(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,123 posts
  • 279 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 166 votes
      56%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 41 votes
      14%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 90 votes
      30%

(297 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,001 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72368295_2587207771340434_6366068382319509504_n (resized).jpg
    tumblr_mp0eb2qzxk1s7y8efo1_400.gif
    tumblr_mp0eb2qzxk1s7y8efo2_r1_400.gif
    Color puked Safe Cracker (resized).jpg
    FAE32B96-2899-4616-ABDA-9F74085901EC (resized).jpeg
    0F7222DA-28B5-4C37-8AAF-AA04C33B6C01 (resized).jpeg
    B7DD9038-059A-4A8A-9284-165E77DAC134 (resized).jpeg
    7E504654-EEB8-4621-A47E-056C04618A94.gif
    00909_faLauigF0xg_1200x900.jpg
    cp3 (resized).jpeg
    cp2 (resized).jpeg
    cp1 (resized).jpeg
    808222019_1323867.gif
    2019-10-01 08_31_33-Let's see pics of game rooms! _ All gameroom talk _ Pinside.com - Internet Explo (resized).png
    F4FCD699-3753-49C5-9CF5-A282A4087C24.png
    3FC7817A-9D80-43E5-9E3E-F97ED3667C2B.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 1 year ago

Funny how people come to a thread devoted to people who like the original look of a game and call them haters. If you "hate" the original look of a game the way the designer intended it and think you have better taste then you are the hater. Wrong thread for you.

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Can bright deep colored LEDs actually cause playfield damage like fading colors?

Someone needs to check this with a UV meter. If you can grow nice healthy African Violets under that glass the reds will be pink next year.

(Can someone Photoshop some plants under one of those tanning beds)

#152 1 year ago

My cat just loves the new pin. Whoever did the LED job has great taste!

p (resized).jpg

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I dont know if anyone noticed but the entire industry has shifted to LED's because they're better in every way. Thats real science.

"in every way"? "That's real science"? Are you Bill Nye?

Please read the Scientific America study and the increase in toxic heavy metals due to the industry.

Please read the AMA report about the many negative health effects from high intensity blue LED light.

I understand the power consumption and longevity reasons. But cheaper and mass produced does not make anything better in every way. Just cheaper and more available.

#225 1 year ago

The mirrored side blades make you think you are puking in a wide body toilet.

p (resized).jpg

And a little extra red is nice

p2 (resized).jpg

I'm not even sure if I recognize the game anymore.

p3 (resized).jpg

#235 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Where did this thread go? On something to think about my Pinbot has a pretty rough playfield, I intentionally did they blue/red GI to hide it. It worked really well, I do flip flop though and right now I have cool white GI. Just depends on what I feel like looking at.

Yes, there is nothing like adding piercing light to the point you can't see the playfield anymore.

It's not like you're going to "play" it or anything.

#251 1 year ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I like colored GI sooooo I guess that settles it...for me anyway.
    I dont read inserts or admire artwork when I'm playing, I do that when the game is off.
    And I can see the ball just fine...

So when a guest comes over do you shut the game off and let them memorize the inserts before turning it back on?

Seriously, is this a real argument? To not read them when the game is on is a solution? I don't see the sarcasm or smile icon.

#253 1 year ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dont know what to tell you, around here friends just turn on a game and play, I guess we dont take it too seriously...memorize the inserts??

I don't know how you can seriously think no one wants to read the inserts. Sound like something Rick from PPS would say

#254 1 year ago

Rudy is feeling a bit blue these days.

p (resized).jpg

#256 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Its tough to shoot the flashing arrow when you cant see what it says.

So why bother putting that pesky text on the inserts at all?

I can't believe people come into a thread talking about the over use of LEDs and the arguments are "who needs to read inserts".

#260 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I know the difference. Im just lazier than UR.

That is why you get 2 thumbs down for every 3 thumbs up. You should take the time to get along with people.

Once again this is not a thread for haters of LEDs. Just a thread for lovers of the original look of a game. It can be brightened and enhanced without the introduction of overbearing or clashing colors.

The haters are the ones who come in and think whatever disaster someone makes we should clap and tell them how artistic they are. Pin the picture to the fridge because your baby can do no wrong.

#291 1 year ago

But that looks tasteful. Here, I fixed it up for you and got it ready to sell.

p (resized).jpg

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Because everyone loves fishing at a rave party...
    "We took a trip down to Texas this past weekend (vlog coming this week). This is a quick video of a beautiful Fish Tales pinball game from the 2017 Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco, Texas. This was one of the best-looking pins at the entire show."
    "Thats the nicest looking Fish Tales I've ever seen"
    » YouTube video

I guess they removed the lightning flippers because the strobe flash-bulb handicap was enough.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Wow, that fish tales looks amazing. Makes me want to own one again. Compare the backglass, which has been highly accentuated with just the right LED scheme to look brilliantand vibrant with highly contrasting colors, to the one posted before it with incandescents where all the colors contain the same orange/ yellow wash to which really diminishes a lot of the color contrast and especially adversely affects the blues. It's also a more accurate representation of the art as this is what it was meant to look like in print, and the heavy warming from incandescent bulbs is more of an unfortunate and unintended consequence. For a higher stimulation of the senses the LED's offer are much more scintillating experience. But, thats just how I see it.

