(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 455 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by N-Squared
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
    12.jpg
    1.jpg
    Stories.gif
    Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 166.
    #2201 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Get those standup target decals for your Frankenstein. I had them on mine and they look great - way too many blank white standups on Frank.

I've seen them before, and the standups are definitely a little bland. I'll take a look at them.

#2202 6 years ago

KIMG0807 (resized).JPGKIMG0807 (resized).JPG

#2203 6 years ago

Not GI, but think how much money was spent for this backbox kit to make the game look terrible.

FB_IMG_1517804813506 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517804813506 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1517804797800 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517804797800 (resized).jpg

#2204 6 years ago

Yeah, those backbox kits are rough, man. Not a fan of those at all.

#2205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Everything in moderation.

While everyone else is fighting about lighting, can I please get some info on this Pharroah? I saw it mentioned that this is an alternate BG. This thing looks amazing.

#2206 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Not GI, but think how much money was spent for this backbox kit to make the game look terrible.

I saw that on an Aerosmith and thought something was wrong with the game.

#2207 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, those backbox kits are rough, man. Not a fan of those at all.

I'm not a fan either and it doesn't make sense when it cycles through all the colors while at the same time washing out the artwork.

#2208 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Relax, Maken. Its just pinball. I don't play tournaments, but at the ones I have seen there has always been plenty of overhead light to supplement any game play. Colored GI has never posed a problem for me as far as playing is concerned. I was just commenting on these blanket statements saying *all* colored GI is impossible to play. That's pure BS for the casual player. Which is probably a large percentage of the folks here and even larger outside of this site.
    Its one thing to dislike puked games because of how they look. Some I don't like, some I do. Aesthetically, I don't care for even white LEDs in some classic games. But there's been comments that my puked games were unplayable...and that's simply not true.

As the biggest clown puke hater on pinside, I think the argument about play-ability of colored GI is irrelevant.

If the guy wants to squint while he's playing or play with the overhead lights on, whatever, who cares? It's his game.

The issue at hand here is personal taste in art.

It's impossible to argue about taste in art. BUT you CAN have your own OPINION of what you like or don't like.

Prior to this thread, a guy would take his pin and put random bulbs in the backbox and purple bulbs in the GI and then post up pictures on pinside and everyone would politely compliment the game.

No matter how awful and brain-dead the game looked, everyone would politely golf clap like it was a big improvement.

Finally there is this thread where a handful of people are saying that they think it looks horrible.

The people who are saying it looks horrible are not doing it out of malice, they actually think that the games look horrible. That's not a big stretch, if you look at the pictures in this thread, you can see that the games do indeed look like pure crap.

Some clown puke people are outraged that this thread exists and are trolling it under the smoke screen of arguing some thoughtful point.

That's basically where we're at: some like the light bulb rainbow of random dumbness, some don't. Lots of hurty feel-feels over it.

Personally, I really love pinball art and I think it's some of the most epic commercial art ever produced. My dislike of clown puke comes from my appreciation of pinball art.

There's something really sad about washing away all that epicness behind a purple haze of dumbness.

This translite is awesome, maybe it deserves better treatment than the colored bulb syndrome.

cirqus_voltaire_bg (resized).jpgcirqus_voltaire_bg (resized).jpg

#2209 6 years ago

I disagree with you on multiple points. Where you are vocal you might not be the biggest hater.

And then you said this -

Quoted from irobot:

...Finally there is this thread where a handful of people are saying that they think it looks horrible...

Handful? I think not -

PukePoll (resized).jpgPukePoll (resized).jpg

#2210 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I disagree with you on multiple points. Where you are vocal you might not be the biggest hater.
    -

I'm over 6'-5", I'm probably the biggest clown puke hater.

Well, only in terms of height. In terms of width, who could say? Ever since people started drinking 32 oz sodas, the biggest width title is always up for grabs.

#2211 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

And then you said this -

Handful? I think not -

there is a lot of sarcasm in those polls. 48 of those people in the enjoy it column are being sarcastic.

#2212 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I think the argument about play-ability of colored GI is irrelevant..... BUT you CAN have your own OPINION of what you like or don't like...

Agreed. I have a Comet here at work that already had white LEDs behind the backglass and I don't even care for that... I kept my Comet at home with incandescent because I think the art looks better with the spread of the light from standard bulbs vs.the focused light of LEDs. I put warm frosted white LEDs behind the translite of Maverick, as I would never put colored bulbs behind photograph. Many of the examples posted out here are horrible. I don't think there's any better way to light that CV art with anything but white, as it has a crazy amount of colors to begin with. IMO, of course.

