(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,254 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jason43
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_market_174801_31 (resized).jpg
    432604611_785706006391434_898862450737247211_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711587135359 (resized).jpg
    20240325_183907-COLLAGE (1) (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240325_221629653 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8096331_0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 166.
    #2051 6 years ago

Captain Puketastic

1!3 (resized).jpg1!3 (resized).jpg

#2052 6 years ago

That translite looks so horrible.

they put a red bulb behind elton to make his red shirt "pop" with color.

so now his whole head is red too. it looks absolutely horrible. how can anyone defend this stupidity?

there are no doubt places in a pinball game where a clever person could use a colored bulb to improve the look of the game

but when you put a red bulb in the translite and elton turns into a demon, then you take the bulb back out and say, "That didn't work too good."

see how they put a purple bulb in the bottom of elton's pinball machine, it's a GI socket so there's this big stupid looking blob of purple that doesn't match the shape of the artwork. pure suckage.

#2053 6 years ago

The nice thing about clown puke is that it's so over the top and hideous that it's easy to point out the flaws to the new guys.

If it was more subdued, it would be harder to explain the awfulness

you can post up the original art and the puked art side by side and the dreadfulness of the puke is unmistakable.

1aadf51f165aa472e92bd16650c10feae45cd72b (resized).jpg1aadf51f165aa472e92bd16650c10feae45cd72b (resized).jpg

#2054 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Captain Puketastic

All that time making it look bad and yet didn't even have a 3rd flipper rubber.

#2055 6 years ago

It's awful.

Clown pukers, just be honest and admit that you like awfulness.

Some people love a meal of circus peanuts washed down with icy cold lashings of Meisterbrau. That's fine, just be man enough to admit it's disgusting.

1291126845e009c8228dea0345d9a73bf548a4b8 (resized).jpg1291126845e009c8228dea0345d9a73bf548a4b8 (resized).jpg

#2056 6 years ago

I totally agree that some people usage of colour LEDs is dispicable and totally disrespectful of the original artists work but why are we (irobot) getting so in depth on specific bulb placement and obsessing over telling everyone about how awful it is. Cant we all just upload images and laugh??

#2058 6 years ago

Inspiration for the upcoming remake!

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#2059 6 years ago

Oooo a Monster Rash.

#2060 6 years ago
    Quoted from JReedie:

I totally agree that some people usage of colour LEDs is dispicable and totally disrespectful of the original artists work but why are we (irobot) getting so in depth on specific bulb placement and obsessing over telling everyone about how awful it is. Cant we all just upload images and laugh??

I say, old top, why not critique it in detail and describe its various permutations of awfulness?

I'm making this thread POP

#2061 6 years ago

Theatre of Mucus!

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg

#2062 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I say, old top, why not critique it in detail and describe its various permutations of awfulness?
    I'm making this thread POP

Because i do think there a limit to which you can critique a light bulb.

#2063 6 years ago
    Quoted from JReedie:

Because i do think there a limit to which you can critique a light bulb.

We used to think there were limits. But they have become stretch goals.

There is a whole new level of stupid we never thought possible.

Is it real or is it comedy?

#2064 6 years ago

and the fact that the greatest offenders are very very slow learners. So you have to repeat yourself many many times.

#2065 6 years ago

I was in Lowes tonight and saw an LED shower head (sadly I forgot to take a picture), but it reminded me of this thread:

Product link:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/DreamSpa-Chrome-5-Spray-Shower-Head/50422688

LED SHower Head (resized).jpgLED SHower Head (resized).jpg

#2066 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

I was in Lowes tonight and saw an LED shower head (sadly I forgot to take a picture), but it reminded me of this thread:
    Product link:

What artwork is that illuminating?

#2067 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

What artwork is that illuminating?

Sadly not much...

#2068 6 years ago

With no disrespect meant to anyone, its gone to the top!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2069 6 years ago

Banned-Skittles-Ad (resized).jpgBanned-Skittles-Ad (resized).jpg

#2070 6 years ago

Taste the rainbow.

#2071 6 years ago

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#2072 6 years ago

trek 2 (resized).jpgtrek 2 (resized).jpg

trek (resized).jpgtrek (resized).jpg

#2073 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Product link:

those are actually pretty handy. If you are doing something in the kitchen in the dark. Filling a glass, cleaning a plate off, it actually works well. Plus they are battery free. the one I had, had a little turbine in it, so when the water passed through, it would create the energy for the light.

#2074 6 years ago

I would be the last guy on earth to buy that shower head.

My father was a huge fan of gizmos. He was actually a very intelligent guy, but he bought the most stupid crap.

I learned early in life to hate gizmos, they're either completely pointless, solving some non existent problem, or it's just cheap junk with some "fancy features" to attract the eye of the consumers. Or both.

You ever notice how it's hard to find anything that is actually built to last, but it's easy to find cheap gizmo crap? There's a lesson in there somewhere.

You buy a new faucet at Home Depot, the chrome is freckling off after 3 years. But they have a shower head with an LED in it.

#2075 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

"fancy features"

I hear you... My life is complicated enough with electronics at work and home, electronic computers, tablets, smartphones, and of course - pinball machines. I want simple featureless appliances in my home. Like refrigerators that keep my beer cold without internet, a clothes washer and dryer with about 2 settings is perfect. It seems everything has to be crammed with a hundred buttons, lights, and options. Most of the extra fluff does nothing for me - and is often just more to break.

