catchy-as-hell.gif
My_Pinside_»_Settings_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-22_06.56.17 (resized).jpg
image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,855 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 158.
#7101 70 days ago

Well at least Haggis has, not only, provided an update but one that is believable. So good for them!

Most felt that they were taking money in to keep the business going and not because buyer machines were ready. Is the next move to start looking for an investor??

I give Haggis credit for keeping machines rolling off the line but, to me, I feel we've seen this before. JJP comes to mind!

#7102 70 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Yes like paid several months earlier and got my machine.What irks me when someone continually bitches and finds fault with Haggis when machines are still being built and shipped.

Agree, to me Haggis is guilty of poor customer service. They haven't followed in the footsteps or JPOP, Andrew Heighway or even Dutch Pinball (who to their credit is almost done completing all those EA games).

I mean we're talking about a guy that started a pinball business in his garage 3 years ago!

#7103 70 days ago
123B9FF7-3461-4EDB-893F-6A2EBDF2A2A2.gif123B9FF7-3461-4EDB-893F-6A2EBDF2A2A2.gif
#7104 70 days ago

A lot to digest. Much of it believable. Still a lot of vagueness, with few specifics. Comments without elaborating, like 'recapitalize' and "refocus our partner offerings".

The email basically reads, "we have, and continue to, encounter difficulties, but can't elaborate. Pinball manufacturing is harder than we thought. Further delays are certain. Everyone just needs to wait an indeterminable amount of time. We may be out of money."

The lack of specifics leaves many questions still unanswered. Perhaps even more questions than before, due to Haggis' new admissions. Uncertainty has heightened.The circumstances are not rosy. This is nothing like what people were told almost three years ago, in April 2021 when Fathom sales opened.

#7105 70 days ago

Recapitalize = we have no money =
Ponzi scheme like =
hope those that are paid in full and waiting are made whole.

#7106 70 days ago

How many bailouts/white knights are left willing to enter pinball at yet another low point?

Stern has their investors. JJP has Abess. AP has Aimtron. Heighway had the Pinball Brothers, who then filed BK. Dutch got new customer money from those willing to buy/chance a TBL given the strength of the games theme/gameplay.

#7107 70 days ago

Not good

#7108 70 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is the next move to start looking for an investor??

I'm sure @gold1, punkin and oldskool1969 would be happy to invest. They apparently have 100% faith in this company and are certain that everything is going great.

#7109 70 days ago

haggis is screwed. I hope no one has money tied up with these folks.

#7110 70 days ago

IIRC, Punkin's stance was something like, send the manufacturer your money and you takes your chances, that's pinball. When it comes to Haggis, he admitted buying a pin from them was a calculated gamble.

#7111 70 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

As someone who paid in full a year ago the one word in the letter that worries me is recapitalize. I am grateful there was this communication in my inbox just now.

“Recapitalize” could be a funny way of saying “we gotta sell a bunch of centaurs now so we can finish making the fathoms.”

You are right to be worried.

#7112 70 days ago

I wonder if they are still going to the Texas Pinball Festival. Wouldn't that be a great way to spend the rest of the money that I sent them instead of actually making the games???

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/

#7113 70 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Our manufacturing methodology is based on Just-In-Time and Lean principles

How does this compare to deepeoot's lean and agile?

#7114 70 days ago

"To support this change, we will need to further slow down production activities, recapitalize, and refocus our procurement strategies and partner offerings."

Looks like Martin's War of the Worlds pin is doubtful.

#7115 70 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

How does this compare to deepeoot's lean and agile?

It’s all part of the Total Pinball Ownership Experience

#7116 70 days ago

I was afraid this could happen - there was pent up demand for Fathom - but not really any other titles.

I wanted to support them on game #2, but I just can't get excited about a $10k+ Centaur. Short of a Flash Gordon with Queen music (ie impossible), there aren't ANY other 80's games that I want a $10k+ remake of.

I truly hope Haggis finds a way forward.

#7117 70 days ago

It’s a bummer I had to wire full payment. I have no recourse like if credit cards would have been allowed. Hope is not a strategy, but that is all I have left.

#7118 70 days ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

"To support this change, we will need to further slow down production activities, recapitalize, and refocus our procurement strategies and partner offerings."
Looks like Martin's War of the Worlds pin is doubtful.

That was always doubtful when it got pushed back for Fathom. That was still in early stages and without anyone to do the mech/CAD work (I dont think they have hired anyone recently on that front) it wont have been touched in the last 2 years. I'm surprised Centaur even got announced. But then again that was just re-using all the Fathom mechs but putting them in different places. There is only so long that the company can keep going without significant money company. I would have expected a message like this sometime last year.

#7119 70 days ago
Quoted from lachied:

There is only so long that the company can keep going without significant money company.