I see it as a big, bright reflection on the glass.

#320 1 year ago

I find it ironic that a thread started for the purpose of laughing at over-done / over-colored games has turned into one of the better discussions on the use of LEDs.

#327 1 year ago

Well Art, I ordered sacks of Frosted Warm from you after seeing your recommendation to Jim at The Sanctum.

I had older games like Dirty Harry next to new games like Stern KISS. The new games were so bright they made my game look like it was turned off. So 2 SMD frosted Warm in the GI made it brighter, but unchanged look wise.

Then for dark games with blue / black themes Art said to go with the cool.

I was not steered wrong.

#330 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Jim had requested the Warm White....the Kevin closest to Incandescent. Sunlight is simply a compromise with a Kelvin in between..
    Kinda like Goldilocks! Porridge Too Cold, Too Hot, the one in the middle.
    Everyones taste is different, and when the threads 4 -5 years ago had constant debates between using Warm vs Cool, I heard this, and made one in between.

Well, after Jim was done I was impressed. Even on older games they lit the plastics, kept the color, did not hurt me old eyes directly (that LED vibrations effect) or the worst of the bunch, the reflections off a rolling ball that make you think a high speed disco ball is flying around.

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I just finished replacing about 70 of the GI and back box illumination LEDs with incandescents...and took out the color dmd and coin door....

Heres a before pic...

I was wondering WTF you were talking about when you said coin door. The I saw the last pic. Wow. What did you do with it? Looks like a cool piece of art. Do you have a better picture? Is it a painted door or a plate?

As for the ColorDMD? I am biased. I have 14 I think. But the are all LCD. The only LED version I have played with was a friend had on in a Fish Tales and I hated it, piercing. The LCD version with different option from colored / Sigma, Dot Size, brightness, is fine to me. But I am biased.

As for the Blue and Red back corners, take a look at my fake colored picture back a page. Puke.

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

It was a plate, painted not a decal..it came from Germany and was on the game when I bought it. It drew a bit of heat in my for sale thread 2 weeks ago, people seemed to hate it. The guy I bought the game from said when I sell the MM, if the new buyer didn't want the skin he would like to buy it back so I sold it to him and bought a traditional coin door for the game...

Very cool. It is a neat piece of art. But I personally am an originalist and a mod hater. That said -

Here is my off topic rant. "Coin Doors". It is so funny how people shell out $Big for a collector piece of a coin op game. But no intention of having a coin ever pass through the slot.

But heaven forbid you make a "home model" without the coin door it is practically worthless.

But that is cool. Eh, I'm a bit of a hypocrite.

#390 1 year ago

It would be cheaper and easier to just get a playfield size colored cellophane sheet. Most of these games are either red or blue.

Is the wall behind the bed covered in Hot Wheel cars packages?

#391 1 year ago

Just saw this on Facebook. It makes me think people are starting to wake up. This was an advertisement for Pin Stadium lighting. It talked about the one on the right is a set of carefully chosen colors to bring out the color of the playfield.

PinStadium (resized).jpg

To people visiting this thread and defending the rainbow puke please look at this picture. Look at the overwhelming color saturation on the left blotting out detail. How can you defend that crap.

#398 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

That bedroom though. How much vagina has been slayed in that room...

Notice the fuse box. It really is a parents basement.

#469 1 year ago

So at least two people bought that putrid light kit and thought it looked good enough to show off.

At least this second person got the eyes the same color.

giphy.gif

#497 1 year ago

No, there are a lot of very awful color schemes in the thread. It is not a matter of taste.

It is science -

Nice LED Job (resized).jpg

#516 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

And he likes to use fancy words. Pious? Really

I take it as just trolling. As soon as he said -

Quoted from kvan99:

Touché my friend, in my eyes it beats 99% of the Warm White-Bread look.

I just can't take it seriously.

#531 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You claim it's a "science"... yet you have posted ZERO scientific proof (not even one pie chart!) on how different spectrums affect the eyes and how they(eyes) perceive/receive different colors! So far it's just a stubborn old man's opinion! Agreed on by other old men!

Well then, paraphrasing from Ronald Regan, we won't hold your youth and inexperience against you.

Here is a link to and easy to understad website with lots of pictures for you -

https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/resources/47-colours-of-light

See the section "Colour of objects" and undestand how this quote applies -

"If only blue light is shone onto a red shirt, the shirt would appear black, because the blue would be absorbed and there would be no red light to be reflected."

So, you see an object's color because it is able to reflect light of those wavelengths. So white light, lights many colors and shows you what is supposed to be there. Overpowering with limited light spectrums means objects of those colors outside of the spectrum of light are not illumitated. You are not "adding color" to them. You are washing them out and losing any detail by not illuminating them.

themoreyou know (resized).jpg

#561 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Another Facebook for sale ad.

