(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,209 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 248 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 58 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 150 votes
      33%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_market_157961_0 (resized).jpg
    rainbow-centaur-mens-t-shirt (resized).jpg
    FdmlqFrR_400x400 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_084956_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_085002_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_0257.gif
    Screenshot_20240314_124458_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-190113 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8057803_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7360 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7324 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7307 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    id-44 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
    img_0604.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

I saw this posted on Facebook. The owner posted before and after pics and was proud of the result. I'm hoping he was reading from right to left.

ugh (resized).JPGugh (resized).JPG

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Dude I'd love to see that. Do the inserts too!

And the coin door lights. We actually had an op here that used to do that.

#278 6 years ago

!ugh (resized).JPG!ugh (resized).JPG

#381 6 years ago

I'm just going to leave this right here...

"This WPT is in great shape. I've done a custom set of Non-Ghosting LEDs using bulbs from Comet to tastefully highlight the playfield."

!ugh (resized).JPG!ugh (resized).JPG

!ugh2 (resized).JPG!ugh2 (resized).JPG

#418 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Did i make tbe wall?! I didnt get no comments on my METpro

Can I ask a serious question? Why did you feel the need to put a random color underneath every white insert? I see people do that and I just don't understand, like when someone goes and makes each mode insert in STTNG a different random color of the rainbow. Why make the crosses pink for instance? How does that relate to anything in the game or even make sense? I can see if it was a logical match like in Batman Dark Knight when people match the Joker (green), Scarecrow (orange) and Batman (blue) for instance, but I don't understand just doing it for the sake of doing it. White inserts can look really good with LEDs. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just really was curious as to the reasoning why some people do this.

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

An abomination kit being sold on eBay. Poor Space Invaders.

That is straight up awful. I especially love the two different colored eyes. Was it some kind of contest to see how many random colors can be crammed into that pin? And why do the color blind people that do this hate white inserts? Considering Space Invaders was essentially a black and white arcade game...white would fit pretty well here.

1 week later
    #583 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Water is blue, right?

I don't know what's more ridiculous, all blue GI or trying to sell Waterworld for $3,000.

1 week later
    #786 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I just want someone to tell me how adding a bunch of color to this would make it any better. The game already has plenty of color in its art and inserts. It's well balanced and it looks good as it was originally created.

Someone did add a bunch of blue LEDs to the white inserts. The rollovers, left ramp inserts and dead end were originally white.

I will go to bat for the Speaker Light Kits. I like them, but only under certain circumstances. DON'T have it cycle through random colors that don't relate to the game. Pick the color the best matches the game and stick with it. Gold on my LOTR with the rings acrylic looks really nice. Now change that gold to purple...or worse yet a never ending cycle of red, blue and green...it looks stupid. Same thing with my Wrestlemania. I have the WWE acrylic backlit with white to match the logo on the game...looks awesome like it was factory original. Once again, cycle red, blue and green and it looks straight up awful.

#791 6 years ago

Examples like this are what I really don't understand. Why just take and change white inserts to colors with no relevance to the game or the mode just to make a game look like a circus? Let's see, put some pink here, purple here, some blue here. I guess it doesn't have bright green GI under the slings so that's something.

lotr (resized).JPGlotr (resized).JPG

#794 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To me, the Greens, Pinks, and Purples in the inserts are out of place with the color palette used in this game.

I couldn't agree more.

#1033 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I'm not sure if your serious or fishing. Do you know the story of the avatar?

Either way it's false. Popeye is better than Gilligan's Island and Hurricane for sure. I would rather have a Popeye than other games like Party Zone and T2 as well. Popeye gets a worse rap than it deserves because it's hard, people don't like the weird theme...and many people have never really played one but heard someone say it's bad so it's bad.

#1228 6 years ago

Fixed that for you. Let me know if you want the kit, I'll sell you one for only $169.99.

glow (resized).JPGglow (resized).JPG

#1323 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

This thread needs less arguing and more terrible pics.

