(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,209 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 248 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 58 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 150 votes
      33%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_157961_0 (resized).jpg
    rainbow-centaur-mens-t-shirt (resized).jpg
    FdmlqFrR_400x400 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_084956_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_085002_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_0257.gif
    Screenshot_20240314_124458_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-190113 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8057803_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7360 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7324 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7307 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    id-44 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
    img_0604.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#380 6 years ago

I love all this color puke shaming. Don't let up. We can de-color GI one game at a time. It's the noblest of all goals.

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Because a lot of people love that crap?

But it IS crap.

People doing this to their machines have poor taste and are putting awful aesthetics over playability. These are pinball sins. They should feel bad and they should repent and seek forgiveness.

#403 6 years ago

I've had to de-purple several machines I've purchased, which sadly came with an upcharge for the "premium LEDs" in them. Luckily where I'm at, purping isn't very common. I rarely see colored up machines, but there are some serious hotbeds of colored GI pinball machines and I just expect to see them when traveling to those areas.

#407 6 years ago

"Welcome to Hell."

3 weeks later
    #695 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Best thing you've said so far sport.......
    Here are a few tastefully lit pins with James' help of pinballbulbs.com as a counterpoint. some UV and blues in the GIs.....god forbid.

I'm a week and a half late, but HOLY JEEZ THESE ARE HIDEOUS.

Enough with the UV. Enough with the blue. Enough with the purple. No more.

#699 6 years ago

A game that looks like that isn't for play, it's for show. It would be terrible for both.

I have to laugh at how many "tricked out" games we see posted online that still have the default high scores on them. They literally spend more time putting LEDs and trinkets in than they do playing the things.

#718 6 years ago

Most of the arcades I played in were fairly dark, and I prefer to play with the lights off today. I think it's easier to play with the lights on though.

#754 6 years ago

Man, here's the deal with the colored LEDs in GI. They look bad. Objectively, they're bad. If you like them, your opinion is wrong. You are wrong in the way that a child's scribble is objectively worse than the Mona Lisa from an artistic perspective. You might like the scribble more, but it doesn't mean that anybody else needs to validate that opinion...because it's objectively wrong.

#778 6 years ago

I just want someone to tell me how adding a bunch of color to this would make it any better. The game already has plenty of color in its art and inserts. It's well balanced and it looks good as it was originally created.

TZleds (resized).jpgTZleds (resized).jpg

#784 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean at least pick the colors yourself instead of buying kits.

NiftyLED's kits come with either warm or cool white. Colored GI isn't even an option.

#787 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Someone did add a bunch of blue LEDs to the white inserts. The rollovers, left ramp inserts and dead end were originally white.

Hah, you're right.

#802 6 years ago

Pretty awful.

There's no exception. No color GI.

#804 6 years ago
    Quoted from ajfclark:

What about a game that ships with it? eg. Space Station's green GI during multiball?

Oh, that sort of thing is different. That was done with the original art. Like, AC/DC has awesome use of color changing GI, but most of the modding we see is just a disaster and the art was never meant for it.

#810 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Price Police. LED Nazis. Everybody wants to be an expert and dictate the way they think things should be. Shaming, pulling the " BS Authority Card" , crowd piling of like minded sycophants.
    To those who illuminate their games they way they see fit, more power to you.

You're in the wrong thread. Colored GI pinball machines should be shamed so we can get rid of it. It's the worst "mod" out there.

#853 6 years ago

Attack From Madness

#855 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

And that's not even a real pin, that's a virtual pin. There's no playfield LEDs there.

I know, and that's his point. Even when you can't swap the playfield LEDs, people are still finding ways to screw everything else up with LEDs.

#861 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Even if you dont' like andy warhol or Yokos art....the fact still remains, that their art pieces are illuminated with................wait for it.........................WHITE light!!......Holy shit, who would have guessed that paintings are displayed with white warm lights.

YOU DON'T KNOW!!! Maybe John Youssi draws in a studio illuminated solely by Christmas lights and that's how he wants his art displayed.

There were some real Light Emitting Disasters posted on Facebook tonight in Pinball for Sale.

#870 6 years ago

Nah, my 5-year old boy has better taste than to clown puke our TZ.

Clown puke harms playability. I was really irritated about this row of pins at Pin-a-Go-Go one year that had all blue GI. I think it was a Dirty Harry, Demolition Man, and one or two others. On top of that, they used black pinballs. You could barely track the ball. It was a total joke. It was obvious that this person favored their crappy aesthetic over play.

#874 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Like many others have done, I have blue LEDs under my Taxi upper lane plastics. It looks good matched with the blue plastics, and i don't think it destroys the art. "The horror"...

But, like, it does look worse than white. That's the rub.