Ouch. Not only ugly, but makes no sense either.

I admit, I did my LOTR with color (over s decade ago and using colored incandescent bulbs and bulb condoms). But at least I made it try to make sense. Green around the Hobbiton area, Red around Mordor and since the clear inserts did not look right I colored them by matching race (Hobbit, Human, Elf, Dwarf). Other than green over the POTD there is no real sense to this mess.

#570 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You know what would be a good product?
    If someone with artistic ability put together LED light sets that slightly enhanced the look of the original game.
    The way to figure it out would be to start out by replacing all the incandescent bulbs with a warm white frosted bulb with identical brightness.
    Then you would artfully swap out certain bulbs for cool white to enhance certain blues and greens.
    Then you would swap out certain bulbs with slightly brighter bulbs to enhance dark areas as needed.
    Then you would swap out certain insert bulbs with colored bulbs to enhance tired inserts.
    At that point, you'd have a mix of LED bulbs that made the game look newer and better. Use the technology to artfully rejuvenate and improve the game.
    Instead of making the game look like a nightmare you had after you ate sardines, chocolate ice cream, a taco bell burrito supreme, and a bottle of chambord.

I got that service from Art (OldPinGuy) when he owned Comet. If I asked about a certain game he'd give me an honest rundown of the do's and don'ts.

TZ - Dark in the back so get the brighter . . . and with the blue hues use the cool white . . . . trying to get some color out of the inserts? Well yellow does not really saturate . . .

All you have to do was ask him and he'd write or talk to you. But looking at the kits people are buying they just want the ghetto look.

#580 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

This thread actually contains two kinds of puke: rainbow puke and monochromatic puke.

I was just discussing (off Pinside) a Centaur playfield swap a friend is doing. When I came back here and saw you say "monochromatic" I just got some of the worst images in my mind.

Is there a color puke kit for Centaur? You would actually maintain detail (unless the little red went black) but I just mentally wonder how bad that could be. Or if there was a picture I may have blocked it out.

#592 1 year ago

I have my HUO POTC and a spare Kruzman playfield. After seeing what people do I think I have to take them to the grave with me.

CaptJackOuchy.gif

#593 1 year ago

Does anyone think it is a little ironic that we used to put "Glare Guards" on the games to stop the DMD from reflecting on the playfield glass; now I would have to use one so I could still read the DMD after the playfield reflects off it?

POTCFail (resized).jpg

#603 1 year ago

I own a Dirty Harry. And while it is not known for having great artwork, it never looked that bad.

And I did put LEDs in the GI. I had to since it was next to a Stern KISS at The Sanctum. The KISS was so bright it looked like Dirty Harry was turned off. So I put in Comet Frosted Warm white. Now the game is brighter, and looks nothing like that hot mess.

It was used in the Silverball tournament at Pintastic and the 24 Hour Battle at The Sanctum. So it was played by some of the best players in the world and not one of them said it needed more color blobs and visibility distortion. I'm sure that also helped while it was being streamed live. If they pointed the camera at the thing above I think we would lose viewers.

#606 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Look at those COLORS
    They really...

Yes, they really POOP.

#619 1 year ago

Sorry Art, but it is true. I guess you should have built it into the contract while selling.

p (resized).jpg

#626 1 year ago

Maybe it is reverse psychology. Is it possible they hope people who actually care about these games will pay to save them from a fate worse than darkness?

#642 1 year ago

The little bit of the backglass we can see is starting to scare me.

#698 1 year ago

Yup. That one is really up there. I wonder if the listing tells you if the game works or in no one even cares at this point.

#702 1 year ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

To be fair, my games often have the default high scores on them because after my guests leave, I take the batteries out to wipe out their scores so I can get back on the list easier.........

That sounds like one for the "confessional" thread.

#732 1 year ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I have been following this Thread and agree many of the examples look blown out.
    Some of them look great (that received scrutiny). I see what everybody is trying to say, blown out neighborhoods of the same color led look disco.
    To someone they looked rad and worth doing. Don't take the happiness away, OK?.

If someone needs a "safe space" and wants to keep the "happiness" they got from a $200 Pinstadium lighting kit they should avoid this thread.

Period. Screw them.

This thread is specifically for people who recognize bad taste and general trash lighting.

We do like people who come to defend these abominations simply for the "laugh at you" affect. It lets us know who not to buy from (without an LED discount) or Sell To (without a decency clause).

#734 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

That's why it stays in this thread. If people enjoy the unicorn shit look, they shouldn't be in a thread for people that dislike it. I read on another thread people saying this thread is damaging to the community and mean spirited. That couldn't be further than the truth, there aren't any personal attacks, it's just having a laugh and showing people other ways to do things. It's all in good fun and a little educational as well.

Are you serious? Please link the thread. I normally avoid the "look at what I did crap" but if there are tasteless snowflakes thinking "we are damaging" the community I'd love to laugh in their faces. How may of them have been doing this for decades and devoted huge parts of their lives to the restoration and playing of these games.