#2213 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

As the biggest clown puke hater on pinside, I think the argument about play-ability of colored GI is irrelevant.
    If the guy wants to squint while he's playing or play with the overhead lights on, whatever, who cares? It's his game.
    The issue at hand here is personal taste in art.
    It's impossible to argue about taste in art. BUT you CAN have your own OPINION of what you like or don't like.
    Prior to this thread, a guy would take his pin and put random bulbs in the backbox and purple bulbs in the GI and then post up pictures on pinside and everyone would politely compliment the game.
    No matter how awful and brain-dead the game looked, everyone would politely golf clap like it was a big improvement.
    Finally there is this thread where a handful of people are saying that they think it looks horrible.
    The people who are saying it looks horrible are not doing it out of malice, they actually think that the games look horrible. That's not a big stretch, if you look at the pictures in this thread, you can see that the games do indeed look like pure crap.
    Some clown puke people are outraged that this thread exists and are trolling it under the smoke screen of arguing some thoughtful point.
    That's basically where we're at: some like the light bulb rainbow of random dumbness, some don't. Lots of hurty feel-feels over it.
    Personally, I really love pinball art and I think it's some of the most epic commercial art ever produced. My dislike of clown puke comes from my appreciation of pinball art.
    There's something really sad about washing away all that epicness behind a purple haze of dumbness.
    This translite is awesome, maybe it deserves better treatment than the colored bulb syndrome.

Orrr.....

Some people obsess over light bulbs in a pin, sitting in a basement, far far away while others just couldn't care less.

NOTE: Your feels about dumbness, sadness, horribleness and hate, are noted. You're in a safe place now, its alright.

#2214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, that looks horrible. You can barely see any of the artwork or the true color palette. And Frank is a colorful game. Mine with cool white and some added cool white spots.

Since we are all in a safe place where opinions of all types are welcome...Let me be the first to say that dear lord, at least put warm whites in that beautiful game! Looks like the lighting inside of my refrigerator. (lets see how tolerant this crew really is to differing opinions)

#2215 6 years ago

On a scale from the Titanic to 9/11, how terrible are these?

Awful. Just Awful. (resized).jpgAwful. Just Awful. (resized).jpg

Oh god no. (resized).jpgOh god no. (resized).jpg

Pictures courtesy of a person selling LED conversion kits on eBay. The real kicker is the warning that's posted in the listing. It reads: "Safety Warning: Super Bright Quad 4LED bulbs are exactly that, Super Bright, please do not look directly into the light without eye protection, or under playfield plastics, or behind the backglass."

I agree. You shouldn't look directly at the lights under the plastics or behind the backglass.

#2216 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Pictures courtesy of a person selling LED conversion kits on eBay. The real kicker is the warning that's posted in the listing. It reads: "Safety Warning: Super Bright Quad 4LED bulbs are exactly that, Super Bright, please do not look directly into the light without eye protection, or under playfield plastics, or behind the backglass."
    I agree. You shouldn't look directly at the lights under the plastics or behind the backglass.

Hard to say without a single light on in that room but to get to catastrophic levels of lens flare they need more purple bulbs for sure.

#2217 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

These go to 11.

#2218 6 years ago

Yes, definitely 11s there. No amount of ambient or overhead light could make these anything but a pinball crime.

#2219 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Waco

#2220 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Orrr.....
    Some people obsess over light bulbs in a pin, sitting in a basement, far far away while others just couldn't care less.
    NOTE: Your feels about dumbness, sadness, horribleness and hate, are noted. You're in a safe place now, its alright.

Hey look, our little troll friend is out of exile and back to typing his little insults over and over again.

How fun for him.

#2221 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Hey look, our little troll friend is out of exile and back to typing his little insults over and over again.
    How fun for him.

Yeah, and Maken is the one who gets the boot. Screwed up.

#2222 6 years ago

If you keep it to comments about the games, fine. I don't care if you call my games shit or not. I'm the one who buys, sells, keeps, or plays my games and loads up whatever bulbs I want. Those that stray into comments about Pinsiders will get whatever is coming to them.

#2223 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

If you keep it to comments about the games, fine. I don't care if you call my games shit or not. I'm the one who buys, sells, keeps, or plays my games and loads up whatever bulbs I want. Those that stray into comments about Pinsiders will get whatever is coming to them.

Everybody should just stick to passive aggressive thumbing, like Colsond3 and who-dey, right? Gotta keep it real mature and avoid that childish crap, don't we?

#2224 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

tumblr_n8835zWMPR1re204ao5_r1_1280 (resized).pngtumblr_n8835zWMPR1re204ao5_r1_1280 (resized).png

#2225 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Everybody should just stick to passive aggressive thumbing, like Colsond3 and who-dey, right? Gotta keep it real mature and avoid that childish crap, don't we?