#879 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And yes......JAR......an artist could make a painting or drawing for an art show that creates it with the intent to be displayed with a certain kind of light. But if he is doing that for effect, he is going to be very particular on what color pallet he uses, knowing how it's going to be displayed. It's like, if you are making a painting for black light, you are going to use black light ink.

Certainly we know better though, right? I mean, I GOTS TO GO BLUE.

#885 6 years ago

Nah, let's make this a little more understandable easier to relate to, because the purpers are having a hard time understanding. Colored bulbs in GI are:

- Socks with sandals
    - Fanny packs
    - Man buns
    - Tucked in hoodies
    - Popped collars
    - Muffler whistles
    - Baby blue leisure suits
    - Singing bass
    - Beer guzzler hats
    - Leopard print pants
    - Checking your Twitter feed during a movie in the theater
    - Crocs
    - Truck nutz

#928 6 years ago

Those lighted speakers look like no-class garbage. So do those lighted leg "protectors."

Why is this thread filling up with idiots defending the clown puke? It's not a thread for that. It's a club thread. Every post arguing against the main topic is off-topic and all it does is derail the thread.

#956 6 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Here is the before pinstadium pic for that STTNG above. If the owner had done a better or proper job of lighting up his game with incandescent or warm/natural white leds he wouldn't need pinstadium lights.

It's very true. Besides looking terrible, colored GI makes the playfield look far more dark.

#980 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I can't tell the hyperbole from the sarcasm from the stupidity.

Hyperbole = when someone says colored GI looks almost good in some cases
    Sarcasm = when someone says colored GI looks good
    Stupidity = when someone says colored GI doesn't look bad

There ya go.

#981 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Since its christmas time here's my leg out the door to the "Bumpus hounds." Check out my awesome Galaxy. Lots of blacklights and a flourescent white ball. Oh the humanity!

This looks absolutely stupid. Ridiculous that you would even accept that in your home.

#988 6 years ago

Barry was being polite.

#1005 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Have you met Barry? If he thought it looked like shit, he would say it looked like shit. I know what the purpose of the thread is, and I'm not one of these clown puke advocates you keep referencing. Bout dat!! (Whatever the hell that improper English means)

My BSD has a little touch of blue...and the beloved speaker lights everyone is raving...I mean ranting about. LOL. And nooooo! That's not lighted flipper buttons is it? Rip away fellas!!!

This looks bad and you should feel bad.

#1011 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man whomever said poor BSD suffers the most called that one right

Usually I'd argue that Bride of Pinbot gets purp'd the most, but man, BSD is making a hard charge for all-time worst.

#1062 6 years ago

Poor Bride, she always gets purp'd. I always like how games like this end up in pinball for sale groups and the description always mentions "tasteful" LEDs added.

We're going to need a thread for these awful high school freshman who just discovered Photoshop custom translites too.

darkpurp (resized).jpgdarkpurp (resized).jpg

bridepurp (resized).jpgbridepurp (resized).jpg

#1067 6 years ago

By the way, here's a good Instagram feed full of pinball tragedy: https://www.instagram.com/purplepinball/

#1069 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Nothing wrong with that bride....she's a beaut. The game has very little color in it anyway.

Oh, wait, you don't see all the purple in there? That's really odd...

#1075 6 years ago

There's no reason for the off-topic posting to be here. If someone went into another club thread and started intentionally trolling it and causing problems, they'd be ejected right away. Trolling a club thread is childish, lame, and just reeks of someone who has nothing better to do than to intentionally aggravate others.

#1080 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I think trolling a hater thread it totally appropriate. The entire premise of this thread is to mock peoples games. You've got to at least give them a chance to respond. No other club threads are meant to mock.

Nah, tho. It's a club thread.

Also, people doing this legit deserve the shaming. They not only created these eyesores, they are then trying to sell them and charge extra for their "tasteful" LEDs that they've added. If you wanna purp, purp in secret.

#1085 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

If you feel your games need to be factory then your a member of the status quo and either just lack creativity or are too afraid you efforts would equal and epic fail. I dont want my blackout to look like every other blackout. I want it to look like MY blackout. If you think Ive insulted the playfield art then your the one thats overly sensitive. Viva la LED's!

That looks ridiculous. I'm also noticing strong inverse proportional relations between white lights to grammatical errors.

#1093 6 years ago

Someone probably bought it to save it, kind of like buying an abused dog so they can give it a better life.

#1097 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Can we see a pic of your Tron or AFM?

I can take a better pic of the AFM later. I don't generally take a lot of pics of my own games...

AFM (resized).jpgAFM (resized).jpg

Tronclean (resized).jpgTronclean (resized).jpg

#1101 6 years ago

I found that Demolition Man I played at PAGG that had black balls. It was REALLY hard to see the ball.