Now that is impressive.

#1330 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well at $156, it's priced about what it needs to be when it looks this shitty.
    oh wait...that just for the LED's? I thought it was for the whole game.

LOVE the disclaimer in the auction description!

"Safety Warning: Super Bright Quad 4LED bulbs are exactly that, Super Bright, please do not look directly into the light without eye protection, or under playfield plastics, or behind the backglass. LED does not mean safer for the eyes. It does mean much brighter lights, far less energy consumption and far less heat inside the pinball machines."

Good thing you never need to look at a playfield when you are playing pinball. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about someone who would do this, I don't know what would.

1 week later
    #1495 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

They tore this guy a new one in the comments for his LED job and rediculously high asking price on Facebook yesterday. It was hilarious.

On a positive note, he didn't change all the mode inserts to some random color that has no association to the mode so there's that.

1 week later
    #1761 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, white kits serve no purpose for me... Not that I would buy a kit anyway.
    But yeah I would just, and have, buy 50 packs of white

^^^This. I would never buy an LED kit, color or white. From my experience, you end up paying way more for things you don't need by buying a kit.

#1854 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

This is what I'm talking about. Purple and blue LEDs heavily criticized here...but then elsewhere....the same poster's games. That TAF and TOM look pretty blue, purple and bright to me. But I like it.
    LOTR has some blue, purple, red,....now I see why some of the advocates haven't been posting pics of their games.

Not sure what you were going for here, but my game room picture is the bottom one...not the top. I wasn't complimenting the LED choices in the top picture, just his black light carpet selection since I had never seen anyone else with the same carpet as mine. If you find any rainbow puke in the bottom gameroom picture of your post, just let me know...

lego4 (resized).jpglego4 (resized).jpg

#1911 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not your buddy, guy.

lego2 (resized).jpglego2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2023 6 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

From facebook

I saw that Gold Wings on Facebook so I had to come to this thread and check, I knew someone wouldn't let me down.

#2051 6 years ago

Captain Puketastic

1!3 (resized).jpg1!3 (resized).jpg

#2125 6 years ago

Fresh off the heels of F-14, this one is in a Galaxy all it's own...

1!3 (resized).jpg1!3 (resized).jpg

#2203 6 years ago

Not GI, but think how much money was spent for this backbox kit to make the game look terrible.

FB_IMG_1517804813506 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517804813506 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1517804797800 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1517804797800 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2403 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man people love powder coating for sure.

There's a thread of it's own for that. I pop in once and awhile to see some of the mostly questionable at best things people pay top dollar to do to games. A few look good, but many are just funny and sad at the same time. Then of course there are the ones that are just downright head scratching.

#2410 6 years ago

Pinbot was surprisingly spared the all half red, half blue treatment, but Playboy was not so lucky.

FB_IMG_1518921141637 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1518921141637 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2451 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I am triggered.

I was going to post that picture. Here's a good one. Nothing like putting your best foot forward when trying to sell a game...

yuck (resized).jpegyuck (resized).jpeg

#2453 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Can we extend this thread to insert lighting as well as GI lighting?
    For example, can clear or white inserts remain clear/white? Why do people put in purple/pink LEDs in clear inserts????

Amen Brother! I don't understand why an insert can't be white with some people. Colored GI is horrible, but putting random colors in clear inserts that have no relation to the insert or mode is a close second for sure in my book. At least when people color puke GI, they are usually "trying" to match up red plastics with red LEDs. Some of the worst offenders in this category are the STTNG mode inserts and the LOTR character inserts. Hey, let's put a green LED under the Battle Simulation mode insert, that looks good and makes sense. Then we can do a pink LED under the Q mode insert...because...pink. The the whole Enterprise can be a Christmas tree of all different random out of place colors. Awesome. A personal pet peeve of mine is when people put colored LEDs or worse yet, color changing LEDs under the diamond inserts in Congo. The diamond inserts are the perfect use for a cool white LED. They look awesome white, but some people have to taste the rainbow with every insert.