Lol i find it hilarious that you bring my name up when i haven't even posted anything in this silly thread in forever. If it wasnt for you and like 2 or 3 other people, this useless thread would have been dead the same day that it started because NOBODY cares about it.

Thanks for putting me in the same group as Colsond though, he's a pretty cool guy and a guy that i don't mind being compared too!

#2226 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol i find it hilarious that you bring my name up when i haven't even posted anything in this silly thread in forever. If it wasnt for you and like 2 or 3 other people, this useless thread would have been dead the same day that it started because NOBODY cares about it.
    Thanks for putting me in the same group as Colsond though, he's a pretty cool guy and a guy that i don't mind being compared too!

You don't need to chime in. Just keep those thumbs down coming. That's all we really ask or expect from you.

#2227 6 years ago

I haven't even been giving hardly any thumb down votes either that i know of? Maybe a couple to irobot here or there because he says the same things over and over and over again day after day after day.

I do think its hilarious though that i am stuck in your head as bad as i am especially in a thread that i find so stupid and boring that i wont even participate in anymore. The good news though Jar is if you keep having these thoughts of Who Dey running through your head uncontrollably that there is help avaliable for you. Good luck Buddy and if i can be of any help to you please dont hesitate to let me know.

#2228 6 years ago

Ssshhh. Just go. Just stop clicking on a thread you dislike so much. Do that for you. Sure, we'll benefit from that too, but do it for you.

#2229 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Ssshhh. Just go. Just stop clicking on a thread you dislike so much. Do that for you. Sure, we'll benefit from that too, but do it for you.

Thats pretty much exactly what i have done. I still pop in to laugh and smh at how silly you 3 or 4 grown men are acting though about colored LED's. I find it pretty comical but just not worthy of posting anything about it in the thread. Don't you think that your pinball knowledge is a little better than wasting it on a clown puke thread?

#2230 6 years ago

No thanks. I don't need any added blinding ramp lights, either.

FB_IMG_1517871616160 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517871616160 (resized).jpg

#2231 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't even been giving hardly any thumb down votes either that i know of? Maybe a couple to irobot here or there because he says the same things over and over and over again day after day after day.
    I do think its hilarious though that i am stuck in your head as bad as i am especially in a thread that i find so stupid and boring that i wont even participate in anymore. The good news though Jar is if you keep having these thoughts of Who Dey running through your head uncontrollably that there is help avaliable for you. Good luck Buddy and if i can be of any help to you please dont hesitate to let me know.

I like the way that the trolls to this thread declare that the thread is beneath them, as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.

And they insist that everyone else is "triggered" as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.

And they insist that everyone else is a hateful jerk as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.

And they insist that everyone else is a "basement dweller" as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.

Starting to see a pattern there?

All because someone had the nerve to say that a pinball machine that's glowing bright purple looks bad.

#2232 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I like the way that the trolls to this thread declare that the thread is beneath them, as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.
    And they insist that everyone else is "triggered" as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.
    And they insist that everyone else is a hateful jerk as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.
    And they insist that everyone else is a "basement dweller" as they fill up 45 pages with petty insults.
    All because someone had the nerve to say that a pinball machine that's glowing bright purple looks bad.

Yes. The pattern is you copy and past the same panicked 1500 word soliloqy about lightbulbs in peoples basements far far away lol.

2000 words if someone has the nerve to say a game doesn’t look terrible.

Get over it and post terrible pictures of pins lol.

#2233 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I can't say what i want to anyway without the moderators getting on me or ejecting me from the thread so why even bother? If i told you how i really felt i would get banned permanently from the thread and im not willing to give you that satisfaction.

#2234 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

like Colsond3 and who-dey, right?

Trolling is inaccurate. I've tried to participate in this thread as a member, a contributor and in a constructive and agreeable way. I have also disapproved of some of the personal attacks and antagonistic comments being made, and in turn responded poorly myself. I've still checked in here and there, both upvoting and downvoting as I would in any other thread.

When a fellow Pinsider chimes in without me even posting and throws a random "go f$&@ yourself" without verbal or typed provocation, over a few measly downvotes (albeit downvotes because his posts were again attacking another Pinsider and their intellect) apparently the mods stepped in. That's what happens.

The three or four main people that post here seem to want to have their own little gang, and that's fine if that's the case. Others coming in here, like me, think some of these games look horrible (which is why I clicked on this thread in the first place) and some of them don't look all that bad. But apparently those opinions and participation aren't welcome here.

I got a call from a 20-year-old kid Sunday morning that needed help with his Elektra. Only game he has, but a cool game at that. When I arrived, it looked like a Smurf. Rather than call him a moron, an idiot, and push him away from the hobby, I gave him a handful of cool white 2SMD LEDs, and explained the benefit of removing some of the colored ones. If handling it that way makes me a bad person, then so be it.