DemoPurp (resized).jpgDemoPurp (resized).jpg

#1103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

How absolutely generic. Which one of your wives holds the current high score?

Your attempt at humor is sophomoric.

Also, if you're going to accuse anybody of being generic, maybe pick an avatar and not use the absolute lamest username possible. Maybe try that. Maybe also try not to use the oldest and worn out joke available.

#1106 6 years ago

Hey, I caught a vision of how much better my game could look if only I made it POP with color.

TronPops (resized).jpgTronPops (resized).jpg

#1123 6 years ago

Haha, they even purp'd the topper.

#1126 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Are there purp'd flipper toppers yet?

There are lighted flipper bats. Close enough?

#1131 6 years ago

Está tudo bem.

#1132 6 years ago

Está tudo legal.

#1135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wouldn't this guy qualify for the "Broken record" pinside violation? You know like 50 posts ago?

Don't fire cannons in glass houses, dude.

#1146 6 years ago

I use LEDs in most my games, but for GI, I will only use white LEDs. I color match inserts. LEDs are great, but putting color where color doesn't belong...that doesn't make the game pop. That makes the game look bad.

#1234 6 years ago

Cue Ball Disaster for sale on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1513536223430 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1513536223430 (resized).jpg

#1241 6 years ago

If you're going to sell something, you deserve to have it nitpicked. And that's an outright mess, so it's not even getting nitpicky to criticize the LEDs.

#1242 6 years ago

I know it's a Pinsider, don't care. If you're going to ask money for it, expect criticism.

FB_IMG_1513554208598 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1513554208598 (resized).jpg

#1267 6 years ago

Don't bring up Pinside rules. You're in a club thread derailing it constantly. See how long you last trolling a club thread about a game. I don't understand why all the purpers are even in here. THIS. THREAD. IS. NOT. FOR. THEM.

#1268 6 years ago

Those games look like garbage.

#1298 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

You know, just three words can set you free.
    Focus. On. Yourself.

Is that why you're in a thread that has a title that clearly shows that the thread is not for you? It's a club thread. If you don't belong on the club, don't sit in here and get upset about the content

Focus. On. Yourself.

#1310 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I completely agree. Because honestly, watching middle aged men cry about light bulbs is comedy gold!

I think you have your accusations backwards. We've shown some pics and said, "this looks terrible." Then we've had a flood of apologists come in and cry about our opinions. Then somehow when we've doubled down on our "this looks terrible" statement, they've accused us of crying about bulbs after they've ran to mods and even Robin himself. I mean, what? If you're going to do something stupid to your game, and if you're going to "show off" that stupid decision, you shouldn't be all that surprised when someone calls it out.

#1327 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Oh, if that were only true.............................
    ebay.com link » Last Action Hero Complete Led Lighting Kit Super Bright Led Lah

They use Comic Sans for their listing description text. I'm not even mildly surprised.

#1328 6 years ago

More like Operation Blunder, amirite?!

dang (resized).jpgdang (resized).jpg

#1356 6 years ago

I don't like it, but it's way better than what madness a lot of people tend to do with Spider-Man.

#1374 6 years ago

I don't mention the LEDs when I buy a clowned game. I just get it home and remove them and replace them with white LEDs. I have a ton of colored bulbs in a tupperware case.

#1433 6 years ago

Probably decided by the LEDs, not so much by personal decision.

DefinitelyNot (resized).jpgDefinitelyNot (resized).jpg

#1462 6 years ago

Misaligned flippers, but you would never notice anyway. Can't see anything in that mess.

FB_IMG_1514102212122 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1514102212122 (resized).jpg

#1467 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I'd rather not be able to see the horrible Hook artwork. Fucking makes me sick just seeing it. It really is so queer looking. A man fairy; a guy with a head full of woman's hair wearing an oversized dress showing off his twig legs in stockings; then a buncha damn kids. No

Oh, cool...homophobia!

#1470 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

STFU with the PC Police comments. Seriously. Coupla pansies defending Hook artwork. Jesus Christ.

Using terms like "queer" or "fairy" as derogatory terms are not acceptable in today's society. Sorry if you're stuck on that caveman mentality vibe, but we're beyond that today. Educate yourself and catch up. You'll be better and happier for it.

#1488 6 years ago

Smoke some 'shrooms, play our games. It's a trip, man.

#1492 6 years ago

I'm prepared to announce my new product, Universal Translite. While I haven't put "PIN" in front of the product, it is indeed still for pinball. You can use it on ANY game, and you can save big money by not having to get colored bulbs for your backbox. Just use this! $50 and you're set. Best of all, you can use it for any game, like I just said in a previous sentence. Looks so good. For JJP games, please cut out a square.

