IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (66 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doctor6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago

So how do I pre order?

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So how do I pre order?

Yeah, that's a good question. I, too, wish know this!

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

"Manufacturing is scheduled to begin on July 1st, with the plan to build 50 per month at the new facility.
You can purchase direct from the Haggispinball.com store on April 28th. To reserve a game, you will need to put down a $1,500 AUD (~ $1,162 USD) non-refundable deposit. Haggis Clan Members can reserve now by emailing [email protected].
Please see the interview with Haggis Pinball below for more information on ordering and production."

Thank you, David!

#279 2 years ago

So I've honest to God have been wanting a centaur and fathom. Now will be a good chance to get both soon!

#352 2 years ago

Prepare yourselves for the waves of mermaid edition people in here that suddenly have "medical bills" and wish to sell their spots.

I'm saying this now as you can still pre order this at the time of me making this post; to anyone doing this in the future: fuck you. Buy it because you want it, you bastards. Not because you want to screw your fellow pinheads.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And dang you Haggis for doing this (but really, thanks!)
I’m in - order #238.

These will be gone by today for sure

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This is a giant gamble from a new and unknown entity. Had they included all the upgrades included in the Mermaid edition into just one model, I may've been interested at the $7400 pricepoint, but they're asking way too much for the new version of the game.

Well see, you say that, but as of now they're almost gone already. So... it looks like they asked exactly the RIGHT price, sadly.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Have ya’ll seen the unboxing of celts on youtube uploaded a few days ago? The engineering and craftsmanship look damn impressive...at least on my TV anyhow.

Great to hear! I'm excited

#506 2 years ago

Confirmed by whom? Did they email you your info?

#536 2 years ago

I also have an order in and haven't heard back, either.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Prob dumb q - video looks good with the inserts blues and greens but on this 2.0 will inserts be also color rotating into reds yellows purples like modern games? I know people like this on the CGC remakes and JJPs for example. Trying to visualize this on Fathom. Thanks for the clarity.

Dude.... no. Why on earthy would they do that?

#635 2 years ago

I'm a little nervous as I have still not received an email about me getting the mermaid edition, officially, yet. Everyone knowing their numbers is freaking me out.

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pretty impressive package on the mermaid edition. Have they already sold out of mermaid editions?

I mean, must not have if punkin ordered one just now.

#772 2 years ago

You know, if they can sell beatles for over 10k, I feel that this game should sell fine.

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Well........
2. Centaur
3. Embryon
4. Flash Gordon
5. 8 Ball deluxe or Paragon (Tie)

The only game that I can see that is feasible with this price point in mind is Centaur.

2 weeks later
#1111 2 years ago

So when do we get a stream of this?

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got mine confirmed as #77 yesterday.

Whaaaaaaaat??? I asked for 77 many weeks ago. Boo.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Is it July yet?
I want it NOW!

Don't expect them in July. I think a realistic time frame would be winter.

They begin in July. Just trying to temper expectations.

Edit: Allow me to clarify. Expect many months to pass before you may take your pinball machine. Many months past July. So Christmas time. If you're Jewish, then Hanukkah time. If you're agnostic, then santa time. I hope this clears up any confusion.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

July is smack bang in the middle of winter here. I think you mean late in the year?

So I was speaking to a fella in the northern hemisphere. For him, winter is december. My target audience knew what I meant.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I understand too, it's just good to remember there's a global audience to your

I understand too, it's just good to remember there's a global audience to your comments.

I amended my post. You're absolutely right. Thank you.

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just got confirmation e-mail that I’m #185 and holy hell am I stoked for this game. I just assumed a few weeks ago if I was going to find a Fathom it was going to be 6k with a roached playfield and all the gremlins that come with a 40 yr old game. I’m gonna go watch that reveal video for the 35th time

Congrats. #85, here!

1 week later
#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Hi folks, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere... but do we have any indications of which other classics haggis will be reviving?
Thanks!

Only speculation at this point. It is all but assured that Centaur will be one.

11 months later
#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I totally agree he'll need at least an extra $3k each to finish these mermaids. That email is coming.
BUT who in their right mind will send haggis the final payment of $7900 plus an extra $3000 at this point? He's dicked us all over for months with his fake deadlines, staged video and his silence. He hasn't been forthcoming like he was on Celts. No one trusts him now.

Well, I mean, I know of one person that can't trust him from this thread. And he doesnt ever shut up.

1 year later
#6645 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Oh man! What’s my Centaur wait going to be like?
So I take it they didn’t reach all 200 Fathoms done at the end of the year as promised?

You're surprised? I find that very sweet and endearing.

2 weeks later
#6731 89 days ago

I initially put money down on one of these.... what was it, 3 years ago? Luckily I was able to get out. Now, seeing the state of affairs, I am super glad I did. :/

#6739 89 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Exactly.
I'll simplify for you.
The purpose of this forum is not to win arguments, belittle people or tear companies that are trying to improve our hobby to bits for recreation, mate.
The purpose of this forum is for people with a common interest to share ideas, conversation and solutions.
I'll leave you to your arguing and acknowledge that you win what you think you are winning. Lucky you.