#2076 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

That's exactly the point of this thread indeed! people think their games look like those but they really look like

cp (resized).jpgcp (resized).jpg

#2077 6 years ago

Way beyond the neutral zone.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#2078 6 years ago

Blinding!

tumblr_om4gq8NKRR1tukmwfo1_400.giftumblr_om4gq8NKRR1tukmwfo1_400.gif

#2079 6 years ago

Colored LED's are not for everyone. I find them better than a bright cool white on most games as long as they are done in a way that do not wash out the plastics or other colors. The Bright cool whites blind me and make it harder to play. I guess to each there own. Good news is if you don't like it and it's your game its easy to fix.

JJ

#2080 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

The Bright cool whites blind me and make it harder to play. I guess to each there own. Good news is if you don't like it and it's your game its easy to fix.

Unless you buy one of those new games or remakes where you don't really have a choice.

#2081 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Unless you buy one of those new games or remakes where you don't really have a choice.

At this Time, Stern's GI and CGC's Gi are all replaceable. Stern with off the shelf LED's and CGC with Nifty's plug-in style LED's.

JJ

#2082 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

At this Time, Stern's GI and CGC's Gi are all replaceable. Stern with off the shelf LED's and CGC with Nifty's plug-in style LED's.

JJ

Will incandecents work?
    If only the insert lights were replaceable too.

#2083 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Will incandecents work?
    If only the insert lights were replaceable too.

Nope but Retro type LED lights will work. Incandescents pull too much current. I would think that would be a very bad thing to try and use them in a modern game.
    JJ

#2084 6 years ago

Maybe instead of invisiglass, the next big thing in pinball will be diffuser glass.

#2085 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe instead of invisiglass, the next big thing in pinball will be diffuser glass.

Welding helmet glass.

#2086 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Welding helmet glass.

Worked for the eclipse!

#2087 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

It's awful.
    Clown pukers, just be honest and admit that you like awfulness.
    Some people love a meal of circus peanuts washed down with icy cold lashings of Meisterbrau. That's fine, just be man enough to admit it's disgusting.

How many times are you going to lasso the same backglass?

#2088 6 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

How many times are you going to lasso the same backglass?

send him a better picture of your avatar and he can start using that.

#2089 6 years ago

Starpuke

FB_IMG_1516938278700 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1516938278700 (resized).jpg

#2090 6 years ago

The more I see this thread the more I understand how badly it is playing clown puked pins.

Here is a fantastic FirePuke in all his blinding (for real) glittering awesomeness.
    I notice the owner probably mixed Jack*Bot color scheme with this (red/blue sides) and made things even worse.

7E20E0DA-672F-433F-8F93-7DF6752A2C88 (resized).jpeg7E20E0DA-672F-433F-8F93-7DF6752A2C88 (resized).jpeg

#2091 6 years ago
    Quoted from Giulio:

The more I see this thread the more I understand how badly it is playing clown puked pins.

Yet another case of blowing the playability aspect of clown puking some games way out of proportion with these pics. Try turning some overhead light on. My Taxi with white in the GI is a dark ass pin to play in a pitch black room, as it basically has an empty hole of darkness in the middle of the playfield. At least they had the sense to use white LEDs in the GI by the flippers. I'd rather play the one on the right going by these pictures.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#2092 6 years ago

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#2093 6 years ago

Theatre of Tragic

#2094 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Theatre of Tragic

Indeed. Outside of that it's a beautiful machine in my opinion. Crazy how a nice machine can be ruined by something so minute.

#2095 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Yet another case of blowing the playability aspect of clown puking some games way out of proportion with these pics. Try turning some overhead light on. My Taxi with white in the GI is a dark ass pin to play in a pitch black room, as it basically has an empty hole of darkness in the middle of the playfield. At least they had the sense to use white LEDs in the GI by the flippers. I'd rather play the one on the right going by these pictures.

even the one on the right has the GI's done correctly. All the colors are just lens flare from the camera from the inserts. Colors in inserts is all good. Nothing wrong with either picture in that example.

#2096 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

even the one on the right has the GI's done correctly. All the colors are just lens flare from the camera from the inserts. Colors in inserts is all good. Nothing wrong with either picture in that example.

I guess you are right - I didn't catch it. That's once again a problem with taking decent pics of lighted games, especially in the dark. The same game, with room lights:

Firepower4 (resized).jpgFirepower4 (resized).jpg

#2097 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

send him a better picture of your avatar and he can start using that.

Hahaha, that's funny.
    Cheers

#2098 6 years ago

The wrong colored inserts are making me itch.

#2099 6 years ago

How can anyone defend this clown puking of games?

It's AWFUL. And it's pointless and stupid, it looks like the work of a child.

Just picture screwing up a translite with green bulbs like this and then standing back and saying, "Yup! Nailed it! Lookin good!"

middle-earth-backglass (resized).jpgmiddle-earth-backglass (resized).jpg

#2100 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

How can anyone defend this clown puking of games?
    It's AWFUL. And it's pointless and stupid, it looks like the work of a child.
    Just picture screwing up a translite with green bulbs like this and then standing back and saying, "Yup! Nailed it! Lookin good!"

And many people do....and guess what. - none of them are reading this thead! You say the same things over and over to nobody who cares. It's awful to you, sure...but it's not awful to them. Just stop getting so angry and post some pics.
    We Get it.

There are 8,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.