catchy-as-hell.gif
My_Pinside_»_Settings_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-22_06.56.17 (resized).jpg
image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 159.
#6451 9 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

3 more coming this way and one is mine, woo hoo!
[quoted image]

Congrats .
Hopefully it has a smooth ride .

#6452 9 months ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Hopefully Haggis starts to make some profits now with the release of Centaur. Fathom Mermaid was a bargain buy at $12650 AUD. I was quoted $18000 AUD from the Australian Distributer of Chicago Gaming a few weeks ago for Cactus Canyon Remake Se plus now thats a rip off.

Thats Bullshit they are under $15k AUD the LE and SE+ were $17,990 try and bring one in yourself Cheaper

#6453 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Thats Bullshit they are under $15k AUD the LE and SE+ were $17,990 try and bring one in yourself Cheaper

Did you think or read again before you responded Wayne?
Maybe it is just me re the pricing

#6454 9 months ago

Did you think or read again before you responded Wayne?
Maybe it is just me re the pricing

I read fine, if you don't like the prices you can bring one in yourself, we sell more CGC games than any other Distributor in the World outside the USA, all Distributors have to buy an SE for each LE and shipping has gone from $300 a game to $800 a game and thats in containers, 2 x games cost $2700 not in a container. Happy to sell you one at the same US are selling for and you can bring it in yourself.

#6455 9 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Why are you so seemingly bitter about Haggis Wayne?? Did you lose out somehow?? Is it purely just jealousy?? Like why so negatively invested in what they do cause it doesn't make sense

Not at all, its just i am 10 mins away and know all the ex staff and the owner of the building, and hear the same stories daily from my customers paid in full 8 months ago and still waiting, take a deposit sure, balance when games are ready.

#6456 9 months ago

Congrats Andy

#6457 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:Thats Bullshit they are under $15k AUD the LE and SE+ were $17,990 try and bring one in yourself Cheaper

Anyway at $17990 AUD for a CCr SE+ it makes Fathom Mermaid a steal and even Centaur Beast Edition at $16500 a good buy.

#6458 9 months ago

Not at all, its just i am 10 mins away and know all the ex staff and the owner of the building, and hear the same stories daily from my customers paid in full 8 months ago and still waiting, take a deposit sure, balance when games are ready.

Not bitter at all?Really?Daily news from your customers?Do you reckon you could have done better?Any pinballs for manufacturing coming out your way?

#6459 9 months ago

OK if all remaining Fathoms are to be made by the end of the year I will bare my arse in Bourke street. Only way will be if idiots signup and pay money on another Pyramid scheme 100% trading whilst Insolvent

Some of those "idiots" you refer to are present or potential customers of yours.

Now, I don't know the laws in your country, but here in the states, calling Haggis a "Pyramid scheme" is libelous. And collectively, all of your misleading statements could be considered, tourchouse interference.

And weren't you the one that created the false, Bill the delivery driver story last year?

What I find most sad is, you, as an importer of American made products, seem intent on sabotaging an Australian business and your fellow countrymen.

Bad Move Human.

#6460 9 months ago

I’m looking forward to the end of the year hopefully to have my Mermaid built and shipped.
I was initially given #233 two years ago but recently found out a Pinside member already has that Mermaid Edition in their game room. After inquiring, Damian discovered my number was double allocated. #241 has now been assigned to me.
Wishing all the best to them. Go Team Haggis!!!

IMG_3132.jpegIMG_3132.jpeg

#6461 9 months ago

I am #242. I hope they get them done soon. It has been 22 weeks since I made full payment.

#6462 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Some of those "idiots" you refer to are present or potential customers of yours.
Now, I don't know the laws in your country, but here in the states, calling Haggis a "Pyramid scheme" is libelous. And collectively, all of your misleading statements would be considered, tourchouse interference.
And weren't you the one that created the false, Bill the delivery driver story last year?
What I find most sad is, you, as an importer of American made products, seem intent on sabotaging an AU business and your fellow countrymen.
Bad Move Human.

Hey. Why incite here? Let it go.

USA law does not export.

Reflect on your last comment mate.