Paypal me to get on the order list.

pinball-game-translite (resized).jpgpinball-game-translite (resized).jpg

#1496 6 years ago

Why am I not getting payments for my Universal Translite yet?

#1498 6 years ago

Please let it play random sound clips that don't have any connection to the shots you make or to the action on the display.

#1514 6 years ago

Your obsessive triggering over light bulbs is simply funny. No scorn or hate in saying that. You make me (and others) giggle.
    I'd gladly say that to you in person. Why wouldn't I? Would you physically attack someone for saying that you bring a smile to the faces of many? Seems like misplaced hostility.
    The person throwing the most anonymous venom into the ether is staring back at you in the mirror.

Maybe, just like, go away. Everybody would be better for that. All you do is troll, which is against the Pinside TOS anyway. If people were actually crying, you would be reported, but honestly, you're just annoying.

And the only people that cried to mods were purpers. Imagine that. And you want to accuse people of being overly sensitive.

#1532 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This from one of the biggest trolls on pinside. Pot calling the kettle black? Haha. Too fuk'n funny.

I don't think you understand what "troll" means. Thanks for bumping the thread though. Awareness helps the cause.

#1539 6 years ago

Peter Parker and Mary Jane were Smurfs.

IMG_20161210_162653 (resized).jpgIMG_20161210_162653 (resized).jpg

#1540 6 years ago

This was a Meteor that I bought and had to de-purp. Not a bulb was saved.

IMG_20170220_173422 (resized).jpgIMG_20170220_173422 (resized).jpg

#1543 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Please tell me they paid for an Altek board just so they could Shitclown it? Or where the inserts normal?

It had the original boards, but I put an Altek in it. It had lots of problems. But instead of fixing those issues, the machine got puked before repairs.

#1548 6 years ago

Here is more garbage. All terrible.

FB_IMG_1468472681786 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1468472681786 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1476889729990 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476889729990 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1477267485653 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1477267485653 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1477493501938 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1477493501938 (resized).jpg

20160513_184140 (resized).jpg20160513_184140 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1475964479778 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1475964479778 (resized).jpg

#1645 6 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

irobot & Pinfactory2000 either get a room and puke out a lovechild or take it to PM. You two are nauseating.

Pinfactory2000 should probably just show himself out or shut up. Going into a club thread and arguing against the sole reason the thread exists is ridiculously lame. How would that do anything but cause friction and derailing?

Also, the "people should be able do what they want" mantra, despite being a 13-year old kid's slogan after their first exposure to libertarianism, is not being argued against here. What is being done here is exposing the stupid things people are doing with that freedom.

So if Pinfactory2000 (does he even manufacture pins, or did he back in 2000, or is that a lie?) has an issue with the reason for the thread, maybe he can stop propping up the strawman and leave. Everybody would be happier for it.

#1647 6 years ago

This thread isn't about convincing anybody of anything. It's about just laughing at clown puke. There should be no convincing aspect to any of the discussion. The thread never was to argue about anything.

#1659 6 years ago

Pukey.

FB_IMG_1514755000286 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1514755000286 (resized).jpg

#1744 6 years ago

"Lots of upgrades" on this one. Remember when the nuclear reactor blew in Iron Man and the clouds turned green and the world glowed with a UV haze? Best part of the movie.

upgrades (resized).jpgupgrades (resized).jpg

#1747 6 years ago

I'd like to use those glasses, but it doesn't degrade the visual quality of my pinball machines, so sorry, I'll stick with the ultra bright purple and blue bulbs for now.

#1759 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

So, kind people in this thread, I ask you: would you buy all white kits? I think most of you are comfortable making your own. But, I'd love to be proven wrong.

When I buy a kit, I only want white GI and then color-matched inserts. Any color in the GI and I'm upset. I usually just make my own kits though. I just decide if I want to go warm or cool white for the GI (depends on the game) and then take stock of the inserts and buy colors to match accordingly. But if I bought a kit and it had colors in the GI, I would be really bothered by that.

#1779 6 years ago

Hubris sinks Atlantis.

FB_IMG_1515132577844 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1515132577844 (resized).jpg

#1825 6 years ago

They have the audacity to ask money for this.

FB_IMG_1515459842056 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1515459842056 (resized).jpg

#1892 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Lol, what does this thread consist of, three people sitting around nit picking everyone's games. LOL, man, some pinsiders need to get a life outside of their mother's basement. Who gives a shit what people do to their games.
    The lighting police are here to protect and serve!!!! We just got done with our pricing duties but a knight's duties never rest!!!
    I like pinball, met some cool people but I'll tell you, there are a ton of weirdos in this hobby. I guess because it's sort of in the gaming realm.

You are so edgy but chill!