#735 1 year ago

I am going to risk moderation with this. But I am thinking of not being silent anymore. When I see a puke game in a for sale or any other "look at what I did" thread I think we should pound these people. And the companies that encourage this crap. It is not that we are not "being nice" we simply believe this is not good.

#759 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

No, sir you are wrong. Cy Twombly blackboard covered in scribbles sold for $70.5 million.

And you can hot glue this to your JP. While it is cool, it isn't pretty.

p (resized).jpg

#857 1 year ago

Oh crap. I hope that is not my FBC or I would not have sold it. Not kidding either.

#916 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

every piece of your logic is flawed. You should stop emberassing yourself with the scientific talk!

I love it when someone tells someone else to stop "emberassing" themselves by misspelling embarrassing.

And you didn't capitalize the first letter of your sentence. So that is LED police, spelling police and grammar police. Three strikes and you're out.

#921 1 year ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

The legs are a bit over the top...

setthebar (resized).png

#1022 1 year ago

Holy crap this was a busy day in this thread. We sored past 1000 posts thanks to the tasteless (or color blind?) trolls.

I have to go back and do a few replies. Colson, you are a good dude but the BSD just does not set the mood for a vampire game. A molly soaked rave maybe. I just sold my pretty damn nice BSD after removing a bit of puke for $2,300 to a nice guy who won't make the same error. He likes how it "plays".

My biggest thought to the defenders of "I do what I want to my game" is this - Todd T. pushing a junker off a building. Now I know it is not as reversible as CP. But when the argument is you can do what you want to a game and sell to who you want this is the ultimate statement. He did what he wanted and sold to none because he wanted to do it and took years worth of thousands of posts about it. And I respect him more than the CP crowd by giving it peace.

#1023 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Since its christmas time here's my leg out the door to the "Bumpus hounds." Check out my awesome Galaxy. Lots of blacklights and a flourescent white ball. Oh the humanity!

Looks like crap. Be ashamed.

#1026 1 year ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Up on the STL Craigslist. For your viewing pleasure. It could be all yours!

Wow that just sets the mood. For what? I don't know. Not for pinball or the show. Still has the florescent tube behind the translight. This is just one of those dorks who does not know how to play or repair a game so is only accomplishment is to change a light bulb.

#1028 1 year ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Said the man with the avatar of the worst DMD title of Bally/Williams' pin catalogue.

I'm not sure if your serious or fishing. Do you know the story of the avatar?

#1029 1 year ago

Holy crap I didn't know an HS2 could look that bad. Now I know why it would be called the "GET AWAY".

#1032 1 year ago

Where is Ted? He might pay to have this person hurt. Unless of course it is his game, then it shows what the good tequila can do to judgment.

I did put the LED Skull Pile in the back of mine. I'll admit that. But wow.

#1124 1 year ago

Time for a new thread. We have to mix this thread with the Visual Quiz thread.

If no one can guess what game it came from, there is something wrong. Take o-din's post. Here is 1/6 of the playfield -

p (resized).jpg

#1165 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So rainbow puke in GI is bad, but color puking inserts is OK? Come on man!

One thread, one issue. There should be a puke translight thread also. There seems to be enough material for a whole sub-section.

#1174 1 year ago

Drain the threads that are a topic that upsets you. It is that easy. If you come to a thread and get into arguments because you don't like the topic you are the troll.

Pinstadium has his thread. People who like his product are discussing and posting pictures they think look great. I think most look horrible. But I don't post in that thread. I look and laugh to myself. I don't get upset that they like the look and I don't upset them with my opinion in their thread. Everyone is happy.

This thread is for people who prefer white light and the way it looks. We don't like overbearing color. Why don't you laugh and move on? At first I thought it was funny and seeing people justify the look was entertaining. Now that it has gotten personal maybe moderation is needed.

Paul went over in the other thread complaining about his feeling being hurt here. Pinstadium gave a great reply about not having time for it and he moved on. Good for him.

I think these pictures are ugly. But that is a personal preference. I think many of the light mods make it harder to play and even hurt my old eyes. Sorry, I can't change my age or the fact that I experience real pain. This is not an opinion but a fact. I also play competition pinball where we stream the games on the internet. This interferes with the cameras also. I have many reason to not like these games.

I agree with this thread. I am here to laugh and discuss the topic with like minded people. Once again look in the mirror. If you came here because you disagree with the topic you are the troll.

#1188 1 year ago

So if, for example, there is a thread where a picture of a disaster of a TFTC was posted. Can we repost it here? It is not from their profile, they put the picture out there for comment. I think it is nicer commenting over here rather then giving an honest opinion over there. Over there everyone if clapping their hands in a mindless group think and not pointing out the obvious loss of artwork.

I know we are supposed to "be nice" but sometimes being nice means being honest and letting them know when they have made something ugly. Over there I would be a broken record saying "but that is not how the game looks, I can't see the artwork anymore and the game looks harder to play". Over here we just have a bit more fun with it because people joined to defend the disasters.