Didn't they sell out of the Centaur Orblivion version? That's $150k in deposit money right there. That should have been enough to keep them going.

#7120 70 days ago

TLDR: “We are moving away from just in time parts procurement and recapitalizing” = up to this point we have taken your Fathom payment to buy parts for a game that was paid for 6 months ago. Unfortunately Centaur was a flop and we have run out of new buyers to fund any more parts.

FFS stick a fork in this thing and put everyone out of their misery.

#7121 70 days ago

Wow who could have seen this coming

And the dingleberries still trying to spin it

Good luck to all the folks that have money tied up in this

#7122 70 days ago

This update really annoys me as I'm sure a lot of you. We got emails only a month ago telling us Centaurs were ready to start rolling on the line and that full payment was now due for them. Less than a month ago told expect around 12 weeks for them to start being boxed up. Now not even a month on and we get an email with an open-ended date of when to expect our games. Not even a rough schedule. Makes me wonder how many have had to put down full payment for Centuar when Haggis had to have known at that time (1 month ago) they were no where near the timeline of shipping games by end of Q1. I can only hope they stay open and eventually get everyone their games. Hard to do if people stop paying though.

#7123 70 days ago

I sent a bunch of questions to Damian after that email. While he couldn't give me details on when my game will be built or how many they are making per week/month or when the next container would go out, he did provide a long response including the following:

"We are still building games and will be completing all orders, I have no intention of ceasing manufacturing in any way, so your game will be built."
"We will be committing to more frequent updates with our customers, and please be assured that I am still 100% committed to providing you with your game."

All we can do now is wait and see what happens.

#7124 70 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I sent a bunch of questions to Damian after that email. While he couldn't give me details on when my game will be built or how many they are making per week/month or when the next container would go out, he did provide a long response including the following:
"We are still building games and will be completing all orders, I have no intention of ceasing manufacturing in any way, so your game will be built."
"We will be committing to more frequent updates with our customers, and please be assured that I am still 100% committed to providing you with your game."
All we can do now is wait and see what happens.

Glad you heard back. I emailed a list of questions earlier this week and still have yet to receive a response.

#7125 70 days ago

Can somebody tell me what the F a "partner offering" is?

Is it the sacrificing of a spouse to try to appease the pinball gods?

#7126 70 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Wow who could have seen this coming
And the dingleberries still trying to spin it
Good luck to all the folks that have money tied up in this

Don’t gloat

#7127 70 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

I give Haggis credit for keeping machines rolling off the line but, to me, I feel we've seen this before. JJP comes to mind!

You mean DP… need money to build the games we already sold :/

#7128 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looking for angel money I assume

#7129 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from Damonator:

Looking for angel money I assume

“Our suppliers have refused to offer us payment terms and now require payment upfront.”

Could mean anything and is deliberately vague. Levi’s interpretation would make a great Haggis social media update though.

#7130 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably trying to sell his concepts/parts to someone (but whose buying?)

Recapitalize probably means sell off space and equipment to get more cash in and expenses down. The only way they can go any slower than they are now is by reducing their facilities and any staff they had.

Maybe TPF will stay on the schedule… as an investor seeking tour

#7131 70 days ago

I would still pay $5000 for a Centaur kit!
Put all the parts with wire harness in cabinet and ship it to me.
I’ll assemble it myself.
Would be fun!!
Ez cash flow for haggis.

#7132 70 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I would still pay $5000 for a Centaur kit!
Put all the parts with wire harness in cabinet and ship it to me.
I’ll assemble it myself.
Would be fun!!
Ez cash flow for haggis.

Would you pay them $5000 for a Centaur kit tonight if they were willing to sell you one?

#7133 70 days ago

Yes! As soon as I seen a video of all the parts being placed into a cabinet.
And a picture of that cabinet on a shipping container with todays newspaper.
Maybe

#7134 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would you pay them $5000 for a Centaur kit tonight if they were willing to sell you one?

At that price, would it actually be profitable to produce the cabinet, parts, and diagrams as a kit, while providing customer support?

#7135 70 days ago

Should I expect an offer for refund from FlipnOut after this terrible update from haggis?

#7137 70 days ago

This doesn't look good. The bottom line is, people have paid in full for games almost a year and still aren't getting them any time soon from the looks of it. How could it be any worse than putting up full money for a game and 12 months later finding out that the company is slowing production (than from a year after full payment and no game??) and they apparently need money/capital. It sure is great to hear that they want to produce pinball.. hell, I'd like to build them too.. But after all this time they should know what they're doing and how they were going to get it done.

So I ask this, and this was a big thing with the other manufactures like this- can those that paid in full still get a full refund at this point? Has their money been spent, and if so, on what? It was supposed to be spent on their game, right?

