Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (59 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (59 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago

It's not possible for Haggis to get any license. They've sold 18 pinball machines.

Settle down people.

As an aside, isn't it funny the staying power that advertising for bad sequels to memorable movies have had over the decades?

Both "just when you though it was safe" (Jaws 2) and "They're Back" (Poultergeist 2) have survived in the pop culture consciousness for 40 years, while the terrible movies are forgotten.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

More than Dutch when they licensed TBL from Universal
Pretty sure they mostly care about the check cashing. There's all sorts of Jaws merchandising crap. It was one of the first major movies to get heavily into licensing random junk.

Dutch had an industry veteran securing the Licensing for them. Licensing games isn't as easy as just snapping your fingers and cutting a check.

You need to convince them you know what you are doing and won't embarrass the brand. Some Australians nobody's ever heard of swinging hammers around...I just don't know man.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So...Haggis could pay Roger Sharpe to help...
It's not a Herculean task to go hire a consultant to get it done. It's just a question of having the capital to pay for it.

Do you think they have the capital to pay for it?

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

"Back in the water" quote was JAWS 2....they are signifying a remake.

Jaws 2 is bad but it's still the best Jaws sequel by a large margin. It's got some memorable moments.

My favorite one is probably when Jaws eats the helicopter.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How many games had jjp sold when they got WOZ .
They say The Beatles was a million-dollar licence , let's just say Jaws is half of that , so if they put $1,000 on each game and limited it to 500 games , they would sell them easily and cost would be covered .

Lol @ haggis making 500 games

2 years later
#7111 59 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

As someone who paid in full a year ago the one word in the letter that worries me is recapitalize. I am grateful there was this communication in my inbox just now.

“Recapitalize” could be a funny way of saying “we gotta sell a bunch of centaurs now so we can finish making the fathoms.”

You are right to be worried.

#7115 59 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

How does this compare to deepeoot's lean and agile?

It’s all part of the Total Pinball Ownership Experience

#7125 59 days ago

Can somebody tell me what the F a "partner offering" is?

Is it the sacrificing of a spouse to try to appease the pinball gods?

#7132 59 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I would still pay $5000 for a Centaur kit!
Put all the parts with wire harness in cabinet and ship it to me.
I’ll assemble it myself.
Would be fun!!
Ez cash flow for haggis.

Would you pay them $5000 for a Centaur kit tonight if they were willing to sell you one?

2 weeks later
#7492 40 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

comparing stern delays of a few weeks to companies that go dark for months to years and you don't even know if they will still be in business... this is 'what-about-ism' at it's best

We've seen this before.

"Yeah I sent $5,000 to some imploding new start up and I'll probably never see it nor my game, ever. But Stern took money for LEs 3 weeks ago and people are still waiting!!!"

Whatever makes ya feel better folks!

#7513 33 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep. The kickstarter model of buyer funded pinball production is well and truly dead.

it is not well and truly dead, it's just well and truly stupid. I have no doubt people will continue to send these companies their money. "Hey I know it's a gamble, but..."

Don't forget people sent their money into Haggis in the IMMEDIATE wake of the spectacular collapse of Deep Root.

3 weeks later
#7670 10 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

One of the biggest omissions from the February "recapitalization" update was any indication as to when/whether/how often Haggis would be providing further status updates. Having painted such a dire picture after their miss of completing the Fathom run by 2023 years end, the least they could have done was to appease customers with something like "we will back the first of each month to update you on how things are going." Instead, they effectively told their customers to go pound sand, while leaving them completely hanging as to when they could expect to hear anything further. And now we have crickets. Why does the community apparently accept this, rather than insist on regular progress reports?
When Haggis told us they would complete all remaining games by 2023 years end, at least they provided a timeframe versus the openendedness of the current situation. Give us six more hassle-free months and Fathom will be done. FAIL. Based on their checkered past, that extension was a pretty big ask on their part and should have come with the requirement of timely updates . Instead, we waited; receiving little information regarding game production/shipping and/or the company's health, only to be surprised months later with February's 2024 update. We should have insisted on regular/timely updates during the second half of 2023 and Haggis should have been more forthcoming regarding their current and future prospects.
So what are we going to do now?
Keep sitting idlely by, waiting?

They have nothing to say. I know it's easy to say "why can't they give us monthly updates" but when that monthly update is "Well...looks like you guys are still fucked. We'll check in with ya next month!" it isn't gonna help anybody.

Their best course is silence and Haggis buyers' best course is praying.

If they ever have any good news, you'll be sure to hear about it!

#7710 8 days ago

Stern would be out of their minds to license their classic designs by these amateur ponzi buffoons. Not gonna happen.

#7734 7 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

All deposits on series ticket games after Fathom were supposed to be held in escrow as per Haggis website at the start, so if something was to happen to Haggis it would be interesting to see if those were returned.

Yes, Haggis was completely different than the Deep Root scam ponzi disaster that unfolded a week before the Haggis pre-orders came due. This time around everything was gonna be safe and nobody was gonna lose money cause of reasons.

Next time around this will also be true; SEND MONEY NOW!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.