I'd post pictures of my games. But they look kind of "normal". Here, TZ with Cool White.

TZCoolWhite (resized).JPG

#1193 1 year ago

No I don't consider the TZ bad. It is mine. That was about 2 years ago when I was putting in cool white frosted like Art told me to do.

Robin said it was alright to make fun of our own games and not other members. But mine look "normal".

#1233 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Looking for a Flash Gordon playfield if anyone has one for sale.

Not if you are looking for it in this thread. Who knows what dastardly plan you have to color bomb the poor thing

#1237 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looks like some of that art is black light sensitive. Is it? I never knew that about W?D. there would be a good use of the blacklight LED's if it is. I know VND has black light ink on it that can use the blacklight LED's as well. But again. If you go overboard, you won't be able to see shit when playing. Which should always be priority first.

I think he did that. It sounds like that is what he was saying about using a yellow highlighter. I guess he colored the windows with it because it is reactive.

Quoted from jar155:

Cue Ball Disaster for sale on Facebook.

Make sure the owner is not on Pinside. Otherwise we will get in trouble for saying it looks like garbage.

#1243 1 year ago

Ohhh, the Purple cops are out to get you. Too many gas fumes out in that garage?

Just Fugly. And possibly unplayable.

#1293 1 year ago

I've actually been nicer in this thread than I would be IRL because I don't know people that well.

Ask anyone who knows me how the conversation would go (and had gone) at places like The Sanctum.

Person: Hey Taxman, look at the Fish Tales.
    Taxman: Those LEDs look like crap.
    Parson: You know, it is my game right?
    Taxman: What's wrong with you?

Then I might steal the power cord until league night is over so I don't have to play it.

#1300 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I didn't get upset over anything. I'm cool.
    But clearly plenty of commentators in this thread on both sides of the petty debate need to chill.

That is the problem. This is not a debate. This is a "Club Thread" so there are not two sides. Why does this point keep getting missed?

We don't want to fight about it.

#1316 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Man, I am going to have to get one of these to shine down on my playfield. Just to make it more challenging!

Don't waste your money. You can just get the cheap light bulbs that rotate from China. I got a case of them back when they were real cheap. We use them in my friends bars. You might get a couple of duds per case that burn out in a couple of weeks, but when cheap enough who cares.

amazon.com link »

#1331 1 year ago

Wow, I just went to the ebay listings. This menace is responsible for a lot of the worst pictures in this thread.

I say we come up with a plan to call these people out IRL. Start with the shows. Whenever you go to a show bring a 1st-place Clown Puke multi colored ribbon. Let the owner see you and your friends taking pictures with their machine laughing.

I know we are supposed to pick on the game and not the owner. But the games are not doing this to themselves. And this person is on ebay not Pinside.

#1343 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

honest question...how old are ya?

54, why what's your issue? It is a joke. Lighten up Francis. Although at Pintastic I did put up pictures of beelzeboob around the show on "Not Wanted" posters. Picking on people is part of comradely, too many snowflakes these days.

When you get older two thing might happen to you. The lighting crap can hurt (sorry, I can't change my age and the effects). And you learn to speak up for yourself and not follow the crowd. Just because the lemmings are following shiny objects does not mean you should walk off a cliff.

These pictures show games that look horrible. The colors make no sense and it looks like it interferes with playing the game. Funny how playing pinball never get discussed by these people.

#1345 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

+1 Billion
    Everything triggers people these days.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT! +1 BILLION LEDs??? Arrrrgghhhh.

Some people would never handle the way we harass each other in person. The TD from the tournament last night sent me a text today to make sure this "old man" survived. Then proceeded to tell me they did a second side tournament until wee hours of the morning after I left (as a dig that I couldn't hang). I usually just tell him his taste in games suck and make fun of his car.

That's why I really wonder about the ones who came here and freaked out enough to send in "abuse reports" because we like the original look of a game and don't think everyone's mods are "the bee's knees" (look that one up).

#1362 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Fine, it's perfectly playable with the room lights on. In the dark it will look like all the other supposedly "unplayable" games.

That is a pretty dark POTC you have there.

#1364 1 year ago

Sometimes it is worse. People are taking a few pictures and posting what they think looks good.

The bigger problem in real life is seeing the bare bulb because of your height difference can make the game worse. And we are mostly talk GI here. Cheap LEDs in the inserts without an OCD board can bring on an epileptic event. Then there are flashers, reflections of the backbox on the playfield glass, light up toys . . .

So yes. Sometimes it really is that bad or worse. One guy had an MM with 3 dolls blocking shots. Not kidding, knight, King, Wizard.

Can a camera over-react with light adjustment, yes. But some are really that bad.

#1377 1 year ago

... Backbox is easy to upgrade to LED's.