#2524 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

That's a terrible color bomb, especially the blue faces - but the glare is mostly from the camera.

The zombie cops are awesome. Night of the Color Bombed High Speed. I do have to say I am a little disappointed that the RPM inserts are still white though. Could have easily put some pink or purple LEDs in there to really make it pop.

1 week later
    #2597 6 years ago

The lighting matches the gameplay quality perfectly.

Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

#2620 6 years ago

Wow. And here I thought you couldn't make a Hardbody look worse than it always does. I wonder if that High Speed is the same one with the zombie cops from before. I don't understand why people think purple LEDs are a good choice for flesh tones.

2 weeks later
    #2678 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Talk about spook show.

On the "bright side" ("see" what I did there...and there too? )...lighting like that on Zombie makes it harder to see what is arguably some of the worst playfield art in modern game history.

1 week later
    #2744 5 years ago

That Popeye is such an absolute shame because it is almost as if the game was made for cool white LEDs. I bought a filthy routed one and went through and cleaned it up and it was beautiful with cool white GI. The best part is that it wasn't a kit that cost me $200 plus either. Win/win.

1!22 (resized).jpg1!22 (resized).jpg

OJuFYbT (resized).jpgOJuFYbT (resized).jpg

#2754 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

"Which one do you prefer?" Real question asked by a real person. Their identity will be anonymous to protect the innocent.
    (I think it's PS'd but even the thought of it....)

D: None of the above.

2 weeks later
    #2809 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Ancient Egypt will never be the same.

I know where this picture was taken. The guy who operates the game there is awesome, maintains all the games really well and really cares, but once in a while he goes overboard with the LEDs/Mods.

1 week later
    #2846 5 years ago

Guy got a free Cyclone pin, goes through all the work of getting it up and running...and then pukes it.

IMAG0345 (resized).jpgIMAG0345 (resized).jpg

#2850 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Why do you care anyway, it's not for sale and it's going in my game room not yours. Seriously with all due respect get over it, man!

Why do you care? You got a free game, congrats to you! You got it up and running which is even more admirable. I personally just think the end result with the color bombing is unfortunate that's all and that's what this thread is about...color gi fails.

#2868 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Colored inserts aren't the worst things in the world.

They aren't if there is some connection or meaning behind doing it that way. Coloring white inserts to different colors that have no association to the insert is ugly and pointless...like in that Demo Man pic. What association does green or red have with any of those modes? Other big offenders are modes in STTNG, let's make Time Warp mode insert green and Q pink...just because. Or the characters in LOTR. Gimli is blue, Borromir green, Legolas pink. Why? Now when it is used to make a connection like the character inserts in Spiderman (green for goblin, yellow for sandman, etc.) or Dark Knight or the villains in X-Men, it can look great...because it looks like it should have been that way from the start.

That second picture is just straight up embarrassing. I had no idea what game it was even until I read the title of the image.

#2877 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

see this isn't really a big deal. If you want to add some color to normally a boring white insert. it's not a big deal, as long as the insert isn't printed with color. If it's printed with color, then it just looks like mush. But inserts don't illuminate any playing area. So you are not making it impossible to see the ball, nor are you destroying any visual art in the surrounding area. It's one of the few creative lighting things you can get away with and not completely make your game look like complete ass.

I respectfully disagree. This is a great example of complete ass IMHO. Which would you want? LOTR or random circus sideshow LOTR?

Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG

#2901 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Dr Who purp'd this?

I saw that for sale. Seller *only* wants $3500 for it too.

#2906 5 years ago

Ho-Le-Fuk what happened to that Demo Man?!?! I've seen a lot of awful DM's in my day, but this one could very well take the cake.