Peace

#6463 9 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Hey. Why incite here? Let it go.
USA law does not export.
Reflect on your last comment mate.
Peace

There are laws of defamation here too, don't worry. Assuming the rules of manners and ethical business practices don't apply to Wayne.

https://aussielawyers.com.au/legal-topics/defamation-law-fact-sheet-aussie-lawyers/?gclid=CjwKCAjwh8mlBhB_EiwAsztdBC1BGGkXfToWK6j-61480sbFwspgOhx-ewMsdJAvNuBuziSSUsl0RxoC3V0QAvD_BwE

Like the man says, there's only one of them driving a Ferrari.

#6464 9 months ago

I dont know who Wayne is. Couldn’t give a shit.

But this convo blurs defamation, libel, manners, ethical business practices, and bizarrely, “Bad Move Human” across continents. Before we even talk pinball.

Peace

#6465 9 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I dont know who Wayne is. Couldn’t give a shit.
But this convo blurs defamation, libel, manners, ethical business practices, and bizarrely, “Bad Move Human” across continents. Before we even talk pinball.
Peace

Wayne is the guy who's publicly defaming a fellow competitor. In contradiction to manners and ethical business practices.

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't post.

And bad move human IS pinball.

#6466 9 months ago

Well clearly Wayne is the guy in your back yard clobber.. I dont know who the fuck he is mate and who I dont give a shit about. Party on between you both.

I was talking to MR68.

#6467 9 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Well clearly Wayne is the guy in your back yard clobber.. I dont know who the fuck he is mate and who I dont give a shit about. Party on between you both.
I was talking to MR68.

Peace? Don’t incite? LOL

Yeah you’re a real gem…. mate.

#6468 9 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I was talking to MR68.

It's cobber, not clobber.

cobber
nounINFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
a companion or friend (often used as a form of address between men).
"G'day cobbers!"

What is a clobber in Australia slang?
clothes
Clobber is a very colloquial word. As a verb, it means 'to hit or beat severely' and, figuratively, in games or competitions, it means 'to defeat completely. ' Also very colloquially, to clobber means 'to criticize harshly. ' As a noun, in UK and Australian English, clobber means 'clothes or other personal articles.

And if you were talking to Mr68 why were you quoting words from my post?

#6469 9 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's cobber, not clobber.
cobber
nounINFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
a companion or friend (often used as a form of address between men).
"G'day cobbers!"
What is a clobber in Australia slang?
clothes
Clobber is a very colloquial word. As a verb, it means 'to hit or beat severely' and, figuratively, in games or competitions, it means 'to defeat completely. ' Also very colloquially, to clobber means 'to criticize harshly. ' As a noun, in UK and Australian English, clobber means 'clothes or other personal articles.
And if you were talking to Mr68 why were you quoting words from my post?

Sorry boss. You’re right. I’m wrong. My fat fingers put an “l” in there - courtesy of laying bricks and stupidly living in QLD for 25 years. Peace

#6470 9 months ago

There's less honest ways to make a living and worse places to live.

#6471 9 months ago

Lots of history on Wayno. A lot of it was pre-Pinside and can be found in rec.games.pinball.

#6472 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Lots of history on Wayno. A lot of it was pre-Pinside and can be found in rec.games.pinball.

I hope theres no libel, defamation, bad manners, or discussion of business practices contained in there!

2 weeks later
#6473 9 months ago

Today Haggis said they will ship my game on a container.
Man I hope they mean it.

#6474 9 months ago

Better off putting it inside the container.

#6475 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Man I hope they mean it.

That’s good news. I am waiting for mine to be built and would like the container option.

#6476 8 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That’s good news. I am waiting for mine to be built and would like the container option.

Also waiting… paid in full for several months now, so at this point taking the container option seems to be the best bet.

#6477 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Also waiting… paid in full for several months now, so at this point taking the container option seems to be the best bet.

I asked Damien to hold my game until the end to give the best chance of container shipping being an option. We will see.

#6478 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I haven't been asked to pay yet. So based on other pay schedules, they are at least 6 months from completing the Fathoms. Mine is a Classic and I doubt they sold more than 15-20 of them total. Will be interesting to see if they ever do fill a container before the end of the Fathom run. If they fill one, mine could be in a partial container or maybe wait for some Centaurs to fill it? By that point it will be well into 2024 for sure. What a mess. I'm actually surprised they are offering the container thing again for Centaur considering not a single container of Fathoms has been sent to date.

#6479 8 months ago

I selected the full container shipping option back in May when they contacted me to arrange shipping. I had previously paid in full back in October last year.
At the time they contacted me about shipping, they had stated that they expect all Fathoms to be complete by end of this year. Then a 60 day shipping time to Nevada. I don't like spending an extra $1300 to get it sooner, I have plenty of other pinball to keep me busy till then. I just picked up a $1300 Galaxy to keep me busy!

#6480 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Man I hope they mean it.

Can you clarify if what they meant was that they will be shipping it via container today or very soon, or if they simply meant they will ship it in a container once they have enough to fill a container? If you meant they are actually shipping it via container soon, then I imagine there will be a lot of happy folks happy their games will finally be on the way!

#6481 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Can you clarify if what they meant was that they will be shipping it via container today or very soon, or if they simply meant they will ship it in a container once they have enough to fill a container? If you meant they are actually shipping it via container soon, then I imagine there will be a lot of happy folks happy their games will finally be on the way!

Container filled and leaving end of August this year this month.
Per Haggis Company

#6482 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Per Haggis Company

Interesting. I paid in full in February. I wonder if mine makes that cut.

#6483 8 months ago

its well worth the wait, hope to see some happy Yanks on here for a nice change!

#6484 8 months ago

its well worth the wait, hope to see some happy Yanks on here for a nice change!

Rome wasn't built in a ......

#6485 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Per Haggis Company

It will be nice to see a whole container load touch down in the USA. Hopefully they can fill up another at least most of the way before mine ships at the end of the run. 60 days to ship seems like a long time but there are a lot of logistics involved I suppose.

#6486 8 months ago

#6487 8 months ago

#6488 8 months ago

Why? Do you really want to see a bunch of beautiful pinball machines built by a small manufacturer going down like that, do you? I sure hope not

#6489 8 months ago

People really need to lighten up. It was a dark joke and funny. No reason that means any one hopes that really happens.

#6490 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Per Haggis Company

Thats awesome news, glad to hear it!

#6491 8 months ago

I got a similar update from Haggis:
"Correct - we should be able to get your game into the container which we are anticipated to be filled and ready for shipment end August / early September."

#6492 8 months ago

If anyone is looking for a Mermaid spot message me. My buddy is considering letting his go. It should be ready soon per Haggis.

#6493 8 months ago

#6494 8 months ago

Just got the text from Flip N Out. Fathom Mermaid Edition on its way, should have it next week. Placed the order about 10 days ago.

#6495 8 months ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Just got the text from Flip N Out. Fathom Mermaid Edition on its way, should have it next week. Placed the order about 10 days ago.

Lucky you. I paid Haggis in full in February and still no word if or when mine is being built, let alone shipped.

#6496 8 months ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I got a similar update from Haggis:
"Correct - we should be able to get your game into the container which we are anticipated to be filled and ready for shipment end August / early September."

Translation- Maybe January/February.

#6497 8 months ago

Some questions:
1) How many pinball machines fit in a container?
2) How long does it take to fill a container? I guess we'd have to know how many games they are making each week and how many of those are headed to the US via sea freight.
3) If my game is made later this year, when should I expect it to reach the US via sea freight? Mid-2024?

#6498 8 months ago

33 games in a standard container i believe. That's what came here on the first GnR run.

#6499 8 months ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Should’ve just asked him to swap ya for the one on the shelf in the FNO warehouse! Idk if its a Mermaid.

#6500 8 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

33 games in a standard container i believe. That's what came here on the first GnR run.

That's for a 40'. They should be (are likely) looking at 20' for half that number. Slightly more expensive per game but I doubt they could fill a 40' in 2 years let alone 3 months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
There are 7,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 159.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/130?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.