Not if it is a fluorescent tube

#1381 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You can get florescent tube in LED form. I like it because of less power consumption and hardly any heat. Plus it doesn't dry out your backglass ink, or dry out the plastic of your translites, which florescent light does. makes your translites brittle and your inks crack. Different people make LED version of the tubes. Some are really good at a soft light distribution which is evenly spread and you can't tell it's an LED tube. Some are terrible and have a hot spot line right through the area.

Yes, but can you get a super bright color changer?

#1383 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

get out of this thread right now. (points to the door)

New Product for modern Stern Backboxes - "The Light Saber". Light up your new Star Wars. The dark side of the force has never been brighter!

#1385 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

captainneo Can you tell me who makes the led tubes for stern games? would like to get one.

Satan.

p (resized).jpg

#1417 1 year ago

p (resized).png

#1432 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This thread's been awful quiet today.

Dude, My girl and I just lost a few minutes watching that gif. Perfect black light picture box from Spencer Gifts.

#1483 1 year ago

What about the backglass? I see some puke green reflections

#1522 1 year ago
    Quoted from Giulio:

Lol. I got a Jack*Bot and was in the middle of setting up the left=blue and right=red “thing”, then I saw some pics and man... that’s disgusting and really looks crap. Reverted back immediately

Even saving one makes this thread worth it.

#1546 1 year ago

Death (resized).png

#1553 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As a Dirty Harry owner that one hits home.

I know. So right. Look, this pin is not known for the artwork. But it is a good shooter pin with not too difficult to understand defined shots and rules.

There is no reason to Glitter and Glam a freakin Dirty Harry pin. You are not setting a "Dirty Harry" mood.

#1589 1 year ago

Crack is popular also.

If it is in your home and I have never been to your home then why am I looking at it and laughing?

Oh, right, you put a picture on the internet and said things like "look what I did", "this is for sale" or "what do you think?".

I told the truth. I am in the right thread, some of you are not.

#1592 1 year ago

The addiction to false equivalencies in this thread are almost as comical as the poorly LED'd pins!

Why? Just because something is popular does not make it good.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

science you have yet to back up with ANY written article documenting these studies on light reflection or retina reaction.. still waiting for PROOF ..not opinions

I gave a scientific explanation with a link to the since of using one color to illuminate another. Just because you want to ignore it does not mean it was not presented to you.

#1603 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Absolutely...I don't care one bit what people do to their machines, I'm glad it makes them happy. Doesn't stop it from looking like total, which leads us to this thread.

Total Red or Total Blue?

total1 (resized).jpg

#1606 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ha ha! Noice. Im guilty of adding coloured led's, but i also think that whites look just fine as well. Whatever blows your hair back. Its YOUR machine! Do what you like..not what some grouchy know-it-all on pinside thinks your pinball should look like. That's all.

No hair here. Been shaving it off for 20+ years.

Those awful know-it-alls. Why listen to Neo, Bryan or Art? What have they done in the hobby? Listen to people who can change a bulb but not adjust a flipper.

Why don't you go to the LED threads and stay away from this club? It seems to upset you to the point where you can't help but insult the people here. You've just called us dipshits, know-it-alls and (gasp) grouchy.

#1623 1 year ago

It is funny. You cannot read tone and temperament into these posts. But while we sit here laughing at puked game pictures the defenders come in and accuse us of freaking out. So defensive that one of them got kicked out of the thread last night. Trolling seems to be the mod reason but they were getting into the name calling a bit much.

I have a new picture to post. We have so many it is hard to tell if they are duplicate since they all look similar. So I went though the pics from this thread and to refresh my memory. Wow, this stuff is bad.

p (resized).jpg

#1625 1 year ago

Has anyone really defended the hack jobs (plus bad lighting and camera work) of the pins posted here? I certainly haven't seen it. They are a complete mess and hilarious to see.
    Saying someone can do whatever they like with their own personal property is simply being true american patriot...It shouldnt be confused with a positive endorsement of the blurry messes we're seeing.

Yes, puke defender from the North proudly posted his work in this thread -

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Did i make tbe wall?! I didnt get no comments on my METpro

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/9#post-4074167

#1627 1 year ago

Ha! To be fair his looks the least of the worst!

You asked and I found an example. There are probably more I just looked quick because of your post.

I don't care how much turd you smear on your windshield. The 40%-80% covered is still crap on your windshield.

Give me a clear window.

#1629 1 year ago

Kinda seems like you do.

Keep taking it out of context and maybe you should troll the way of your buddy from the North.

I don't care how much [as in any] because it is over-done. You do seem to be in troll territory here.

#1632 1 year ago

Like taking pics of pins with UV bulbs in a poorly lit room with a flip phone quality camera?

You do realize "we" did not take these pictures, right? This is an awful end to a lot of decisions by other people.

People took the time to -

Buy games
    Buy LEDs
    Put the LEDs in their games
    Take pictures of the games.
    Look at those pictures and be happy with what they did
    Decide those pictures are so good they should be shared forever on the internet

What are you defenders missing about the fact that "these people posted pictures they like"

#1634 1 year ago

I find as much hilarity in poor leds as I do in the people triggered by them.
    As a freedom loving patriot I am a defender of the trigger-er and the trigger-e.
    USA! USA!