*Says this forum "isn't for being a dick to people"

....Immediately is a dick to people.

#6782 85 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have read, comprehended and corrected every one of your posts.

Your lack of self awareness is approaching sorta sad levels. You don't realize how combative you are, and how you may not actually be an infallible human. Why not give this thread a little break and let it get back to it being about Haggis, and less about us gawking at your deteriorating mental illness?

1 week later
#6816 74 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Is there anyway I can get any money back from my $1000 deposit for Centaur?
Would be amazed if I could get $250 at this point if anyone wants to go through the hassle to try and transfer my deposit.

I would be super scared to be in your shoes to be honest. Good luck man.

#6842 74 days ago

I'm sorry for stating the obvious, but if Haggis needs money in advance to build games already paid for, the math doesn't add up to me how people at the end of thos roller coaster will be taken care of; when all the money dries up and was used simply to get there, but not make it yet.

I'm building person A's machine with person B's money. But when it comes time to build person B's machine, but there is no person C money to build THAT from.... someone is gonna get fucked at the end of this whole thing. All the while, we are watching people sell theirs on a second hand market for cheaper than you paid and you haven't even gotten your game yet.

Doesn't look good.

#6851 74 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Right, this is the logical conclusion by any casual observer- that the people at the very end could be in trouble. Again, not saying this is the case.. but... 10 months after payment, games are NOT being delivered.

It doesn't add up that they have to be paid this far in advance.

#6877 72 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I'm in the same boat as a Centaur depositor. With Zach, but he's told me I have to look for a buyer for the spot and that's about it. I expressed some concern back in October, but he said he still felt good about Haggis at that time so it set me at ease for a spell. Those feelings were conjuring again recently right before this thread went south since Haggis has been silent since Sept other than the inquiry about Centaur shipment air or sea back in November.
Well, all I can say is I should've done more research into Haggis. I'd think the only US distributor would have my back on the matter, but doesn't seem like anyone wants to discuss Haggis at the moment. Not even Haggis.
Probably going to have to chalk it up as a $1000 initiation into pinball because I'm feeling pretty uneasy about the purchase unless we see a real about face out of Haggis in the short...but that seems unlikely. Bought the preorder reading the nonrefundable, but am still pretty wet behind the ears with pinball and just kinda fell in love with how gorgeous it was and the marketing seemed good behind it for the sale.
It's a shame. Haggis builds beautiful games. We'll see what happens I guess but their handful of dropped balls doesn't scream excellence in this market for a niche, boutique builder.

I own an outrageously nice Centaur, but is isn't $12000 fun, or whatever the hell they're going for now.

#6976 71 days ago

Guys, I hate to interrupt our geography lesson here.

I find it very curious. There are stating to be two types of people posting in here: You have people nervous or concerned about the way Haggis is running business, and then you have Australians. There seems to be very little overlap.

To our Australian friends, you simply must know that the rest of the world is pretty damn nervous about the state of Haggis and where much of their hard earned money has been for months and months. I would hope you'd look at this through a more objective lens.

#7047 69 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Would you like to know what Aussies know and think about some posters in this thread!
Always back an Aussie. Always.

No matter how much they're gonna fuck someone over. Got it.

#7149 66 days ago

Alot of speculation and disinformation in some posters posts.
think before you type please.
your flippancy may be the detriment of others.
Go Haggis

I'd love to go to a restaurant with you, and have the waiter finally give us food 7 hours after taking our order. So help me god you better not get upset.

#7171 66 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Can GAP or someone else explain why Great American Pinball has at least two new Fathom Mermaids sitting in their warehouse? This was posted yesterday (in the PF thread, obviously). I'm just trying to understand why at least one US dealer has new games in stock when a bunch of US customers have paid in full and don't have their games.
[quoted image]

Well one guy here was trying to sell his spot with GAP for 4k. I doubt he will get it and may have to take a loss to move it.

#7239 62 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Love my nightly tune in to the Fathom thread to see the GourdGladiator take on (checks list) every other pinsider!
Our very own bloodsport!

It's more surreal for me, as from my point of view they're arguing with an apparition.

1 week later
#7284 55 days ago

Here is a post that sounds like I've quoted someone in this thread.... sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Quoted from PinballRulez:

That might all be true. But making promises, not honoring them and then stop communicating is going to have fatal concequences for them in the end. Their culture has to change to customer intimacy and Heighway should do anything now to make all their current customers happy. Only that will generate new business and open a possible window for them to survive the hard world of Pinball manufacturing. If they do not get their act together now and provide their (potential) customers with open and transparant communication and actions they will be out of business sooner than later.

Obviously in thr middle you see it is about heighway... snd we all know what happened there. It sounds like it fits Haggis right now perfectly.

Of course we all know what happened to heighway, but about this time in the life cycle, not unlike Haggis, people were still cautiously optimistic. However a lot of people could see things were failing. But we still had people backing them, ever hopeful.

