the easy choice but im not so sure...he at least did dumb shit a normal person would think of.

Starting a gofundme to make sure he's a Bengal...god that would be great

Thats just mean

#56832 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fair point, Jimmy G doesn't throw more than 4 yards either

ha speaking of this i just heard SF tried to sign Big Ben last season

#56833 1 year ago

Not possible ,Niners dont sign criminals

#56834 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No thank you
[quoted image]

Please let it be the Jets.

#56835 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Please let it be the Jets.

He and Rodgers would be a great duo.

#56836 1 year ago

I did like it when Zeke jumped into the giant Salvation Army kettle. Rodgers has never done anything I like.

#56837 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Rodgers has never done anything I like.

He beat the Steelers, which I love.

#56838 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He and Rodgers would be a great duo.

Zeke tweeted he wants to wear #15 next year. That rules out the Eagles since that number is forever retired for Steve Van Buren. Thank God.

#56839 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He beat the Steelers, which I love.

fuckingbungels (resized).jpgfuckingbungels (resized).jpg
#56840 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I use walter football as pretty much my only FF source these days. The site is an absolute wreck, but the content is good.

Truly the Millen of website design

#56841 1 year ago

NFL competition committee did not recommend a rule change prohibiting pushing the QB, aka the Eagles 4th and 1 call. Copycat league, let see what other teams use it.

#56842 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

NFL competition committee did not recommend a rule change prohibiting pushing the QB, aka the Eagles 4th and 1 call. Copycat league, let see what other teams use it.

Boo. Just say no to rugby.

#56843 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

CFL man are ya

#56844 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The QB sneak has worked for years. Eagles with an athletic QB took it up a notch. Imagine Kyler Murray trying that play. Sean Payton will be running it.

#56845 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

The QB sneak has worked for years. Eagles with an athletic QB took it up a notch. Imagine Kyler Murray trying that play. Sean Payton will be running it.

Ball carriers should be moving forward by their own efforts. Otherwise eventually some team snaps the ball to a primordial and a lineman shotputs him down the field 30 yards at a time

#56846 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Ball carriers should be moving forward by their own efforts. Otherwise eventually some team snaps the ball to a primordial and a lineman shotputs him down the field 30 yards at a time

I'm all for it!

Quoted from tomdrum:

The QB sneak has worked for years....

Yeah other teams just didn't do it as blatantly, but so what. Like anything else, don't like it? Then stop them.

#56847 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah other teams just didn't do it as blatantly, but so what. Like anything else, don't like it? Then stop them.

I've yet to see a method to stop it. It's still a risk, but damn effective. My guess is it'll stop once a qb has their leg crushed in a scrum.

#56848 1 year ago

My guess is it'll stop once a qb has their leg crushed in a scrum.

Yup

#56849 1 year ago

I've yet to see a method to stop it. It's still a risk, but damn effective. My guess is it'll stop once a qb has their leg crushed in a scrum.

Now that Sean Payton is back coaching, I'm sure he will cry and cry for a rule change.

#56850 1 year ago

I've yet to see a method to stop it.

Eagles were 90.5% or 29 of 32 on 4th down QB sneaks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,137 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.