Another blind troll. We are not "triggered". We just see the latest fad as bad taste. Triggered applies to the snowflakes who cannot handle criticism. Mommy said everything they did should go on the fridge.

#1636 1 year ago

Have we see TOM yet? It is such an ugly game it needed the lights to set the mood.

p (resized).jpg

#1637 1 year ago

TOM take 2

p (resized).jpg

#1644 1 year ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Those pops really "Pop"!!

I played a TZ with those pop rings installed. It was even worse in person than that picture. Very piercing and distracting.

#1656 1 year ago

Look at how angry you are!! What a snowflake! Lemme guess your mommy told you you’re special and put all of your artwork on the fridge!!

Hey, don't steal my line.

Oh, and my fridge is as white as my GI.

#1658 1 year ago

That is not my game room fridge!!!! (I sold it to make room for another pin)

#1698 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Wow your games are terrible looking. Glad your happy you have no taste.

He is a troll who came here to act like a child. Maybe still drunk. He really does have that bad of taste and is insulted that pouring money and time into puke does not buy friendship from everyone.

Report as a troll or announcing his leaving. He's not one of the fun ones.

Those really are awful looking. I am surprised there are not dozens of toys bolted over key shots.

#1705 1 year ago
    Quoted from trk12fire:

This game was so nice before I added these puke bulbs. Sorry I screwed it up guys. I should have stayed with the incandescent bulbs.

Quoted from trk12fire:

Oh the shame! Look how nice the incandescent bulbs were. All blown and burning the plastics. Whatever was I thinking.

Quoted from trk12fire:

Sorry it upsets you. Please don't cry. It's my fault.

Quoted from trk12fire:

What the hell did I do to this EM. Holly Shzzt! How could anyone think of putting purple bulbs in it, when it look so great before

Quoted from trk12fire:

Did you say Ass? Sorry your upset too. Somebody get the tissues

Quoted from trk12fire:

Happy New Year Wonder Woman! I'm out

And a 2 week time-out for this one. So we laugh again. This is trolling, are you condoning the trolling?

Man on man. Watching clown pukers trigger you guys is hilarious ...

Yes, I guess it is funny. Is it time for another troll to go away?

Look, it is simple. Those game look horrible. You have to be kidding to be defending them so we think of it as a back and forth joke. But when someone comes in purposely talking stupid over and over it is annoying trolling. Nothing to do with the puking.

#1710 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Experimenting with my Stern Drac...mock away

Fail in my book also. The usual Red Slings and Blue blob up top seem almost a staple for the pukers. But you did a couple of extra strange things. The upper pop was white with red trim to have contrast. So turning it all red makes no sense. The blue pop is just wrong looking.

I am including my last order from Comet.

p (resized).jpg

#1734 1 year ago

Agreed. Old people should see optometrists.
    Taking care of oneself is important. Especially if lightbulbs make you sick.
    Thanks again!!!

I am not sure why you continue to pick on people because of their age.

Yes I am older and the LEDs hurt my eyes. I do go to an optometrist and I do have prescription bi-focals. The focal range of these is not useful for Pinball and has nothing to do with light pain.

It is a fact that blue light is implicated in the development of age-related macular degeneration. Not just aggravated by the light.

Why is the fact that I experience actual pain funny to you?

#1735 1 year ago

The earlier pictures of Fire and Dr Who are not horrible. I thought that is the way Fire looks.

A bad DW would be something like this -

p (resized).jpg

#1797 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What's the outside world like

The outside is cold and white here. There is a good analogy I'm passing on.

#1912 1 year ago

I'm not your buddy pal.

Love that bit. Hate the puke, but T&P rule.

I stall cannot understand the trolls coming to this thread. These games are laughable. They look terrible. I have to take a break to keep my lunch down.

#1914 1 year ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Virgins unite!!!!
    Fight against the LED lights!!!!!!

Please leave.

#1941 1 year ago

I need to see Pinstadium lighting in person with multiple settings to judge that. A nicely positioned picture of a well lit game while set to white might look great in a still picture. And they have, but if you use the UV settings or color change I'm sure it looks like crap also. Or if having dozens of equally spaced LEDs reflecting off a rolling ball creates a strobe effect for the player that would suck.

#1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No worries...just hate to see two good people not get along...

Yes, it does not put them in the "best light".

Get it! Best Light! Rainbow Puke thread. Oh man I amuse me.

#1987 1 year ago
    Quoted from RJW:

My clown puked Taxi when I first got it.
    Someone took the time to jam this thing full of LEDs even though the ramps were badly broken, drop targets didn't register, it was dirty and the flippers needed a rebuild.

That is just odd looking. But at least you can see the ball.

The LED and Mod thing on a non-working game is pretty common. Sad, but common.

#2005 1 year ago

I thought there were still a bunch of picture being posted. I guess I was just look down at the Promoted Pinside Marketplace pictures of games and mods.