Capture2 (resized).jpgCapture2 (resized).jpg

#2914 5 years ago

The perfect ensemble for the color puker in your life. Hopefully it's not just static. It needs to color change for maximum effect.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #2962 5 years ago

No commentary necessary.

s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg

#2972 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Oh. My. God.
    LOOK AT THE CHOICES FOR THE BACKGLASS!

I think I already posted that Demo Man's twin brother. I do like how it looks like they have one white bulb behind Sandra Bullock's face, almost like she has a Phantom of the Opera mask on or something. It's amazing the things people pay big $$$ to do to games.
    s-l1600 (2)1 (resized).JPGs-l1600 (2)1 (resized).JPG

#2973 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Oh. My. God.
    LOOK AT THE CHOICES FOR THE BACKGLASS!

I see your purple Demo Man and raise you a World Cup Soccer...underwater.

s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg
    4 weeks later
    #3072 5 years ago

Puker's row.

FB_IMG_1531703253804 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1531703253804 (resized).jpg

#3095 5 years ago

The Purped Knight

1 week later
    #3144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I think that is what Monster Bash looks like. There is a line of blue GI bulbs between the right outlane and shooter lane. The green is on the creature sign not the GI. And the Mummy area glows amber from the yellow pop caps.
    If it was puked you would not see how colorful the game is. Most MB pukers make a purple/blue blob of the game.

They blued out the Bride face and inserts and then purped the Bride's instrument as well as the Wolfman's.

#3147 5 years ago

Looking good? I feel for what's about to happen to that poor Whitewater.

1 week later
    #3179 5 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Remember that episode where Tony joined the Blue Man Group?[quoted image]

WOW.

#3181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ming:

Before & After[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. But then you went and puked the displays...

#3205 5 years ago

This one is just a head scratcher. Of all the colors that would fit with NBA Fastbreak or even just look decent, green has to be about smack dab at the bottom of the list. I'd put this right down there with the all blue custom Sopranos translite.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#3209 5 years ago

You guys are slipping. I thought for sure this would have been posted already.

#3211 5 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

[quoted image]

This is Lethal Weapon pinball, this is Lethal Weapon pinball on drugs...any questions?

I think I still see a couple of inserts with white bulbs though, hopefully they go back and replace those with some wacky out of place random colors to match the rest of the game.

#3231 5 years ago

For the low, low price of $5,103.98 (Discounted 20% at that price - $1276.00 off reg. price) this gem could be yours!

"(Custom LED Excellent)"

2 weeks later
    #3256 5 years ago

Elektrified...

IMAG1376 (resized).jpgIMAG1376 (resized).jpg
    #3260 5 years ago

I can almost hear the Twilight Zone silently screaming..."Don't let him touch me..."

IMAG1376 (resized).jpgIMAG1376 (resized).jpg
    #3269 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

here is a whole line of shitfest.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

The real scary thing is that those LED jobs look like those horrendous kits you can buy on eBay for $150+ so just looking at those pictures, that person probably spent over $1000 just on LED kits to do that to those games.

ebay.com link: LETHAL WEAPON 3 Complete LED Lighting Kit custom SUPER BRIGHT PINBALL LED KIT

1 month later
    #3344 5 years ago

It looks like Violet Beauregarde puked on his tuxedo shirt. I have to say I am a little disappointed though, the guy's face is still white. Surely a few blue LEDs could have been used there to really make the game "pop".

#3357 5 years ago

Who wore it better, Blue Knight or Green Knight?

510655dfbfec54e6ac4258b0943b18633b7c8679 (resized).jpg510655dfbfec54e6ac4258b0943b18633b7c8679 (resized).jpg
    4 weeks later
    #3375 5 years ago

Terminated

FB_IMG_1541787196343 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1541787196343 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #3596 5 years ago

I stopped posting many of these because it unfortunately could be a full time job, but I saw this one and knew it was special. Seller even, "Added additional LED strips to brighten the back of the playfield which is usually dark." If that's light, I'd hate to see it dark. Anyway, it's for sale, so you guys can all fight over it now...
    49525834_10218933578797587_6221092031825969152_n (resized).jpg49525834_10218933578797587_6221092031825969152_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #3609 5 years ago

Must have run out of purple and red LEDs for those slings.

