(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,211 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 170 votes
      56%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 42 votes
      14%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 92 votes
      30%

(304 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,040 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy (resized).png
    shitbusters (resized).jpg
    shit park (resized).jpg
    vandamme.gif
    744806EF-DFE7-4175-85A3-2F8EC324C6EB (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1573330701664 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1573330699423 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191107-062419 (resized).png
    2019-led-neon-ba-sign-ip-66-led-digital-tube-led-dmx-tube-color-color-changing-led-tubes-colour-changing-led-tube-lights (resized).jpg
    48-T8-4-COLORED-Tube-Guard-Fluorescent-Plastic (resized).jpg
    ten2or (resized).png
    F973E105-579A-40FB-BDDC-188A2369F9C4 (resized).jpeg
    blouses.gif
    yT5yerJ.gif
    prince-symbol-elmas-polat-basoglu (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png

There are 4211 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 85.
    #2151 1 year ago

or as I think most people that do this are. he's color blind and thought he was putting all white in.

#2153 1 year ago

This is why I hate humans.

#2154 1 year ago
    Quoted from KIRK_:

Why? Because they keep ruining pinball machines with hideous color GI?

#2155 1 year ago
    Quoted from KIRK_:

I agree, it's tough seeing a pinball machine with colored bulbs all over it so it looks like a redemption game for 5 year olds at Chuckie Cheese.

But hang in there, this moronic fad is bound to run out of steam sooner or later.

#2156 1 year ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I love this thread.

I can see why, half your total posts are on this topic.

#2157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Why? Because they keep ruining pinball machines with hideous color GI?

Yes.

#2158 1 year ago

I don't think these were posted yet, but both are on eBay if you want your own rainbow puke without the hassle of putting LEDs in your current machines.

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

s-l1600-1 (resized).jpg

#2159 1 year ago
    Quoted from KIRK_:

I don't think these were posted yet, but both are on eBay if you want your own rainbow puke without the hassle of putting LEDs in your current machines.

Now that IS an interesting point.

What happens when a known clown puker buys an already clown puked machine?
    Is there an internal struggle of "this clown puker doens't know how to clown puke" or do they sit back and admire a great clown puking?

#2160 1 year ago
    Quoted from KIRK_:

They've been relisted a good bit. Maybe because no one can fully see what they'd be bidding on. Lol

#2161 1 year ago

and the new owner won't be able to see to play either. guys that try to defend this shit by saying they can see the ball are full of shit. The ONLY way you can see the ball is if...and only if. You play outside in the backyard on a bright sunny afternoon. Or .... You have a spot light, or service light behind you shining on the playfield while you play. or.... you have commercial grade florescent lighting above your machine, but setup so there magically isn't any glare.....or. You are playing in the dinning room right under your room lighting light.

Basically, if you are playing with enough WHITE room lighthing, to overide the colorshit. Either way, you NEED white light to play the fawking game.

#2162 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and the new owner won't be able to see to play either. guys that try to defend this shit by saying they can see the ball are full of shit. The ONLY way you can see the ball is if...and only if. You play outside in the backyard on a bright sunny afternoon. Or .... You have a spot light, or service light behind you shining on the playfield while you play. or.... you have commercial grade florescent lighting above your machine, but setup so there magically isn't any glare.....or. You are playing in the dinning room right under your room lighting light.
    Basically, if you are playing with enough WHITE room lighthing, to overide the colorshit. Either way, you NEED white light to play the fawking game.

lol. Not only are those pins worst case scenario, they are also LITERALLY sitting in the pitch black and the camera is blurry. Its all triggered nonsense anyway. In a correctly lit playing environment even space station green mode is easy to play.

#2163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

lol. Not only are those pins worst case scenario, they are also LITERALLY sitting in the pitch black and the camera is blurry. Its all triggered nonsense anyway. In a correctly lit playing environment even space station green mode is easy to play.