#1902 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Really, you just posted the same pic on the same page as someone else and you wonder why people are saying your redundant.

He was commenting on that pic that was posted.

Dudes, you all need to chill out. If you don't like the thread, bail. Pretty easy.

#1926 6 years ago

MotorDumb

FB_IMG_1515814770061 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1515814770061 (resized).jpg

#1931 6 years ago

ROTFL. I don’t think fascism means what you think it does.
    As for gameplay, however people want to play their pins is cool with me. I’m not gonna try and dictate what people are allowed to like.
    But have at it brave and noble knight of the GI!
    Anyway, less soul savin and more picture takin!!

Well, you obviously don't know what it means or you're still just too thick in the skull to understand what the thread is about. Either way, you're ignorant.

#1933 6 years ago

First of all, it's the clown puke morons that used the "you're a fascist" response. So your lame meme attempt is not only weak, it's also backwards. But hey, you've already said you won't bother to read the thread, so just jump right in and look stupid. Might as well.

#1942 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Who are you guys kidding in here? This thread has become a joke, even for the people that want to be here.
    Even when I post clown puked games and try to be a part of this thread, there are no upvotes or comments on the post from the 3 or 4 main anti-puke activists. I was in the middle somewhere, but this thread is now just seeming like a waste of time. More bickering than posting pics by anyone involved.
    And back to name calling now? The three or four main members in this thread have proven that they are here to bicker and put people down, not to have a good time and some laughs. And that is bringing nothing positive to the hobby for anyone.

Cool. You hate posting here. Stop coming into the thread then. What's the point of coming in if you don't like it?

Oh, and sorry you didn't get likes in some of your posts! That has to be a hard mental burden to carry around day to day.

#1949 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I like it, I don't like people like you. It would be an absolute miracle if you weren't so moronic, and had anything constructive or positive to add to pinball in any thread other than minutia, negativity, derogatory comments and non-sequelae.
    Obviously you are always on the offensive, and don't even read my entire posts. I could care less about upvotes. I only mentioned that because those are the posts where I throw up pics of color-bombed games, which I thought was the actual purpose of this thread.
    You are the one not paying attention to the point of this thread, and are instead focusing on the bickering and picking on actual people in the hobby. That's my point. People like you are what's wrong with Pinside.

Likes to try to use big words, but can't get the phrase "couldn't care less" right.

And holy jeez, you want to talk about people being a problem on Pinside for inspiring negativity? What do you think of your presence here? What actual point do you have in being here? Who cares if you have posted some restoration tips if you're in here acting like a clown? Just because you know how to solder a wire, it doesn't give you pass to sit and passive aggressively troll a club thread. That's lame and childish, and of course people are going to call you out on it.

Don't try and act smart if you are going to play dumb at the same time. It doesn't fly.

#1951 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My point exactly. Keep insulting people. You're a real Pinside hero.

Could you be more hypocritical? Go read your own posts and see how clean your hands are. You've already been quoted, so don't bother trying to edit.

I didn't insult you, anyway. "Act smart" and "play dumb" are common figures of speech. I wouldn't have accused you of being smart anyway, so get over it.

#1971 6 years ago

Hard to believe, but the light is actually worse than the game itself.

FB_IMG_1515981655241 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1515981655241 (resized).jpg

#1977 6 years ago

And the modder said, "let there be (colored) light (everywhere)!"

And there was.

And it was horrible.

#1990 6 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

I just can't imagine taking the time to put all those LEDs in a game when it doesn't even play properly.

I see it all the time when I'm called out to do service calls. I worked on an Addams Family that probably had EVERY SINGLE mod available for it, but underneath the playfield wires were hacked together with tape and the swamp was actually blocked off with a cut up credit card and electrical tape. When I asked why they sealed it off, they said, "because when the ball goes in there it doesn't come out." It was a broken switch.

#1994 6 years ago

We made that cake once too. We let the kids pick the colors for the stack. Lack of red is disappointing...

cake (resized).jpgcake (resized).jpg

#2010 6 years ago

Using the UV setting on those PinStadiums should be considered a pinball crime and should be prosecuted.

#2038 6 years ago

Yikes, that game is a health hazard.

#2045 6 years ago

Gross.

FB_IMG_1516591902213 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1516591902213 (resized).jpg

#2089 6 years ago

Starpuke

FB_IMG_1516938278700 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1516938278700 (resized).jpg

#2098 6 years ago

The wrong colored inserts are making me itch.

#2124 6 years ago

Who Purped It? That looks insane.

#2133 6 years ago

There are still a shocking amount of stock high scores on these puked games. More evidence that these people don't play their games.

#2150 6 years ago

I'm guessing he ran out of purple. He was going for that super great ALL PURP ALL THE TIME effect, but had to use a couple of greens until his next order comes in.