I'd buy a Haggis Centaur.. if the game was in a box, in the U.S., and I could pick it up upon delivering my cash.. and no other way. I do recall that a lot of Aussies got their games before U.S. customers, perhaps those Aussies that were spinning this like nothing was wrong were the ones that had games coming soon/next? Just a thought.

#7138 70 days ago

Watching with curiosity.

“Recapitalize” and “partner offering”

They need investors. Meanwhile, pinball is hard and they will keep grinding out what they can.

The real time supply chain gobbly gook makes no sense for small pinball manufacturers.

#7139 70 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Watching with curiosity.
They need investors. Meanwhile, pinball is hard and they will keep grinding out what they can.

Man, whoever coined the phrase “Hope Dies Last” definitely had you in mind.

#7140 70 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

perhaps those Aussies that were spinning this like nothing was wrong were the ones that had games coming soon/next? Just a thought.

Have you not read what's been said??
Punkin stated MANY times that he is waiting for his machine and even requested he was one of the last to be in line for one.
That makes your above statement look damn stupid!!

#7141 70 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Man, whoever coined the phrase “Hope Dies Last” definitely had you in mind.

No shit

I find myself here again.

#7142 70 days ago

The only surprise here is that I actually got an email from Haggis today and it wasn't to ask me for more money. I appreciate the honesty and I never expected my game fast. Slow production is better than no production but I didn't expect things to actually slow so long after I paid my game in full.

The games were already coming at an excruciatingly slow rate and now it's getting slower? Not sure how that is really acceptable at this point? Basically this note is an SOS. I take it as "hindsight being 20/20, our whole business and production model has failed, needs to change and we need an influx of money or slow production will turn into no production."

#7143 70 days ago

I'd love a Centaur, thought hard about putting a deposit down, but it's a lot of money considering.

I wonder if they priced it at the minimum they need to make a profit or looked at the landscape and plugged the numbers in from there.

$10 & $17K is wild.

#7144 70 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The only surprise here is that I actually got an email from Haggis today and it wasn't to ask me for more money. I appreciate the honesty and I never expected my game fast. Slow production is better than no production but I didn't expect things to actually slow so long after I paid my game in full.
The games were already coming at an excruciatingly slow rate and now it's getting slower? Not sure how that is really acceptable at this point? Basically this note is an SOS. I take it as "hindsight being 20/20, our whole business and production model has failed, needs to change and we need an influx of money or slow production will turn into no production."

If he asked for more money at some point it's beyond a guy that sucks with his business finances and it's reaching closer to fraud and jail time.

Developing Centaur bled them of what little capital they had. Then the change in market and orders weren't there to keep playing it like everything is A-OK. They threw the Hall Mary that it would work. They're out of money. They need investors or someone to take over.

I applaud their email to some degree for what seems almost like a turning point for Damian. Not what we heard at all July last year when Centaur was revealed and he was rallying the troops to place orders and lock in those deposits. Still, the email is semi delusional with very vague wording. The show is over unless someone comes to his rescue. But regardless of how beautiful the machines are, I'm not sure anyone is taking over what seems to be terrible choices and a mostly failed business model.

#7145 70 days ago

Alot of speculation and disinformation in some posters posts.
think before you type please.
your flippancy may be the detriment of others.
Go Haggis

#7146 70 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Go Haggis

I read the email that Damian has a legitimate passion for pinball, and really wanted to make something great. However, times are tough, and there's more levers to running a successful pinball company that can build games at a reasonable pace than he could have ever anticipated. He may very well build every unit singlehandedly out of passion even if it takes him years, but even that would require money. And money seems to be tight at the moment...if there's much at all.

#7147 70 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Have you not read what's been said??
Punkin stated MANY times that he is waiting for his machine and even requested he was one of the last to be in line for one.
That makes your above statement look damn stupid!!

Looking historically, not just at "Pumpkin". I think in order to understand this, you need to look broadly also. One or two pumpers isn't the whole story.. you're the one looking "damn stupid" (LMAO).

#7148 70 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

At that price, would it actually be profitable to produce the cabinet, parts, and diagrams as a kit, while providing customer support?

That would imply they offer customer support at all.

Screenshot_20240216_195327_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240216_195327_Facebook (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20240216_230813_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240216_230813_Facebook (resized).jpg
#7149 70 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Go Haggis

I'd love to go to a restaurant with you, and have the waiter finally give us food 7 hours after taking our order. So help me god you better not get upset.

#7150 70 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'd love to go to a restaurant with you, and have the waiter finally give us food 7 hours after taking our order. So help me god you better not get upset.

ha ha ha ha , good one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,855 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 158.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/143?hl=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.