#7289 55 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If anyone is following the Intellivision Amico debacle there are so many parallels with Haggis

That idiot didn't even have a product ready. He is far worse.

#7293 55 days ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

If you haven't already, check out the Completely Unnecessary Podcast. They've been covering Tommy since the beginning of that farce.

Almost to a fault.

#7312 54 days ago

So let me ask a weird question. Let's say Haggis does fold and takes their money with them like we've seen countless companies to before: will the people here backing them feel bad? Feel any remorse at all? Or is this all part of "always back an Aussie?" I'm curious what your thoughts would be, cheerleading people into pissing their money away?

Hopefully this doesn't happen for everyone's sake, but if it did.... how will you feel?

#7336 53 days ago

Edit. I don't care any more. Good luck, everyone, on not getting effed.

#7346 53 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There’s “asking” and there’s “demanding”.

But per Zach's podcast, he had a bit of a snarky comment referring to it being "non refundable." Something about people not knowing what non refundable means, if I recall correctly.

#7400 52 days ago

I don't think it is necessarily aussies vs the world. It is only like three of them that are truly being assholes, and the rest fully understand the situation at hand.

And i agree with you. David Fix is making dumb choices. J pop is an asshole. Heighway is an asshole. I don't have to check where they live, first, to see if their abhorrent behavior warrants my disdain or not.

#7430 52 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Also did they not say you COULD sell your position to someone? If that is the case they have thrown their own contract out the window or at least "changed" it's parameters.

I thought the same thing. Says right there you cannot transfer, yet he said you can. So when he says "unfortunately you cannot get a refund," that's 100% his choice to not give you one. It isn't like there is some flippin-out corporate office he has to contend with.

But again, the fact he is already breaking one of his self-imposed rules could be a good sign he will be ready to break the other one.

#7432 52 days ago

I was not into the Yank vs Aussie bullshit

And yet, you're literarily the only one saying this bullshit over and over:

Mine was #69 because I asked for it. You could pick any number if you were quick enough.
This thread is very entertaining, always back an Aussie as we have so much pride on getting it done. Ever heard the saying Aussie battler?
DO NOT MENTION HOMEPIN, not an AUSSIE

But to have a manufacturer who was flexible, when they certainly didn't have to be, is honourable and due to this I am FULLY behind Haggis and all the lads there.
If and when my $$$$$ status improves I will be sure to acquire more luxury toys from the Clan.
ALWAYS back an Aussie in Australia -

Would you like to know what Aussies know and think about some posters in this thread!
Always back an Aussie. Always.

Your only recourse is to downvote me because I called you out on your shit. You started this. You did.

#7456 51 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I have wondered why so many Australians on here aggressively defended Haggis, even attacked anyone who dared be concerned about the pre-pay situation or anything else. Well, there is a Aussie familiarization that has made them comfortable.
Imagine if all the Americans were defending a U.S. company to foreigners "just because" they are located in the states. It would never happen. [quoted image]

The real shitty move is then parading around the one you have while others have been waiting 7 months or longer than they were told theirs would come in; all the while seeing many on the market place sell for thousands less than the one you've paid in full on that you still haven't received.

#7499 45 days ago

What surprises me is he is able to find hardly anyone to give him 12k for a centaur. I'm selling a practically brand new one for 5200 and nobody cares. Now he is trying to sell one for more than double that? Something doesn't make sense.

#7502 45 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

They obviously had other problems or they would have finished making the Fathoms in 2023.

Obligatory "Nobody's been screwed yet. Always back an aussie. It's okay we've been lied to. Trust me, I live in a shipping container." Etc.

#7537 39 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

So then the 210 machines made and delivered makes no difference to your thoughts?

Get off Heighway's ass... they released some games! Why is everyone so pissed off at them?

That sort of thing is the point. Also you must admit how frustrating it is to see a game you're locked into buying is selling for less than what you're stuck at. You are stuck while new ones sell for 2k less than what you paid. Surely you see these two things being a factor for people's frustration.

#7580 37 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Well given there are 90 owners registered on Pinside

Stop right there. People on pinside register games they don't own or hope to own one day before even getting their games. This happens all the time. You know that. That proves nothing.

According to pinside 3 people own pinball circus in their collection and another is on route. That's 4 machines in the wild when only two were made. Let's say that one on route is also considered in this person's collection, that's still 50% more people "own" that game than humanly possible.

Edit: I see others hopped on this same concept before I even read past his post.

3 weeks later
#7714 15 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I can't believe people paid in full for Centaur, that is just nuts.

Agreed. I'd be very scared right now. Then again, the amount of people who paid in full for centaur have to be very very few. I doubt they're going to make even 50 of these. They may be able to do it, but if they do complete this run before gping bankrupt, it will be 2025.

#7731 14 days ago

"Buying all 5 games." What a fairy tale that is lol

1 week later
#7763 6 days ago

But seriously, have we heard nothing from this guy since the whole "needing more money" email came out? These games were supposed to be done and shipped over 100 days ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doctor6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=doctor6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.