49743465_10157432766594869_196425286990954496_n (resized).jpg49743465_10157432766594869_196425286990954496_n (resized).jpg

#3610 5 years ago

Come on Neo you're slipping, I know you saw this one...

!!LEDS (resized).jpg!!LEDS (resized).jpg

#3613 5 years ago

Some doozies have been popping up lately...

50726016_762835647404244_5051702102187835392_n (resized).jpg50726016_762835647404244_5051702102187835392_n (resized).jpg
    #3617 5 years ago

Yeah, that's a head scratcher. Black looks good on a T3, I could see chrome if you really had to change the trim, but blue? Almost like it was taken off another game and just randomly put on that one. That's a perfect example of a mod that someone paid hundreds of dollars to do that would actually de-value the game for me if I was a buyer. Glad I don't have to worry about that, I would touch a $5500 T3 with a 10 foot pole.

#3621 5 years ago

Oh yeah!

51248331_10212650036677924_5689425834209705984_n (resized).jpg51248331_10212650036677924_5689425834209705984_n (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #3633 5 years ago

That Popeye is a crime. When I had my Popeye I rescued it from a dirty laundromat and give it a complete teardown and cleaning. She was a filthy pig, but afterwards she looked great and if any game was made for cool white LEDs, Popeye was. The game looked gorgeous. I still miss it.

purpeye (resized).JPGpurpeye (resized).JPG
    #3636 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You've posted that before. We get it. I have a stock incandescent loaded Cue Ball Wizard. I have to refrain from posting 500 times when people post the LED kits that color the faces on the backglass. Not every game benefits from LEDs, agreed!

Twice = 500 times? Did I strike a purple colored nerve? There's a lot of pics of games in this thread that have been posted multiple times, are you rainbow puke thread police now? Take a deep breath and just consider my previous post for all the people who didn't want to go back through 72 prior pages to find my last one.
    1541743434751 (resized).jpg1541743434751 (resized).jpg

#3639 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Haha...take it easy. It just struck me that I saw the Popeye comment before. I was also in agreement...like I said, no LEDs in my CBW. To make it fair, I guess I could post the other pic that is posted "500 times" in this thread. Note that from the Ebay listing there were 4 of these sold. That's 4 puked CBWs versus your one Popeye machine. LOL.
    [quoted image]

It's all good, I'm just having fun. Nice backglass...I think I've seen that somewhere before...

5 months later
    #3932 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Owner considers the LEDs an "upgrade".[quoted image][quoted image]

As a former Maverick owner, that Mav is hideous. I've become pretty desensitized to a lot of these, but man that is over the top awful. I can't even follow the color logic at all with those choices, especially in the backglass.

1 week later
    #3984 4 years ago

Here's a good Joke...rz

j1 (resized).jpgj1 (resized).jpgj2 (resized).jpgj2 (resized).jpg
    #4004 4 years ago

You all know you are green with envy over this one...

69265949_1331805363661145_7900559858154340352_n (resized).jpg69265949_1331805363661145_7900559858154340352_n (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #4083 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

What great color choices![quoted image]

The red cards should have red LEDs under the inserts and black cards should have blue or even the always reliable purple under them. Missed opportunities.

1 week later
    #4122 4 years ago

I've never played a Purple...err I mean Polar Explorer before.

72368295_2587207771340434_6366068382319509504_n (resized).jpg72368295_2587207771340434_6366068382319509504_n (resized).jpg
    #4125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Magenta Madness...and friends.
    [quoted image]

Yeah, that's the new color changing GI so at least there is an excuse there. Not that I am a fan of that, it looks ok on WOZ and Wonka due to the theme, but neon pink and purple don't do much for a medieval game.

Here's one with no such excuse, a Rainbow Stones.
    194b1b3dea577388477ee7dcd113d0b8cc6feff2 (resized).jpg194b1b3dea577388477ee7dcd113d0b8cc6feff2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #4232 4 years ago

Anyone up for a game of Doctor Who?
    thats-impossible-luke-star-wars-1200x879 (resized).jpgthats-impossible-luke-star-wars-1200x879 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #4333 4 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Holy blueberries Batman!!![quoted image]

They don't call it The Dark Knight for nothin...

2 weeks later
    #4355 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hey BUCKO....can't see SHIT! even the cat was trying to sit on the game and fell over blind.[quoted image]

I was going to post this pic, but I got lazy and figured someone else would do it anyway. Point proven!

2 months later
    #4568 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinbot, jackbot, tron.....anything with 2 diff'rent colored sides is often sexually assaulted.

Don't forget about Transformers. There is one on route here with the typical purple/red LEDs on each side and it is basically unplayable and looks terrible too...what you can actually see of it.

1 week later
    #4633 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I mean, should we start a thread about mods that look crappy, or a millions of other things we dont like? No, certainly not.

Too late...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time

3 weeks later
    #4792 3 years ago

You guys are getting slow. I thought this would have been posted 45 minutes ago already...

IMG_20200429_133904 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_133904 (resized).jpg

The only thing that could make me want to play a RCT less is having to play one that was "lighted" like this...

txaliengun (resized).JPGtxaliengun (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #5104 3 years ago

Who's ready to play some Flash?

109706734_1247039062305201_7980747077618949642_n (resized).jpg109706734_1247039062305201_7980747077618949642_n (resized).jpg
    #5119 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Hey good news, seems that our trolling friend rager170 has finally got the hint to leave the thread! Just noticed. Calls for a bit of celebration, don't you think?

Party's in full effect over here...

image-post-17127-30122017-170801 (resized).jpgimage-post-17127-30122017-170801 (resized).jpg
    #5163 3 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

...[quoted image]

In this case the LED job matches that backglass and the actual pinball title itself. The topper that you rarely see was the best part of the game. I can say that since I am previous Monte Carlo owner myself.

#5168 3 years ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

Nice Pin*Blot. Why. Just why.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I have no idea, this is horrific! I mean everyone knows that the entire left side is supposed to be all blue. What were they thinking?!?!

1 month later
    #5277 3 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Demo (your retinas) Man
    [quoted image]

HA! Where did you get that picture? That's my old Demo Man. I got it from the operator which was Eastside Pinball as you can see on the apron. Even though I had already played Demo Man a million times and was really good at it, I thought it would be fun to have at home. I was wrong. The operator had it all blued out at the time. I sold it pretty quickly after buying it. I know it's been sold at least one additional time since then.

#5295 3 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Was on Facebook, not sure which group. Seems they *did* put white GI in the lower half of the playfield.

I found it. I know him. That is the second owner after I sold it that is trying to sell it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/638269097074364

2 weeks later
    #5375 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do you accept rehabilitation stories?
    After
    [quoted image]
    So much better.

tenor.giftenor.gif
    2 months later
    #5681 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

My brothers first pin. Is he infected?
    IRL it’s a lot easier to see the ball at the top of the play field than before
    [quoted image]

"Puke here and here" - said in my finest Arnold impersonation.

cd77dddb59a5823b43d5daf002ef1c0d99026039.jpeg (resized).jpgcd77dddb59a5823b43d5daf002ef1c0d99026039.jpeg (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #5755 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Huge GI fail! Can't believe they are asking 4500 for a pre-eye doctor visit.
    [quoted image]

Dang it. Came here to post this but I figured you guys would beat me to it.

Ridiculous LED job ✅
    Ridiculous price ✅
    Ridiculous condition claim of home use only with a tax sticker on front ✅

This guy got a hat trick.