Absolutely. I'm sure there are some badly puked games that are difficult to play. I'm 51 and My eyes are going south and I could still play my Pinbot for hours even with the lights off. where my F-14 was the bitch to see with white GI because of all the flashers...then I turn on the basement lights.
    If you can't see the ball in this video, you need glasses more than I do.

#2164 1 year ago

It's not just about being able to see a single ball in the middle of the playfield. You 'friends of pukers' ever play multiball? Lots going on, important to see it all, clearly and easily.

#2165 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

It's not just about being able to see a single ball in the middle of the playfield. You 'friends of pukers' ever play multiball? Lots going on, important to see it all, clearly and easily.

Pinbot has multiball. Maybe you should try it.

#2166 1 year ago

How bout the clusterfuck of colors on this thing.

00y0y_7vhAp682iXo_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00O0O_6mfu7UwLXKQ_600x450 (resized).jpg

#2167 1 year ago

Lets not do the time warp again!

00b0b_7J6Vs4KDLoS_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#2168 1 year ago

Even Scully and Mulder don't have an answer for this thing.

xfiles_pf (resized).jpg

#2169 1 year ago

"Take me down to the led city where the game looks crappy, not even close to pretty"

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2170 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

You ‘friends of the color triggered’ ever play kiss? Demon multiball must create panic attacks.

#2171 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How bout the clusterfuck of colors on this thing.

Ridiculous! That is NOT what the designers and programmers intended!!!

#2172 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Pinbot has multiball. Maybe you should try it.

Two balls being tracked by your eyes at the same time in Pinbot. Or maybe six balls, depending on the game. Must be nice to be able to track many balls while easily making centre drain saves and nudging the outlanes in poor lighting conditions... No big deal!

#2173 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Two balls being tracked by your eyes at the same time in Pinbot. Or maybe six balls, depending on the game. Must be nice to be able to track many balls while easily making centre drain saves and nudging the outlanes in poor lighting conditions... No big deal!

Yessir, my ball times were so long on my Pinbot that sometimes I'd just shut it off and walk away. Funny thing is over the past couple years I need readers now to see menus in restaurants. My guess is you don't play Space Station or WOZ at all.

3 (resized).jpg

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2174 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Yessir, my ball times were so long on my Pinbot that sometimes I'd just shut it off and walk away. Funny thing is over the past couple years I need readers now to see menus in restaurants. My guess is you don't play Space Station or WOZ at all.

Are you sure that's not just the green mode in space station, either way it's way too much.

#2175 1 year ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Are you sure that's not just the green mode in space station, either way it's way too much.

It's the green mode...which is also multiball. It's not "way too much", the mode is naturally puked green as a part of its original design. Anybody should be able to play it in a normally lit room for sure.

untitled (resized).JPG

#2176 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Your guess is incorrect, I play all games, including pinbot, space station and WOZ. Seeing as you are so concerned about the games I play, I will let you know that I play at a competitive level, ranked in the top 400. You don't get there by never having played Pinbot. Congratulations on being so good at pinball that you just walk away. Man, you must clean up in A division!

You won't see me complaining about games that were designed to have colour GI by the designers (nor is that the point of this thread, OP owns a Met Prem, but it was designed that way, not sure why the friends of pukers continue to attempt to be clever by posting pics of games with factory colour GI...), but I think it's important to consider that those decisions were made during the design phase by professionals, based on a number of factors. Factors that the average puker does not consider when puking out an EM that is already very short on GI, or a DMD game with many hidden feeds and/or a huge multiball. Space station is a very wide open game with few hidden feeds. WOZ is a modern game with much more thought and technology put into lighting than in days past.

When you puke out a game that is already difficult to see because it has poor lighting and/or hidden feeds, you are making it more difficult to track balls while playing the game. Some games are affected more than others, arguing that because space station has a green GI mode, no other pinball machines ever made would suffer visibility issues from colour GI... that's a logical fallacy. You aren't proving anything but your own poor ability to make a valid argument. Similar to how none of the friends of pukers can rebut irobots posts.