#2180 6 years ago

The bottom line is that NO game benefits in regards to playability by adding in colored GI. It objectively makes it worse, because it's not as bright as the game would be with white GI. Yes, you can play clown puked games, but the actual playing is compromised to some degree.

#2182 6 years ago

So if a game was meant to be a puked dark mess then its totally fine because 'professionals'.
    Point taken.

Why did you come back? This thread was a million times more enjoyable while you were banned from it. Do you really need to come stir it up again? Go start a pro puke thread if you're so angsty about this one.

#2193 6 years ago

X-Files is already bad enough. To make it pukey makes it an instant pass. I wouldn't touch that thing on free play.

#2204 6 years ago

Yeah, those backbox kits are rough, man. Not a fan of those at all.

#2218 6 years ago

Yes, definitely 11s there. No amount of ambient or overhead light could make these anything but a pinball crime.

#2221 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Hey look, our little troll friend is out of exile and back to typing his little insults over and over again.
    How fun for him.

Yeah, and Maken is the one who gets the boot. Screwed up.

#2223 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

If you keep it to comments about the games, fine. I don't care if you call my games shit or not. I'm the one who buys, sells, keeps, or plays my games and loads up whatever bulbs I want. Those that stray into comments about Pinsiders will get whatever is coming to them.

Everybody should just stick to passive aggressive thumbing, like Colsond3 and who-dey, right? Gotta keep it real mature and avoid that childish crap, don't we?

#2226 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol i find it hilarious that you bring my name up when i haven't even posted anything in this silly thread in forever. If it wasnt for you and like 2 or 3 other people, this useless thread would have been dead the same day that it started because NOBODY cares about it.
    Thanks for putting me in the same group as Colsond though, he's a pretty cool guy and a guy that i don't mind being compared too!

You don't need to chime in. Just keep those thumbs down coming. That's all we really ask or expect from you.

#2228 6 years ago

Ssshhh. Just go. Just stop clicking on a thread you dislike so much. Do that for you. Sure, we'll benefit from that too, but do it for you.

#2230 6 years ago

No thanks. I don't need any added blinding ramp lights, either.

FB_IMG_1517871616160 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517871616160 (resized).jpg

#2237 6 years ago

The Russians already won.

FB_IMG_1517894172369 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517894172369 (resized).jpg

#2251 6 years ago

If they entire thread was filled with posts saying people should like TZ and are wrong if they dont you bet I would lol!

So are you an antagonistic dick outside of Pinside as well, or just on Pinside? I don't know that either answer makes you look all that great, but it would be slightly better if it was just contained to here, I guess.

#2255 6 years ago

I sometimes forget how serious pinball is for some people. Please accept my condolences.

It's not serious. It's just 100% unnecessary to sit and troll threads. Just don't do it. Nobody gets upset, nobody has to get banned. Why act like the little brother doing the "I'm not touching you!" dance around his big brother? Eventually you're going to get slapped.

#2258 6 years ago

I think poorly LED'd games are terrible. I've posted a few.
    I think trying to convince people that they shouldn't like things they like is hilarious and I like funny stuff. *shrug*

...and there's your "I didn't touch him, mom!" post. Grow up.

#2272 6 years ago

All that light thrown into Cue Ball Wizard and it's still a one shot game.

#2274 6 years ago

You're best just timing out modes until you get to the end of the game. Playing for fun, that's not a fun way to play. Playing competitively, yeah, time them out.

#2290 6 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire, Bride of Pinbot, Theatre of Magic...the holy trinity of purple invasion.

#2299 6 years ago

Emblueyon.

Screenshot_20180208-091407 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180208-091407 (resized).png

#2358 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know why people feel the need to want to purple shadow. There isn't even any fawking purple on the plastics or playfield. Only purple you have is that one strip for the right orbit. WTF people? Get your head out of your ass. Please.

People purposely purple practically any pin. Pathetically preposterous practice.

#2364 6 years ago

Perfectly punctuated, pinball pals.

#2395 6 years ago

Yikes.

FB_IMG_1518765841508 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1518765841508 (resized).jpg

#2412 6 years ago

I absolutely despise the Pinstadium purple mode.

FB_IMG_1519091556988 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519091556988 (resized).jpg

#2418 6 years ago

When selling your game, it's important to pick the best pics to showcase, like this seller did.

jm-junk (resized).jpgjm-junk (resized).jpg

#2429 6 years ago

Goes through all the work and trouble to customize a game...drowns all the work out in purple.

FB_IMG_1519398842242 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519398842242 (resized).jpg

#2436 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

made the playfield pop.

That's a forbidden phrase 'round these parts.

#2446 6 years ago

I am triggered.

FB_IMG_1519603153027 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519603153027 (resized).jpg

#2454 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Can we extend this thread to insert lighting as well as GI lighting?
    For example, can clear or white inserts remain clear/white? Why do people put in purple/pink LEDs in clear inserts???? Just leave them the way they were supposed to be!
    Or do red inserts have to be fluorescent super bright juicy red inserts?

White should stay white, totally.

The only time I like a weird insert color is a color-changer in the TZ ? insert on the door. It actually looks pretty dang cool, but it's still a little silly.

#2457 6 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

In older games, colored LED's can make faded, washed out color inserts look like they are normal again. My Black Knight looked pretty bad until I put matching color LED's under the inserts.

Matching colored inserts with colored LEDs is fine. I do that all the time. It's crazy when people use LEDs to change their insert colors though.

#2478 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Well, since you all have stretched this nonsense out to 50 pages, might as well try to make it 51. Lol bump

The thread goes away if people stop ruining their machines with a clown show of LEDs.

#2485 6 years ago

What's worse, that a thread all about a single subject is still going while remaining on topic, or people who go into that thread and detract from it constantly? TOUGH QUESTION, HUH?!

Why you guys are at it, drop in the Star Wars Club thread and offer up a real nice, "still going, huh? Not sick of talking Star Wars yet?"
    After that, visit the Total Nuclear Annihilation Club thread and chime in with a helpful, "still going on about the TNA? Can we talk about something else in here yet?"

If you don't like the thread, leave it. Pretty. Simple. Concept. But I guess you can just keep up with the drive by "this again?" posts or the passive thumbs spamming. That's super cool to do too.

#2512 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Have you been miserable your whole life or did it start when mommy and daddy didn't get you that pony?
    Regardless, I don't have the time or energy to waste on silly internet arguments. You win oh mighty keyboard warrior. I bow before your interweb prowess. Have a good day.

Are you pinfactory2000? Maybe his mom? You have a similar smell about you.

#2513 6 years ago

Dr. Failure.

drjunk (resized).jpgdrjunk (resized).jpg

#2519 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Nobody ruffled your feathers, snowflake. Have a seat. LOL

Just go away. You'll end up banned anyway. That's how this ends.

#2521 6 years ago

High Glare

IMG_20170729_145036 (resized).jpgIMG_20170729_145036 (resized).jpg

#2527 6 years ago

Demo Man is almost always purped out.

#2539 6 years ago

SHOOT THE PURPLE

#2544 6 years ago

Jurassic Barf.

De-purping is a noble work. Godspeed in your upcoming tasks.

#2546 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I posted pics of my own clown puked games in here..... Go downovote them if you want. My clown puke wasn't that bad, though... Not like some of these... DEAR LORD....

More like clown burps...

#2562 6 years ago

Yikes, what a couple of pinball tragedies.

#2571 6 years ago

Maybe I should sell a kit that injects color blobs into LCD TVs. You can watch your stellar 4K blu-ray content with the added POP of purple, green, and blue blobs all around the scene. Imagine that breathtaking visuals of Dunkirk with a sweet, sweet purple haze making the forboding waters of the English Channel pop.

#2591 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Today I got rid of the awful blue and green GI in Jurassic Park. The entire middle of the playfield was still very dark and the game seems like it needs spotlights in a few area. Instead, I temporarily made "stadium" style light strips for the sides. These are way too bright and they aren't RBG, so no remote for at least brightness controls. But in the meantime I can play the game and see all the shots. This light kit will go into Slugfest and I'll order an LED kit with a remote to install in JP to dim the lights a bit.

It's gone from Jurassic Dark to Jurassic Park! Good work, man.

#2594 6 years ago

Another puked game with default high scores. Happens so often.

#2610 6 years ago

I'm at Texas Pinball Festival. They really like their colored LEDs here and it's awful. I'll take a hunch of shame pics today.

IMG_20180317_204615 (resized).jpgIMG_20180317_204615 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180317_132141 (resized).jpgIMG_20180317_132141 (resized).jpg

#2616 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

that's nice, these guys bring games to the show to share with everyone, including yourself, and you thank them by publicly shaming them...real classy

You read the thread title?

#2617 6 years ago

Oh, and...

IMG_20180318_131917 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_131917 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180318_131952 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_131952 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180318_131928_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_131928_1 (resized).jpg

#2618 6 years ago

IMG_20180318_133356 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_133356 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180318_134033 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_134033 (resized).jpg

#2621 6 years ago

This one flashed constantly and rotated colors. Total madness.

IMG_20180318_133316 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_133316 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180318_133315 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_133315 (resized).jpg

#2622 6 years ago

Tagged my wife's initials on the MM with a green ailment.