#2021 1 year ago

I don't remember in the legend of Arthur anyone coming up against the Pink Knight. It just does not seem as intimidating.

#2044 1 year ago

I browse the thread and shake my head all of the time.

But I also discuss this stuff with players. As a matter of fact at the State Championship this weekend we were talking about how hard it is play some of these games. No one defended it in any way. Players hate puke.

#2059 1 year ago

Oooo a Monster Rash.

#2063 1 year ago
    Quoted from JReedie:

Because i do think there a limit to which you can critique a light bulb.

We used to think there were limits. But they have become stretch goals.

There is a whole new level of stupid we never thought possible.

Is it real or is it comedy?

#2106 1 year ago

Look as yummy as a Tide Pod.

p (resized).png

#2113 1 year ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Top and bottom

The UV light on the floor reveals the owner could not control their bladder either.

1 week later
    #2209 1 year ago

I disagree with you on multiple points. Where you are vocal you might not be the biggest hater.

And then you said this -

Quoted from irobot:

...Finally there is this thread where a handful of people are saying that they think it looks horrible...

Handful? I think not -

PukePoll (resized).jpg

#2297 1 year ago

I disagree. The number one abused Red / Purple game is BSD. But people keep trying to take down the king.

#2321 1 year ago

Strange, I have that game and it is called "WHITE WATER"

Quoted from irobot:

When does Alan Funt jump out and reveal that this is all a giant wacky prank that you guys are playing on me?
    This cannot be a real thing. It's impossible that someone could think this pin looks good.
    If you showed this translite to a guy with an 80 IQ wearing a Wrestlemania t-shirt, he would laugh at it.
    Why does the joker have two bright blue lights burning through his chest?
    Why does batman have a purple face and a blue forehead and one blue ear?
    You cannot make general illumination sockets work as accent lighting. It will not work.

Wow, perfect example of crapping on a translight.

#2348 1 year ago

Double ^Ouch^

I am seeing a backlash. The movement of "honesty" is on a large FB group. Some people were honest, some lashed back. But after a bit of discussion the original poster "saw the light".

2 months later
    #2816 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

What are we even looking at?

RIBON - believe it or not.

1 week later
    #2866 1 year ago

Because it pops!

ScorpionLED (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #3041 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I think that when color LEDS came out, people realized that they could now tint certain areas of the playfield, whereas before there was only one choice of light with incandescent bulbs. ...

Not true. I still have boxes of colored incandescent bulbs and colored bulb condoms. I have a LOTR from 15 years ago where I did color change areas of the machine. The difference is it was subtle. The LEDs can be super bright and of course poor choices.

For example in LOTR there is a row of bulbs across the back plane under the DMD not in direct sight. I thought making Mordor and the lava flow a bit on the red side would add a mood. So I alternated yellow and amber incandescent. I thought Hobbiton should be green so I put a green bulb condom "a" GI bulb in the area. On White Water a lot of people put blue bulbs in the bottom of the Whirlpool ramp. In the Fester Scoop on Addams Family bulbs matching the electric chair bulbs.

So we played with this stuff long before LEDs were so available. But small stuff and only after the games were working.

#3108 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

something seems wrong. There is no way a ball can travel down that trail with the action figures gun there. It would get hung up every time. someone is full of shiat.

You are making 2 assumptions.
    1) the game works
    2) they actually play the game

The amount of these pin that have default scores and credit dots is crazy.

#3134 1 year ago

I think that is what Monster Bash looks like. There is a line of blue GI bulbs between the right outlane and shooter lane. The green is on the creature sign not the GI. And the Mummy area glows amber from the yellow pop caps.

If it was puked you would not see how colorful the game is. Most MB pukers make a purple/blue blob of the game.

#3149 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Holy fuck wow. That's a Hall of famer

I will get mod-slapped if I "fix" your post - but "Hall of shamer"

And yes, I too am worried about that poor Whitewater

3 months later
    #3419 11 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

... I still have trouble forgiving B/W for strobe multiball in AFM, although not suceptable to PE, trying to play multiball in the dark with a stobe light can give me a siezure.

But that was designed to do that on purpose. I have mine in a dark area and it is cruel. But then one time I found an AFM in the wild in a well lit area and you realize it takes away the whole point of the mode.

It is a great example of how lighting can change gameplay.

3 weeks later
    #3537 10 months ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

My friend with kids told me this is THE hot toy this Christmas. A $50 unicorn that makes rainbow poop when you squeeze it. $10 for additional poop packs. I shit you not. If this doesn't signal the end of days then I'm at a loss.
    [quoted image]

There are a few here that would probably say - "That would make a great topper!"

7 months later
    #3925 74 days ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

I guess you were getting GIFs for the other thread but thought of this one

4 weeks later
    #4014 46 days ago

Would this crappy LED puke even work correctly in TOTAN with G.I. that does a lot of fade effects?

#4023 41 days ago

How do you take that picture, look at it and think you should post proudly it to the world. What is wrong with people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 22.50
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 269.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside