example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (41 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (40 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

Haggis & blood pudding scotch eggs were a staple breakfast in my youth. Yum
[quoted image]

Scotch eggs are amazing. I have eaten them a lot in the upper peninsula of Michigan. They were made with sausage so probably a little different than what you had growing up. Not sure what is the traditional way to make them. They for sure seem popular in the UP for some reason.

4 months later
#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How does it work when subbing to him? Do you get links to listen to the podcasts or have access to a private server?

You can listen directly from Patreon or use a private link that you load into the podcast app of your choice. Once you load the private link to your app it will act like any other podcast you subscribe to and auto update when new content is available.

3 months later
#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my friend Tuna's post from 5 days ago. I suggest some of you study it.
It wasn't working for him, so he got out.
And his spot easily sold within a day.

Exactly! I tried to buy it shortly after it was posted and somebody was in front of me in line. It went within an hour. I missed the boat on these machines and have been patiently trying to come across a mermaid spot at cost.

#5943 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After seeing the possibilities of the 2.0 code I honestly wouldn't buy a machine without it. The other version feels gimped to me now. Especially after looking at the feature matrix and seeing it has all the same RGB lighting, but it's just set to emulate the original lamps. Feels like a waste to buy that, knowing that it's basically just a software difference.
Maybe it makes sense for their business model. Clearly they're not able to pump out games at a crazy rate. But if I could come back later and get the 2.0 game I'd consider it. Not buying from a flipper, that's for sure.

Exactly. I can easily manage any FOMO I have and won’t pay flipper prices. Which is why I didn’t buy any of those spots that d0n dude was trying to sell. Just biding my time and hoping for a Christmas miracle. I agree with you the Mermaid edition is the one to get.

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

So it's ok for Damien to lie about their timeline and request money? That seems much more entitled than asking for Haggis to deliver on their promises. I'm happy people are getting their machines but stand by my statement that people in this forum should be transparent and support their fellow consumers. The poster I down voted edited their machine serial number out. Why?

I see a lot of folks do this on for sale ads regardless of manufacturer. I have no idea why, but I don’t think it is indicative of a mass conspiracy.

1 month later
#6257 1 year ago

Do we know up to what number money has been collected? I am 104 so curious how this is all progressing.

1 month later
#6333 11 months ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

My Mermaid is in the queue since February for the container to Sparks. NV..
Reading the forum thread I am not alone- curious to know if we are close to the container being full and ready for shipment.

I made final payment in February and expressed interest in waiting for the shipping container. So maybe if there are enough adding up they can fill one up.

1 month later
#6343 10 months ago
Quoted from gb:

I am holding out for the boat as well, here in Colorado.
-gb

So am I. Maybe enough of us will to actually fill a partial container.

2 months later
#6475 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Today Haggis said they will ship my game on a container.
Man I hope they mean it.

That’s good news. I am waiting for mine to be built and would like the container option.

#6477 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Also waiting… paid in full for several months now, so at this point taking the container option seems to be the best bet.

I asked Damien to hold my game until the end to give the best chance of container shipping being an option. We will see.

#6482 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Container filled and leaving end of August this year this month.
Per Haggis Company

Interesting. I paid in full in February. I wonder if mine makes that cut.

#6495 7 months ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Just got the text from Flip N Out. Fathom Mermaid Edition on its way, should have it next week. Placed the order about 10 days ago.

Lucky you. I paid Haggis in full in February and still no word if or when mine is being built, let alone shipped.

1 week later
#6501 7 months ago

Does anybody know a reliable way to get ahold of Haggis? I paid for my game in full back in February and haven’t asked for an update until a couple weeks ago. My emails have all gone unanswered. The web form on their site is also not working.

#6504 7 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

That's super annoying. Keep emailing sales @ and damian @ their domain until you get an answer. They are only making their email backlog worse by not responding.

I emailed Damien, Angela, sales, and accounts. Those are the 4 emails I had gotten initial emails from. I have followed up every few days for a couple weeks now. All of my emails are cordial, so I am just left confused.

1 week later
#6529 7 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Looks like just 5 or six games to me.

I think I see 3 rows of 3. Any games going out gives me hope for receiving my game.

1 week later
#6545 6 months ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Just noticed this update on Youtube. If this has already been shared, apologies on the repeat. But I didn't see it in this thread.

Hadn’t seen it. Thanks for posting!

2 months later
#6612 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have an extra brand new Fathom Revisited Mermaid Edition that just arrived if anyone is interested.
[email protected]

Does it happen to be #104…if so you know my address lol.

1 month later
#6698 66 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I am solely in contact with Damian. We have no mediator between us. We have over 100 emails between us on this situation. I haven’t bothered with an accurate ratio but being gracious to Haggis let’s say only 80 percent are coming from me requesting follow ups time and time again. I’m currently awaiting a final ditch attempt for my situation to be corrected after formally requesting a refund or game exchange after my 1 year anniversary of ownership. 1 year of a non functional game. They are very aware of my situation. I just have not been a priority. For whatever reason my final email in December requesting a refund or exchange as opposed to a follow up seemed to spur some activity. I was told I would finally be set right immediately after Christmas. I’m still waiting.
For right or wrong I have been quiet about my situation. The main reasons being I didn’t want to diminish the experience of others. I truly hope I am an anomaly. The other reasons being probably equal parts fear of reprisal from Haggis and just stubborn old hope that I will be taken care of so I kept a candle burning, but that light has gone very very dim. I’m tired of waiting.

As someone that hasn’t gotten his game yet, this makes me worried. Hoping they get it all fixed up for you.

#6721 63 days ago

I love lamp.

#6785 59 days ago

I would urge all parties to use the PM feature to resolve these disputes. As someone waiting on a mermaid I come here for news about the game and company.

#6787 59 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't have a dispute.

Apologies. I should have said take these conversations to PM and left it at that.

1 week later
#6811 48 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Hahahahahahahaha!
26 weeks. That's right! Six months. Half a year. That's how long I waited after paying in full.
You know what? I don't freaking regret it! Love the freaking game!

I got you beat. I paid in full in February 2023. Rolling up on my one year anniversary. Last communication a couple weeks ago was that my game is not built yet.

#6817 48 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

That's insane. I don't know how anyone can defend that (but some here will surely try).

Fortunately, I am a very patient person. The only real bummer is that with current interest rates I am out a few hundred in interest.

#6847 48 days ago

I have written the game off in my mind. Trying to manage expectations. I will be excited to get it, but am mentally preparing to never see it.

#6852 48 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It doesn't add up that they have to be paid this far in advance.

You are correct. It doesn’t. When I paid in full in Feb ‘23, I opted for container shipping. I was told 12 week build time. Then a container went out to the US around August and my game didn’t make it on. It wasn’t built and ready. I was told another container should go out this month or next, but my game still isn’t built. They are at least communicating with me, but I wouldn’t think I see this game before June. Last I talked to them a few weeks ago air freight wasn’t an option because the game isn’t built. So, the wait continues. I fully admit I am the idiot here. I am generally a very trusting person in life and give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Hindsight is 20/20, but I should have walked away from my deposit and waited. They are easily available now for less than I will have in the game if I get it. I wasn’t smart enough to see that at the time.

#6855 47 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

You mention a container going out in August.How many fit into a container I ask?20,40?Irrespective of the amount it is clear machines are being built and as I mentioned in a previous post got mine 3 weeks ago.Can understand some here are frustrated but going on about vendettas etc surely will not help.

That’s a good question. I am not well versed in container shipping so I can’t say.

#6989 44 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The bloomin onion is the national dish

Why aren’t we talking more about this? What a delicious treat. I have no idea if it’s Australian but whoever devised it is a mad genius.

#7016 44 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It would be nice to have honest responses to these questions:
1) How many Fathoms are left to make and how many are you making per week/month?
2) Why are domestic orders being delivered before international orders that have paid in full?
3) When will you have a container filled to go to the US? This should be an easy calculation. I was told mine was scheduled to be in a container shipping in January and that did not happen.
4) Can you commit to giving customers regular updates? Once every 5 months is not enough.
I'm sure Centaur customers have their own questions, as well.

I was told the same. I don’t think that container has left so hopefully both our games make it on that container.

#7041 43 days ago

Well that’s a let down.

#7097 41 days ago

As someone who paid in full a year ago the one word in the letter that worries me is recapitalize. I am grateful there was this communication in my inbox just now.

#7117 40 days ago

It’s a bummer I had to wire full payment. I have no recourse like if credit cards would have been allowed. Hope is not a strategy, but that is all I have left.

#7124 40 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I sent a bunch of questions to Damian after that email. While he couldn't give me details on when my game will be built or how many they are making per week/month or when the next container would go out, he did provide a long response including the following:
"We are still building games and will be completing all orders, I have no intention of ceasing manufacturing in any way, so your game will be built."
"We will be committing to more frequent updates with our customers, and please be assured that I am still 100% committed to providing you with your game."
All we can do now is wait and see what happens.

Glad you heard back. I emailed a list of questions earlier this week and still have yet to receive a response.

#7169 40 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Can GAP or someone else explain why Great American Pinball has at least two new Fathom Mermaids sitting in their warehouse? This was posted yesterday (in the PF thread, obviously). I'm just trying to understand why at least one US dealer has new games in stock when a bunch of US customers have paid in full and don't have their games.
[quoted image]

I don’t begrudge any distro that got their games they were due that paid in full before I did a year ago. Fair is fair if they are working in order.

#7195 38 days ago

I had an email out to Damian before the announcement came out and after. I haven’t gotten responses. Any other fully paid folks able to get responses?

#7197 38 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, someone said they had a response a few posts ago. I also got a response when i emailed a few weeks ago.

Ok. I’ll follow up again.

3 weeks later
#7519 14 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

In ten years the vast majority of pinball buyers will no longer be working and will likely be trying to sell down their collections into a flooded market to supplement their dwindling superannuation. I can't imagine anyone deciding that would be a good time to start a pinball manufacturing company.
(Yes there is a small percentage of younger players around now, it would be interesting to know how many NIB pinballs they are buying while they are struggling to pay off their mortgages)
I really feel for Damian, I think he is a genuine and passionate bloke and I hope he manages to dig Haggis out of this hole.
But the fact that there is STILL no gameplay video of Centaur is a worry, he needs to do that ASAP to give people with deposits some hope.
I doubt he will sell any more deposits without doing that.

Cary Hardy is unboxing a Centaur live at TPF. Started an hour ago. I expect a lot of first impressions and hopefully some game play footage from Texas this weekend.

#7522 14 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That flew under the radar.

They probably didn’t make a big deal about it earlier in case something happened with shipping. Just a guess on my part.

#7565 12 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's no crap about it Wayne. There were a stack of games air freighted before the container left. Go back to the start of the owners thread and this thread.
What i said was true.

Not trying to cause trouble, just facts here. I paid in full Feb 2023 and asked for container. My game didn’t make it in any containers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.