IMG_20180318_110703 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_110703 (resized).jpg

#2626 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Hey! Someone Vandal-eyezed that Hardbody!

Hey! Eyes down here, buddy!

#2635 5 years ago

Bad Girls. Bad LEDs.

FB_IMG_1521920647581 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521920647581 (resized).jpg

#2642 5 years ago

Pinstadium purp problems.

#2645 5 years ago

Blah.

FB_IMG_1522204927172 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1522204927172 (resized).jpg

#2650 5 years ago

So much careful thought put into those LED choices!

#2655 5 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

You should have found the owners while you were there and said something to them face to face...oh wait, you probably are just confrontational behind your keyboard.

Which one was yours?

#2668 5 years ago

The Walking Red.

#2672 5 years ago

Another puked game with stock scores on the high score board. Good job never actually playing your disasterpieces, purpers.

#2720 5 years ago

That is officially the most gaudy, terrible Lord of the Rings ever.

#2722 5 years ago

Also, default high scores once again...

#2734 5 years ago

UV mode = ultravomit mode.

00l0l_GBouyZHklx_1200x900 (resized).jpg00l0l_GBouyZHklx_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#2737 5 years ago

It's described as "unique." Yes, it's unique because others know better than to do this.

lotr-mess (resized).jpglotr-mess (resized).jpg

#2767 5 years ago

The Bride is a common abuse victim by purpers. It's not right, I tell ya.

1 week later
    #2773 5 years ago

Oh, wow. That's disrespect right there.

1 week later
    #2810 5 years ago

I don't believe that this looks good.

believenot (resized).jpgbelievenot (resized).jpg

#2820 5 years ago

Pirates of the Caribleedin' Color.

#2838 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Ahnold: "Shoot here, and here"
    Me: "Where motherf*cker? I can't see a damn thing!"
    Have we seen this one already? I can't tell anymore they're all blue, purple, or pink and they're all starting to look the same.

Terminator Hue.

#2854 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

For what it’s worth It does looks a hell of a lot better in person.

Maybe...but it still won't even look close to good. That's a nightmare of color clash going on.

#2861 5 years ago

Lots of green, no envy.

#2888 5 years ago

Fleddy.

Freddy (resized).jpgFreddy (resized).jpg

#2895 5 years ago

What a mess. Just a clash of bad ideas.

#2897 5 years ago

Dr Who purp'd this?

drwhopurped (resized).jpgdrwhopurped (resized).jpg

#2907 5 years ago

It's demolished, man.

1 week later
    #2932 5 years ago

Tron in all white GI looks so nice and clean, even with the Photoshop art job.

tron (resized).jpgtron (resized).jpg

#2935 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed...sans the flippers junk & colored rubber

Yeah, that didn't actually last very long. It's back to red rubber now.

1 week later
    #2949 5 years ago

Remember those Twilight Zone episodes about the purple fans, cannons, and planes?

Also, default high scores, because of course.

purptz (resized).jpgpurptz (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #2978 5 years ago

Strange Science...and LED choices.

purpscience (resized).jpgpurpscience (resized).jpg
    4 weeks later
    #3107 5 years ago

That LAH gave me a headache.

#3114 5 years ago

Just gonna leave these play dumb comments on puked before/after posts.

Screenshot_2018-07-23-10-23-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-07-23-10-23-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-07-23-10-25-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-07-23-10-25-41 (resized).png
    #3124 5 years ago

You know what they say...the camera adds ten pounds (of LEDs).

1 week later
    #3168 5 years ago

WTF?!?!?!!!?! Look how it's reflecting off the glass and just causing a vision nightmare.

#3172 5 years ago

Coloring up the faces in the backglass/translite art is a pinball crime. We need to start enforcing these laws.

1 month later
    #3298 5 years ago

This is an absolute visual nightmare.

#3315 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In order for those who critique others here in this thread to be critiqued themselves, I'm thinking of starting a new thread called "No Old Farts Who Only Use 140 Year Old Technology White Incandescent Bulbs! (Post Pics of the Most Boring Lighting Here)"

Most of us like the proper use of LEDs. Colored GI is garbage though and if you can't recognize that you just have poor taste. Sorry, I'm trying to be nice, but the facts are facts.

#3323 5 years ago

It's like when that person in their 60s tries to dress like the kids in college. It. just. doesn't. work.

#3328 5 years ago

That spooky green castle. Why would green be the color there? Never mind the playfield...

#3350 5 years ago

I bet Dirty Harry LOVED purple. Probably just couldn't get enough of purple in his life. Seems really true to his character.

3 weeks later
    #3371 5 years ago

Only asking $9,500 for it on Facebook...

TAF-awful (resized).jpgTAF-awful (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.