IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1594 8 years ago
Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Stern updated their Facebook cover page to this. Maybe we'll get some kind of announcement Monday...
Chris

IMG_4771_(resized).PNG

3 words. Smell the glove.

4 months later
#13235 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's random. It has always been random

Except in tournamnent mode. During the deadflip stream (I think) Dwight explained you get (#ghosts captured / 10) guesses correct and then you fail.

1 month later
#15298 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

My LE waiting to be picked up at my distributors

Mine is sitting beside it, waiting to be delivered.

#15304 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

When they delivering I'm picking mine up Thursday.

Waiting on the call from their delivery coordinator. If don't hear from him today I will shoot Adam an email. I am patient, but would like to have it before I leave for CAX, otherwise I will not get to play it until after pinburgh.

#15306 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Waiting on the call from their delivery coordinator. If don't hear from him today I will shoot Adam an email. I am patient, but would like to have it before I leave for CAX, otherwise I will not get to play it until after pinburgh.

Just got the call. Tomorrow morning.

#15335 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Slimer
Taxi driver
ghost cat
flying fish ghost
I don't think it changes any game play, it's just really cool.

And both scolari brothers. It does change gameplay during storage facility multiball. Instead of just alternating between the 2 drops, there is a third state where one of them is in the goggles and no drop is up.

#15405 7 years ago
Quoted from Elgringo:

I dont see much talk of strategy's for getting the big points or most consistent methods for tournament play. So, how are people playing the game??

I have been playing on location a fair bit and now have about 10 hours on my LE at home. I don't know the single best strategy for me yet, and what I do in competition is situational. Here is my too long thoughts.

1. If extra balls are on. Get a lot of extra balls. This approach I usually start with WBTD, chain into WGO the try to find finish HSM. If I drain, I'll move to spooked librarian. Next focus on SF and collecting ghosts to get to ghost extra ball. After this point, evaluate the situation and go for MH or WCWSWKIA as appropriate. Take Tobin's every chance you can, it awards EBs. 100-200M. Sometimes blow it up.

2. WCWSWKIA all day. Skill shit SL, move into BOM, worry about nothing else. Start the mode, craddle up and start cranking left ramps. Important, don't stack the mode with SF, don't want to worry about scolari brothers, or having the diverter activate (not sure what conditions will cause this). I fail at this often, but more likely to break 1B.

3. MH all day. Collect ghosts. During ball save hit ghost target. Focus on SF early, you can collect a lot of ghosts in it. Go for the safe ghost shots when the opportunity is there. Remember to save video mode for later if in tournament mode. Take 5X skill shot. Almost always fail to score big.

4. My competition approach (I am not too reliable). Take WBTD skillshot because it is easiest. During ball save bring out slimer and then hit the skill shot. Focus on captive ball until SF lit, then focus on completing modes. Make situational calls. If score is big, or a big bonus is held, take 5X skill shot, otherwise mode start.

#15517 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Folks,
Greetz from Good Ol' Germany!
I have two lil' questions to all LE-Owners:
My GB LE came with no water spirit level bubble. As I have seen GB Pro with levels installed I wonder if Stern has forgotten Mine (or am I too dumb to find it? Help me out in that case; thx!)...Right beside the shooter lane there's nothing!
I have big Problems with My left ramp:
Around 50% of the balls fly off before turning right into the ramp curve and land somewhere in the left plastics. Air Balls par excellence really getting on my nerves. As WE think WE have tried Everything now (coil power, grade of the machine) I'd like to Know if someone has the Same Problem...or a Solution maybe?
Thanks for helping out, pals!
Lars

Level. Yes. We got one!

Ramp. If it is truly happening at the top of the ramp, then are you missing the plastic that covers it? I get a lot of air balls that land behind the library, but I think those are off the 2x target it ramp flap.

IMG_20160715_075049_(resized).jpgIMG_20160715_075049_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160715_075303_(resized).jpgIMG_20160715_075303_(resized).jpg

#15598 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It may be this.....I cant say all new ones are fixed, Im not at Stern, and its possible Pros that had the playfield done already.
or for that matter even an LE that wont have the raised out lanes.
I guess I can only speak for mine and a couple other LEs I know of.
In that regard, I shouldnt assume that this is a fix across the board.
Perhaps others that are receiving now, or this week, etc. can chime in.

If you or someone else with higher guides could measure the height that would be great. If they are higher, I would like to know the new standard. Also, what does it look like from below? Are they using a new part, or are they just setting them higher?

#15638 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was the coin door closed while it was updating the node(s)? It won't update right with the coin door open.

There isn't even a switch on the coin door. Open vs closed means nothing on GB.

#15647 7 years ago
Quoted from lash:

There are not so high voltage like before spike.
so you dont must have the switch.

I know, with 50V I was super scared to do anything. But now with 48V I am licking contacts to see if they have power.

RIP coin door ball save setting. You will be missed.

1 week later
1 week later
#16148 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

n/m... think what you like.
Sh!t like this is why I rarely even come to this site anymore. Only wanted to read this GB thread since I'm looking to get one. Of course it's riddled with nonsense as usual

That is fixable. My thread is littered with "ignored user post".

1 week later
#16302 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I know they won't admit it, but the developers do follow these threads, and our concerns and criticisms will be heard and hopefully taken into consideration.

Dwight stated at CAX that he tries to read everything written about his games. Something to remember when choosing your words (general statement, not criticising your post). The are real, passionate, creative people reading your words. The internet tends to encourage hyperbole and disrespectful language. Be excellent to each other!

2 weeks later
#16744 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

My ball time is on average much shorter on my GBLE.

Although I agree with smokedog, I am not saying you are wrong. I am curious if you are stating this from feel or by audits. I can say my average ball times on GBLE are longer than my ACDC premium by audits. Shorter than STLE, but that is no surprise.

1 week later
#16951 7 years ago

Did my usual ghost hunt today and found a 4th insert, the lightning bolt. Shooter lane is also much more beaten up than any other game I own.

I guess I will update my distributor this week.

IMG_20160905_161211 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161211 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160905_161229 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161229 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160905_161122 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161122 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160905_161327 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161327 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#17142 7 years ago
Quoted from Ausfester:

The octo goggles break if you put more than one player on it.

Could you please elaborate. I have not noticed issues with ecto goggles on any LE in multiplayer.

2 months later
#17628 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

what does this stand for?

We are ready to believe you

2 months later
#17841 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oops, blew the Coil for the subway eject during some maintenance. Now this is a 090-5036-ND but I can't find the ND version easily. Can it be replaced by one with a diode? I see two version 090-5036-01 or 090-5036-OT what is the difference between these and are these interchangeable?

You can just cut the diode off. It is easier just to stock with the diode and have people cut them off then carry more types.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=imharrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.