2 months later
    #6150 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That translite is pretty wicked though!

I agree and I am not one who likes alternate translights pretty much ever. One thing I am not a fan of though is that black The Shadow font on it, looks out of place. Should have matched the green and white fade colors from the front of the cabinet.

1 week later
    #6163 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I guess the thought process (if there was one) was that Playboy girly girls used to wear pink all the time..? On second thought, maybe pink bulbs were on sale..
    First time I don't want to flip a Playboy Bunny!

I've seen people do that with Playboy before and that was the "reasoning" behind it. Creative use of pink LEDs.

2 weeks later
    #6232 2 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

Today’s save.
    [quoted image]

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
    #6255 2 years ago

Obi-Wan Kenobi...YOU are our only hope. Glad there is a sneeze guard on that topper. I aim high! [quoted image]

Nice topper. I just wish it wasn't so subtle. I would have held out for something a little larger in scale personally. And with that, I see (who could miss it honestly) your ginormous Millennium Falcon and raise you a Game of Thrones Premium owned by The Blue Man Group themselves!

Edit: Damn, I was beaten by 2 minutes. Next time I shall not linger in disbelief and be quicker with the pics!
    bluegot (resized).JPGbluegot (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #6354 2 years ago

Red
    Ah-ah
    I don't know why you would do this!

Lyrics by Queen & LesManley
    flash1 (resized).jpgflash1 (resized).jpgflash2 (resized).jpgflash2 (resized).jpgflash3 (resized).jpgflash3 (resized).jpg

#6355 2 years ago

Duplicate post

#6380 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Hang on, is that 4 different colored legs?? ...so that's what I've been missing on my games!!

P.s. I tried to find an even BIGGER sarcasm emoji, but couldn't..
    Edited: and someone is asking $15k for that gem??

I'm so confused. It's like someone took all the random pieces for games they had laying around, put them on the Star Wars comic art edition and said, "That looks awesome!". White trim, blue / red / yellow / God knows what the 4th one is (green?) legs, white wireforms, black wireform, gold coin door, every light up lightsaber they could find at the dollar store, multiple Millenium Falcons, Pro translite and to top it off...the Naboo ship keychain...because hey why not? Nothing else makes sense on this game so why should the keychain? Stern needs to step up and make a limited Star Wars Demented Edition based on this. $$$

And now I see the ad this is based on for the low, low price of $15,000. I don't know what is more sad, the game itself or the fact that this doesn't appear to be a joke listing...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-comic-art-premium-5

EDIT: Oh my God...from the additional pictures in the listing you can see that the 4th leg actually is green. I was just joking when I originally threw that out there above. It's so fitting for this game.

#6385 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think I cracked the code of those are all Boba Fett colors?...

Maybe, but Boba's green and red are totally different shades than those colors and I don't think he has blue on him anywhere. Plus he says in the for sale listing it has a "Stormtrooper theme". WTF?!?! I need to stop trying to figure this insanity out.

1 month later
    #6607 2 years ago

You're welcome.

FB_IMG_1624934456376 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1624934456376 (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #7415 1 year ago

BLUEYE[quoted image]

That is such a shame, especially on Popeye since the game looks absolutely perfect with cool white LEDs. I had one and went through and shopped it out and was really amazed at how good it looked afterwards.

1 year later
    #7802 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

You guys are getting slow. I figured for sure someone by now would have posted these. Blue Bond complete with rainbow speaker grills.

blue1 (resized).jpgblue1 (resized).jpgblue2 (resized).jpgblue2 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #7953 4 months ago
    Quoted from bdw85:

For sale locally for a mere 6 grand.
    [quoted image]

Don't forget it has, "Clear coated playfield with custom glitter black paint in shooter lane."

I had thought I had it seen it all...
    395887853_6823813464376064_3313061995821301530_n (resized).jpg395887853_6823813464376064_3313061995821301530_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.