To be honest, I didn't really care what his game looked like or what bulbs he chose to put in. I just thought it was cool as hell that a 20-year-old kid had a pinball game, and he was really excited about it.

#2235 6 years ago

It's even spread to the National Cathedral in Washington DC. Lol

DSC_9144-994x664 (resized).jpgDSC_9144-994x664 (resized).jpg

seeingdeeper_lightshow16__7 (resized).jpgseeingdeeper_lightshow16__7 (resized).jpg

seeingdeeper-athmosphere-nationalcatherdral-hero (resized).jpgseeingdeeper-athmosphere-nationalcatherdral-hero (resized).jpg

#2236 6 years ago

Get Ready.....!!!.....Winter Olympics have RGB!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2237 6 years ago

The Russians already won.

FB_IMG_1517894172369 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517894172369 (resized).jpg

#2238 6 years ago

Good grief, enough with the passive aggressive trolling, already.

This was supposed to be an entertaining thread like the "pinball horror", "worst pinball hacks", or "craigslist laughs" threads, but if you can't refrain from commenting about perceived personal affronts, drain it and move on and stop raining on the rainbow LED parade.

#2239 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'd rate it Banana.

#2240 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Someone watched too many TNT videos.

#2241 6 years ago

53cd71b25e2b9536496be487870149f0b7f41770 (resized).jpg53cd71b25e2b9536496be487870149f0b7f41770 (resized).jpg

#2242 6 years ago

Ugh... that poor CC

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#2243 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief, enough with the passive aggressive trolling, already.
    This was supposed to be an entertaining thread like the "pinball horror", "worst pinball hacks", or "craigslist laughs" threads, but if you can't refrain from commenting about perceived personal affronts, drain it and move on and stop raining on the rainbow LED parade.

There is a easy fix ban the 3 obvious trolls.
    Wayout440, who-dey and pinfactory2000.
    Instead of a founding member of the club MAKEN who stepped a little over the line because of constant trolling by these 3 who go un-moderated.

#2244 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

There is a easy fix ban the 3 obvious trolls.
    Wayout440, who-dey and pinfactory2000.
    Instead of a founding member of the club MAKEN who stepped a little over the line because of constant trolling by these 3 who go in moderated.

Lol. The entire thread is a trolling thread. People pointing and laughing at others and telling them they shouldn't like things they like.

if a troll thread gets trolled then it shouldn't surprise or trigger anyone. Just enjoy it for what it is.

#2245 6 years ago

Lol. The entire thread is a trolling thread. People pointing and laughing at others and telling them they shouldn't like things they like.
    if a troll thread gets trolled then it shouldn't surprise or trigger anyone. Just enjoy it for what it is.

And here come the trolls again. Just f#@& off already. This is a club for people who don't like color gi. If you like color gi then leave and drain the thread.
    You wouldn't go into a twilight zone club thread and say how much you hate twilight zone.

#2246 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Yes, they shot a couple of nice holes in the front of that cabinet!

#2247 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't say what i want to anyway without the moderators getting on me or ejecting me from the thread so why even bother? If i told you how i really felt i would get banned permanently from the thread and im not willing to give you that satisfaction.

why?

what is so wrong with this topic?

here we have a new fad where people are hugely changing the look of pinball games by putting colored bulbs in them.

they're not changing the look a little bit, or doing some small enhancement, they are making the original game art disappear in a glow of LED light

a lot of times the lighting is so random and goofy it looks like the work of a 5 year old.

why would you expect that everyone would like this huge change?

why are you outraged that some people don't like it?

do you think that nobody should say so?

seriously, look at the pictures in thread and ask yourself if everyone should politely praise them

#2248 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Trolling is inaccurate. I've tried to participate in this thread as a member, a contributor and in a constructive and agreeable way. I have also disapproved of some of the personal attacks and antagonistic comments being made,

and in turn responded poorly myself.

I've still checked in here and there, both upvoting and downvoting as I would in any other thread.

50% of this thread is people like you self-righteously moralizing or being very rude and then claiming you were forced into it by the clown puke haters.

some of us don't like a bright pink translite.

we think it ruins the game art.

sorry we let you down

#2249 6 years ago

Yes. The pattern is you copy and past the same panicked 1500 word soliloqy about lightbulbs in peoples basements far far away lol.
    2000 words if someone has the nerve to say a game doesn’t look terrible.
    Get over it and post terrible pictures of pins lol.

Hey look, our little troll is writing the same sad little assortment of insults again.

What a surprise

#2250 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

You wouldn't go into a twilight zone club thread and say how much you hate twilight zone.

If they entire thread was filled with posts saying people should like TZ and are wrong if they dont you bet I would lol!

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/45?hl=_kirk_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.