Think about something like CFTBL... it's already dark and difficult to see, now if you add green bulbs to the GI, it becomes a nightmare. (Yes, I have played CFTBL, btw)

#2177 1 year ago

Also of note: players don't control ambient lighting at leagues/tournaments. Just because you can see and play for days on your own puked out game in your gameroom doesn't mean that the conditions will be similar in all places. Another logical fallacy. Some hosts won't even turn on ambient lighting! Good luck tracking 6 balls on a puked out game at those places. But, you don't have those issues because you are so good at pinball, must be nice.

#2178 1 year ago

Relax, Maken. Its just pinball. I don't play tournaments, but at the ones I have seen there has always been plenty of overhead light to supplement any game play. Colored GI has never posed a problem for me as far as playing is concerned. I was just commenting on these blanket statements saying *all* colored GI is impossible to play. That's pure BS for the casual player. Which is probably a large percentage of the folks here and even larger outside of this site.
    Its one thing to dislike puked games because of how they look. Some I don't like, some I do. Aesthetically, I don't care for even white LEDs in some classic games. But there's been comments that my puked games were unplayable...and that's simply not true.

#2179 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Relax, Maken. Its just pinball. I don't play tournaments, but at the ones I have seen there has always been plenty of overhead light to supplement any game play. Colored GI has never posed a problem for me as far as playing is concerned. I was just commenting on these blanket statements saying *all* colored GI is impossible to play. That's pure BS for the casual player. Which is probably a large percentage of the folks here and even larger outside of this site.
    Its one thing to dislike puked games because of how they look. Some I don't like, some I do. Aesthetically, I don't care for even white LEDs in some classic games. But there's been comments that my puked games were unplayable...and that's simply not true.

So you have no clue what you are talking about then. Another brilliant rebuttal.

#2180 1 year ago

The bottom line is that NO game benefits in regards to playability by adding in colored GI. It objectively makes it worse, because it's not as bright as the game would be with white GI. Yes, you can play clown puked games, but the actual playing is compromised to some degree.

#2181 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Your guess is incorrect, I play all games, including pinbot, space station and WOZ. Seeing as you are so concerned about the games I play, I will let you know that I play at a competitive level, ranked in the top 400. You don't get there by never having played Pinbot. Congratulations on being so good at pinball that you just walk away. Man, you must clean up in A division!
    You won't see me complaining about games that were designed to have colour GI by the designers (nor is that the point of this thread, OP owns a Met Prem, but it was designed that way, not sure why the friends of pukers continue to attempt to be clever by posting pics of games with factory colour GI...), but I think it's important to consider that those decisions were made during the design phase by professionals, based on a number of factors. Factors that the average puker does not consider when puking out an EM that is already very short on GI, or a DMD game with many hidden feeds and/or a huge multiball. Space station is a very wide open game with few hidden feeds. WOZ is a modern game with much more thought and technology put into lighting than in days past.
    When you puke out a game that is already difficult to see because it has poor lighting and/or hidden feeds, you are making it more difficult to track balls while playing the game. Some games are affected more than others, arguing that because space station has a green GI mode, no other pinball machines ever made would suffer visibility issues from colour GI... that's a logical fallacy. You aren't proving anything but your own poor ability to make a valid argument. Similar to how none of the friends of pukers can rebut irobots posts.
    Think about something like CFTBL... it's already dark and difficult to see, now if you add green bulbs to the GI, it becomes a nightmare. (Yes, I have played CFTBL, btw)

So if a game was meant to be a puked dark mess then its totally fine because 'professionals'.

Point taken.

#2182 1 year ago

So if a game was meant to be a puked dark mess then its totally fine because 'professionals'.
    Point taken.

Why did you come back? This thread was a million times more enjoyable while you were banned from it. Do you really need to come stir it up again? Go start a pro puke thread if you're so angsty about this one.

#2183 1 year ago

Point taken.

Are you saying that you don't respect the knowledge and experience of those in the industry?

Care to provide some examples? Care to rebut any of my points?

Didn't think so.

#2184 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Are you saying that you don't respect the knowledge and experience of those in the industry?
    Care to provide some examples? Care to rebut any of my points?
    Didn't think so.

Your point is that its fine to not be able to see a game as long as it came that way.

Thats not an 'argument'/'point' that I'm going to spend any time rebutting.

#2185 1 year ago

Your point is that its fine to not be able to see a game as long as it came that way.
    Thats not an 'argument' or even a worthwhile 'point' let alone one worth spending any time rebutting.

Reading comprehension issue on your part.

My point was that the knowledged experienced people in the industry are better equipped to make that decision, savvy?

#2186 1 year ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Why did you come back? This thread was a million times more enjoyable while you were banned from it. Do you really need to come stir it up again? Go start a pro puke thread if you're so angsty about this one.

I think most of the examples posted here are horrific. It just doesnt make me upset.

#2187 1 year ago

[removed]

#2188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Reading comprehension issue on your part.
    My point was that the knowledged experienced people in the industry are better equipped to make that decision, savvy?

It seems like maybe folks are trying to justify their intellectual dishonesty on this subject.

A puked game thats hard to see is a puked game thats hard to see IMO. Regardless of whether a 'professional' put in the colored bulb.

I'm happy to agree to disagree with you.

#2189 1 year ago

You may justify your intellectual dishonesty any way you like.
    A puked game thats hard to see is a puked game thats hard to see. Regardless of whether a 'professional' put in the colored bulb.
    I'm happy to agree to disagree with you.

So all games are made the same, got it. No games are harder to see in certain areas than others. No eras have better lighting than others. No games have different amounts of balls than others. No games have more hidden feeds than others.

There you have it, all pinball machines are the same! Designers are useless!

Is there even an example of one single game that was released as a "puked dark mess"? You are just making things up.

#2190 1 year ago

I grew up playing pitch black arcades with no overhead lights, half of the incandescent GI bulbs burned out... playing through the fog of cigarette and pot smoke. Modern LED filled games are often too bright for me regardless of the color in the GI, including white.

#2191 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

So all games are made the same, got it. No games are harder to see in certain areas than others. No eras have better lighting than others. No games have different amounts of balls than others. No games have more hidden feeds than others.
    There you have it, all pinball machines are the same! Designers are useless!
    Is there even an example of one single game that was released as a "puked dark mess"? You are just making things up.

pasted_image (resized).png

#2192 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Even Scully and Mulder don't have an answer for this thing.

Still way brighter and more white in the flipper area than this one on the 'Bay

s-l400.jpg

#2193 1 year ago

X-Files is already bad enough. To make it pukey makes it an instant pass. I wouldn't touch that thing on free play.

#2194 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Still way brighter and more white in the flipper area than this one on the 'Bay

Exactly. White is a color. And obnoxiously bright cool white sux as bad as some of these shades of lavender.

#2195 1 year ago

Perhaps at the Pinball Olympics, they will add a few games with the most awful colored GI in the dark, and see how the pros play.
    Not too long though, without a vision rider on your insurance......

#2196 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Perhaps at the Pinball Olympics, they will add a few games with the most awful colored GI in the dark, and see how the pros play.

It wouldn't affect me at all as I play with my eyes shut.

But for home use, I really need to impress the ladies. And they aren't too thrilled to know my favorite colors are pink and purple.

#2197 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It wouldn't affect me at all as I play with my eyes shut.

I have no doubt, you have mastered this!

#2198 1 year ago

Freaked Frankenstein Ebay auction

Screenshot_2018-02-04-10-06-26~01.png

#2199 1 year ago

Yeah, that looks horrible. You can barely see any of the artwork or the true color palette. And Frank is a colorful game. Mine with cool white and some added cool white spots.

IMG_2619 (resized).JPG

IMG_2620 (resized).JPG

#2200 1 year ago

Get those standup target decals for your Frankenstein. I had them on mine and they look great - way too many blank white standups on Frank.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.00
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 58.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 4211 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside